Breaking Away from The World...

By LoveHopeDreams

Nicole Williams met Greyson Chance one summer and felt an instant connection: could it be love? But with two... More

Summer Rocks
Movies and Trama
Grounded for the rest of the summer
Love at first Sight
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT^^^^^^

Breaking Away from The World Around Us

129 1 0
By LoveHopeDreams

Date in the story: August 10th, 2011

Greyson's P.O.V.:

So many sounds around me. So many things I'd grown to get used to in the past two years. Honestly, it was exciting at first but now it's just a blur.

I wish I was a kid again. Back in Oklahoma, with Lauren.. I know, I know! She broke my heart. I know it does. But.....UGH. See why it drives me crazy?

Tonight we were back in Ohio. The fans here are great, and I love seeing my friends that live here. Maybe tonight will be the night that I will fall for a girl that will change everything. That's how it ends in my dreams, but in reality every night I never find that special girl. Maybe it'll change. Which is why right before I stepped onto stage, I looked up and whispered, "Please just let it be tonight." And went on the stage.

Nicole's P.O.V.:

Gosh, where do I start? My name's Nicole. I'm 13 (almost 14!!!!) and I live in Ohio. I have a brother and a sister, Will and Ashlee. I'm a writer, I write fan flicks and stuff, but nothing real serious. And I LOVE music <3

I play guitar a little, but I feel like music is just....me. My favorite musical artist ever would be Greyson Chance. Sounds like a fan obsession I know, but I really do like him. He's got so much talent, but that's not exactly what gets me. It's that he chooses not to write about girls more and writes about life problems.

So I was seeing him in concert tonight. It was me and a friend of mine. He was on tour with Miranda Cosgrove, and so we decided to go. Greyson was opening for her and I was so stoked to finally see him live.

Seeing him live was so undescribable. I thought I'd cry, but I didn't. His album had just come out, so I mistaked a few of them for another. I felt like a bad fan, but it'd only been out for a week or two,

My friend, Sydney, and I sang along and waved our hands back and forth in the slow songs. I could've swore that Greyson saw me and he looked like he was singing to me. I was swooning over him just when the last song came.

"Thank you guys so much, you all have been great! Please check out my album Hold on til the night in stores now! And please welcome my good friend Miranda Cosgrove. Thank you Ohio!!!!!!!"

We cheered as he walked off stage. We waited a while, and we saw his band members walk up the steps up to the park area of the arena. Sydney and I walked down to the gates to his tour bus, but they wouldn't let us back there. I gave them my letter and told them about what had happened and they said they'd take it back there with no hesitation.

We watched some of Miranda's performance, but then we went to the merch table. We both bought t-shirts and a poster. We talked to his band members and they seemed like they were really nice.

But the action didn't happen until....until we decided to leave the outdoors arena. As risky as it was, we knew we could wait outside of his tour bus and it'd be okay.

We were just at the curb where we were going to cross. We'd walked about a block or two. The guy managing the roads told us we needed to get to the other side, but right around when that happened we saw Greyson. The other girls didn't see him since they were on the other side of the road. Greyson was walking from one bus to the other. He saw us and smiled, and he waved. We squealed and cheered as we moved over to the other side of the street. All I could  think about was his blue jeans, his classic Beatles shirt....his converse. How he was so normal, and how he must miss home....and I understand how he must feel.

"Hi." a girl with black hair said. "I'm Rachel. You guys waiting for Greyson?"

"Yes." I said. "He just waved to us."

"He was just out here signing autographs. I wish you guys got to see him. Once MIranda's set is over, all those little kids are gonna come back here. Hope you guys get to meet him."

"Even if we don't, this experience will always be remembered."

We waited about twenty minutes and talked to Rachel. She was really nice. Then all of the little kids started piling in and we were all crammed in, I was actually scared I'd lose Sydney! Some little kid got in front of me, but Sydney pulled them out of the way and let me back in.

And finally.....the moment came. His band members got us all riled up and then....we saw him. Same outfit as earlier, but he had a jacket on. He looked so happy to see fans, but something didn't fit in.

We waited patiently, nervous and scared, but we kept our cool. The closer he got, the closer I wanted to say, "Okay, let's just go home."

And when he was at the people next to us, I really thought I couldn't do it. He was standing so close and.....

There he was. Greyson Michael Chance. Standing right in front of me. I stepped down from the curb and realized he was taller than me. I always thought he'd be a little short.

"Hi." he smiled. There was a gleam in his eye that I hadn't seen when he talked to any other fan. But there was something there. Something missing. He was feeling down, I know it.

"Hi." I smiled back. "I.....you are so amazing, your music is so inspiring." I said, trying to get the point across.

"What's your favorite song on the album?" he asked, seeming like he was getting more comfortable.

"Hold on til the night." I said, but now when I think about it I could've said Waiting Outside the Lines or Home Is In Your Eyes.

"Yeah, I love that one too!"

"She's taking too long." a security guard said.

"No, she's fine." Greyson smiled. He wasn't trying to pick me up or anything. Just being nice. "Do you want a picture taken?"

"Sure." I said. I wasn't sure though, because I was still a nervous wreck and could feel my cheeks turning red. I posed with Greyson while Sydney started her iPhone.

Greyson's arm was around my shoulder, and my arm was wrapped around his back. I got as close as I could, not creep like but close enough to where I couldn't get any closer. I looked up at him and thought about kissing him on the cheek. I forgot to with Cody Simpson the first time I met him, but now I remembered. I looked back towards the iPhone and rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes for just a minute and took in the moment. I opened my eyes and there was the flash and the snapshot, and the moment was over.

"Could you sign this please?" I said, holding out a checkbook. I didn't really have anything else, so mom gave me her checkbook for him to sign.

"Sure." he smiled. He signed it and handed it back to me. We just stared into each other's eyes the whole time we talked, and the whole time we talked that gleam was still there.

"I gotta go or they'll at me." he said ashamedly. "Do you want a picture too?" he asked Sydney.

Sydney talked to him and as we walked away, we yelled, "Bye!" and he yelled it back. And as we walked away, I had a smile on my face. Which hasn't happened in a very long time.

Date in the story: May 20th, 2012

Nicole's P.O.V.:

School's almost over, and thank GOODNESS.

8th grade year was NOT my best year. I had to retake my 7th grade math class because of what happened and my teachers were just eeeeh. I mean, the only one I didn't like was Ms. Bounadouchie. I've had her for three years and now I finally get a new school, new teachers. The research paper really got me, and it sucked the fun out of school.

On the bright side, I made so many new friends this year! The second day of school I was sitting in math and there was a new kid from Australia. I just started talking to him! He was really nice, his name's Jordan and he plays guitar and sings. Ever since then we've been inseperable. Then he had three friends in his Science class, Ross Lynch, Nathan Gamble, and Peyton List. We all were friends, and they took me like I was their own. Peyton was in my P.E. class, and she introduced me to Bella and Zendaya. Nathan and Ross were in my music class, where I met Kenton Duty. Kenton was in my History class, where he introduced me to Cameron Boyce.

Here was my schedule and who was in my classes:

7:30- Homeroom

7:45- Science (Ross, Nathan, Jordan, and Peyton)

9:00- History (Kenton and Cameron)

10:15- Math

11:20- Language Arts

12:00- lunch

12:30- Language Arts

1:20- P.E. (Peyton, Bella, and Zendaya)

2:20- no more school

So Ross, Nathan, Jordan, Peyton, Kenton, Cameron, Bella, and Zendaya were my main friends this year. Gosh, I had so much fun with them! Bella became my best friend, but I think Peyton was a little jealous. I mean, Peyton's nice, but she and Bella became enemies. And Zendaya trasnfered schools during the schoolyear. So by then I only had one friend that was actually interested in painting nails and talking about teddy bears and all that. Since according to Cameron, that's all girls do :)

Kenton didn't mind, though. I mean, he was friends with Bella. He liked me too. He actually thought it was funny that we were all girly. Especially when we'd be hanging out at Bella's house, and there was a spider. Kenton would have to pick it up and take it outside, because Bella didn't want to hurt it. But Kenton was a really good study budy, with History tests we always studied together, and thanks to him I got my History grades up.

Of course, the other guys were cool also. Just Kenton was always the nicer one. Ross always teased me in science whenever we did something gross. I would always scream and run off, and Nathan and Jordan would laugh. Peyton used to laugh, until she stopped talking to me. Ross was a good friend to cry with, not that Kenton wasn't, but Ross was more of a, I can't believe he would do that kind of guy. So when a guy I liked broke my heart, Ross was always there to make me feel better. He always made me feel better.

Nathan and Cameron were the rebels. Nathan was more a goody goody, but Cameron was always getting into trouble. If I ever felt rebellious, I'd go to them. They always got in detention for crazy stuff, riding scooters in the hallways and skipping classes. They were partners in crime, and even though they weren't as mature as Ross and Kenton, they actually were good to talk to Which is why I'd be there for them when they had a problem. I can't tell you how many times Cameron called me and I went over to his house and let him talk. Same with Nathan. We'd all watch Disney movies and I hope it made them feel better.

So now it's summer and I hope I don't lose these friendships. I've already lost enough as it is. I still remember that night. I still remember Greyson. I wonder if he remembers me.

My goal this summer? To meet Greyson again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 53.5K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
31.3K 1K 21
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
123K 5.2K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
34.3K 112 13
All the characters are from my imagination and nothing is personal here. For All the photos used the credits qre to their respective owners.