musubi┃loki laufeyson (✓)

By -asgardians

" I just want to know your name. " | It would be a foreign language resting between their jaws. Waiting to be... More

MUSUBI
GRAPHIC GALLERY
EPIGRAPH
EPISODE I : THE SONATA
I. OCEAN OF STARS
II. ONCE UPON A DREAM
III. YOUR NAME
EPISODE II : CRESCENDO
IV. LOST IN YOU
V. IT WAS MERELY FATE
VI. 5 CM PER SECOND
VII. YOUR LIE IN APRIL
EPISODE III : MAGNIFICO
VIII. STAR CROSSED LOVERS
IX. WHEN TWO STARS COLLIDE
EPISODE IV : PRAEFINITUM
XIII.FLAVORS OF YOUTH
EPILOGUE

VII. A GHOST FROM THE PAST

5.8K 430 138
By -asgardians

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━
a ghost from the past !
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

It was summer, and in Nagoya,  summers were usually accompanied by the gentle sway of the mountain breeze. But in New Mexico, the presence of wind was replaced with a disorientating haze, and it came from the smoldering ground - forcing her to squint under the aggressive rays of sunlight.

Even the birds were silent and the grass stood still as if too hot to move, not that there was much green anyways.Her eyes had to adjust from the lush green foliage that usually surrounds her hometown to the stretch of sand and stone before her.

" Welcome to New Mexico," Coulson announced with a tight smile,he had to raise his voice to prevent it from drowning against the heavy chopping of helicopter blades.

Makoto has to steady herself against her suitcase, her legs stiff and numb from the agonizingly long plane ride. She has never been on a plane before this one, and she can't say that it was the best experience in being sandwiched between two strangers for nearly twenty hours.

Not to mention that she didn't get a wink of sleep in the car ride from the airport all the way here, how could she when two agents were constantly checking up on her through the rear view window from the front seats.

She wouldn't be surprise if she was hallucinating at the moment as she stood before the facility. It wasn't the tall building made of cement or bricks that she had expected it to be,instead it was constructed with fences that circled the perimeter , shaped like a cage as people - scientists and agents, drift through them.

Makoto felt a shiver of uneasiness slither down her spine.

Every cage holds a beast, so what exactly is it holding ?

She was an astronomer, she expected telescopes and charts. What awaits before her is hardly astronomical material, it looked like it came out from NASA, sure, but it was all heavy blocks computers that definitely didn't display any ensign-Rosen bridges, and weapons that lie strictly against the hip of ever person that had passed by her.

Swallowing her queasiness she turned to Coulson," Director Coulson.Do you mind if I head back to the hotel ? I'll start first thing in the morning."

Coulson's eyes softened in understanding," Of course. You must be tired, feel free to come before 8am tomorrow. Take your time to know the city. Do you need an escort ?"

She let out a stiff laugh," It's fine Director. I can, I can hail a taxi."

She didn't bother to look back once she started hurrying herself out of the oppressive crowd of  agents huddled by the exit. Once she was out in the open she exhaled the breath she didn't know she was holding back, truduging a few miles before reaching the main road. The traffic light above her blinked lazily under the sweltering heat, and she shrugged off her cardigan as she waved for a taxi.

━━━━━━━━━━━

The tiny motel Makoto was staying in wasn't a five star hotel, not that she didn't expect it to be one either. It was squished between two heavy buildings that was parallel across a lively diner swarming with people, despite the fact that the city's population wasn't as crowded as the previous cities her father had visited her in America. It reminded her of Nagoya, in a way. Secluded, quiet, yet if you find the right place, you can see the wonders it truly holds.

Which is why Makoto finds herself seated within a cozy booth by the window of the diner, with a blue eyed waitress taking her order instead.

" Anything else I could get you sweetheart ?" She asked, a southern drawl rolled of her lips as she scribbled down Makoto's pancakes and chamomile tea, " You look worn out, you sure you don't want to switch the tea with some caffein ? We make a pretty good cup of coffee."

She politely declined the offer with a smile, caffein would only leave her awake when she clearly plans to sleep right after. She couldn't tell how much longer will her eyelids withstand the fatigue, all she knows is that she was eager to get a good rest.

So when she heard the sound of glass shattering against the ground, she couldn't help but yelp in surprise, her entire body jolting upwards in shock. Sinking further between the cushions her eyes frantically roamed for the source. Not far from where she was, a group of four encircled a small table. The culprit was a man with sandy blonde hair, which rests above his shoulders. He towered over the three, his voice booming around the compact enclosure.

" This drink I like it ! Another one !"

Makoto grimaced at the barbaric act, and the woman beside him proceeded to scold the burly man like a child. Makoto didn't bother to hide her confusion as the other woman gave her an apologetic look. She proceeded to approach her afterwards, a shy smile gracing her lips.

" Sorry about that, you must be shocked. Our friend there just really likes coffee. Don't worry,it's not American custom I can assure you, since I can tell that you're not from around here. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm Darcy, by the way."

Makoto only laughed at the woman's babbling," That's alright, I'm aware that it isn't. I'm Makoto. Yamamoto Makoto."

Before she could continue the conversation the waitress slid her stack of pancakes onto the table and the trio was already hauling themselves by the door. Darcy followed shortly, leaving her with a,"It was nice meeting you Makoto, enjoy your stay !"

Makoto didn't have time to blink when the scene shifted,and suddenly the brief image of the man flashed before her mind. She was sure that the two never met, but a pull of familiarity was radiating off him, as if they know each other. But who?

Who is that man ?

He is but a stranger, isn't he? Then why does she feel as if she knows him? Her mind tried to come off with possible solutions,but she was too dazed to piece them together.

So she was left to stare at her steaming mug of coffee and plate of double stacked pancakes,which was overflowing with syrup and butter.

Scowling,she held back a sigh.

She never really liked maple syrup.

━━━━━━━━━━━

It wasn't long until evening came, and soon it was nearly dark outside. She had called Coulson to give him the latest updates on the articles she had put together,she even emailed him some of the research findings she had made right after she finished her brunch. She was tired, yet her mind wouldn't allow her to rest so she typed the hours away, the thoughts of the mysterious man never really leaving her mind as she worked.

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when her phone let out a shrill ring,it has been doing so for at least five times now, but knowing the caller she decided to let it be. She wasn't in the mood for any lectures at the moment, especially when it comes from her local psychiatrist. Finally sick of the constant loop her ringtone created, she begrudgingly answered it.

" Moshi Moshi, Dr. Shoyou I'm working at the moment -"

" Makoto,it's me, Hideo."

She stopped typing, trying to not let her voice waver in concern," Hideo ? It must be late by now in Nagoya, why are you calling me, is everything alright ?"

" Everything's alright, I just, I just wanted to see how you're doing. Oto-san and Oji-san are worried about you. They've been trying to call you but you didn't reply, they wanted to know if you have eaten."

Hiding an amused smile Makoto replied," I have eaten, tell them I appreciate their concern, and that I miss having dinner with them even if it had only been just a day. Tell them that I'm sorry I didn't answer their calls, I thought they were from Dr.Shoyou. He's always lecturing me about my condition."

" Well, they're just dreams aren't they ? You haven't have them in while now, I'm sure you'll be fine," His voice on the other end was brimming with light humour, but she knew that he too was ready to jump into a lecture.

" Just dreams."

Gripping the phone tighter she whispered," I'll have to call you back, Hideo-kun. I'm currently busy at the moment, goodbye."

" Wait-" The line was cut off as she pressed the red button, sliding the device across the wooden desk with more force then intended.

Something was lodged between her throat, and she felt nauseous, the sensation of nostalgia she has been trying to surpass ever since her encounter with the mystery man was finally overcoming her like a tidal wave.

She decided that she was going to sleep it off, it was the only way. So she quickly changed and slid under the covers, shutting her eyes in hope of an escape to the reminder that the darkness behind her eyelids used to hold something more than that, something meaningful.

Someone meaningful.

She has been trying to live with it now, the occasional dreamless nights she experience. She expected that tonight would be no different.

That was where she was wrong.

━━━━━━━━━━━

" You," Makoto breathed out, the wind knocked out of her lungs. The pouring rain around her seemed to come to a halt as she gaped at the man before her.

This was one of her dreams, this wasn't a memory, she was sure of it. This was a dream, the drenching storm around her was a fragment of the day Makoto visited her grandfather's grave. A small bubble of the most recent visit she gave him a day before she left for New Mexico, and she remembered that it was drizzling outside yet she stayed at the foot of his tombstone - gently stroking the ashen stone with her numb fingers as the rain hide her tear stricken face.

But now she was merely a few feet apart from the man who haunted her dreams even when she was awake, the man who she taught she would never see again. He too was shrouded under the storm, with droplets of rain palpating off his green and golden streaked armour. Him.

Questions flooded her head ; why now ? Where did he go ? Where have he been all those nights ? Why did he had to leave and come back only now ?

But only one question slipped out of her mouth, it was more of a plea, a beg, and it jumped out of her throat as a desperate sob as her eyes locked onto his.

" Your name ? I want to know your name."

━━━━━━━━━━━

Hello ! As you see they're paths are slowly intertwining once more, and to begin we shall introduce the lord of thunder ! Er - I meant God of Thunder, ehehehe

1) What do you guys think of the cover ? Don't be afraid to give constructive criticism or suggestions, as a Hufflepuff I would appreciate honesty as it is the best policy !

2) leave your thoughts about this chapter on the comments !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 445 18
Dylan Banner is the nineteen year old daughter of Bruce Banner. After moving around her whole life S.H.I.E.L.D. recruits her father to help capture L...
1.7M 91.9K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...
496K 16.3K 31
Both have a past they don't like. She was tortured and he was neglected. But when the God of Mischief has to be held captive in her home she can't he...
33.5K 668 27
WARRIORS | "As a child you would wait And watch from far away But you always knew that you'd...