Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 24: The Interlude

2K 99 2
By blackgirlwrites

It was Saturday afternoon. I had just finished up my morning cleaning when there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and was greeted by Terrance on the other side.

"Hey T. Come in."

Terrance walked inside and sat down in the chair near the door. He scooted up to the edge of his seat and rested his elbows on his legs. I sat down across from him.

"Where's your crew at today?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Who's to say they won't pop up though? They're famous for that."

"Ah yeah. I noticed," he said laughing nervously and rubbing his chin.

"So uh. Look. Alyssa," he started. "I just want to apologize for yesterday. I was uh, completely out of line and I'm sorry. Things shouldn't of gotten that far in order for me to understand that you're an adult now. As an older sibling it's hard watching your younger siblings grow up."

I leaned forward in my seat. "And you don't think I know that," I smiled. "I have a younger sister too, yah know." Terrance's mouth curved into a grin. "Watching Mya grow up is incredibly hard for me. She has this amazing personality and she's really coming into her own. I look at her sometimes and I'm like 'aaah what is happening'," I laughed, " 'who is this woman,' ya know? But I wouldn't be a good big sister if I didn't step back and let her do her thing. She's her own human. I'm my own human. We do things that people don't like. We do things that we don't like. Sometimes we become our own worst enemy or the thing that we fear the most, but we don't need people throwing our shortcomings or whatever in our face. You feel me?"

"I feel you," Terrance smiled. "Look at you spouting words of wisdom. When did you get to be so smart," he laughed tapping me on my knee.

I grinned. "That's what four years away from home will do to you. You gain some perspective."

"I'm proud of you Lys. Despite all the bullshit I was spitting yesterday, I'm really proud of you and I admire the woman that you've become." Terrance paused. "And thank you for keeping it real with me too, on some real shit. I know I can be an asshole and I'm sorry for that." He took a deep breath. "Look. You're my sister and I love you no matter what. From here on out I'm not gon' let anything get in the way of our relationship again."

I perked up. "Hey. Thanks T!" I smiled at him. "There's no love lost."

Terrance nodded his head. "Good." He stood up.

"Hey you don't have to leave so soon. We can still hang out if you want."

Terrance grinned. "You mean I haven't overstayed my welcome, yet?"

"Pssh. No way." I grabbed his arm. "Come on. Let me make you lunch."

"Only if you throwing down like nani."

"Please. I don't do it any other way."

"Aight then. Lead the way!"
..
About an hour or so after hanging out with Terrance, Janelle and I went shopping. I had a very important job interview coming up and wanted to look my best. My other clothes just weren't cutting it. We were just getting back to the apartment two hours later.

"Where the hell have y'all been," Kevin asked playfully when Janelle and I came through the doorway.

"We just went to the mall; did a little shopping, ya know," I said as I held up my bags. "I see you invited the flossy posse over," I teased. "Hey y'all." Scattered laughter came from around the room.

Kevin got up from the couch and stepped in front of me as I was headed to my room.

"Babe what's up," I grinned up at him. "Can I help you with something?" A grin teased the corner of his lips as he cornered me into the wall. "You went to Victoria's Secret didn't you?"

"Damn. Did you spot the bag from your seat or something," I teased. "You were looking hard as hell," I laughed.

He grinned down at me. "What you get babe," he asked as he opened up the bag. He pulled out a pair of black laced panties.

"Well for starters, the panties you never replaced," I said snatching them out of his hand and putting them back inside the bag. He licked his lips and grinned. "My bad." Kevin reached back into the bag. "What else you get," he asked as he pulled out a silk thong. He held them up in front of me and grinned. "These are sexy," he teased."You gon' where these for me?" I reached up for them, but Kevin snatched his hand back. "Kevin put them back before someone sees," I whispered. He laughed. "What else did you buy for daddy," he asked with a raised brow.

"The rest is a surprise," I grinned as I snatched the thong out of his hand and put them back in the bag. I turned to walk away, but Kevin caught me by my arm and discreetly pinned me against the wall. He leaned inwardly. "I can't wait," he grinned.

"I'll tell you what. If you come back here in one piece tonight I'll show you the rest."

Kevin's hands slid around my waist "You got yourself a deal," he grinned.

"This dude is forever mackin'," Darius said looking back at us. Everyone in the living room laughed. They knew it was true.

Kevin pulled away from me and laughed. "I can't help it."
..
It was after two a.m. when I was awoken by a noise outside of my apartment door. "Man if Kevin was here he could handle this shit," I said to myself. I left out of my room to see what all the commotion was about. I grabbed the bat that was nearby and opened the door. Kevin spilled into my apartment with my brothers right behind him. I put the bat down and looked at them. "Really y'all?"

"Hey baby," Kevin said to me as he leaned into my chest. "Got damn it," I mumbled as I tried to hold him up. I looked wide eyed at my two brothers and pointed at them. "Y'all in trouble," I whispered. They looked at me. "What we do," Tyreek whispered. I shook my head and hooked my arm in Kevin's. I guided him into the bedroom.

I slowly sat him down on the bed. I got down in the floor to untie his shoes. I took them off of his feet and stood up. "You are the best wife ever," Kevin said to me drunkenly as I unbuttoned his shirt. I looked at him and blushed. "You are not supposed to be cute right now," I said as I pulled him out of his shirt. I reached down and unbuckled Kevin's pants.

Kevin looked up at me and grinned. "Whatchu trynna do?"

"I'm trynna take off your pants."

"Well I can see that," he laughed as I pulled them off of him. He stood up clumsily and slid his arms around my waist. "What else you trynna do?"

"Baby, you're drunk," I laughed gently pushing him away.

"But that's not all I am," he grinned as he ran his hand over the front of his boxers. "Oh my god," I chuckled. "Lay down. I need to go check on thing one and thing two," I said turning away from him.

"They good," he said grabbing my wrist and turning me back around. For someone who was drunk off their ass he sure had good balance all of a sudden. He pulled me in tightly and kissed me so softly and seductively. "Damn," I whispered when he let me go. "Hurry up. I'll be here when you get back," he said roughly in my ear. I bit my lip and looked back at him. "Okay." He smirked and sat down on the bed.

I headed back into the living room with blankets and pillows for Terrance and Tyreek. Ty was already comfortable on the floor. He moved the table out of the way and everything.

"Here Ty," I said throwing him a pillow and a blanket.

"Thank you," he mumbled.

"Where's your brother," I asked him as I sat Terrance's pillow and blanket on the couch.

"Kitchen," he mumbled.

I walked into the kitchen to find Terrance sitting at the bar counter top.

"What are you still doing up," I asked him.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About bringing my fiancé home drunk," I questioned as I sat down across from him.

"Would you have preferred I left him at the club?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up T."

"Hey. Kevin is old enough to be accountable for his own actions."

"Oh, so that you see?"

Terrance chuckled. "Touché."

I stood up from my seat and walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Ya know," Terrance started, "when I first met him at mom and dad's house he was talkin' bout how much he loved you and how much he wanted to marry you and shit and I was like 'is this guy forreal?' He just seemed too put together, ya know? I was waiting for him to mess up or say the wrong thing, but he didn't. He was exactly the kind of dude that I would want my sister to marry. After tonight he is still the guy I would want you to marry. You don't have anything to worry about." Terrance got up from his seat. "You got a good one sis and I just thought you should know that," he said as he exited the kitchen.

I looked at him as he walked away and smiled.

When I got back into my room Kevin was sprawled out on my side of the bed. "Damn it Kevin," I groaned. "Really?" I sat the bottle of water on the night stand beside him. I walked over to Kevin's side of the bed and slid in next to him. "Kevin," I whispered. I slid my hand over his waist and kissed him on the cheek. "Kevin." He didn't budge. I sighed frustratedly. "I should have known better." I pulled the covers over my body and went to sleep.
...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 50 19
*COMPLETED*✔️✔️ This is a story of how two lovers fight for their love from the beginning to the end.Will they win this fight?
73 0 13
This is a story of love drama and romance and people who believe in love but never saw themselves as worthy of love, will they be able to achieve the...
52.2K 2.7K 45
This story is based on my imagination... And sorry for the grammars... English wasn't my first language so just deal with it.
13.8K 313 55
"I can't trust you, I can't listen to you, I can't believe you. I want nothing to do with you get the fuck out of my life Harry!" I yell at him while...