The Story of Us

Por bmstones

Cliche. I know I know. Bad boy meets the nerd. But hey this story may just be not cliche enough yet still cli... Más

The Story of Hating School
The Story of Meeting You
The Story of Meeting Your Parents
The Story of a Broken Hand
The Story of Pictures
The Story of Roses, Rude Guys and Ridiculous Amounts
The Story of Actually Working
The Story of High School Parties
The Story of Best Friends
The Story of Cupcake Wars
The Story of New Discoveries
The Story of the New Hot Couple
The Story of Forwards
The Story of Too Much Ego
The Story of Suspects
The Story of Problem Solving
The Story of Death Glares and Dinner
The Story of Dress Fittings
The Story of Valentine's Day
The Story of Birthdays
The Story of Realizing
The Story of Weddings
The Story of the Bad Waiters and Favorite Movies
The Story of Criminal Minds
The Story of Scared and Stuck
The Story of Waking Up
The Story of Execution
The Story of Finally Seeing Him
The Story of Ice Cream and Movies
The Story of Ship Names
The Story of Catching Up
The Story of Phone Calls
The Story of Explaining
The Story of Betrayal
The Story of Our Flaws
The Story of Us (Part 1)
The Story of Us (Part 2)
The Story of Graduating
The Story of Tying the Knot
The Story of Our Forever
Epilogue
Final AN
I love you guys
PLEASE READ
GO

The Story of Doing a Pretty Good Job

14.1K 357 144
Por bmstones

Silence can be a person's loudest cry. You know you have hurt them badly when they start ignoring you

~~~

"Hey, honey. Alright?" my dad asked as I pushed my chair in. The chatter around me never stopped and I felt a certain comfort although I hate large crowds. The tension around our table is thick thanks to the previous event that happened only minutes ago.

"Fine." I nod curtly and smile tightly. Parker's eyes are watching my every move and his posture is stiff. Mack is silently twiddling her thumbs and her eyes hold a certain emptiness.

"Lennon that is a lovely necklace." Mrs. Campano compliments and I smile broadly at her. A genuine smile.

"Thanks."

"But I really love the bracelet. Original very unorthodox." she nods with finality.

"My mom gave it to me when I was three. I wear it everywhere. Even in the water. Thankfully, it is water proof." I elaborate and the tension has thinned down slightly. Though I still feel his eyes watching me.

"Amazing." she whispers and grins before turning to her husband.

The courses were finished and it is now time for some dance thing before an announcement will be made. I grasp Mack's hands and pull her up.

"Excuse us. But we are going to dance." I smile at my dad when he chuckles.

I don't leave room for an answer before I am spinning off to the dance floor Mack in tow. I twirl her around once we reach some place where my father can see us and make sure we don't get kidnapped. She giggles and starts to try and dip me. I guide ether with me and fall backwards slightly myself. We hop around like maniacs but only a few people seem to notice our antics. Mack starts to laugh as I take a rose from a nearby vase and put it between my teeth. We roam around on the dance floor laughing as I pretend to be a man with the rose.

"This stuff tastes disgusting." I mutter quietly to Mack as I point to the stem I pull between my teeth. She giggles slightly then we leave to go back for the announcement.

"-well it is a plan." I hear my dad say as we come back to the table.

"What is?" I breathe out.

"Parker as telling me how you two have a project together and we were just deciding on days for you two to work on." he explains and I groan.

"Dad," I whine" I could've done that."

Truth be told I was going to write some things about myself then have him write about himself then take it and combine it into a story. All he would have to do is some biography.

"Oh well. You are going to work three days a week. Monday. Wednesday and Friday." he concludes.

"I can't do Fridays." I shake my head.

"Vinnie and I always hang out on Fridays."

"Oh well then how about Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday." Parker suggests and I shrug still looking at my dad.

"Well? Is that okay with you?" my dad shoots his eyebrow up.

"I guess." I reply boredly just as I get a text. My heart skips a beat as I look down at the unknown name.

Stay away, is all it said. I sighed shakily and slid the phone back in my pocket. Hoping Parker didn't read the text I silently pray as the announcer makes his way to the stage.

~~~

"So he kissed you because of some waiter dude hitting on you." Vinnie squeals as we sit on my bed watching some re-runs of Pretty Little Liars.

I roll my eyes for the fiftieth-time that night and nodded my head. "Yes. But you don't get it. It was my first kiss as in like three more steps 'till I fully lost my innocence."

"Yes but you are a senior in high school you should have already lost your virginity." she says in so nonchalantly that I start choking on my water. I pound my chest until the water goes down.

"Sorry," I mutter, "but you don't get it. Your first kiss is supposed to be special. You are not supposed to run off to the ladies bathroom with tears as you wear a fancy dress and converse."

"Converse?" she quirks an eyebrow.

Busted.

"That is beside the point. The point is I wanted my first kiss to be special. Not an ugly, teary, unexpected, awkward, gross, humiliating, horr-" a hand slams don my mouth before I can finish the next adjective.

"But. It was with Parker Campano," she states like I am in completely in love with him," and he is the hottest boy in school. Also the bad-boy. Which is like... a good reputation if you date him."

"ible kiss." I finish when her hand removes from my mouth. She rolls her eyes at my stubbornness.

"Let's just watch and see if Ezra is A or not."

~~~

I have been dreading today. Not only because it is Monday. But because I have to sit through a whole period with Parker. I pull out my City of Bones and begin to read it.

"Lennon." I don't acknowledge Parker as he taps my shoulder. I keep reading about Clary Fray and Jace Wayland.

"Lennon."

"Lennon."

"Listen. I didn’t know that was your first kiss, okay? I just figured a person like you would have had it already."

"You can't ignore me forever."

I am doing a pretty good job.

"Yes you are doing a pretty good job." Parker mutters and my eyes widen.

"Lennon." he drawls. By now the teacher let us start our project so the kids were talking.

"Lennon." he whispered his breath fanning against my ear. Goosebumps arise on my arms and legs. The hairs on my neck stand up. A chill vibrates down my spine and my breath hitches. I focus on breathing and my heart beats faster.

He smirks as he notices his effect on me. I scowl but keep reading. His long, rough fingers slide across my collarbone. They dip to just above the collar of my sweater before I could stop his hand it slides back up and drags across my other collarbone. My eyebrows are furrowed in concentration as I try hard to not focus on his finger that slides across my spine.

"Isn't this considered sexual harassment?" I snap.

"Not if you enjoy it." he winks and I shudder standing from my seat.

"I am not." I bark and turn on my heel just as the bell rings.

"I will see you after school." he smirks as he strides past me making it a point to have his hand brush across my butt. I jump in shock and storm angrily down the hall.

~~~

"I hate how you guys find this amusing." I mutter at the table full of giggling girls. Yes, I do sit with the cheerleaders. And besides their peppy attitudes they are actually pretty cool. I mean they are stereo-typed to be total snobby whores. But half of them are virgins and 'non-snobby'. They aren't even envious that I am hanging out with the boy every girl pines after. But I guess since they have boyfriends.

"Aren't you excited that he will be at your house? Possibly in your room?" a girl named Arabella calls out besides me.

I scowl at her and her head throws back in laughter.

"No."

~~~

"I will follow you there." Parker shouts as I slam my car door ignoring him.

A couple minutes later we pull to my house and I pull in the driveway. Parker follows suit and I pull my bag from the back. I unlock the door and see a text saying Mack will be out with a friend. Parker closes the door behind him and he follows me into the kitchen. I sit my bag down on the counter and go to the fridge.

"Want something to drink?" I peer at him.

"Sure. Water is fine." he shrugs as his eyes scan the place. I pull out two water bottles and toss him one.

"Anything to eat?" I ask. What? I may be ignoring him but I need to be a good host.

"What'ya have?" he looks at me and watches as I take a gulp of the water.

"We have frozen waffles. Frozen pancakes. Frozen pizza. Frozen lasagna a lot of frozen things." I say in conclusion.

"I could go for a frozen pizza right now." he nods and I go to the freezer and pull out the pizza. I slide it into the oven and turn to look at him.

"Well aren't you going to give me a tour of the house?" he asks.

"I guess." I shrug flatly. We go through the first floor and basement and I can tell Parker is amused by the amount of Beatles objects, quotes statues and etc. that we have. We pass the second floor and I stop at the staircase where my room is led to.

"That is it." I say and block the staircase.

"Where is your room?" he frowns. Then he smirks realizing that I am blocking his way to the room. I watch as he takes a slow, taunting step towards me. I start to push him but his hands enclose on my wrists.

"Not allowed in my room." I shake my head.

He takes another step to me.

"But then we couldn't finish the tour." he reasons.

"My dad doesn't allow boys in my room." I stutter as his face gets to mine and our breaths mingle. His eyes flicker down to my lips but I turn my head slightly.

"Your dad is not home."

Before I know it I am flung over his shoulder and his feet are pounding up the stairs. I screech trying to get off of him as I wriggle around. I hear him rummage round my drawers.

"That is a violation of privacy!" I scream pounding on his back.

"Ooh. The panties drawer." I can hear his smirk as he pulls open the drawer slowly. I wriggle harder trying to stop him. My panties are not like granny panties but they sure aren't VS panties either.

Shit. I freeze.

That stupid push-up bra and the stupid matching pair of red lacy panties.

"Put me down!" I growl. Hopefully, he won't go through the whole drawer because the pair of lingerie are all the way in the back.

"Nope." he chuckles as one hand wraps around my waist supporting me and the other hand prevertedly rummages around my drawer.

"Shit." I hear him curse lightly and I squeeze my eyes shut hoping he didn't just find my unwanted bra and panties.

" I didn't know you ore this type of stuff, Lennon." he puts me down and is smirking as he held up the bold red push-up bra and the matching panties, I scowled and wrapped my fingers around the skimpy clothing before tugging it from his grasp and pushing it back in the drawer. When I turn back around he has no smirk and his face holds an unreadable emotion as he studies my facial features. I stare at him in confusion but he seems too deep in though to notice. He seems to snap out of it when the pizza timer goes off.

I brush past Parker and head down to the kitchen. I hear the faint 'thud' of his footsteps so I keep walking. Pulling out the pizza I slice it equally and put a slice on a plate for Parker, then one for me. We eat in silence until Parker looks up and opens his mouth to say something. I am still furious at him for stealing my first kiss so I look back to my pizza.

“I didn't know." he whispers quietly as his head is hung.

"I know. But there was no point in kissing me." I say softly.

"That waiter was hitting on you and he wouldn't stop" he mumbled and under his breath I think I heard him mumble something along the lines of 'and maybe because I wanted to.' but I didn't believe it so I ignored it.

"It is fine." I shrug and look away.

"You forgive me?"

"No."

"Oh." his shoulders sag.

"I don't think I can ever forgive you. But I can get past it." I add.

"Why not? It's not like I took your virginity." he barks and I can tell he is getting angry.

I gasp and jump down from the counter, "It's supposed to be special. Not some slimy, unexpected humiliating kiss. That was forced on me."

His anger is starting to show more.

"Go home." I start to grab his empty plate to wash it. Before I can grab it fully his hand wraps around mine. Hard. I whimper when the dull pain starts to grow.

"What did you just say?" he seethes.

"Go. Home."

His grip tightens and I whimper again.

"No." he booms and I shriek out in pain when his grip feels like it has crushed all the bones in my hand. I throw my head back and fight the tears that form to spill my hand is throbbing in pain when Parker jumps back after I shriek. I cradle my hand and sniffle when I see the obvious hand mark outlined around my palm and the back of my hand.

"Lenno- I- I did- I am so sorry. I didn't mean to." his eyes are wide with horror and disbelief.

"Please." I manage to whisper over the growing lump in my throat.

"Go." I choke out. He apologizes again before he turns and leaves. I start shaking slightly as I collapse on the tiled floor.

~~~

Hey. Well that is my chapter. Do you think Parker is always so violent?

Picture of Lennon's bracelet on the side!

I will be updating every Sunday starting today!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

15.7K 255 5
[[MATURE]] 16 year old Emily was disgusted, to say the least, when she found out that the biggest nerd on campus, Justin, had a mega crush on her. Em...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
208K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
191K 5K 40
Quick side note: This book was originally named 'The Bad Boy, The Secret, and Me' and was renamed to its current title as of 27/04/2018 for existing...