Limerence and Ignorance

By cellophanesoliders

[[ Warning: Mentions Social anxiety a bit in the first few chapters. I'll tag it on each one. If theres anyth... More

Chapter one
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six

Chapter two

56 1 2
By cellophanesoliders

[[ Bluhbluhbluh, nothing really mentioned here besides language. Also, this is a casual reminded that sex ≠ love. This comes into play at the end, but there's no sex in this chapter. Next one though. ;P ]]

At lunch, Alex found the cafeteria pretty quickly and walked in, studying the room. It was quite large, and quite loud. He crinkled his nose before  shrugging, walking towards the farthest corner like he was instructed to do. What he found there was his friend and two of the boys in the corner of the classroom earlier dispensed among a table, the one he knew smiling brightly and motioning at him. He nodded and sat beside him, focusing on Jack as he spoke. “Alex, these are my friends. Rian and Josh. They’re pretty fuckin’ chill,” He nodded, smiling as the shorter boy mumbled a ‘hey’. Any worries he had were washed away when his friends smiled and returned the greeting, much more polite than expected.

However, his worry was quickly replaced with annoyance as his girlfriend bounced over. That’s not what annoyed him, though. What annoyed him was how she behaved and the other girl who appeared later. First of. after being introduced to Alex, Holly just looked at him and then continued to talk to Jack about cheer practice. He rolled his eyes when he got a chance, but otherwise nodded. That is, until the other girl, a brunette, came over and distracted his girlfriend. He looked over at Alex and gave a half shrug, sighing.

“Who are they?” Alex questioned, feeling out of the loop. His friend nodded before speaking. “The blonde’s Holly. She’s my girlfriend. Quite honestly, I have no clue about the other girl,” He admitted as Alex looked back over at the two girls. A moment later, they looked at him, surprisingly pausing their giggling. Holly then whispered something into the brunette’s ear, looking at Alex the whole time. The brown haired girl laughed, and then they were both giggling. The boy looked away then, frowning some. “I don’t like them,” He stated, and Jack snorted. “Yeah?” He glanced at the sandy haired male, who nodded. “Yeah.”

Jack shrugged at that, watching him still. “I mean, I love my girlfriend and all, but she can be loud and annoying as fuck. Her friends are always like that,” He explained, making the other scrunch up his nose. “I’m not down for loud.” He replied, turning to the taller of the two, who nodded and smiled some. “I don’t really care anymore. Anyways, uh, Alex. Wanna come over and start the project after school?” He asked, surprised at the way Alex’s face lit up. “Yeah! If your parents are cool with and all, obviously.” The bell rang now, and the two boys continued to talk as they began to walk. “My parents aren’t home when I am. Chill out,” He stated, messing up Alex’s hair briefly. “Meet me at the main doors?” He nodded, leaving as soon as the blonde bounced up next to Jack.

The day dragged on, with Alex having awkward encounters with his teachers. Nothing too bad though; More so just talking with the teacher, which was for the most part okay with him. At the end of his last class, he returned to the locker he’d figured out was his before lunch (with Jack’s assistance) to shove his things into his backpack. Once that was done, he slammed his lock-less locker shut, and began to take wide strides towards the front of the school.

Jack was already there, and Alex smiled widely as he approached him, getting a grin in return. “Hey, Jack. So, uh, I was kind of wondering how you get home? Since you’re parents aren’t home, I assume they’re working, and I don’t enjoy buses, but as long as I can sit with you it should be cool and stuff.” The taller male was about to respond, it seemed, before he was interrupted by that darn blonde again. Holly, Alex reminded himself. She was giddy and bouncy, leaning up to kiss Jack’s cheek and hang on his arm some. “Hi, babe! Can I come over after practice later? Lisa’s busy, and I haven’t talked to your mom in forever!” That’s all Alex was zoned in for, until his friend took hold of the situation. “Woah- Calm down, Hol. I wish you could, but Alex is already comin’ over. Beat you to the punch,” He shrugged some, and the brunette felt a smile tug at his lips. Any traces of it were wiped away when the girl looked at him with a huff. “Jack! Please?” He shook his head, kissing her quickly. “Tomorrow, maybe. You’re gonna be late to practice if you don’t hurry.”

It took a few minutes for her to actually leave, but once she did, the two boys began walking out of the school. “Jesus Christ, she’s annoying as hell. Sorry if she’s being.. Rude? Or maybe overzealous? Whatever. I’d way rather hang out with you though. Oh, and I walk.” Alex was caught off guard by what he took as a compliment, and looked over at him. “Oh, yeah?” The other nodded, before elaborating further. “I am the worst boyfriend ever.” He concluded with another nod. “It’s a fact.” Alex scoffed some. “I’ve never even been a boyfriend before, so.. Take that as you will I guess.” 

Jack raised his eyebrows, the two finally leaving school property and following a sidewalk. “Really? Are you serious? Huh,” He thought about it before shrugging, making Alex curious. “Why do you sound so surprised? Do you honestly think somebody like me could get a girlfriend?” Or boyfriend, they both thought. Alex more so because he was mixed up about this a few years ago, and Jack because right now, and for the past two years, sexuality was a blur. He’d been strictly attracted to girls for a good while now, so he concluded straight. Alex had one or two boys he gawked at, but otherwise was down with chicks. “Well, I mean, yeah. I do. You’re pretty kick-ass, and you’re not.. not attractive..? You aren’t ugly, is what I’m trying to say. Not as hot as me, obviously,” Jack teased, looking over at the boy with a taunting expression. Alex rolled his eyes. “Of course.” Even if that’s pretty much how Alex felt- Not quite ugly, but not quite attractive.

The conversations they had otherwise on the walk home were pretty standard. Like, ‘how old are you?’ to which they discovered Alex was older, by a year. Speaking of which, Jack also found out Alex’s birthday was pretty soon. December wasn’t too far away. He also found out why his friend moved here, and even that he lived in England for a while! ‘Well, where’s your cool as hell accent?’ Jack had questioned, to which Alex scoffed. “I’ve pretty much adapted to an American accent, you do realize. Six or seven years versus almost ten. I can, like, bring it out though. If I wanna.” His reply almost instantly made the taller boy beg him to use it, and he rolled his eyes, promising he’d do it later. Music taste was another topic, and according to Jack, the other’s music taste was ‘actually not fucking shit’ like everybody else’s. Excluding his own, obviously.

Once the home of the boy was reached and the door was unlocked, Alex followed Jack in, glancing around. It seemed quite nice, and empty, really. “I think my brother’s here? He’s usually home by time I am, but I know my sister won’t be here for a while.” Alex nodded, following his friend up a set of stairs. “I didn’t know you had a brother. How old is he?” “He’s thirteen.” He continued to nod, looking around some more as the pair entered another room, presumably Jack’s. The taller dropped his backpack, and the other’s followed. “Oh my God, you’re room is terrible. It’s so messy,” Alex scolded, making Jack scoff. “Like your’s is any better!” He replied, before tripping over God know’s what and landing face first on his bed with a groan. “Oh, it is. Without a doubt. This is like.. I don’t even know,” He shook his head, sitting on besides Jack’s figure on the bed. “Whatever- It’s just comfy. Shut up,” Jack murmured into the bed, before sitting up. “I’m hungry.”

Moments later and the boys were back downstairs, in the kitchen. Jack had shoved pizza rolls on a plate and into the microwave before turning to Alex. It was at this moment when his phone went off, about three times in a five second span, and he groaned. “This is one of the down-sides of dating a cheerleader. They’re literally always cheery. The sex is good though,” He joked, shoving his phone back away. “I haven’t had sex with a normal girl,” Alex shrugged, and he swore Jack almost choked on his spit. “Are you serious? At least tell me you’ve jerked off.” The brunette scoffed and blushed some. “Jack! Your questions are weird. Not that it’s any of your concern, I mean, but, yeah. I’m not some saint!”

Jack grinned, laughing as he removed the no-longer-frozen food from the microwave, popping one in his mouth just to spit it in his hand. He whined at how hot the food was, setting the plate down with the hand already holding it. “I wonder why.” Alex mumbled, and the other boy huffed at him. “Whatever- But that’s good. I might’ve had to change that,” He grinned some, watching his little brother enter. The two both ignored his presence, it seemed, until Jack spoke up. “Joe, this is Alex. He’s actually not a douche so don’t freak him the fuck out.” “I don’t freak people out! You do. Did you even ask mom?” Jack shrugged. “Do I ever ask mom?” Alex watched contently as the youngest of them all nodded. “Fair enough. I’m just going to not ask for a soda then.” Joe stated, snatching a soda from the fridge and exiting before Jack could protest. “That little shit. Anyways, you’ve literally set yourself up to be fucked. I hope you realize this.”

“Is that so?” Alex tilted his head as he ate one of the pizza rolls, making sure it was cool first, and then following Jack the way they came. “Yes, that is so fucking so,” He stated as if it were obvious, making Alex laugh. “I’ll try and keep quiet. You know, for your brother.” “He’d probably like it, the sick fuck.” He made a face at that, making Alex laugh some. “That’s great then. Assuming I’d be loud, anyways.” Jack thought about that as they reached his room again, sitting on the bed and setting the plate on a nightstand. “I wish we could figure that out- But I do have standards, you know.” Alex quirked an eyebrow, sitting on the floor with his back against the bed. He looked up at Jack. “Is that so? How classy.”'

“I’m classy as fuck, you asshole. First, they can’t be like, over eighteen or under sixteen. Fifteen, MAYBE. But that’s pushing it. You pass my first standard,” Jack nodded approvingly, and Alex rolled his eyes. “Oh, good,” He said sarcastically, reaching his arm up in an odd angle to grab another pizza roll. “We should have no problem getting aroused- I mean, pizza rolls are very arousing,” He nodded before shoving it into his mouth. “Oh, hell yeah they are. Anyway, next standard. I’ve had to known them for two days. This- This is your downfall. You do not pass the second standard. You’re the weakest link.” Alex gave a dramatic huff after finishing the food in his mouth. “Oh, darn! How ever will I go on?” He asked, before adding, “We could always just be friends with benefits, you know.” That was a joke, of course. He grabbed another pizza roll, eating it happily. However, Jack thought about it seriously for a moment.

“Well…”  “Well what?” Alex questioned, before continuing. “You mean what I said?” Jack nodded, suddenly interested in how his fingernails looked. “Yeah. I mean, it’s not a bad idea. We could probably pull it off easier than anybody else. If you wanna, I mean.” The older of the two was surprised, to say the least, and crawled onto the bed next to him. “Seriously?” The black haired boy nodded slightly, looking up at his friend. “I won’t be.. Very good at it,” Alex reminded him shyly, and Jack regained his composure at this time. “That’s what I’m here for, right?” He asked with a slight smile before quickly pressing his lips to the other’s. His friend’s. A guy’s. Alex’s, the boy he hadn’t even known for a day.

And quite honestly, he was okay with that.

[[So, there's chapter two! I should update soon, because the next chapter will probably be shorter. As always, feed back is lovely! Bye!! c; ]]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 42.3K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
127K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
122K 3.2K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...