Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 23: The Visit

2.4K 112 26
By blackgirlwrites

"Good morning baby," Kevin said turning to look at me from where he stood in the kitchen. He was at the sink washing a few dishes. I walked behind Kevin and slid my hands around his waist. "Good morning," I whispered. I kissed his cheek and pressed my body up against his back. My lips found their way down his neck and to his shoulder. I ran my hands a little ways up his shirt. "If I didn't know any better I'd say that you were trying to start something," Kevin teased. I slid underneath of Kevin's arm and stood in front of him. "What gave me away," I grinned as I kissed him passionately.

I slid his t-shirt over his head. I tossed it to the side. "What has gotten into you," he laughed as he watched me excitedly. I held onto the waistband of his shorts and pressed my body into his. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. "I don't know. You just do something to me." I ran my hands up and down both sides of his body and bit my lip. I hopped up on the counter behind me and motioned for him to move closer. He leaned into me and kissed me softly; my hands grazing the back of his neck. I hiked up the large t-shirt I was wearing and pulled it over my head. "Damn baby," Kevin grinned. I grabbed ahold of his hand and guided it in between my legs. He quickly looked at me and where his hand was. "I love this side of you," he whispered; his fingers sliding in and out of me. I smiled innocently and kissed him. I reached my hand down and tugged at his shorts. "I want you," I said, my lips still pressed against his. I pulled him out of his shorts and guided him inside of me; my hips slowly rocking back and forth. Then there was the sound of a door opening and closing. "What was that," I asked. "Did you remember to lock the front door," I whispered to Kevin as he slid deeper inside of me.

"Surprise!" Janelle yelled as she popped out from around the corner with two of my older brothers and the five usual suspects.

"Oh my god," I yelled at the same time as her. I covered my breast and grabbed Kevin's waist tightly, burying my face into his chest.

"I'm so, so, so sorry," Janelle said as she covered her eyes and pushed everyone else out of the kitchen with her.

"Oh my goodness," I groaned against the brawn of Kevin's chest, "this is so embarrassing." I shot my head up. "And what are my brothers doing here? They are gonna kill me. As far as they know I'm still a virgin."

Kevin pulled up his shorts and reached across me for his shirt. He tried not to laugh. "What? You-you can't be serious. You're twenty-two. There's no way they believe that."

"Listen I don't know what they know. I try to keep them as far away from that side of my life as possible," I whispered.

I picked up my t-shirt and quickly threw it on. I hopped off of the counter and pulled it down. I sighed. "I can't believe everyone just saw you---saw us---I mean you was up in my shit." I looked at Kevin and we laughed.

"Come here," he said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled. "I'm gonna go change so I can see what my brothers want," I sighed. "Good luck," Kevin said to me. "I should say the same thing to you," I said giving him a quick peck on the lips. I turned away and headed out of the kitchen.

"Janelle," I yelled out as I headed to my room. Within a few seconds Janelle showed up at my door. "What happened back there, J?"

"Alyssa I'm soooo sorry," she said. "Your brothers wanted to surprise you and---well, them other niggas just like hanging out here." I chuckled. "Lys when they asked me for my help you already know I was down. We had a whole plan and everything. I used my emergency key to get in so we could set up a few things, cause you know, you're usually gone in the mornings. I didn't expect to see you here, but since we saw the light on in the kitchen, we figured we'd just surprise you at that moment. Trust me, the last thing any of us expected to see was you and Kevin getting it in."

I laughed. "J, I'm not upset with you at all. You were trynna help do a really sweet thing aaand got a little more than you bargained for," we laughed. "Don't get me wrong though, I was definitely embarrassed that everyone witnessed us right in the middle of it, but I'll live."

"Forreal," Janelle asked hugging me. "Forreal," I replied. "Now I just have to throw on some clothes and deal with my brothers," I complained. "I really don't want to," I said as I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of PINK sweatpants. I put them on and threw on a t-shirt. Seconds later I left out of my room with Janelle not too far behind me.

"Hey guys," I said as I entered the living room. Both of my brothers walked over to me and gave me a hug. "I like what you've done with the place," Terrance said. "Yeah it looks really good," Tyreek added. I sat on the sofa beside Kevin. "So, what's going on? What are y'all doing here?" I tried to sound enthused.

"We just wanted to check up on you and see how you were," Tyreek responded. "It's been a while since we last seen you face to face, ya know."

"Okay listen," Terrance spoke up, "are we not gon' address the elephant in the room?"

"Shit y'all need to. That's what I'm waiting on," Josh said, eavesdropping from the kitchen.

"Shut up Josh," I shouted out.

"I really could have gone my whole life without seeing what I saw earlier. Thanks Janelle," Terrance shouted out mockingly.

Janelle groaned. "I didn't know she'd be here," she shouted back from the kitchen. "You knew what the plan was. Asshole," she mumbled.

"We couldn't even see nothing from where we were standing," Josh said to someone in the kitchen.

"Yo who is that," Terrance said getting irritated. "Tell him to shut his ass up."

"Ooh. Don't be rude," Josh said from the kitchen. "My grandmama always said you get more with sugar than with salt."

"Well I ain't trynna attract your ass so I ain't worried," Terrance snapped back. He refocused his attention on Kevin and I. "Kevin I consider you family and everything now that you and Alyssa are engaged and what not, but---"

"Let me stop you right there," I interrupted. "Me and Kevin are grown. Don't come in here on that big brother shit trynna change how we do things."

"Well I'm grown too, so check your tone. Why you fucking him anyway? Y'all ain't married yet!" Terrance turned away for a second and then turned back around to face me. "And is he staying here too Lyssa!"

I scoffed. "I don't believe this. It's okay for you to do it, but when your sister does it, it's immoral? That's bullshit T and you know it! You only mad cause you caught us in the middle of it. I'm not a little girl T. I'm over the age of twenty-one. If I want to have sex with Kevin, which I have been doing for the past several months now," I smirked, "I will."

Terrance didn't know what to say. "Well I hope you using condoms," he said looking between us and then he left out. Tyreek laughed. "T so extra. I personally don't care what y'all do. I like y'all together. Granted the situation was a little awkward, but it is what it is," he said as he scooted down in his seat and got comfortable.

"Is the coast clear," Janelle asked as everyone came back out into the living room. "Yep," I said dryly.
..
After about fifteen minutes or so Terrance returned. "You good," I asked him with a raised brow.

"Yeah I'm good," Terrance replied as he plopped down in a nearby chair. I looked closer at him. "Are you high? I thought you were done with that." He smiled causing his eyes to lower. I rolled my eyes and sat further back on the sofa. "You know what? I don't care," I mumbled.

"Hey we all have our own ways of relaxing. Ain't that right brother-in-law? I see how you like to unwind; by screwing my sister."

I scoffed. "Kev don't even dignify that with a response. He's being childish." Kevin ignored him.

Terrance sat up. "Oh you ain't gon' say nothing? She got you by the balls too!"

"Aight man chill with allat," Kevin said brushing him off. "You doing too much."

"Nah. You are. You know, my sister was a virgin before she met you!"

"What! Who told you that," I interjected, "no I wasn't."

Terrance looked shocked. "Hold up! You mean to tell me you was fucking other niggas before him?"

"Only the ones I was dating."

"Wow. Who knew," Terrance replied. "I'm really surprised at you," he said folding his arms.

"What the hell T! Are you trying to embarrass me right now?"

"Like you did me and Ty?"

"Aye Lys. I'm not embarrassed by you," Tyreek reassured me.

"You ain't right T, you know that? Face it. I am a grown woman and you're the only one who hasn't accepted that yet. The problem is you holding onto some dream that I'm the innocent little girl you knew seven years ago. Dad doesn't even do that. You prided yourself on the fact that I wasn't like Key; that I wasn't embarrassing you around school, but when Key was having sex, so was I. The only difference was I was discreet about my shit and she wasn't. Yes, she did her dirt in the past, but she didn't deserve to be shamed for it. And let me tell your ass something," I said standing up, "You not gon' do me how you did her! You got me fucked up! Don't sit up here in my home like you weren't hoeing around, cause we all knew; mom and dad did too, but they didn't believe in putting their children on blast. They were better than most parents. And you know what baffles me about this whole thing right now? You were worse than Key! Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! There was nothing you did that I didn't know about, because the girls you fucked always told it. Your name was always in their mouth; just like your dick I suppose."

Terrance was shook. Everyone's mouth dropped. "Oh shit," Josh mumbled.

"What? You thought I didn't know! I bet you thought I didn't know about Amber too?"

Terrance looked perplexed.

"Oh yeah. I know that you fucked my best friend in high school; got her pregnant; then went with her to get the abortion, per your advice no doubt! Did you know that the real reason she took her own life was because she couldn't handle the guilt!" My eyes were getting misty. "I know all about your trifiling ass. I know everything, but you know what...I never judged you! I never held it against you or threw it in your face, because love doesn't do that." Tears streamed down my face.

"And just so you know, I've only been with four guys in my entire life. How many women have you fucked T? How many have you fed false promises to? How many, huh! How many!" Terrance was silent. I scoffed. "You can't even tell me."

I paused for a brief moment. "You know, you're a prime example of patriarchy; expecting women to deny themselves sexual pleasure unless it's for your own gratification, because God forbid we want sex too. Your anger is not justified nor will it ever be. It's just laughable."

"Wooow," Mark exclaimed.

I stepped back from Terrance and shrugged my shoulders wearily. "You didn't even cast the beam out of your own eye before you tried to cast the mote out of mine, so how can you tell me what is the right or wrong thing to do with my body?"

Tyreek shook his head. "Damn that was deep."

"And since I have the floor, let me be very clear about something else." I moved a few steps closer to Terrance. "Kevin is the first real man that I have been with. He loves me down, understand? And there will never be another. The other guys in my past can't even compete, because them bitches don't compare."

"Preach," Janelle said behind me.

"He has my back and I will not allow you to disrespect him, me, or my friends for that matter, in my home. Get out of my apartment!"

Terrance tried to speak. "Dont say shit to me. I don't want to hear it. Just go."

Terrance headed for the door. Tyreek followed behind him. "He's my ride," he whispered to me, "so I gotta go. I love you." I wiped my eyes. "I love you too Ty," I said as he kissed me on the cheek. "Terrance? One more thing---" He turned around, "Don't come back." At that moment he looked regretful for everything he had done, past and present. Without another word, I stormed out of the living room and headed in the direction of the den.
...
After a few minutes had gone by Kevin entered into the den. I was curled up on the couch. He walked over to me and sat down. "How you holding up," he asked me. "Not good." Kevin laid next to me on the couch and cuddled with me. Lately I only wanted to be up under him; he had become the one that I depended on the most. I silently cried into Kevin's chest. He didn't say anything. He just kissed the top of my head and held me tightly as to keep me from breaking. When I had no more tears left in me I sat up. "I have never gone off on Terrance like I did to him today. As wrong and as dramatic as he was, I feel so bad. I just want to call him. I don't want him out of my life forever. I can't live divided among my siblings. They mean too much to me." I sat quietly for a moment thinking it over. "I think I'm gonna call Terrance. Should I call Terrance? Yeah, Imma call Terrance. Kevin what do you think?"

"If he means as much to you as you say he does, I think you should call him; patch things up while you still can."

I liked Kevin's reasoning so I called Terrance. We arranged to meet the following day at my place. I sighed after I hung up the phone. "He's gonna come over tomorrow so we can hash things out. This'll be good," I said excitedly.

Kevin grinned at me. "What," I blushed. "I'm just happy to see you smiling." I smiled back at him. "Come on. Let's go. We can't leave our friends out there unattended for too long," I said to Kevin. He agreed and stood up to leave. He grabbed my hand. "Let's go," he said huskily. Kevin pulled me up from the couch and whisked me away through the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 217 8
Billie Eilish x Reader (AU) This is a shooorrtttttt story. Only a handful of chapters because i don't want it to be that long. summary: The reader...
15 0 1
(y/n)... 1st story in this app, hope you enjoy! : ) This contain ⚠️ Bad words/swear. Bad Grammar. Some 18+ scene etc. This story might have 15 chapte...
166K 1.2K 9
"Brandon..... You're hurting me.", I hissed at him as he tightened his hold around my arm. "I don't give a fuck!", He hissed back digging holes insi...
38.6K 3K 40
A story of Jeongguk & Taehyung who are leading a MEANINGLESS life without each other's company. Will they really be able to make it? Or they AGAIN ha...