Issues

W1LDCH1LD द्वारा

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... अधिक

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

IV.III

1K 53 53
W1LDCH1LD द्वारा

You're the man of my dreams
Cause you know how to leave

Setting: Kylie's House, Calabasas, CA

Demi twisted the glass mug on the counter after taking another sip of the peppermint tea that Kylie had made for her this morning. It had been a few days since Demi told Kylie about the whole Trey thing, and instead of going back home to see Cristo and talk to him, she had holed herself up in Kylie's house, shut her phone off, and refused to go to any of her appointments. Kylie said that Kris was freaking out and Demi understood that but she was just overwhelmed. She had a wedding to plan yet she was still married to another man and her fiancé didn't know anything about it because Demi was too afraid to tell him, too afraid of the consequences.

"So, are you going to turn your phone on today? Cristo called and asked me if I had talked to you and I felt terrible for lying to him," Kylie asked, balancing Drew on her hip as she attempted to feed her half of a cinnamon French toast stick.

"Just give me another day, then I'll get out of your hair," Demi sighed, running her finger around the rim of the mug as Kylie shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. Stay for as long as you want as long as you promise that when you leave, you'll tell Cristo," Kylie said as Demi nodded in response then looked back into her half empty mug.

They heard the front door open and usually Demi would've hidden somewhere – that's what she did last time Khloe came over to talk about baby registries – but today, she couldn't be bothered. She heard the click clack of heels and looked up just in time to see Kim, Kendall, Kourtney, Kris, and Khloe walking into the kitchen with the filming crew right behind them. There goes her cover.

Kylie: I think Demi came to me when she got a little overwhelmed with all of the wedding planning because she knew that I wouldn't judge her or force her to go and talk to Cristo like my other sisters would. I don't think how she feels has anything to do with not wanting to get married, I think she just has a lot going on and needed a break. But, of course, no one really gets it.

"Demi, are you serious?" Kris was fuming the way she had been when Demi had ended up in jail for assaulting Elysandra but Demi didn't really care. First of all, she was grown. Second of all, she had only 'disappeared' for a few days. She hadn't missed that much.

"We've all been calling you, your fiancé has been worried sick, you've missed two meetings with the wedding planner...what is going on?" Kris demanded, snatching off her Gucci sunglasses as Demi just continued to play with her mug.

"Do you not want to marry Cristo anymore?" Kim questioned as Demi released something between a scoff and a chuckle.

"No, this isn't about that," Demi said, rubbing at her temples as Kim rolled her eyes.

"Then what is it? Because all he's been doing for the past few days is looking for you. What the fuck do you think this is, some type of TV show? You can't just disappear and abandon all of your responsibilities," Kim reprimanded her as Demi dryly chuckled.

"Really? Because the filming crew behind you makes me believe something different," Demi retorted before standing up.

"I just needed some time to myself without everyone bothering me. I will go and see Cristo now," Demi said, breezing past them to go upstairs and grab her things. She knew that she couldn't delay it any longer. In fact, delaying it any longer would probably make it even worse. She just had to tell him. It was like ripping off a band aid. It would hurt, but the pain wouldn't last forever.

Setting: Trey's House, Hidden Hills, CA

Another empty bottle of Smirnoff Vodka was set on his nightstand as he heard the doorbell ring downstairs. Trey wasn't in the mood to answer it but last time he had fallen asleep with someone ringing his doorbell and woken up to the same person still ringing his doorbell, so he decided to drag himself out of bed and go downstairs to answer it. Once he pulled the door open, his drunken state was dimmed because Demi's boyfriend – no, fiancé – was standing on the other side.

"Hi. I know this is an unexpected visit but I haven't heard from Demi in a few days and I know you guys are still close so I was just wondering if you've seen her." His accent irritated him but Trey shook his head. He hadn't spoken to Demi since he had professed his love for her only to get turned down. He really didn't want to speak to her either.

"No, sorry. I haven't," Trey said with a shrug as Cristo nodded in understanding.

"And she hasn't been over here?" Cristo asked but Trey just shook his head again.

"Sorry I can't be of more help. Whenever you find her, give these back to her. I don't need them anymore."

Trey dug into his pocket, pulling out the promise ring along with the Cartier band that he had never given back to Demi. He dropped them into Cristo's awaiting palm then closed the door in his face, completely ignoring his shocked expression.

Setting: Demi's House, Hidden Hills, CA

It was so stupid that Demi was scared to enter her own house. She had pulled her car into the garage, shut it off, and got out of the car but she was still standing outside of the door that led to her house, debating if she should really go in there and finally tell Cristo what was going on, or if she should hurry up and get back into her car to go back to Kylie's house. She should've told him before they even really got serious instead of making him believe that he had nothing to worry about when it came to Trey. Sure, she would never cheat on Cristo with Trey, but he probably wouldn't have proposed to her if he had known that she was still married to Trey.

Demi was about to reach for the doorknob to open it, but the door flew open and Cristo was standing on the other side.

"There you are...just in time for our dinner reservations," Cristo greeted, his face void of any emotion. Why wasn't he screaming at her? Why wasn't he expressing relief that she was finally back? Why was he being so...calm?

"Dinner reservations?" Demi asked as she finally allowed herself to step inside of the house. Cristo closed the door behind her before they moved from the mud room into the kitchen.

"Yes, with the writer from Vogue Paris," Cristo reminded her as Demi folded her arms across her chest.

"I don't really want to-"

"Well, maybe I'd be a little more sympathetic towards your feelings if you hadn't disappeared for four days and cut off all communication with me. Get dressed. The reservations are in an hour," Cristo demanded before he walked down the hall that led to where her library was as Demi just stood there in confusion.

There was something wrong with Cristo but Demi felt like it wasn't just because she disappeared for a few days and hadn't talked to him, but she didn't know what else he could be upset about unless he found out that she was still married. She just wasn't sure how he would know that.

Setting: Providence, Los Angeles, CA

Since Cristo had basically given her half an hour to get ready, she only had time to throw on a striped shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt with her pair of classic black Louboutins. They were almost matching since Cristo was wearing black as well, and Demi was sure that they looked like a picture-perfect couple, but they didn't feel like a picture-perfect couple. On the entire ride to the restaurant, Cristo had shot down every single attempt she had made to speak to him. The only time he looked at her was when he was helping her out of the car and grabbing her hand to lead her into the restaurant. As soon as they made it inside, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi, he had dropped her hand and walked 10 paces ahead to where the writer from Vogue Paris was waiting for them along with the KUWTK filming crew.

Demi: Today, we are meeting with the writer from Vogue Paris to discuss our article and cover shoot. I already did a shoot with Vogue Bridal but Kris felt like it would be a good idea for Cristo and I to do something together so yeah...that's what we're doing today and I'm so excited.

"Demi, Cristo, hi, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you! I'm Anna Swolaskia, and I'll be interviewing you for Vogue Paris. Everyone at the magazine is so excited about this cover," Anna gushed, shaking both of their hands before they sat down at the round table.

Anna had sort of a classic beauty about her. Her brown hair was pulled back into a sleek bun and she wore a pair of classic Ray Ban square frame glasses. She was wearing a silky white shirt dress with black thigh high boots and she kept folding and unfolding her hands, but Demi couldn't tell if she was doing that because she was nervous or excited.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. We also want to thank you for doing this interview with us," Cristo spoke as Demi nodded in agreement.

"Trust me, the pleasure is all mine. So, I thought we could just talk about how you guys want the interview to go and what we can and can't talk about, if that's okay. The main thing is I just want both of you to be comfortable throughout this entire process," Anna explained as Demi crossed one leg over the other.

A waiter interrupted their conversation, taking their orders for water and wine before walking away.

"You guys actually have options for how you want to do the interview. You can do it together or you can do it separately. If you do it separately, then you'll both be asked the same questions," Anna said as Demi looked over at Cristo but he didn't look at her.

"I think we'll do it-"

"Separately," Cristo cut her off, causing Demi to bite down on her tongue before forcing a smile on her face. If Demi could feel the tension between her and Cristo, then she was sure that Anna could feel it as well.

"Okay. We'll just ask the basic questions, you know like how'd you guys first meet, what was your first date, when's the wedding, favorite things about each other...stuff like that. Are there any topics that you're not comfortable with talking about?" Anna questioned. Demi expected Cristo to answer that too since he decided he wanted to be so talkative all of the sudden, but since he didn't, she spoke up.

"Can we not discuss babies or anything like that? I kind of just want the article to focus on our relationship and the wedding," Demi answered as Anna nodded in understanding.

"Of course, Demi. Like I said, we just want both of you to be comfortable," Anna repeated just as the waiter came back to take their orders.

"Enough about both of us. What about you, Anna? How did you start writing for Vogue Paris?" Cristo questioned, causing Demi to scoff underneath her breath, but they were spread pretty evenly around the table so Anna and Cristo didn't hear her. Demi caught the attention of one of the producers and made the cutting motion with her hand so that they would stop filming, and she was more than relieved when he actually listened and they started to pack their things up so that they could go. This was supposed to be a happy wedding special, and the last thing she needed was this stupid night captured on camera.

Anna and Cristo chatted with each other the entire night, pretty much leaving Demi out of the equation. Even when their food came around, they were still eagerly talking, laughing about jokes that Demi didn't understand and finishing off two bottles of wine. By the end of the night, Demi was nauseated, exhausted, and she was also fuming. If Cristo was so mad at her, why even insist on going to this stupid meeting? They were meeting with someone who was supposed to be writing about how much of a happy couple they were, yet they hadn't exchanged a single word during the entire dinner. Demi was at her wits end when Cristo finally paid the bill and called their car around so that they could go.

"I look forward to seeing you again, Anna," Cristo said, and Demi caught the way that his eyes grazed the little bit of cleavage that she was showing.

"As do I. It was a pleasure meeting you," Anna chirped with a flirty smile on her face, but then she seemed to remember what her job was as she looked over at Demi. "Both of you. I'll see you in a few weeks."

Anna left and Demi shot Cristo a look before she walked away as well. Before she could walk out of the door, he grabbed her hand since there were so many paparazzi outside, then helped her into the back of the town car. As soon as they were both inside, Demi snatched her hand out of his with a huff. Not only was she pissed at him, but she was so embarrassed. How dare he openly flirt with the lady who was supposed to be interviewing them while she was sitting right there? Demi was an angry crier, and the entire way home she had to keep gulping in attempt to move the lump out of her throat and keep her tears at bay.

"Thanks Max," Demi said before getting out of the car and slamming the door behind her. Cristo wasn't far behind as she entered the house but Demi didn't even acknowledge him. She threw her purse on the counter before going upstairs to her room. She heard Cristo call out for her but she completely ignored him as she entered her bathroom and began to remove her jewelry.

"Demi, really, you're just going to keep walking? We're not going to talk?" Cristo questioned once he finally made it into her bathroom.

"You did plenty of talking with Anna tonight," Demi hissed, taking her earrings off and angrily throwing them onto her counter.

"That's rich coming from my fiancé who completely dropped off of the face of the earth and ignored me for four fucking days," Cristo said back as Demi scoffed.

"I came back yet this entire night you've been acting so cold towards me. You didn't talk to me the entire ride to the restaurant, you put on this stupid show for the cameras then walked away from me, you didn't even acknowledge me during dinner time. I tried to talk to you and you didn't want to hear it!" Demi exclaimed as Cristo rolled his eyes.

"And to top it off, you were fucking flirting with the woman who's supposed to be interviewing us for fucking Vogue Paris. You sat there, right in front of me, and you flirted with her, and checked her out as if I wasn't sitting right there!" Demi could hear her voice growing louder as she pushed past Cristo to go into her closet and changed her clothes.

"Demi, I didn't do shit-"

"YES, YOU DID. I was sitting right fucking there, Cristo! I saw you!" Demi screamed in his face, kicking her heels off as Cristo scoffed.

"I'm not about to sit here and fight with you over something I know I didn't do. I didn't say anything when you came home because I didn't want to hear whatever shitty ass excuse you had for completely ignoring me for four days. I'm not fighting with you, Demi. If you want to fight, pick somebody else," Cristo said in an exasperated tone as Demi threw her hands into the air.

"I don't want to pick anybody else, I want you!" Demi exclaimed as Cristo pulled something out of his pocket and tossed it at her.

"Really? Is that why you're still married to your ex fucking boyfriend?" Demi looked down and saw her rings from Trey scattered on the ground. Cristo was fuming and he was waiting for an explanation, but all of the fight in her slowly drained once she saw those rings.

"Where did you get those?"

"Your ex-boyfriend. Or should I say husband? He said he didn't need them anymore. I walked in on Kris talking about divorce papers and it all made sense. Is that why you disappeared? Is that why you agreed to have the wedding in December, to give yourself time to get your divorce settled?" Cristo interrogated, even though it was clear that he already knew the answers.

"Cristo-"

"Just save it, Demi. How many fucking times have I told you that I don't care how bad your past is because I'll still love you anyway? How many fucking chances have I given you to tell me whatever you needed to before we really got into this, huh? How many fucking times, Demi? How many chances?" Cristo questioned as Demi ran her tongue over her teeth and tears pooled in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I really am, I kept trying to tell you but I didn't want it to ruin us," Demi lightly sobbed as Cristo stuffed his hands into his pockets then shrugged.

"I guess it's too late for that, huh?"

And just like that, he left Demi standing in the middle of her closet looking down at her promise rings from Trey while twisting her engagement ring from Cristo around her finger.

Mood:

And are y'all still liking this story? 😂😭

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

51.3K 590 22
Random but still this is my first time I'm sorry if its horrible.
63.2K 2.6K 33
losing yourself in your past makes it hard for you to see your future.
38.9K 686 32
It all started with a DM...
30.3K 1.1K 18
and I lost so much more than my senses, cause loving you had consequences