A Twisted Christmas

By Lillie_34

Andria a 16 year old girl was adopted by two loving parents in the eyes of others. But little did they know t... More

Prologue
Characters
..•°°•.Chapter 1: Melt Away..•°°•.
..•°°Chapter 2: They Don't Know What is What..•°°
..•°°Chapter 3: Surprise, Surprise..•°°
..•°°•Chapter 5: Unexpected..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 6: Moments..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 7: Gifts..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 8: First Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 9: Second Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 10: Third Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 11: Fourth Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 12: Fifth Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 13: Sixth Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 14: Seventh Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 15: Eight Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Chapter 16: Nineht Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..
..•°°•..Christmas Day..•°°•..

°°•..Chapter 4: Beach Time..•°°

20 3 0
By Lillie_34

“At the beach, life is different. Time freezes from time to time and everything becomes a moment.”

Driving out of Calliaqua I look at Josh who was focus on his driving I then spoke,

“So what beach are we going to?”

Not taking his eyes off of the road, he spoke, “Lily wants to see dove Island* but we're only going to stay there for a while.... After that we're heading Villa beach.”

[Dove Island is located off Indian Bay Beach.]

“Wow two beach in one day.” I murmured.

“Uh huh.” Lily said as she drink a cold mountain top water.

I smile, at least she's interesting in going. I stare out the window as we passed houses and cars that was going the windward side. After a few minutes of driving, Josh turn on his indicator signaling left and a van that was passing down stop and blow it's horn. Returning the horn he drove in the junction that lead to India bay beach where dove island is located. Parking in an available space I open the door and Lily hopped out.

“Hey Lily wait for me!” I shouted.

“Andria don't forget,” I turn to Josh who just spoke. He pulled out a pair of slippers and passed it to me.

“Oh yeah..” I quickly took off my shose and slip on the slippers which was kinda bigger than my feet and run behind of Lily.

Her tiny feet didn't reach far and scoop her up. I felt a pain shot through my shoulder and back. I gently put lily down and smile hiding the pain, “No don't go running off... Or Sylvester DrFreitas will come for you.”

Lily turn and look at me with interest in her eyes, “Who's Sylvester DrFreitas?”

I smirked, “You don't know who he is.” I held Lily's hand as she shake her head. She followed me until Dove Island was close to view. And I pointed at the island she wanted to see, [Image of dove island below⬇]

“You see that cross on top of the island.” I asked.

She bobbed her head up and down as I continued, “Sylvester DrFreitas was placed in that cross.”

Her eyes widened, “Really?” she asked excited.

“She's right lily... And DrFreitas loves kids who don't like to obey.... He'll take them to the cross and eat them.” Josh said creepily as he touch Lily. This cause her to jump, I stood up and hit josh on his shoulder then eyed him,

“Cut it out!” I said then knelt down.

“Don't study your idiotic brother.” I said she laugh. I guess she enjoys when I called her brother names.

“Hey am still here.” Josh said offended.

“I know.” I said, Lily and I laugh after him.

What I said about Dove island was indeed true. The cross serves as a mausoleum for Sylvester DrFreitas, who was placed in the cross standing up.

“I wanna go on the island. ” Lily bounce.

Wow for a kid at four she's really active. I look at the partway to see that the tides were high. If it was Josh and I alone we could of made it to the other side, but with Lily.. I can't risk that. I knelt down facing her,

“We can't.. The tide is too high.” I said calmly.

Lily stomp her feet as she pursed her lips displeased, “Mi war go!” [I want to go.]

When Lily's being stubborn or when she's upset she tends to switch from Standard English to Vincy Creole.

“This addi last time mi ah go dey yah!” [This is the last time am going to be here!] She started crying. I look at her confused.

“What?” I asked. ‘The last time she's going to be here?....What does that mean?’

“Lily come here.” josh called her. She ran from me towards him. I stood up as she ran in his arms. He then whispered in her ears her face brightened up immediately.

“Really?” she asked.

He nodded as she cheered, he then place her down and look at me, “Don't worry she was just throwing a tantrum.”

“Okay.”

“Hurry up Josh let's go to villa.” she said eagerly.

“Alright let's go.” he said.

We began walking back to the truck, before entering I stop Josh, “Hey what did you promise her?” I asked.

He laugh, “You'll see when we reach.”

I frown, “Fine.” we both enter the truck, I look at the digital clock in the truck, ‘11:30.’ while Lily jumped in my lap.

“Am sowwiee Ria.” she apologized playing with her fingers.

I awe insides as I smiled, “Don't worry about it. I forgive you.” She turn her head around and smiled.

I heard Josh chuckled before he started the truck and drove off to Villa beach.

***
[Image of Villa Beach at the beginning of story.]⬆

After looking for a good spot away from the sun, not much people was on the beach so it was easy to find a good spot for us. I helped Josh spread the blanket under the almond tree as Lily played in the sand.  I look at the time.

“Isn't it time for lunch?” I asked. I was laying down on the spread out blanket nibbling on some biscuits that Josh had give me. I turn on my back, looking up at the tree leaves.

“Oh yeah..” Josh murmured then look at Lily who was running to and from the water, ”Hey lily!” She stop running as I host myself up, “It's lunch time!”

She ran towards us as Josh sets out our lunch,

“Wow..” I said.

“Yeah mom went a bit overboard.” he said laughing awkwardly.

I looked at the cutted roasted breadfruit with barbecued leg quarter, drench in sauce and cooked corn on the side with potato salad.

I watch as Lily dig into her lunch I then laugh, “I think we can handle it.”

I smile then joined her afterwards.

...

“I won't stop telling you that your mom's a good cook.” I said taking the last bite out the potato salad. I found myself eating a lot today, maybe because I skip dinner and breakfast.

Josh and lily had already finish eating and was resting. We still had a bit of chicken and corn left.

“What? I help to you know. So where's my compliment?” Josh asked.

You're cooking is also great.” I said. Note the sarcasm.

“You don't believe me do you?” he said.

“Josh you're the reason why you guys moved out your old house.” I pointed put at him. “And I also got blame.” I murmured.

“Wha... That was last year. This year am a different person.” he said defensively.

I shake my head in disagreement.

“Come on Josh I want to go deep in the water.” Lily said cutting our conversation while she stood up. I guess that's what he had promises her.

“Alright.” Josh said standing up. He pulled off his shirt leaving on his swimming trucks. The girls that was passing by watched in envy, one of them trip and fall in the sand. I laugh. Not my fault she wasn't watching where she's going.

“You coming?” he asked.

“Nahh.. Am good.. Just gonna rest here a bit.” I said laying on my back.

“Okay.” Josh then run off with Lily.

As I stare at nothing a few minutes later I fall asleep.

...

I winkle my nose as I felt something clawing on it, but it didn't stop. My eyes shot open as I let out a small scream, thinking its a bug or something as I hurriedly try to get it off my face, but there was nothing.

I heard someone busting out laughing. I turn my head to the left to see Josh on the blanket rolling in laughter.

“Man I wish I had take a picture of your face.” he said in between laughter. I look at him.

He stop laughing then look at me wiping a tear from his eye, “That was payback.”

I roll my eyes then turn the other direction see Lily sleeping.

“Andria,” I turn to josh who had sat up and was smiling at me, “Let's go in the water.”

I look around to see their was hardly people in the water, “Hmm..” I said unsure.

“Come on.. No one ain't watching us.” he said reading my mind.

“O.o.okay.” I said hesitatingly. I then got up and took off the shirt and shorts revealing my bikini.

Josh had run ahead of me and into the water, I followed behind.

While running towards the water still feeling insecure on how I look in my bikini, I suddenly tripped over a rock sticking out of the sand.

“Ahh”! I shouted as I fell landing on my face.

Josh came running out of the water towards me asking worriedly, “Andria, are you ok?”

“Yea I’m fine”, I replied. “so much for dramatic entrance”, I added giggled turning on my back facing the sky.

Josh laughed leaning over me offering his hand to help me up. “You're always clumsy, huu”, Josh said. I smile and held on to his hand. Pulling me up, he then lost balance and fell on top of me.

As he slowly raises his body off of me on four limbs he stared at me straight in my eyes with a plain face expression. I was shocked, Feeling my whole body paralyzed. My head filled with random thoughts and puzzled emotion, but one question that played louder in my mind was, ‘Why isn’t he moving?’
Josh finally made a move. Raising his right hand he softly brushed the sand off my check.

“Looks who's the clumsy one now”, I said in attempt of breaking the awkward silence turning my head to the side towards our picnic spot.
Josh laughed finally looking away.

My heart suddenly paused for a while and all my surrounding sounded like white noise. My mixed emotion became one, and that was fear which was now devouring me.

“Um josh!” I shouted slowly dragging my words. He crawled off of me and sat upright in the sand. “What?” He asked looking at me. I sat up and started looking around.

“Where is lily “? I asked spinning my head towards Josh. He instantly sprang up on his feet running towards our picnic spot.

“She was taking a nap right here”, he told me. Worried written all over his face.

I jumped up running over to meet him dusting the sand off my body. I bend over to pick up lily’s slipper. My eyes wider than before.

“Welp, we’re dead now,” I said in fear of what might happened next......

Written by: Elisha and 234Frostbite
(Not edited)

Word count: 1837
Hope you enjoy😺
&
Comment any mistakes.

Kylie "Lily" Evan.

(We do not own the picture. Shout out to who does.)

...

234Frostbite: dun, Dun, DUN!!

Elisha: Sorry for not updating last week... *turns to 234Frostbite*   But, why end it so abruptly 😭

234Frostbite: Oh. It’s to keep the audience hooked.

Elisha: Huu?

234Frostbite: Yea, so they’ll have to wait for the next chapter to see what happened next.

Elisha: You think that will work?

234Frostbite: Maybe. Well it work for TV shows.. XD

Elisha: Lol. Well thank you everyone for reading and hope you enjoy it.

234Frostbite: And don’t forget to tune in next Friday for the chapter. bye 👋

*Dramatically Disappears*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 11.9K 58
You're 21 years old and you come home from work witnessing something not pretty. Your Boyfriend Josh with... ANOTHER WOMAN! You stamp into to the hou...
15.8K 445 17
Larissa is not your average sixteen year old. First off she lives in an orphanage, not knowing of any living relatives. But she has a secret, she hid...
6.4K 213 41
Completed! A man loses his daughter in a house fire. The father misses the daughter and wants her back, so he goes on the hunt for his new daughter. ...
2M 60K 33
Lana has been living in an orphanage for as long as she can remember. It's been a rough life for her. Especially with her fear of men. She didn't hav...