The day They came

By damani89

Dave Goswami a biologist at George Washington university goes on a shocking thrill when earth is attacked by... More

Chapter 1

25 1 2
By damani89

It's midnight the sounds of crickets filled the air along with the swooshes of passing by cars flowed through the open window like water flowing in a stream. Dave Goswami a biologist at george washington university was sitting in his home office he was onto something that could change the world literally. Dave called it project "re-growth" in theory he could take a tree and propagate then inject it with disaccharide shortening the growth time needed to become a fully grown tree. Dave was optimistic in his experiments but had an issue with his catalyst it wasn't quite perfected. Dave began to become frustrated so he backed off and went to grab a cup of water as he walked the floor boards under him creaked because of the old age of his home he lived by old stone house park where some of the oldest homes of the united states were located. when he reached the kitchen he grabbed himself a glass turned on the cold water then a brief radaling of the pipes vibrated some cabinets above the sink then the water shot out. Dave then proceeded to fill his cup and drink, then walked to his living room and watched his favorite tv show cnn. Dave watched in amusement because it was a special report on Donald trump. Dave whispered to himself the words "media junkie if it's not him it's the kardashians" he then let out a subtle chuckle as he got up and and turned off the tv as he pressed the power button something came more interesting than Donald Trump popped on tv he backed away and articulated the words "what they cut off self obsessed Trump?" he watched as a reporter came on an addressed the public that an incoming meteorite shower was inbound for earth and that more information will come in as the story develops. Dave thought nothing of it and resided to his bedroom to get some sleep. while Dave was asleep he woke up to a phone call from the smithsonian it was his good friend tyler o'connor he was frantic as he spoke to dave as if he were afraid for his life. dave uttered the words "woah woah slow down tyler what's wrong" in a sleepy in confused voice.
Tyler replied "It's... It's something you have to see to believe"
Dave turned to look at his clock it's 5:40am "can't it wait" dave pleaded
"No" shouted tyler. "look just get here" demanded tyler
dave sighed and proceeded to get ready to got to the smithsonian. He turned on the shower, he grabbed some clothes, and he turned on his favorite artist nat king cole. After he was finished with his shower and getting dressed he grabbed his keys and rushed out to his car. once he reached 17th street he noticed a fleet of police cars even though he was next to the white house there were more police than usual. when dave arrived he saw tyler pacing back and forth in an angry fashion then when tyler saw dave he was even more infuriated and dave the dave's facial expression went from what's wrong with him to oh god.
"where the hell were you dave it's a quarter past seven" shouted tyler with a
dave then replied "I was jus-" 
"never mind that take a look at these photographs" Tyler said cutting dave's response off
"yea these are those meteorites that are inbound for earth right" dave said
"right but you just have to see this for yourself come inside" Demanded tyler. Dave and tyler then proceeded to walk in the building and head to the observatory where tyler logs into his computer after the pc boots up tyler then proceed to show satellite feed of the meteors.
Dave looks at the video with _________ look on his face and says
" yea looks like the news footage"
"yea but wait for THERE"
"what I miss" dave exclaimed
"pay attention dave damn now i'm gonna rewind it back. Ok now watch closely"
tyler then proceeds to show dave that those meteorites stopped mid flight  and not with a gradual slow down but with a sudden halt.  The fear in dave's eyes started to show as they grew bigger and he start to blink less. dave walks off slowly with one hand on his hip and the other on his mouth. tyler still sitting at the computer turns and looks at dave and says
"well" in a low monotonous voice
dave then rushes back over to tyler and requested that they have to tell the president .
"no need nasa knew before we did in fact there moving the president as we speak" tyler replies
"that explains all those cops on 17th street"
"yea they're moving him to his secure location" tyler says with a worried look on his face.
dave notices the look on his face and tries to tell him to relax and go home to his wife and kids and not to worry. Dave then tells tyler he has to leave and heads back home to make a few calls to some friends at the white house. on his way dave sees the presidential motorcade leaving toward ronald reagan airport. once through the blockade of police cars dave made his way home. when dave pulled up in front of his home he rushed in and grabbed his home phone and proceeded to call his friend daniel who was the president's chief staff to see if he has any insight on the situation with "meteorites". daniel answered but before dave could say anything daniel says he will call him as soon as he gets on board air force one and hangs up swiftly. Dave lets out a long drawn out sigh and proceeds to his living room where he awaits Daniels call. 10 minutes later the phone rings dave hurries to answer the phone it's Daniel and wants to talk to him in person. the only problem is he's in Texas dave tells him that's not an issue due to the circumstances happening. Dave then contacts his travel advisor to get him a plane ticket to Houston. Dave then packs up and waits till monday morning to leave dc. on monday dave gears up and heads to the airport he knows it's gonna be a long 3 hour trip so he brung some research to pass the time. dave is on the plane and a 1 hour into his ride when the plane encounters some turbulence dave gets really nervous as the plane shakes then after 2 minutes of shaking dave is relieved and gets back to work. once they land dave calls daniel to notify him of his arrival it's about 7:10 am and dave is ready to hear what happening in space so daniel send a friend from nasa to pick dave up. once his driver arrives and helps dave put his bags in a police escort to speed up the long hours drive to the space base. once they arrive daniel is there waiting to brief him on the situation.
"good to see you Daniel"
"good to see you to Dave" replies daniel with a smile on his face
"now i know you want to know what's happening why i was so eager to bring you here. well as you know so far  there's something in space and those so called meteors aren't meteors but alien spaceship" says Daniel
Dave looks at Daniel with a blank expression and realize that they're not alone in the universe. daniel takes dave deep into the space center  and underground to their space monitoring center. when dave entered the room he noticed three huge screen displaying the ship in almost 720p dave looks at the ship and sees writing with some sort of symbols then alarms start to blare all around and one man starts to yell
"its moving it's moving"
"contact the president"
then an image of the back of the ship shows its engines firing up and the ship starts to crawl the pilots of the satellites try to move out of the way of the ship but the ship's speed was much greater than that of the human tech. The ship approaches the satellite and it collides with everyone starts to run around the room In mass chaos and the director of nasa Charles Bolden yells "Get orion up and running" Daniel then immediately dials the president's phone to inform him of the situation at hand and then hangs up and turns to Dave with a worried expression on his face and says "Come on" they then rush up the stairs to talk to Bolden. Daniel shouts "Bolden, how long til we can get a visual" Bolden in frustration sighs and says "I don't know 5 maybe 10 minutes depends on if the ship is still there" a man then rushes in and frantically says "sir the nsa says there satellites are being hacked" then in the situation room a man yells "were up and have a visual" Bolden then rushes to the balcony and says "Good now keep a good distant" as the observe the notice it has a satellite in its possession Dave then suggests "Could that be the nsa satellite that's being hacked" Bolden then uttered "oh god" then yelled "TELL THEM TO SHUT IT DOWN TELL THE NSA TO SHUT DOWN THEIR SATELLITES"

    Daniel then calls the president as fast as he could to inform him that the national security agency has been compromised and asked for his orders Daniel then turns and hands the Phone to Bolden then takes a deep breath and says "Yes Mr. President...huh...yea i heard you sir...ok when will they arrive" as soon as he asked three men in military uniforms with brief cases entered Bolden's office and said "We're gonna head the operation" Bolden then finished up his conversation with the president and briefed the men on the situation so far. Then suddenly all monitors flashed and a man yelled " we have activity" Dave daniel Bolden and the military personnel all rushed to the balcony a hatch on the ship opened up and something shot out immediately everyone took action calling homeland security contacting homeland security the coast guard the navy and other nations then suddenly they locate the object it was on a course for washington dc they immediately alert all authorities this isn't about security but safety. In a separate room a video call with world leaders is in progress they enter and ask for information Bolden informs them then Daniel suggests military action but Dave butts in and says "Try and make contact first maybe just maybe there friendly" everyone then asks "Who is he" Daniel then says "Uh... he is my assistant but that's not the matter at hand Mr president what is your orders" the president then looks down as if the weight of the world were on his shoulders then he looks up and says "ok lets make contact them mobilize a team to make contact where ever this thing stops but i also want the homeland security and the coast guard on standby and if anything happens we attack" the monitors then all turn off and everyone starts to scramble Daniel then turns to Dave and says "Dave please don't do that again people here don't know you're a citizen and that could get me fired" Dave nods his head and exclaims "yea... yea i'm sorry i just got into the moment and had to interject" Daniel then replied "well whisper it to me first and i'll say it" Dave then nods in acknowledgement and they walk to situation room and they see the satellite has been released and the ship hasn't had any recent activity Daniel then whispers to dave "stay here i'm going to the restroom" dave then replies "sure"  "Don't go anywhere" exclaims Daniel "Alright" says Dave. Daniel then rushes to the bathrooms and dave makes sure he gets there before he walks down the stairs and heads over to one of the desks and looks at the monitor and then outta nowhere someone yells "HEY! get away from there that's classified"  The sudden noise startles Dave and causes the hairs on his back to stand up he then slowly turns and it's Daniel playing a trick on Dave. Dave then sighed and said "man you dont kno-" alarms start going off and someone yells the secondary object has landed right in front of the white house lawn" The President immediately video calls with other agencies on the line and he instructs the coast guard to make contact after five minutes of waiting the coast guard convoy arrives and they get the a live feed of what is happening. Dave watches in shock as he sees the images of the alien ship and its matte black appearance with scratches on it from what could be its numerous space adventures it could have seen. A humvee with a quite large screen pulls up on the lawn and starts to show text the humvee was there for about 3 minutes flashing "hello why are you here... what do you want..." before something happened a large door on the ship had slowly started to open the sounds of wiring and and gears rattled the air then the door was open in the situation room everyone is fixed on the screen like a young kid watching its favorite tv show while the ground units all raised their weapons and had radioed for reinforcements on stand by. Then all of a sudden a loud thudding could be heard the team leader yells "no one shoot unless i say so" as the footsteps approach everyone is on edge then out comes a giant 20 foot tall  mechanical being. It pans and observes the area then it lets out a loud noise which causes the soldiers to grab their ears the noise was so loud it even cause the people in the situation room grab their ears. Soon after, the machine began to hiss and on its side arms extended "hold it! Hold it!" says the team leader then out of nowhere it turns and immediately starts firing at the troops each bullet that makes contact with there skin instantly melts flesh and burns clothes leaving nothing but bones with small pieces of flesh. "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" yells the team leader as he returns fire at the machine back in the situation room everyone is in shock some people are crying some are scrambling to call family and few still work to give information then the ship in space deploys more objects which causes all world leaders to mobilize their armies and the president orders a full scale evacuation of the washington dc area and full scale military action against the machine back at the ongoing battle the radio operator manages to call in reinforcements so far the current weapons the have do little to no damage then a second one appears from the ship and this spells trouble for the current troops as left and right skeletons start to pile up then an rpg is shot and hits the mechanical beast and causes it to explode but the second one starts to kick it into high gear and starts running around the now battlefield leaving skeletons and little hope in its wake. The few secret service in the white house witness the massacre going on outside and run out armed and start firing at the almost indestructible machine but this futile effort did nothing as all they did was die trying to save there country. Dave now paralyzed with fear thinks about his friends family and coworkers back in dc and hopes they can get out before the devastation spreads. Then outside a ship lands in the parking lot but it immediately deploys a death machine everything happened so quickly and without warning everyone panicked and tried to run. Some guards were bold and brash and ran toward the sounds of death only to be apart of it. Dave then gets up and starts to scan the room for Daniel he sees him making a plan with his escort and runs over to try and get away with him. "Ok so we have a secondary convoy in the back and thats are way out now let's go" says Daniel to Dave they then run to the rear and use the stairs when they reach the top the scene is sheer devastation glass, wires, and walls or pretty much everything that makes a building was everywhere along with bodies. In the background Dave hears faint gunshots followed by a deep thudding Dave knew the thuds were from the aliens weapons so he paused for a second and thought about joining the others in the fight but Daniel broke his concentration "Dave!!" whispered Daniel "move your ass" Dave then took a breath and kept on moving.

When they reached the the back of the building there were three black suv's Dave and Daniel got in the first one and the security detail filled the rest. They immediately started the vehicles and drove as quick as they could. as they reached the exit a car is thrown in the path of the vehicles causing the to have to drive on the sidewalk and grass they make it to the exit but the last vehicle gets hit and is lost. Daniel then calls the president and tells him nasa has been compromised and is returning to his location.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 3.4K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
18.8K 190 36
"Jeremy was once a successful man with a promising career, a lovely girlfriend, friends galore, and everything that he could ever desire in the world...
124K 3.5K 93
https://m.shubaow.net/175/175017_1/#all Lin An, an apocalyptic young man with supernatural powers, was reborn before returning to the apocalypse. He...
64.7K 1.1K 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...