Marigold (Assassination Class...

Por KaidaStormess

Complete! *First finished fanfic and it shows* Cover Credit to the awesome WendyMallari81 Meet Kei Marigold... Mais

Chapter 1: First Quarter
Chapter 2: Second Quarter
Chapter 3: Summer Vacation
Chapter 4: Third Quarter
Chapter 5: Fourth Quarter
Questions

Chapter Six: Graduation

765 27 10
Por KaidaStormess

It had started our like a normal day.

Then it happened.

We heard a loud noise in the shed and ran out to see it, Ms. Irina and Mr. Kurasuma hot on our heels to join us.

What we saw shook everything we thought we knew.

Kaede.

She.

She had tentacles.

And She was attacking Koro-sensei.

She was so different.

And scary.

She ran off.

And her name.

It was so different.

Akari Yukimura.

Our old teacher's little sister.

It was.

It was just.

So scary.

Kaede.

The girl who was a friend to all of us.

Who loved pudding and sweets.

She was a lie.

She was a fake.

Emiko and I couldn't tell.

When we all snapped out of it, we went back inside.

And watched some of her old acting to confirm.

"Excuse me, sir. Why did Kayano, well... why did she call you a murderer?"

That was the question that started this.

"Does it have to do with your past?" Yūma asked.

"Talk to us, Koro-sensei, please." Kimura asked. "What happened? We trust you. So just be honest with us."

"He's right. We deserve to know the truth. Please. It's unacceptable to stay quiet." Meg told him.

"You understand. Unless you tell us something, we're done here. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is." Yūma told him.

We looked at him, waiting for an answer.

It seemed like an eternity until Koro-sensei spoke.

"I don't blame you. Very well, then it's time my last came to light. I'll tell you on one condition: you hear my big secret as a class. Meaning of course that we must find Kayano." He told us.

It seemed to be perfect timing.

Kaede texted him when and where to meet her.

So we all arrived there.

"So you showed up?" She mocked. "Great! Let's end this!" She smiled.

"I gave you your name. Practically makes me your mother."

Okay.

That was bloody wierd.

"What's the old joke? I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it?"

Still wierd.

And totally killed the badass vibe.

At least in my opinion.

"Listen to me.its too dangerous for you to keeo using those tentacles. They have to be removed; your life is in jeopardy!" Koro-sensei warned her.

"What are you babbling about? They're in peak condition. Yoire not gonna break my composure with a bluff." She returned.

"Kayano. I though we were your friends. But this whole time you were acting? All the stuff we've done? What we've been through together?" Nagisa asked her.

"Its what I do. I'm an actor. I act. Watching Nagisa take that beating from Takaoka. It took everything I had not to step in. When I was kidnapped by thugs, kicked in the ribs by the Reaper, I was pissed enough to have killed them. But I maintained. Never once let the mask slip. Poor, pitiful Kayano. The frail little girl everybody loved."

"You did all this for your big sister?" Hinata asked.

"Koro-sensei murdered her. She never hurt anyone. All she wanted to do was teach. How she used to brag about all of you." She glared.

"Kayano, we... we know. We only had her a couple of weeks. It was March of last year. But that was long enough to see that she was a passionate teacher." Takebayashi told her.

"Could Koro-sensei murder someone?" Sugino asked. "I mean, like, actually in cold blood? I just don't see it. Nothing we know about him remotely jibes with that."

"Yeah, maybe your wrong." Hinano added. "Maybe you don't have the while story yet! Give him a chance."

"C'mon, Kaede you've been here for a year. You should know what kind is person he is by now. I get it. We have to deal with him eventually. But you can't think he murdered your sister. This shouldn't be about revenge." Karma summed it up.

"Feel like yoire overheating, but the nape of your neck is ice cold? It's a good indication your metabolism is shot. Which means those tentacles have just about taken the wheel. You fight in that condition, they'll sap you life force. Trust me. I have experience. Worst case scenario, you die." Itona tried to tell her.

Then her tentacles set themselves on fire.

"Shut up. I don't recall asking you for a prognosis. Every weapon comes at a price. But if it's the least but useable, you polish it. Guess who taught me that, Koro-sensei? If my body overheats, so much better! I'll use it to my advantage. Flaming tentacles can do a lot of damage!"

"No! I must insist-"

Koro-sensei was cut off by her setting the field on fire.

"See? I'm in the best shape of my life. Every cell in my body's on high alert. All your weaknesses are mine to exploit."

"Stop it, Kayano!" Nagisa yelled. This is insane! Even if you win, it's suicide! If I've learned anything in this class, it's that no target is worth sacrificing yourself for!" He tried to get to her, but Rio and I held him back.

I personally prefer a not burnt to death Nagisa.

"We, that's so sweet of you to be concerned. Still, though. If you think I care, your wrong. When my minds fixed on something, I just keep rolling!"

Then the actual fighting began.

Then Itona dropped the bomb on us.

If she didn't stop in the next few minutes.

She'd die.

No.

Please, no.

I don't need more people to die.

Koro-sensei gave us a plan.

Nagisa volunteered.

He went in.

And.

Kissed her?!?!?!?!

I joined Karma and Rio in taking photos.

Mwahaha.

"Will this do? Please say yes." Nagisa asked Koro-sensei.

"Well done, Nagisa! They'll come out with ease!"

And they did.

And that bastard, Shiro came around too.

"Pathetic little twit. Foe someone so willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of retribution. You'd think shed have managed something a little more on the nose than this. Quite the monster, aren't you? Haw many would be assassin's have you sent away empty handed in the past year? Well  there are still at least two you haven't deflected." The man said as he took off his mask.

"And I will be the last. Yes, the one from whom you stole everything. To whom, in the end, you'll give your life."

"So it's you." Koro-sensei muttered. "I thought I recognized that twisted genius. This, boys and girls, is Yanagisawa."

"Come, 2.0 March is upon us." Yanagisawa told the being next to him.

Kaede woke up after they left. "What happened?" She asked.

"Ah, Kayano. Thank goodness." Koro-sensei breathed a sigh of relief.

"Are you, uh, you okay?" Nagisa asked her.

"So you're back?" Hinata asked.

"At first I was driven by bloodlust. But, the more time I spent with Koro-sensei, the less and less it seemed to matter. I started to think, what's his story? What about him don't I know? Should I hold off killing him till I get the whole picture? But about that time, the tentacles took control."

I patted her comfortingly on the back.

She needed support.

"They refused to let me wait. I'm so stupid... assassinations been about self-discovery for you, while I've spent the past year secretly obsessed with revenge." She looked down.

"Kayano. It's because of you I quit feeling self conscious about my hair. The first time we met  you pretty much called it out and look at me now, right? And like you said, Koro-sensei's name... you're the one who gave it to him, remember? Maybe you were just playing a role. Okay, fine. Do want mean it wasn't a part of you or that our friendship was based on a lie." He smiled.

"We all wear masks from time to time. We're all different on the inside than on the out. It's still the real you. Here's the deal: Koro-sensei owes us and explanation as a class. None of us expects him to be a saint. We know he doesn't always do the right thing. But, as a class, let's hear his story." He suggested.

"Okay." Kaede said as she began to cry.

Emiko and I held her.

"And thanks. It's nice to finally be real." She thanked him.

"Don't worry, sir. What's done is done. As long as you tell us the truth, we'll accept it." Yūma told him.

I heard Koro-sensei give a quiet groan. "Thank you." He said tenderly. "Is hoped to never rwvksot this chapter of my life. And yet, I have little choice. Your trust is vital to me." He told us.

"I would never do anything to break it. Never jeopardize our bond. Last summer, on the island, Mr. Kurasuma said of Ms. Irina, if you you'll recall: There's a lot more to a good assassin than meets the eye. Those words are especially relevant here."

I didn't like the way this was going.

Or what little things were adding up in my mind.

"You see, children, this class represents my first go as a teacher. But, all things considered, I think it's fair to assert I've more than risen to the challenge. After all, I am a gifted improviser."

That line.

"No." I said, horrified as I connected the dots.

"Then, you mean?"

"Yes. Until two years ago, I was the assassin known as The Reaper."

I began to bawl.

No.

No!

NO!

PLEASE NO!

"And that's not all.whwther you kill me or not come March, I'm doomed. Either I go alone, or I take the Earth with me. Thays the only aspect of your future assassinating me can change."

Karma and Emiko held as I fell to the ground crying.

Damn it!

DAMN IT!

I listened to his story.

But.

I didn't want to.

This only.

It steeled my resolve.

I'll kill him.

"Shhhh. Clam down, Kei. Calm down." Karma whispered to me.

I started to calm down.

"Born in darkness, he grew to disdain the light. Weaned on soulcrushing poverty, a child of the slums. He knew only ugliness and degradation. Life taught him that he could only rely on three things: skill, money, and death."

I was hiccuping a little bit, but I was calming down.

Emiko and Karma comforted me while Hinata, Meg, and Rio joined in.

"Naturally, the assassin's path beckoned. Those stronfer than himself, he killed with knowledge. Those more knowing, he killed with strength. Those with both, he killed with surpassing charm. When the number of his victims reached a thousand, fittingly, rumor christened him The Reaper."

He told us everything.

Every last detail.

I.

I wanted to forgive him.

When I heard about his childhood.

His life.

But.

But this aching in my chest.

It still hurt.

He put me through years of trauma.

Years of abuse.

How was I supposed to forgive that?

How?

And maybe.

Maybe my grandmother would have warmed up to me.

Treated me like my little cousins at the time.

I took a deep breath and continued to listen.

Even if I didn't want to.

Then he told us about his capture.

And the experiments.

The pain he went through.

I shuddered at the thought.

The fact he had to go through all of that.

Could I really hate him?

Could I ignore what he's already attoned?

He helped me.

He helped Emiko.

He helped everyone here.

Did I really want to kill him put of hatred.

No.

No I didn't.

I wouldn't.

The Reaper and Koro-sensei are two different people.

At least in my mind.

And what that awful person treated my old teacher like.

Like grandfather treated me.

I still wanted to kill Koro-sensei.

Not from revenge.

But for protection.

"That's my story, boys and girls. The person who taught me how to be a teacher. Was none other than Aguri Yukimura. She taught me to truly look at people. To respect everyone as an equal, not define human beings by their weakness. She was wonderful. Through her, I found my purpose in life. I evaluated my experience, collected all the knowledge I could, and prepared to pick up where she left off."

Kaede began to cry.

"I vowed to use my abilities to the fullest. To pass the gift of personal growth on to you. The question was: How? How best to reach her cherished E Class? I racked my brain, day and night. And suddenly it came to me. An entirely new kind of learning environment. The Assassination Classroom."

We were all quiet as we thought over everything.

"I forgive you, Koro-sensei." I smiled. "And I'm sorry you had to go through all that."

"And I will kill you, but to protect those I care about." I whispered.

"That's all I can ask for, Marigold. Thank you." He gave a small bow.

That meant a lot.

But I was so tired.

So emotionally exhausted.

"I think I'm too tired to move." I joked.

"I got you." Karma said, picking me up.

We all went home after that.

It was now winter break.

I spent it mostly with Karma and his family while Emiko went to visit dad and her mother.

I wasn't invited, but only because dad didn't want to kiss off the wifey.

I had a nice time with the Akabanes.

And dad did send me something in the mail for Christmas.

It wasn't too bad.

I mostly used this time to get her my emotions and relax.

There was so much drama.

I'm glad I had Karma there with me.

His mom and I had a great time baking and cooking.

Personally, I wasn't that good of a cook.

At least, I wasn't food at Japanese cuisine.

So she really helped me out with that.

Karma and I had a lot of fun, as well.

We went ice skating, or rather, I fall while he skated.

Had a total snowball war.

Not just fight.

It was a war.

And I totally won!

The first time... but still!

The hot chocolate his mother made was amazing, too.

It reminded me of when I was little.

It was always so much fun to go to the park in the winter time and play with all the other kids. Even better when mom made hot chocolate for when we got home.

It warmed my soul.

And New Years?

Oh boy.

Karma decided to continue with the kids at midnight traction and laid one on me when I wasn't expecting it.

But it's okay.

It was funny when his dad did the same thing to his mom.

It was kinda cute.

When it wasn't me.

But unfortunately we did have to return to the real world.

And to school.

Damn.

"Okie dokie, class. Third term is upon us! I want everyone to play hard and kill hard!" Koro-sensei told us.

And then left when it was Ms. Irina's turn.

"An assassin can't afford to be reckless. We don't kill out of greed, we don't kill out of desperation. We don't let ourselves become animals." She told us.

"Our feelings are always the first target. Only when they're cold and buried done train our sights on the second. That's the cost of doing business, and it's high. Take my word for it. Whatever you kids decide, think it through first. Feelings are difficult to kill, but they're a lot harder to resurrect." She told us.

After class, Nagisa called us all together.

"There's something j wanted to talk to you about." He told us.

"We're listening." Sumire told him.

" I'm not even sure it's possible, but instead of killing Koro-sensei, I think we should try to save him."

😁 😕 😲

We were split.

Some of us wanted to kill him.

Some wanting to save him.

As for me?

I was on the side to kill him.

Emiko wanted to save him.

Then Nagisa and Karma fought.

The boys had to try and hold back Karma.

He was taking it too far.

So I pulled a Nagisa.

And got about 24 hits on our kiss.

He calmed down a little.

I hugged him. "Calm down, Karma. I'm on your side.

"A good old-fashioned schoolyard fight?" Koro-sensei asked. "Outstanding! However, you're the Assassination Classroom. This is how we settle our differences." He said, holding some Anti-sensei guns.

"Oh, these are just res and blue paintballs." Takebayashi said upon firther inspection.

"Red for those who feel I mist be liquidated. Blue for those who beg to differ. Befofe we begin, I want each if you to state his or her posotion clearly and choose a color. Then, after battling it out in the mountainside like civilized human beings, the winning team's opinion prevails." He told us.

"Absolutely no grudges allowed! Seem fair? For the record, whatever the outcome, I'll respect your decision, provided you defend it with everything you have. You are all a family. I can't abide for my students to be at odds with each other. If you truly care about me, promise what we've built here won't crumble into discord." He told us.

You can always count of Koro-sensei.

"Well guys?" Yūma asked.

We all nodded on agreement.

"Right. Let's do it. To kill or not to kill." He finished.

Our snipers chose to kill.

Kaede chose to save.

As did Okuda.

And Takabayashi.

While Okajima, Mimura, and Suguya chose to kill.

As did Justice.

But Kanzaki chose to save him.

Kirara chose to kill while Toka, Yūma, and Hiroto decided to save.

Itona chose to kill along with Hinata.

Karma was the leader for kill.

Nagisa was the leader for no kill.

It was down to me and Emiko.

"I'm sorry, Emiko, but I'm for killing him." I told her as I grabbed the red paint.

She gave me a sad smile. "It's alright. I still want to save him, however." She said, grabbing the blue.

I felt bad.

She was against her sister and her maybe boyfriend.

But she did have Kaede, so there's that.

"All right. Looks like everyone's picked a side." Yūma announced.

It began with our snipers taking a few out.

Kanzaki took out a few, but Karma took her put before she could get our flag.

I was on guard duty with Karma, helping with positioning.

There was no sign of Emiko.

More of both sides were dead.

"Kei, Emiko was spotted helping to kill Itona and Rinka. You take care of her and I'll get Nagisa." He told me.

I nodded and left.

Looks like she was waiting for me.

"I'm going to kill you, Kei." She told me.

I smiled. "Then come at me, Emiko."

We clashed.

My gymnastics gave me an edge, but Emiko was tiny and better at dodging.

And we knew how the other fought.

We knew all too well.

"I'm going to kill you and show everyone I can be serious too!" She yelled.

"I know you're serious, Em. I know your talented. But I won't lose." I told her, going back in with my knife.

She parried my attack and tackled me.

I tried escaping, but she was surprisingly strong.

We both had our knives.

And when given the chance...

We both got each other at the same time.

So we went to watch the show.

And oh boy was it a show.

A deadly, assassin versus assassin show.

Nagisa was truly terrifying in a way Karma couldn't be.

It's always the quiet ones, right?

But.

Karma gave up.

Right when he had him.

I smiled.

Nagisa deserved that win.

He won't on Karma's terms, and none of us could dispute it.

It was nice.

The Mr. Kurasuma addressed us.

"I'm sure you all have your own thoughts on the matter. I, for one, habe no objection to the course this class has chosen. That said, I can only allow you to try to save him on one condition. You have until the end of he month configure out a way. You might be taking a break from assassination. But many others involved aren't. Their efforts are in full swing. If it turns our is needs to be killed,  I believe you should be the ones who do it." He told us.

"Make me  promise. However January plays out, February onward, you'll focus on the original objective. Whether you save or kill, give it all you've got."

"Yes, sir!" We all said.

😁 😕 😲

We were listening to Takebayashi.

Mr. Kurasuma agreed.

Apparently there were research facilities all over the place.

Hehe.

Then Ritsu hacked the projects that were online.

Meaning all of them.

We decided which ones had the information we needed.

And it was in space!

But.

Koro-sensei wanted to talk to us.

"Okie dokie. Here's essentially what you're trying to do. You need to grab a quick peek of the research data in question before it reaches America from Outer Space." Koro-sensei summed up.

"Yeah, but as for the how...?" Yūma muttered.

"How indeed!" Koro-sensei said, showing us a booklet. "Lookie, lookie! Guess where this beautifully streamlined bucket if bolts is about to be sent?"

"Is that a manned rocket?" Itona asked.

"Precisely! A proofofconcept craft developed right here in Japan. Test dummies have been given the honor of taking the first trip. But what if they were replaced with actual people?" His grin went deeper.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I sweat dropped.

"That's it. Your teacher's officially gone off the deep end." Karma commented.

"Yes! Consider this the Assassination Classroom's outofseason research project!"

Good to know logic no longer applies here....

And so we started training.

I still found the whole thing stupid and dangerous, and began to study media coverage and how to speak in public with Mr. Kurasuma and Ms. Irina.

Someone needed to bail us out if we were caught.

We decided to send Karma and Nagisa while Emiko and I financed this lovely plan.

And so we infiltrated.

It was kinda scary.

And Ritsu was a star!

Still.

It worked.

Hopefully they wouldn't die.

I'd have to resurrect Karma and kill him myself.

At least Koro-sensei decided to go with them part of the way.

And I'm sure those astronauts had a funny reaction when they saw Karma and Nagisa.

Hehe.

We watched everything thanks to Ritsu.

It's hilarious that it worked.

And as well as it did.

"What in the name of God did you! I can't begin to conceive how much damage." Mr. Kurasuma demanded when the rocket landed.

"Uh, this won't reflect on you. I coerced the students into going. No one else knew of my plan. You two have plausible deniability, at any rate, we have a lovely bonus to show for it." Koro-sensei told him.

"Noonan pilots yield much better data than test dummies. This well push the space program forests by at least a decade! Oh, and did I mention Ritsu discovered a more efficient trajectory than previously known? I gore this to you in good faith. No hard feelings?" He begged.

Mr. Kurasuma growled. "You're unbelievable." He said, taking the information.

Then Okuda explained everything.

About how the likelihood was less than one percent.

😁 😕 😲

And then came February.

And Christmas?

What?

Why was Koro-sensei doing this?

And now New Years?

Did he feel that left out during December?

The costume changes was very disconcerting.

We were all walking home after a crazy day of class.

"So, Karma, what're your sights set on?" Nagisa asked.

"Hmm... I figure I'll just stay at Kunugigaoka." He told us.

I gave a sad smile.

I knew he wouldn't go to Ouran with me.

Gakushu was his rival.

He wouldn't pass that battle up.

"You're gonna subject yourself to the entrance exam all over again?" Sugino asked.

"Wow, seems kinda low profile." Kaede mentioned. "With your grades you could get into any school you want."

"Put yourself in the shoes of the kids on the Main Campus. The guy they thought was exiled is suddenly back, looking head and shoulders above 'em all. What could be sweeter than sailing by on an ocean of humiliated faces for three whole years, right?"

"Definatly sounds like you, Karma." I heard Emiko sweat drop.

"And besides, there are tons of decent schools out there if all you care about is your transcript. But do any of them boast an arch nemesis worthy of me? I'm inclined to say no. Have fun while you can. Broader ambitions can come later. What I want out of life right now is a good academic battle, or three." He finished.

"That's so you." Nagisa said.

"And? What's your high school choice, Nagisa?" Karma asked.

"Mhmm."

We all continued walking.

And split apart eventually.

And as the days came, we took entrance exams for the schools we wanted.

And Koro-sensei....

Well....

He was that guy.

You know, the one always way to supportive and enthusiastic that seems to be at every event?

Yeah.

We came to all of our exams to cheer us on.

"Go! Go! Kei!"

"Go, go! Kei!"

"Go, go, Kei! Woo! Yay!"

I was getting strange looks from all the very important people I wpuld be going to school with.

There we two among the crowd in particular that seemed even more curious of my teacher.

"Koro-sensei! The fuck?!" I yelled.

"I'm cheering you on, of course! You didn't suppose I'd let a prized student's big moment slip by unnoticed?" He told me.

"Oh dear! Look at the time!" One clone yelled.

"I've got to drop by Nagisa! And Kanzaki! And Chiba! And Hayami! And Hara!" The mob of clones ran off before flying away.

I smiled.

"Dork."

And I took my test.

Later I would find out that I placed first in every test.

My acceptance was not only assured, but wanted.

The next day I was in school was Valentine's Day.

I watched as Karma and Rio sniffed out a new victim.

Poor Kaede.

I was planning on giving my chocolates to Karma later.

He was having too much fun torturing Kaede.

I watched alongside those two as Kaede tried to give her chocolates.

"Oh no." I muttered as Nagisa pulled out his gun.

Then Kaede gave us a sad smile.

Emiko had skipped that day to spend it with Itona.

And I grabbed Karma after everything was said and done.

"Here. I made these myself." I handed him my chocolates.

"Thanks, Kei." He said before popping one in. "Huh, this is pretty good." He muttered.

"Thanks. Mom taught me how to make chocolate when I was younger, but I'm still a better baker." I shrugged.

"Really? Seems you've been holding out on me." He smirked.

I flicked his nose. "Down, boy. Happy Valentine's Day."

😁 😕 😲

Emiko was staying at Kunugigaoka with Itona and Karma.

She used to go to Ouran, so she told me quite a bit about it.

She was mostly staying because of the high school's computer engineering classes, but also because of Itona.

She was a dork, but she was still smart.

"Congratulations all around! Well done!  Those second blades twinkled!" Koro-sensei cheered.

"Averyone was accepted into a too tier school of their choice! You'll be entering into freshman year like the rock stars you are! Ah!"

"What a tremendous weight off my shoulders. We're about to begin our final round of career counciling sessions today, but there's something I'm rather keen on doing beforehand."

I didn't like how that was going.

"What might that be, you ask? How to mark such a joyous occasion?" He built up. "Editing. Of course." He said flatly.

"Say what?" We yelled.

"Oh, yes! We will be commemorating E Class... with a special yearbook!" He announced.

"Your putting together a yearbook just for us?" Nagisa asked.

"Yes!"

"Oh, thays right. We didn't have any pictures of you for the regular one. Mr. Kurasuma stood in as the E Class teacher." Hinano added.

"Not that we didn't appreciate that, but it does kinda suck you weren't in a single one." Another girl said.

"Um." Chiba began. "He manages to photobomb a fewunser the radar, actually."

"Makes it look like the school's haunted." Sugino added.

"Precisely! Why rely on those pictures for memories when we have these?  An entire years worth of candid moments! A treasure trove of student/teacher selfies, thirty thousand strong!"

Thirty thousand?

Damn.

"Now then, let us sort through and find the best ones together!"

It was kinda creepy.

But we did it anyway.

It mostly turned into destroying pictures we didn't like, though.

And then cosplay.

Hehe.

Then there was Mr. Kurasuma and Ms. Irina.

Hehe.

That was so cute.

And then we were stuffed into a huge bag.

Huh?

"Damn it, Koro-sensei!" I yelled.

"Language. Now, don't worry class. I know exactly what I'm doing."

Why is he trying to fix my language so late in the game?

It was horrifying.

Especially when we visited my hometown.

But.

It was nice.

Koro-sensei let me visit my mother.

And then we returned after a few more spots.

We all left that evening.

Emiko went to hang out with Itona while I went to have dinner with Karma and his family again.

And that's when it happened.

The shield went up.

And we all went to see it.

We were attacked.

Not by thugs.

Or assassins.

But by.

Reporters.

I glared at them as they surrounded us.

"Boys make a circular shield around the girls, backs facing outwards. Make no noise. Do not talk. Do not give any reactions." I ordered as those harpies swarmed us.

We listened as the media lied about the situation.

I was pissed.

"There they are! Are you the poor children the monster's been holding hostage?" A female reporter asked.

I stepped forward. "I'm sorry, but as we have not given express permission to be aired on television, I must ask you to leave us be. If you wish for an interview, please go through the proper channels with my lawyer, who will be acting as a representive for all of us." I said, face stoic and blank.

"And who are you? We simply want to tell the world your horrific story! You poor, pot children."

"No, I'm not poor. I am Kei Manami, Heir to Manami Corp. If you do not turn off those cameras and leave, I'll be forced to sue you. Leave." I glared.

They took a quick breath in at my name.

There were no conformed pictures of the new heir, so I was good bait.

"Can you give us a few words?"

"Can you tell us what is was like?"

"No. Leave now or be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." I hissed.

They took a step back as my bloodlust filled the air.

It bought enough time for Mr. Kurasuma to get us out of there.

"Mr. Kurasuma, What have they done to Koro-sensei?" Yūma asked.

"I'm afraid were out of time. The government had no choice but to initiate their end game strategy before it was too late." He told us.

I could believe my ears.

What he was saying.

What he was doing.

Didn't Mr. Kurasuma care about us?

Why was he attacking Nagisa?

This is all just so wrong!

We were horrified.

"Did you hear what he said?" Nagisa asked after Mr. Kurasuma left.

"What?" Tarasaka asked.

"About giving him a hard time? I have a feeling be didn't just choose those words at random."

"Okay, so?"

"Don't you get it? Think back to what he said earlier." Nagisa told us.

And then it clicked.

Hard times.

"Those words. I think saying: don't give me a hard time,  was his way of getting across that he believes in us. Mr. Kurasuma is counting on us to handle things.  I'm positive. So, let's put our heads together and devise a plan. We all know what the goal is here. We know exactly what were capable of. The question is: what would Koro-sensei want us to do?"

😁 😕 😲

And so we planned.

Itona and Karma stayed at my place at mine and Emiko's persuasion.

We were watched.

So we planned through Ritsu.

Yūma let Karma plan things out.

And on the night of March 12, we snuck our, unseen by our military watchers.

It was our mountain.

It was our kill.

The government wasn't going to steal that from us.

Our parkour training came in handy as we snuck out.

We moved out as a team.

And we would succeed as a team.

I was on torture with Karma, having been tasked with bringing my bag of evil.

We took out team after team, Ritsu helping to guide us.

We were trained by the beast known as Mr. Kurasuma.

We would win.

And we had two snipers.

The torture was for luring soldiers away from where we were.

Then we met the final boss of the military.

It took Nagisa and Karma just to knock him down.

And then Kaede and Tarasaka to finally knock him out.

We ran past the barrier.

And found Koro-sensei waiting for us.

"I though that sounded like you." He told us. "You've come so far. Look at you."

We ran to meet him.

We were so happy!

"The lasers almost charged up." Meg told him.

"So it would seem." Koro-sensei said. "I imagine they'll probably try firing the killing shot just shy of midnight. There's enough concentrated power in that baby to shut down my Absolute Defense Form."

This.

This was so sad.

I didn't want him to die like this.

I wanted to cry.

Why?

Why did so many people have to die?

Rio did bring something special.

"By the way, Nakamura. I couldn't help but notice how delicately you carried yourself during the last battle. And, uh, do I smell something sweet, by chance?" Koro-sensei asked.

"Your ears are as sharp as your nose." She said as she brought out a cake. "It's been exactly one year to the day since the moon blew up. And if I remember correctly, Ms. Yukimura designated today as your birthday. Yeah, it's no big deal, but, I mean, if you wanna shower me with praise for getting it up here intact, then I guess- hey!"

"Sorry." Koro-sensei apologized. "But this is my first taste of sweets in a week!"

"Don't you care get your drool on it! Ugh. So gross!" She chastised.

"How about we go ahead a sing?" I suggested.

Rio nodded. "Lets."

That rat bastard!

I hissed in anger.

Then.

Then the fake Reaper reappeared.

As.

As a scarier.

Koro-sensei.

We were going to die.

And we was so much faster.

I had my gun.

In my desk.

Unused.

And full of ammo.

I snuck off to get it.

I hid in the shadows.

And I returned.

I personally couldn't do much.

I'm not sure it would do anything.

But then Koro-sensei got better.

He evolved.

I'm kinda surprised he didn't use his liquid form.

But.

But that freak.

He.

He attacked us.

And Koro-sensei saved us.

Just as Mr. Kurasuma and Ms. Irina arrived.

"Guys. If we wait just outside the shield we won't be a liability." I told them.

"Ha. That's if you can even make it that far. I believe it's time, 2.0. Another, please." Shiro yelled.

But Koro-sensei took the hit again.

"Please, sir. You love flowers. Your amazing. Please don't do this." Emiko tries to tell the man turned monster.

"And another."

There was shot after shot.

There was no reaching out to this thing.

He was too far gone.

"Poor choice, boys and girls. Showing up here tonight only increased his chances of dying by our hands." He taunted us.

"Shut up, Yanagisawa. I think we've all heard just about enough put of you." Mr.Kurasuma pulled a gun on him.

But he moved as fast as Koro-sensei and knocked Mr. K to the ground.

"Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the show. I'm afraid at this juncture there's really nothing else you can do." He sneered.

"Do you understand now? They are your greatest weakness!" He yelled.

"That is preposterous!" Koro-sensei fired back, the biggest smile of ever seen on his face. "You're a fool if you think I'll believe it's that cut and dry! These children, they've risked life and limb to save me. What they've gone through just to be here tonight is extraordinary! Their determination, their unflappable spirit, students like these are the greatest gift a teacher could ask for!"

Koro-sensei.

Thank you.

"They are not a hindrance!"

"They are not a weakness!"

"They are my class!"

"And I am proud of each and every one of them! Call it what you will, but when the chips are down, I will give my life to protect them!"

I was crying.

"Yes, thays fine and good. So dutiful. And yet, I'm afraid, we have to deny you even that satisfaction. See, your strength will run out soon, at which point the children you're protecting... let's just say their for the won't be as bright as you'd hoped." He threatened.

I took a deep breath.

I was an assassin.

And so was Kaede it would seem.

We both shot at the monster.

"Make a run for it, sir! Find a place to hide. You need to recover." She told him.

She was to take them head on while I went around the back.

"Kayano, what're you doing?" He asked.

I shot at the monsters back and managed a tentacle before I high tailed it outta there.

"No, children! Stop this at once!" He yelled.

"It was all my fault. I brought us down. Because of me, everyone had to face the truth. We'd been like a family and I ruined it. So please, just let me do this." She said.

I took another shot, but only got a tip before moving to another position.

I wasn't as fast as the monster, but I was outside the barrier.

He couldn't get me.

I wasn't the best sniper, but I was a good shot.

This thing didn't have Koro-sensei's hearing.

And Emiko had modified my gun to be must quieter.

"As your student, I owe you one."

"You can't put this on yourself, Kayano! Sooner or later we all would've had to face reality! Your actions simply made us take stock and regroup!" He said before being swatted away.

I took another shot.

Damn, only another tip.

"What do you say, 2.0?"

Then the thing.

Attacked Kaede.

I began a barrage of shots from my posotion to keep it distracted as Kaede went in.

But.

But.

She was still pierced through her abdomen.

No!

I continued to shoot, my eyes blurry through the tears as she fell to the ground.

It was silent.

Until the man, no.

Until the real monster laughed.  "Unbelieveable! What're the odds of having both sisters die right in front of me? Tragic end must run in the family, eh? Can you imagine if I'd kept her around as a backup wife? Too bad for me.it looks like I have a thing for women destined to be impaled."

I took my next shot at him.

And got his hand.

Just as Koro-sensei became to most enraged I'd ever seen.

I was now out of ammo.

So I snuck around the back to join my class.

"They hell did you think you were doing?" Karma demanded, quietly.

I hugged him.

"I was outside the barrier. I wasn't expecting Kaede to do what she did and go out on the open. When I saw that she did, I tried to back her up." I whispered as I watched Koro-sensei.

The power was too intense.

Nagisa picked up Kaede as we tried to get out of there.

We'd just gotten to the E Class building when it happened.

Koro-sensei won.

But we weren't happy.

Kaede.

She was still...

"Koro-sensei, Kayano's..." Nagisa said.

Many of us began to cry.

"Not so fast. One moment, please. Sorry, I'd rather her cells not come in contact with the soil." Koro-sensei said when Chiba suggest we lay her down.

Wait.

"Bit, sir." Nagisa began.

"Children, I've made mistakes more than I care to count. What's done is done. The past can never be regained or revised. If, however, we attend carefully, it can teach us how to move forward." He said as he did, well, I'm not sure what he did to her.

"Your looking at Kayano's blood and somatic cells. I gathered as much as I could bwfore she fell to the ground and stored them in a sterile membrane if compressed air for safe keeping."

Damn.

Color me impressed.

He did that in a fight?

"I set a few tentacles aside for protecting you. Of the rest, I used some for fighting and some for this." He said as he picked up Kaede.

"Okie dokie, then. Rims to strong these cells together one by one. Faster and more accurately. You see, class, I've been improving my skills foe some months now. If what happened to Aguri repeated itself, I was adamant about being prepared."

Learning from the past.

Smart.

"Now, somw cells couldn't be recovered, so I'll leave strategic gaps.thise I'll fill in with tiny bits of mucus. In a few days, What cells there are will have regenerated in sufficient quantities to replace them." He continued.

"I'm a little low on blood. Type AB donors, if you please."

Itona, Karma, Emiko, and myself stepped up.

He connected a tentacle to pur arms and began to draw blood.

"Nakamura! The birthday cake! Collect it and stuff it in my mouth immediately!" He ordered.

"Do what?" She asked. "You realize it's been one with the dirt doe the past half hour, right?" She asked.

"That doesn't matter. I have to replenish my energy!" He explained.

My eyes lit up.

I reached into a pocket with my other arm and tossed her two chocolate bars to add.

"In a moment her heart will start beating and she'll come back to life. According to my handy dandy What to Do for a Gun Shot Student manual, from here on out it should be smooth sailing."

Who makes a manual?

Whatever.

No judgement.

"I didn't mention this earlier foe fear of sounding ghoulish, but if ever your bodies were torn to shreds, I was ready and able to put them back in order piece by piece."

I sweat dropped.

"The ultimate Student/Teacher relationship, really." He said before started Kaede's heart with a zap. "Because it requires, above all else, that I properly acknowledged you."

Then Kaede woke up.

And Koro-sensei fixed her hair, too.

But.

There was the issue with her shirt.

Okajima had his own red river coming from his nose.

I pulled my jacket off and had her change into it while the other girls stood over to keep the boys from watching.

I was so glad.

But my happiness didn't last long.

Koro-sensei fell to the ground, too exhausted to even sit up any more.

"I am exhausted." He groaned.

"Come now. What kind of assassin let's a target longer indefinitely on the brink?" He asked.

We froze.

"Don't yoh understand? At this point, we're just running out the clock. I'm sorry, children. All good things must come to an end. That's life. That's the nature of the classroom."

It was 11:31.

"Guys." Yūma addressed us. "We have to make a decision one way or the another. We could stay our if it, leave Koro-sensei's fate up to them." He began.

"Lets take a vote. Who here doesn't want to kill him?"

We all raised our hands.

"All right, thank you. Hands down. Who wants to kill him?"

I hiccupped.

We all, one by one raised our hands.

I held Karma's other hand with my own.

Even he was struggling not to cry.

We all moved to pin Koro-sensei down.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

"You can't move if we're pinning you down." Rio whispered. "That right, sir?" She asked.

"Precisely, Nakamura my dear. Though I can't help but feel you're being a tad lax on that grip." Koro-sensei told us.

We all pushed down more.

"You're heart, it's, it's under your the, you said?" Meg asked. "Which one of us... is gonna...?"

That was the question.

No one wanted to.

But someone had to.

"Guys, please. Let me. I'll do it." Nagisa volunteered.

No one complained.

Kaede held Koro-sensei's head.

Nagisa was on his chest, clutching a knife.

And we all were holding down tentacles.

"Sir." Nagisa said.

"It's all right.you can actually stab through the tie. There's been a hole in it since the day it was given to me." Koro-sensei said as Nagisa went to lift his tie. "I decided to leave it like that, for, sentimental reasons."

We all looked down, knowing the story.

"Ah, before you proceed, let me say farewell to my fellow educators. Ms. Irina, are you sure you don't join in? I'd hate for you to miss out on the bounty." Koro-sensei said.

"No, thank you. I'd really rather not." She said.

I gave her a small smile.

She'd changed so much since we all first met her.

"Mr. Kurasuma. I thank you. You've had a hand in molding these children into what they've become. If you please, continue to guide them on their way after I'm gone." Koro-sensei asked.

"Of course. You've given me no end of trouble over the past year. But, even so, it's been a year I'll never forget. Rest in peace, Koro-sensei." He said.

I smiled softly to myself.

That was the first time Mr. Kurasuma ever said the name we'd given our teacher.

"Quite." Koro-sensei answered.

"Okie dokie, class, it's about that time. There's so much more I could say, but alas, I'll be lucky to squeeze in what I can. In lieu of cheerful goodbyes, if you'll end up with me. I'd like to call roll one final time." He asked.

"When you here your name called, please say: here. Look me squarely in the eye and answer in a loud voice. Once we've gone through everyone, you may commence with the assassination." He said calmly.

Only to change the mood in the next second. "Wait! Please tell me that you're present and  accounted for! I don't want the last thing j so to be marking in of you absent!"

"Get on with it!" We yelled.

Our teacher is a goof.

I paused.

Was a goof.

"Very well then. Karma Akabane."

"Here."

"Kei Marigold."

"Here."

"Yūma Isogai."

"Here."

"Taiga Okajima."

"Here."

"Hinata Okano."

She only cried.

"Manami Okuda."

"Yes, sir! Here!"

"Meg Kataoka."

"Here."

"Kaede Kayano."

"Here."

"Yukiko Kanzaki."

"Here."

"Justice Kimura."

"Here!"

"Hinano Kurahashi."

"Here!" She cried.

"Nagisa Shiota."

"Here." He whispered.

"Sosuke Sugaya."

"Here."

"Emiko Manami."

"I'm here." She bawled.

"Tomohito Sugino."

"Here."

"Kotaro Takebayashi."

"Here."

"Ryunosuke Chiba."

"Ryoma Terasaka."

"Yo."

"Rio Nakamura."

"You know it."

"Kirara Hazama."

"Here, sir."

"Rinka Hayami."

"Here."

"Sumire Hara."

"Here."

"Yuzuki Fuwa."

"Here!"

"Hiroto Maehara."

"Mn."

"Koki Mimura."

"Here."

"Takuya Muramatsu."

"Yeah."

"Toka Yada."

She was crying. "Here." She barely managed to say.

"Taisei Yoshida."

"Here!"

"Autonomous Intelligent Fixed Artillery, Ritsu."

"Here."

"Itona Horibe."

"Here."

"All things considered, I'd say it's been an exceptionally fun year. I say this with all sincerity. It's a privilege to be assassinated by you."

"As a fellow spirit, from one traveler to another, give a yell for all life... and strike!"

We watched on.

As Nagisa readied the knife.

As he struggled.

And as Koro-sensei helped him.

"Don't kill me with anguish in your heart, Nagisa. Nice, deep breath. Give us a smile."

Nagisa cried a bit, but smiled.

"Goodbye... Koro-sensei."

"Goodbye... Nagisa."

The knife came down.

And pierced his heart.

As he began to disappear, we all began to cry.

There were no dry eyes.

Karma and I held each other as tears and sorrow consumed us all.

We killed out teacher.

Our target.

Our beloved Koro-sensei.

Even Ritsu was crying with us.

It was.

So awful.

We went inside the building.

And th others found the surprise Koro-sensei left for us.

And we slept there.

When morning came, our tears had left us.

"The target is liquidated. The planet is safe. Your hard work over the past year has paid off. I imagine you'll find a few things difficult to swallow. Being under constant surveillance, for example, or the fact that you've all been slapped with a gag order.  Naturally, I'll do whatever I can to lessen the burden. My apologies in advance." Mr. Kurasuma bowed.

"It's alright, Mr. Kurasuma. We'll be fine." Hiroto told him. "No worries. Whatever settles this, we're on board. We can handle it."

"Seriously, we don't wanna complicate things for you." Hinata added.

"That being said, though, we do have one tiny request. Kunugigaoka's graduation ceremony is this afternoon, sir. I think we've earned the right to be a part of it. Let us walk across the stage in honor of Koro-sensei's memory." Meg told him.

"Sure." He smiled. "Yes, of course. I'll handle things and make the necessary arrangements." He told us.

"E Class, rise!" Yūma yelled.

We bowed.

"Mr. Kurasuma. Professor Bitch. For everything you've taught us, we are eternally grateful." Yūma said.

"We are eternally grateful." We repeated.

😁 😕 😲

The ceremony was over now.

And we were being swarmed by those pests.

Reporters.

The damn things.

I was about to throw down when Gakusho jumped in. "Hmpf."

"Coverage? You people are messing with our moment in the sun!" Fish lips said.

"Remember, we know what you look like, scum." Glasses creeper added.

While the student council dude buses taped us.

"With graduation comes a clean slate. But abandoning former classmates in their time of need would be disgraceful." Gakushu told us.

"I may be ruthless, but as your future leader, I'm not Bout to court shame or abandon my cousins." He added.

"Aww, Gakushu, you're so adorable!" Emiko giggled.

I smirked. "Well, you're defiantly my favorite cousin."

"Akabane. Seems like you and Emiko are the only ones coming back." Gakushu said.

Does he not even register Itona?

"Fair warning, when all this is over, I'll put you on the rack if I have to. This Koro-sensei seems fascinating. You're going to give me all the gory details." He told him.

"I mean I could, but thickskulled as you are, you might struggle to understand." Karma said as he got on the bus.

I smiled at them and waved.

That was our graduation.

We were off to do so many things.

I leaned on Karma as we rode on the bus away from there.

This was a good year.

😁 😕 😲

Soooo....

This is the end on Kei's Junior High career, but she still has high school to go through.

I'm guessing most of you can tell where I'm sending her.

But that will be the second book called:

Manami

Wherein she will come to accept her responsibilities as the Manami Corp. heir.

Thank you for reading!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.9K 60 16
This is based after the first Transformers movie and in between the second one Please note that some of the characters are from other movies and show...
117K 3.1K 16
Ceil and Alois aren't the only ones with a demon as their butler. What happens when a young sociopath girl is the Queens Cobra. Also know as the witc...
36.9K 2K 13
A story in which Jeon Jungkook grew up in a household without love and support. Learnt to hide under a mask all his life with many insecurities, he n...