The Retired Queenpin

By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)

6K 241 16
By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah shot her gold and sliver plated, jewel encrusted desert eagle 5 times back to back, each bullet hitting the bullseye. Damien watched with a stoic expression but in reality he was somewhat aroused. His employees were watching her as well, they wanted to know if the rumors were true, if she was really as good a shot as everyone claimed she was in the stories they told about her. Upon realizing that every story they had ever heard was more than likely true based on the fact that she really was a perfect shot, their fear of her returned. Nobody wanted to be on her bad side, not even Damien.

She reloaded the gun and shot a few more rounds.

"Alright. Everyone get back to work. Aaliyah, nay I speak with you in my office?" Damien spoke.

They scattered and went about their business while Damien and Aaliyah walked back to his office.

"You know I'm starting to believe that my employees are more afraid of you than they are of me." Damien chuckled as he walked over towards his desk.

"They should be." She smirked.

"You think so?" He turned to her and backed her into the wall.

"I know so."

Damien's eyes darkened and his hands landed firmly on her waist.  "I think you know that I'm a lot more dangerous than I like to let on."

"Maybe, Maybe not." She pushed his chest and he loosened his grip on her waist and backed away. He would have her in due time. She was loosening up around him. She was a lot more light hearted, she laughed and smiled more, and she didn't threaten him as much, which was good in his eyes because two months ago she would glare at him 24/7.

"Are you ready for tonight?"

"I am. I'm excited." She smiled flopping down on the couch across from his desk.

"I bet so. You haven't shot anyone in a couple years." Damien stated sitting down behind his desk.

"You make it sound like I enjoy killing people..."

"You do, do you not?"

"I enjoy killing people who deserve to die for the sins they've committed. People who have raped, beaten, robbed, and killed for their own good."

"Do you have a plan?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about me. I know what I'm doing."

"It's hard not to, knowing about your condition and all." He grimaced. Damien didn't like to talk about Aaliyah's heart problems but he had no choice because most of the time she acted like she didn't have them which was dangerous.

"Damien, I'm fine, perfectly fine." She smiled as she stood and walked over to his chair. She stood behind him, reached down, and began to massage his shoulders. "You worry too much, Arden."

"I don't think I worry enough. I know you cry your self to sleep most nights, micio."

Her hands dropped from his shoulders and her face hardened. "I don't know what you're talking about." She turned to walk away but Damien spun around in his chair and grabbed her waist pulling her into his lap.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. I know you loved him and I know you're still trying to get over it. But I care for you and I'm always here for you. And if you were mine, I'd never hurt you nor let you go."

"You would never be able to love me, Damien." She sighed standing up from her seated position in his lap.

"And why not?"

"Because I'm damaged. I don't even love myself so how can you love me?" She walked off.

Damien sighed. He was really trying to get her to open up. He care for her more than he had ever cared for any woman. She was more comfortable around him though, the twins loved him, and he loved them.

He just wished she would let him in.

--------------------------

"Where the hell do you think you're going, Arden?" she bit out.

"With you." he replied with a duh tone.

"The fuck you are! I can handle myself, i know what i'm doing."

"And? I'm still your boss and if I want to go then I will." he shrugged.

"I thought you were going to be here to watch the twins."

"My father and Katherine are downstairs with their children."

Aaliyah sighed as she finished putting her hair in a high ponytail. 'What assassin needs a baby sitter?' she thought.

She was dressed in a gray pantsuit, she had on a white button up that was tucked into her gray pants with a vest over top. She wore a black pair of Jimmy Choo heels and a gold apple watch on her wrist. Her desert eagle was in a holster on her hip along with a few other weapons just in case.

She looked more like a federal agent than an assassin but Damien couldn't complain because she looked so sexy.

She grabbed her gray peacoat out of the closet and slid it on. She used the coat to cover up the weapons she had on her waist. She didn't want her kids seeing such things. She would never willingly let her kids know about what she did. She wanted them to grow up with their innocence and not to become desensitised to violence.

"You're following me. Lets go."

"Awwh man! I thought I was going to get to ride in the Vette!" he whined

"Oh shut up." she rolled her eyes as they walked down the stairs and into the living room where everyone was.

Aaliyah greeted Charles, Katherine, Celine, and Gio with hugs. She gave them a run down on the twins and the rules.

"Alright, I think that's about all you need to know about my little Con-Babies. Isabella and Kitai come to mommy."

They walked over to her and she crouched down so that she was eye to eye with them.

"Mommy and Mr.A are going out. We have some business to attend to. Be good for Charles and Katherine. Play nice with the other children, understood? if you're good then we will go get some ice cream tomorrow." The twins nodded and hugged their mom. She hugged them back and kissed their foreheads. One thing everybody could say is that Aaliyah was an amazing mother, she was sweet and nurturing just like a mother should be.

When she let them go they ran over to Damien hugging his legs. Damien picked them up, one toddler in each arm.

"Be good, okay?"

They nodded and he kissed their cheeks and they kissed his back. He placed them back down. Then he and aaliyah proceeded out the door.

When Aaliyah got to the destination, Damien pulled up behind her. Aaliyah grabbed the gold plated beretta out of the glove compartment. When she got out of the vehicle she place the gun on the other side of her holster. Damien walked up to her and she almost growled at him. She hated the fact that he decided to tag along. She knew he didn't tag along to make sure she did the job right but he came with because he was worried about her and her health.

"Ready?" he asked.

"I'm always ready." She rolled her eyes and turned walking away from him.

"Keep rolling those eyes! They'll get stuck!"

"Shut the Fuck Up!" She began climbing the fire escape all the way up to the very top. Then she kicked the window, busting the glass with her shoe. She stepped through the hole and walked through the tiny empty apartment. Nobody was was there and she knew no one would be because no one had occupied the apartment in a few years. It would probably be weeks before anyone even realized the window was busted.

Damien followed her at a distance. Aaliyah pulled some leather gloves out of her coat pocket and slid them onto her dainty hands. She grabbed the door handle twisting it and swinging the door open. She walked out of the apartment into the hallway. She made her way to the back of the hall and took the stairs to the roof of the building. She wasn't sure if Damien was still following or not and she didn't care. She couldn't worry about him right now, she was on a mission.

When she reached the top of the building she pushed the door open, stepping onto the roof of the building. She walked over to the right side of the building, finding the third window to the left on the next building over. She watched and she waited.

After about an hour, Damien grew impatient.

"Are you sure he'll be here?'

"Be quiet, Arden."

"I'm just saying. We've been here for an hour and we haven't seen any type of movement. Are you sure you got the information correct?"

Aaliyah didn't respond because the light came on in the apartment.

'Right on time.' She thought.

Aaliyah pulled the desert eagle from her holster and the silencer. She screwed the silencer onto the barrel of the gun and aimed it. The man stepped into view, his head in almost perfect shot range, just like she knew it would be.

'Move one more inch to the right.'

And he did. She turned off the safety and cocked it. Then she pulled the trigger. The bullet went straight through the glass and into the side of the man's head. He dropped like a fly.

Aaliyah put the safety back on and screwed the silence off, placing them back into her holster.

"Lets go." She said as she made her way back off the roof. Damien was impressed. He regretted questioning her.

She was serious when it came to her job and Damien liked that. It showed the she was Donna material.

Damien followed her back down. When they made it back to their parked cars, Damien grabbed her arm gently to stop her from leaving immediately.

"Food?" he asked

"Sure. I have kind of worked up an appetite."

They made their way to this tiny diner outside of New York City called Nana's Cozy. Aaliyah took the holster off of her waist before getting out of the car. She didn't want to catch anyone's attention or cause any suspicion.

Damien and Aaliyah walked into the establishment and the hostess greeted them with a huge smile.

"HI! Table for two?" She asked.

"Yes. Thank you." Damien responded.

"This way." She waved her arm over as she grabbed two menus and led them back into the diner.

"Perky little thing isn't she?" Aaliyah commented.

"She is. But perky is good for business."

"True. I'm surprised though."

"Why?"

"I mean I usually get looks of jealousy when I walk into a diner with a good looking man. Also some people aren't used to seeing a Caucasian man dine with an African American woman. If you know what I mean. "

"Well that might have been how it was back in the south but this is the north. There's a lot of interracial dating that goes on around here."

"Plus it's not like this is a date right?" she asked with a raised brow.

"E la prima data di molti." (It's the first date of many.) Damien smirked.

Aaliyah didn't get to hear Damien speak in his native tongue often, but it definitely made her temperature elevate when he did. If you know what i'm saying.

"What did you say?"

"I said it's whatever you want it to be." he lied

Aaliyah rolled her eyes at him. She knew he was lying. No she didn't know italian but she knew that wasn't what he said.

The hostess seated them and gave them their menus.

"Your waitress will be with you in a few."

"Thank you." Damien and Aaliyah said simultaneously.

"She is just too perky."

"You should try being perky sometimes."

"I'll pass." she said dryly as she flipped through the menu.

"Of course you would."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Aaliyah's head jerked back and her lip curled as she sat the menu down and looked at damien for an explanation.

"You're always serious and uptight. You don't allow yourself to be happy. Now I don't know if being a drug lord did that to you or if being an assassin did that to you or if Niko did that to you but you need to loosen up. Have fun, chill, relax, be happy."

"I am not uptight!" she exclaimed.

"Prove it. Do something spontaneous, right now."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. But since you aren't uptight, it shouldn't take you long to figure it out. Right?"

Aaliyah's nostrils flared. Sometimes she wanted to strangle him to death and sometimes she wanted to jump his bones.

Then it clicked. Aaliyah knew what she was going to do.

She stood and slipped into damiens side of the booth. He turned and looked at her with a raised brow, asking her to explain. Then she grabbed his face between her hands and kissed him.

It took him a minute to respond because he was so stunned but once he got over the initial shock, he began to kiss her back.

She tried to pull away but he slipped his hand around her waist pulling her closer to him.

Then he pulled away from her abruptly.

"Let's go."

"But where are we going?"

"My penthouse."

She stood and he stood walking behind her. He decided that they would leave her car at the diner and take his. He sped down the highway to his penthouse in the city. When they got there he parked the car rather sloppily and rushed out to help Aaliyah out. She didn't know why they were here, they hadn't even eaten yet. Little did she know Damien wasn't interested in eating food at all. He was interested in eating her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331 19 15
She only trusted 5 people in her life She feel in love with one She blames herself for the death of one She is willing to do anything to protect one ...
7.8K 179 42
When a guy is forced into finding the next heir to his mafia by his dad, he impregnates a random girl he met at a club The girl looses everyone when...
2.7K 158 23
When Aaliyah a hit woman working for an organized crime family in Boston, whose life is completely turned around when she meets a young girl whose pa...