A Rose's Wolfe (RWBY Ruby X...

By Jay_Wolfe

young (y/n) doesn't really enjoy his current life. Nothing wrong with it, just boring as hell. His daily life... More

Prologue
Prologue 2
Acces granted
Making friends
Time to sleep
Prepare for lift-off
Initiation complete
Part of the team ... somewhat
Sparring matches
Jaune's struggle
A changed man
Trouble in the team
OC and you
Protect what you love
Food fight of the century
A meeting with James
Looking for answers
Mistakes were made
Christmas 1
Christmas 2
You're a Beach~
Sand help~
Rage and Remembrance
Not so Death Battle
Training [gone wrong?]
A new path & a strange headache
A much needed talk

Birthday special.

1.3K 14 17
By Jay_Wolfe

Just to make thing clear. This character has been created on the same day of my actual birthday, so of course I gave it my own. As for the special it's rather long and has nothing to do with the main plot. Also, Happy New Year

==============================================================

~+~Three days later~+~

{(y/n) POV}

I woke up with a pounding headache and no memory of the night before. I remember being stuck here at Beacon and drinking the Glühwein. Welp, that explains a lot... I look towards my side and notice that Ruby isn't there anymore. Must've left early, I guess? I try sitting up, but then the headache intensifies. I groan and bring my hand up to my face and at least try and sooth the pain in my head. I then notice something strange. Instead of my hair, I find a birthday head placed on my head. I try to remove it, but the damn thing won't even budge. I reach for my scroll and try to see the time, but my sight was still a little fuzzy. It says that it's still morning... But three days later?!?! I sigh and walk towards the bathroom to grab a glass of water with a pill Guy always gives me. It's supposed to stop a hangover, or lessen it majorly. Every bit of pain I can get less, I'll gladly drink some medicine for. It took some time but eventually the pain lessened until it was gone.

{Guy's POV}

I was sat in a nearby park together with Ruby and Yang. They were sat beside me and look at the scroll I was holding. It was a black screen with coding in white to contrast it. I was just about to finish it when the girls asked some more questions.

Ruby: So, this will help with the drone?

Guy: It better! I've been preparing some pranks his birthday for over a year. He never really noticed any of it because I did most in the JNPR dorm. It'll be perfect! But Ruby, you sure you're okay with this?

Ruby: I guess. I mean, I have no trouble with someone else kissing him, so this should be fine right? Right?!

Yang: Ruby, calm down! It's only a kiss. Besides, we need to keep him busy to set up the whole party for tonight. You okay if I help with keeping him busy, Guy?

Guy: I guess? I mean, at least it's with my best friend and not something behind my back, right?*smiles*

Yang: How strong was that knockout powder you poured into his drink, by the way? He almost looked dead last few days...

Guy: Don't worry, he's fine! *finishes code* And bam! We have live footage.

They looked at his scroll to see (y/n), drinking a glass of bubbly water. He then started undressing himself and I quickly clicked away the footage. When I look over I see Ruby blushing madly and Yang with a happy grin.

Ruby: So, what's the drone for, anyway?

Guy: We need a constant watch on him so we can divert his attention away from the party. Which is why I'll be taking all the girls and put you all on duty for his diversion. *taps scroll* I sent all of our friends the live feed so you can follow him.

Yang: Wait, what's so special about the birthday had that you had Ruby glue on his head?

Guy: It has a certain message on it. One that I'm sure will give him a birthday he'll never forget. *smirk* If you ladies let me, I'll be of. I'm going out to prepare the hall for his party. Later!

Yang: See ya, handsome!

Ruby: Bye Guy!

The girls quickly grabbed both their scrolls and started a group chat with all the girls they would get involved. Lucky for them, everyone was online so they could explain the plan fairly easy. The people involved were: all of team RWBY, Pyrrha, Velvet and Coco.

Yang: Listen up, everyone! It's (y/n)'s birthday and we have a plan.

Weiss: But?
Ruby: But we need some help. Has everyone received the message from Guy with the live feed?

Everyone: Yes.

Yang: Good!

Ruby: Guy and the guys are preparing his party in the main hall, but he said that he needs till tonight to be sure it's finished. So, he gave us the job to keep (y/n) occupied for most of the day. You know, do some fun stuff with him.

Blake: But why would all of us need to help?

Coco: Yeah, I mean, he IS your boyfriend, right Ruby?

Ruby: Well yeah, he is. But we almost never go out, cause I don't like crowded places...If I were to take him out now, he'd get suspicious.

Yang: Besides, he's been out for over two days, so he doesn't know that everyone else had returned already.

Ruby: Oh! And Guy said something about that he prepared something with his birthday hat. So, will you guys help us?

Everyone but Weiss: Yeah!

Weiss: I forgot his birthday! I need to go out and find him a gift!!! I might help you guys later!

--Weiss left the group chat—

Ruby: So, who wants to go first?

Velvet: I'll go first.

Coco: That's ma girl~

Velvet: Coco!

Awkward silence...

Velvet: I'll see you all later then.

{With you ((y/n)'s POV)}

I felt awfully energetic this morning. Today would be a good day, I can feel it! I walked over towards the cafeteria to get myself some breakfast pancakes. The line was SOOO long, but hey, can't always be lucky.

After waiting in the line for what felt like an hour I finally got my breakfast. I grabbed a huge plate of pancakes, like Nora huge. I rolled them and one after the other they disappeared inside the endless nothingness that is my stomach. When I look back up from my plate I see Velvet has sat herself down in front of me. I waved before choking on my food and coughed a few times. She slightly laughed at my antics. I quickly joined her, and together we laughed.

(y/n): So Velvet, what can I do for you this wonderful day?

Velvet: I was wondering if you could accompany me into town. My team is busy and I don't want to bother them.

(y/n): Sure, no problem.

We then left the cafeteria and quickly grabbed our weapons. I had to adapt a little and hide the sword underneath my hood, so people don't get scared. When we walked we had some small talk, but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched...

(y/n): So Velv, how was your Christmas?

Velvet: Pretty fun. I went home and celebrated it with my parents and little sister.

(y/n): Sounds good! You left at just the right time...

Velvet: yeah, I heard that. What did you do, because I know you planned to spend it with Ruby's family?

(y/n): We spent it with just the four of us. I just don't know what they did last three days. *embarrassed* I was kinda asleep for longer that I wanted...

Velvet: *laughs* That really sounds like you.

(y/n): Oh come on, I wasn't that bad!

Velvet: You once overslept until the last lesson of the day, walked in and as you sat down at your place the lesson ended.

(y/n): Damn, I actually was that bad... Nothing we can do about that now!

(y/n): Say Velv, you look a lot happier. Has Cardin finally stopped bullying you?
Velvet: Yeah! He hasn't even come close to me since you had that incident with him.

(y/n): *smiles* It really changed you quite a lot, Velvet. You used to be so silent and shy, but now that you're no longer restrained by Faunus hate, you can finally be your cheery self!

Velvet: *blushes* ... Thanks

(y/n): What are friends for, eh? What was it you needed in town again? I think I forgot..*sheepish smile*

Velvet: Oh, well I wanted to buy a bracelet for my father. And I assumed you to have almost the same size around your wrist.

[Into the jewelry!]

We walked into the jewelry and looked at some of the bracelets they had. Some were leather, others were made of steel and even some with gold and diamond inside it. When the shopkeeper turned around and looked at us he scowled.

Shopkeeper: We don't serve animals here! Scram it or I'll call the police!

Velvet: But we didn't do anything!

Shopkeeper: You're here, while I have a strong no-Faunus policy in this store. Leave or I'll call the police!

(y/n): *calm AF* Sir please, we just want to buy a bracelet. There is no need to be so harsh on Faunus. And I wouldn't call the police if I were you. We're here on legal terms and nothing that we've done is illegal so the police can't remove us.

Shopkeeper: *growls*

(y/n): It's quite a shame though. Imagine the customers you could attract if you were to serve Faunus here. Most woman like jewelry and Faunus are certainly no exception. It would be a masterful business move which could earn yourself a lot of lien. Quite a shame...

His eyes then turn into dollar signs and his scowl disappeared. He now looked at us and helped Velvet choose a nice steel bracelet. She motioned me to come over to see if it would fit me. It fit and Velvet bought it. It was a really nice bracelet. Velvet certainly has some good taste for jewelry.

We soon after left the store and went on our way back home, now with a new bracelet with us. She wanted to take the scenic route back to look for something pretty, which she could take a photo of. We eventually walked into an alleyway and she got a message on her scroll. She turned around and looked at me.

{Velvet's POV}

The message I received was from Yang. She said that the live-feed had turned off and asked as to why it did. I looked back at (y/n) and over his shoulder to see that the drone was still invisible, except for a little glimmer that I could see from the lens.

Velvet: Thank you. I enjoyed shopping with you.

(y/n): No problem at all. I had fun as well. Besides, I can't let you go around town all by yourself? What kind of friend would I be.

Velvet: Still a great one. You've always looked out for me.

I looked behind him to see that there was now a blue me eating projected behind him. It got a little smaller as it zoomed out and showed Cardin heading towards the other me. I remember that, that was a few days ago.

The other Cardin was intercepted by (y/n) who stood in front of him and shook his head. Cardin tried to walk passed him, but he got intercepted again. This time (y/n) had an angry look in his eyes. Cardin tried moving him out the way, but (y/n) grabbed his hand and shoved him backwards. He then flicked his fingers and activated his semblance, sending a cute little shockwave at Cardin. He flew back and hit a pillar. He quickly cowered away from the now angry teen. (y/n) looked back over his shoulder towards me and smiled, before walking back to his own seat.

I felt my heart skip a beat and looked back towards the original Jay. Than the blue light turned into something different. It became words. They said: "It's his birthday and all he wants to do protect us. Give him a kiss (on the cheek) so that we can make this day unforgettable. Don't think Velvet, he'll like, it I promise. Guy"

I blushed a little and he had a questioning look on his face. I walked a little closer and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. He flushed even worse than I did and fell back a little.

(y/n): HUH?! Wha-What?!

Velvet: I-I just wanted to give you something special for your birthday. I have to go now, s-see you later, okay?
(y/n): *dumbstruck* Y-Yeah, sure.

I walked away and messaged the others that it was now someone else's turn. It took some time for them make a clear decision, but eventually the rest managed to find a solution. Ruby would definitely be the last one before the party, and since the time was only limited only a few of the others have to go as well. Pyrrha was the next one to go, seeing as she has been friends with him since day 1.

{Pyrrha's POV}

I was still sat in the dorm together with Jaune when I got the green light to be the diversion for (y/n). Jaune was currently busy with some weights to increase his strength, which wasn't really good. He has come a long way, though.

I grab my weapons and send (y/n) a message to meet me in the arena. I planned another spar with him against me. His speed will be a problem, but I'll figure something out. Oh well, let's just have a great time.

~+~Time skip~+~

When I arrived he already stood there, reading a book. He was leaning against the wall, but he didn't seem to notice me. What was strange was that he didn't carry any form of weapons, and I doubt he didn't get what I meant when I wanted to spar. I coughed to get his attention. He looked up from his book and looked at me. His eyes went wide, probably wondering how he hadn't noticed me. He shook his head and quickly put his book back inside his jacket.

(y/n): Hey pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Hello again. Why didn't you bring your weapons? You understood that I wanted to spar, right???
(y/n): Yeah I did, but I have a no-violence policy on this day of the year.

Pyrrha: Why didn't you just send a message then?

(y/n): I wanted to tell you in person... I'm sorry, I truly am but I don't want to fight today. I promise I'll make it up to you, but another day.

Pyrrha: Uhm... alright then. Would you like to hang out then? Jaune is busy training and Ren and Nora are ... I don't really know where to be honest.

(y/n): Sure, I'd love to. Though it does frighten me a little that I don't know where Nora is.

The both of us take a seat on a nearby table. I grab the chair while he just sits on the table itself.

Pyrrha: Why is that?

(y/n): Nora, or better said her weapon, are a bit explosive. And since it's Nora who owns it, I'm scared as to what's gonna explode and when it will.

Pyrrha: *laughs* You worry too much.

(y/n): Oh, I worry too much? I just want to live to see another year. Besides, you worry just as much as I do!

Pyrrha: *playful smirk* I have no idea what you're talking about~

(y/n): *rolls eyes* Sure you don't. You're constantly worrying what people think of you, and whether or not they think you're too good or too famous to be their friend. Remember the dance? You were so stressed if anyone would ask you.

Pyrrha: *nervous laugh* Whatever makes you say that...

(y/n): Pyrrha please. The whole school knows you've got a thing for Jaune. Well, except for him.

Pyrrha: *sad* Yeah... I wish he'd just notice me for once and stop going after Weiss. Just once.

(y/n): Cheer up Pyrrha! He'll see, I just know he will. Sure he is oblivious now, but people change. He's still young, we all are. We're not fully done improving ourselves. Jaune will come around, trust me on that.

Pyrrha: You know what? You're right! I just have to keep trying!

(y/n): Atta girl! Now, I still need to do something, so unless you need my help with something, I'm out. *stands up and walks away*

Pyrrha: W-Wait!

He turns back around and then the drone behind him starts projecting words behind his back. It said: "We know you love Jaune, but let it go just this once. Give (y/n) the birthday he'll never forget and give him a kiss. Guy". I blush, but he was right. (y/n) has been my friend since the beginning and he has always been there when I needed him. It's not that bad to give him a kiss on the cheek, right?

I walk closer to him and lean in a little. He tilts his head, while I whisper "Happy birthday" in his ear. I then pulled away a little bit and gave him a quick kiss. Though he did turn a little, so instead of a small kiss on his cheek, it landed on his lips. I blushed really, really bad and immediately ran out of the classroom, while (y/n) was still stood in there awestruck.

{Coco's POV}

I was walking around the school and then noticed Pyrrha running out of a classroom. She was incredibly red and seemed a little embarrassed. I peek around the corner of the room she left to see (y/n) there. He was just stood there, seemingly zoned out. I walked closer and waved my hand in front of his face. No reaction. I called him by his name, nickname and even his last name but he didn't respond. I then noticed the time, it was almost time for his party. So, why not have a little fun with the birthday boy~

I traced my fingers over his shoulders and tried to get snap him out of it. Still no reaction. It became more seductive the longer it went on, but still no reaction. I eventually sighed. Guess it has to be like this, not that I mind~ I leaned in and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. He didn't kiss back, but his eyes did widen. Blood rushed towards his face and he was incredibly red when we parted. I smirked, finally he's awake! He now had his jaw wide open and looked at me in disbelief.

Coco: Consider this a thanks for protecting Velv. Happy birthday, (y/n)~

I then walk away. Time for the final part of the plan. I send Ruby a message to let her know that it's her turn to take him out and do something.

{(y/n)'s POV}

I was still stunned by what just happened. First I have Pyrrha kissing me on the lips, and then to make it even stranger Coco walks in and starts full in making out with me while I'm still dazed. Ruby will kill me... Or maybe not, who's to say what Ruby will do, honestly. I do need to make it up to her though.

Speak of the devil, a message from Ruby. She wants to hang around town. Seems fine. Okay, first up I'll tell her what happened and then I'll go and make it up to her and accept my punishment. Sigh, I'm going to lose my girlfriend aren't I?

I headed towards the shop where I was supposed to meet Ruby. She wasn't there yet, so I quickly check the amount of lien I have on me. Apart from my pass I should have enough for a few more days. A pair of arms snake around me, and I feel someone laying there head on my shoulder. I see a familiar flash of red and black hair from the corner of my eyes. I turn around and hug her back, but I'm still incredibly nervous... Well, let's get this over with.

Ruby: Hey (y/n)! Happy birthday!

(y/n): Thanks, but you know I don't really celebrate my birthday.

Ruby: I know, but I can still congratulate you, right?

(y/n): Of course you can *hugs Ruby* Hey Ruby?

Ruby: Hm?

(y/n): I need to tell you something, and I doubt you'll like it.

Ruby: You don't need to apologize for kissing Coco, or Pyrrha or Velvet. We've talked this through and they wanted to show their gratitude for all that you've done for us.

(y/n): I'm really sorry and I swear It'll never happen again just don't kill --- What? Can you repeat that???

Ruby: I knew about you being kissed. I don't really mind to be honest. They got it just once, while I get to have you always~

(y/n): You're the coolest you know that. *kisses Ruby*

Ruby: I know! Now come in, I want to buy cookies for you today instead of the other way around.

(y/n): You know we'll share them right.

Ruby: I was kinda hoping for it~

(y/n): *laugh* Of course you do~

We sat there and enjoyed the rest of the evening. Talking, kissing and generally having a good time. Ruby eventually received a message, which interrupted one of our first actual make-out sessions...

Ruby: Hey, Yang needs some help in the main hall. Want to come and help?

(y/n): Sure. But we'll continue ... this, later~

Ruby: *blushes* S-Sure.

We then left the small store and made our way back to Beacon. It was a great day, though I do feel awfully energetic for this time of the day. Must be my imagination. Oh well. We sat in the bullhead back to Beacon and Ruby laid her head on my shoulder and stared out the window. It was a fairly short ride in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. When we got to the main hall, the lights were dimmed and I couldn't see a thing. I walked over towards the switch and turned it on. When I could finally see again I saw everyone.

Everyone: Surprise!

They threw a surprise party. A party for me. I-I don't even know what to think. Guy walked over and gave me a bro hug. I was still a little stunned and it seemed like Guy had seen it. He snapped his fingers and I was back to actually talking and living.

(y/n): You guys ...

Guy: *proud* So, what'd you think? It took some time, but we had the girls as diversion, and man did they succeed!

ThenVelvet, Pyrrha and Coco stepped forward. Velvet and Pyrrha stood a littleawkward while Coco had a grin across her face. My eyes were hidden behind myhair as I walked closer. I hugged all three of them without saying a singleword. Finally Ruby walked forward and joined the hug. I broke the hug with thegirls and turned back to Ruby. I lifted her up and spun her around. When I lether back down she stared me in the eyes for a while before inching closer andcloser to my lips. They made contact and it was like fireworks went off in myhead. Then HER tongue slipped itself inside mine and we had our little fightfor dominance. But then Yang coughed and ruined the moment. I let Ruby backdown and smiled awkwardly at the annoyed sister. She smiled back kindly and sothe night began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
407K 8.7K 55
(Y/N) is a Mind Reader. At a young age, he caused trouble for his family because of his semblance...and now he's a runaway. How will his ability affe...
978 28 9
The first semester is over and now Team (F/I)DGS is now moving on to the next semester, along with Team RWBY and Team JNPR. Let's see how this semest...
32.3K 522 21
Remnant... A planet long abandoned by the brother gods... But what happens when the brother gods, decide to send one of their new creations to check...