Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)

5.3K 187 183
By mayaxwriter

Your POV: 

"Y/N, wake up!" Someone squeals in my ear, "It's your birthday!" 

My eyes flutter open and wake up to an excited Elise standing over my bed. 

"W-what?" I rub my eyes and yawn. 

"Oh my god, you're terrible in the morning. It's your 16th birthday!" She pulls the covers off my cold body. 

I groan and grab them out of her hand and throw them back over my head, "School?" 

"Oh god no, it's Saturday! Did you forget?" 

I take the covers off my head and look at her still partially unaware of what's happening, "Forget what?" 

"It's your birthday!" She yells at me, "And Peter's too." 

Just his name made me alert, "Peter, oh my gosh I forgot about our birthday!" 

I jump out of bed and run to the closet. I take out my birthday outfit that I've had planned for almost a year now. A light brown knit cardigan over a white shirt paired with black leggings. 

I rush to put it on and then rush over to my dresser and throw some makeup on my face. 

"OK, I'm ready to see Peter." I turn around to Elise. She has a sympathetic look on her face. 

"Oh, Y/N." She begins

"What?" Reality hits me like a truck, "Oh yeah, he's in Sweeden until tomorrow." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that you would forget." Elise sighs. 

"It's fine," I walk to my desk and open up my laptop. My email inbox pops up with a drafted email to Peter, "I have to send him his gift." 

Elise walks up behind me to watch as I attach the video file and type, "Happy birthday Peter. Hope you enjoy your gift. I can't wait to see you tomorrow :)" 

I look at  Elise behind me. She nods for me to continue as I hit the send button. 

"Peter will love it," She hugs me from behind, "Now come on, let's go get some breakfast." 

Peter's POV: 

"Spider-boy, don't sleep your whole birthday away!" Mr. Stark calls to me from another room. 

I lay in bed awake staring at my email waiting for Y/N's birthday message to come. I've been awake since 12 AM waiting. I didn't know when she was going to send it, and I wanted to look at it the minute she sent it. 

Mr. Stark opens the door to my hotel room and steps in, "How'd you get in?" I ask. 

"I have a key," He holds up a plastic card to prove his point. 

"I just wanted to say happy birthday. You've done some great things," He says the last part softly, "Now start packing we're flying home today." He turns and walks away.

"Wait, today? I thought we were flying home tomorrow?" I get up from my bed and look at him. 

Mr. Stark turns around, "Happy didn't tell you? We're done here, so we're flying back today. We'll get you home by early evening." 

My face lights up, "So you mean I can be with Y/N on our birthday?" 

"The end of it, yes." He replies, "Now pack up!" 

I grab my phone and scroll through my contacts until I find Elise's name. I dial her number and listen as it rings. 

"Hello? Peter, why are you calling me?" Elise answers. 

"Are you with Y/N?" I ask. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"I need to talk to you, and Y/N can't know what it's about," 

"Who is it?" I hear Y/N's voice in the background. 

"Peter," Elise responds, "I'll be right back," She tells Y/N. 

"OK, I'm in Mandy's room, what's up?" She says. 

"So I just found out I'm coming home tonight, not tomorrow," 

"Are you serious? That's great! Y/N will be so happy!" Elise exclaims. 

"But, I don't want you to tell her," I reply quickly. 

"What? Why?" 

I sigh, "I want to surprise her tonight." 

She pauses, "OK, well we're going out for ice cream tonight, you can surprise her then. We're going to the ice cream parlor on fourth street I think." 

"Great! I'll surprise her, just make sure she doesn't find out." I say. 

"I won't. See ya, Peter." 

I hang up the phone and sit on my bed until my phone rings again. 

 I see Y/N's name on caller ID and I answer. 

"Y/N?" I say. 

"Happy birthday Peter!" She squeals. 

"You too. I wish I was with you." 

"I do too. But we'll see each other again tomorrow," She says on the other end. 

"Yeah, tomorrow." 

"Are you OK?" She asks, "Ooh! I just sent you your email!" She changes the subject.

I jump back onto my bed and log into my laptop again, "OK I'll watch it." 

"I wish you were here, we're all going out for a little ice cream celebration tonight, and then we'll celebrate tomorrow with you!" 

"Who's going tonight and tomorrow?" I ask signing into my email. 

She thinks for a moment, "Uh, me, Elise, Ned, Michelle, oh and Liam." 

My heart stops at Liam's name, "Oh Liams coming?" 

"Yeah, he's cool so we thought we'd invite him." 

"Yeah, sounds great," I reply flatly. 

"Go check your email! I can't wait to see you tomorrow." 

"I can't wait to see you too," 

"I got to go, but text me tonight." She says. 

"I will," I promise. We both hang up as I finally log into my email. 

I click on Y/N's email to me. There's a video attachment along with a little message,  "Happy birthday Peter. Hope you enjoy your gift. I can't wait to see you tomorrow :)" It read. 

I download the video and wait for it to open. When it loads Y/N pops up on my screen. She's wearing a nice dress and her hair and makeup it all done. She looks so beautiful. 

"Hi Peter," She smiles into the camera, "When we first met in kindergarten, I had no clue that you would become this important to me. We've been best friends almost our whole life. You've always been there for me. No matter what." I smile as she holds up a picture of us from kindergarten. I'm wearing a cowboy hat and she has a police officer costume on.

"I remember the day that we met, we were young, and I fell in the sandbox at the park and you came over and fell down too. We both started to laugh and giggle." I laugh at remember that moment. 

"I remember this so well because it was a life-changing moment for me. I met my best friend. We started to hang out at the park every day. Then when school started back up, you were in my class. We started to spend all of our time together. Which led to us being friends all through elementary school." I smile at her even though she can't see me.

"I remember when Flash was picking on me in 5th grade and you "accidentally" tripped and spilled your juice on him. Thank you. I had a little kid crush on you in elementary school, but then sixth grade came and that little kid crash turned into something more." I feel my cheeks turn red for some reason. 

"I was crushed when I found out I had to move. I couldn't bear knowing that we only had a couple of days left together." Tears form in my eyes remember how sad I was when she left. It was the worst day of my life. 

"I remember starting seventh grade at a new school, with all new kids. I was so scared cause you weren't there with me. But then I made friends, and we lost touch, but I never forgot about you." She holds up a picture of her holding a phone to her ear. Sitting on the desk in front of her is a piece of paper with the word, "Peter" on it followed by my phone number. I guess she was calling me when that picture was taken. 

"I don't know if you remember this, but every year on our birthday, I would send you a little gift from Michigan. I never wrote you a note or anything, cause I didn't want you to know it's me." My eyes grow wide when she said that. I remember every year receiving a small little trinket without knowing who it was from. It puzzles me and Aunt May, and kind of freaked us out. But I always kept them, even though I didn't know who they were from.

"When I moved back I was so happy to see you again. And I realized that my feelings for you never faded. I'm so glad that I have a boyfriend who means so much to me, but is also my best friend." I feel myself smile like an idiot. 

"I wouldn't want anyone else to be my boyfriend and best friend. You mean so much to me you don't understand. I didn't know how else to tell you how much you mean to me for our birthday, so I decided not to say it, I'll sing it." She finished. I sit there shocked as music starts to play in the background. 

"Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there

The smell of your cologne still stuck in the air

It's hard"

I've never heard her sing before, even when we were little. She was always shy. But hearing it now, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. 

"Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow swinging round

It's funny how things never changed in this big town

So far from the stars"

She holds up two pictures, one of us standing next to each other in front of the door to my apartment. I remember Aunt May taking that picture. The other picture is of us in the same spot but from a month ago. Aunt May begged us to let her take that picture again.

"And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish you were here with me now" 

She holds up a picture of us playing on a playground when we were seven. 

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you"

She shows me a picture of us. It's from homecoming. We're dancing together in the middle of the room. I guess Elise took it while we were dancing. The best feeling was holding Y/N close to me. And knowing I'll never let her go. 

"I thought that you moved on with someone new

In the school that we met again, she's got her eyes on you

It's so hard

So hard" 

There's no picture, but I know what she's referring to, me and Liz. In that moment when we broke up, and I asked Liz to hang out not knowing Y/N was behind me. I was so stupid for hurting Y/N like that. 

"And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now" 

She just smiles at the camera. Her beautiful smile. 

"And if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room

Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you"

I smile as she sings. It's so beautiful. I can't believe she did this for me. 

"And I know that it's odd

That I never moved on

But there's something about you" 

She holds up a picture of a selfie that we took the day we met again. I'm smiling, and Y/N being her goofy self, stuck out her tongue.

"If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room

Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

Everything comes back to you"

She finishes singing and takes a sip of water. 

"I hope you liked your gift," She tells me. 

"Happy birthday Peter," She pauses and looks nervous before saying, "I love you." She reaches out and puts her hand on the camera making the screen turn black. 

The video ended leaving me staring at my own reflection. 

I take a deep breath, knowing she can't hear me, "I love you too." 

-

-

-

-

A/N: IS ANYONE ELSE CRYING RIGHT NOW? Oh my gosh this is the most touching thing I have ever wrote. Ugh I want a relationship like them. Part 2 of this chapter will be published tomorrow! Don't forget to comment, follow and vote! Love you all, 

~MJ Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

1.2K 62 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
26.4K 788 53
Nora Reynolds didn't ask anyone to save her. And yet, Tony Stark seems to be intent on doing so anyways, becoming her legal guardian after her father...
179K 4.6K 23
You are a young 18 years old girl, in your last year of high school. Because of your father's work, you constantly had to move to other cities and ch...
39.6K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...