It Was Always You

By bridgettec_

"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did... More

WARNING
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue

Chapter One

6K 151 4
By bridgettec_

An updated version of this book is now available to download from smashwords.com for free! :)

~♡~

This is your typical high school. A parking lot filled with kids in their own cliques; the athletes throwing pig skin across the lot, cheerleaders chatting away by their sides, the studious kids carrying their books with the occasional one dropping their huge stack of books, by standers who are just dazzled by the thought of being apart of the early morning routine and of course the ones who just don't really care at all.

As I passed the line out of these cliques against their cars I avoided making eye contact with them. There's nothing worse than being their target for jokes and pranks; trust me, I've been there. The parking lot was huge; spreading across the whole school front and a section at the left wing.  

"Hey, Kate!" My friend Patricia called as she caught up to me. Her huge handbag weighed her down as it hung from her forearm. 

"Why don't you get a normal book bag?" I asked. 

"Are you crazy? This is my new Michael Kors. Daddy bought it for me yesterday." she switched the bag to the other hand.

"Is he still trying to buy your love?" 

"Yep." she said popping the 'P'.

"Why?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm getting new stuff!" she giggled. 

I shook my head and we continued walking toward the school entrance. I had three weeks left until graduation and I can't wait! Everyone was giddy about prom and prom dresses; I only cared about getting my diploma. 

"Have you gotten your dress yet?" Patricia asked.

"I'm not going." I simply said. 

She stopped in her tracks and I could tell her expression was priceless. I turned around and saw her mouth hanging wide open with her bag on the floor. I quickly shut it and picked her bag up. 

"Careful, you might catch flies." I said while placing her bag on her arm then patted her back. When I saw no change in her expression I walked off. She snapped out of it and caught up to me again.

"Why?" was all she asked. I shrugged. 

"Why??" she pressed again.

"I just don't see the sense of wasting money on a dress just to have some guy try to get with me." 

"That's the point! It's the last time all of us will be together; at this school, in that moment." She stopped walking again.

"I'm gonna be late!" I said irritated. I was getting a little touchy with this topic. 

Patricia sighed and walked with me to our first class together; Biology. We sat at our usual spot where two of my other friends were waiting; Jill and Phoebe. After we all exchanged hugs and kisses on the cheek they returned to their conversation. 

"Like I said, I'm thinking of a purple dress. Maybe short... with a lotta cleavage." Phoebe grinned. We all shook our heads; knowing where she was going with this. 

"Hey, c'mon. Don't dismiss the idea so quickly. I'm not getting any younger and this hot piece of ass-"

"Can't hold out any longer." We all finished in unison. Phoebe blushed. 

"Do I say it that often?" 

"Yes." I answered. 

She sat there quiet for a while then spoke up again. "It's not that bad, I mean It's been like..." she paused and counted on her fingers. "two weeks!" 

We laughed as she tried to justify herself in every way possible. Let's just say they didn't call her freebie Phoebe for nothing. 

"Aww don't you dare laugh at me Ms. I'm a virgin." She said and I stopped laughing instantly. 

"Oh my God, Kate. You haven't lost it yet?" Patricia asked. "Why was this even kept a secret?"

I cursed softly before answering. "No and it would've stayed that way if big mouth here didn't open up. No pun intended." I smirked. 

"Bitch." she laughed. 

"Settle down." The teacher came into the room and we started our lesson. 

Two hours later the class ended and we all walked down the hall towards my locker. I didn't want my secret being known by my not so innocent friends. Phoebe found out because she overheard a conversation between me and my friend across the country. A decent friend with no history of sleeping around. 

How did I even become friends with people so opposite of me? Well that's just the point. We were different, we balanced each other out. When I was transferred to this school two years ago they were the only people who made an effort to talk to me and not make fun of me. 

I packed my books away and stood there for a while with the girls; chatting. 

"Hey, Kate. There's your brother." Jill pointed out to me. I looked up and saw my twin brother walking with the worst company at this school; Brandon Chambers, QB of the football team. I scowled at them both.

Brandon was the first one to make fun of me when I got here. He would trip me, steal my stuff or just plain annoyed me. I have no idea why my brother was friends with him but it made me hate him too. 

It was quite unbelievable how we both had the same features; same green eyes, brown hair and freckles under our eyes. He looked at me and I looked away. I haven't spoken to my brother in two weeks because of his behaviour lately towards me and my mom. 

When he passed I resumed my conversation with the girls. 

"We all have a dress in mind for prom right? We can go shopping since its a Fridaaay." Patricia said with a small grin. 

"I'm not going." I said again. 

"It is because you have no date?" Phoebe asked. "Because we can find one for you."

"I'm sure you can." Jill laughed. Phoebe shot her a glare then returned to me. 

"I know this guy; tall, super cute and not too bad in the package area, if you know what I mean." she wiggled her eyebrows. 

I laughed. "I don't want any of your left overs." 

"He's not, I swear I didn't sleep with him!" she said with her hands up in surrender.

"Uh huh." I laughed. They gossiped about whose package was worth the experience and I took that as my cue to leave and attend my next class; Art. 

I sat at my usual spot beside this guy named Chase; his hair was always cut low and he had the dopest sleeve tattoo on his right arm. He was shy but super talented with drawing. 

"Hey." I greeted nicely and he nodded. He didn't talk much. I looked across the classroom and saw Brandon. I was surprised to see him since he always ditched classes. 

He sat beside this quiet girl named Janice and flirted. I shook my head realizing the reason he came. He was the type to go after quiet virgins; another reason why my secret is better kept a secret. 

I rolled my eyes at him and focused on my project which would ensure I graduated. My teacher said I had to put together a collage of pictures with 'deep' meaning according to him. Sometimes I wonder if he's high or not in class. 

I had focused on scenery for the past week as I travelled to different locations after school and took pictures. I took pictures of an awesome sunset which engulfed the entire sky in its bright orange Ora with little hues of pink escaping. It stretched over the land and gave the flowers and weeds an Orange glow from the angle I took it. 

Since its the weekend I was planning on a small road trip to the beach or maybe some hidden waterfall somewhere. 

My teacher stood behind me as I tried to wash the film and blow it up to a larger size. He stood there for a long while and I turned around to him. 

"Yes, sir?"

"Beautiful." He said staring at the sunset. "It has an effect; an effect that draws you in. It's proving that something so simple has a great amount of influence." 

That made no sense to me. 

"Sure, that's what I was going for." I lied. 

"Wonderful. Keep it up! Graduation is right around the corner." He smiled then left. 

I resumed my project when I felt an arm around my waist pulling me against a hard chest. 

"What the hell!" I squirmed a little trying to break free. 

"Calm down, fire cat." I heard Brandon say.

I groaned inwardly as I felt my anger build up. "What do you want?" 

"Nice picture." 

"Where's your project, genius? Oh, right. There's none." I finally broke free and untied my apron. 

"There is. Janice agreed to let me draw her naked. If she's lucky I might sculpt her too." I saw him look at her and lick his lips. 

I scowled at him. "Leave her alone. Go find some other virgin to mess with." 

"Who, you?" He inquired with a smirk. 

"Oh, honey. You wish." I patted his shoulder and packed my stuff up. 

I left him standing there and heard him say. "Challenge accepted."

Thank you so much for reading!

If you enjoyed it then click that little star :)

Pic on the right is who I imagine as Kate!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 4.3K 70
Life is hard. Specially when you're a high schooler. You can never know when your life is about to go up. And you 'especially' can never know when it...
3.3M 81.2K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
33.1K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
208K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...