SHE GOT AWAY

By GEEGUK

❝ you carried me into that house, you can carry me out as well ❞ loving him wasn't her mistake, it was his... More

SHE GOT AWAY
CHARACTERS
PLAYLIST
⁰⁰¹ CRUMBLING CASTLE
⁰⁰² AIN'T DAMSEL
⁰⁰³ HOSTILE? BET NOT
⁰⁰⁴HEARTSTRINGS
⁰⁰⁵ [ INTERLUDE ❶ ]
SIDEWAY HIGHWAY
⁰⁰⁶ PAPA LOVES U
⁰⁰⁷ THIN SHAKY LEGS
⁰⁰⁸ DAY ONE
⁰⁰⁹ DAY TWO
⁰¹⁰ DAY THREE
⁰¹¹ DAY FOUR
⁰¹² INNOCENT EYES
⁰¹³ DAY FIVE
⁰¹⁴ [ INTERLUDE ❷ ]
⁰¹⁵ DAY SIX
⁰¹⁶ NIGHT SIX
⁰¹⁷ [ INTERLUDE ❸ ]
⁰¹⁸ DAY SEVEN
⁰¹⁹ DAY SEVEN.2
⁰²⁰ DAY SEVEN.3
⁰²¹ [ INTERLUDE ➍ ]
⁰²² DAY EIGHT
⁰²³ NIGHT EIGHT
⁰²⁴ [ INTERLUDE ❺ ]
⁰²⁵ [ QUARTER ➀ ]
⁰²⁶ DAY NINE
⁰²⁷ [ QUARTER ➁ ]
⁰²⁸ NIGHT NINE
⁰²⁹ [ QUARTER ➂ ]
⁰³⁰ [ INTERLUDE ➏ ]
⁰³¹ DAY TEN
⁰³² [ INTERLUDE ➐ ]
⁰³³ NIGHT TEN
³¹'² WARM EYES
RECALL
⁰³⁴ DAY ELEVEN
⁰³⁵ [ INTERLUDE ➑ ]
⁰³⁶ NIGHT ELEVEN
⁰³⁶ [ QUARTER ➃ ]
⁰³⁷ DAY TWELVE
⁰³⁸ [ INTERLUDE ➒ ]
⁰³⁹ [ QUARTER ➄ ]
⁰⁴⁰ DAY THIRTEEN
⁰⁴¹ [ QUARTER ➅ ]
⁰⁴² [ INTERLUDE ➓ ]
⁰⁴⁴ FINALE
⁰⁴⁵ EPILOGUE
SO.FA
ALTERNATE FINALE
QUESTIONS
CURTAIN FALL
ALTERNATE EPILOGUE
CONFESSIONS

⁰⁴³ NIGHT THIRTEEN

8K 372 255
By GEEGUK

NIGHT THIRTEEN
SCENE XVIII - ACT II

jeongguk knew he had lived a sheltered life.

at the tender age of eight, jeongguk realized that he could conquer the world and had it all wrapped up in his little fingers. being the only son of the great businessmen namely ayame min and changyoon jeon, jeongguk grew up to be a child wonder, excelling in everything he has set his mind to, failing was never in his dictionary.

at such a young age, he was groomed to become the next heir of the jeon empire — training him with — beyond perfection and polishing his skills to be the best among the rest, he always stood triumphant in everything. young jeon jeongguk was ambitious, he made it his point to be that one person who could excel at anything — whether it be in academics or sports. he wanted all of the recognition and he craved for it. All of it.

although despite all of the trophies, medals and recognition he got . . . jeongguk still feels like an empty shell.

like a hole pierced inside his chest, jeongguk would feel the unfathomable loneliness worming his heart. it was dangerous and unsual, despite everything he has achieved . . . nothing ever makes him ecstatic and joyful.

he would sometimes wonder why, why there was a pang in his chest whenever he sees his classmates as their faces were painted with smiles, whenever their parents would come and fetch them. jeongguk wondered why his eyes would sting with tears or whenever he hears his classmates share the beautiful story of their family spending time. why does it hurt? how does it makes me feel this conflicted? what is this feeling?

ah, i'm— at the age of ten, everything just falls into place as he realizes what he was missing, coming back for almost the thousandth time at their palace-like-home, all alone. the halls seems too big for him, swallowing his little figure and having the vicinity all by himself.

i'm alone.

jeongguk realized that what makes him insatiable and incomplete wasn't because of what he hasn't achieved yet, but because he was nothing but an empty shell, walking alone.

it's just me, how funny that the star student jeon jeongguk has no friends, parents barely even home to keep me company.

yes, he's lucky. lucky enough to be born with all the wealth and privileges other people die to have, lucky enough to be living luxuriously and lucky enough to have everything he wanted in just a snap of fingers.

but having everything doesn't mean anything at all, when you're alone.

mama and papa. did he ever love his parents? well hell yes, he do. he has always considered them his most treasured persons in the whole wide world but as they get busier and busier as he grows up, the rarer they had time for him and thus, making their family bond to drift apart.

jeongguk was alone, until he met jiho.

kim jiho, the girl who had a heart as beautiful and pure as of an angel.

when jiho decided to befriend the young man, jeongguk was beyond scared, he was terrified of what was there to come when he lets jiho step inside his lonely self. being alone for almost all of his lifetime, he didn't know how to make everything work out for main reasons like: a.) he didn't have any friends, too awkward, shy and socially inept to start one and, b.) he didn't have any close relationship to his relatives, too skeptic and cautious to be-close them for the fear of using him against his parent's company.

all in all, jeongguk was a shy bean and ignorant to people, so he was scared – scared that if jiho comes too close to his liking, he wouldn't be able to take it when she leaves him too.

the thing is, jiho never left.

jiho never walked away and jeongguk had his whole life swept away to bring out the best.

the first time he introduced jiho to his parents as he was already determined to make the woman his wife, he knew that his mother was beyond pissed. for some unknown reason, ayame didn't warm up to jiho, unlike changyoon who loved jiho the first time the younger bowed 90 degrees infront of the parents but ayame begged to differ.

jeongguk knew how much his mother despised his marriage with jiho, but never . . . never in his life would he imagine his own mother doing something like this. how absurd of you, i can't believe how cruel you really are.

eyes snapping into reality as jeongguk let the weight of his son shift on the soft mattress, he let the small, weak and exhausted body rest on the sofa. the man couldn't find his urge to laze around with all the idleness and break into his main point, he wasn't here for dadadum unicorn parties. he was here to clear things up with his oh - so - beloved mother.

you've been such a strong boy, yeon . . . now papa will do his best from now on. with a new sense of determination running down his veins, the man left the boy to sleep on his own in the living room as he made way to the large manor's study area. the man's eyes lifted to his pocket watch as he read 18.15, he only had 45 minutes left and he must hurry.

jeongguk had one purpose for his arrival in this god forsaken pristine white halls – take the queen down and make her bow to her knees.

"why did you do that? who told you to do that? why the hell were you even there?!" cutting through the chase, the moment jeongguk found the person he had been looking for, he couldn't find it in himself to control the raging emotions that begged to erupt as he let everything, go.

"why?" the woman muttered, answering his bomb questions with another question as her fingers immediately stopped from pressing on the keys of her keyboard, standing up on her stool and marched towards jeongguk as the two shared a heated and dangerous gaze. "what I did was the right thing, she deserves that. she deserves to be humiliated in front of those people, she deserved that kind of treatment! i knew she was that kind of woman and yet you didn't listen to me! now, see what that slut—"

disbelieved, "shut up!" eyes flashing red as the final straw was pulled, jeongguk couldn't tame the words that escaped his lips the moment it opened on its own. slut? who's the slut?! "jiho is not a slut and never was!" the man inquired, his voice lowering a few octaves as a warning "my wife is more than that, she is way more than what you've said! why? why the hell did you do something like that when . . . when you don't even know the real story! why do you always do things as if you're all knowing when you clearly haven't have any single clue what was—"

the woman clutched jeongguk's collar, having enough of all his ranting. "that woman cheated on you! i saw it with my own two eyes how she—" the mother cut through, still unstoppable in proving her point even though it was already pointless as jeongguk had none of it.

"no! she didn't! she never cheated on me!" jeongguk refuted, clearly pissed off of how he could now see how shallow-minded his mother was. "jiho never cheated! it was me!" confessing his sin straight to his mother, he felt like there were thorns escaping on his tongue, tearing him inside-out. It hurt how foolish he had acted, how true his words were and how humiliating it was to finally say the truth rather than denying it.

"y—you. . " the mother was dumbfounded, eyes wide in shock as her lips quivered with unspoken words. ayame couldn't find it in herself to believe, she refused to believe as she let the words that escaped on jeongguk be thrown into abyss. the mother couldn't get why jeongguk would say such a thing. why would you do this? why would you cover up for her? why would you do this for that slut?!

anger boiling in the depths of ayame's own veins, the older held jeongguk's shoulder and shook it vigorously. "you're lying! i didn't raise you to become such a fool for the wrong person! why are you acting this way?! she lied to you! she's a whore—" as if wanting to let her son snap into reality, the woman screamed on top of her lungs. the woman wanted to make the man realize her point, when it was clearly her that needed one slap to jupiter to wake up.

"no!" jeongguk pleaded once more, peeling the hands off of his body as his voice staggered, this time a little too resigned as the pain in his eyes made his vision glossy. the man wanted her mother to see the truth, wanted ayame to realize that his wife wasn't the one to blame. "it was me . . . why, why won't you see that i'm saying the truth?"

"no—" having enough of all of his mother's denial, jeongguk couldn't take it anymore. "it was me! it was me who tore our family apart! it was me who hurt her, it was me who had never been faithful!" as those words escaped, he felt the tears rolling in his smooth skin. the words piercing straight to his heart, feeling so feeble as he let the words sink in.

"it was me! all of it was me! i was the one who threw our precious relationship into nothingness, it was me who had been so selfish. . ." remembering the way he had acted, cheated and lied to jiho made his heart tremble as an ugly sob escaped its way unto his lips. "y—you have no right to do what you did, you had no right to take yeon away from jiho! now . . . now my wife, my wife is about to die" he'd confessed as the floodgates opened and he had started sobbing on full with fat and angry tears.

lips quivering as the realization started sinking in unto the mother "n—no. it can't b—be" the woman whispered, clearly devastated as humiliation started seeping unto her body. remembering the way how she treated jiho, ayame never felt so worthless and cruel than before. "l—lilia. y–you're secreatry . . . said jiho cheated on you and i—"

l—lilia? brown orbs widening as his knees gave out to him, his mother seemed to copy his actions as the woman sat feebly in front of him with flood of tears.

"what do you—" on turmoil, the mother murmured "your secretary sh—showed me pictures and i—I thought it was the—"

putting two and two together as he couldn't help himself anymore but let everything lose, he shook his head in disbelief.  "no, no, no! jiho . . . jiho could never do that. you knew jiho wasn't the type, yet why did you believe lilia? you go on believing other people's opinion when you could've first asked me about it!" he'd erupted, shaking her mother's body.

"jeongguk—" the mother tried to reason but jeongguk was close ears with hatred. "because of you! because of you and your rash decision my wife is dying! you act like you're the best mom when you're only good at pushing people away! you were never there for me when i was a child so don't act like you are a mother when you were never one! why do you even hate jiho?! she . . . she was the only one i had when neither you and papa were here!"

"—son, i—it wasn't me, it was your—" jeongguk couldn't bear his mother's excuses, "no! you humiliated jiho! you made my wife seem like the person she was not, just because. . . just because you were so against of her! you even had the audacity to take yeon from her, away?! what kind of mother are you to do that?!"

a sob escaping on the woman, "j—jeongguk"

"i hate you" the man spat as he stood, clearly done as the woman felt so vulnerable. "i don't ever want to be associated with this family anymore. forget that you even had a son, i don't want anything from the both of you! i don't want any of you and your sick relatives close to my family . . . cause if you do, i swear . . .  even if you're the one who brought me in this world, i won't hesitate" the man spoke, determination in his eyes as he made it clear how he and his parents are done.

the woman was devastated, begging on her knees as jeongguk started leaving and she had desperately clung unto the younger's legs. "no! please, i'm sorry. i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, son! i'm sorry i believed in your secretary. i'm sorry i doubted your wife, i'm sorry for—"

peeling the hands away from his legs as if he was disgusted, "sorry won't fix anything, mrs. ayame min"

walking out of the pristine halls with yeon in his arms, never felt so rewarding as before.

────── ✧ ❅ ✦ ❅ ✧ ──────

19.30

eyes brimming to tears, lips quivering with shushed pleas as he held the cold and almost lifeless hands of his wife, jeongguk tried his best to look at the woman who slept peacefully on the pristine white room, the smell of air freshener lingering. jiho's body was filled with tubes to keep her breathing, the drop of IV that shouldn't be visible in the ears were like alarm that unables to calm jeongguk's nerves.

bringing the cold hands against his lips as he gave a chase kiss, the man wanted to share his warmth to the unconscious woman. what did i do to you? how could i do this? how could i be so cruel and heartless? My love.

"jeongguk-shii" cutting him through the train of his thoughts as a knock on the door pulls him from reality, jeongguk listened to the nurse on the other side of the door. "the doctor said that you have ten minutes to prepare for the surgery"

"yes, i'll be there" voice as soft as feather, jeongguk tried his best to pull himself together. begrudgingly letting go of the woman's hand, he leaned in to leave a tender kiss on top of her pale forehead before finally managing to leave and prepare for the operation.

"please. you don't need to do this, jeongguk" clad in the hospital's white gown as his teeth gritted in anger, red flashing in his eyes and blood boiling in his veins, the man could barely hold his madness.  jeongguk stood in front of lilia as the woman wouldn't let him have a peace of his mind.

jeongguk barely had time.

"no" the man flat out spoke, almost about to leave when the woman grabbed his shoulder and he had enough of it as he slapped the woman's hand away from his skin. "get the fuck out of my way, i've had enough"

"wha—" dumbfounded, lilia couldn't find any words to speak.

"i—i should've done this a long time ago" the man shakily murmured as the events with his mother seemed to flash in his eyes. the web of lies and the way lilia set everything up, made jeongguk's stomach churn with disgust.  "t—the moment the first time it happened, i should've done this. we're over, we're done. I—"

devastation clearly painting in the woman's feature, lilia couldn't believe jeongguk. "no, no, no. you're confused, you're just frustrated! you can't back down! tomorrow's the day, tomorrow's the final day and now that jiho has cancer why won't you just back out and—" brows furrowing as his anger reaches at the peak, jeongguk couldn't hold it in, anymore.

"can you even hear yourself?!" the man inquired, shaking his head in bewilderment as he couldn't imagine how he was so foolish to be decieved in being wrapped around the disgusting fingers of the woman in front of him.

"listen, jeongguk—" the woman tried to hold him once more but he had none of it. "no!"

"i—i can't. i don't . . . i don't love you" the man uttered, the fresh wounds of his betrayal to jiho opening once more as the same way he felt like being free. he knew he should've done this long long time ago. 

tears a pool in his eyes, "i don't want to leave jiho" all the things he had done behind his wife's back is something he couldn't even forgive himself. all the lie, betrayal and infidelity acts he had done was starting to hurt his heart once more and this was the only way . . . the only way he could start on making it up to jiho. he would give up everything just to save his wife and family.

"fuck you! after all . . ." a whimper and a sob escaping on the other woman, jeongguk saw how lilia unravel. "after all those years, i was only just a booty call for you?! after everything i've done . . after getting jin and your mother to help me, this is all i'd get?!" the sense of remorse jeongguk initially had is now replaced with purely hatred and lilia seemed to get the point as the other gazed daggers against her. "i—jeongguk, no—"

"get lost. get lost and i don't ever want to see your face, ever again" voice deep with warning, lilia got the cue as she scrambled on her feet but . . . before she could get away, min yoongi cuffed her hands as jeongguk could barely hear, "you are under arrest. i've heard more than enough as a proof"

it was a good thing that min yoongi, jeongguk's only trusted cousin decided to pay a visit to him. it was like everything was finally falling into place and there was only one thing left to do.

a heavy weight dissipating inside his chest as if it was lifted away, jeongguk trudged closer and closer to the operating room as he prepared himself. remembering the words spoken to him when the family members were tested for possible donors, made his heart beat with pride.

"you're the only one in this room who's capable of giving a part of yourself to the patient"

at the moment those words escaped on jiho's doctor, jeongguk felt like crying on the spot as hope flickered in his almost dead eyes.  i can help? i–i can donate half of my lungs? i can - we can extend her life. i can rebuild my family again. oh god, i can–i'll still be able to hold her, she can live. jiho can live and i—

with the fire of hope rekindled in his body, jeongguk agreed without second thought as he immediately signed the documents for the surgery and transplant. the man couldn't care less of what was there to come, he couldn't care if he'd have a hard time adjusting with one lung. what was important as of the moment was he could donate what was his and jiho could live.

"you may donate your lungs but that doesn't mean you're forgiven. i can't guarantee that you would even ever see my sister and yeon after this" eyes wide as his heart dropped, he could remember the way jimin uttered those words, the moment the doctor stepped out of the testing room. as much as jeongguk wanted to protest, he couldn't find it in himself to blame jimin for acting that way. he had hurt jiho more than many ways possible and endangered yeon's sanity for tearing him away to his mother.

"i—even if that happens, i'll find them all over again and i—" jeongguk found himself utter but jimin had none of it. "i don't need futile promises, what i need is for you to prove your worth" jimin murmured before leaving a conflicted jeongguk.

i promise, this time for sure. i would do everything in my power to make you live, no matter what this time for sure . . no more distractions.  now, determination seeping in his veins, jeongguk was willing to give everything to extend the life of jiho. the man almost entered the vicinity when a pair of small hands tugged at his own, immediately seeing his son.

"y—yeon? what—" breathless, he was bewildered to see yeon when he was supposed to be sleeping with jimin as his guardian. oh honey. pushing all the hesitation inside his chest, jeongguk couldn't help himself but lean in and embrace his son tight. the man was so afraid that the moment he wakes up after the surgery, no yeon and jiho would be there for him to see and touch. 

i'm scared. little hands making its way to hook itself unto the older's shoulders, jeongguk could feel his white gown getting soaked with the desperate tears of yeon, the little body trembling in his touch. "please . . . come back, papa"

"i will. papa and mama will be back" 

"h—here" pulling his small body and lifting his hands away from jeongguk's big one, the smaller fished out a small baby blue envelope on his pockets before placing it on jeongguk's hands.

"yeon—" perplexed, jeongguk couldn't find words to speak. another letter? jeongguk thought that the letter had ceased the moment yeon confessed how he had long known about the divorce, the older wanted to question the younger only to be beaten first. 

"i love you, papa" eyes meeting with the younger's glossed ones, lips quivering with unspoken thoughts, the way yeon spoke those words were like bidding goodbye. even before jeongguk could make out his thoughts into clear words, the boy was already running away as the older was tugged into the operation room.

with one thing in the man's mind as jiho's sleeping figure came into his view upon entering the room, he let every disturbing thoughts at the back of his head and prayed to every living god that the operation may go well.i might not be able to see jiho and yeon when i wake up but i'd be able to make jiho's life extend. the seven hours operation never seemed so long.

i didn't even know that the next time i wake up, everything would just be so hard to face.

────── ✧ ❅ ✦ ❅ ✧ ──────

nicknote: just to clear things up! i have no formal knowledge abt surgeries so, if there were mistakes in the flow of the story i'm really sorry! but, can someone pls. tell me what is the #btsoutcast thing that's been trending on twt? i'm really clueless.

p.s. (ಥ﹏ಥ) the next chapter is the finale before epilogue. i hope i could pull out the ending i wanted huhuhuhu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 613 17
❝Did you know that one time he said that he loved me? I was so happy that time.❞ ❝Oh really?❞ ❝Yeah. But, obviously, he lied. That fucking bastard...
2.3K 214 45
-"No need to be so controversial, accept me or leave it." A stable voice escaped from his lips. ⚠️ WARNING⚠️ LANGUAGE RAPE FLUFF TORTURE 🥀Started:...
51.5K 1.6K 79
y/n: i regret loving you jungkook: i regret not loving you on first place
198K 11.5K 28
Working at a flower shop had it's own consequences; from knowing what each flower meant.. to working with none other than Jeon Jungkook, the bad boy...