Divergent High: College Life

By annaeliza247

➽Sequel to Divergent High. I suggest that you read the first one before you read this. ➽It's been two years s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
fourty-seven
fourty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
hey guys!

fifty-three

1.3K 25 21
By annaeliza247

I wasn't planning on getting pregnant. We didn't want this yet. I'm not going to say that we're not ready, I'll think Tobias and I will be okay, but we definitely weren't expecting it. I wasn't at all scared of Tobias's reaction to this, I know that he's really happy. He might have been kind of shocked at first, but I think he was ready to start a family when he married me. We were going to wait at least until our one year anniversary, and then talk about it and maybe start trying for a baby.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really, really happy, and I can't wait for the little munchkin to be here. I'm so excited to be a mom, but you know me, I overthink absolutely everything.

And as I keep thinking about this, the tiny human growing inside my stomach, the more I realize this is actually perfect timing for us to have a child. Zeke and Shauna's baby won't be too much older, and neither will my niece and nephew. Sure, Olivia and Jackson will be at least two years older than their cousin, but I don't think that's a very bad gap. And you know, Caleb and Amanda will probably end up having at least one more kid, so whatever happens is fine, I think.

"Are you okay?" Tobias asks, his arm looped around my torso and his head on my chest.

"Huh?" I️ reply, looking up from the article on babies that I️ found (which I actually wasn't reading), and running my fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?" He repeats as he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I️ answer, smiling and nodding slightly.

"Okay," he says. "Are you sure? You seem off."

"Honestly?" Tobias nods. "I'm terrified." He moves so that he's now sitting next to me with his arms around me.

"Hey, me too." Tobias pushes a piece of hair behind my ear as I️ bite my lip. "I'm going to be here with you every step of the way. We can figure it out together." I nod and rest my head on his shoulder as I bring my knees to my chest.

I'm still really anxious, but with Tobias by my side, this doesn't seem quite so scary anymore.

Tobias kisses my temple and I smile, leaning into him.

I made an appointment earlier, to meet with an gynecologist, just to make sure everything is good. That's tomorrow, and I'm super excited.

"You ready for bed?" Tobias asks, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear again. He does that a lot.

"Yeah, I just need to brush my teeth," I reply, starting to sit up.

"Whoa, hold up," he says, moving to the position he was in a few minutes earlier; his hands on my abdomen and his head by my stomach. I giggle as he tickles my sides for a second and lay back down. "Hello in there," he whispers to my stomach.

"Tobias, he hasn't formed ears yet. He can't hear you."

Tobias ignores me, and instead talks to my belly again, "Do you hear the way Mommy talks to me? So rude." I giggle, rolling my eyes at the same time. "Anyway, this is Daddy speaking. I want you to know that Mommy and Daddy love you so, so much."

As Tobias continues to talk to our baby, I catch myself grinning as wide as I can. He presses a kiss to my abdomen, and then another to my lips.

Queenie jumps onto the bed, and rubs against my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I ask the cat, although I know she won't respond.
❁  ❁  ❁  ❁  ❁
My appointment is today, and I think Tobias is more nervous than I am. We're both super excited though.

Tobias grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, as we stop at a red light on the way to the doctors office.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to the clinic. Tobias parks the car, and we head into the building holding hands. He kisses my forehead as we take the elevator up to the seventh story. We walk up to the front desk and the receptionist looks at me expectantly.

"I'm here to see Dr. Stevens at 1:30," I tell her, leaning on the counter.

"Tris Eaton?" She questions.

"That's me," I answer, smiling. I look up at Tobias for a quick second as the lady sets a clipboard on the counter.

"Okay, you're all set. We just need you to fill that out, and once you're done you can bring it back up here."

"Thank you," I say, grabbing the clipboard and walking over to the waiting chairs with Tobias. We sit down and start filling out the sheet. I finish it in a little less than 10 minutes, and when I do, I bring it up to the receptionist and put it on the counter.

Tobias plays with my wedding ring—like I find myself doing all the time—as I rest my head on his shoulder, waiting to be called in.

After what seems like forever (but is really only five minutes), a nurse walks out and calls my name. I stand up with Tobias, and pick up my small purse from the chair on my right. We follow the nurse back into a room, and she introduces herself as Grace. She has me sit on a bed-like thing, and Tobias sit in a chair next to me.

"So Tris, you think you pregnant?" Grace asks.

"Yeah, at least that's what the three pregnancy tests said," I explain.

Grace laughs, "Good answer." Tobias grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine. "Alright, Dr. Stevens should be in here shortly."

"Thank you," I say as she walks out. Tobias stands up and takes a few steps over to me. I peck his lips, and a smile forms on my face as I pull back.

The door opens, and a woman walks in. She walks over to me and extends a hand. "Hi Tris, I'm Dr. Stevens."

"It's nice to meet you," I reply, shaking her hand.

"Tobias," my husband (gah!😍) introduces, shaking Dr. Stevens hand too. He then takes a seat as Dr. Stevens starts hooking some things up to the machine in the corner.

"Okay Tris, why don't you lay back, and lift your shirt up a bit so we can do an ultrasound," she says.

"Okay," I respond, laying down and pulling my shirt up so she can spread the cold and weird jelly on my stomach. I watch the screen as she moves the stick thing all over my stomach, until she stops right above my belly button.

"You see that? The jellybean-looking thing?" I nod, smiling. "That's your baby."

Tobias grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, like he did in the car earlier. Dr. Stevens prints us a few pictures, I know Mom and Dad will want one when we tell them, and so will Evelyn. Dr. Stevens hands me a paper towel, and I wipe all of the jelly off my stomach.

"So do you guys have any questions?" She asks, after giving us the lowdown on this whole process.

"Yeah, just one," Tobias says. "What about sex?" As soon as the words leave his mouth I feel all of the heat in my body rush to my head, and I cover my face.

Dr. Stevens laughs it off. "It's safe, if that's what you're asking. And it can even help things move along quicker when you're in your third trimester." I reveal my face again, although I'm sure it's still beet red. Dr. Stevens leads us out to the waiting room, where I make an appointment for next month.

"It was nice meeting you. I'll see you in a month, and Merry Christmas you two!"

"Merry Christmas!" Tobias and I reply in unison as we walk out of the office. Once the elevator doors close, I punch Tobias in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" He just laughs. I roll my eyes, but place my hands in the side of his face as I kiss him. Tobias puts his hands on my back and pulls me closer.

On the way home, I pull the picture out of my bag and run my fingers over our little bean.

"It's so tiny," Tobias comments, glancing at the photo for a few seconds before focusing on the road again.

"I know," I agree, smiling uncontrollably.
❁  ❁  ❁  ❁  ❁
It's Christmas Day, and Tobias and I just got to Mom and Dad's. Tobias stops and talks to some relatives, but I head straight for the kitchen where my mom is. Gosh, I just want to tell her already. Tobias and I got a present for her and Dad, and the same one for Evelyn. Since Evelyn couldn't make it this year, we're having her open it over FaceTime tonight when Tobias and I get home. We're also going to meet up with all of our friends tomorrow and tell them.

"Hi Momma," I say, giving her a side hug as she's making pickle roll-ups with dill pickles (hence the name), ham, and mayonnaise. I don't usually like these very much, but for whatever reason they sound really yummy right now. I eat one, and another, then another, and two more after that.

"Woah, slow down turbo, save some for other people!" Mom says, moving the plate to the other side of her, in an effort to keep me from eating them (it doesn't work).

"Whatever," I reply, shrugging and eating one more. "Is Caleb here yet?"

"Yeah, they got here five minutes before you did."

"Okay." I leave the kitchen, and find Caleb, Amanda, Olivia, and Jackson all in the living room. Scooping up Jackson from the carpet, I say hi to Caleb and Amanda.

"Auntie Twis!"

"Hi Jax!" I exclaim, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Did you miss me?" Jackson nods, and I smile. I set him down, and Olivia walks over to me. "Livy!" I lift her up, place her on my hip, and tickle her side with my free hand. She giggles and so do I. I put her back on the ground to play with her toys.

Caleb and Amanda both give me hugs, and Tobias comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my torso. I spin around, and snake my arms around his neck to kiss him.

Later, we're all opening presents, and Mom and Dad have the last one. It's just the picture of the ultrasound and a pair of baby hightop converse, but I'm really excited for them to open it. I'm sitting on the arm of the couch with Tobias standing up right behind me.

Mom and Dad rip open the wrapping paper and lift the top off of the box. As soon as Mom sees the picture, she stands, squeals, and makes her way through the big pile of wrapping paper over to Tobias and I. Dad follows close behind, and Mom envelopes me in a tight bear hug, and I laugh.

"Are you really pregnant?" she asks and I nod, smiling. She embraces me again, and then traded me for Tobias, and it's Dad's turn for a hug.

"Congrats Bumble Bea," he says into my ear.

"Thanks Daddy," I reply, tearing up. I wipe my eyes, and then get bombarded with by other happy family members.

I'm so thankful that I met Tobias in high school, and that he's still by my side today. Words can't explain how much I love him. I'm grateful for my family too, who've been there since the very beginning, and for the amazing friends I have that I wouldn't trade for the world.

I am so blessed to have the wonderful life that I do, and I would ask for a different one in a million years.

~End of Book 2
❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁
A/N: okay guys.... it's officially official that I need help😂 I started the office on Wednesday... it's Saturday (ok fine, Sunday) and I'm on season 3 already. Oof. In other news, i wanna ask my crush to Sadie's in like two weeks... and I watched the last Jedi for the second time today, and let me tell you, I am totally here for a ReyxKylo relationship... my mom says I'm crazy but I think it's a real possibility. Ok but srsly I freaking love Kylo, like shit, dude😍 (Theo james and Scott Eastwood and Dylan O'Brien always come ☝🏼 tho)
Alright I love you guys so much!!! Pls keep voting and commenting!🤟🏼💞💗
ps, what do you think of the new covers? I'm personally in love w them...😘
-Аɴɴɑ🌃🐙🛣🦄🌴🌙🥝🏐🏖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.5K 40
They say relationships are hard in this line of work, Agent Tris finds out the hard way. She and her team Uriah, Marlene, Christina, Will, Zeke, Shau...
93.7K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
70K 2.6K 46
Tris is living the life; she is married, has two beautiful children, and works at an marvelous job. Things are going good and fine with her marriage...
836 7 22
This is a story if Tris had had a normal initiation and her and Tobias were able to have a normal life... It is a story about 3-4 years after Tris wa...