The Billionaire's Wife

By WanderingDancer

All Madison Philips wanted was a night in the high life for her 18th Birthday. Penny after penny, she saved u... More

The Billionaire's Wife
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT A CHAPTER UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

9K 202 20
By WanderingDancer

Madison's P.O.V.

"Waitress! Refill please!"

"Comin' up, sir!" I held a plate of pancakes on one hand and the coffee pot on the other. As I went to the man with his mug up, I placed the plate on the table before him, and refilled his mug.

"Thanks, sugar." he winked at me.

"Enjoy your coffee, sir." I grinned, making my way back to the counter. The diner is packed today! More customers, more tips than--

"Madison!" the manager called. Ugh, here we go again with my manager. He never stops reprimanding us even when we do our jobs.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes, faked a smile, and turned around to face him.

"Stop flirting with the customer and get back to work! I'm not paying you to flirt with my customers!" he shouted. No one notices his comment. It was too loud and everyone was busy doing their own stuff. Good thing about a packed diner, no one notices a flaw.

"Yes, boss." I just said and tried not to fight back. I went behind the counter and started cleaning with a wet rug. If it was allowed to yell at him instead of him yelling at me, I would've done it the first day I came into this place.

"Don't listen to the devil's son, Mads." my sister, Megan, stood beside me, also wiping the counter. "And shouldn't you be at school right now?"

"I was supposed to. But our electric bill, and mom's medicines are sky rocket. I want to help!"

Megan and I are working. I am in senior class, Megan didn't attend college just to work. Mom has cancer. I wanted to drop school, but they didn't allow me. Normally, I would go to work after school, but our debts are getting higher and higher, and we don't even have our own place to live in!

"I said I'll do overtime today." she insisted.

"By yourself? No way I am letting that happen." believe me, the last thing I want is another sick member of the family.

*Ding*

"Your order's up, sis." she starts changing the topic. This annoys me so much. I'm just trying not to get it a hold of me.

I pulled up the orders from the kitchen and started serving tables. Eggs and bacon and a stack of pancakes were served for those two students studying for an exam. They were college students and they come here every single day to eat. Such lucky people. They get to eat more than thrice a day. These two eat twice a day here every day except when there's a term break since they get to come home.

Ignoring the reaction of my stomach upon smelling the food I'm serving, I managed to get it to their table with their books opened and the pages filled with highlights. "Exams today?" I asked, serving their plates.

"Oh, don't get me started, Mads. Our professors are crazy!" Bridgette closed the huge book on law with a slam. She had natural curly blonde hair but today she wore it in a bun. She also has these huge glasses on. You might think she's a nerd...well she is but she wore it beautifully.

"Don't worry girls, in a few years I'll see you both still dining here but as lawyers." I said, winking.

"Come on, Mads. We don't want you stuck here in the diner forever." Heidi exclaimed. Heidi was the timid and shy type. Most of the time, she let Bridgette do the talking. She had jet black hair and brown eyes. She looks like a typical girl, but of all girls, never have a fight with her. Her personality suits her future career.

I smiled at them both and mentally thanked them. There are really some people who can be very optimistic even in my state. Well, I have to be grateful. Some experience more unfortunate things than me. "And in those few years' time, I might get you as lawyers if ever I have cases." hopefully I won't.

"Mads, you are beautiful, smart, and so kind. You deserve so much better. We believe in you." Bridgette smiles as Heidi starts digging in her food. "By the way, shouldn't you be in class?"

"Not you guys too?" I whined a bit. It's like they were all shooing me from work. I do understand their perspective though, but I need to really work.

"You need to go to school. It's been paid and you don't even attend classes. We do understand, really, but you really need to think of yourself sometimes too." Heidi was right. I've been too busy to help my family that I tend to forget myself.

"...okay, I'll leave in 15 minutes." I said and both of them clapped with huge grins on their faces. "Thanks, girls. I'll see you later." I said, winking at them both.

"Promise, Madison?" Bridgette was giving me the look of a very hungry bear.

"Promise." I confidently said, but deep inside I was not.

After a round of going to table after table, serving a few more dishes to patrons, and refilling a mug or two, I have not noticed the time. It was beyond 15 minutes. A customer who entered the diner almost an hour ago was seated in one of those tables for four caught my eye. Coffee and the newspaper were his only companions. It was a bit annoying that it was the only order. That was not helping at all. What could I do? Work is work, and even just a penny for a tip is a huge help already.

I went for another round as people wanted their mugs refilled and after all that I might go to the said table to refill that specific cup. I passed by Bridgette and Heidi and they simply didn't notice me. A good thing.

"Weren't you supposed to leave minutes ago?" the customer spoke as I refilled the cup. There wasn't a face since it was covered with the daily paper. Wait what?

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked. This is weird why would anyone else know about this?

The newspaper was laid down flat on the table, revealing the customer's face. "You made a promise to those girls that you'll leave for school, correct?" he was totally eavesdropping a while ago. That is just rude!

"Yes I did." I grinned ever so politely trying to keep my cool, but in reality I felt offended. "With all due respect, sir, I did notice you more than an hour ago and ordered nothing but coffee. Isn't there anything I can get you other than my personal affiliations with those girls?"

For a moment there I felt victorious with what I said, especially when I saw his reaction. He was dumbfounded! Ha! "You have a smart mouth there, miss. Point well taken. And I do not mean to offend you. I thought you forgot of the time passed, so I just reminded you. I did not wish to crow, but I overheard the conversation. If I offended you, then I apologize. And to make you feel better, I will order food." I was just staring blankly at him and gave him a menu. "I wonder why people don't keep their promises anymore." he mumbled but I heard everything.

"Excuse me?" I said, folding my arms over my chest, giving him a pissed look. Is he really going there?

"Scrambled eggs and hash, please. Thanks!" he has that cheeky smile as he gave the menu to me. What a jock!

"I'll be back in a few minutes." I said, and told the cook his order, and I really felt my blood boiling. It is in fact true that I am offended by what he did and said. He was not supposed to listen! That was rude, and not pleasing.

"What's with the sour face? And please don't tell me you're about to explode" Megan asked, wiping the counter.

"Oh, yes I am." I put on a straight face. The bell dings right on time for me to deliver the plate to Mr Jock. I wanted so much to shove his face on his meal really, but I was still nice. And this time, my stomach did not rumble because of the food. It rumbled because of the anger.

"Thanks." he whispers as he handed me his pay. Good thing though. I won't get to return to his table until he asks for a refill.

"Miss!" another customer raised his mug in the air and I gladly went behind the counter because that was where he was seated.

I can't believe that guy!

"You look pretty mad there, miss." the patron commented, but this time I was feeling more calm. "Just let the feeling go." he simply said and smiled before drinking his coffee. I can't help but digest what he had said. "Thanks for the coffee. I hope you have a great day." he smiled again. He handed me his pay and left.

When he left the diner, I looked over his payment since he just walked out. Stupid of me. I unfolded the bill and it was a huge bill not just for a coffee. So I ran outside, hoping that he was still there. But sadly, my luck was pushed too hard today. He was gone. Well, if that was a start, I must get a work on that.

I went to the locker room and changed into my ordinary clothes. I need to get to class by the next ten minutes. I already missed two periods. I shouldn't miss the rest. Grabbing my backpack, I made my way out the diner and to my bike. My boss yelled out my name, but I don't care!

In a flash, I was already in school just two minutes early for the next class. Along my way to class, I ran by some of those perfectly blonde haired princesses in class in their heels, while I was wearing a pair of sneakers my mother used to own. They were staring at my shabby clothes as if I committed a huge crime.

Oh, what I'd do to get away from life for a while. To be a teenager who could live a little, not working for food. To eat three decent meals a day, not leftovers or from a can, or hand me downs. All I want is a single day of living the high life. I dreamed of going to Las Vegas for my 18th. I know, the City of Sin. All I ask is for one single day in my entire life, why not live it all up? I have these jars at home that no one knows of. The last time I had a piggy bank, someone actually had to break it open. All the money in there went to mom's hospital bills. I hate the life we live. I wish things would be better especially for her. She does not deserve this.

Again, I have these jars, and I fill them up with all my tips from the diner. When that man left with handing me a huge bill, I got motivated. Yes, I want to finish school. College will be hell, just knowing the payments and all those, but I didn't care. I need to finish for my mom, my sister, and for myself. One day, we won't be outcasts anymore. We will have a decent place to live in. We'll have three meals a day. We will get mom fully treated, and she will be okay. But first, this Vegas trip. I only had a few months left before my birthday. I haven't counted the tips in those jars, so I have no clue where I am at.

"I haven't seen you in class, Madison." Gigi, my classmate in most of my subjects commented. She is the only person I trust in the entire school. "Is your mom okay?"

"Yeah." I huffed. Letting my bag down, I sat down beside her. "The diner was chaotic this morning. I had to help. There was this guy. He was such a jock, it was annoying!"

She laughed, clapping her hands. "Seriously, Madison. You tell that every single time. What did this one do to you now? Puppy eyes?"

"Hell no. He had his nose in my business, but I handled it well."

"Good." she grinned.

"Good morning class."

=====================================================================================

"Do you want to come by dinner later? Mom cooked again, and she was hoping you and your family would come by today."

I flushed when Gigi brought that up. "No thanks. We have dinner tonight." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't lie to me, Mads." she has her arms folded over her chest, giving me the stare. I hate arguing with her.

"Really, we do. Thanks anyway."

"You know what to do, Mads. I'm just a call away, okay?"

"Sure."

And with that, we separated ways. I went back to he diner as soon as I got out of class. I ran back to the locker room and changed into my uniform and continued the rest of the day and night with my sister. As I turned around to clean a table, my boss was only inches away from me. His humongous stomach bulging out of his pants, his head getting balder by the day, his angry expression that was firing me. It was a nightmare.

"DO THAT SHENANIGAN ONE MORE TIME, MISSY, I WILL HAVE YOU AND YOUR SISTER JOBLESS! DO YOU HEAR ME? IF YOUR MOTHER WASN'T EVEN MY FRIEND, I WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE YOU TWO IN MY DINER! AM I UNDERSTOOD?"

"Yes, sir." I quietly said, looking down on the floor.

"GET BACK TO WORK!" he threw a dirty rag on me and left.

I felt a pair of hands holding my shoulders, knowing it was my sister trying to console me, but I shrugged her away. "I'm fine." I said, not looking at her, making my way to the table I needed to clean wishing that our shift will end.

We went home around past 10 in the evening, and we were surprised to see that mom was still awake in the living room.She should not be staying up late, but now that we always do overtimes, we rarely get to see her awake. We leave the house while she's asleep and come back knowing that she was done for the day. It looked like she wanted to have dinner with us.

My mother's name is Elizabeth. Right now, she's a single mother, and we love it that way. Our used-to-be-father left all of us when mom was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, leaving all us flat. I still remember when he said he would buy some groceries, and he never came back. Knowing that all three of us had survived this long without him, we want it to stay this way. It brought us closer together.

"So, what's for dinner?" Megan asked enthusiastically.

Mom lifted up a plate to reveal our dinner, and it was the usual cold canned pasta. We all cheered and clapped for the dinner we have. This was not only to cheer mom up, but also it was a way of thanks, knowing that we would be eating something heavy tonight. After saying our prayers, we dived in our food. We ate, we laughed, we told about how the day went, it was still a good day.

It was Megan's turn to wash the dishes so I helped mom clear the table. "Mom, remember the nice guy I told you a while ago?"

"Yes, honey. Why?" she said, cleaning the table top.

I reached for my pocket and showed the man's change, and her eyes have gone huge. "All that for a single cup of refillable coffee?!"

I nodded in disbelief also. "This is enough to fill in what's missing for your dialysis this week."

"...no."

"What?"

"It's the money you earned, Madison. You keep it." she said smiling. "Add it to your Vegas Trip fee, sweetheart."

This is how my mother could be kind and stubborn at the same time. "But you need it more than I do!"

"Sweetheart, listen to me." she held my cheek, and my eyes and hers were locked. "You need to fulfill your dreams. I lived my life and I won't be here much long--"

"Mom, don't say that! You will be okay. We won't live like this forever! Who knows, we will have our own house, and a car, a-and you won't be sick anymore!" I had to cut her off, I didn't like where this conversation is going all just because I have the money.

"Madison--" she tried to give me a hug.

"NO!" I screamed and Megan accidentally broke a plate, also breaking our argument. I hurriedly walked over to help her pick up the pieces of broken glass, when I got a cut on my palm causing me to yelp out in pain and let out a few tears fall. Those tears were a mixture of emotions.

"Let me see, Mads." Megan wanted to see my cut when I stood up and went to my room, slamming the door.

THIS IS NOT THE LIFE I WANTED TO LIVE IN!

Just let the feeling go.  

**

Author's Note: hello my loves!!!!! I am soooo sorry. I feel like every single one of you would want to kill me right now, knowing that some are here in the Philippines also, I am trying to hide. Kidding! XD Again, I apologize for going on AWOL on this story, I didn't mean it at all. I was(am) just going through some very tough situations on my personal life. To those who know me an who already do here or not on Wattpad, still the same, but I won't actually use them for excuses. I am so sorry.

Thank you to all my new fans/followers here. You guys don't know how ecstatic I am for you all, for already loving the story. I have never put up a story which had 10,000+ reads, and a lot of diverse comments with only a prologue up, that is amazing! It was a motivation to wake up, really. Also, to the unreplied comments, I did read, and I do read every single one, and never had I experienced those many comments good and bad, so I was a bit hectic on who to answer first. But thank you all so much!!!

VOTE. COMMENT. ADD TO LIBRARY&READING LIST. SHARE ;)

How are you liking it so far??? 

To keep up with me here are my social media accounts:

Instagram - @ iamrhiafelicitas

Twitter&Snapchat - @ rhiafelicitas

I would love to have more friends around the globe! I hope you are doing well, and keep safe!

LoveLots,

WanderingDancer xo

(April 21. 2016)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 1.2K 31
I am Brooklyn Hanna Adams my friends call me Brooke. I had turned 18 when my life turned upside down. In a blink of eye my life changed from a daddie...
129K 5.5K 28
A man keeps reappearing in Demi's life, more than she finds comforting. A beautiful man who saved her best friends life and knows far too much about...
79.3K 2.7K 20
He is handsome and hot. She is pretty and cute. He is a billionaire. She is an orphan. He is arrogant, rude, jerk. She is humble and funny. He is the...
806K 33.3K 55
The dark gloomy day she died, regretting all she never managed to do, she thought would be her last. She never expected to reincarnate into another p...