Closer to You [Michaeng]✔️

By CubChaeng

"I just want to be closer to you but you're ignoring me like I'm nothing." "And I don't want you to get hurt... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[N/A] Please read!
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[Epilogue]
[Special]: Games
[Special]: Tired

[9]

10.4K 351 198
By CubChaeng

-Last Chapter-8
I was curious. Who could it be? Would I want to know? It wouldn't be bad to know but it hurts. A sting. A sting that felt like a paper cut. Why does it hurt? It doesn't hurt a lot like when the person I loved left me but it still hurts. It left a bitter taste to my tounge.

It stung my heart.

Mina stung my heart and it hurt.

::Chapter 9::
<Next Day>
-Third Person POV-

Chaeyoung was whining and Momo kept talking about Nayeon and her team preformance with Mina. It was a normal school day. The two were walking to school and since they were early, both of them decided on taking detours.

"Why do you hate me so much." Momo pouted, crossing her arms and looking away as if fooling Chaeyoung.

"Because you talk so much about the same thing. It's either about jokbal or Nayeon." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, answering Momo's question.

"And my preformance."

"No. You rarely even talk about that."

"Yes I do." Momo raised an eyebrow "And excuse me. I'm sure you like to hear about Mina."

Chaeyoung blushed, covering her face with her arm "Shut up. When did I say that?"

"Your red face when you see Mina? Duh, stupid." Momo snickered, ruffling Chaeyoung's hair which got a grumble from the shorter girl.

-Nayeon's POV-

"Oh my god. For the fifth time I will not help you meet her." I was getting frustrated, the girl beside me has been begging and mumbling about wanting to meet Chou Tzuyu. The really pretty girl in the dance class who's also in the same classes as me. Trust me, if you see Tzuyu, you would melt at her natural beauty.

"Nabongs please!" Her voice raises up a bit but she wasn't angry. Usually she would tease me but now when she needs help, this girl would come running to me.

"I don't even talk to her." I groaned, it was early in the morning and I was still groggy from my 6 hour sleep.

"That doesn't matter. You need to learn how to socialize." She snapped back, holding in a snicker.

"Then why don't you do it!" I shot her a glare, luckily before she could plead for a useless request, I see Momo and Chaeyoung walking towards us.

Thank goodness, she can save me. "Momo!" I called, waving at the her and she smiled, waving back. Ah, she's so cute! I approached the two friends but they both looked behind me, probably seeing the ostrich. "Hi." Chaeyoung greeted, giving me a straight face "Thanks for noticing me." She pouted.

"Aw, sorry. You were to short." I teased earning a glare from Chaeyoung but a laugh from Momo.

"Oh by the way, this is Jeongyeon. Yoo Jeongyeon. She's also part of that TWICE thing." I breezed through that introduction, clearly showing my annoyed mood. "Hi." Jeongyeon smiled.

"Oh you're the girl crush right?" Momo asked, amused to see another 'member' of TWICE. Jeongyeon nodded, a smile displayed on her face before nudging me probably physically asking me about that Tzuyu thing.

"Stop." I grunted, getting both of the girls attention in front of me. Momo raised an eyebrow at the two of us "Everything ok?" Chaeyoung asked, curious.

"Jeongyeon keeps asking-" I was about answer but this ostrich covered my mouth with her hand, telling me to shut up about it. This is why people call us dog and cat. We fight all the time but we're still friends.

"Momo has dance class. She knows Tzuyu." I say, slapping Jeongyeon's hand off my mouth.

"Oh Tzuyu? I know her." Momo smiled, I looked at Jeongyeon to prove my point but she ignored me. She walked towards the dancer and bombarded her with questions about Tzuyu like what she dances to, her favourite songs, her height? Who asks about height?

"Well, looks like we made a new friend." Chaeyoung laughed, walking behind Jeongyeon and Momo. I sighed, groaning a little annoyed about what that ostrich just did.

"Damn I wanted to talk to Momo today." I pouted, pursing my lips. Momo is adorable ok, she's filled with aegyo. How could you not talk to her?

"I sense a crush." Chaeyoung nudged my arm, smirking.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh my god, unnie you're to obvious." Chaeyoung snickered thankfully not catching the attention of the two students in front of us.

"Chaeyoung no." I shot a playful glare at her in which she just laughed at.

"Nayeon has a crush, Nayeon has a-" I cut her off by covering the dwarfs mouth. Chaeyoung's nice but she apparently likes to tease a lot.

"I ship it." Chaeyoung mumbled out before I lightly hit her head.

<Afternoon>
-Chaeyoung's POV-

Momo had after school practice, Nayeon's busy, Jeongyeon's not really close to me yet and Jihyo...same case as Jeongyeon. I'm an introvert, talking to people is hard for me which is why others think I'm arrogant.

I was sitting outside of the university, my hands freezing. Why? I don't know. There were so many things on my mind, it wasn't simple to just go home and watch TV. Specially about Mina.

'I already have someone in my mind.' Her words echoed in my mind, the way Mina phrased that was like she was proud. Proud to announce that she has someone special lurking in her thoughts. 'Why would you even care Chaeyoung.' I thought.

Maybe because curiosity is just getting the best of me but those words, somehow hurt me. Not severely just a pinch. I smiled, it wasn't bright, it was bitter. 'Don't let feelings get involved with this.' I shook my head, frustration clouding me.

"Bad day?" That sweet voice.

"You could say that." I smile, looking up to see the person I expected, Mina. Omo, her smile is so infectious.

She sat beside me, her hands in her pockets. I glanced at Mina but she looked like she didn't want to say anything. "What does it feel like to fall in love." I asked and she looked at me surprised and taken back.

Idiot! Chaeyoung why did you say that!

"I-Well..." Mina was speechless. I was too. I didn't expect that my mouth would even sprout those words but it did. I felt like an idiot, I wanted to run and apologize for being an awkward friend.

"You don't have-"

"Great." She answered.

Great? I didn't say anything, hoping Mina would continue what she said.

"You feel like you're on cloud 9 with that person. Wether they don't know it or not. You'd laugh at their jokes, admire everything about them, appreciate what they give you and you always try to make them happy." Mina smiled, she says this like it's based on experience. It probably is.

"Plus, you would feel so happy." She added.

"Is that what you feel when you're with your special person?" I asked, my face was blank.

Mina looked down, rubbing her nape "Yeah. Technically." I studied her face.

Cute, she's blushing.

"The person you love," I trailed off, the sting in my heart deepened and the pain seemed to have grown stronger "Must be really lucky to be in your mind a lot."

Mina blushed even more at my comment and she looked away, rubbing her hands together "Thanks." She mumbled out, embarassed.

It shouldn't hurt.

I don't want it to hurt.

"If you ever fall in love with someone, they'll be lucky too." Mina chuckled, flashing her gummy smile at me.

Is that smile for me or for the person you love?

"No they aren't." I answered, my voice unintentionally sounded sharp. Mina looked at me, rather than looking concerned she looked confused at my change of mood "What I mean is, I don't think I'll be falling in love with someone any time soon." I hid it with a smile.

Mina hummed "You never know, fate brings different things." She looked at me, with sincerity in her eyes.

You're so beautiful.

She leaned back on the bench, her hands shivering as she blew into it. I smile, finding her small actions cute 'I enjoy my time with you.' My smile grew wider at my thought.

"And different people." Mina added, looking away. Her side profile is so perfectly imperfect.

I looked at her and now it was my turn to answer. My mind wasn't thinking straight, my thoughts were clouded by our early conversation and my small feelings started envelope the way I thought.

Mina, are you that person?

"So someone like you."

::To Be Continued::

Ouuu, Chaeng was bold to say that :3

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 🐧🐯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.3K 45
I never know I would meet someone like you. Are we destined to see each other? Or is it just a new lesson for us to learn? Hi guys! So this is my fir...
138K 4.1K 23
"Why can't you just tell me no? All it will take is that one word to make me let you go. Just say it already! " "I can't say it OK! I can't just say...
47.4K 1.4K 80
"3 2 1. One in a Million. Hello we're TWICE!" Accept requests! A super baby Once making a fan fiction of as a Twice member, something for Once who w...
122K 6.5K 89
Meeting each other randomly in a playground, helping each other in every aspect, but what will happen if one leave? Will she change? Be devastated? W...