My Ninja Way | Naruto | DISCO...

By yukki-kouhai

Noriyuki was part of a clan that had no actual goals, always fighting because they felt it was their duty. No... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
EXTRA 1
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
EXTRA 2
AUTHORS NOTE
UNFINISHED CHAPTER 13
EXPLANATION
Pre-written Scenes

Chapter 4

10.4K 481 332
By yukki-kouhai

Hey guise, I was want to give a great thanks to everyone who had commented so far! I'm so happy that you guy's like Nori and her personality. I was a little worried because this is my first time creating a shy character. But anyways I just wanted to warn you that there will be eventual Naruto x OC because for someone like Nori it would need to be a slow burner.
Also some of you may think this within the next few chapters but this will NOT be a love triangle story, or something like that. I just find with Naruto Love Story's that the characters relationship with Sasuke isn't as strong as it was with how close Naruto and Sakura became with Sasuke so I'm really trying to focus this first little bit on developing Nori and Sasuke's friendship so Nori wouldn't be the only one distant with Sasuke when he leaves.
So yeah, I just wanted to make it clear that Nori and Sasuke won't have any sort of romantic feelings towards each other.

My Ninja Way
"The Country of Waves"

        Nori frowned, staring at herself in the mirror. She had changed her hairstyle a year ago, since her hair was getting too long to keep it in the two buns she used to wear she took out the two buns and cut the long red locks up to her shoulders. Plus, she had saw an older girl who had the same hair style.

      She grabbed her bag from the table beside her before pulling the straps around her waist, clicking it closed. Turning around, she stopped when a piece metal caught her attention.

        The Konoha headband.

      She reached out, grabbing it before looking at the fabric blankly. Her teammates wore their headbands, others would easily see that they were ninja from Konoha. So what was the point of her wearing one? 

        It's not like the headband would save her life. 

        She glanced at the clock, her ice blue eyes widened when she saw the time.

     Bolting it down the stairs, she stumbled once she jumped the last two steps and hit the ground. However, not even a few meters from her apartment she met with dark eyes. Sasuke. She stopped and stared at him for a moment, awkwardly standing there as she avoided his eyes. Then his eyes flickered towards her hand causing her to look down also.

        The headband! She forgot to put it down before she left. She gulped nervously before opening her pouch, quickly shoving the headband in it before taking a few steps forward as she attempted to pass him.

        Only he started walking at the same time, walking beside her as he easily matched her quick pace. Nori blinked in surprise, her face reddening in embarrassment. This was her first time walking anywhere with someone in years.

        From a roof somewhere, a silver haired jounin raised his eye brow seeing the two silently walking together. Well, that was a strange match up. He definietly hadn't expected that. After a few seconds of staring, he jumped from house to house, going in the total opposite direction of Nori and Sasuke.

        Team 7 ended waiting three extra hours.

.

.

.

     "This is Sasuke, arrived at point B."

     "Sakura, arrived at point C."

     "This is Naruto, arrived at point A, dattebayo."

     "..."

     "Nori?"

     "P-Point D..."

     "Naruto, Nori. You're too slow... Okay, 7th unit. The target has moved! After it!"

     After a few moments, the four genin were scattered throughout the trees. All staring at the same target while Kakashi sat lazily in a tree. "What's your distance to the target?" He asked in the speaking device, placing his chin into his palm.

     Naruto narrowed his eyes, "five meters, I'm ready to go, 'ttbayo."

     "I am, too." Sasuke leaned forward slightly.

     Sakura sucked a small breath. "Me, too."

     "..."

     Kakashi sighed softly, lifting the mic to his lips. "Nori? Your distance to the target?"

     Nori fumbled with the mic, using her free hand to lift it to her lips, stuttering out her reply softly. "O-One inch."

    Kakashi yawned, "All right, go!" He ordered but Nori's words registered in his mind and he blinked. "Wait, what?" He jumped down from the tree and when his eyes went to the direction of where the target was, he sweat dropped. Nori sat in the middle of a small clearing. Her hand reached out towards a fat brown cat with a red bow around one of its ears while the rest of team seven's genin surrounded her, ready to grab hold of the cat.

     Nori blinked, flinching when Naruto shot forward as he wrapped his arms around the cat. "I got you!" He screamed. She stood up hesitantly, wondering if she should help Naruto or not when he was attacked. But when she caught sight of Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi all watching silently, she decided to stay back also.

.

.

.

        "Fine, I will give you a C rank mission." Nori looked up in surprise, her wide eyes looking at the Hokage. "It's to escort a certain someone back to the Land of Waves."

        Naruto turned around as he grinned widely. "Really?!" He exclaimed, instantly standing. "A feudal lord? A princess?!"

        The Hokage smiled. "Do get so hasty, I'll introduce him now." He tilted his head up slightly raising his voice a little. "Can you please come in now?"

        The first thing Nori saw when the door slid open was a bottle of sake. Then she saw the old man with graying hair and glasses, "what? They're all kids!" He exclaimed, lifting the bottle to his lips lazily before leaning against the door frame for support. "Hey, is the small one with the stupid face really a ninja?"

        Team seven all glanced at each other when Naruto asked who the small one with the stupid face was before they all lined up, largest to smallest. All going silent when they realized who was the shortest.

        Nori's face went red, lowering her head slightly when she stopped in front of Naruto showing that she was the smallest. Did she have a stupid face? Sakura frowned. "Nori doesn't have a stupid face!" She complained, more like a pretty face. She thought.

        The man rolled his eyes, "not her, I met the boy." He jerked his head towards Naruto.

        Naruto blinked before he raised his fist. "I'm going to kill you!"

        Kakashi grabbed the back of Naruto's orange suit as he easily restrained him. "Hey, you're not suppose to kill the person you're going to be escorting."

        After everyone was calmed down the old man introduced himself. "I am the great bride builder, Tazuna." He smirked. "Once I have returned to my country you will protect my life with yours while I complete the bridge."

        Nori frowned as she silently observed Tazuna's actions. He's lying.

.

.

.

         Nori looked down as they all walked over a small wood bridge with no railings, her eyes trailing over the water flowing through the small stream. She glanced at the others before stopping shortly to stare at her reflection on the water, remembering when the clan leader Naruyuki had sat with her and a few other kids from her clan by a river, his kimono that was different shades of blue floating on the top, the tips of his long white hair swaying around him.

        "Water, it will always be your friend."

        "Nori?"

        Nori blinked, looking up only to find her team mates staring at her in confusion. She quickly stood from her kneeling position before quietly running towards them, avoiding their eyes when she continued to walk in the same place she was before.

        Not long after leaving the stream, Nori saw a small puddle. She slowed down slightly, walking over the puddle slowly to look at her reflection only to let out a small noise when Kakashi yanked on her arm. "Wouldn't want to fall now would we?" He asked, pulling on her arm so she walked in front of him.

        Nori stared at him confused. She hadn't even tripped, or had been close to stumbling.

        Naruto blew out loudly, leaning over to look at Sakura. "I see what you mean now." He said, referring to Sakura's suspicions that Kakashi favored Nori.

        There was a spike of chakra and Nori's eyes widened, spinning around. The first thing she saw was chains before they wrapped around Kakashi and tightened, cutting him into pieces. "First one." Nori lost her breath, her eyes flickered around her when the enemy ninja suddenly disappeared. Out of natural reaction, her hand went to her pouch around her waist, pulling out a kunai.

        She heard the sounds of Naruto and Sakura's yells, gulping down the lump in her throat.

        "Second one."

     Nori swung around, her eyes searching for the person she knew would be wide open. Naruto! She shot forward, reaching out with her kunai uselessly as she attempted to process the whole situation at once, her mind going from Kakashi, to Sakura, Tazuna, Naruto, and--

        She was shoved forward lightly when a hand landed on top of her head before using her to boast themselves into the air, her blue eyes widened when she looked up and found Sasuke flying through the air in Naruto's direction. Before the chains that took Kakashi could wrap around Naruto, Sasuke used a shuriken to pin them to a tree.

        Nori turned around, searching for Sakura and Tazuna so she didn't seen what happened next, but only seconds later one of the ninja were in front of her, heading for them straight on. She wouldn't blank out this time. Her mouth parted in shock when Sakura bravely shot in front of Tazuna, protecting him.

        Nori clenched her teeth lightly, raising her foot as she kicked away the ninja's hand just as she saw a flash of blue and Sasuke and was in front of Sakura. Just as Nori spun around to use her other foot to kick away the ninjas other hand so he wouldn't hit Sasuke, she saw Kakashi flash in front of her and Sasuke, his arm wrapping around the ninja's neck, the other enemy ninja already in his other arm.

        Nori let out a sigh of relief, slumping forward slightly when she realized she wasn't going to die. He's alive.

        "Naruto," Kakashi started. "Sorry for not helping out right away, I didn't think you wouldn't be able to move. Anyway, good job, Sakura. Nice team work Sasuke, Nori." Nori frowned, slightly disappointed. I hadn't done anything, Sasuke only used me as a pillar. She looked up when Naruto yelled Sasuke's name after the young Uchiha teased him.

        "Sasuke!"

        "Naruto!" Kakashi snapped causing Naruto to freeze. "There's poison on these guys nails. We need to take out the poison right away." Nori's eyes widened when her eyes landed on Naruto's bloody hand, and she jumped when Kakashi glanced at her. "You too, Nori." His eyes turned towards her leg.

        Nori blinked in surprise, her eyes going down to see her black tights had three big scratches and there was blood. "W-What?" She asked in shock, when had she been cut? Her eyes narrowed in realization. When she had kicked the ninja's hand away, that's when it probably happened.

        "We have to open up your wounds and leech out the poisoned blood."

        Nori paled. Huh?

        Kakashi nonchalantly turned away. "Don't move too much, you two or the poison will spread faster. By the way, Tazuna-san..." He started causing Tazuna to jump.

        "W-What?" He asked.

        "I need to talk to you."

.

.

.

        Nori stood stiff as a board, her hands frozen as she took in small breaths.

        "These guys are chuunin-class ninja from the Hidden Village of Mist." Kakashi placed his hands on his hips as they all stood around the Hidden Mist ninja who were tied to a tree.

        Nori bit her lip. I don't care, I don't care!

        After a few minutes of talking back and forth, Naruto stabbing himself to get the poison out, and Nori still standing stiff as a board, frost traveling down her fingers to show her emotions running wild, Kakashi finally turned towards her holding up a small flask with liquid.

        "Here." He tossed it towards her and she clumsily caught it.

        "W-Wha--?"

         "It's an antidote." Kakashi cut her off, "I got it from them." He jerked his head towards the Hidden Mist ninja and Nori frowned, raising the flask to look at it herself. What if it was just more poison? As if reading her thoughts, Kakashi spoke up, "don't worry, I used Naruto to test it and see if it was poisoned." He said bluntly.

        Naruto's blue eyes widened. "WHAT?!"

        Sasuke sighed while Sakura's eye twitched. "Yep, Kakashi-sensei definitely favors Nori."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 886 8
~Complete~ ties in with my itachi story, what could have been. The Uchiha Clan and Hyuga Clan come to an agreement that will change the life of Sasuk...
10.3K 406 13
Transported into an alternate reality where everything and everyone is completely different leads Naruto, Sakura and (Y/n) to live a life they didn't...
2.1M 48K 200
This story about y/n Uchiha. Yes, you heard another Uchiha. She lives with her mom and dad. Are best friend with Sasuke since they were one year old...
5.2K 251 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...