THE NERDY GIRL

By Allisonasher

Wren Kingston is your typical nerd. Moved into San Francisco with her parents and Brother. Enrolled in a new... More

👓 Chapter 1-the new girl
👓 Author's note
👓 Chapter 1part 2....the new girl contd
👓 Chapter 2- Part Time Job
👓 Chapter 3 - Busty Blonde
👓 Chapter 4- Conflict
AUTHOR'S NOTE
👓 Chapter 5 - Food Fight
👓 Chapter 6 - I don't do nerds
👓 Chapter 7 - Guilt
👓 Chapter 8 - Mother Nature
👓 Chapter 9 - Tristan's POV
👓 Chapter 10 - A Day off School
👓 Chapter - 11
👓 Chapter 12 - Roadside Jerk
👓 Chapter 13 - The Dolphins
👓 Chapter 14 - Ride by Ryd
👓 Chapter 15 - Fire
👓 Chapter 16 - Heartbreak
👓 Chapter 17 - The Fight
👓 Chapter 18 - Surrounded by Caves
👓 Chapter 20- Achille's heels
👓 Chapter 21 - Rachel's POV
👓 Chapter 22 - School Goddess
👓 Chapter 23 - Princess
👓 Chapter 24 - Nostalgia
👓 Chapter 25 - Official?
👀 Chapter 26 -You're Beautiful
👓 Chapter 27- Creepy Travis
👓 Chapter 28 - Alone
👓 Chapter 29 - Valentine's Day
👓 Chapter 30 - Valentine's day 2
👓 Chapter 31:The After Effect
👓 Chapter 32 : Something new.
👓 Chapter 33: College dreams
Chapter 34 : The Show
👓 Chapter 35: Sisters?
👓 Chapter 36 : Dreams and brothers.
Chapter 37: Makeup and goodbyes

👓 Chapter 19 - History

681 43 4
By Allisonasher

She released her from the hug. She was still surprised about everything that just went on.

''Esther! You look beautiful now! And all grown up!" she exclaimed while wren stared at her in confusion.

"come on, have you had anything to eat?'' she asked

"N..no, I haven't... but I'm fine." She stammered, feeling nervous.

"You have to lighten up your mood. You don't have to feel nervous around me. You're a sweet sweet girl and I like you a lot."

Hmm..that's strange...

The lady was friendly and warm, not wanting to hear anything from her. "Come with me" Mariella said, leading her the largest dinning room she had ever seen.

The table was made with mahogany with a shiny finishing.it was high with strong sturdy seats. She was amazed at how large and beautiful the dinning was. She felt like she was in heaven. Everything looked so expensive, she was scared of touching anything.

"go ahead and sit" Mariella told her and she obeyed, carefully.

"So... how's your school and stay here?" she asked once again.

"Uhm... school's fine, It has been good so far"

"Mhh.. you have no trouble adjusting?" She asked

"Not really"

Just then, the food was served. Wren had to fight the urge to moan loudly. Different delicacies that would serve her a long life time. The looks of the food was so tempting.

"My mom... she forgot some of her things here before going home earlier" Wren went straight to the point, explaining to Mariella why she was here in the first place. Mariella seemed to be enjoying Wren's company.

"Yes, I noticed her absence. She was wit me a couple of hours ago and now I can't find her anywhere... and suddenly you're here! You can take her place and keep me company."

"Huh?" she gulped

"Yessss" she nodded to the teenager "So, why's your mom away? She could've told me about it, but she didn't. what happened? Im sure you know"

"Not really, I guessed she's not fine" Wren immediately regretted her statement when it rolled off her tongue and she mentally slapped herself.

"She's not fine? Oh dear lord...She didn't tell me! How is she now? Is she in the hospital or something?" She panicked, sounding just like Mona. And unconsciously, the action she displayed earlier today flashed her mind. And she mentally smiled. It seemed like Mariella was that close to her mother like she was to Mona. But how did they close in such a short period? They've been in San Francisco for only a month. Looks of concern flushed Mariella's face.

"No, no. I think she's getting better. If she was that ill, she would've told you right?"

"Yeah, right" she heaved a sigh of relief and Wren prayed she didn't continue with her questioning, she wasn't a good liar.

Mariella wondered what she would do without Lisa, having been apart from

her for eleven years now. She was so glad she found her again and wasn't ready to lose her, ever again. She didn't even believe she would ever see her again. Just after when all hopes were lost, Lisa was here with her. Her bestfriend...

"Uhm... ma'am?"

"Oh,dear. Just call me Ella. I'm fine with it." She gave a tight smile.

"Okay, Ella?" It was awkward for her to refer to her boss by her first name, worse still, seeing her rank in the social status... she still couldn't believe she was speaking informally and in dinning with one of the richest women in America, apparently the whole world! she shivered at the thought of it all.

"Yes, honey"

"Are you that close to my mother?" her curiosity wouldn't let her be quiet.

"Your mother didn't tell you about this?" Ella asked, surprised. ''Yes, we've been friends for ages! and we share a good number of memories together" she smiled, remembering all the events they had together, and she smiled again in nostalgia. "You look so much like her, the alluring blue eyes, cheerfulness she never wore specs though'' she added and they both laughed.

''She was the most sought after by boys then... she had really pretty eyes and was sexy as hell..forgive me for the language..but she turned most of them down. She loved summer camps and went for most of them together , that was where she met her first boyfriend.. I hated camps and their food was gross. your mom, made me go for camps and she had the sweetest soul, most times, I couldn't help but be jealous. Your dad was the luckiest man on earth to have married her" Mariella smiled.

Wren had a hard time to process this all she couldn't have imagined that her mother was this model during her young age.a part of her smiled as her mother's life long best friend described her. Her mother didn't just strike her as the heart breaker, she always seemed to be kind, and looked like she could handle situations quite well. Mariella looked like she knew her father while they were young and decided to ask. the story was too interesting to be cut short.

"Did you know my dad before he married my mother? " she asked ,eager to dig deep into her parents' young love life. You can't blame her, this was juicy.

"Of course, Ash has always been our friend. He always had eyes for Lisa, but she was oblivious of everything. Ash was always shy and couldn't summon courage to tell your mom how he felt. But was always jealous whenever guys came around her. I knew about it, but it wasn't my call to make. He settled to being an imaginary writer and dropped letters in Lisa's locker, sometimes I helped him, it was so hilarious! " she laughed in nostalgia. And Wren laughed internally. Her parents lovelife was quite interesting.

"It took him years to finally tell her about all... Years later, they got married and here you are! Beautiful as ever. "

Mariella held the biggest grin one could ever have. Although there was a little more to the story, like why she wasn't together with her best friends... But it wasn't a story she could tell. Wren looked thrilled to have heard a story about her parents.

"Mhh.. That explains why you know my Jewish name "

"Yeah, also because you were named after my mom. She does the same year you were born. And Lisa was really close to her. I was never Jewish though, my dad wasn't. This was the one thing Lisa couldn't talk me into. "
She saw the look on Wren's face and almost regretted saying it.

"I'm so sorry. Mom never told me about it. I'll come to treasure that name forever."

"Yes, baby " she replied
"I could get you some of our old pictures. " At that , she left the huge dinning room to Wren, who was busy with her food.

She was actually happy with Ella. She was really close to her mom, and held beautiful memories with her. That should be why she got a job at Cindy's.
Really impressive...

She smiled to herself, she had unravelled mystery one.. How she got to work at Cindy's.

She cut a piece of chicken and shoved into her mouth as she ate. Greedily.. Having a taste of everything before her. Opportunities like this don't always come... And she wished Travis was here with her and she loved sharing her happy moments with him.

She soon became tired of eating, and no househelp was here. She packed the dishes and started looking for the kitchen. Since Mariella wasn't coming.

She was very rich and popular, Wren thought she was either attending to a business call, an international call, or speaking with the president of the US. Yeah, that was how influential they were. She still couldn't find her way to the kitchen, and it looked like all the house help were engaged, and it was suspicious. After about fifteen minutes, she found the kitchen and proceeded to wash the dishes.. Luckily, there was a dishwasher, making it all easier.

"I told you mom. It wasn't really my fault!"

She heard a familiar. Then she heard footsteps walking towards the kitchen. It was Tristan! And she knew she had to hide herself before he came in. There was no freaking way he could see her in his kitchen. Immediately she hid herself carefully.

Immediately, he walked in and went straight to the refrigerator. He was only wearing a denim short and hung his shirt over his shoulder. The sight of his well built body with pronounced abs and muscles made her a little uncomfortable. His body was to die for.... But she was still pissed at him for today's event. He was really something else.

The position she was in was really uncomfortable and she almost cried for release... He wasn't moving! It looked like he was knowingly tormenting her. He was good at that, though...

.....and nothing

Sorry for the late update...
I really can't promise it'll get any better
I get really tight schedule and I have to cough out time to do this. I'm really sorry.. Very very sorry...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 240 36
"My name is Tara Kingston, and let's face it: I'm better than you." Tara was not a nice girl. In fact, she was quite the opposite. She had friends on...
272K 7K 37
Everybody knowsthe cliche where the bad boy/Mr. Popular falls in love with the geek. But does it also work the other way around? Meet Angie. She is t...
2.3K 243 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
5.4K 163 28
OMG YOU GUYS THIS HAS 1K READS!!!! That may not seem like a big deal to some, but it is for me! I almost screamed when I saw how many people really l...