HE'S MINE → JASON MCCANN

By KElizabeth

→ SEQUEL TO SHE'S MINE BOOK TWO → "Are you aware that you were kidnapped by Jason McCann?" The detective asks... More

00:00
00:01
00:02
00:03
00:04
00:05
00:06
00:07
00:08
00:09
00:10
00:11
00:12
Setting: The Arc
00:13
00:14
00:15
00:17
00:18
00:19
00:20
00:21
→ Youtube/Opinion
UPDATE

00:16

18.9K 892 517
By KElizabeth

A/N: I suck. I know. Enjoy this chapter though.

TRIGGER WARNING//:
I just want to warn my readers that there's references to guns & gun-firing through out this chapter. I try not to be graphic, but theme and plot of my story makes it hard sometimes.

Characters:
Tyler Posey plays Matt Grey
Max Irons plays Grayson Harp
Dylan Obrien plays Josh Vincent

Lotus (Zayn's girlfriend)
Cara (Matt's Girlfriend)
Eleanor (Grayson's girlfriend)

Chapter sixteen|
Y o u r p o v

Everything is red, the blaring sirens echoes through my ears. My head starts to spin, my mind feels like it's on the verge of exploding. I officially feel overwhelmed by everything leading up to this moment.

"Code: red." A voice speaks from the speaker of the building.

Code red? My eyes furrow,

Breach. They must have found the dead body in the elevator.

"We have ten minutes to get out of here." Lo says, while eyeing both of us reluctantly.

Ten freaking minutes. How did we lose so much time? We spent too much time  embracing & reminiscing.

The room suddenly turns black momentarily, then the lights flicker back on.

Its now or never. I look over at Jason. "It's either you're staying or coming with us." I say, somewhat scared of his response. From the way he's been acting, He'll probably decide to stay here for all I know. If he does that, I will completely be done with pursuing him. I feel like I've been doing this for months now. I'm emotionally & physically tired of chasing someone that doesn't want to be with me.

Jason agreeing to come with us, only means that he wants to be with me because it's convenient. If he really wanted to be with me, he would've never turned himself in the first place. Why do all of this, just to end up being with me again? Doesn't make sense.

I hold my tongue.

He watches me closely before peeling off his shirt. My eyes scan over the bruises that litters  his body. Are those whip marks? I had to look away. It pains me to see him like this. The fact that someone did this to him for satisfaction is revolting. The fact that the someone who did this to him is still alive is revolting. This is what he thinks he deserves to endure everyday? That's crazy to even imagine. I watch as he pulls the nurse top over his head, it's like he's physically in pain.

I turn around, keeping my mouth shut once again.

"What happened before we got here?" Lo asks, noticing how he struggled to put the shirt on.

"I got questioned."

"Did they t-touch you?" I asked, his eyes flicker to me. I try to mask the pain and irritation that's laced in my voice. At this point, I can't keep my mouth shut. I'm curious, how often do these people come in here & "question" him?

"I'm fine." He says defensively.

You're not.

I stare at him momentarily, thinking about how life would be if we make it out of this place alive. Can Jason & I start back from where we left off? Can we pretend like none of this ever happened? Like he didn't walk out of my life—not one but two times? Can we move on? I wish I was an optimistic person, however; I know this place has had a toll on him. As much as he likes to pretend he's ok—no one can tolerate such as abuse physically & mentally and simply be fine.

I pull out a handgun, walking over to him. He eyes me closely. He reluctantly takes it from my hand. I guess he never imagined that I'd ever be handing him a gun. The roles have reversed—but only for tonight. Sadly, I'm not the same person he fell in love with years ago. People change, grow, evolve for the worst or better. Hopefully he's able to look past that and love me for who I become. I was able to.

Once he's done getting fully dressed, I use the badge to scan the cell door open. The halls are quiet—too quiet. If we get out of here alive, it would honestly be a miracle. Apart of me is disregarding my life, just to get Jason out of here. I have come to a point where I've stopped worrying about living. I'm simply in the moment, knowing at any minute I could come face to face with Death.

"Are we still linking up?" I ask, hoping that Zayn or Matt is on the line. I forgot I had my ear piece in. How much of our conversation did they hear? The original plan was after we get Jason out of his cell, we'd meet up with Zayn & Matt. But since we have less than 1o minutes to be on the opposite of this building, everything suddenly changes.

"No. Just try to get out of there. Now." Matt says. His words sends shivers down my spine. We quicken our pace down the hall. We were able to move swiftly, without being heard because the place became noisy all of a sudden. At a certain time of the night, the building starts to become "alive". Zayn was right, the perfect time to do illegal activity is at night.

"Hey! You!" A loud voice is heard behind us. I turn back, noticing Jason is already aiming at the guard. He quickly pulls the trigger, shooting the guard in the chest. His body drops to floor, but he wastes no time fumbling for his walkie-talkie. Even when they're on the verge of death, they still use their last bit of life to ensure the wellbeing of this sick place. I stop running, walking up to his body, grabbing the device from his belt. Lotus is far ahead, but Jason had slowed down his pace in order to wait for me.

We take a sharp turn down a hallway, eventually catching up to Lo.

"Since this place is under breach. I don't think we will be able to use the elevator to get to the first floor easily." Lo says, while trying to catch her breath. She leans on the wall, running her fingers through her hair.

It's only a matter of time till they have every single guard chasing after our asses around this building.

"So you're suggesting the stairs." I ask dramatically. She can't be serious.

"Lo, we're on the highest floor. We'd never make it." Jason says, highlighting the obvious.

"If we get in an elevator, there are going to be tons of guards waiting for us on the opposite side." Lo says.

Great.

"We'll use the elevator to get to the 20th floor. Locate the staircase on that floor. Then use it until we've reach the first floor. Then use the back exit to get out of here." I suggest. There's no way we'd make it out of this place alive—with Jason, running down forty flights of stairs.

I study both of their faces, searching for any sort of agreement. They both send me reluctant expressions and I use that as confirmation.

I place my badge over the censor, allowing us to enter the elevator.

Lotus presses the button with the number twenty embedded on it. I lean on the wall, watching us the number quickly drop. I rest my hand on the railing, feeling somewhat dejected. Who convinced me that it'd be a good idea for me to be inside this building? Do I actually know what I'm doing? If everyone doesn't make it out of here alive, it'd be my fault. This is my plan. If something happens to Jason, I'd never forgive myself. If something happens to Lotus, Zayn would never forgive me.

But what about me?

"Are you ok?"

"Blink once for yes and twice for no." Zayn asks, softly. I look over at Lotus, realizing that I am the only that can hear his voice. I crack a smile, I'm surprised that he's able to joke during a situation like this. It actually halted me from my self deprecating thoughts. Over the past months, Zayn has saved my thoughts  from running wild. He saved me from my over thinking. I look up at the camera in the corner of the elevator. I roll my eyes and blink three times.

"That wasn't an option."

I shrug.

Z a y n  p o v

My eyes anxiously focus on the surveillance screen in front of me. We have tabs on the surveillance in every elevator & in almost all the hallways. That access will be denied in 15 minutes because they reset their surveillance system frequently. They do this to avoid people like us from hacking their shit. I thought about telling Lo or Y/n about this, but I didn't want to stress them out even more. I can tell by
Y/n's face that this whole situation is having a toll on her. Lotus is use to doing reckless shit like this—but this is Y/n's first time entering a building and leaving her life at the door.

My eyes notice the awkward silence and distance between Jason and Y/n. This wasn't the interaction I imagined between the two of them. Apart of me wants to say something—but it's none of my business to get involved.

I hear the truck door open, and feel someone peering behind me.

"Do you think they'll make it out alive?" Grayson asks. I rub my eyes with my hands, sighing deeply.

"Yes." I say. Honestly?

"We should've gone in there. All of us would've been in Tokyo by now." He scoffs. I roll my eyes, not in the mood for his radical rants. Maybe so, but this isn't our "mission".

"In her head, she's the reason he's in there; so she can get him out." I say, still focusing on the screen. Matt enters, sitting directly beside me. He places a Red Bull in front of me, and I waste no time drinking its contents.

"So you're saying he wouldn't have left with us—but he'd leave for her?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Sounds fucked up, but that's the smartest thing you've ever said." I say. I shrug, pretending not to feel somewhat hurt by that predicament.

"Love can do something to you, especially if you believe you are undeserving of it." Matt says, while looking at both of us.

Spot on.

"Why kidnap her then?" Grayson asks. "He could've became a "better" person first, then kidnap her." He continues. Oh Grayson.

"Did you?"

"Did I..?"

"Did you wait to become the person Eleanor deserved before taking her against her will?" I ask, waiting for a response. Grayson thinks he's a fucking mastermind, who comes up with solutions. It's not that easy. I know when I kidnapped Lotus, I wasn't where I wanted to be—but she helped me grow into the person I wanted to be. She didn't have to fix me, she didn't have to wave her wand & magically save me—all she needed to do was be there for me.

"The answer is no." I say, while sighing. I feel my eyes getting heavy and I take another sip of my energy drink.

"You'd choose Eleanor over us any day. And I'd choose Cara over you fools any day." Matt says, eyeing us both. I don't know at what point in time, bros before hoes ceased to exist. None of our girls are hoes but back then—those were the females we were entertaining. The kind of females that wanted to have fun & didn't expect anything back in return—like feelings and commitment. We didn't know how to reciprocate the two foundations of a relationship then. Times have definitely changed.

"What happened to not letting females tear us apart?" Grayson asks, feeling somewhat  defeated by our point.

"We have to grow up eventually."

I focus my attention back to the screen, noticing an unexpected gesture.

Y o u r  p o v

I'm not very good at concealing my emotions and Zayn probably recognized that through my facial expression. I still haven't mastered my poker face. I haven't heard his voice in a while, simply hearing it brought me relief. He always manages to check in on me—just to see if I'm still sane, while in a area surrounded by people. Jason use to be this person. Things between me and Jason feels uncomfortable. It's almost like we don't even know how to talk to each other. Which makes sense. Look at the circumstances we are under right now.

I suddenly feel warmth take over my cold hand. I look over, noticing it's his hand. My eyes travel up to his face, noticing that his head was rested on the wall with his eyes closed. I know that if I try to close my eyes, I would not be able to open them. Not because I'm tired—but because the sudden aura of comfort will seep in. Not being able to see anything—not knowing where I am. Imagining myself somewhere safe, relaxing. That's a form of comfort I don't need to feel right now. Would I ever be safe after leaving this place?

Once the elevator suddenly opens, Jason pulls his hand away. My hand and body once again became cold.

We exit the elevator, following close behind Lotus. By this moment, everything became a blur. The chaos of gunshots and bullets colliding onto the floor are muted. I lift my gun aiming at any officer that's aiming there gun at me. The difference is I'm actually pulling on the trigger. The nurses are cowering behind desks, equipment—their offices. They push each other away, in disregard of each other's life's. Everyone is trying to hide and stay away from the line of fire, not worrying about who gets hurt in the process. Is this humanity?

Suddenly I feel my body being pulled up against a corner. Jason is standing in front of me, quickly adding ammunition to his gun. Everything starts to become a reality. The sound of the guns going off, blares through my ear. Is this the life of a criminal? Jason peers over the corner, shooting his gun at anyone trying to shoot us. I try to move to help, but he holds me in place.

"What are you doing?"  I ask, studying his face.

"Stay here."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." He says, peering over the corner again, firing his gun. If this entire wall wasn't here, we'd be dead already. I've always watched scenes like this on TV, but I never imagined myself having to live through it. Scenes like this appeared badass on TV. Experiencing it live and in-action makes it seem more traumatizing. "The whole purpose of going through all this is to get you out." I say, frustratingly. He can't treat me like I'm some sheltered child. I try to move from his grasp, but he blocks me. My eyes land on Lotus, who is on the opposite side of the wall, firing shots.

"I'm out. Now it's my turn to protect you." He says. That's not how this works. He suddenly hands me his gun,

"Reload this."

Ok—See this is what we're not going to do.

I reluctantly grab the gun from his hand, refilling it with ammunition. He swiftly grabs it, firing shots on the opposite side of the wall.  He can't actually be serious. After all this time, he finally wants to protect me. Where was this energy a couple of months ago? Lotus raises her hand, signaling Jason to stop shooting because she had a better view of what's going on. She slowly gets up, walking around the wall. The area is quiet except for a few whimpers heard from some of the nurses.

"Can I move now?" I whisper to him.

He pulls away, following behind Lotus.

I walk in the center of the floor, noticing a few bodies of the guard's on the ground. Groups of nurses are scrambled behind desks, equipments—anything that can shield them. I swallow down hard, feeling an uncomfortable puncture in my skin. I look down slowly, noticing the blood seeping through the scrub pants, quickly spreading.

"They're scared." Lo says.

"They weren't scared when they choose to come to work this morning." I say, watching them with resentment. Who would want to work at a place like this? I wonder what they lie and tell locals their real job is.

Lotus quickly fires her gun when she recognizes a guard, creeping behind one of the nurses. The nurses screams loudly, clutching her hands over her mouth. Her body is shaking, I even hear a few cries from others. "Do you guys enjoy your jobs?" I ask, not really needing or wanting a response. I walk around, watching the "innocent" cower as their eyes stare at the gun in my hand. They actually fear me. I've never had people actually fear me. "Do you like testing on animals or humans?" I ask, one of them specifically. They swallow down hard, avoiding direct eye contact.

I aim my gun at him. What am I doing?

Jason walks up behind me. "We have to go." He says, aiming the gun down.

"How much do they pay you to do what you do? Hundred of thousands right?" I ask again, ignoring him. I cock the gun, which causes the man to jump. Why so scared now? The same man that boasted about killing Jason with his bare hands is suddenly afraid now. Must be the gun. I don't blame him, Jason's name is tarnished. He's done bad things, that's all people know. So I expect them to hate him.

I faintly hear a voice from the walkie-talkie I stole from one of the previous guards Jason killed. I pull it out of my pocket, trying to make sense of the buttons on it.

"We're sending back up. I repeat we're sending back up." It echoes repeatedly.

"We have to go." He says, tugging on my arm. We run down the hall, stepping over a few bodies in order to get to the staircase. Lotus finally locates the large doors, that lead to forty flights of stairs. She tries opening the door, but it's locked. I use my badge to scan it against the censor & it magically clicked. She swings the door open, holding it for both Jason & I. I look look over the railing, noticing a never ending drop to the first floor. I start to feel anxious. Out of every moment leading up to this, my mind decides to use this one to freak out. Not even when I was literally having bullets flying towards me.

Jason pushes his body against me, urging me to walk down the stairs. I reluctantly start running down the stairs. The words of the guard from earlier echoes throughout my mind: "They're gonna find you. Once they do, they'll burn your body." I don't doubt for one second what he said. I'm sure they have a chamber filled with the bodies of people who attempted to break into this place. As I'm running down the stairs, my eyes begin to blur. I keep blinking, trying to clear my vision but it was no use. I run down the stairs following close behind Lotus. My eyes travel on the black number plastered on the wall, which signifies the floor level we are on.

Although it doesn't feel like we are moving, I feel relief once my eyes land on the number 15.  I start to hear running above us faintly. I notice that Jason hears it too, causing him to grip his gun tightly. The lights suddenly shut off and a blaring siren noise echoes throughout the entire building. We keep running down the stairs, although we know that we are being chased.

My legs start to hurt where a bullet potentially grazed against my skin. Why am I the one always get hurt? The constant movement of my leg, causes the area to get more sore and irritated. The sudden pain causes my leg to give out. I trip, but before I can fall to the ground, Jason pulls me up. His eyes widen once he recognizes the blood on my pants. He knows that there is nothing that he can do or say but just run.

"Where are you guys?" Lotus asks, hoping from an answering from either Matt or Zayn. My eyes scan across the number 5. We are on the fifth floor. A rush of relief took over my body. I actually had faith that we can get out of this place. We ran down ten flights of stairs in under ten minutes. Your fave can never.

"There's going to be a black SUV waiting right behind the back entrance. The faster you guys get here, the faster we can get rid of them." Zayn says, I sensed insecurity in his voice.

Well damn. We're running as fast as we can.

The constant running, lack of breath, sweat dripping down my face, heart beating rapidly, pain in my leg, loud sirens, pounding headache is enough to drive anyone crazy. I try to tell myself to breath slowly, while still concentrating on getting out of this place. Lotus places a tear gas grenade on the ground,  urging us to go ahead of her. In order for us to not get affected by the gas, we must actually get out of this staircase.

Once we reach to the second floor, I stop by the door for this level and unlock it using the stolen badge. If the guards end up catching up to us, they'll get side tracked by the door, believing we got off at the second floor and not the first. I want to confuse them.

I quickly run down the steps as the footsteps from above start to sound more clear. I hear a couple of groans and profanities up the stair case, indicating that Lo's trap worked.

A rush of relief takes over my body again, but this time it doesn't disappear. Jason is standing by the door, his face is now fully visible. He holds the door open, reaching out for my hand. My head looks at the number 1 by the side of the door. We actually made it—we are actually getting out of this place. My entire body feels exhausted, my head feels lightheaded. How do people do shit like this for a living?

The smoke from the tear gas is finally catching up to me, I quickly reach out for his hand. He pulls me out of the building, and into his arms. I rest my head onto his chest, while he walks us both into the SUV.

As soon as we fully enter the car, it speeds off.

Are we out of the woods yet?

A/N: Hiiii. How is everyone??! I didn't necessarily leave it at a cliffhanger this time. No one dies...YET. Hope I'm not spoiling anything but the next chapter is going to consist of a high speed chase. 👀 Don't forget to comment 🗣 & vote ⭐️ ONLY if you enjoyed the chapter. Comment how bad I am at updating lol. Ask questions if you're confused on the plot, and share my stories ! 😊

As promised, I made a playlist filled with songs you recommended that reminded you of the "She's Mine." series. Feel free to always comment songs on upcoming chapters because I'll always add songs to the playlist.

The playlist is on Spotify. My username is @kxkxn and the playlist is called "BOOK PLAYLIST". If you enjoy my taste in music you can listen to my other playlists. If you listen to music on Apple Music (8 tracks) or any other apps, I can try to make playlists on there too. Thank you for reading. ❤️

Instagram: kiraanich
Spotify: kxkxn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 90.1K 63
Jason "The Devil" McCann was an Absidian. Juliet Rayne Bieber was a Hekoran. How does the trouble making, evil, and soldier race get mated with the p...
113K 2.6K 30
"Come on baby, breathe." A soft voice mumbles in my neck as i try to wiggle out of his grip. I can't hold my breath any longer, my body forcing me to...
147K 5.3K 36
I've been a good kid all my life and I had everything; - Popularity in school - Good grades - Great family and friends, It was perfect! Unt...
121 1 11
I love but I hate you too I saw everything I saw the look in your eye it's ironic though you're the one that messed up cause when you screwed him you...