Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

III.XIII

1.5K 54 85
By W1LDCH1LD

Baby, I'll do anything you want

Setting: Yeezy Design Studio, New York, NY

"Power" by Kanye West played over the loud speaker in the studio as models scrambled to finish getting ready to walk in Kanye's fashion show, which was kicking off 2018 fashion week. Demi was surprisingly calm as Cesar continued to take the extensions out of her hair so that she could wear her natural hair that brushed a little past her shoulders. She was wearing it all sleeked back with a slight wave to it while everyone else was wearing various updos. She was supposed to stand out a bit since according to Kanye, she was an important part of the show. She didn't really know what that meant but she just went with it. This was her first time walking in Fashion Week and Kanye had been doing this way longer than her. He clearly knew what he was doing.

"Special delivery!" Kelsey squealed as she came running into the room with a huge vase of pink and white roses. Demi grinned as Kelsey set the vase down on the counter – much to Cesar's annoyance – and then pulled the card out for Demi to read.

"Ma cherie, I would wish you luck on your very first show but you don't need it. Can't wait to see you light up the runway. Je t'aime, Cristo," Demi read as Kelsey dreamily sighed.

"Are you sure that Cristo's an only child?" Kelsey questioned as she bit down on her lap, causing Demi to giggle as she nodded her head. "And he really can't make it today?"

"No, he has obligations in Paris and I told him to take care of those and not worry about today. It's no big deal. I mean, I kind of got this job because of nepotism anyway so..." Demi trailed off as Kelsey lightly slapped her shoulder.

"Pretty sure you got this job because you're Demi fucking Lovato and you're amazing." She could always count on Kelsey to hype her up. The song changed to "Jesus Walks" as Kanye began to walk around the room for final checkups.

"Demi, here's your outfit. If you need help, ask for Masha and nobody else," Kanye instructed, passing the garment bag to Kelsey before looking over her hair and makeup. "You look great, see you out there." He flashed her what looked like a semblance of a smile and then he was off to the next model. Kelsey unzipped the bag and the first thing she saw was a potent red sweater with rips in it. Everyone else was wearing various nudes and pastels so she was a little confused but she just went with it.

The setup for Kanye's Yeezy Season Six show was similar to his set ups from previous years. Models walking out in lines then staying up to create some elaborate formation while up close shots of them showed on giant screens hanging above the runway. Demi was literally the last one to walk out before Kanye came out and her palms wouldn't stop sweating. Kelsey had to keep wiping her hands with cooling baby wipes in an attempt to calm her down. She was trying not to tug at her clothes, which is what she usually did when she was nervous, but as more and more models walked out and her time was approaching, she was literally starting to hyperventilate.

"Hey, just do it as we practiced. You don't even have to walk all the way to the end of the runway. Just get to the platform, stand still, and put on that resting bitch face of yours. That's it," Kanye coached, causing Demi to nod. The last line of models went out and as soon as they were in their positions, the music cut off and the lights went down.

"Your turn..."

Someone gave her a little push, and once she was at the entrance of the runway, "Flashing Lights" came on and bright spotlights began to flash. Someone gave her one more push and next thing she knew she was strutting down the runway like she was on autopilot, until she reached the turning platform right in the middle and stood on it, placing one hand on her hip as the platform slowly turned and everyone began to cheer. Demi wanted to smile but she knew that she couldn't so she held in whatever she was feeling, but she wished that Cristo was here to witness this.

Kanye came out, thanked everyone for coming, and suddenly it was over. He helped her off of the platform and led her backstage and as soon as they were out of sight of the crowd, Demi released a deep breath, causing her entire body to relax as some of Kanye's colleagues started filtering backstage to congratulate him. The after party was actually being held backstage but Demi really wasn't in the mood to party. She kind of just wanted to go to bed, but 5 am call times could do that to a girl.

"I feel like I say this a lot but you looked so good, Demi!" Kendall gushed as the Kardashian/Jenner clan came backstage. Kim, North, and Saint went straight to Kanye but Kendall had come up to her first.

"Thank you. Still not as good as you though," Demi giggled as Kendall shrugged.

"You'll get there one day," she teased as Demi rolled her eyes. "I have something for you. Or should I say someone?"

Cristo stepped out from behind Kendall and Demi let out an uncharacteristic squeal as she launched herself into his arms.

"I thought you weren't coming?"

"And miss your first time in Fashion Week? You think so little of me, ma cherie," he playfully accused as Demi shook her head.

"No, I don't but you were so adamant that you had things to do that I really wasn't expecting to see you here."

"That's the magic of a surprise," Cristo chuckled, leaning down to kiss her as Demi wrapped her hands around his biceps.

"Why don't we get out of here and go back to my place?" Cristo suggested as Demi eagerly nodded, tugging her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"I would love that."

Setting: Lotte New York Palace Hotel, New York, NY

The one thing that could ruin a mood like no other was the sound of that signature iPhone ringtone. Cristo clearly ignored it as he continued to kiss her like they were never going to run out of her breath, kissing her like this was their last time together, but he always kissed her like that, especially when they were making love. Demi dropped her head into his neck and released a strangled moaned as he used his strength to flip them over and continued his long and deep strokes, making her insides clench as the knot inside of her stomach twisted and she pulled him in for another kiss.

Cristo speaking French always did it for her, and once he whispered, "I love you" in her ear, that was enough for the coil in her stomach to snap, his name leaving her lips in short pants as he rode out their climaxes together before pulling her close so that they were resting on their sides. And still, after all of that, the only thing that Demi could focus on was the sound of her phone ringing.

"I love you too," Demi panted as she tried to catch her breath. Cristo captured her lips in another kiss, their lips moving together before he ran his tongue across the seam of her lips, causing her to whimper as she parted her mouth and he fisted her hair in his hands as she moved closer to him, if that was even possible. And then her phone rang again, and she had had enough.

"I'm sorry," she groaned as he pulled out of her and rolled off of the bed to go to the bathroom to clean up.

Demi reached over to the nightstand and grabbed her phone, seeing four missed calls from Phil and a few messages from Trey. It was two in the morning and she couldn't even imagine what they could possibly want. She hadn't even spoken to Trey since last month when they finally finished the song and her label finally got off of her ass about it.

Trey: u up?

Trey: just left a meeting. Labels want the song as a single. Figured I'd warn you.

Trey: meeting in LA tomorrow. Phil's demand. Not mine.

Leave it to her label to completely damper her mood. And they had absolutely terrible timing. The end of the week was the Louis Vuitton show in New York, which she was also walking in, but she also still had the Louis Vuitton show in Paris and Cristo's show. She wasn't walking in either of them but Fashion Week – or month as Cristo referred to it – was a huge deal for Cristo and she was supposed to spend Fashion Week in Paris with him, going to the different shows and supporting him. How was she supposed to do that if her label was pushing to make her song with Trey a single? That meant across the country promo, radio interviews, talk show interviews, a music video, performances...had they lost their minds?

Cristo came out of the bathroom just as Demi finished typing out her strongly worded message to Phil. After sending that, since she didn't want to be rude, she sent a text to Trey as well with some other strong words and then set her phone back on the nightstand as Cristo crawled back into bed.

"Who was that?"

"Phil. I recorded a song with Trey and they want it to be a single so I have to fly to LA tomorrow...or today, for a meeting," Demi explained as Cristo chuckled without a hint of humor in his tone.

"And he had to tell you that at two in the morning? Did Trey text you too?" Cristo interrogated as Demi nodded.

"Yeah, but it's just music stuff. I told you I was working on a song with him, Cristo. It's no big deal."

"I don't understand why he feels comfortable enough to text you at two in the morning, Demi," Cristo prodded as Demi rolled her eyes in irritation.

"Its only eleven there and that's not even the point. It's not like we're texting about anything other than music. This is my first time talking to him since last month. Like I said before, it's no big deal. Did I hop off of your dick to answer his text? No. So, you shouldn't have shit to worry about and you should try to stop insinuating that we're doing anything more than talking about music," Demi ranted, getting ready to leave the bed until Cristo tugged her back.

"Okay, Demi. I'm sorry," Cristo apologized but Demi still shrugged him off.

"You should be. I would never cheat on you, Cristo. I also can't control when someone texts me," Demi deadpanned as Cristo nodded in understanding.

"You have history with him..."

"That's completely irrelevant to anything that has to do with us. If I tell you that you have nothing to worry about, then you have nothing to worry about. You have to trust me, okay?" Demi reassured him as he nodded again.

"Okay, ma cherie. I love you, I didn't mean to make you upset."

"You're ugly when you're jealous," Demi pouted as she curled up in his arms.

"You're cute when you're angry. Your nose scrunches up and you pout more than usual," Cristo pointed out as he lightly tickled her sides, causing her to break her pout as she erupted into giggles and slapped his hands away.

"You're annoying."

"You love me," Cristo cooed as he kissed the ticklish spot behind her ear.

"I do," Demi whispered as she snuggled up to him even more and pulled the covers over them so that she could finally go to sleep after the long day that she had.

Setting: Universal Music Group Headquarters, Santa Monica, CA

Demi basically stormed into conference room A after her early flight from New York to California. This was the second time that her label had abruptly cut off her precious time with her boyfriend and she was more than annoyed. Being shuffled onto a private jet at six in the morning after getting only two and a half hours of sleep tended to leave a girl in a bad mood.

"Breakfast?" Phil asked as soon as she sat down, but the way that she glowered at him caused him to raise his hands in mock surrender as Trey entered the room and took the seat next to hers.

"Now that we're all here, let's talk about this single. Ideally, we need the video done first. The lyric video can be done by the end of the week and we were thinking that since we recorded your session that'll be the lyric video. And-"

"Wait, you guys are not even going to pretend to care about whether we want this as a single or not?" Demi questioned as she listened to their plans in sheer disbelief. They clearly had abandoned their policy of asking their artists about career moves before putting those actual moves into action.

"I didn't think we needed formalities but if it makes you feel better...Demi, Trey. How would you feel about Made Love First being the first single from Demi's collab album?" Isaac Hearding questioned as Demi scoffed.

"I think it's a horrible decision."

"Well, the decision is already made. Just go along with it, Demi. So, back to the video. I understand you're busy with Fashion Week and what not but we need the video done before we announce the song as a single. When are you not busy?"

"I asked for the month of February off for a reason," Demi reminded them. Trey's hand grazed her arm in an attempt to calm her down but she shook him off.

"Demi, with all of the publicity you're getting from Fashion Week, this is the perfect time for a single. We can have this done in a weekend if you two get serious about this and realize that we're not changing our minds," Isaac said as Demi pursed her lips.

"I'm free until I leave for Paris during the last week of the month. So, next week would be ideal," Demi glumly stated as Isaac clapped his hands together.

"Then it's decided. We'll get everything together to film the video next week, announce the single once the video is finished, and then release the video a week after that. How does that sound?" Isaac questioned. "This time I do care about your opinion."

Before Demi could say something smart, Trey cut her off. "It sounds great."

"Great. Well, you're all dismissed," Isaac said, and he was the first one to leave. Phil was after that and their assistants followed after them as Demi combed her fingers through her hair. She hadn't bothered to put her extensions back in last night.

"I'm sorry about this," Trey apologized but Demi shook her head.

"It's not your fault. I was kind of expecting this to happen," Demi admitted with a light shrug.

"I guess I'll see you next week then?" Trey asked as Demi nodded.

"Yeah just...please try not to text me at two in the morning anymore, okay?"

"Definitely, sorry if I caused a problem or something."

"No, it's not a problem for me but...you know how it is. I'll see you next week," Demi said before grabbing her bag to leave.

Setting: Mansion Paris 7th, Paris, France

The live version of "Check On It" from Beyonce's I Am...World Tour played on the Bluetooth speaker system in Cristo's house in Paris, his formal living and half of his dining room turned into a dressing room for the Kardashian/Jenner clan since they were all in Paris for Fashion Week. Kendall wasn't in any shows tonight so they were all attending Cristo's show and then attending his after party as well. As a gift, Cristo had designed each of them custom made dresses that were going to be featured in his next line, and he had offered his house to them to get ready since he was off finalizing details for the show. 

"Demi, do you know what your dress looks like so I can know what we're doing with your hair?" Cesar questioned once he finished putting her extensions in, but Demi shook her head as she scrolled through some of the screen caps from the music video that she had filmed with Trey two weeks ago.

"No, Cristo said that his assistant should be dropping it off soon. I kind of want to just wear it down though. I was thinking vintage waves with a side part?" Demi suggested as Cesar nodded and went to work.

The music video that she had filmed with Trey wasn't anything crazy. They really weren't even in the video since they were so short on time. They had basically hired two people to play them and there were just a few clips of them singing. They were announcing the single once Demi came back from Paris and from there they were doing promo, which Demi wasn't looking forward to but it had to be done.

"I feel so fucking rich!" Kylie exclaimed as she came into the dining room where Demi was getting her hair done, twirling around in the piece that Cristo had designed for her. It was a long sleeve, white bodysuit that was completely covered in diamonds, with two slits on the side that revealed her tanned skin. It was basically perfect for Kylie, and she couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror.

"You are fucking rich," Demi retorted as Kylie giggled.

"I seriously love Cristo so much. I think I love him more than Oliver," Kylie gushed as she flipped her long black wig and did another twirl.

"You and me both, sister," Demi said as she grabbed her chai tea latte from Starbucks and took a sip. She heard the click clack of heels and expected it to be another one of her sisters, but instead it was Cristo's stepmother, Clara. She was wearing a stunning white cocktail dress with her hair gathered into a French bun. It seemed like everyone was ready except for Demi.

"Hi, Mrs. Ghesquiere, how are you? Cristo didn't tell me you would be here," Demi greeted as she felt her stomach fill with butterflies. After they met up again in St. Thomas, she was on good terms with Cristo's parents but that didn't mean that she didn't get nervous whenever she was around them.

"I just left the design studio so I decided to drop this off to you. It's your dress for tonight," Clara said as she passed the Cristo's signature white garment bag with gold trim to Kylie, and Kylie being Kylie unzipped it to get a look at it.

"Oh my gosh, this is beautiful!" Kylie squealed, showing the dress to Demi. Demi didn't really see the design of it though. All she really saw was a lot of pastel purple fabric and tulle.

"I helped him design it. I hope you like it, Demi," Clara said with a pearly white smile as Demi nodded.

"I love the color, I can't wait to see what it looks like on. It looks like a bit much to wear to a fashion show though," Demi said as Clara simply shrugged.

"Tonight will be special. I have to head out but I'll see you in a few hours," Clara said, kissing both of Demi's cheeks before bidding everyone goodbye. Demi was a little confused about what she said but she shrugged it off and relaxed her face so that Jill could start on her makeup.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 619 12
I need something different. Something's been missing...
38.9K 686 32
It all started with a DM...
12.4K 646 30
For Renn and anyone else who wanted Cristo and Demi to be endgame
45.5K 2K 40
Sequel to Issues