The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge

291 7 3
By lyradavi11

Akira's POV

     Could it be?

     Did the Akatsuki actually manage to capture Tiger???

     My head was in overdrive, and I tried to calm myself as the possibility scared me to the core. I shook my head and stood up again to face Jiraiya-sama, "That doesn't make sense! The only reason they'd take Tiger is because of the celestial beast within him. So why did they leave me? If they got Tiger, wouldn't it be easy to get me in my unconscious state?" I asked in confusion and panic. This time, Jiraiya-sama didn't say anything but was deep in thought with concern and confusion in his eyes.

     "Your celestial beast's uncommon silence could be a hint. But in any case, it's almost certain that the Akatsuki took him," Jiraiya said, "We should inform Lady Tsunade immediately!" 

     That's what we wanted, but she was currently in an important meeting with the elders regarding her being the hokage. She would be out in the next hour but how could I possibly wait an hour? Who knows what would have happened to him in the couple days I've been clueless. 

     I walked through the streets with a frown. I could barely keep my calm, and I had to wait for an hour. I decided to leave on my own, regardless of Jiraiya-sama's warnings of not leaving the village without permission. I can't just sit around and wait knowing Tiger could be suffering for the past few days. Even if there's a small chance of him being alive, I'm going to track him down and save him.

     I ran towards the hidden cave where we first met, to find it expectantly but hopelessly empty. I was about to leave before I spotted a shiny object in the dark. I proceeded towards the shiny object hidden in a large crack in the wall and peered at it to take a closer look. I tugged on the silver cylinder shape, pulling it harder when I realized it was jammed in there.

     When I finally secured it in my hand, I walked out of the cave to observe it in the sunlight and scrunched my face up in confusion seeing as it was nothing special. Just a stupid metal part of God knows what jammed into a crack in the cave. I scratched at it and felt it up to see if it was really nothing, and I felt a tiny bump -- different to the smooth texture of the cylinder -- against my finger. I felt around the bump to realize it went all around the cylinder, and was a possible opening to it.

     Getting out my kunai, I slammed it into the opening, making a large dent form, and a little crack of the opening. Cramming my kunai in, I used my strength and chakra to open it up. A tiny rolled up paper fell out, causing me to peer into the metal object to see nothing else, then stuffing it in my bag along with the kunai.

      I picked up the piece of paper, unrolling it in curiosity to see a jumble of messy letters and numbers:

     '4k1, 1'v3 b33n c4p7ur3d. N33d h31p!! H1d30u7 47 7h3 8453 0f 7h3 ch33ry 7r33 1n 7h3 m1r4c13 94rd3n 8r1d93. Hurry!!!'

     I scrunched up my face in confusion yet again, the only word registering in my head being 'Hurry'. Barely even, considering the messy and rushed handwriting. My eyes narrowed at the scribble on the paper, five seconds and my brain finally realized it as number coding. I've read about it once -- making letters into numbers that look similar to it. I quickly took out a plain sheet of paper and pen from my bag and slowly jotted down the sentence, making sure I'm right with decoding the number code.

     0 = o. 1 = l & i. 3 = e. 4 = a. 5 = s. 7 = t. 8 = b. 9 = g. So the sentence would then be, 

     '4k1, 1'v3 b33n c4p7ur3d. N33d h31p!! H1d30u7 47 7h3 8453 0f 7h3 ch33ry 7r33 1n 7h3 m1r4c13 94rd3n 8r1d93. Hurry!!!' 

     to- 

     'Aki, I've been captured. Need help!! Hideout at the base of the cherry tree in the miracle garden bridge. Hurry!!!'

     "Shit," I cursed after a gasp, knowing full well that this was from Tiger. Who knows how long ago he put that there. Miracle garden bridge... where have I heard that from?

     I mentally scanned through all the information stored in my head, knowing that somewhere, anywhere, I would have read about it. It sounded so familiar. Perhaps Tiger mentioned it once. Racking my brain for the information was hard, considering I probably only heard about it once. But this is one of my specialties -- remembering info. 

     Miracle Garden Bridge....

     There was no real place named Miracle Garden Bridge. It was a joke!

Flashback:

     "You know that bridge that your team protected? For that old man?" Tiger grinned as he made hand motions trying to get me to understand what he was talking about. "The Naruto Bridge?" I offered with a slight giggle at his frantic hand movements. "Right! It's called Naruto Bridge now. The bridge is covered with plants and flowers. Even some fruits and vegetables grow there! I don't even know how! It's a freakin' miracle because I was starving when I came across it, and then, bam! Free fruits!" he exclaimed while spreading his arms out.

     I laughed at how happy he sounded. It was weird seeing him so energetic, since it rarely happens. "Some Miracle Garden Bridge, eh?" I grinned up at him. His eyes brightened further, if possible. "A Miracle Garden Bridge."

Flashback end.

     Oh no! It's gonna take days getting there! "Aki..?" a familiar voice called out. I immediately turned my head to the voice, regretting it because of the whiplash it gave me. I shook my head to ease the pain and looked up at the a bashed up sight of Tiger. Panic filled in me as I rushed to his side. "Tiger! Let's get you to the hospital!" I exclaimed and wrapped an arm around him to help. "Use Sukai's speed. We have to get to the village before the Akatsuki get here," he groaned weakly and coughed up blood. "Yeah," I breathed out to calm myself down before gathering Sukai's chakra and channeling them to my feet. 

     I could sense the chakra of the Akatsuki nearby, so I pushed off the ground and charged towards the gates of Konoha. It wasn't too far off and if I don't slow down, I can make it to the hospital soon.

     Despite using Sukai's chakra, I could feel them catch up. I made three shadow clones and sent them to the Akatsuki. "Aki you can't let them catch up," Tiger said breathlessly. "I know," I bit my lip as I ran as fast as I could into the village gates. I had to find Jiraiya. 

     In no time at all, I had Jiraiya come with me to the hospital, and we stood beside the bed that Tiger was sleeping on. "Alright, what happened?" Jiraiya asked as he leaned up against the wall. I sighed and took a seat on the only stool in the room. "I don't know, to be honest. I was just searching for him, and-"

     "I'll explain," a broken voice interrupted me. I looked at Tiger to see that he was sitting up. "Careful," I frowned and helped him up. "Thanks," he smiled before looking up at Jiraiya, "Sannin. I believe you're investigating the Akatsuki?" Jiraiya nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it and motioned for him to continue. 

     Tiger nodded, "Alright. I went to do my own investigation. I know you've been worried, Aki, and I'm sorry. But it was for the celestials. I had to figure out why the Akatsuki wants them." I sighed and shook my head, "I don't understand. Where were you?"

     "When I was heading to the village, I noticed the Akatsuki were there again. But not the same pair we fought before. They knew who we were but it was clear that they were surprised of our state. I made sure to show them that I still had some fight left in me, but I couldn't do much at that time. So I gave them an offer. I would willingly go with them if they left you alone."

     I let out a gasp, "If that's not the stupidest thing I've heard you do, I-" Tiger rolled his eyes and slapped my mouth, "Let me finish. I had a plan. If I could go to their hideout while they thought I was too bashed up to fight, I could find something- about the celestials, and then I would leave. Of course, things didn't go as planned, and getting out was harder than I thought, but I made it."

     "And before that, when I first found Itachi and Kisame with you, I admit that I went a bit mad. The fact that I have a lot of control with Kotoba's chakra doesn't always mean good. I went mad because I hate the Akatsuki. So much happened to me because of them. It was just hard to keep calm when they were just there- alive- and holding you captive," he stopped to take a deep breath, "I guess now isn't the time to talk about it, but I have an ugly past that includes the Akatsuki very much. I just, I'm sorry -- for making a stupid plan. Yea, I'm just really sorry. My head's just been messed up with the Akatsuki."

      "Oh jeez," I resisted the urge to face palm and gave the stupid little tiger a hug. "And did you find any information?" Jiraiya asked. Tiger nodded, "A bit. It's connected to the tailed beasts. I could only get a gist of their conversation even with the help of Kotoba and Sukai."

     I perked up at that, "Sukai?" Tiger grinned at me, but something in his eyes showed that he was guilty of something, "Uh yeah, I might've forced a bit of Sukai's power out of you because I needed help." The curious look on my face turned into one of anger, "I can't believe you did that!" 

     "I know," Tiger sighed, "and I'm sorry. It was wrong of me. I just really needed help. Kotoba's sorry too, since he helped me with it. Anyway, that's why she wasn't able to communicate with you. She was a bit busy with helping me."

     Yeah, kid. Kotoba's host is a scary fellow when it comes to his brains.

     Sukai!

     Aki. Tell him to return the chakra he took.

     "Tiger, Sukai says to return the chakra," I inform. Tiger nods and puts his hand to my stomach, where I feel a rush of energy. "Thank you. Don't ever do that again, Tiger. I'd hate to see you as a threat." He sighs, "I know. I'm really sorry. I won't do it again, I promise." He stares at me in thought for a second, "We were going to look for the other celestials a long time ago, but we kept getting delayed. I think that was good because.. the Akatsuki are dangerous, Akira, and now the celestials are their targets. We can't just endanger the others by drawing them out from hiding. I'll try to warn them about the Akatsuki though." I nod in agreement, "...That's for the best. Anyway, I gotta go and settle some things with Sasuke. Rest up, Tiger." I then jump out the window and head towards where -I think- Sasuke is training.

      I sat on a tree branch as Sasuke made the chidori for the billionth time. Okay no, maybe the third time. I didn't want to interrupt him and make him even more angry at me, so I just silently watched. "Akira," Sasuke said without looking back, before going forward and hitting a rock with the chidori. He then turned around to eye me on the tree. "Are you just gonna sit there and watch forever or are you gonna leave?" he asked as he walked towards me. I sighed and jumped down. 

     "Thought you wanted answers," I asked slowly but surely. He rolls his eyes, "Now you're willing to give them? I don't care anymore, Aki." "Come on, Sasuke. Don't be mad at me. I had to find Jiraiya-sama because he knew something about Tiger's disappearance. I didn't have time to explain everything to you. Tiger could've been two seconds from dying for all I know, and you think I could've just sat down and explained things to you?" I ask with a little aggravation at his lack of understanding. 

     Sasuke sighed and goes to sit down against a tree. He looks up at me and just stares while keeping his face composed. "I just- what happened? Are you alright?" he asked as he lets worry fall down on his face. I give him a small smile, "I'm fine, don't worry. I got taken instead of Naruto, but Tiger helped me. Things happened, and I lost control. Fought them, got injured and stuff."

     Sasuke nodded and lets his head fall back. I frown, "What's wrong?" Sasuke sighs and glares at the ground, "I'm not strong enough. I couldn't even land a scratch on Itachi." "You don't need to," I offer as he looks up at me in question. "Aki, you don't get it. Itachi-" he starts, but I know what he's going to say. "Sasuke, I do get it. I know what he did. I know he's become a terrible person. And I'm not taking his side or anything," I sigh and furrow my eyebrows, "It's just that- it takes up so much, Sasuke. Of your life. You can't have your life dedicated to killing someone."

     Sasuke opens his mouth to protest, but I don't let him. "Just think about it for a second. It's just sad. You're 13. You have so much good to go towards in your life. You can do so much that would make your parents proud of you, Kakashi, me. You can't have Itachi stopping you from doing things. Itachi can go piss off! You're you and your life doesn't need to revolve around him! Sasuke, you've got to stop this- this useless fight. Getting revenge on Itachi is going to give you what? Satisfaction for a couple of months before you realize you've killed family just like he did?"

     "That's different. He's not family," Sasuke protests as he starts to get up, "Are you comparing me to him? Stop, just stop." "No! God no," I shake my head frantically as I take his hands in mine and pull him back down to sit, "That's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make you realize there's so many better things to do in life than go after revenge. There are people who killed my family too! And I've spent a good chunk of my life running away from them because they tortured me. I've become stronger now, and I could just go back to my country and get revenge, but I'm not! I could ask the leaf village to aid me in overthrowing them, because they would since we have a treaty! I could get them all killed easily, but I'm won't! You know why, Sasuke? You know why?" my voice breaks.

     Sasuke looks stunned at what I've been saying. I don't think he realizes how much I hate it when he goes on about killing his brother. Like that's his only purpose in life. Because it's not. It shouldn't be at all. "Why?" he whispers with wide eyes.

     My face softens, "Because I have this village now. I have people I want to protect here. Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto.. You. Killing the government's soldiers won't give me my family back. Killing them won't give me my kingdom back. It won't give me my title, it won't give me anything. So I choose to focus on the here and now. I choose to use my strength to protect the people I love who are alive. And one day, when I'm strong enough, I'm going back to my kingdom, not to find the people who killed my family, but to rule it again. To make sure the people in my kingdom are doing okay, and safe. Because while most of them died, there are still some alive, I'm sure. And I want to protect them. Get stronger to protect, Sasuke, not to kill. Please."

     Sasuke's eyes are watery, but he doesn't cry, he just brings me closer to him to give me a hug. "Yeah, I'm sorry, Aki. I'm really sorry," he says in just above a whisper. I smile and turn my head to kiss his neck before pulling away and standing up with a small blush on my face. I smile down at the laughing Sasuke before ruffling his hair. "It's getting dark. I'm gonna go home, you should too," I advise. Sasuke smiles, "Thank you, Akira." "Yeah, no problem. If you understand, it's okay. It's good."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

So there was supposed to be a whole other chapter with saving Tiger and stuff, but I realized that would ruin the other things I had planned, and I really just didn't want Akira going to an Akatsuki's hideout just yet.

Published: Feb. 7th, 2018

Edited 

2832 words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 9.7K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
8.5K 395 21
Cinderella AU with a twist Sakura lives with a head mistress and her two daughters. Although sakura is supposed to be considered royalty along with t...
29.3K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...
3.9K 55 17
At the young age of 13, a shinobi named Naruto took his own life. When his friends and the people he knew heard of the news, they were devastated but...