Unforgettable Second Chances...

By CeruleanBlues

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 8 (part one)

9.8K 268 1
By CeruleanBlues

I know you guys are grumbling for my late update, and I have a good reason for an excuse.......

Well, actually, I don't.   -_-

I was trying to avoid the computer for sometime while my family were having some bonding moments especially during Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to all your dads  ^_^ )

Anyways, here's another chappy!

I hope you enjoy this one!

Song title for today: Payphone by Maroon 5

I'm learning the piano notes for this one and I think I almost got it right, the only problem would be the sharp notes... ughhhh!!

NOte: not edited

More Gregory and Raine scenes for this chapter!

Love lots,

~CeruleanBlues~

===================================================

Monday

RAINE’S POV

“So tell me again why you are taking me on a date?” I asked, leaning back at the side seat of the window while, arching one eyebrow.

“Well, Belle mentioned that you haven’t gone to any places that needed to be explored since your stay here,” He explained, then casting me a quick glance before focusing back on the drive. “And its, not a date,” he added, although there were streaks of red appearing on his face.

“Fine. So, it’s not a date but what do you call when your cousin’s fiancé is taking you somewhere instead of taking of his fiancée?”

I could see from the looks of his face that he mumbled something, more like he was cursing silently, before it took him long to answer my question. “Think of it as having a tourist exploration while I being your tour guide,” he finally said.

“I see,” was all I could before I decided to drop the subject.

I know for one thing there was something behind why he suddenly asked me out, not even considering that it should be Belle that he should be asking and not me, still his excuse for touring me around before my last few days here was a lame excuse, yet a great idea. Besides, Belle was busy in getting her work done before the month ends and couldn’t be stay with for my last few days here.

Unexpectedly, When Belle asked Gregory, I could have sworn he didn’t like the idea of taking me out, but when Belle whispered something on his ear, he let out a grimaced and deciding swiftly agreed to her idea. I just gave them an odd look and wanting to asked if there was any problem, they both just flashed me a smile, which I’m pretty sure a fake one, and both denied.

Perhaps, they are really a perfect match. Well, part of it because I find them a bit weird and something more that I can’t put my mind into it. But, who am I judge their relationship, although I’m not particular happy about their arrangement about using Belle just for Gregory to satisfy his father’s demand to get married.

As they say, ‘Opposites attracts’ so perhaps, they may hate each other in public but behind those hateful facade they really do love each other.

They did mention that they were childhood friends, so they could have blossom their friendship into something more romantic and not just a simple mutual understanding.

I sighed heavily.

Childhood friends.

Friendship.

Mutual understanding.

Romantic relationship.

I used to have those with him.

But, I guess I couldn’t hold on to it any longer.

“Is there something bothering you?”

I glanced sideways and found Gregory throwing me a concern look. I also realized that the car had stop moving and we were at some barn. “What are we going to do here?” I asked, ignoring his question.

He shot me a look knowing that I evaded answering his question, but he didn’t pursued it. “This is the place where they make the best cheese in Scotland,” he replied, as he got out from the car.

It took us at least four hours or so to get to this countryside. I stepped out from the car, and breathe in the fresh country air that was very different back at the city. Now, this a place that seems to define a nice countryside vacation.

“Welcome,” A man standing on the front door greeted us. By my estimation, he was around his fifties, but still looks strong that one might possibly mistake him for thirty. He was wearing a country outfit, which was different from what we were wearing.

“You must be Lorenzo,” Gregory nodded in acknowledgement as he lead me in front.

“Aye, that is my birth name,” Lorenzo said in a Scottish accent, as he gave out a jolly laughter. It made me smile a little reminding me of my own father. “Lord Sommerton, it is an honour for you to visit during your spare time,” he bowed.

I hid back a smirked.

Somehow, people around here are still accustomed to old tradition of showing respect to the aristocrats. Imagine, if people would see me disrespecting the powerful earl because I am certainly doing it, it would be a funny sight to see the horror of their faces.

Lorenzo turned at me. “Could this be your—“

“Friend,” Gregory cut off. Seemingly, he doesn’t want people to think I was his wife and well, thank the merciful heavens for that. I think I couldn’t agree with him more, since I wasn’t his intended bride to be.

“I’m Raine Sausa, please to make your acquaintance,” I introduced myself as I held out my hand.

“To be acquainted with an American beauty is a pleasure,” he said, as he kissed my hand.

I almost wanted to smack the man, telling him to shake my hand and not kiss it but Gregory held me from the wrists. “That’s what men do here out of respect to female acquaintances,” he murmured.

Lorenzo instructed us to follow him as he led us towards the house.

When he was out of earshot, I immediately shot Gregory a glare. “You mean kissing every female acquaintance they met?”

“On their hand,” he added, as we follow Lorenzo to a room. “Men kiss the hand of a woman out of respect. That’s what we traditionally do, instead of shaking hands.”

“The person who started that tradition needs to be hung,” I grumbled.

Gregory just laughed. “Unfortunately, hanging doesn’t exist as punishment around here anymore.”

“I hate that tradition,”

“I thought women would swoon whenever a man kisses their hand?”

“Well, not me.”

“Why, not?” he asked, before he paused getting inside the room.

Yes, why not?

That’s a good question.

To be honest I used to like it. That’s what Tyrell used to do when we were engaged and I feel myself being like those in fairytale storybooks. He would kiss on my hand because he knew how I told him once that it was sweet and romantic gesture for a man to act it out.

However, after our engagement broke off, I started to banned anything Tyrell used to do. That includes kissing on the hand. Any gesture that that he used to do with, I don’t like any other man doing it to me. It’s not that I don’t like it, but it always keeps reminding me about Tyrell.

Even until now, everywhere I go, I’m always forever be reminded of him.

“Raine, are you alright? And don’t try ignoring my question like the one you did earlier,” Gregory added as he put one hand on my forehead.

I suddenly feel blushing at the thought of his worried gesture.

“Well, you seem to have a normal temperature,” he nodded, then place two fingers on wrists for a moment. I still stared at him before he said, “You have a normal pulse beat,”

I snatched my wrists at his grasped. Blushing was one thing, but the fast beating of my heart was something unusual. “What are you, a doctor?” I tried saying in an annoyed voice. What is happening with me?

“I’m just concerned about you,” he was caught off guard about my sudden reaction, “besides what I did was some basic medical procedures that even one don’t have to be a doctor to know about it.”

He has a point. However, the way he does it, makes it different.

“Well, don’t bother,” I finally said before passing by him.

Of course, I couldn’t get that opportunity since he instantly grabbed my wrists. I tried to hold it back but he just makes his grip stronger. I glared at him.

“Let me go,” I demanded.

He didn’t even budged. I cursed under my breath before I struggled once again to free myself from his grip. This time he loosened but didn’t let go, then he drew his free hand and cupped my face. I instantly froze by his unexpected gesture.

“Listen, Raine,” Gregory said, as he looked straight into my eyes. When my eyes made an eye contact with his, I could swear that I was drowning to his hazel eyes. “Belle would have my head if anything happens to you that’s the reason why I’m asking you if you are alright.”

I see so it was all because Belle had asked him to look out for me. But why do I feel disappointed when he told me about it.

 “But it seems you’re always trying to avoid the topic,” he finally said, before realising my wrist, at the same time dropped his hand from my face.

“I just don’t want to talk about it,” I said, as I avoided his gaze. What is wrong with me being with him?

I could sense him still watching me, before I heard him sighed. “Alright. Let’s not talked about in anymore.”

I just nodded at him once, confirming to drop the topic. “Just promise me, if you’re not feeling well, tell me immediately right away.”

I nodded again as he walked passed by me. “I won’t give you my word,” I saw him paused by the door, “but in a way, I’ll tell if don’t feel good.”

Even if his back was facing me, I could sense that he was smiling. “Works for me,”

I held back a small smile before I decided to follow him.

“Even if Belle did or didn’t want me to look after you, I would still be concern of your welfare,”

I paused a few feet away from him as he continued, “I care about you Raine, and even I know you don’t need any, especially from me, since I could see in you a strong willed woman. However, even a strong person like you needs someone to take care of you, despite no matter how you try to deny it,”

I clenched my fists from the sides and tried to held back my tears, because I know what he said were true. I’m just a hard-headed person to admit it.

“Can you at least give me your consent to be you knight, like the ones in fairytales?” he asked. “Just in the meantime for your few days stay here before your departure.

I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing, only to be disappointed that history is trying to repeat itself.

======================================================

What do you guys think?

Comment and Vote  ^_^

Next update: Thursday (earliest) or Friday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 0 16
Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her a choice. One was hopelessly in love. T...
30.7K 2K 43
COMPLETE✔️ A sequel of Rose Is Back With Roses *Gabrielle Oliver's story* "The man you came with," he paused as she drew in a sharp breath. "Is he yo...
1.4M 50.1K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
73 1 14
It all started with a confession. They vowed to love each other for the rest of their lives. To be with each other's side through thick and thin. The...