A Future War ~ Future Au Tom...

By Fangirl-9-1-1

Tom wakes up in a strange room unable to move and with no memory. Waking up in this confused haze surrounded... More

Chapter One: The Awakening
Chapter Two: New People and Places
Chapter Three: Awkward Situations
Chapter Four: How to Make a Soldier
Chapter Five: Bacon
Chapter Six: The Climb
Chapter Seven: The Uninvited Guest
Chapter Eight: Alcohol and Monsters
Chapter Nine: Fiction or Reality
Chapter Ten: A Colorful War
Chapter Eleven: Paintball With Real Guns
Chapter Twelve: Enemies and Regrets
Chapter Thirteen: Inner Demons
Chapter Fifteen: Tom's Always Drunk
Chapter Sixteen: Dangerous Sleep Walking
Chapter Seventeen: Just Like Old Times
Chapter Eighteen: Past Mistakes
Chapter Nineteen: Danger and Destruction
Chapter Twenty: So Much Alcohol
Chapter Twenty One: Hangovers Hurt
Chapter Twenty Two: Paperwork is Stressful
Chapter Twenty Three: Things to Forget and a Night to Remember
Chapter Twenty Four: What is Tord Planning?
Chapter Twenty Five: Playing Dirty
Chapter Twenty Six: All of the Fluff
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Night of A Full Moon
Chapter Twenty Eight: Don't Mess With Tord
Chapter Twenty Nine: Familiar Beginnings
Chapter Thirty: Protect What You Love
Chapter Thirty One: The End For Now
Chapter Thirty Two: Epilogue
Q&A To Wrap Things Up

Chapter Fourteen: Taming the Beast

1.4K 43 29
By Fangirl-9-1-1

Tord's POV:

I lean my back against the smooth wall next to the lab door in the outside hall while waiting for Tom. I shift awkwardly in an attempt to find a more comfortable position as the straps to my robot arm press tightly into my back and shoulder. With a puff of smoke from my cigar, I finally settle. Ever since my arm broke after the first "visit" from my old friend Edd, I have been trying to adjust to the upgrades and new straps I added to the arm. I'll get used to it eventually. I feel anger arise in me as I remember how I got here. I breathe in another breath of the toxic air through the cigar to relieve the tension building in me.

Either way, I do have to admire the craftsmanship and technological advances I have made on this thing. I twist my robot arm in awkward angles to get a good look at it. Being so lost in my own thoughts, I don't even notice Tom's arrival at first.

"Sir?" His voice disrupts my thoughts, dragging me back to reality and even startling me a little. Reflexively, my hand goes to the handle of the gun on my pocket until I loosen my grip upon realization that it was just Tom. I have been awfully distracted recently....

"Ah yes, Thomas. C'mon," I nod my head in the direction of the lab door as a signal to follow.

Looking at him, I realize how much has happened in the last 24 hours as it is definitely shown on him. He hasn't had a chance to change since the paintball fight, and he is covered in red and green paint as well as an even darker red that isn't paint. His shirt sleeve is completely shredded, where he transformed. With another tear where he was shot, with blood-soaked bandages that can be seen through the hole. I would have him change into something more presentable, but his clothes will probably only get more torn in a few minutes anyway. Today's training won't be easy, to say the least.

I quickly pushed myself off the wall and entered the lab after realizing I was staring. I don't think Tom noticed. I hope he didn't.

"We have a lot to do," I announce, stepping in and informing the scientist of my presence. Without delay, she appears out from behind the rows of shelves once more smiling friendly at Tom.

"Hello Tom, it's nice to see you again."

She appears to be nervous as I scan the room while checking her progress. I'm impressed, but of course, I wouldn't let her know that. The lab was almost spotless, with only a few important books still left out. She really must have moved fast to get it in this condition. The only satisfaction I allow her is a small nod to calm her nerves so she can focus on the task at hand. She breathes the slightest sigh of relief, turning her attention back to Tom.

"I'm sorry.... We have met before?" Tom inquires, not remembering past experiences he had in the army. For obvious reasons, of course.

"Oh!" She exclaims. "That's right, you had -"She stops searching for the right word to say. Instead, she just nervously coughs and changes the subject, placing her hand on her neck where sweat has begun to form.

"Well, we have kind of worked together before on controlling your..... condition...." She avoids eye contact at first but instantly perks up. "But to reintroduce myself, I am the head scientist and researcher here at the base." She politely holds her hand out to Tom, who timidly shakes it.

"It's nice to meet you... again." It sounded like more of a question than a statement, but she didn't seem to care.

"Shall we?" She requests motioning towards the door in the back of the room that leads to the experimentation zone. Tom nods, brushing off any of the questions he obviously had. I think he has finally learned there is no point in questioning things here, really.

The three of us head into the second part of the lab with the researcher leading. Upon entering, I notice padding that is laid out, covering most of the cement floor. Most of the machines, equipment, and tables have been pushed against the walls.

"I moved things around to better fit Tom's 'condition'" She grins proudly.

"Good thinking soldier."

She grins at the compliment, obviously happy that she had pleased her leader. I rarely compliment my soldiers since it is their duty to be efficient and thorough, so when I do, people make a big deal out of it.

Now... How should we trigger Tom's monster side to begin with? In his current state, he couldn't just summon him like he used to be able to. Usually, unintentionally, pain and emotions can trigger it. I have had to be at least semi-friendly with Tom since he has awoken, so he thinks I'm on his side, but now... I need to make sure he knows his place and hit him where it hurts. Literally. I grin.

I walk closer to Tom, nudging the researcher out of the way. Out of understanding, she backs up as I punch Tom with my robot arm right where he was shot. He yells out in pain, cradling his arm with his other hand. He begins to grit his teeth, and the eyes on his visor become slits as he closes his eyes. More red begins to soak his bandages as he lightly holds his arm with his other hand. I probably opened the wound again. So much for the doctor telling him to take it easy.

His visor flashes a purple, and his arm begins to turn purple as well at the fingertips. I go to take another swing, but he catches my robot hand in his fist, which is suddenly at least 4 times larger and has claws for fingers. I try to pry his monster hand off my robotic one with my good hand pathetically only to have my good hand thrown off by his other hand that matches the one currently restricting my hand. He releases me and grunts in pain. Two horns begin to sprout from his head, sticking through his spiky hair. His ears grow into inhuman purple and black ears. He grabs his head, and I can see the anger build in his face.

I'm so focused on his face and transformation overall that I don't notice his tail swing at me, knocking me off my feet. Despite the ground being padded, I still hit it quite hard, and it briefly knocks the wind out of me. I regain my breath, and He stands over me, looking as if he is ready to kill me. He lets out a yell that comes out as more of a roar. He's more likely in a lot of pain beyond his wounds. He hasnt transformed in a while and probably isn't used to it. I see his teeth that are now practically fangs as he grins over me menacingly.

"Tom enough." I command. His visor flashes, and he relaxes almost immediately.

"Wha-" he realizes what was happening and backs up, tripping over his own giant monster feet. Besides his mostly transformed arms and legs, which gave him a little more height, he was still mostly human and conscious. Oh, and the ya know... fangs, ears, and horns as well. He could become even more monster like if not for the technology that prevented it. He would have most likely transformed all the way, too.

I had put it in his programming that he can't transform any more than this because when he does fully transform, I can't control him anymore. He's hardly him anymore at that point. So after finding out the hard way, a long time ago, that there was a state I couldn't control him in, I had to change that. The researcher and I still don't have a full understanding of it all yet, but it has been easier now that we can run further tests on him.

Even if he does fully transform, the visor will melt into his transformation, then will be just fine when he returns to normal so I don't have to worry about it breaking anymore every time he does transform. There is still no way of controlling it, though, so hopefully, the program keeps preventing that.

I stand up, looking down at Tom, who is still wide-eyed on the floor. He is observing his hands and legs mostly as he is still unaware most likely of the horns, ears, and sharp teeth.

"This is what happened those times when that rebel came..."

"Yes. Thomas, this is what is known as your monster form, and this is you in full transformation." The researcher hesitantly shuffles up, handing him a mirror that he has a hard time holding with his monster hands. He manages to see his horns and all filling his face with even more confliction that quickly becomes sadness.

"I'm a monster?"

"More like possessed by one," I chuckle.

"Will the transformation hurt this much every time?" He seems actually concerned about this. I didn't know the pain of it was that bad. Good to know.

"You'll get used to it." I simply add not caring too much.

"Why the heck did you punch me?!? Was that part really necessary???" He growls, and I can't tell if it was him or his monster side.

"Eventually, you will be able to summon your transformation, but it can also be caused by intense pain or emotions."

"So you had to hit me???" His voice cracks a little, and I can't help but laugh. He tackles me, pinning me to the floor. Both his arm hold mine tightly to the padding on the ground, and with the increased size, they are almost crushing in weight.

"What are you doing?" I snap as he grins evilly. With him this close, I can see purple smoke seeping out slightly from behind his visor. Interesting.

"I might as well enjoy having the upper hand while I have it," He smirks. This reminded me a lot of our old fights and teasing that I used to enjoy. Unfortunately, especially with other soldiers around, I can't show any weakness nor act foolishly.

"Tom. Off." I demand. He looks as if he wants to protest me but is up before he even knows it really. He even transforms back to normal. He looks at his limbs in confusion as to what happened. He still has no idea. I can't help but smirk even though I really shouldn't let on to anything. I decided to speak before he could have any time to put anything together.

"Now that you're back to normal.... As you saw in the past, you don't have to fully transform sometimes. You're able to summon it enough to get a specific part to change. Such as your arm."

He looks at his arm, turning it over back and forth as if double-checking it's back to normal. I wonder what is going through his head. I might have to develop something that would allow me to know. I smile at the ridiculous thought. It would be interesting to know what goes on in his head, though.

Tom's POV:

I follow the strange lady into another part of the lab, and Tord follows me. They have a brief and boring discussion about the layout of the room, but I have too many questions to pay any attention.

What did she mean by my 'condition'? It is so infuriating and frustrating not remembering anything honestly. You have to re meet everyone around you and just trust that what they're saying is true. Something tells me I'm not really the trusting type, which just frustrates me more. On top of all this, I get these visions, and I can't tell if they are memories or just my imagination. I try to stay calm, and frustration builds in me.

Tord doesn't make it easy, though. He constantly has this look like he knows something I don't. I get he is our 'leader', which means it's partially his job, but it feels different with me, specifically. He steps closer, grinning wider than he has in a while. He gets quite close, and I begin to feel uncomfortable. Before I can do anything, I see a flash or red as he quickly moves, planting his fist square on my wound. Instinctively in pain, I cry out and grab my arm with my other hand. It hurt like hell. Of course, a punch that hard would hurt already but especially with the bullet wound there.

You're mad aren'tcha~?

Who said that? It was most likely just Tord, but I can't tell because of the pain.

Awe, come on, Tom.... Don't be like that.

He is just flaring up my anger, and man, do I want to punch him now.

Let's have some fun~

Tord swings at me again, but I catch his fist before he can make contact in my.... hand? My hand has now been replaced by a purple mass with four long and sharp claws sticking out menacingly. Against my own doing, I see my other "hand" pulling Tords hand that was attempting to free his other one away.

Such a shame you can't transform fully...yet~

Tord did not say that. Looking right at him, I could see it this time. Am I losing my mind now, too? I groan and clutch my head as searing pain rips through the very top of it. It was different from any of the headaches I have ever had. This was much more physical as I felt two sharp objects emerge out from my hair. The pain was all I felt until everything went black.

I can't take full control, but this will do for now~

Huh? I can't see or feel anything, but I can still think. I feel like I'm just floating in a strange black void as a voice without a voice talks to me. Maybe I really am going insane.

You can't ignore me, Tom.

Who is this?!?!?

ah, that's right

The odd voice chuckles in a deep echo like laugh that doesn't fit the rest of it. It made me even more uneasy than I already was.

I'm you.

That's all I heard. I was brought back to reality as Tord called my name. I look down, and I'm standing over Tord, who is on his back on the padded flooring, looking up to me. I lower my arms from the threatening stance I was in when I "woke up."

"Wha-" I begin not even knowing what to do or say. I don't understand anything that's going on. I reflexively take a step back to process what happened. My feet fly out over me as I trip, and I, too, end up on the floor. My legs, similarly to my arms, have been replaced by awkward masses of purple and talons.

I look at my inhuman limbs in shock and disbelief. What even am I? Then I realized something.

"This is what happened that time those rebels came..." I remember my arm becoming just a purple mass of destruction, slicing into that rebel as well as the now shattered supply closet door. That was one thing, but my whole body can transform like that?

"Yes. Thomas, this is what is known as your monster form, and this is you in full transformation." Tord replies. This is my full transformation? I awkwardly try to hold the mirror the researcher handed me, noting the new ears, horns, and scarily sharp teeth. I thought the voice said something about not fully transforming?

"I'm a monster?"

"More like possessed by one." I hear him chuckle at his comment. How was this funny? Was that the voice I have been hearing.

He thinks he does, but he still doesn't understand us.

Get out of my head! I'm guessing Tord doesn't know about this voice. If I transform back, will the voice go away?

"Will the transformation hurt this much every time?" If it does, then I really don't want to transform again...

"You'll get used to it." Is all he said. Not that I expected him to care, but I wish he weren't so cold about it. Then again, what did I expect? That reminds me...

"Why the heck did you punch me?!?" Was that part really necessary??? I feel anger start to arise in me again, but I try to keep it contained so I don't lose it again.

Tord gets you just so worked up. I love it.

Shut up!

"Eventually, you will be able to summon your transformation, but it can also be caused by intense pain or emotions."

"So you had to hit me???" Between the stress of the situation and my literal demons not being much help, my voice cracks as I ask this, not helping my case much. He laughs at this, and it just puts me over the edge.

Here we go again~

I wanted to, but I didn't all the same. Either way, I think my monster side helped me decide as the next thing I know, we are on top of Tord, pinning him to the ground as he catches his breath. Part of me told me I shouldn't attack my "leader" while the other part of me really enjoyed this oddly. Then again, maybe that was just my monster me talking.

"What are you doing?" Tord questions, finally catching his breath. I feel my face form a wide fang-filled grin as the sharp teeth graze my lips.

"I might as well enjoy having the upper hand while I have it," I say. Or at least my body said because I didn't mean to. I think it was the monster me, and I don't think he just means being stronger than Tord either.

"Tom. Off." Tord booms. I'm on my feet suddenly, and not only that, but I am back to normal. Can this monster me, really control me that much? Why was he willing to go away so easily at Tord's command? I double-check my hands and legs to make sure they are back to normal. I run my hands through my hair in search of horns, but none are found. I even tug at my ears, but they seem to be human enough again. My clothes are all ripped even more than they already were where I transformed, but besides that, there is no proof of me ever being a monster.

"Now that you're back to normal.... As you saw in the past, you don't have to fully transform sometimes. You're able to summon it enough to get a specific part to change. Such as your arm."

How do I summon it without Tord punching me, though? How would I control only part of it at that?

I look at my arm and try to concentrate. If I remember correctly... Tord said it is triggered by emotions and pain. The monster me tried to be quite partial to anger.... I try to purposefully frustrate myself as I think about all the things I can't remember and don't know. I think of how unfair everything is and how much I just want a normal life. Then, I try to focus it all in my arm as if directing it somehow. I feel a small surge go from my head into my arm, and it begins to turn purple. The surge wasn't painful. If anything, it just felt like raw power.

Sure enough, my fingers fuse into claws, and my arm begins to morph, growing in size.

Hello again.

Do you go away when I'm not transformed? What do I even call you?

So many questions.... He laughs again. I just come and go as I please~ You can call me Tomster. I'm literally just you as a monster, anyway.

I don't think I'm going to get too far with Tomster... Not now, at least. Now that I think about it, looking back, there were so many times that I thought that my thoughts were strange. Like they didn't feel like they were mine, but I didn't think too much of it because that would be crazy. Whose thoughts would they be if not mine? Now I know I guess.

How do I transform back now...? I try calming down as much as possible. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I expect my arm to be back to normal when I open them, but news flash: It's not.

"How do I transform back???" I start to panic a bit, and I notice the fingertips of my other hand beginning to turn purple. Of course, this causes more panic, and the process begins to speak up. All I hear is Tomster's laugh ringing throughout my head.

"Here," Tord rolls his eyes, handing me a flask.

"How will this help?!?!" I yell, still panicking.

"You're Tom. Just drink. It will help."

I take the flask with my hand that's quickly becoming more and more purple and spill the contents of the flask into my mouth. Instantly, my throat starts to burn with the familiar taste of alcohol. It's no Smirnoff, but it was enough.

"Don't get too drunk on me, eh?" Tord laughs lightly, taking the now almost empty flask from me. I obviously didn't hesitate to drink more when I discovered it was alcohol. I look down, and I am once more back to normal. Or at least my body was back to normal.

Overall, I don't seem to be a very normal person.

****************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 58 29
Tord wanted to stay with his old friends, he didn't want to cover up his emotions towards Tom with hatred. But he couldn't, as he had an Army to lea...
171K 4.2K 26
WARNING this will have mature content abuse etc its a dark time the red army took over and tom thought tord was dead but in reality he survived how...
22.4K 254 40
A Tordtom fanfic!!! !!!WARNING SMUT AND ANGST!!!!!! Tom had been away from his friends for awhile. One day when he got a call from someone he hated...
498 13 11
.Β·Ν™*Μ©Μ©Ν™ΛšΜ©Μ₯Μ©Μ₯*Μ©Μ©Μ₯Ν™γ€€βœ©γ€€*Μ©Μ©Μ₯Ν™ΛšΜ©Μ₯Μ©Μ₯*̩̩͙‧͙ . After Tord left, things have not been the same. Tom isolated himself and drowned his sorrows with alcohol to...