WATTPAD FACTS 101 (WATTY'S 20...

By _chimmychim

Wattpad tips and facts More

COPYRIGHT
WATTPAD
EBOOK DAYS
LEGENDARY AUTHORS
NEW GENERATION
EBOOK VS. APP
GROWTH AND FUNDING
AWARDS
WATTPAD AFTER DARK
PUBLISHING
WATTPAD IN THE PHILIPPINES
MOVIES
STORY THEMESONGS
FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
BOY READER
SECOND LEAD SYNDROME
WATTPAD BESTSELLING AUTHOR
PLAGIARISM
BINASA PERO DI TINAPOS FEELING
LINES FROM FAVORITE WATTPAD STORY
AUTHOR VS WRITER
KINDS OF READERS
Only Social Media Platform for Readers and Writers That is at Scale
COMPLAINT
Success on Wattpad is Hackable
How do I Get my Story Featured?
WATTPAD LAB
Authors
Pen names

Wattpad's Algorithm

254 3 0
By _chimmychim

Post Stories Wattpadders Will Want to Read and that Wattpad’s Algorithm Won’t Punish

This is a tough one — drawing the line between artistic integrity and marketability. Stories with a romantic storyline over-index on the site, but certain kinds of experimental work does quite well. The piece that broke me out on Wattpad was a novel in which each chapter was based on a Tumblr prompt. I also had points working against me. My stories are rated “Mature” because they contain frank discussions of sex and suicidal ideation. This means none of my books will ever make Wattpad’s Hot List (an excellent way to get discovered on the site). Much of the most popular fanfiction is erotica, and “adults only” material is not favoured by Wattpad’s algorithms. If you are looking to spread your wings, it might still be worth it to cross-post to Wattpad and try to gain some new readers. If you’re not married to the inclusion of the explicit material, consider dialling the sexual content back to “mature” to cast a wider net.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.7K 64
"Love is like war,easy to begin but very hard to stop." Alastair Gray McKlein- a wealthy young-man guy with an epitome of God except to his personali...
58.1K 95 12
❌️ MATURE CONTENT ❌️ | one-shot | smut | mature | | bxg | g×g | bxb | random | People and their desires. Wildness. Secret. Lust. What does it take...
264K 369 150
I don't own this story credits to the rightful owner 🔞
5.9M 274K 72
In the near dystopian future where the population has blown up, women and the poor are more oppressed, and those with positions who abuse their power...