Afterglow [Shawn Mendes x Rea...

By DelicateStyle

Y/n was Aaliyah's tutor and best friend, even though she has known the Mendes family for years she's never m... More

Introduction ~ 2020 Edition ~
Chapter 1 - Let Me Sleep
Chapter 2 - Unexpectedly Gorgeous
Chapter 3 - Mother Knows Best
Chapter 4 - FEELINGS
Chapter 5 - Netflix and Mendes
Chapter 6 - Little Sister
Chapter 7 - Fan Reactions
Chapter 8 - Thinking About You
Chapter 9 - Come London With Me
Chapter 10 - Mum Can We Talk?...I Knew It
Chapter 11 - Are you okay?
Chapter 12 - I'm Not Ready For This
Chapter 13 - London Bound
Chapter 15 - Messed Up
Chapter 16 - Y/n's Breakdown
Character Update
Story Filler, New Year
Chapter 17 - Social Life
Chapter 18 - Time To Talk
Chapter 19 - Upload Day!
Chapter 20 - Video Aftermath
Chapter 21 - Be Alright
Chapter 22 - Reunite?
Chapter 23 - Pressure
Chapter 24 - Out of The Blue
Chapter 25 - My Heart Takes Over
Chapter 26 - Paper Hearts
🌸T H A N K🌸Y O U🌸
Chapter 27- Like To Be You
Chapter 28 - One Kiss
Chapter 29 - Taking You
Happy 20th Birthday Shawnie❤️
Chapter 30 - Most Likely
Chapter 31 - Ask Her!
Don't Hate Me Please
Chapter 32 - Amsterdam
Chapter 33 - European Holiday

Chapter 14 - EMAs 2017

4.9K 82 92
By DelicateStyle

Andrew's P.O.V

All morning I have had Hailey's PR team try to contact me and try to get images of her and Shawn together, I understand that Hailey and Shawn are both young and their "relationship" would be  a perfect news story and gossip.

However, I know that Shawn wants to date y/n ever since he met the damn girl he's been fascinated by her, I believe y/n is good for him whereas Hailey gives me that bad vibe especially after all that Bieber drama from last year.

I maybe wrong about Hailey but Shawn has already got his eyes on a girl and that's y/n and there is no way that I'll get in the way of his love life, he's an adult now and I must respect his decisions plus y/n sounds like a lovely girl.

Plus I saw on Instagram today that Shawn and y/n have had a lovely morning together now I've got both of them in different hotel rooms getting ready for the EMAs. I just need to keep Shawn away from Hailey or in fact Hailey away from Shawn, since I have a feeling that by the end of today someone is going to end up in tears.

Shawn's P.O.V

Ever since me and y/n uploaded them photos on Instagram the newspapers were already generating rumours and just like y/n's mates my own lads were texting me on our group chat questioning about what was going on and asking about Hailey. I don't see why she's being mentioned I cannot stand the girl and she's using my name for attention, Bieber warned me about her when I saw him at the Drake concert a few months ago.

*3 New Messages*

Niall: My boy got himself a date after all these years #proud

Charlie: So that's who y/n is

Niall: So you finally got the girl then Mendes

Shawn: We're not together 

Charlie: Well she's a stunner

Shawn: She's beautiful but I'm probably going to lose her soon

Charlie: WHHYYY

Justin: Hailey...

Niall: Mate I'm going to be there tonight, trust me I'll keep an eye out for you

Shawn: Thanks Ni but I feel like Hailey will pounce on me and then y/n will hate me

Justin: Trust us we want you and y/n together, we're gonna make sure this relationship works

I need to stay away from Hailey especially if y/n see's me and her together. I can't lose y/n not because of some girl who has a bad reputation but plays the victim and acts completely innocent.

I'm not getting into her web of lies.

Lets get this award show over and done with, I need to find y/n's room we have to be leaving soon and I don't want her out of my sight.

Tonight will be about me and y/n.

Y/n's P.O.V

Arriving at the EMAs is insane there are cameras everywhere and so much noise, there's too many people here. Thankfully, no ones looking at me but we haven't even got to the carpet yet.

Me and Shawn are in the car behind Niall Horan one of Shawn's close mates who I've never met before. But he sounds nice enough hopefully I can meet him tonight it might help me fit in with Shawn's group.

The car pulls up to the carpet and Shawn gets out first, not even one step onto the carpet before all attention was on him and cameras are all pointing towards him. However, Shawn ignores them and reaches a hand out towards me.

I grab Shawn's hand as he closes the door behind us and we walk down the carpet.

"You look amazing babe" Shawn whispers in my ear.

"You're not so bad yourself" I laugh earning a twirl from Shawn.

"I'm nervous people are looking" I say hiding behind Shawn.

"Babe, you're beautiful and I'm lucky to have you as my date people are looking because they want to be you" Shawn says squeezing my hand.

Shawn goes to his interview with MTV leaving me alone but thankfully I see Niall standing at the end of the carpet.

"Hey...erm Niall right?" I ask Niall walking up to him.

"Y/n! Such a pleasure to meet you" Niall happily says hugging me.

"Shawn's in an interview and I don't know anyone here" I say.

"Well that's a lie you have me" Niall laughs.

While I'm chatting to Niall at the end of the carpet I see Hailey Baldwin walk up to Shawn mid interview. She stands awfully close to him and kisses his cheek before she tries to hold his hand but Shawn stands away from her however the interviewer was almost forcing them closer.

"Niall can we go? I want to leave" I ask Niall.

Seeing Shawn and Hailey so close hurts me but he's not saying anything to stop the interview. Why isn't he saying anything? Push her away Shawn...nothing well I'll just go and let him have fun with Hailey.

"Are you sure y/n?" Niall asks.

"Please Niall, I'll see you at the after party I just need to go I can't see this" I tell Niall.

Niall guides me away from the carpet and I give Shawn one more glance before walking away. Me and Shawn don't even make eye contact, but I do see Hailey holding his hand as they both walk away from the interview.

Niall's P.O.V

That boy!

Tonight is about him and y/n yet he does an interview and that Hailey girl comes into the shot, poor y/n was left stranded.

But super Niall is here to save the day and rescue the poor girl.

I knew Hailey was trouble, now y/n looks heartbroken and going back to the hotel all alone.

*New Text Message*

Shawn: No where's y/n?

Niall: She left

Shawn: Left?

Niall: She wanted to leave the carpet

Shawn: Why? Is she okay?

Niall: No! You IDIOT! she saw you with Hailey

Shawn: WHAT!

Niall: You've f***** up now mate

Shawn: I... I just...Ni help

I'm not even going to reply to him, Shawn needs to realise what has happened tonight. But no matter what I will get y/n out to the after party.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 6.7K 54
"I know you're broken, and I know you're a mess. But I will try to fix you." ♡ completed 03.13.17 ?
25K 731 38
To you, he was your idol, your everything, your biggest inspiration. But to him, you were just another fan in the crowd. That was, until his eyes met...
85.5K 1.8K 27
"We can't let her know." ***** Mari is Aaliyah's best friend. Shawn is Aaliyah's brother. What happens when both Mari and Shawn clash together? Will...