Salem Academy of Sorcery (Har...

Von Slytherinwitch13

"Few people can say they have managed to escape death once, but not many can say they have escaped death twic... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three: End of Part One
Part Two: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Five

19.9K 747 288
Von Slytherinwitch13

Thanks for reading x To your right is how I imagined Kent.

Chapter Five

Once Idella was dressed and ready to go, we managed to make it for the last five minutes of breakfast before we had to leave for class. Luckily our schedules were similar. We had all of our non-electives together. Irdrea students were known for sitting in the front of the classroom, which Idella and I did. The two of us sat in the front row closest to the window. After placing my books on the table and getting out my parchment and quill, I admired the view from the window. We were right along the coast and I watched as the soft waves crashed upon the rocks while Idella turned around to speak with Colin. Charlie was seated next to him but the Agrethance girls in the row behind them were distracting him with their obvious flirting. This class was strictly sixth years so I didn't have to worry about running into Grant at least.

While admiring the beautiful view, a peculiar feeling was appearing in my hands. I sat up straighter and moved my fingers around. Suddenly there was an itching sensation in my hands and they began getting hot. How strange...I stared at them while twirling my wrists around. "Bradley..." Idella said in a confused tone. I turned to my right to see Idella and Colin staring at me...along with a few other students. "Something wrong?"

"No," I responded quickly putting my hands on the table. "Nothing at all." I smiled reassuringly and she nodded with a laugh. The itch and burn was slowly disappearing and although I was curious as to why, I decided to let it go. Maybe it was back to school nerves?

The class quickly filled up as the start time was approaching. I looked around and saw that Selina and her friends were entering the room. They took the seats in the back. Not long after, Professor Rastrick entered at the sound of the bell. She was short and on the heavier side with graying brown hair, but always wore a pleasant smile. "Good morning and welcome back," she said as she made her way to the front of the room in her dark purple robes. "Welcome to another year of charms. I'll start with attendance." I was always one of the last students called since my last name began with W. Bancroft was called, Charlie was always near the beginning. "Beckingham, Selina," she called. Looking out of the corner of my eye, Selina simply raised her hand without looking up. "Oh Selina, have you heard anything from Sofia? I've been thinking of all those over in England and Scotland."

Selina looked up with a cold expression. "We haven't heard from her in months actually," Selina stated bored. That wasn't technically the truth. Selina hasn't heard from her sister in months, but her parents have. Professor Rastrick's face flushed with sympathy.

"Oh dear," she exclaimed sadly. "Well I hope the best for her. Lovely girl, great student." Selina's face flashed utter distaste as she looked away from Professor Rastrick and over at the bookshelf next to her. The attendance was continued, reaching my name, and ending with 'Wilkinson, Andrew'. I have had Professor Rastrick on several other occasions and she was a great teacher. She always began the year with an overview of the course and taught us a few quick and easy charms.

Next we all had Herbology with Professor Cadwallader. He was the Head of House for Irdrea so I loved having him as a teacher. He also taught Potions. Professor Cadwallader was in Irdrea when he went to Salem so he shared similar qualities to our house. He was very organized and knew much about the subjects he was teaching. The broad, light haired man was sitting up front at his desk simply reading a book. He once told us that he read ten new books every week in order to increase his knowledge. Unlike Professor Rastrick, he liked to jump right into things and assigned us a week long assignment. I was paired up with Charlie and we had to take on a Venomous Tentacula. Of course on the first day Professor Cadwallader assigns us to work with one of the most dangerous plants. Yet I liked a challenge and Charlie seemed entertained by the plant.

"Where are you off to next?" Charlie asked me as we left Herbology.

"Medical Approaches," I said and his eyes widened.

"Wow that's a tough one," he said shaking his head. "I can't believe you gave up your break. Well, actually, I can believe it." I smiled and shrugged. "See you later."  He, Idella, Collin, and a few others walked off towards the common room for their break while I headed to the second floor. I wondered who else would be in Medical Approaches. It wasn't necessarily a very popular class, as it covered both muggle and wizard approaches to healing. I wanted to be a mediwizard so I wanted to learn as much as I could on the subject.

Unsurprisingly the class was in a much smaller room with only eight tables, it mustn't have been a very popular elective. The first row was already taken by seventh year Irdrea students. There were two Eztroprea students seated in the middle. I took a seat in the middle row against the wall as the room began to fill. Deciding to glance through my textbook, I flipped through a few of the pages I had already gone over. "Bradley," a voice said from behind me. I turned over my shoulder and was surprised to see Kent standing there. "Mind if I sit here?" Every table had at least one person already.

"Not at all," I said smiling. Kent took a seat. I never spoke with him alone before. Frankly, I didn't know much about him. I knew from Grant that he had a sad family history but didn't know much of it. If Grant saw us sitting together he would be pissed at Kent and even more cold to me.

"What got you to pick Medical Approaches?" he asked me.

"I want to be a Mediwizard," I answered. His face brightened.

"Me too," he replied pushing a hand through his dark hair. "Most people usually want to become healers to avoid the extra years of training."

"I know," I responded with a laugh. "What is it, seven extra years now?" I asked with an amused look. In order to become a Mediwizard you had to first become a certified Healer and then train amongst other Mediwizards for seven years. There were several different exams you had to take as well that I didn't want to even think about right now.

"Eight by the time you graduate," he joked with a laugh. We had Professor Sheringham who was a tiny, gray haired, and a retired Mediwizard. She had a stern face and was strict, but was excellent at her subject. My hand was in pain at the end of class from all the notes we had to take. She was starting off with muggle approaches and it was extremely complicated considering I didn't know much about muggle technology. Kent was a pureblood and seemed just as confused as I was. A few muggleborn Irdrea students were in the class and it was likely I would be asking them to explain later on tonight.

Class was dismissed and we got up to leave. "Well this is going to be a tough seventh year," Kent said to me. I nodded in agreement. "I'll see you around." Before I could say goodbye he said, "And ignore Grant." He shook his head. "Don't let him get to you." I was surprised he even bought Grant up, but I smiled in response.

"I won't," I replied. "I'll see you around." My stomach was growling but at least I only had one more class, Advanced History of Magic, before lunch. With the amount of work I was going to have to in Medical Approaches, I really wish I had my free period now. At least we got O.W.L.'s over with last year. Unfortunately, some of us had N.E.W.T's. to look forward too. I was taking four of them.

After lunch we had Potions with Professor Cadwallader and once again were assigned a difficult potion, Draught of Living Death. Idella was my partner and the two of us worked well together, creating a successful potion in the end. Another elective class was next. For the first half of the year I was taking Advanced Care of Magical Creatures and after winter break I would switch to Ancient Archaeology. Idella convinced me to take Advanced Care of Magical Creatures with her considering she was obsessed with being outdoors. I did love the creatures, but wasn't a fan of Professor Roberts. When we arrived she put us into pairs and with my luck I was paired up with Selina. Selina was probably going to expect me to do all of the work. Our assignment was to identify three magical creatures that were commonly found in Salem. Selina didn't do much, but she did locate a small water creature for us. It was a common creature that muggle's didn't even realize existed, called a Chimerelle. Muggles often mistake it for coral when it washed up onto shore.

Finally I had my last class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Eztoprea House Head, Professor Halliwell. He was a tall dark haired man with tan skin and pale eyes. I knew everyone was interested in why the class was changed to 'defense against', but everyone had similar assumptions. Once again Idella wanted to sit with Colin so I told her to go on and took a seat next to Charlie. His head was rested on his hand as he stared across the room. I didn't even have to look to know who he was staring at. "Could you be any more obvious?" I whispered taking a seat.

"I can't help it," he replied sitting up straight and turning towards me. He most definitely was looking over at Selina.

"I will never understand what you see in her," I laughed shaking my head. Professor Halliwell was already in the class and pacing back and forth in his dark emerald robes as the students gathered in. Finally when the bell rang he stopped in the middle and turned to face us.

"Another year," he began. "You all managed to pass your Dark Arts O.W.L., but this year we will be focusing on defensive spells. Why? Because I'm sure you are familiar with the current war going on and the Academy wants you all to be well-prepared." He was the first teacher to actually talk about the war all day. No student wanted to ask on the first day. "By the end of this year, you will all be well enough prepared if anything comes your way." I hoped he was right.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

644 60 15
Last book to my series Who Knew... Join Abby Weasley on another year where she sees Snape take over, sees people die, and falls in love ALL over agai...
23K 1.4K 49
Attention, potential readers of my book! Brace yourselves for a rollercoaster of emotions, because in "My Missing Piece (Harmione)," you'll find more...
18.6K 686 38
This is the story of.....me, Luna Lovegood! As you can see, the events from my years at Hogwarts were anything but predictable, so sit back and enjoy...
244 0 1