The Truth

By MaryWis92

At the age of sixteen Camil's parents died in a tragic unexplained car accident. This accident left her and h... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 10.

26 5 0
By MaryWis92

Camil.

"James, what's the matter ?" I ask James while he drives us to the airport. He looks worried, something is going on. I'm sure. I just need to find out what it's all about.

"You'll find out when we arrive in the airport," He answers simply.

His replies are so vague. He is hiding something. Well, I need to wait before we will get there.

We arrive as uncle said, in 30 minutes. While entering the building I see Jared is already waiting for us with our bags.

As we approach, Jared and James glance at each other then Jared turns to me.

"Cam, don't worry we just wanted to make you a surprise...Daren knows how much you wanted to go to Paris, so we're leaving there before London,"

"Are you serious?" I can't believe it, is he joking? I asked Daren like thousand times to go there, but he didn't allow me and now!" I say in shock.

"Yes, it's actually was Daren's idea, he wanted to come, but something urgent came up." He says with a slight smile.

"No wonder..." that's all I can say.

"But what about Lexi? I didn't even have a chance to see her,"

"Don't worry, she will come to visit you when you settle in London," James says quickly.

"Ok, if you say so..." I'm still in shock and very confused.

"Sorry James we need to go, our flight is soon," Jared interrupts my thoughts.

"Camil, enjoy your time in Paris, be a good girl, I love you," James hugs me.

I pull out of his hug, James shakes Jared's hand.

"Jared take care of her, we will speak to you soon".

Jared putts his hand on my waist and leads the way to the check-in.

We make our way to the line, I look at the boar and then to Jared.

"J I think we are standing in the wrong line, it's check-in to the flight to Barcelona," I say.   

"No, all good, we have to fly to Barcelona then we will catch a train to Paris." He says smiling at me.

"But why? Can't we go straight to Paris?" I ask him back with a confused face.

"Camil, just don't be mad, I just need to meet with someone there, it will take us only one hour and then we will go to Paris!" Jared replies.

"I can't believe it! Daren asked you, am I right?" I ask him angrily.

"Something like that...Camil you know I can't say no to your brother," he smiles at me.

"I know, he does it all the time...why can't he do it himself?"

"Camil, he is very busy and you know it, it's nothing really,"

"You know what?!" I ask J angrily.

He looks at me with a questioning look.

"Never mind," I tell him and take my phone.

Really I can't be mad at J, it's not his fault. He is just doing what he was asked to do.

***

During our flight I was thinking a lot about what happened, about my family, about my study and suddenly I caught myself thinking about the guy I met few days ago. 

After the accident I shut myself down and I still do. It's incredibly hard for me to open up to new people. All because of the fear I have now, the fear I can lose them like I lost my parent. I won't handle it.

Now I'm sitting and looking at the clouds and thinking about Daren. I'm so mad at him, but deep down I know that I can't be angry with him for long time. Besides him and James, J and Lexi are the only family I have. So soon we will come to normal, but before that, he needs to apologize.

I'm deep down in my thoughts when I feel someone's head on my shoulder. I turn my head and see J. He is sleeping, he is more sweet when he is asleep. Now I remember what my uncle told me about him, maybe he is right and I should give it a try. And like the flash my mind brought the thought about that guy, Theo. 

Why am I even thinking about him? I saw him only twice.

"Hey," I hear Jared's soft voice.

"Hey J," I look at him and he smiles at me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing, just things," I reply simply, but somehow J always knows what I'm thinking about. He can simply read me.

"You know he loves you more than anything and he is just trying to protect you, after what happened with your parents he is afraid of losing you...you're his sister and he cares about you, he wants you to be happy even when sometimes he does stupid things..." 

I stay silent. He takes my hand and hold it with his. He always does it. Always makes me feel comfortable.

I don't know how long we seat like this when I hear the captain's announcement.

***

"Now we're going to meet with this guy and after that, we'll head to the train station," Jared says going to a taxi.

We get into the taxi and the taxi driver starts the movement. J is talking to him, ok not talking but trying to because it seems like our driver barely knows English, but still, he looks like an incredibly sweet old man who adores his city.

After 20 minutes the car stops, Jared pays to the taxi driver, we say our goodbyes and we leave.

Now we are going to the restaurant where we suppose to meet this guy. A few minutes after the guy is here. Now we're seating and having our lunch with friendly conversation.

And again this thought crosses my mind, again I'm thinking about him.
I don't even know why?

"Cam, are you done? We need to go," Jared brings me back.

"Oh, sorry I zoned out, yeah sure," I answer him with a slight smile.

"Tell Mr.Wesley that it will be settled," says the guy we are meeting with, his name is Javier.

We all stand up, Javier comes to escort us to the exit then he takes my hand, kisses it and says looking straight into my eyes.

"It was a pleasure to meet you... both"

With the corner of my eye, I see how Jared clenches his hand into a fist. Probably we're in a hurry and J doesn't want to be late.

Jared and Javier shake their hands and we leave the restaurant. Taxi is already waiting for us outside. While our drive to the station I ask Jared with a small laugh.

"J what was that?"

"What?" He looks at me.

"Are you serious right now?" I laugh at him.

"I've no idea what are you talking about!" Now he says with a serious face.

"Well, then excuse me Mr. Grumpy," I look at him the serious face and in a second we're both laughing.

The taxi stops, I guess we're here. Jared pays for the taxi and we leave to find our train.

It was pretty funny to watch J. He is so sweet and carrying, always smiles and laughs. It seems like he didn't ever know sadness, but unfortunately he did.

Both our families were close. Jared's father was my dad's best friend, so since we were babies we spent all our time together, the three of us, Daren, Jared and me. Then we met Lexi and from that moment it was four of us.

Jared's mother left when he was two, he doesn't remember her, so it was only him and his dad. When he was thirteen his father went to the business trip and he never came back. We only knew that he left the hotel he was staying in and since that moment no one knew where he was. His father Arthur was considered as missing, my dad tried to find him, but it was pointless, like Arthur never existed. Since then Jared lived with us, my parents thought of him as their second son.

And for that, I admire him, no matter how hard it was for him he never stopped smiling.

Now I look at him and remember James's words. Once again.

"Hey Cam how do you feel?" Jared asks while he takes his seat near me.

" I'm fine, just a bit tired,"

"You need to rest, we've about five hours till we get to Paris,"

"Yeah I just need to find a comfortable position, you know I've never did so much seating," I laugh at him.

I turn my head to look at the window and after a few seconds, I drift to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 90 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
7.3K 401 54
• Mature Audience ~ (Trigger Warning) It will contain strong language, physical, mental trauma, smut and smoking. • A fatal attraction between a da...
268K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
98.7K 5.4K 40
(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They took everything from me. My parents, my sister, my dreams, my sanity. My mission is simple. Destroy those who des...