Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 20 - Blood Family

1.4K 23 10
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Damon: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in a flashback in Stefan's room, Stefan was sitting on his bed, shirtless.

Katherine stood nearby.

"I want you all to myself," Stefan told her.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in a flashback in Damon's room, Katherine and Damon were in bed.

Katherine: (voice over from 1.13 Children of the Damned) "Just as he wants me."

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in a flashback in Stefan's room, Stefan was sitting on his bed, shirtless.

Katherine stood nearby. "But I'm the one who gets to make all the rules."

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in a flashback in Stefan's room, Katherine was laying on the floor, weakened by vervain.

Stefan knelt next to her worriedly, shirtless.

Giuseppe stood next to him. "Go get the sheriff. We have a vampire."

"No!" Stefan told him.

Later, Giuseppe watched the Sheriff place a muzzle over Katherine's head.

The sheriff and another man picked Katherine up, carrying her off.

Damon ran into the room. "No! Don't take her!" 

Giuseppe grabbed Damon, pushing him against the wall. "You'll be killed along with them!"

Kaylin stood in the hallway, watching them take Katherine in absolute confusion, too stunned and frightened to move.  

Damon grabbed his father by his shoulders, making eye contact angrily. "Then let me be killed!"

Kaylin watched hopelessly.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in a flashback, in town, a man shot Cristian through his chest. The bullet seemed to be laced with vervain, burning his skin and wound, making him weak, falling to the ground.

Stefan and Kaylin were watching.

Kaylin started to run forward. "No! Cristian!"

Stefan held Kaylin back. "Kaylin, no." Kaylin pulled away from Stefan, crying silently. Stefan placed his hands on her shoulders. "We're going to get them back. Katherine, Cristian... Okay?"

Kaylin nodded.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the woods, Nicola held a hand to her head weakly, barely able to stand. "Stefan?" She could barely keep her eyes open, starting to fall to the ground. Stefan caught her in his arms. He looked at the blood from her wounds, lost in a trance. Nicola noticed, trying to pull away. "Stefan..." Stefan noticed that blood was on his fingers, slowly licking it away. Nicola looked away weakly, closing her eyes. "No, Stefan, don't."

Stefan transformed, fighting the urge for as long as he could. "I'm so sorry."

Nicola struggled weakly. "Stefan, Stefan!" Stefan, unable to resist the urge any longer, bit Nicola on her neck, feeding. "Stefan!"

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan opened a deep freezer to reveal several more blood bags.

Damon: (voice over from 1.19 Miss Mystic Falls) "Stefan's still drinking human blood."

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the woods, Stefan grabbed Eliza's arms tightly, easily holding her still, biting her neck, feeding hungrily, making her scream in pain.

Elena, Alex, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola ran closer, the girls each having their jackets.

"Stefan!" Alex told him. 

Stefan let Eliza go, pushing her aside.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in Stefan's room, Elena and Stefan were arguing.

"The blood brings out what's inside of me," Stefan told her. "I wanted to drain every once of blood from Eliza's body."

"I'm not gonna give up on you, Stefan," Elena told him. "I believe in you."

 "Stop!" Stefan told her, pushing her against the wall, hitting the wall. "Stop!" Elena looked at him in fear. Stefan calmed down, realizing what he was doing. "I'm so sorry."  

Stefan leaned his head against her shoulder.

"It's okay," Elena told him. "Stefan, it's okay. You're gonna be okay."

Elena took a vervain dart, stabbing him with it.

Stefan was immediately effected by the vervain, falling. 

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon and Kaylin placed Stefan into the cell, walking out of it.

Nicola closed the cell door, locking it.

Alex and Elena were leaning against the wall nearby. 

-~-

Flashback 1 - "The Night They Died"/Now Montage

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was locked up in the basement cell, hallucinating due to the lack of blood.

-

Flashback- 1864

Night - Woods 

The town was capturing vampires, putting muzzles over their faces so they couldn't bite them. 

"We have to get to the church," a man told the others. "They're waiting." 

Damon, Stefan and Kaylin were in hiding. 

Kaylin looked at Damon and Stefan. "Circle around that way. I'll distract them." She gave them a look. "You get both Katherine and Cristian, and I'll return shortly to help." She walked out of hiding toward the men, gesturing in the opposite direction of the carriage. "Over here! There's another one! Quick! Help me!" 

"Arm yourselves," Jonathan told the other men. 

The men followed Kaylin away from the carriage.

Only one man was standing guard over the carriage containing the vampires.

Damon hit him on the head, making him unconscious before he fell to the ground, grabbing the keys out of the man's pocket, unlocking the carriage.

Stefan stood next to him anxiously, looking in the direction Kaylin and the men had gone. "We don't have long." 

Damon opened the carriage, seeing Katherine and Cristian inside. "Katherine. Cristian." 

Damon and Stefan lifted Katherine out of the carriage, lying her on the ground, untying her, taking off the muzzle that covered her mouth.

Stefan turned toward Cristian in the carriage. "We're going to get you out of here." He looked at Damon for help to get Cristian. "Damon, help me. Hurry." 

Damon turned to help. 

Someone shot Damon in the chest, making him fall to the ground. 

Kaylin had been running closer, stopping in shock and horror, processing. "No! No, Damon." 

Kaylin ran closer. 

The man that had shot Damon lowered his bayonet gun, meaning the gun had a spear attached to its barrel. 

Stefan knelt next to Damon worriedly, in denial. 

Damon exhaled his last human breath, dying. 

"Damon," Kaylin told him. "Oh..." 

A horse neighed in the distance. 

Men ran toward them.

"I think we got one," one of them told the others. 

Stefan stood, running toward the guard's gun, picking it up to shoot. 

The same man who had shot Damon shot Stefan in the chest, making him fall to the ground. 

Kaylin reached her brothers' sides in despair and denial. "Stefan!" She knelt next to them, crying. Stefan exhaled his last human breath, dying. "Stefan! No!" 

-

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was lying on the cot. 

Damon and Kaylin were in front of him now.

"Stefan," Kaylin told him. "Stefan. Stefan."

Stefan was too lost to answer.

-

Flashback 1 "The Night They Died" - 1864

Night - Woods 

The men continued to run toward them.

Katherine looked at Kaylin weakly. "Kaylin." 

Kaylin looked at Katherine, crying. "Katherine." 

"You'll see them again," Katherine told her. 

Kaylin looked at her in confusion. 

Two men took both of Kaylin's arms, pulling her away. 

Kaylin struggled. "No!" Two other men put Katherine back into the carriage. "Katherine!" The men closed the door. Kaylin saw Cristian through the bars of the window. "Cristian!" The carriage was driven away. The two men let Kaylin go, backing away from her as she continued to struggle. The man who had shot Stefan and Damon turned toward Kaylin. Kaylin looked at him in shocked, horrified recognition. "You!" She hit his chest. "You killed them." 

The man took Kaylin's shoulder, using the bayonet gun to run Kaylin's stomach through, making her cry out in pain as it pierced through her back, making her lean forward against his shoulder just to keep standing. He pulled the spear-like bayonet out of her stomach, making her gasp in pain, letting her fall to the ground. 

Kaylin landed between Damon and Stefan, looking from one brother on one side of her to the other on the other side of her painfully. She looked toward the sky, exhaling her last human breath, dying. 

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

-

Day One

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Basement 

Damon and Kaylin were outside of the cell, standing with Alex, Elena and Nicola.

Elena was watching Stefan through the barred window. "It's so hard to see him locked up like this." 

"You're the one who locked him up," Kaylin told her.

"You all helped," Elena told them. 

"We couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires now, could we?" Damon replied.

Nicola looked at him knowingly, unconvinced. "It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?"

"Your thing, not mine," Damon told them.

"Yeah, okay," Alex told him sarcastically. "We'll pretend that we believe that." 

Damon gave Alex a sarcastic look, walking past her, leaving.

Alex smirked, satisfied by the reaction she had gotten from him, walking away. 

Elena rolled her eyes, following them.

Nicola started to follow them until she realized that Kaylin still hadn't moved. "Kaylin? You okay?" 

"I'm fine, Nikki," Kaylin answered. "Just thinking."

"Thinking about?" Nicola asked.

"A lot of things," Kaylin answered.

"Well, that's not frustratingly vague," Nicola told her sarcastically. Kaylin sighed. "Seriously. Kaylin. What's going on?" 

Kaylin looked at Nicola for a moment. 

-

Flashback 2 - 1864

Day - Steven's Quarry 

Kaylin woke, gasping herself to life as a vampire. She looked at the blood gathered in her red gown, taking off her black shawl, feeling along the gown where the blood was, but unable to feel the wound. 

Emily walked toward her. "Kaylin. You're all right." 

"Where am I?" Kaylin asked. 

"The quarry just north of town," Emily answered. "My brother and I brought you here last night. We found you dead in the woods." 

"How am I..." Kaylin trailed off in confusion. "How am I alive?" 

"You're not... completely," Emily told her. "You're in transition to become a vampire... Kaylin. You had vampire blood in your system when you were killed." 

"What?" Kaylin asked. "How? Who?" 

"I wish I could know the answer to tell you," Emily told her. 

Kaylin looked at Emily in realization. "The wine." 

"What?" Emily asked.

"The wine from last night," Kaylin told her. "There was something different about it. I couldn't put my finger on it... until now. Who's was it, Emily?" 

"I don't know," Emily told her. "If it was Katherine's, Cristian's, or someone else's, I couldn't tell you." She held Kaylin's daylight necklace toward her. "If you choose to finish the transition, you'll need this." 

Kaylin took the necklace, looking at it thoughtfully. "What is it?" 

"It's a daylight necklace," Emily answered. "You'll need it if you are to walk in the sun, like they did." She held another gown toward Kaylin. "This was Katherine's, in case you need a change of clothing." 

Kaylin looked at Emily. "Where are Stefan and Damon?" 

Emily looked toward the quarry.

Stefan and Damon were sitting together at the quarry side. Damon was shirtless.

Kaylin slowly walked toward Stefan and Damon, sitting on the other side of Damon.

Stefan looked at their sister in relief. "Kaylin."

"I woke up last night," Damon told them. "I didn't know where I was. I went to the church. And I watched them drag them inside. Then they set fire to it. And the whole church went up into flames. They killed them. They're gone." 

-

Now 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room

(Song:) Marching On (Timbo Version) - Timberland featuring OneRepublic 

Damon was messing with the device Pearl had given to Kaylin and Nicola in the previous chapter. 

Kaylin was standing next to him, looking at it curiously. 

Nicola walked into the room with a glass of water, standing across the table from them.

"Nicola's drinking something other than alcohol," Damon told her tauntingly. "I'm shocked." 

"Ha ha," Nicola told him sarcastically, placing her glass down, looking at the device. "Did you ever figure out what that is?" 

"Nope," Damon answered. Alex and Elena walked into the room from behind Damon and Kaylin. "Whatever it is, it doesn't work." 

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asked. 

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket watch," Nicola told them.

"That Jonathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist," Kaylin told them.

Damon looked at Alex and Elena. "Have either of you spoken to your uncle lately?" 

"No," Elena answered. "Because I've been here most nights." 

"I've been avoiding him," Alex told them. "He's been bugging me about where Elena's at, or anything else, really, so..." 

"Alex, are you asking if you can stay here until your uncle takes the hint and leaves you alone?" Damon asked.

"Is that a problem?" Alex asked.

"Yes," Kaylin told her sarcastically, turning to look at Alex. "You're a complete nuisance." 

Damon shrugged, looking at Alex. "It'd give me someone to piss off, so I'm giving the green light on that one, Alex."

Alex laughed sarcastically. 

"See you guys later," Elena told them. 

Alex and Elena walked out of the room. 

Nicola walked away from the table, toward a chair that her bag was lying in, picking it up, following Alex and Elena. 

-

Mystic Falls High School - Outside 

Jeremy was walking across campus.

Anna joined him, taking out one of his ear buds. "Hey. Surprise." 

"What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked, taking out the other ear bud. 

"Picking up this," Anna told him, showing him a piece of paper.

"A class schedule?" Jeremy asked. 

"Starting tomorrow, I'm officially a student here," Anna told him.

"You're kidding me, right?" Jeremy asked.

"No," Anna answered. "I finally beat my mom down." 

Jeremy chuckled. "But why would you want to go to high school? It blows." 

"Do I really need to answer that?" Anna asked. 

"You'd suffer through all this just to hang out with me?" Jeremy asked.

"Yeah," Anna answered. "I would." 

"That's, um..." Jeremy trailed off. 

"Stupid?" Anna suggested. "Pathetic? Old lurky me?" 

"It's awesome," Jeremy told her. "It's awesome." 

Jeremy and Anna kissed. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was sitting up on the cot, hanging his head.

Kaylin stood on the other side of the door, holding a bottle of blood. "Brought you something to eat. 100% Stefan Diet approved." She tossed the bottle into the cell through the barred window. The bottle landed on the floor. Stefan didn't react. "You know what will happen if you don't eat. You'll get all rotting and crust." 

"I'm not hungry, Kaylin," Stefan told her. 

"Of course you are," Kaylin told him. "We're eternally hungry. Take it. The human blood should be gone by now. You want to explain why you're still here? Feeling sorry for yourself? Feeling guilty about Nikki and Eliza? Come on. Drink up." Stefan didn't react. Kaylin sighed. "Fine. Starve. What do I care? Oh, wait, that's right. I'm not Damon. I do care, and if I come back and that bottle's still full, I will come in and personally give you something to feel sorry, mopey or guilty about." She smiled. "Have a nice day." She walked away. "Drink up!"

-

Upstairs - Library 

Damon was in the room. His phone rang. He answered. "Hello?" 

Alaric's voice was on the other line. "Hey, it's Alaric Saltzman." 

"Before I hang up, how did you get this number?" Damon asked. 

Alaric was in his classroom at Mystic Falls High School. "Ah, it's a mystery. Listen, I've, uh, been doing some digging on John Gilbert. You interested?" 

"What kind of digging?" Damon asked.

"I've got an old friend from Duke who studied criminology when we were there together," Alaric told him. "Let's just say he's become a very proficient digger." 

"Well, did he find anything?" Damon asked. 

"Well, I had him run a track on John's cell records," Alaric told him. "He was getting a call from a number..." He was gathering his belongings, getting ready to leave. "The same number that Alex and Elena dialed to get Isobel. And then the number was disconnected." 

Damon leaned against a bookcase. "Isobel knows John. Whatever. We knew that." 

"Right," Alaric told him. "Well, after that, he started getting calls from a new number. And I had my friend run a Geotrack. Got the address. It's... it's an apartment in Grove Hill." 

Damon walked down the steps. "Isobel's in Grove Hill?" 

"I don't know," Alaric told him. "I thought we could take a look and see what we find." 

"Perfect," Damon told him. "Give me the address." 

"Oh, so you can go without me?" Alaric asked. "No. I don't think so." 

"I'm not going with you," Damon told him. "You tried to kill me." 

"Yeah, well, you did kill me," Alaric replied. 

Damon's phone beeped. "Hold on." He switched over to the other caller. "What?" 

Alex was at the Gilbert House, in her and Elena's room, gathering her stuff, about to leave. "Elena's already on her way to you. I'm just grabbing some clothes, and then I'll be right over." 

"Great," Damon told her. "Can't wait. Hold on." He went back to Alaric's call. "You drive. Pick me up in an hour." 

"Done," Alaric told him, hanging up.

Damon hung up on Alaric's call, going back to Alex's, sitting down in a chair. "It's a good thing that you two are coming over. Stefan won't eat anything, and Kaylin's threatening to rip him a new one won't even help." Alex opened the closet door, putting a bag over her shoulder. "Now, hurry up. I can't babysit all night. I have things to do." 

"I would say, 'drop dead', but..." Alex trailed off.

"Ha ha," Damon told her sarcastically. "So I take it all's forgiven?" 

"Depends on what you mean," Alex told him. "I'm still pissed at you for many things."

"Yeah, okay," Damon told her, using her words from earlier in the basement against her. "I'll pretend like I believe that." 

Alex scoffed, smirking, shaking her head, rolling her eyes, hanging up. 

Damon smirked, satisfied with the reaction he had gotten from her, hanging up. 

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex closed the closet door, revealing John standing behind it, jumping slightly.

"Sorry, Alex," John told her.

"Uncle John," Alex told him. "I didn't see you there." 

"I thought that we could talk," John told her, walking further into the room. "We didn't get a chance to catch up, and you still haven't told me where Elena has been these past couple of days." 

"I'm actually just heading out, so..." Alex trailed off, walking toward the door. 

"Well, it won't take long," John told her. 

Alex turned to face him in annoyance. 

John picked up a picture of Miranda and Grayson. 

"What do you want now?" Alex asked. "I mean, these last couple of days of you constantly asking or prying about Elena has been fun and all, but..." 

"I know that you know, Alex," John told her, placing the picture down, turning to face Alex.

"Know what?" Alex asked. 

"It's really silly to keep pretending," John told her. Alex sighed. "What do you think your mother would say if she knew that you, Liv and Elena were dating vampires?"

Alex scoffed. "I'm not dating a vampire, I'm dating someone normal. Liv and Cristian aren't technically 'dating'. And even if we were... Which mother?" 

John looked at Alex in surprise, not knowing that she had known about Isobel.

Alex smirked smugly, raising her eyebrows, walking out of the room. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was sitting on the floor of the cell, thinking.

-

Flashback 3 - 1864

Day - Steven's Quarry 

Stefan, Damon and Kaylin were sitting at the quarry side. Stefan and Damon were shirtless. Kaylin was wearing the gown that Emily had given her.

They were washing the blood-stained clothes that they had died in in a pail of water.

"I bet Jonathan Gilbert has told Father by now," Stefan told them. Kaylin looked down knowingly. "Wonder how he took the news that we're dead." 

"As if he cares," Damon told them. "He betrayed us." 

"He thought he was protecting us, Damon," Stefan told him. "He thought he was protecting this town." 

Kaylin scrubbed forcefully at her dress, unable to get the stain out, tossing it aside in irritation, sniffling, the subject not well for her.

Stefan and Damon looked at her in confusion.

Kaylin didn't react to their gazes, shielding her eyes from the sun as an excuse not to speak on the topic. "God. This sun hurts my eyes." 

"It's part of it," Stefan told them. "The muscle aches, the sick feeling... Emily says it's our bodies pushing us to feed, to complete the transition." 

"That's not going to happen," Damon told them.

"Is that your choice, then?" Kaylin asked. "To die instead?" 

"Isn't it yours?" Damon asked. "This was all to be with Katherine. But she's gone. Just like Cristian is gone, Kaylin. I want it over. Don't you?"

Stefan looked conflicted.

Kaylin looked thoughtful yet numb. 

-

Now 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan looked at the bottle of animal blood on the floor for a moment, looking away.

Elena was standing outside of the cell, looking at Stefan through the barred window. "How you feeling?" Stefan didn't answer. Elena looked at the bottle of animal blood. "Nicola, Damon and Kaylin say you need to drink that. You need it. Can't survive without it." 

"I don't want to survive," Stefan told her.

"What?" Elena asked. "Don't say that." 

"I'm sorry, Elena," Stefan told her. "No more. After what I've done, it has to end. I just want it over." 

Elena looked at Stefan in confusion, pained by his pain. 

-~- 

Night - Living Room 

Kaylin, Nicola, Alex and Elena were sitting in the living room. Alex and Elena were sitting on one of the couches. Kaylin and Nicola were sitting on the couch across from them. 

"He's just being dramatic," Kaylin told them. "He's not gonna starve himself." 

"Why would he say that?" Alex asked. 

"He feels bad for hurting Nikki and Eliza," Kaylin answered. "It's very typical Stefan martyr stuff. It will pass." 

"Will it?" Elena asked. "Because he seemed to be in a lot of pain." 

"Yeah, well, that will pass, too, once he eats," Kaylin told them.

"I didn't mean physical pain, Kaylin," Elena told her.

"I know what you meant," Kaylin told her. 

Nicola shrugged, leaning forward. "All of this started with me, right? So maybe I can end it. I can probably do something." 

Damon walked into the foyer connected to the living room, looking at Nicola, pulling on his leather jacket. "Yeah, get your head ripped off, Nicola. Look, are you guys gonna be okay here if I have to run out? I have to go run an errand with the teacher." 

"The teacher?" Alex repeated. "Alaric? Are you two friends now?" 

"I don't have any friends, Alex," Damon told her.

Alex nodded once, looking to the side. "Right." 

"You guys should, um, should stay up here," Damon told them. "You shouldn't be down there by yourselves." 

"We'll be fine," Nicola told him. "Kaylin's here." 

Kaylin looked at Damon, waving sarcastically. "Yeah, Damon."

"And I know Stefan wouldn't hurt us," Nicola told them.

"You know..." Damon trailed off. "You're all very trusting of him, given the circumstances." 

"So are you," Nicola replied. "Otherwise you wouldn't be leaving us with just Kaylin." 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Nikki," Kaylin told her, walking away.

Damon looked at them for a moment, knowing they were right. "I won't be long." 

Damon walked out of the house, closing the door behind him. 

-

The Grill - Bar

(Song:) Click - Little Boots 

Kacie was sitting at the bar, keeping to herself. 

The bartender was serving someone, a man, leaving the bottle of tequila on the bar, walking away.

The man drank his drink, setting the glass down, pulling out his wallet, taking out his money, setting it on the bar, standing, walking away, leaving.

Kacie looked around as if to make sure no one was watching, nonchalant and numb at the same time, standing, walking toward the seat that the man had been sitting, sneaking the bottle of tequila off of the bar, hiding it in her jacket, walking away without being caught.

-

Elsewhere 

John was sitting at a table alone, having a drink. 

Pearl approached him, walking past Kacie as she did. "Kacie." 

"Anna's mom slash Cristian's aunt," Kacie replied, walking out of the door, leaving.

Pearl watched her go in slight confusion, shaking her head, turning to John. "Hello, Mr. Gilbert." 

"Pearl," John told her. "What a pleasure." Pearl took off her jacket. "Don't mind Kacie. She's like that to everyone. Although, I must admit, I'm surprised that you came." 

Pearl sat down across from John. "Jenna tells me that you wanted to discuss the sale of the building in person." 

"Still, revealing yourself to me like this, it took quite a risk," John told her.

"I'm not stupid, Mr. Gilbert," Pearl told him. "You knew who I was when you requested the meeting. So, the Kaylin and Nicola Salvatore tell me that you're looking for the device I took from Jonathon. I'm sure you realize I have no intention of giving it to you." 

"That's why I wanted to meet you," John told her. "I'm planning on changing your mind." 

"Really?" Pearl asked. "How so?" 

"With my Gilbert charm," John answered. "I know that you have a weakness for it. May I buy you a drink?" 

Pearl looked at him for a moment curiously.

(Song Ends) 

-

Gilbert House - Liv's Room

(Song:) In Line - Robert Skoro 

Liv was sitting alone in her room, trying to focus on studying. She sighed, unable to, closing her books, putting them in her school bag, standing to hang the bag on the back of the door by its single strap. She sighed, pacing, not knowing what to do, seeming restless and bored, unnerved for some reason. She looked toward the window, thinking for a moment. She grabbed Cristian's jacket, pulling it on, pulling her hair out from under the collar of the jacket.

-

Outside

 Liv opened the window, climbing out silently and stealthily, sitting on the roof for a moment, looking back toward the door to her room as if she was making sure no one was going to catch her, standing. She walked across the roof toward a white rose gate, climbing down the side of it to the ground, landing lightly on the ground, looking around, sighing, walking away.

-

Inside - Jeremy's Room 

Anna and Jeremy were sitting together on his bed. 

"So, your mother was in love with Jonathan Gilbert, and he betrayed her?" Jeremy asked.

Anna nodded. "Yep." 

"And now my uncle John wants this invention device thing that she gave to Kaylin and Nicola as an apology for what the tomb vampires did to Nicola?" Jeremy asked.

"That's pretty much it," Anna answered.

"John mentioned there were more Gilbert Journals," Jeremy told her. "I bet that's how he knows everything." 

"Do we have to talk about this all night?" Anna asked, leaning forward. "I've told you everything." She kissed him. "I probably shouldn't have, 'cause that could get us both in a lot of trouble." 

Jeremy rolled her over onto the bed.

Anna giggled.

"I'm not gonna say anything," Jeremy told her. 

"Your uncle John wants us dead," Anna told him.

Jeremy pulled away. "Oh, you don't know that." 

Anna turned to face him. "Yes, I do. He's a hater, Jeremy." 

"Well, I'm not," Jeremy told her.

"No," Anna agreed. "You're something else entirely."

"Oh, yeah?" Jeremy asked. "What would that be?" 

"My weakness," Anna answered. 

Jeremy kissed her, sitting up, pulling her with him. Anna and Jeremy pulled their shirts over their heads, letting them fall to the side, continuing to kiss. Jeremy laid her onto the bed, continuing to kiss her.

After a moment, Jeremy pulled away, looking at the door. "I don't want Jenna or Liv to walk in on us." 

"Jenna's in the kitchen," Anna told him. "She just opened the refrigerator. Liv snuck out through her bedroom window." 

"Wait," Jeremy told her. "Liv what? She snuck out again?"

"Liv's fine," Anna told him. "You can't be there to watch over Liv every second of every day, Jeremy."

"You could hear all that?" Jeremy asked. Anna nodded. "That is so cool." 

Jeremy kissed her. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Mystic Falls Cemetery

(Song:) I'll Be Thinking of You – Jamie McDonald

Liv was walking through the cemetery alone, looking around. She reached her parents' grave, sitting next to the headstone, tracing the names with her finger.

Miranda Gilbert.

Grayson Gilbert. 

Liv sat back, looking at the headstone for a long moment, exhaling, sniffling. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Grove Hill, Virginia

Unknown House - Outside 

Damon and Alaric approached the house. 

"This is the one here," Alaric told him. "The records show it was paid three months in advance." 

Damon stepped closer to the door. "This is where it gets tricky. I may or may not be able to get in." 

"Yeah, how does that work?" Alaric asked. "You always have to be invited in?" 

"By the owner or the person of entitlement," Damon answered. "That's why I burned the deed to my house, so Nicola couldn't change it to her name and lock me out. Short-term rentals and hotels are a bit of a gray area. You kind of gotta play it by ear." 

Alaric chuckled once. "Could we not kill anyone tonight, please?" 

"You mean, you just brought me along for my company?" Damon asked, opening the door.

They looked inside to the dark, deserted house. 

"It doesn't look like anyone's home," Alaric told him, walking inside. 

Damon tested the doorway, seeing if he could pass through the threshold. He was able to. "Yeah. I'm good. No permanent resident, apparently." He walked inside, closing the door behind him, walking into the kitchen down the hall. Damon opened the fridge to reveal several blood bags inside. "Uh, Ric, we have company." 

A male vampire rushed toward Alaric, pushing him against the wall. Alaric stabbed him with wooden knuckles, making him groan in pain. 

Damon walked toward them.

The vampire rushed toward Alaric.

Damon easily pushed the vampire onto the floor. "Boys, boys, that's enough." He looked at the vampire. "I know you." 

The vampire stood. "Damon?" 

"Your name is Henry," Damon told him. "You were in the tomb." 

"Yes, sir," Henry answered. "What are you doing here?" 

Alaric and Damon didn't answer, exchanging a look.

-

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was still sitting on the floor, hanging his head.

-

Flashback 4 - 1864 

Night - Salvatore Estate - Outside 

Stefan approached his family home.

Horses were outside, neighing, afraid of him. 

Stefan could hear Giuseppe's voice. "May I offer you a drink, Mr. Gilbert?" 

"Thank you, Mr. Salvatore," Jonathan told him. "This won't take much longer." 

Stefan walked toward his house.

-

Inside - Study 

Jonathan wrote into a large book. "I want to make sure the Founder's archives are accurate." 

Giuseppe stood nearby, pouring them drinks. "Be sure you document the loss of civilian life in the church." 

Jonathan continued to write. "They were hardly civilians, Mr. Salvatore." 

-

Outside 

Stefan stood outside his home, continuing to listen to Giuseppe and Jonathan. 

"As far as anyone needs to know, they were," Giuseppe told him. "As the record keeper for the Council, what you write will be passed down through generations."

-

Inside - Study 

Giuseppe stood in front of Jonathan. "Certain details should be kept only between you and me." 

"For example?" Jonathan asked.

"My children," Giuseppe answered. Outside, Stefan continued to listen. "They will be remembered as the innocent victims of the Battle of Willow Creek, not for their shame." 

"Certainly, Mr. Salvatore," Jonathan told him.

Giuseppe and Jonathan clinked their glasses. 

-

Outside 

Stefan seemed hurt, walking forward.

-

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan looked up to see Nicola standing on the other side of the door through the barred window, lowering his head. "You know, neither you, Kaylin or Damon have fed me vervain in a while, Nicola. I could be at those bars in a flash and you'd be dead." 

"Yeah, you could," Nicola agreed. "But you won't. That's a Damon move, not a Stefan." 

"Nikki, please go away," Stefan told her. "I don't want you here. Not after what I did to you." 

"I told you before to get over it," Nicola told him.

"And I told you before that I couldn't," Stefan replied. Nicola looked at the bottle of untouched blood. She looked at Stefan, seemingly determined and defiant, unlocking the door, opening it, walking in. Stefan looked at her in confusion. Nicola picked up the bottle. "What are you doing? Nicola, get out of here." 

"No," Nicola told him stubbornly. 

"You're taking a stupid risk," Stefan told her. "I could hurt you." 

"Then I'm stupid," Nicola told him. "But then, if I'd gone into a tomb full of vampires to save my vampire ancestors from an eternity locked away even though one killed my father before we found out that we had nothing to worry about, we already knew that, didn't we?" She held the bottle of animal blood toward Stefan. "You need to drink this." 

"Nicola, get out of here, or you'll regret it," Stefan told her.

Nicola feigned fear. "Ooh, scary threat." She dropped the act, holding the bottle toward him. "Drink." 

Stefan stood, hitting the bottle out of her hands, making it fall to the floor. He looked at Nicola threateningly, transforming. "I said get out!" 

Nicola wasn't afraid, but defiant and concerned, worried about Stefan. "No." Stefan looked at her in slight surprise, returning to normal. "Did you honestly think that I'm scared of you? This is my fault, Stefan. You drank from me. This started with me. And maybe that's how it has to end. With me." 

Stefan shook his head, turning away, sitting down. "This wasn't your fault, Nicola. If you don't get out, I'll afraid that I'll hurt you." 

"No, you won't," Nicola told him. "But if you really want me out, if you really want to be in here for the rest of eternity, then do it. Kill me. I'm not afraid, Stefan, and, despite what I said before, I'm not stupid. But if you want to prove me wrong, then go ahead and do it." 

Stefan didn't answer, looking at Nicola.

The shot pulled back away from them in the cell, down the hall, turning to reveal Kaylin sitting on the stairs.

Kaylin seemed to be thinking, like Nicola's words triggered a flashback.

-

Flashback 1 - "The Night They Died" - 1864

Night - Woods 

Two men took both of Kaylin's arms, pulling her away. 

Kaylin struggled. "No!" Two other men put Katherine back into the carriage. "Katherine!" The men closed the door. Kaylin saw Cristian through the bars of the window. "Cristian!"

The carriage was driven away.

The two men let Kaylin go, backing away from her as she continued to struggle.

The man who had shot Stefan and Damon turned toward Kaylin. "Stop this now, Kaylin. Kaylin!"

Kaylin looked at Giuseppe in shocked, horrified recognition. "You!" She hit his chest. "You killed them." 

"I did what had to be done," Giuseppe told her. "If you don't stop, you'll be killed with them." He tried to get her to stop fighting. "Kaylin!"

Kaylin looked at her father in despaired hate. "I'd rather be dead than live without my brothers than to live it with a father who would murder his own children. Kill me. You did this, Father. You started it. You finish it. So do it." Giuseppe didn't answer. "Kill me." 

"Kaylin..." Giuseppe trailed off, trying to get her to stop fighting. "Kaylin!"

Kaylin stepped closer until she was inches away from him, crying yet angry. "Do it!" 

Giuseppe took Kaylin's shoulder, using the bayonet gun to run Kaylin's stomach through, making her cry out in pain as it pierced through her back, making her lean forward against his shoulder just to keep standing. He pulled the spear-like bayonet out of her stomach, making her gasp in pain, letting her fall to the ground. 

Kaylin landed between Damon and Stefan, looking from one brother on one side of her to the other on the other side of her painfully. She looked toward the sky, exhaling her last human breath, dying. 

-

Now 

Night- Salvatore Boarding House - Basement 

Kaylin was still sitting on the steps, unblinking, not moving, remembering the night that her father had killed her and her brothers.

-~-

Grove Hill, Virginia 

Henry's House - Kitchen 

Henry poured the contents of a blood bag into a glass. "So, how do you know John Gilbert?" 

Damon was sitting at a table. "Well, I've known him for years. He's a good friend." Alaric was leaning against a post a few feet away from them. "How do you know him?" 

"I met him right after I got out of the tomb," Henry told them, walking closer to Damon. "He's been helping me out." 

"Helping you out how?" Alaric asked.

Henry placed the glass of blood on the table in front of Damon. "Adapting. It's a whole new world." He walked toward the fridge. "Cars, computers, match.com. There's so much to learn." He opened the fridge, pulling out another blood bag. "He helped me get this place." 

"So, do you live here alone, or it there someone else here?" Alaric asked. 

"That's my friend's very... passive aggressive way of asking, uh, 'Do you know a woman named Isobel?'" Damon told him.

Henry poured the blood bag into another glass. "Uh, no. No, I don't know an Isobel. I know John. He's my only real friend." Alaric and Damon exchanged a look, unconvinced. "He really showed me the ropes. How to use a microwave, separate my whites." 

"What else do you do for him?" Alaric asked.

"I help keep an eye on things," Henry answered. "You know, with the others." 

"The others?" Damon repeated.

"From the tomb," Henry explained. "They're still pissed at the Founding Families for trying to burn them alive. I'm cool, but those tomb boys, they want revenge." He looked at Damon. "They're especially pissed at you and your family." 

"Yeah, I've noticed," Damon told him.

Henry took a drink of blood. 

"What does John want with them?" Alaric asked.

"He's just keeping an eye on them, you know?" Henry asked. "Trying to make sure they stay out of trouble." 

"Well, that's John," Damon told them, chuckling sarcastically. "He's such a do-gooder." 

Henry's phone rang. He pulled out his phone, chuckling. "That's John now." 

"Oh," Damon told them, standing. "Hey, let me talk to him." 

"All right," Henry told them. "Yeah." He handed his phone to Damon. Damon looked at the phone, but didn't answer, letting it ring. "Are you gonna answer that?" 

Damon looked at Alaric. "Am I gonna... answer that?" 

Alaric shook his head. 

Henry looked between them. "What's going on?" 

Henry realized the danger, turning toward Alaric, transforming, trying to attack.

Damon grabbed Henry from behind, turning him to face him, restraining him.

Alaric staked Henry in the heart through his back. 

Henry died, desiccating.

They let his body fall to the floor. 

Damon looked at Alaric. "'Let's not not kill anyone tonight'. Your words. Just pointing that out." 

-

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Grill 

John returned to the table, sitting down. "My apologies." 

"No apologies necessary," Pearl told him. "So, tell me, Mr. Gilbert, why should I let you have the device?" 

"Because I can help you," John told her. "I'm connected around here. The town Council's eating out of my hand. They do whatever I say. And I know that you just want to live your life complete with a white picket fence, and I can help you do that." 

"But the device doesn't work," Pearl told him. "Why would you even want it?" 

"It's a family heirloom," John told her. "Call me sentimental." 

"Jonathan was ahead of his time," Pearl told him. 

"I read his journals," John told her. "They're very extensive. He actually wrote about you. You were his one regret. He loved you, and he hated himself for what he did to you." 

Pearl thought for a moment. "You're lying." 

John shook his head. "No. On his last days, he wrote how sorry he was. You were the only woman he ever loved." Pearl looked down, effected by his words. John smirked in amusement. "Good God. You vampires. You're so emotional." Pearl looked at him indignantly. "Jonathan Gilbert hated you. His only regret was that he didn't drive a stake through your heart himself." 

John took a drink.

Pearl scoffed softly, standing. "I gave it to Kaylin and Nicola." 

"What?" John asked.

"I gave your device to Kaylin and Nicola," Pearl told him. "Why don't you ask them for it yourself? I'm sure they'd be delighted to give it to you. And then, Mr. Gilbert, may you rot in Hell." 

Pearl walked away, leaving.

John watched her go, knowing that Kaylin and Nicola would never give him the device. 

-

The Falls 

(Song:) Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event 

Kacie was sitting on the grass ground next to the waterfalls where the bonfire party had been in the first chapter, having the bottle that she had taken from the Grill, taking a drink. She listened to the sounds of the water falling, splashing into the pool below for several moments, looking toward the treeline into the woods. She stood, walking into the woods, walking for what seemed like hours until she stopped, looking around.

-

Flashback - 1.01 "Pilot"

Night - Bonfire - Woods  

Kacie started to turn around.

Vicki was on the ground in front of her, unconscious, her neck bleeding.

Kacie knelt next to her worriedly.

-

Now 

Night - Woods 

Kacie looked around the woods she was in now, sighing, her voice low. "This is where it started. This is where it should end." 

Kacie hesitated, closing her eyes, exhaling deeply, as if this would bring her some sort of closure. When she saw everything that had gone through her head the day before, she opened her eyes, angry and sad, angrily turning around, throwing the bottle against a nearby tree, making it shatter. She grabbed her head angrily, starting to cry, not knowing what to do, not knowing what was happening to her, but in denial about the truth.

(Song Ends) 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

The door remained open.

Nicola and Stefan were sitting on the cot.

"Talk to me, Stefan," Nicola told him. "Why are you doing this?" 

"I'm making the decision I should have made years ago, Nicola," Stefan told her.

"What are you talking about?" Nicola asked.

"You have to feed in order to complete the transition," Stefan told her.

"I know that," Nicola told him. 

Stefan slowly shook his head. "It was a choice I shouldn't have made, Nikki." 

-

Flashback 5 - 1864

Night - Salvatore Estate - Study

Jonathan was gone.

Stefan entered the study.

Giuseppe looked at him in shock. "Dear God." 

"Even in our death, you only feel shame?" Stefan asked.

"You're one of them now," Giuseppe told him.

"No," Stefan answered. "Father, I came to say goodbye." 

"I watched you die," Giuseppe told him.

Stefan looked at him in confusion. "You were there when Damon and I were shot? When a man impaled Kaylin with a bayonet?" 

"I did the deeds myself," Giuseppe told him.

Stefan looked at him in shocked horror. "You killed your own children?" 

"You were all dead to me the moment you sided with the vampires," Giuseppe told him. "I only thank God that your mother isn't alive to see the disgrace you've become." 

"Kaylin's behavior, her reaction to your name makes sense now," Stefan told him. "Kaylin saw her killer. Damon and I didn't." 

"Damon and Kaylin turned with you?" Giuseppe asked what sounded like a statement. 

"We haven't turned yet," Stefan told him. "We don't want to. We're going to let ourselves die, Father. Please." 

"Yes, you are," Giuseppe told him, grabbing a wooden cane from nearby, breaking it over his knee, trying to stake Stefan in the heart.

Stefan threw Giuseppe into the wall, making him fall to the floor.

Giuseppe had the cane impaled into his stomach due to the fall, groaning in pain.

Stefan instantly knelt next to him. "No. Oh, God. Father, I didn't mean to." 

"Get away from me," Giuseppe told him. 

"No, let me help you," Stefan told him. "Please."  He removed the stake from his father's stomach. He saw the blood on the stake and his fingers. Entranced by the urge for blood, he slowly licked his fingers. Giuseppe groaned in disgust and pain. Stefan touched his father's wound, licking blood from his fingers. He transformed, groaning in pain. "Oh, God. What's happening to me?" 

Stefan felt the fangs that had grown in his mouth. 

-~-

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Nicola and Stefan were still talking.

"Nikki, how can you even look at me right now?" Stefan asked.

"How can you even blame yourself for what happened?" Nicola replied. "Your dad killed you, Damon and Kaylin without knowing that you would come back as vampires, Stefan. He killed you just because you were brainwashed by Katherine. And, then, when he saw you again, instead of feeling guilt for making you into what you are, he tried to kill you again. You acted in defense. He took Cristian away from Kaylin. Now, I kind of want to hear Kaylin's side of the story. Come upstairs. We can talk about it more, and we'll keep talking as long as you need." 

"You're so sure I'm ready," Stefan told her. "Nicola, if I had just let myself die, I wouldn't have hurt you. I wouldn't have hurt Eliza. In fact, Nikki, everything that happened to you is because of me." 

"How can you say that?" Nicola asked. 

"Because it's the truth," Stefan answered. 

Nicola shook her head. "I don't believe that." She pulled out Stefan's daylight ring, placing it on the cot next to him. "I'm going to get Kaylin's side of the story, so when you're ready... we'll be upstairs." 

Nicola stood, walking out of the cell.

-

Grove Hill, Virginia

Henry's House - Kitchen 

Damon was emptying a blood bag into a glass. "Find anything yet?" 

Alaric walked closer. "No. I looked everywhere. The place is... the place is clean." 

Alaric sat down on the couch.

Damon walked closer. "Well, I found this behind the blood in the fridge." 

Damon tossed a beer bottle to Alaric.

Alaric caught it, opening it. "Oh, man, this was a real dead end." 

"I wouldn't beat myself up over it, man," Damon told him. Alaric took a sip of beer. Damon placed down his glass of blood, going through the mail on the nearby table. "What did you think you were gonna find, huh? Isobel with a cigar and slippers?" 

Alaric chuckled. "Oh, man. I... I gotta stop this. I can't--I can't keep searching for her." 

"Really?" Damon asked. "After only two years?" He grabbed a chair, placing it in front of Alaric with the back of the chair facing him, sitting down, facing the back of the chair. "That's actually... moderately healthy." 

Alaric chuckled. "What are you going on? 146?" 

"Well, I figure the 200 mark is probably a good stopping point," Damon told him. 

Alaric sighed. "I mean, no answer is enough. I keep thinking I wanna know why, when, you know, the precise moment when my wife decided life with me wasn't enough." 

"She charmed me, your wife Isobel," Damon told him. "She talked a good game, man. She was smart. She had this excitement in her eyes. I probably should have known there was something different about her, some tie to Katherine. There had to be some reason I didn't kill her." 

"That's enough, Damon," Alaric told him. "I don't wanna hear anymore. I just don't want to waste any more of my life. Searching for answers that I really don't want. I'm through with Isobel. I--I'm done with all of this." He nodded, as if trying to convince himself. "Yeah." 

Alaric stood, walking away.

Damon watched him go. 

-

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex and Elena were sitting on one of the couches together.

Kaylin and Nicola walked into the room. 

"Hey," Alex told them. "Where have you two been?" 

"I was talking to Stefan while Kaylin was sitting on the stairs eavesdropping," Nicola answered, sitting on the couch across from them.

"You think that I was going to idly stand by at some unknown distance where I couldn't easily come swooping in to save the day, Nikki?" Kaylin replied, standing at the alcohol table, pouring herself a drink.

"So I assume that means that you know I want to know your side of the story, Kaylin," Nicola told her.

Kaylin didn't answer, turning to face them, taking a drink.

Elena looked at them in confusion. "Kaylin's side of the story of what?" 

"About what happened in 1864," Nicola answered. "About how Stefan, Damon and Kaylin's father killed them the night they turned into vampires." 

Elena looked at Kaylin in shocked confusion, horrified. "Your father killed you?" 

"He wasn't the kind, gentle and loving type," Kaylin told them. 

"What happened?" Alex asked.

Kaylin sighed, slowly walking toward them. "Well..." She sat on the couch next to Nicola. "Nothing good. I can tell you that much." 

Kaylin took a drink.

-

Flashback 6 - 1864

Night - Unknown Road 

Kaylin walked alone down the trail road, looking deep in thought.

A carriage approached her from behind.

Kaylin slowly turned to face it.

The horses were afraid of Kaylin like they had been afraid of Stefan, neighing in fright, turning, trying to avoid her, running into a tree, breaking their own necks. 

The coachmen's body hit against the tree, hitting his head.

A frightened girl was stuck inside. 

Kaylin was entranced by the urge for blood, slowly walking toward the carriage, standing next to the coachmen.

The coachmen was unconscious, his dark skin coated in blood over his head.

Kaylin seemed to be in a trace, touching the blood, pulling away, slowly licking the blood away from her fingers. She seemed to want more at the first taste, touching the blood, licking it away, transforming. She groaned in pain when she felt her fangs growing into completion, her hands covering her mouth in pain, leaving a trace of blood on her skin over her mouth and chin. She pulled her hands away, looking at the blood, no longer caring about the pain, the blood being too strong. She rushed forward, biting the coachmen's neck, feeding into he died.

The girl had gotten out of the carriage, seeing Kaylin, stopping in fear.

Kaylin pulled away from the coachmen, looking at the girl hungrily, more blood drenching her lips and chin.

The girl gasped, running away.

Kaylin appeared in front of her, still transformed. 

The girl stopped, looking toward the place where Kaylin had just been in confusion, looking at Kaylin in fear. "Please don't. Please!" 

Kaylin bit the girl's neck, feeding hungrily, making her scream until she died. She pulled away, letting the body fall to the ground.

The body fell limply, unmoving.

Kaylin looked up, still transformed, blood drenching her lips and chin, trailing down her neck to her gown. She looked around, as if just now coming back from the loss of control, returning to normal, looking at the damage that she had caused in horror. "Oh, my God." She started to cry. "What did I do? What did I do?" 

Kaylin looked at the blood staining her gown, starting to breathe heavily in denial and pain, looking as if she felt like a monster.

-

Now

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Nicola, Alex and Elena were completely silent.

"You guys wanted to know," Kaylin reminded them. 

"You lost control, Kaylin," Nicola told her. "It wasn't your fault." 

Kaylin closed her eyes, shaking her head. "Don't try to defend me, Nikki. It was 145 years ago. I'm not going to say I'm over it, because I'm not, but believe me when I say that is not the worst thing that I've done." The other girls looked at her in confusion. Kaylin sighed. "And that was totally the wrong thing to say. I'm just gonna go before I make things worse." 

Kaylin stood, walking out of the room, leaving.

Nicola, Alex and Elena exchanged a look.

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Living Room 

Pearl was packing her things. 

Cristian was sitting in a chair, watching her.

Anna walked into the room. "What's the matter?" 

"I need you both to pack your things," Pearl told them. "We're leaving." 

"What?" Cristian asked. "No." 

"I was wrong to think that we could make a home here, Cristian," Pearl told him. "It's time for us to move on." 

"But I don't want to move on," Anna told them. "I want to stay." 

"We can't stay," Pearl told them. "There's too many people here who know the truth. Too much history." 

Cristian stood. "So, what? You're just gonna give up, pack us up, and move us out?" 

"It's not safe here, Cristian," Pearl told him. "You know that." 

"Please," Anna told her. 

Pearl looked from Anna to Cristian. "Is this about Jeremy and Liv?" 

"No," Anna answered. "It's about me and Cris finally getting to build life for ourselves. Please, Mama." 

"You gave us our lives back," Pearl told her. "I am just trying to protect both of yours." Cristian and Anna didn't answer. Pearl looked at them. "I can't force either of you. It's your decision." 

Cristian and Anna looked at each other.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Elena was writing in her diary, sitting in a chair.

Alex was sitting on the couch, lounging on it, leaning against the arm of the couch, her legs stretched out onto the seat in front of her. 

Nicola was sitting on the couch across from Alex, a drink in her hand, thinking.

Damon walked into the house, closing the door behind him, looking at Elena and Alex. "Ugh. You're still here?" 

"Did you expect anything else?" Alex asked.

"Nope," Damon answered, moving Alex's feet, sitting next to her, putting her feet on his lap. 

"So, how was the errand?" Elena asked. 

Damon looked from Alex to Elena. "Futile. Although, I had witnessed the teacher experiencing a central crisis. Stefan ate yet?" 

"I thought you didn't care," Nicola told him.

"Chalk it to morbid curiosity, Nikki," Damon told her.

Nicola rolled her eyes. 

Elena nodded, thinking of what to say. "I think that he's getting there. But he's got a lot of guilt that he has to deal with."

"It doesn't help that you've spent the last 145 years punishing him for Katherine getting caught," Nicola told him. "I'm still not sure why you've been tormenting Kaylin, especially after she was turned because of you." 

Damon looked at Nicola. "This is my fault now?" 

"No, it's no one's fault, Damon," Nicola told him. "I'm just saying that you're not exactly innocent." Damon looked at her in confusion. "Yeah, that's an understatement." Damon looked at her as if to ask, what the hell? Nicola looked at him in slight exasperation. "You've made it your life's mission to make Stefan's miserable, and you've tormented Kaylin for years." 

Damon seemed to be speechless for a moment, moving Alex's feet to stand, looking at Nicola. "Nicola, let me ask you a question. In all of this important soul-searching and cleansing of the demons of their past, did you ever manage to get the rest of the story?" 

"They said there was more," Nicola told him.

Damon used Nicola's words against her. "Yeah, that's an understatement." 

"What are you talking about?" Alex asked. Damon started to walk away. Alex stood, walking closer. "Damon." Damon didn't stop. Alex grabbed his arm to stop him. "Damon." Damon turned to face her. "Tell us." 

Damon looked at Alex for a moment. 

-

Flashback 7 - 1864

Night - Steven's Quarry

Damon sat alone, opening his eyes, seemingly weak. 

Stefan returned with a girl. 

Damon turned to face him. "What are you doing? Who is that?" 

"I brought her for you," Stefan told him. "She's a gift." He looked at the girl. "Have a seat and wait for Kaylin's return, please." 

The girl was obviously under compulsion, sitting down in front of Damon.

"What have you done, Stefan?" Damon asked.

"Damon, I've been to see Father," Stefan told him. "He came at me. I didn't know my own strength. There was blood everywhere. He was dying, and the blood was too strong. I needed it. I had to have it." 

Damon looked at Stefan in realization. "You fed." 

"Yes," Stefan answered. "And it's incredibly. My body is exploding with power, Damon." 

Damon shook his head in denial. "No." 

"I can hear things from far away," Stefan told him. "I can see through the darkness. I can move like it's magic. And the guilt, the pain... Damon, I can turn it off, like a switch. Katherine was right. It's a whole other world out there, Damon." 

Damon forced himself to stand. "Katherine is dead, Stefan. There's no world without her." 

"No," Stefan told him. "You can turn that off, too. You don't have to feel that pain anymore." 

"I don't want it," Damon told him. 

"You're weak," Stefan told him. "You'll be dead soon. You need this." 

"No," Damon told him.

"You'll die," Stefan told him.

"No," Damon told him. "I can't." 

Stefan looked at the girl. "Please." The girl stood. Stefan looked at Damon, transforming, turning to the girl, biting her neck, feeding just enough to draw blood. He returned to normal, looking at Damon. "I won't let you die." 

"No," Damon told him. "I can't." 

"Don't fight it," Stefan told him. "We can do this. Together." 

Stefan nodded, bringing the girl closer.

Damon looked at the blood, entranced by it, slowly leaning forward, tasting the blood. He pulled away, blood staining the skin of his chin, transforming, rushing forward to feed. 

-

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Damon had a glass of bourbon, drinking. "From the moment Stefan had his first taste of human blood, he was a different person. I suppose I should thank him. It's been a hell of a ride. Kaylin hated us both for the longest time, because of what we did to each other. And to her. When Kaylin left us at the quarry, we didn't see her in... God, way too long. Stefan blamed himself." 

"Oh, my God," Nicola told them. "Stefan said that everything that happened to me was because of him, that it was his fault. When it came to Kaylin, to Damon. Now I understand why." 

"His choice," Damon told them, pouring himself another drink. "He was stupid enough to make it then, so be it." 

"Don't do that," Nicola told him, shaking her head. "Don't pretend that you don't care." 

Elena walked away. 

"Where are you going?" Damon asked in complaint.

Alex followed her out of the room. "Elena." 

-

Cell 

Elena walked in. 

Stefan was gone. 

Alex walked in. "Where is he?" 

"I don't know, Alex," Elena told her, walking toward the cot, picking Stefan's daylight ring up, turning to face Alex, holding it up for her to see. "His daylight ring." 

Alex looked at the time on her phone, looking at Elena worriedly. "It's a few hour till daylight." 

Elena looked at Alex worriedly. "Oh, my God. Alex... We need to find him." 

Alex and Elena ran out of the cell.

-~-

Unknown Road

(Song:) Song for the Waiting - Aron Wright

Anna and Cristian were walking down the road. 

"So are you saying goodbye?" Anna asked.

"Not to you," Cristian answered. "Anna, you and Aunt Pearl are all I have had for more than 500 years. I don't know how else to live." 

"Me, neither," Anna told him. "Cristian, I lived without both of you for 145, but I just got you back. There's no way I'm losing either of you now." She sighed, taking a deep breath. "So, I guess we're leaving." 

"I guess we are," Cristian agreed. 

Cristian and Anna stopped walking, smiling sadly at one another.

-

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy was asleep in his bed.

Anna appeared next to him. 

Jeremy knew she was there without opening his eyes. "Hey." 

"It's getting impossible to sneak up on you," Anna told him.

"Nice try, though," Jeremy told her. 

"Sorry I woke you," Anna told him.

"That's okay," Jeremy told her. "You only woke me half-way." 

Jeremy opened his eyes.

"So, listen," Anna told him, using her finger to trace down his temple to his cheek. "I--" 

"That feels good," Jeremy told her.

Anna took her hand away.

Jeremy closed his eyes, falling asleep.

Anna kissed him sweetly. "Goodbye." 

Anna used her finger to trace down his temple to his cheek, disappearing.

(Song Ends) 

-

Mystic Falls Cemetery 

(Song:) We'll Be a Dream - We the Kings featuring Demi Lovato

Liv was still sitting at her parents' grave, sighing, knowing someone was approaching her. "Let me guess. Jenna told you I was here." 

Cristian was standing in front of her. "How'd you guess?" 

"Because she texted me that you came by the house looking for me," Liv answered. 

"That's all she said?" Cristian asked.

"What do you mean?" Liv asked. 

"I mean, she didn't tell you that she was worried about you?" Cristian asked.

"I've been sneaking out of my bedroom window at night ever since my parents died," Liv told him. "Jenna knows exactly where I go to by now." Cristian sat next to her. "What about you?"

"What do you mean?" Cristian asked. 

"Cristian, you told me that your parents died of a disease that you almost died from," Liv told him. "How do you deal?"

Cristian hesitated. "It was a long time ago, Liv. I moved on, but I never forgot them."

"But that's just it," Liv told him. "How did you move on?" 

"By saying goodbye," Cristian answered. 

Liv seemed to hear the double-meaning behind his words, looking at Cristian. "You don't just mean to your parents, do you, Cristian?" 

"No," Cristian answered. "I don't." 

"You're leaving?" Liv asked.

Cristian sighed, exhaling, nodding. "Yeah. With my aunt, Anna, Harper..." 

Liv hesitated, sighing. "When?" 

Cristian looked at Liv. "Tonight." There was a long moment of silence. "I'm sorry, Liv." 

"No, don't apologize," Liv told him. "If you have to go, you have to go. Move on." She looked at Cristian. "Cristian, uh... I'm glad you came to say goodbye. It was good while it lasted, you know?"

"Yeah," Cristian answered. "I do." 

Liv smiled sadly.  "Good."

Cristian looked at Liv for a moment, hesitating.

Liv noticed the look, slowly, hesitantly kissing him. 

After a moment, they pulled away, looking at the other, kissing with less hesitation for a moment, pulling away, leaning their foreheads together. 

"Goodbye, Liv," Cristian told her, standing, walking away.

Liv sighed. "Goodbye, Cristian." 

Liv stood, turning around to face Cristian.

Cristian had disappeared.

Liv looked around in confusion.

(Song Ends) 

-

Steven's Quarry 

Stefan approached the quarry, looking toward the water fall. 

-

Flashback 8 - 1864

Night - Steven's Quarry

Stefan and Damon were both vampires now. 

"How do you feel?" Stefan asked.

"You were right," Damon told him. "It is a whole new world." 

"We can explore it together," Stefan told him. 

"You got what you wanted," Damon told him. "Eternity. But hear this, brother. I will make it an eternity of misery for you." 

Stefan looked at Damon in confusion. 

They heard footsteps approaching, looking toward the noise. 

Kaylin approached them, her gown still stained in blood, her lips and chin drenched with it, her cheeks stained with tears. She used a cloth to wipe the blood away. 

Damon looked at her in horror. "Kaylin... what did you do?" 

"Nothing that I don't feel guilt for," Kaylin told them, wiping her tears away. "This... all of this... has ruined us. Already." She shook her head in sadness and disgust. "This should never have happened." She looked at Stefan and Damon. "And it's all because of you." 

Kaylin walked away without another word, leaving. 

Stefan and Damon watched her go.

"Kaylin!" Damon told her.

Stefan tried to stop her to no avail. "Kaylin!" 

-

Now 

Night - Steven's Quarry 

Stefan looked around in guilt. 

-

Flashback 9 - 1864

Night - Steven's Quarry 

Stefan was alone. 

Emily approached him. "You've transitioned." 

"You'd have rather found me dead?" Stefan asked.

"Katherine saved my life once," Emily told him. "I owed her. That doesn't mean I'd wish her curse on anyone."

"It feels more like a gift," Stefan told her. 

"That will change," Emily told him. 

"Why is that?" Stefan asked.

"Because even in death, your heart is pure, Stefan," Emily answered. "I sense that about you. That will be your curse." 

Emily walked away.

Stefan tried to stop her to no avail. "Emily, wait." 

-

Now 

Night - Steven's Quarry 

Stefan was alone. 

Elena approached him. "Kaylin and Damon told me, Alex and Nicola the rest of the story. I thought I might find you here." 

"I should have died that night, just like I had chosen," Stefan told her. "I should have let Damon die, too. Kaylin? She's my fault. Everything that happened to Nikki is my fault." 

"No, it's not," Elena told him. "None of it is. And if you die now, it's not gonna change what happened."

"Every single person that's been hurt..." Stefan trailed off. "Every single life that's been lost, it's because of me." 

"The night that my parents died..." Elena trailed off. "Alex and I blew off family night so that we could go to some party. We ended up getting stranded, and they had to come pick us up. That's why we ended up in the car at Wickery Bridge. And that's why they died. Our actions are what set things in motion. But we have to live with that." 

"I made a choice, Elena," Stefan told her. "Because of that choice, a lot of people were hurt." 

"You also made a choice to stop, to reject the person that the blood made you," Elena told him. "You made a choice to be good, Stefan." 

"No," Stefan told her. "Please don't do that." 

"That's the person who jumped in the water to save the family whose car had driven off the bridge," Elena told him. 

"Please, don't make this all okay," Stefan told her.

"That's the person who saved my life, and Alex's life," Elena told him.

"You don't understand, Elena," Stefan told her.

"Then tell me," Elena told him. 

"It hurts me," Stefan told her. "Knowing what I've done, and that pain... that pain is with me, all the time. And every day, I think that if I just... if I just give myself over to the blood, I can make that pain stop. It would be that easy, and every day, I fight that. And I am so terrified that one day, I'm not gonna want to fight that anymore, Elena. And the next time I hurt somebody... It could be you." 

"There will be no next time," Elena told him. 

"You don't know that," Stefan told her.

"Maybe I don't," Elena told him, holding his daylight ring toward him. "But what I do know is that you can take this, throw it in the quarry, and let the sun rise. Or you could take this rings and put it on and keep fighting." She gave him his ring, kissing him slowly. "It's your choice." 

Elena started to walk away, afraid that he would choose to die.

"Elena," Stefan told her to stop her.

Elena turned to face him.

Stefan put his daylight ring on, walking toward Elena quickly, placing a hand on either of her cheeks, kissing her passionately. Elena wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. They pulled away, embracing for a long moment. 

-~-

Tomb Vampires' House - Foyer 

Harper prepared the luggage for Pearl.

"Thank you, Harper," Pearl told him. 

"You're welcome," Harper told her.

"Annabelle and Cristian should be back in a minute," Pearl told him. "You know, you don't have to come with us if you don't want to." 

"This was never my home, Miss Pearl," Harper told her. "I was just a soldier who was left to die. You saved me. I'm coming with you." 

"Let me help you with these," Pearl told him, taking a few suit cases, walking toward the door, opening it.

A stake was shot into Pearl's heart, killing her. She started to desiccate, falling. 

Harper caught Pearl's body in his arms, looking toward the door and Pearl's killer.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Damon and Alex sat on one couch. 

Kaylin sat on the couch across from them.

Nicola was standing, looking at them. "You really think Stefan's gonna kill himself?" 

"Nope," Damon answered. "And to prove it..." 

Damon and Alex looked behind Nicola.

Nicola turned to follow their gaze. 

Stefan and Elena walked in. 

Kaylin turned on the couch to look at them. "Little boy lost." 

"Alex and I'll be upstairs, okay?" Elena asked. 

"Okay," Stefan told her.

Alex stood, looking at Damon, Kaylin and Nicola. "Goodnight, guys." 

Alex and Elena walked out of the room.

Stefan looked at Damon, Kaylin and Nicola. "Thank you." 

"No, Stefan, thank you," Damon told him. "You're back on Bambi blood, Nikki's the smart, fighter human of the family, Kaylin's still the neutral, sassy and strong little sister, and I'm the big bad ass brother. All is right in the world." 

"I mean it," Stefan told them. "Thank you. For... helping take care of me." 

"You brood too much," Nicola told them. "Everything on this planet is not your fault. Damon and Kaylin, the tomb vampires? Their actions, what they do, it's not your fault. They own them. They belong to them. You are not allowed to feel guilt about what has happened to someone in this family when you had no control over it, and you are sure as hell not allowed to feel their guilt." She looked at Damon. "Well, for those of us who feel guilt, anyway." 

"Hey, Nikki," Damon told her in defense. "You make it sound like I don't feel guilt." 

"Do you?" Nicola asked.

"If I wanted to, it's there," Damon answered. "Believe that or not, given all that I've done to you, Nicola." There was a long moment of silence. "Emily waited till after I turned to tell me she'd been successful in protecting Katherine with her spell. She didn't want me to know about the tomb. She thought it would impact my decision." 

"She didn't want any one of us to turn," Kaylin told them. "She said it was a curse." 

"Witches," Damon told them. "Judgey little things." 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Stefan asked. 

"'Cause I didn't want you to know," Damon answered. "'Cause I hated you, and I still do." 

"I know," Stefan told him.

"But not because you forced me to turn," Damon told him.

Stefan looked at Damon in confusion. "Then why?" 

"Because she turned you," Damon answered. "It was just supposed to be me, Stefan. Just me." 

Kaylin exhaled. "Well, I guess that spares me from your hate." She shrugged slightly. "We have no idea who turned me. Wine glass laced with unknown vampire's blood, and I already ruled Cristian out as a suspect." She shook her head as if it was no big deal. "Tsk. Pain in the ass of a mystery." 

"But you still hated Stefan and Damon, Kaylin," Nicola told her.

"Did," Kaylin told her teasingly. "Paste tense. Get your tenses right, Nikki." She looked at Damon and Stefan. "It was because of you two that all three of us turned in the first place. I hated being a vampire at first, but you won't hear me complaining anymore. It's probably the best thing that's ever happened to me." She used her words from 1864 at Steven's Quarry after they had turned into vampires. "And it's all because of you." 

Damon and Stefan looked at Kaylin for a moment.

Kaylin walked away without another word, leaving, just as she had walked away from her brothers 145 years ago in the quarry.

Damon and Stefan looked at Nicola.

Nicola seemed thoughtful, learning more and more about her family.

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Foyer 

Anna and Cristian arrived home.

"Aunt Pearl, we're--" Cristian started.

Anna started to walk forward.

Cristian looked forward numbly in shock, putting his arm out to stop Anna.

Anna looked at him in confusion, following his gaze to Harper's dead, desiccated body.

They looked at Pearl's dead, desiccated body.

Anna ran to her mother's side, kneeling next to her, crying in pain and denial about losing her after only just getting her back. "Mom! Mama! Please don't leave me again." Cristian knelt next to them numbly. "No. Please wake up. You have to wake up. No. Cristian... Cris!"

Cristian wrapped his arms around Anna. 

Anna cried into his shoulder.

Cristian looked at Pearl's body, the only one that he had had in the tomb for a century in a half, his sire, his surrogate mother, with tears in his eyes, but completely numb and in denial all the same.

-

Woods 

John stood at his car, tossing a stake gun into the trunk, closing the trunk lid, revealing that he had been the one who had killed Pearl and Harper, on the phone. "Sheriff Forbes, it's John Gilbert. Sorry to call so late. I have an update about the vampires." 

-

The Grill - Bar 

Alaric sat at the bar, drinking alone.

A woman approached him, her face unseen. "Hello, Ric." 

Alaric recognized the voice, looking at his vampire wife. "Isobel." 

Isobel smirked, looking at her human husband, tilting her head smugly. 

-~-

1.21 "Isobel" Trailer

From 1.21 "Isobel", outside the Grill, Isobel gripped Alaric's throat, pushing him against his car. "You better tell Alex and Elena I want to meet, or I'm gonna start killing the citizens of this town."

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, a man and a woman were dancing, both of whom had bite marks all over their bodies.

Another man was pouring a glass of wine for Isobel. 

THE BADDEST MOTHER IN MYSTIC FALLS

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Alaric's classroom, Elena, Alex and Stefan were sitting in the student seats.

Alaric, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola stood by Alaric's desk.

"She's threatened to go on a killing spree," Alaric explained.

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, Damon was shirtless, playing strip power with a woman.

Isobel walked in. "And it's just one blast from the past after another."

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, Isobel backhand punched John in the face.

IS BACK

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Alaric's classroom, Elena, Alex and Stefan were sitting in the student seats.

Alaric, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola stood by Alaric's desk.

"What did she want?" Nicola asked.

"She wants to see us," Alex answered.

Kaylin and Nicola looked at Alex and Elena.

IT'S THE LAST

From 1.21 "Isobel", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Emily's Grimoire was open with the device next to it.

Bonnie stood next to the table it was on, beginning the spell, closing her eyes in concentration, hovering her hands over the device, using magic to levitate it.

ALL NEW 

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Jeremy's room, Jeremy and Anna embraced.

CHAPTER

From 1.21 "Isobel", outside the school, Matt was trapped underneath a trailer. "Somebody help!"

BEFORE THE SEASON FINALE

From 1.21 "Isobel", in the Grill, Alex and Elena sat at a table.

Isobel approached them. "Hello, Alex. Hello, Elena."

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, a man restrained Liv from behind.

Liv struggled against the man to no avail. "Let me go!"

From 1.21 "Isobel", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Damon and Kaylin were standing.

Nicola was sitting on the couch leaning against the arm, her feet stretched out on the seat in front of her, reading a book. She looked up. "Well, this is going in an interesting direction."

"So, at the risk of sounding like, uh... like a dick protecting his girlfriend's sister..." Stefan trailed off.

"Oh, there's no risk," Kaylin told him. "You do." 

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, John was lying on the floor in pain, groaning, a scratch on his forehead from being beat down, crawling toward the chairs.

Liv was sitting in a chair next to him. "Okay, if vampires exist, where the hell are they?"

"Careful, Liv," John told her. "You're sounding like you're starting to believe."

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Liv's room, Liv leaned against the door, looking forward in absolute numb, slowly sliding down toward the floor, starting to cry silently, unable to move, but not making a sound. She held her head, her fingers closing in around her hair, unable to know how to react to everything that had happened to her that day.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 279 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Kacie Lo...
1.3M 39.5K 51
"You don't pick who you fall in love with and it never happens as it should." ---- *Disclaimer I don't own any of The Vampire Diaries characters. All...
19.1K 308 18
All rights go the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
15.5K 271 31
Damon x Reader imagines All character rights go to TVD & The Originals besides the main character, You.