Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 18 - Under Control

1.2K 25 4
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Damon looked at the picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.16 "There Goes the Neighborhood", in the Grill, Liv and Cristian were sitting at their table.

Cristian smiled. "Mind telling me your name?"

Liv nodded to him. "You first."

Cristian smiled, slightly impressed at how she had handled that. "Cristian."

Liv smiled. "Liv." 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the Grill, Liv walked into the Grill, soaked, as if she had been walking through the pouring rain, wearing only a leather jacket. She took a deep breath, as if she felt good.

Cristian appeared. "Looks like you're a strange one."

Liv turned to face him.

Cristian smirked.

Liv shook her head, smiling a small smile. "You have no idea."

 From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the Grill, Cristian and Liv were standing next to the Foosball table.

Liv shrugged, wrapping her arms around herself, nodding. "Sure."

Cristian and Liv turned, starting to walk toward a table.

Cristian looked at her, taking off his jacket, turning to face her, making her stop. "You look like you're freezing."

Cristian wrapped his jacket around Liv's shoulders.

Liv smiled a small smile. "Thanks."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Liv's room, Liv walked into her room, closing the door behind her, walking closer to her bed, starting to take of her jacket. She stopped to realize that the jacket she had over her leather jacket wasn't hers. That she was still wearing Cristian's, and that she had forgotten to give it back to him. She sighed, looking at the jacket sleeves over her arms numbly, distantly.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", Kaylin, Stefan and Damon's phone conversation. (Kaylin outside the tomb vampires' house, Stefan and Damon in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, on speaker)

"What happened?" Damon asked.

"They're torturing Nikki to get to us," Kaylin answered. "Then they're going to kill her."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the basement of the tomb vampires' house, the tomb vampires were tying Nicola to the ceiling by ropes around her wrists, making her stand.

"Pearl says we're not here for revenge, right?" Fredrick asked. "I say that's exactly what we're here for."

Fredrick stood behind Nicola, tilting her head back, biting her neck, feeding. Nicola struggled, groaning in pain. Fredrick tightened his hold, feeding harder, making her scream.   

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the basement of the tomb vampires' house, Nicola and Harper were still trapped.

Nicola had bite marks all over her body, bleeding, weak, nearly unconscious. She seemed to be lost in the hallucinations Fredrick gave her due to his compulsion.

A vampire put his hands on Nicola's waist, pulling her closer, biting into her neck, feeding, making her groan in pain as she continued to struggle. He suddenly pulled away, gasping in pain, starting to desiccate.

Nicola looked at him in confusion.

The vampire fell to the floor, dead.

Stefan had been standing behind him, a stake in his hand.

Nicola looked at him in relief. 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the woods, Fredrick lifted Stefan in the air. He stabbed him in the stomach with a branch, making him groan in pain. "This is for the tomb."

Fredrick tried to stake Stefan in the heart.

Nicola appeared behind him weakly, stabbing him with a vervain syringe in his back. "No!" Fredrick fell to the ground, unconscious, letting Stefan fall. Nicola held a hand to her head weakly, barely able to stand. "Stefan?" She could barely keep her eyes open, starting to fall to the ground. Stefan caught her in his arms. He looked at the blood from her wounds, lost in a trance. Nicola noticed, trying to pull away. "Stefan..." Stefan noticed that blood was on his fingers, slowly licking it away. Nicola looked away weakly, closing her eyes. "No, Stefan, don't."

Stefan transformed, fighting the urge for as long as he could. "I'm so sorry."

Nicola struggled weakly. "Stefan, Stefan!" Stefan, unable to resist the urge any longer, bit Nicola on her neck, feeding. "Stefan! Stefan!" 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the woods, Nicola was lying on the ground, seemingly unconscious.

Fredrick stalked toward her. Stefan rushed toward him angrily, pushing Fredrick against a tree, breaking off a branch, staking him in the heart repeatedly, killing him, growling animalistically, losing himself in the kill.

Nicola sat up from the ground weakly, leaning against the tree behind her for support. "Stefan!" Stefan stopped, letting Fredrick's body fall to the ground. He looked at Nicola hungrily, stalking toward her. Nicola slid back against the tree, unable to move. "No. Stefan, don't!"

Stefan tried to attack Nicola.

Damon appeared in between them, keeping Stefan back. "Stefan, stop! She is not dead, but if you feed on her, she will be. It's Nikki, Stefan." 

Stefan was brought out of his trance, returning to normal. 

Nicola watched them, breathing heavily in relief, barely able to keep her eyes open.

 Stefan looked at her in guilt, horrified that he had tried to kill her. 

Damon looked at Nicola.

Nicola looked surprised that Damon had saved her life, yet looking at him in relief. 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Stefan's room, Stefan and Elena were talking.

Stefan hesitated in guilt, looking down. "I fed from her. I couldn't control it. And when I killed Fredrick, after I saw her, all I wanted was her blood. If Damon hadn't stopped me, I would have killed her." He shook his head in guilt. "And I don't know if I could have survived that."

"You saved her, Stefan," Elena told him. "All of you did. There's nothing wrong with that."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the Grill, Richard was telling Alex, Kacie, Jeremy, Liv and Tyler the news. "They found Vicki Donovan." Alex looked at Richard in worried alarm, hiding her reaction, looking away. "The storm unearthed the grave off County Road."

 Kacie looked at him in shock.

Jeremy and Liv looked at him in shocked confusion, processing.

"Wait," Jeremy told him. "She's dead?" 

Tyler and Kacie looked at Alex, Jeremy and Liv, their mouths slightly open, not knowing what to think.

Alex looked at them in regret and sympathy, guilty. 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Vicki's room, Matt slowly approached the door.

Elena stood out in the hall, looking at Matt sympathetically.

Matt started to cry.

"Matt..." Elena trailed off, walking toward him instantly, wrapping her arms around Matt.

Matt returned the embrace, trying to stay strong. 

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Nicola's room, Damon carried a nearly unconscious Nicola into her room, lying her down on her bed.

Kaylin sat next to Nicola.

"I'll be fine," Nicola told them. "It's been a long day. I don't want to talk about it." Kaylin nodded, standing, turning around, walking out of the room, hesitating in the hallway. Damon didn't answer, scoffing slightly, shaking his head, standing, walking toward the door. "You know, I think you're actually starting to care, Damon. And not just for me."

 "You're tired, weak and delusional, Nikki," Damon replied, looking at Nicola. His voice was softer the next time he spoke. "Get some rest."

Damon looked incredibly guilty, turning around, looking at Kaylin.

Kaylin looked at him sympathetically.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Stefan's room, Kaylin walked into the room.

There were a trail of blood bags across the floor.

Kaylin followed the path in confusion.

Stefan was sitting on the floor, holding another blood bag, blood drenching his lips and chin, looking at Kaylin desperately.

Kaylin looked at him cautiously, knowing what human blood did to this brother. 

-~-

Day One

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - Nicola's Room 

(Song:) You and I – Black Mustang 

Nicola was trying to sleep in her bed, restless, hearing the loud rock music that was playing elsewhere in the house, covering her head with her pillow. When she could still hear it, getting louder, she glared toward the ceiling tiredly.

The shot panned from Nicola to the ceiling, to the floor above in Stefan's room. 

-

Stefan's Room 

Stefan was using an exposed ceiling beam as a pull up bar for some exercises. 

The music was coming from this room. 

Kaylin walked in. "Could you turn it up a little bit? It's not annoying yet." 

"Sorry," Stefan told her. 

Kaylin turned the music off.

(Song Ends) 

Stefan let himself fall to the floor. 

"When are you going back to school?" Kaylin asked.

"Soon," Stefan answered. "When's Nikki? I mean, is she..." 

"Yes, she's fine," Kaylin answered. "She's healing, trying to sleep through the noise that you're creating to heal even more after a dozen or so tomb vampires' revenge feeding, torturing and compelling that ended when they died, but, yes, she is gonna be okay."

Stefan lowered to the floor, beginning to do push ups.

Damon walked in, holding a glass of blood.

Stefan continued to do push ups. 

Damon knelt next to Stefan. "Oh, come on. Just drink already. And I don't mean little niece Nikki. Come on, this self-detox is not natural." 

"Can you get that away from me, please?" Stefan asked, standing.

"How long did it take you to wean yourself off it the last time you last indulged?" Damon asked.

Stefan didn't answer. 

"That's not good," Kaylin told him.

"I'll be fine," Stefan told them. "It just takes a little bit of time." 

"I don't get it," Kaylin admitted. "You know, you don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for." 

"I have to agree with Kaylin and say I like her diet better than I like yours," Damon told him, standing. "I haven't hunted a human in... God, way too long." 

"Oh, I'm impressed," Kaylin told him. 

"It's completely self-serving," Damon told them. "I'm trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not very easy considering that there is an entire tomb of them running around." 

"What are we planning on doing about that?" Stefan asked.

"We are not going to do much of anything if you don't have your strength," Damon told him. 

Kaylin sighed. "There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You're not actually killing anyone." 

"I have my reasons," Stefan told them.

"Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons?" Kaylin asked. "You know, we never actually discussed that." 

"You know, I'd--I'd love to hear this story, too," Damon told him, sitting down on the couch.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" Stefan asked. "Watching me struggle?" 

"No," Kaylin answered the same time Damon answered, "Very much so." 

Kaylin scoffed.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but..." Stefan trailed off. "I actually have it under complete control."

"You do?" Damon asked. Stefan nodded. "Well, then you should just carry on, making the rest of us vampires look bad."

Kaylin rolled her eyes, walking toward the door. "Have a great day, Stefan." 

Kaylin walked out of the room.

Damon started to follow, purposely leaving his glass of blood on the end table.

Stefan looked at the blood hungrily, fighting the urge.

Damon turned back. "Oh. Hey, I almost forgot something." He picked up his glass of blood. "Oops." He walked toward the door, taking a drink, taunting Stefan. "Mm. Mm." 

Damon walked out of the room.

Stefan looked down.

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

- 

Gilbert House - Foyer 

Jenna, Elena and Alex walked toward the front door.

"Come on, Jeremy!" Alex called. "Liv, we have to go to school! Walking out the door now." 

"Oh, forgot this," Jenna told them, handing a thermos to Elena. 

Alex opened the door, stopping in surprise. 

There was a man standing outside. "Hey, Alex." He looked at Elena. "Hi, Elena." 

"Hi, Uncle John," Elena told him unenthusiastically. 

"John," Jenna told him in the same way. "You're here." 

"I said I would be in before noon," John told her.

"Well, what you say and what you do are usually two very different things," Jenna replied. 

Jeremy and Liv walked downstairs.

John nodded to his niece and nephew. "Liv. Jeremy."

"Uncle John," Jeremy greeted, giving John a high five. "Hey." 

Jeremy walked out of the open front door. 

Liv looked the same way that Jenna, Alex and Elena did, unhappy to see her uncle, flippant. "Hi, Uncle John. Bye, Uncle John." 

Liv followed Jeremy out of the house. 

"I had business in town," John told them. "I'd figured I'd stay here awhile." 

Alex forced herself to smile. "How long are you staying?" 

"I'm not sure yet," John told them.

"Well, we're going to school," Elena told him. "We'll see you later." 

Alex and Elena walked past John toward the door, looking back at Jenna, giving her a look.

Jenna returned the look, as if the three were having a silent conversation about not wanting John to be here, closing the door. 

"So, what's up with Jeremy and Liv?" John asked.

"Jeremy just lost a friend," Jenna answered. "That friend was the cousin of Liv's old friend that was forced to move away from here, so it's having quite the impact on her, as well. So try to be sensitive."

John chuckled. "I'm always sensitive." 

"Right," Jenna told him sarcastically. "So, really, how long are you staying?" 

"Can you at least pretend that you're happy to see me?" John asked. 

Jenna humored John, mocking him. "Oh, my God, John! It's so good to see you. How have you been?" She returned serious. "No, I can't." 

"Do you really think that I was just gonna sign the papers and send them back?" John asked.

"Actually, I did," Jenna answered. 

"I'm not going to let you sell my brother's office," John told her. 

"It's not up to you or me," Jenna told him. "It belongs to Jeremy, Liv, Alex and Elena." 

"Yeah, but they're minors, so I get the final say, being that I'm the estate's trustee," John told her. 

Jenna glared at him.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Hallway 

Kacie and Alex stood at Alex's locker, talking.

"He said that his trip is open-ended," Alex told her. 

"Ugh," Kacie complained. "Uncle John. The guy makes me wanna shoot myself."

Alex smirked. "You're not the one who has to stay in the same house as him." 

"Lucky me," Kacie told her. "Unlucky you." She faked a gasp. "You can go to the Founder's Day Kick Off Party tonight to get the hell away from him. I mean, just when John's over for the Founder's Council meetings, he's always a huge dick to me and Ty." 

Alex looked distracted. "Founder's Council? He's on that?" 

"Yep," Kacie answered, popping the 'P'. 

Alex sighed, closing the locker. "Of course he is. How else would he ruin all our lives?" 

"What do you mean?" Kacie asked.

Alex shook her head. "Never mind. Forget about it." They started to walk down the hall. Alex changed the subject. "Speaking of Ty, where is he?" 

"He said something about burying a hatchet," Kacie told her.

"With Jer?" Alex asked. 

"I think so," Kacie told her. 

"I hope so," Alex told her.

Kacie smirked. "One day, our brothers will stop wanting to kill each other." 

Alex smiled.

They laughed as they continued to walk down the hall. 

-

Stoner Pit

(Song:) Yeah! – The Golden Dogs 

 Jeremy was sitting on a couch.

Tyler approached him, sitting down next to him, offering him a joint.

"Nah," Jeremy told him.

"What's your problem?" Tyler asked.

"I just don't want any," Jeremy told him. 

"All right," Tyler told him. 

(Song Ends) 

There was a long moment of silence.

Tyler was somber. "They say she ODed." 

"That's what I don't get," Jeremy told him. "She was doing okay." 

"Apparently not," Tyler told him.

"How did she end up buried in the woods?" Jeremy asked. "That's what I don't understand." 

"By whoever was with her when she ODed," Tyler told him. 

"Yeah, but you leave her, you don't take the time to bury her," Jeremy told him.

"Maybe she saw something and..." Tyler trailed off, shaking his head. "Hell, man, I don't know." 

Jeremy seemed disturbed and confused. 

-

Founder's Hall 

Damon walked toward the building, inside, meeting the rest of the Council.

"The coroner's office has officially ruled Vicki Donovan's death a drug overdose," Liz told them. "Her family has been notified. The truth will stay in this room and we can put this behind us."

"Thank you, Sheriff," Richard told her. "And on to a more pressing issue, John Gilbert has asked to say a few words." John approached the stage. Damon was surprised, standing next to Liz. "Welcome back, John. It's good to see you." 

Richard stepped off of the floor to give it to John.

"Hello, everyone," John told them. "It's wonderful to see you. I wish it were under better circumstances. As a Founding Family member, I find it's my duty to report some very distressing news."

Damon spoke discretely to Liz. "He's a Gilbert?" 

"Jeremy and Liv's uncle," Liz explained. "His name is John, but I call him 'Jackass'." 

"A hospital blood bank in the neighboring county of Amherst has reported several break ins over the past two weeks," John told them. "Seven hunters, four campers and two state employees have been reported missing as well. All of this within a 75 miles radius of Mystic Falls."

Richard interrupted him. "Okay, okay, no need to get alarmed right at this moment." 

Liz looked at Damon. "Meaning he doesn't want to cancel the Founders' Day Kickoff Party." 

"You think all of your problems are over, but I'm here to tell you, nothing's been solved," John told them.

Damon seemed uncomfortable.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Alaric's Classroom 

Alaric, Alex and Elena were speaking.

"I made a copy of a paper Jeremy, Liv and Kacie wrote for me," Alaric told them. "I think both of you should take a look at it." 

Alaric handed the paper to Alex. 

Fact or Fiction: The Myths in Mystic Falls 

"They wrote this?" Alex asked.

"Jeremy and Liv are very clear that they don't think it was real," Alaric told them.

"I really hope you're right, because we've done so much to protect them from all of this," Elena told him.

Alex handed the paper to Alaric. "What about Kacie?" 

"She says she doesn't believe it, but..." Alaric trailed off.

"But?" Alex asked. 

Alaric sighed. "There's this way that she acts when it's brought up to her, or if she thinks about it too hard. It's almost as if..." 

"The memories are starting to come back," Alex finished. 

"How do you deal with it?" Alaric asked.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked.

"With all the lies and the secrets," Alaric told them. "You have to lie to everyone who's important to you."

"It's not safe for them to know the truth," Elena told him. "So, yes, we keep it from them, but it's only because we love them."

There was a long moment of silence.

"I think Stefan is a good guy," Alaric told them. "And Kaylin, she hasn't done anything to hurt anyone in Mystic Falls. But at the end of the day, they're still vampires." 

"I know it's hard to understand, but they're different," Elena told him. "They would never do anything to hurt anyone in this town." 

-

Night - Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Jeremy and John were sitting at the table, eating. 

Jenna was standing nearby.

Liv was sitting on the counter in boredom.

"I have no interest in the Founder's Day Kick-Off Party," Jeremy told him.

"Sure you do," John told him. "It's tradition." 

"It will be our role to break the tradition," Liv told him. 

"The Gilberts have been a part of this town for a hundred and fifty years," John told them. "We're one of the Founding Families and with that distinction comes certain obligations, including going to the party." Liv rolled her eyes, looking away. "One day, when you can appreciate the significance, I'll tell you all about your heritage." 

"Hmm, the Gilbert family legacy," Jenna told them. "I forgot how sacred it was." She looked from Jeremy to Liv. "I'm not a Gilbert, so I was never cool enough to hear it." 

Jeremy looked at John. "Why does she hate you?" 

"We used to sleep together," John answered.

Jenna threw a bag at John. "I'm standing right here." 

Liv smiled slightly in shock, silently laughing. 

-

Alex/Elena's Room 

Stefan and Elena were sitting on her bed. 

"Why would they write a report on vampires?" Elena asked. "Do you think they're starting to remember?"

"Damon took away Jeremy and Liv's memories of Vicki for good," Stefan told her. "You don't have to worry about that."

"What about Kacie?" Elena asked.

"After he attacked her in the woods, I was the one to compel her," Stefan told her. "So, it must have not taken the first time. My compulsion is weaker than his."

"Then, we've got to do something," Elena told him. "She must be going out of her mind right now."

Stefan shook his head reassuringly, telling her what he thought to be true. "No, no, no. When Damon attacked her at the side of the road, he compelled her to forget, because he hadn't been strong enough to kill her that night, otherwise, he would have. But, I'm telling you what he told me. Kacie should not remember. I tell you what. Why don't you just asked them?" 

"I... I can't," Elena told him. 

"Why not?" Stefan asked. "I mean, if they don't know anything, then it's just an innocent question." 

"I don't even know how to talk to any of them anymore," Elena told him. "I mean, Kacie and I were best friends before all of this started happening. And, Jeremy, Liv, Alex and I, we used to be a lot more open with each other. But, now, with all these secrets just piling up... You know, we haven't even told them that we are adopted yet." 

"Maybe it's time you both start opening up to them," Stefan told her. "I'm not saying you should tell them everything, but at least try to find out what they do know and be prepared for it." 

Elena rubbed Stefan's shoulder. "What about you? How are you doing?" 

"Much, much better," Stefan told her. "I'm still, you know... a little jittery, a little bit on edge, but I'm gonna be okay." 

"I've been really worried about you, and I missed you," Elena told him.

"I just needed to lay low for a little while, and let my body readjust," Stefan told her. "It's only been a few days."

"It feels like a lifetime," Elena told him, kissing him. 

"I've missed you, too," Stefan told her.

Stefan and Elena kissed passionately. He laid her further onto the bed. She rolled over him. He rolled her somewhat aggressively back onto the bed. He stopped kissing her, looking worried.

"Stefan?" Elena asked. "What's wrong? Stefan?" 

Stefan started to transform, throwing himself against the wall, breaking a lamp in the process, falling to the floor. 

Elena looked at him in shocked confusion.

Stefan breathed heavily, trying to regain control. 

-~-

Day Two

Morning - Gilbert House - Foyer 

Elena walked downstairs toward the door, opening it to reveal Damon standing outside. "Oh, good, you're here."

"You ask, I come," Damon told her, stepping inside. "I'm easy like that." 

Elena held a finger to her lips, nodding down the hall toward the kitchen.

Damon followed her gaze.

Liv was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal.

Elena pointed upstairs, starting to walk up. 

"No, Elena, I will not go to your bedroom with you," Damon told her loudly to get Liv's attention. 

Liv looked toward them.

Elena grabbed Damon's arm, pulling him upstairs. 

Liv rolled her eyes, looking away. 

-

Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex was sitting on her bed, writing in her diary.

Damon and Elena walked in.

"Ah," Damon told them, looking around. "Just like I remember." 

Alex closed her diary, looking at Damon in confusion. "What are you doing here? In our room?" 

"Elena asked me to come over because she wanted to talk," Damon answered. "Or possibly do more than talk." He fell back onto Alex's bed next to her, making her slid over, grabbing Alex's journal from the bed, opening it. "My, my, what do we have here?" 

Alex took her diary away from Damon, standing, putting it into a nearby drawer. 

"Stop messing around," Elena told him. 

Alex turned to face Elena. "Did you know that Uncle John has been kicking it with the Founder's Council?" 

"What?" Elena asked.

"Yep," Alex answered. 

Damon looked at Alex curiously. "How'd you know about that?" 

"Found out from Kacie, you know, before I found out that your and Stefan's compulsion on her is falling apart," Alex answered.

"The compulsion's not falling apart," Damon told them. "But Kacie might be."

"Perfect," Elena told them sarcastically. "We'll just add it to the growing list that is also falling apart." 

Damon picked up a teddy bear from Alex's bed, using the arm to point at the broken lamp from the day before. "What happened right there?"

"Uh... nothing," Elena told them. Alex looked at her in confusion. Elena looked at Damon. "Damon, look, I'm worried about Stefan. He says that everything's fine, but he's obviously struggling. How long will it take for him to get back to normal?" 

"A few days," Damon told them. "Give or take." 

"It's been a few days," Alex told him.

"Give, then," Damon told them. "I don't know." He stood, walking toward Alex, handing the teddy bear to her. "What's the big deal?" 

Alex tossed the bear onto the window seat.

"The big deal is that he's not himself," Elena answered. 

Damon scoffed. "Well, maybe his problem is that he's spent too long not being himself." He walked toward Alex's dresser, pulling out one of her bras from a drawer. It was dark gray, lacy. "Ooh." 

Alex sighed an annoyed sigh, walking toward him, taking her bra away from Damon, putting it back into the drawer, closing it. 

Damon looked at Alex, smirking in amusement.

Alex gave him a look. 

"Don't make me sorry for asking you," Elena told him. 

Damon took a picture of Alex and Eliza off of the vanity mirror over the dresser, looking at it.

Alex reached for the picture. "Hey." 

Damon held the picture out of Alex's reach. "The Stefan the two of you know is the good behavior Stefan. The reined in Stefan. The refuse-my-nature-to-a-very-obsessive-level... Stefan. But if you think that there's not another side to this, you haven't been paying attention." Alex approached him, standing within inches of him. "Tsk, tsk, tsk." 

"He's not you, Damon," Alex told him, taking the picture away from him, using it to point at him. "Not even close." 

Alex turned away, walking toward her dresser, putting the picture back.

"Well, he doesn't wanna be me," Damon told them. "And, truth be told, neither does Kaylin. She controls herself a lot better than him, but believe me when I tell you that we all have a very dark past with a very bad history. And if one event leads to history repeating, they could go back to their formal selves as easily as I can." Alex turned to face him. Elena looked nervous. "Mm-hmm." 

Damon walked out of the room.

Alex and Elena exchanged a look. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Stefan was in the library, looking for a book, seeming stressed, drinking Scotch.

Nicola slowly walked into the room, standing on the stairs.

Stefan looked at her in slight surprise, guilty. "Hey." 

"Hey," Nicola told him. "You okay?" 

"Uh, yeah," Stefan told her. "Just looking for something. And shouldn't you be--" 

"If you ask me if I should be resting, I swear I will stake you," Nicola told him.

Stefan smiled a barely noticeable smile. "Okay." Nicola looked at him curiously, wondering if he was really okay. Stefan changed the subject. "What about you?"

"What do you mean, what about me?" Nicola asked.

"You know what I mean," Stefan told her. 

Nicola looked at him in slight annoyed exasperation. "Will you stop that?" 

Stefan looked at her in confusion. "Excuse me? Stop what, exactly?"  

"Stop blaming yourself about what happened to me," Nicola answered. "It was the tomb vampires. They started all of this." 

"Actually, they only did this because they had a grudge against me, against Damon, and against Kaylin," Stefan told her.

"Which is illogical, because their real anger is directed at Katherine," Nicola told him. "They're only blaming you right now because they can't find the elusive bitch to kill her themselves." 

"almost killed you, Nicola," Stefan told her.

"You lost control, Stefan," Nicola told him. "That's what happens when you're around human blood, and I was an open, bleeding wound the other night. Now, I'm not. Now, I'm fine. So, you can stop avoiding me now even while living under the same roof like you're so worried that you'll actually hurt me again. I mean, I know that you have a lot to feel guilty about, but maybe you're taking this one a little too far. I am okay. I am safe. I am only alive because of you, because of Kaylin, and, I can't believe that I'm saying this, but because of Damon. You saved me." 

"And then I tried to kill you, Nikki," Stefan told her.

"Can you just accept my 'Thank you' speech for being the reasons that I am standing right in front of you today, and stop feeling guilty and beating yourself up over it so we can move on with our lives?" Nicola asked. 

Stefan smiled a small smile. "All right. I'm not going to say, 'You're welcome'. I'm pretty sure you know why." 

"Yeah, I can take a wild guess," Nicola told him. "Are we done here? Or is there more guilt that you feel about the things that have been happening to me that are completely out of your control that I need to set straight?" 

"No, I, uh, I think we're good," Stefan answered. 

"Good," Nicola told him, turning around, walking out of the room without another look or word.

Stefan smiled a small, barely noticeable smile, slightly amazed by Nicola's behavior toward him even after what happened in the previous chapter. 

-~-

Gilbert House - Liv's Room 

Liv sat in her room, studying.

Alex knocked on her open door. "Hey." 

"What's up?" Liv asked.

"Do you have some time to talk?" Alex asked.

"Uh..." Liv trailed off, book marking the History book page she had been reading, looking at Alex. "Yeah, sure." 

"Not here," Alex told her. "Come on. Let's get out of the house. Jer and Elena are coming, too." 

Liv smiled, looking to the side, standing, grabbing one of her jackets at random. She stopped, looking at the black jacket she was wearing, realizing that it was the jacket that Cristian had given to her in the previous episode, the one that she had forgotten to give back to him. She looked up in slight confusion. 

-

Lake Side 

Jeremy, Liv, Alex and Elena were walking along. 

"I just can't believe Mom and Dad never told you that you guys were adopted," Liv told them.

"I'm sure they would've eventually," Elena told them.

"Why were you worried about what we thought?" Jeremy asked. 

"Because..." Alex trailed off. "I don't know. It's weird. Going your whole life thinking you're related by blood to someone..." 

Liv hesitated. "Does it bug you that we're not?" 

"No, Liv, of course not," Elena answered.

"Liv, you're our sister, Jer's our brother," Alex told her. "That's all that matters." Liv smiled, looking away in slight relief. Alex and Elena exchanged a look. "So, Mr. Saltzman said you both have been doing great in history now." 

"Yeah, yeah," Jeremy told them. "He's really been helping us out. Yeah, he gave us and Kacie some extra credit and stuff." 

"He loved your guys' mythology paper," Elena told them. "Vampires, werewolves..." 

"He thought we had a clever angle," Jeremy told them.

"What drew you guys to that subject matter?" Elena asked.

"Uh, I don't know," Liv told them. "Boredom. Or maybe we're just as nuts as the long line of Gilbert crazies." 

"The Gilberts aren't crazy," Elena told them. 

Liv looked at Alex and Elena teasingly. "Easy for you two to say. You're not." 

Alex and Elena stopped walking, looking at Liv.

"Wow," Alex told her.

"Ouch," Elena told her.

Liv smiled.

Alex bumped into Liv, pushing her lightly with her shoulder.

Liv laughed, walking away quickly.

Alex stepped toward her threateningly, teasingly.

Liv ran away.

Alex ran after her.

Jeremy and Elena smiled, laughing, chasing after them. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Kaylin was waiting in the living room, already wearing her dress for the Founder's Party.

Nicola walked in.

"Hey, Nik, feel up enough to go to a Founders' Day Kick-Off Party?" Kaylin asked. 

"Even if I was feeling 100%, I wouldn't go to a Founders' Party," Nicola told her. "They're all boring and stupid and lame." 

Kaylin smiled. "Why don't you tell me how you really feel?" 

"Like I said, I'll never willingly go to a Founders' Party," Nicola told her, turning around to walk down the hall.

Kaylin appeared in front of her, handing her a dress. "Well, with tomb vampires after all of the Salvatores, human and vampire, and especially what happened the last time that you were left in the house alone, I'm not giving you much of a choice." 

Nicola sighed, taking the dress from Kaylin. "For my safety, or because you wanna torment me?" 

Kaylin didn't answer, smiling mischievously yet impishly.

-

Night - Founders' Hall - Founders' Day Kick-Off Party 

Classical, bland music was playing in the background. 

Stefan, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola walked in. They looked casual yet formal. 

"Oh, God," Stefan told them. "I shouldn't be here." 

"Yeah, well, Kaylin's making me, so suck it up," Nicola told him. 

"Come on, don't be downers," Kaylin told them. "Its a party for the Founding Families." 

"That would be us," Damon agreed. "That would be rude to skip it." 

Nicola looked around Kaylin to look at Damon. "I really liked you a whole lot better when you hated everybody." 

"Oh, I still do," Damon told them. "I just love that they love me."

"Who's delusional now?" Nicola asked.

Damon narrowed his gaze at Nicola, but, in a good mood, chuckled. 

Kaylin looked around Damon to look at Stefan. "How are you feeling, Stefan?" 

Stefan spoke quickly. "I'm good. I'm fine." 

"No cravings?" Kaylin asked. "No urges?" 

"Is that whiskey you've been drinking all day doing its job?" Nicola asked.

Stefan chuckled. 

"We are who we are," Damon told him. "Nothing's gonna change that." 

"Nothing will make you happier to just see me give in, huh, Damon?" Stefan asked.

"Whatever," Damon told him. "It's inevitable." 

"Well, I'm gonna find Elena," Stefan told them, walking away.

"And I'm gonna go find something a little stronger than wine," Kaylin told them.

Nicola pointed at Kaylin. "That's the first thing I can agree with you all day." 

Kaylin smiled.

Kaylin and Nicola walked away.

Damon looked after them, pointing at them. "Don't embarrass me, young ones." 

Damon smirked. 

-

Elsewhere 

Stefan walked away, taking a glass of wine off a passing by waiter, drinking it in one drink, continuing to walk without taking a pause, setting the glass on a nearby table, straightening the collar of his jacket.

-

Private Room 

Matt, Kelly, Tyler, Richard and Kacie were standing together in the same room. 

Richard looked at Matt and Kelly. "I'm so glad you could join us tonight."

"It was nice of you to reach out to us," Kelly told him.

"This town is one big family," Richard told them. Matt looked away in annoyance. Kacie rolled her eyes. "When we lose a member, we all have to come together." Richard offered a hand to Matt. "Matt. Kelly."

They shook hands.

Richard looked from Kacie to Tyler on either side of him, leading the way out of the room.

-

Hallway 

Tyler grabbed Kacie's arm. "You want to get drunk, or really drunk?" 

Kacie smiled. "What do you think?" 

Tyler smirked. "Good choice." He turned, getting two bottles from his hiding place behind a tall plant, turning to Kacie, handing one to her. "Good. Go get drunk." 

Kacie rolled her eyes, walking away. 

-

Private Room 

Matt and Kelly looked at each other. 

"Well, I guess dead kid rates a special greeting from the mayor, huh?" Kelly asked.

"God, Mom," Matt told her. 

"I need a drink," Kelly told him, walking out of the room.

Tyler walked into the room with his bottle of alcohol, smiling. "Check it out!" 

"Your dad is going to beat you down if he catches you," Matt told him.

"Yeah, let him try," Tyler told him. "He'll have to go through the same motions with Kace." 

"Screw it," Matt told him, taking the bottle, taking one long drink. 

Tyler looked around to make sure no one was watching. 

-

Dance Floor 

Stefan was at the bar, drinking.

Elena approached him. 

Stefan saw her, putting the glass on the bar, waving to her.

Elena smiled. "Hey." 

"Hey," Stefan told her. "How are you?" 

Stefan kissed Elena on the cheek.

"Are you drunk?" Elena asked.

"Okay, I know it's a little weird, but it's really helping me," Stefan told her. "The alcohol takes the edge off." 

"You're totally that drunk high school guy at parties sneaking booze," Elena told him. 

"I totally am," Stefan answered. "Yeah." 

"How worried do I need to be?" Elena asked.

"Oh, no," Stefan told her. "You don't need to be worried. It's just until the cravings go away. Listen, I think we should enjoy it while it lasts. Would you like to dance with me?" 

"You hate dancing," Elena told him. "I usually have to beg you." 

"No, no, no, you have to beg the sober me," Stefan told her. "The drunk me, there is no begging necessary." 

Elena looked at the dance floor. "There's really no one dancing." 

"That's because they need something better to dance to," Stefan told her. "I'll be right back." 

Stefan walked away.

Kelly approached Elena. "Yeah... That's not gonna work. I already tried to bribe the guy with 20 bucks and a date. He said Carol Lockwood has complete control over the music choices." 

Elena looked toward Stefan.

Stefan was compelling the DJ. 

"You'd be surprised what Stefan can accomplish when he puts his mind to it," Elena told her.

The music changed from classical to upbeat rock.

(Song:) 1901 – Phoenix

There was scattered cheers at the change of music. 

"Thank God," Kelly told them in relief, walking toward the dance floor. 

Stefan led Kelly to the dance floor, starting to dance with her.

Kaylin approached Elena, watching Stefan and Kelly. "Have I entered an alternate universe where Stefan is fun?"

Stefan spun Kelly around. 

"Kaylin, is he gonna be okay?" Elena asked.

"Eventually," Kaylin answered. "One way or another."

Kaylin and Elena exchanged a look, looking toward Stefan on the dance floor. 

(Song Ends) 

-~-

(Song:) White Night – The Postelles

Couples were dancing to the upbeat song. 

Liv and Jenna were standing off to the side, laughing. 

"I can't believe you actually came," Jenna told her.

"Well, according to John, being a Gilbert 'comes with great responsibility'," Liv told her in mock. Jenna smiled. Liv looked over her appearance. "And I have you to thank for this." 

"What?" Jenna asked innocently. "You look cute." 

"I do not look cute," Liv told her, looking away, seeing Alaric. "History teacher three o'clock."

"How do I look?" Jenna asked. 

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?" Liv asked.

Jenna gave her a half-hearted look, giving Liv a slight push.

Liv smiled, walking away.

Alaric approached Jenna. "I was looking for you." 

"Here I am," Jenna told him. "I haven't seen you in a while." 

"Well, uh... things have been a little crazy, but I'm here now," Alaric told her. "Do you want to get a drink?" 

"Sure," Jenna answered. 

"Okay," Alaric told her.

Jenna and Alaric walked off together.

-

Hallway 

Alex walked down a hall.

A waiter walked by with a tray of wine glasses. 

Alex grabbed one off of the tray stealthily, walking away as if she hadn't done anything, taking a drink. She walked around a corner to see Tyler and Matt. 

Tyler smiled, a bottle still in his hand. "Alex! You made it." He looked around, listening to the music. "When did this happen?" 

"DJ had a change of heart," Alex told them. 

Tyler put an arm around Alex, smiling. "Well, it is about damn time." 

Damon stood nearby, smirking, watching them. 

Alex smiled a small smile. "You're drunk." She looked at Matt. "Both of you." 

"I had to do something to have a little fun," Matt told her. "Who knew I've been missing all the fun at the Founders' Parties?" 

"This is rare, believe me," Tyler told him.

"Is it bad that I'm enjoying myself?" Matt asked.

"No," Alex answered. "It's great that you are enjoying yourself. I mean, with Caroline and Eliza gone at their dad's, and Bonnie staying with her Dad's side of the family... Vicki, Tory..." She took a deep breath of realization. "Oh, my God. Tory. Has anybody called to tell Tory?" 

Matt shook his head. "Well, I mean, we've tried, but they still won't let us talk to her, so..." 

Alex nodded in understanding, looking at the bottle in Tyler's hand. "On second thought, I might need something stronger than wine." 

Alex drank the rest of her wine, handing the glass to Tyler, taking the bottle, taking a drink. 

Matt and Tyler chuckled, as if nothing had happened.

Matt held up his glass. "Well, I'm gonna need a refill." 

Matt walked away, leaving. 

Damon approached them from behind, looking at Alex. "Want to dance, Alex?"

Alex looked at Damon in confusion. "No." 

Damon looked at Alex as if he knew she would say yes. "Please?" 

Tyler turned on Damon. "Look, dude, she said no." 

(Song Ends) 

Damon looked at Tyler skeptically. "'Dude'? Really? Again with the 'dude'?" 

Alex looked between them in confusion. 

"Now walk away," Tyler told him drunkenly. "Or you'll regret it." 

Alex looked at Damon, grabbing Tyler's shoulder. "Ty, don't. He's..." She looked Damon over. "Strong."

Damon smirked, looking at Tyler, mimicking him. "Listen to the girl, dude." He compelled him. "Now walk away before you're the one that gets hurt."

"Damon!" Alex told him. 

Tyler looked at Damon angrily, trying to punch Damon in the face.

Damon easily caught his fist, looking at the vervain bracelet that Alex had given him. He looked at Alex, rolling his eyes. "Really?" 

Alex shrugged slightly, pulling Tyler away from him. "Come on, Ty." 

Damon let go of Tyler's hand, smiling. "Sorry about that." He looked at Alex, smirking in amusement. "Bye, now." 

Alex looked at him cautiously.

Damon turned around, walking away.

Tyler looked at Alex as if nothing had happened. "Wanna dance?" 

Alex was still looking in the direction Damon had walked away in. "I don't know."

"Yes," Tyler told her.

Alex smiled slightly, looking at him. "Tyler." 

Tyler smiled, pulling her toward the dance floor. "Yes. Come on." 

Alex smiled, letting Tyler spin her onto the dance floor. 

-

Elsewhere 

Damon approached Liz, who was not in uniform, but in another casual formal black dress. "Ah, you know, I love a woman in uniform, but I have to side with this one. You look... you look smashing." 

Liz chuckled. "Thank you, Damon. Cheers. I needed that. You know, I had my doubts about you at first, but like everyone else on the Council, you've won me over." 

"Thanks, Liz," Damon told her. "It's really nice how welcoming the Council has been. I like my life here in Mystic Falls. It's starting to feel like home again." 

"Well, you're not gonna like what I have to tell you," Liz told him. "John Gilbert's claims check out. Blood banks, the missing people, all of it's true. We might have a problem." 

Jeremy approached them. "Excuse me, Sheriff. I was curious if there's been any more information about what happened to Vicki Donovan?" 

"It was an overdose, Jeremy," Liz told him. 

"Yeah, but her body was buried," Jeremy told her. "Somebody must have done that."

Damon tried to conceal the fact he was uncomfortable about the subject.

"We're aware of that," Liz told them. "The investigation is ongoing, but there's nothing more I can tell you at this time. I'm sorry." 

"It's okay," Jeremy told her, walking away.

Liz and Damon watched him go.

-

Dance Floor 

(Song:) Use Your Love – Katy Perry

Couples were dancing to the song. 

Liv stood on the sidelines, watching the crowd, seeming to get hot, pulling off Cristian's jacket, folding it over her arm, looking up, looking off toward the nearest doorway.

Cristian stood there, leaning against the door frame, looking at Liv. 

Liv smiled a small smile, walking toward him, looking at the jacket. "I'm pretty sure you're the one that gave me this." 

"I believe that I am," Cristian agreed. 

Liv smiled  "So, what are you doing here? And don't tell me it's just for this thing." 

"Well, apparently my aunt has some business to deal with the mayor, and Anna won't come because she knows that Jeremy will be here, so here I am," Cristian told her.

"Wait," Liv told him. "Why is Anna avoiding Jeremy? Did they get into a fight or something?" 

Cristian nodded slightly. "Or something. She won't tell me everything, obviously, so you know about as much as I know." 

Liv smiled a small smile. "Well, you're here, Cristian." She raised her arms in a shrug. "Saved me from an entire night of tormenting embarrassment about being here... alone... with no one to talk to." 

Cristian smirked. "I can take a hint, Liv." 

Liv smiled a small smile, looking down for a moment, looking up at Cristian.

-

Elsewhere 

Elena was standing alone, turning around.

Stefan appeared in front of her. "Please dance with your alcoholic vampire boyfriend." 

They began to dance. Stefan spun Elena to where her back was to his chest. Elena smiled, spinning away from him, accidentally backing into a man behind her.

Elena gasped, turning to face him. "Oh."

The man turned to face her. "Watch it." 

"I'm sorry," Elena told him. "It's my fault. I'm clumsy."

"Then get off the dance floor," the man told her. 

(Song Ends) 

Elena looked at the man, slightly offended. "Excuse me?" 

Stefan stepped toward the man. "That's no way to talk to a lady." 

"Whatever," the man told them, turning to leave.

Stefan grabbed his arm to stop him, compelling him. "I think you need to apologize." 

"I'm sorry," the man told them, starting to leave. 

Stefan stopped him. "Now say it like you mean it." 

The man looked at Elena. "I'm really, really sorry." 

"Stefan, it's fine," Elena told him.

Stefan looked at the man. "Now, walk away." Stefan pushed the man. The man walked away, leaving. Elena touched Stefan's arm. Stefan turned to face Elena, placing a hand on her cheek. "You all right?" 

Elena nodded. 

Alex had been standing by the wall, having seen the entire thing, confused. 

-

Elsewhere

(Song Use Your Love – Katy Perry resumes) 

Cristian and Liv were standing together at the side of the party. 

"So, then they tell me that they're adopted, and that they've known for, like, a month, and they haven't told us," Liv told him. 

"And you're not mad at them?" Cristian asked.

Liv shook her head. "Nope. Because I don't know how I would gone about that. 'Hey, Liv, Jer, we just found out that we were adopted, and we don't know if you're gonna hate us now just because we're not related by blood'." 

Cristian smirked in amusement. "You always like this, Liv?"

"I haven't had a single drop of alcohol, if that's what you mean, Cristian," Liv told him. "And, yeah, this is the way I used to be before the car accident, but afterward, I just got so... dark. Twisted, I guess. Like it couldn't get any better than this. But, now, it's just like all the suffering is gone, and I can finally be me again."

Liv took a cherry off of the nearby snack table, plopping it into her mouth, smiling, eating.

(Song Ends) 

(Song:) Brick By Boring Brick - Paramore 

Liv looked up at the ceiling where the music came from the speakers, recognizing the intro to the song, smiling. "Oh, I love this song." 

Cristian looked at the speakers in slight confusion, not used to the type of music. "I don't know this song." He shrugged slightly, looking at Liv. "But I'm used to improvisation these days." 

Liv smiled slightly in curiousness, tilting her head. "Does that mean you wanna dance?" 

Cristian shrugged. "Does it mean that you want to?" 

"Uh, well..." Liv trailed off, placing Cristian's jacket aside, taking his hand, leading him to the dance floor, spinning, turning to face him, starting to dance. 

Cristian smiled. "You take the lead." 

"I can do that," Liv told him. 

Alex stood in the same place she had been by the wall, seeing them, seeming to be worried about Liv's connection to a vampire, but also content at seeing her little sister happy and having fun. She walked away, toward the bar.

Damon stood at the bar, drinking. "Bourbon. Thank you." Alex approached him, standing next to him. Damon smirked. "There you are. Just got done talking to your little boyfriend. He says he was looking for you."

"And he thought I was with you?" Alex asked. "He must be severely drunk." 

"Well, you're with me right now, aren't you?" Damon replied.

"Yeah, because I have a question for you," Alex told him. "Have you noticed what your brother has been up to?" 

"No," Damon answered. "I have been too preoccupied with yours." Alex looked at him in confusion. "Jeremy has been asking questions about Vicki Donovan's death." 

"He knows that her death was ruled an overdose," Alex told him.

"Really?" Damon asked in slight mock. "'Oh, but, Sheriff, someone buried her. Who would do that?' I know, I know!" He pointed at himself. "Me! I mean, I could compel him, and I could make sure that Little Liv and Kacie are really in the dark about this whole vampire paper thing, but they're all wearing vervain..." 

"No," Alex told him. "I don't want you to compel any of them." 

"If he keeps asking questions, or if Liv or Kacie get too close to the truth..." Damon trailed off. 

"Damon, no," Alex told him. "I'm serious. I'm not going to do that to Jeremy and Liv again, and I'm not going to let you victimize Kacie again. I'll handle it. Besides, Elena already wants to talk to them, anyway." 

"Speaking of Little Liv..." Damon trailed off, looking toward the dance floor where Cristian and Liv were still dancing. "Seems to me like she's got a thing for a 500-year-old vampire who has been in the tomb for 145 years. Cristian. How the hell did that happen?" 

"I don't know," Alex told him. "But I can't let it go on any longer than it has been. It's too dangerous for her."

"And how are you going to stop her without telling her the truth?" Damon asked. Alex didn't answer, knowing he was right, but remaining set in her decision. Damon took a rose off of the bar, handing it to Alex. "Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you." 

Alex looked at the rose. "What's that for?" 

"For being a jerk to you and your little boyfriend earlier," Damon answered. 

Alex took the rose.

Alex and Damon looked at each other for a moment.

Damon turned around, starting to walk away.

Alex turned after him. "About Tyler..." Damon turned to face her. "What did you say to him?" 

Damon didn't answer, smirking, turning around, walking away.

Alex watched him go in confusion. 

-

Elsewhere

Kelly finished her drink, putting the glass in a plant. 

Tyler appeared behind her. "I saw that." 

Kelly looked at Tyler. "Shh. We'll keep that between you and me. Where is the lady's room?" 

"This way," Tyler told her, walking down the hall. "I'll show you." 

Kelly followed, looking at the glass in his hand. "Is that soda?" 

Kelly took the glass away from him. 

Tyler tried to stop her. "Um..." 

Kelly took a drink. "Mm. Vodka. Thank God." 

Kelly walked down the hall.

Tyler smirked in amusement, following.

-

Outside - Balcony 

Damon was on the balcony.

John approached him. "Damon, right?" 

"John," Damon told him.

"We didn't get the chance to meet at the Council meeting," John told him. 

"Yeah," Damon agreed, shaking his hand. "It's a pleasure. Are you enjoying the kick-off?" 

"Oh, yeah," John answered. "I forgot how much fun these small town celebrations can be." 

"Yeah," Damon agreed. "When was the last time you were here?" 

"Hasn't been that long," John answered. "My brother's funeral. How long have you been in town?" 

"Oh, not long at all," Damon answered.

"So, what do you think, Damon?" John asked. "You know, this vampire problem is real, right? It's a potential blood bath." 

"I wouldn't overreact, John," Damon told him.

"Oh, I think it's like 1864 all over again, vampires running amok," John told him. "I guess we're just gonna have to hunt them down, throw them in a church and burn them to ash." 

"That's the story, huh?" Damon asked.

"Part of the story, yeah," John answered.

"Oh, there's more?" Damon asked.

"Oh, there's a lot more," John answered. "See, it seems there was a tomb under the church, where vampires were hidden, waiting for someone to come along and set them free. But then you already knew that, didn't you?" Damon looked out into the night, uncomfortable. "I mean, you're the one that did it."

Damon looked at John. "And you're telling me this why?" 

"I just thought we get the introductions out of the way," John answered. 

"You know that I could rip your throat out before anyone would notice?" Damon asked.

"Yeah," John answered, unafraid.

"Yeah?" Damon asked. "Okay. But you probably ingest vervain, so..." 

"Why don't you take a bite to find out?" John asked.

Damon smirked. "It's not worth my time." 

John and Damon exchanged a look, smiling tightly.

Damon started to walk away, stopping, looking at John for a moment. He rushed toward him, snapping his neck, throwing him off the balcony.

John's dead body laid on the ground at an uncomfortable angle. 

Damon looked around to see if anyone had noticed, smirking. 

(Song Ends)

-~-

Inside - Private Room 

Jeremy sat on a couch, looking into the flames of the fire place in front of him. 

Elena joined him. "Jer? I heard about your conversation with Sheriff Forbes." 

"No one is trying to figure out what happened to her," Jeremy told her. "They all want to believe that she ODed." 

"The coroner's office confirmed it," Elena told him. "If that's what they said happened, then..." 

"Is that what you believe?" Jeremy asked. 

"What do you think happened?" Elena asked. 

"I think somebody killed her and buried her body, and I don't think we should write it off just 'cause it's easy," Jeremy answered.

"They're just doing what they can to move on," Elena told him.

"The truth is the only thing that's gonna help people to move on," Jeremy told her. 

"Jer, just let it go, okay?" Elena asked. "Whatever it was, she's gone now." 

"'Whatever it was'?" Jeremy repeated. "So you don't think it was an overdose?" 

"Yes, I do," Elena told him. 

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Jeremy asked. Elena was really uncomfortable, unable to look at him. "Why aren't you looking at me?" 

"Stop it," Elena told him. "That doesn't mean anything."

"If there was something else, you would tell me, right?" Jeremy asked. 

Elena hesitated. "Of course I would." 

Jeremy looked at Elena suspiciously. 

-

Outside

(Song:) Hey Hey Girl – The Virgins 

Kelly and Tyler were laughing, drunk.

"Oh, God," Kelly told him. "I can't even walk." 

"I know," Tyler told her. "Me, neither." 

"Oh, my God," Kelly told him. "Matt is going to kill me." 

"He won't even notice," Tyler told her. "I think he's actually letting himself have some fun for once."

"Yeah, I know," Kelly told him. "I just should be on my best behavior because of Vicki, but everything that's happening right now is bringing up stuff that happened with my sister, and my niece and nephews, and I don't want to think about it. Tory, Amelia, Ash, Mikey, About any of it. I can't, because if I do..." 

"Yeah," Tyler told her. "I was a dick to Vicki. I was really bad. That's what I hate, is I can't make any of it right. It's like I don't deserve to even miss her. And I'm sorry. About the fire. About Tory not being able to come back." 

Kelly touched his arm. "You're nice to talk to me. I don't have anyone to talk to." 

Kelly and Tyler looked at each other, smiling. 

-

Inside - Hallway 

Kacie was walking alone, the bottle still in her hand, nearly empty, a little drunk.

Alex approached her from behind. "Hey, um, Kacie." She smiled. "Can we talk?" 

Kacie shrugged. "Why not?" 

"Mr. Saltzman told me about the paper that you, Jeremy and Liv had worked on," Alex told her.

Kacie stopped where she was, no longer in a good mood.

(Song Ends) 

"What made you guys write about vampires and werewolves?" Alex asked. 

Kacie looked distracted, as if she was having a series of flashbacks. "Just... boredom." She sighed. "We found journals of our ancestors that were both writers, and both wrote about vampires." 

Alex nodded. "So... that's it? There's nothing else?" 

Kacie turned away from Alex seriously. "What else would there be?" 

Alex looked at Kacie with slight worry. "Is everything okay?" 

Kacie looked at Alex. "Everything's fine." 

"Are you sure?" Alex asked. "I mean, you look--" 

"Just leave me alone, okay, Alex?" Kacie asked, walking away quickly. 

Alex followed her. "Hey, Kacie, hey, wait. I'm sorry. I just..." 

-

Outside 

Alex and Kacie walked outside. 

Matt and Elena walked out of the opposite direction. 

They looked toward the same direction.

"Oh, my God," Alex told her in shock and denial.

Kacie was in shock.

Tyler and Kelly were kissing. 

"Ty!" Kacie told him.

Tyler looked toward them in shock.

Matt pulled Tyler away from Kelly angrily. "What the hell are you doing, man?" 

"Matt--" Kelly started.

"Mom!" Matt told her angrily.

"Whoa, dude, calm down," Tyler told him. 

Matt punched Tyler in the face. 

"Matt!" Kacie told him. 

"No!" Kelly told them. 

Tyler punched Matt in the face, making him back into Kelly.

Kelly was forced to fall into the table of wine glasses behind her, making the table fall and the glass to shatter all over her. 

Elena looked at them in shock.

Tyler punched Matt in the face, making him fall to the ground, punching him repeatedly.

"Stop it!" Elena told them.

"Tyler!" Alex told him. "Tyler, stop it! You're hurting him." 

Kacie walked forward, starting to pull Tyler off of Matt. "Stop. Get off. Tyler!" She pushed him against the wall, having to struggle to keep him there. Matt coughed on the ground, bleeding and beaten. "Hey! Stop!" Tyler stopped fighting with Kacie, looking around in confusion. "What the hell was that?" 

Elena knelt next to Matt. "Here, come on. Get up. Are you okay?" 

Richard walked outside, standing next to Tyler and Kacie. "It's all right. It's okay." He looked at Tyler. "You hurt?" Tyler shook his head. "Okay. Go get cleaned up." Tyler and Kacie looked at Richard weirdly. "It's okay. Go get cleaned up." Tyler and Kacie exchanged a look. Tyler walked inside, leaving. Richard turned to Kacie angrily, keeping his voice down. "What the hell was that?" 

"I'm the one who stopped the fight, if you hadn't noticed," Kacie told him. "No thanks to you, by the way." 

Richard looked at Kacie incredulously.

Alex looked toward them, having heard them. 

Richard looked around, noticing some other people close enough to hear, calming down, looking at the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight. "Everything's fine." He raised his arms in a shrug. "Everything's fine. Come on, everybody, back to the party, let's go. Come on. Have a good time." The crowd started to disperse. Richard looked at Kacie. "Who started the fight?" 

"Well, that depends on how you define 'start'," Kacie told him. "Do you mean who started provoking the other, or who threw the first punch?" 

Richard looked at Kacie very seriously, angrily. "I'm done being embarrassed by the two of you. We will talk about this later." 

Richard walked inside, leaving.

Kacie looked down, annoyed and resigned. "Can't wait." 

Alex sighed, looking at Kacie regretfully.

Elena helped Matt sit up. "Are you okay?" 

"Where is she?" Matt asked.

"I don't know," Elena told him. "Put your head up." 

Kacie turned to Alex. "You okay?" 

Alex put her hand up, shaking her head. "Don't--Just please don't say, 'I told you so'." 

Kacie shook her head. "I won't. But I'll kick his ass and demand an explanation for you." 

"No," Alex told her. "Let me." 

Alex took a deep breath, walking inside.

Kacie watched her go. 

-

Inside 

(Song:) Does This Mean You're Moving On? – The Airborne Toxic Event

Alex walked around, looking for Tyler, walking toward him. "What the hell was that, Tyler?" 

Tyler looked guilty and confused. "Alex--" Alex slapped him across the face. Tyler nodded as if he thought he deserved that, looking at her. "I don't know why I did that. I never meant to do that." 

Alex scoffed. "Yeah, right. And you wondered why I didn't want to give you a chance in the first place." She looked at Tyler, more hurt than angry, shaking her head at her own foolishness. "Kacie was right. I never should've listened to you." 

Alex turned to leave.

Tyler grabbed her arm to stop her. "I swear, Alex. All I remember is talking to Damon, and then I was on top of Matt, beating him because I kissed Kelly." 

Alex looked at him cautiously, looking down at his wrist that had had the vervain bracelet before.

The vervain bracelet was gone now. 

Alex took his hand in hers, showing Tyler. "What happened to the bracelet?" 

Tyler shook his head. "I don't know. It must've came off during the fight." 

Alex sighed angrily in realization. "I'll be back.' 

Alex walked away angrily.

Tyler watched her go in confusion.

-

Elsewhere 

Kaylin and Nicola were sitting at the bar, laughing, drinking. 

Stefan stood next to them, drinking even more, looking at Nicola. "Look who's letting herself have fun."

"Look who's talking," Nicola replied. Stefan smiled. "Hey, just because I'm under watch from the vengeful tomb vamps doesn't mean that I can't have a little fun." 

Kaylin smiled. "See? And what have I been telling you?" 

Nicola smirked, looking away. "Shut up." She looked at the bartender. "Bourbon, please." 

"ID, please," the bartender replied.

Kaylin compelled him. "You don't need one." 

The bartender looked at her for a moment, starting to pour them drinks.

"Subtle, Kaylin," Stefan told her sarcastically.

"Oh, you guys know that is not my strong suit," Kaylin told them. 

"Yeah, neither is patience," Stefan told her. "Or impulse control." 

"Or tact," Nicola told her teasingly.

Kaylin smiled. "Okay, no need to be mean." 

Damon approached them. "Sorry to crash the fun, but we need to talk. You want to hear the bad news or really bad news?" 

"Actually, I don't want any news, Damon," Nicola told him.

"All right, let me rephrase," Damon told them. "Do you want to hear how the Council is back in vampire mode, or how I just killed Uncle John Gilbert and compelled Tyler into making a spectacle in the middle of a party that caused a lot of fighting that none of you even noticed?"

Nicola, Kaylin and Stefan looked at him in surprised confusion, processing. 

"What?" Kaylin asked. 

"Great party by the way, huh?" Damon asked, smiling, walking away.

Nicola, Kaylin and Stefan exchanged a look.

Kaylin started to follow Damon. "Damon." 

Stefan suddenly stopped walking. 

(Song Ends) 

Stefan slowly turned his head to see Kelly crying and bleeding, slowly approaching her. "Is everything all right?" 

"No," Kelly answered. "I ruined it. I always ruin it. What is wrong with me?" Stefan knelt next to her, looking at the blood coating Kelly's forehead, entranced by the urge for blood, touching it. "What are you doing?" 

Stefan looked as if he was about to transform and feed. 

Kaylin appeared next to them, pulling Stefan away from Kelly, pushing him lightly to his feet, turning to face him. "Whoa, Stefan. Now is not the right place or time."

Stefan looked at Kaylin, brought out of his daze.

(Song Does This Mean You're Moving On? – The Airborne Toxic Event Resumes) 

"And you get onto me about lack of subtlety and patience and impulse control?" Kaylin asked. Stefan looked at Kelly in guilt. Kaylin looked at him understandingly. "Go." Stefan looked at his sister. Kaylin nodded. "Don't worry, Stefan. She won't remember a thing." 

Stefan nodded, turning around, walking away.

Kaylin watched him go, looking as if she was starting to get worried about her brother, sighing. 

-

Outside 

 Stefan walked away from the house. He stopped when he noticed that he still had Kelly's blood on his fingers.

(Song Ends) 

Stefan breathed heavily, trying to fight through, walking toward the gate, leaning against it. He fought for as long as he could, but unable to control it, he licked the blood off of his fingers. 

-

Inside 

(Song Does This Mean You're Moving On? – The Airborne Toxic Event Resumes) 

Damon was listening to the music, standing alone, his smile fading as he looked out into the crowd.

(Song Ends) 

John walked into the room, alive and completely well. 

Damon looked at him in confused suspicion. "You got to be kidding me." 

-~-

Founders' Meeting 

Richard was talking to the Council. "Thank you all, thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you all for joining us tonight. In just a few moments, we will officially begin the countdown to our upcoming Founders' Day Celebration, and it's a very special one this year. The one hundred fiftieth birthday of our town and I would like to welcome back one of our town favorite's sons to do the honors of ringing our official charter bell. John Gilbert, would you please join me up here?"

There was applause.

John joined Richard. 

Damon was watching him. 

"One hundred and fifty years of community, prosperity, family," John told them. "We take care of each other, we look after each other, protect each other." He looked at Damon in the crowd. "It's good to be home." 

There was applause.

Damon joined Alaric in the crowd. "Look at his right hand."

"Whose?" Alaric asked.

"Town's favorite son," Damon answered. "Look at his ring." 

John rang the bell with his right hand. He was wearing a ring just like Alaric's ring.

"Well, it looks like mine," Alaric told him. 

"Yeah, and that would be a big coincidence if he didn't just come back from the dead five minutes ago," Damon told him. "Where the hell did you get that ring?" 

"Isobel, my wife," Alaric answered. 

"Who gave birth to Alex and Elena, under the medical care of the esteemed Dr. Grayson Gilbert, John's brother," Damon told him.

They looked at John.

"Do you think John knew Isobel?" Alaric asked.

Damon nodded slightly. "I think John knows a lot of things." 

-

Foyer

(Song:)  To Be Your Loss – The Morning After Girls

In the large foyer outside of the room where the meeting was held, everyone was filing out, getting ready to leave. 

Damon walked out of the room.

Alex saw him, growing angry, approaching him.

Damon smirked when he saw her. "Oh, hey." 

Alex pushed him in the chest. "You think you're hilarious, don't you?" 

"I'm that way on numerous occasions," Damon told her. "Which joke of mine were you taking a liking to?"

"It's one that I hated, actually, and you know exactly what I'm talking about, so don't insult me by pretending that you don't," Alex told him. 

"You see, that is why I like you," Damon told her. "You're angry, fierce, fearless, and not afraid to speak your mind, even to a homicidal vampire who could kill you." 

Alex held out her hand. "Tyler's vervain bracelet, now." 

Damon rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on, it was just a little joke." 

"Why did you do it?" Alex asked.

"Because I knew it would piss you off," Damon answered. "Now, do you want your boy toy's bracelet back, or learn how I just killed your uncle?" 

Alex looked at Damon in shock, processing. "You did what?" 

"Oh, but, uh, don't worry," Damon told her. "He has a ring exactly like Alaric's that brought him back from the dead, so, there's that." Alex processed this new information. Damon smirked. "Nice party, huh?" 

Damon started to walk away.

Alex grabbed his arm to stop him. "Give me the bracelet and tell me why the hell you even thought about killing John in the first place." 

"I killed John because he knew about me, about the tomb vampires, and he was going to out me," Damon answered. "But, I didn't know about the ring, so I didn't know he would come back from he dead."

Damon tried to step around Alex.

Alex stepped in his way to stop him. "Give me the bracelet, and I'll hate you for killing John tomorrow."

Damon looked at her in confused curiousness. "That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me." 

"You just said that John had risen from the grave," Alex pointed out.

"Parking lot, actually," Damon corrected. 

Alex rolled her eyes. "Whatever. He's back. He was dead, and now he's not. Tyler kissed his best friend's mom and beat him to a pulp because you compelled him to."

Damon tilted his head, looking away. "Well..." 

"He could have killed Matt, Damon," Alex stressed. "Now, give me the bracelet." 

Damon looked at Alex for a moment, sighing, pulling the bracelet out of his pocket, handing it to Alex. "There. Happy?" 

Alex closed her hand over the bracelet, nodding slightly. She suddenly slapped Damon across the face with her other hand, making him look to the side, leaning closer. "Never touch another friend of mine, or another person in my family again." 

Alex walked away, leaving.

Damon held his jaw, holding it gingerly, rotating it, amused, watching her go.

-

Outside 

Stefan was in the parking lot, walking toward the exit.

The man that had been rude to Elena on the dance floor earlier purposefully pushed into Stefan. "Sorry about that, man. I really am terribly sorry."

"You don't want to do this, man," Stefan told him.

The man pushed Stefan. "I'm sorry about that, too. All I can do is apologize. What's that about?" 

"Get out of my way," Stefan told him. "Please." 

"No girl to show off for now?" the man asked. "I see how it is." The man tried to punch Stefan in the face. Stefan caught his fist easily, pushing the man to the ground, stalking closer, transforming. "What are you, man?" 

-

Gilbert House - Foyer 

Jeremy walked into the house, walking upstairs.

-

Alex/Elena's Room 

Jeremy walked into the room, looking everywhere, trying to find something. She looked through dresser drawers on both sides of the room, both Alex and Elena's things. He lifted the window seat up, only to find nothing. He looked into a trunk, only to find nothing. He looked into the drawers of the only desk in the room, only to find nothing. He turned, seeing Alex's bedside table, noticing that it had a lock on it. He looked at the desk, grabbing two bobby pins, kneeling next to the bedside table, using the bobby pins to pick the lock, opening it. He pulled out Alex's diary. He looked up, noticing a horse painting above the bedside table, looking at it curiously, standing, looking behind the painting, finding Elena's diary. He looked between the two diaries, debating which one to read first.

-

Founders' Hall 

(Song:) Dig - Incubus

Tyler was where Alex had left him, standing alone.

Alex walked toward him.

Tyler smiled sadly. "I'm so sorry, Alex. I didn't know what was happening, and--" 

Alex silenced Tyler with a passionate kiss, placing her hands on his cheeks, surprising him. Tyler kissed back for a long moment.

Tyler pulled away.

Alex smiled a small smile, taking Tyler's wrist, putting his bracelet on. 

Tyler looked at Alex in confused curiousness. "All's forgiven?" 

Alex smiled, nodding. "All's forgiven." 

Tyler and Alex kissed passionately. 

-

Outside 

Stefan was above the man, looking down on him.

The man was on the ground, nearly unconscious.

Kaylin walked outside. "Stefan? Stefan?" Stefan rushed away, disappearing. Kaylin saw the man on the ground, running closer. "Hey! Are you okay? What happened?" 

The man sat up painfully. "My arm. I lost my balance, and fell. I'm clumsy." 

Kaylin sighed, looking away as if she already knew that Stefan had been involved.

-

Inside 

Kacie and Tyler were standing together in a room.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ty?" Kacie asked.

"Don't worry about it," Tyler told her. 

"Don't wor--" Kacie started. "Don't worry about it? You kissed your best friend's mom and beat him down, all when you're dating my best friend." 

"I blacked out, Kace," Tyler told her. "You do that, too, so don't lie about it." 

Kacie looked down thoughtfully, knowing Tyler was right.

Richard walked in. "Let's go." 

"Dad, I'm sorry," Tyler told him. "I don't even know what happened. I was drinking, and I lost control. I can't explain it." 

Richard turned to leave.

Kacie started to follow. 

Richard turned back, back-hand slapping Tyler in the face, making him turn away. 

Kacie caught Tyler before he fell to the floor. 

Tyler breathed heavily, standing on his own. 

Kacie and Tyler looked at Richard, backing away slightly.

Richard put a hand on Tyler's chest. "That is the last time you ever embarrass this family." He looked between Kacie and Tyler. "Either of you." 

Richard turned around, straightening his collar, walking away.

Kacie and Tyler watched him go, exchanging a look. 

-

Donovan House - Living Room 

Matt was packing a suitcase.

Kelly arrived. "What are you doing? Matt, don't." 

"I can't do it anymore, Mom, so just go, all right?" Matt asked. "You've done it before. More times than I can count." 

"I'm not leaving you, Matty," Kelly told him.

"Mom!" Matt told her. "Don't you get it? I'm better off without you."

Kelly started to cry. "No, tonight was... God, I'm so sorry. I know I failed you, and I failed Vicki, and Amelia, Tory, Ash, Mikey... but I won't do it to you again. I promise I'll get it together." 

"I want you out of the house, and my life, by morning," Matt told her, walking away, leaving.

Kelly cried, sobbing, knowing she had made the last mistake that pushed her son over the edge. 

(Song Ends) 

Founders' Hall 

Cristian and Liv were talking, smiling small smiles.

Alex walked toward them. "Liv." 

Liv looked from Alex to Cristian. "Sorry to bail out, but..." 

"No, it's fine," Cristian told her. "I'll see you around." 

Alex gave Cristian a look.

Cristian looked as if he wasn't bothered by Alex, but also as if he wouldn't hurt Liv.

Liv smiled, unaware of the exchange, waving 'bye' to Cristian, turning around, walking away.

Alex looked at Cristian for a moment, following Liv. "Hey, uh, Liv..." 

Liv stopped, turning to face Alex. "Hmm? Yeah?" 

"So, uh, who's the new guy?" Alex asked. 

"Cristian," Liv answered, looking in his direction. Cristian turned around, walking out, toward Pearl outside, discussing indistinctly. "Anna's cousin." Liv looked at Alex. "Why?" 

Alex sighed. "It's probably nothing, it's just... I wanted to know when you'd have your first date so I could at least snap a picture." 

Liv rolled her eyes. "I haven't been on 'a date' with him." 

"Really?" Alex asked. "That seemed like a date to me." Liv looked away, pressing her lips together. Alex faked a gasp. "You're totally blushing." 

"Would you shut up, already?" Liv asked. 

Jenna and Elena approached them. 

"You guys ready to go?" Elena asked. "Jeremy already ditched." 

Jenna stopped walking, looking at Liv. "Whoa, what's with the blush?" 

Liv ignored them. "Sure, yeah, I'm ready to go. Let's go home." 

Liv walked past them, leading the way toward the door. 

Jenna seemed to think it was cute, smiling.

Alex and Elena exchanged a knowing look. 

-

Outside 

John was leaving.

Damon and Alaric followed.

"Going somewhere?" Damon asked.

"I've never like to be the last one to leave a party," John told them. "It's too desperate. You're going to kill me again, or you're going to let Mr. Saltzman do your dirty work?" 

"Okay, you obviously know who I am," Alaric told him. 

"I do," John answered. They stopped walking. John turned to face them. "Alaric Saltzman, a high school history teacher with a secret. Now, if you'll excuse me..." 

John turned to leave.

Kaylin appeared in front of him. "See, my brother over there told me all about you, John, what you know, what you threatened him with. Sure know a lot for someone who just got to town."

John smirked. "More than you can imagine... Kaylin." Kaylin wasn't surprised that he had known who she was. "My knowledge of this town goes beyond anything that you..." John looked at Damon. "Or you..." He looked at Alaric. "Or you. Or the Council knows. So, if you're planning on some clever high speed snatch ring vamp kill move, know that if I die, everything I know goes to the Council." He looked at Kaylin. "Including the fascinating little tale of the original Salvatore siblings, and their present day return to Mystic Falls. And that the Salvatore family has had a long history of protecting you and your brothers... Like Nicola. If the town wanted sympathizers to burn in 1864, then imagine what they would want for sympathizers today." 

Kaylin smirked sarcastically. "I'd really like to see you try." 

Damon seemed surprised by Kaylin's reaction, but impressed. 

"How did you get that ring?" Alaric asked.

John looked at Alaric. "I had inherited one, my brother, Gray, the other. This was his." He showed them his ring to them. "And I wouldn't have given mine to Isobel if I had known she'd hand it over to another guy." 

"So you did know her?" Damon asked. 

"Who do you think sent her your way when she wanted to become a vampire?" John asked.

"You sent her?" Damon asked.

"Guilty," John answered. "Why? Did you think someone else sent her? Maybe Katherine Pierce?" 

"How do you know about Katherine?" Damon asked.

"How do I know anything, Damon?" John replied.

"What do you want?" Kaylin asked. 

"So many questions," John told them. He looked at Alaric. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Ric. I've heard so much about you." 

John walked away, leaving.

Alaric, Damon and Kaylin exchanged a look, watching John go. 

-

Gilbert House - Upstairs Hallway 

Liv, Jenna, Alex and Elena walked upstairs. 

"I'm not so excited that we have another month of these Founders' Day events," Jenna told them. 

"Tell me about it," Alex told her. 

Elena walked toward Jeremy's room.

-

Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy was sitting at his computer.

Elena walked in. "Are you okay?" 

"Fine," Jeremy told her, his voice cold.

"Are you sure?" Elena asked. 

"I'm fine, Elena," Jeremy told her. 

Elena closed the door, slightly confused.

Jeremy looked around in alarm, overwhelmed by all of what he had read from the diaries.

-

Hallway 

Liv looked at Alex, Elena and Jenna. "Night."

Liv walked toward her room, trying to close the door.

"Wait, Liv," Alex told her, opening the door, walking in.

Liv sighed.

Alex closed the door behind her.

-

Liv's Room 

Alex looked at Liv. "That guy that you were blushing about, Cristian..." 

"I was not blushing," Liv told her. "It's called make-up." 

Alex tilted her head at Liv, unconvinced. "Liv, you've never had make-up on a day in your life, other than Halloween." Liv sighed quietly, looking away. "I just--I mean, are you sure you want to be around Cristian? I mean, how much do you actually know about him?" 

"Enough to know that he lives with Anna and her mom, Pearl, because his parents died from a disease that almost killed him," Liv answered. "And that Anna and her mom are the only family Cristian has. And he has a roommate named Harper. Is that enough, or would you prefer someone I've only known for two days and almost nothing about him before letting him into our house, like Elena did?" 

Alex looked away, knowing Liv was right. She looked at her. "How long have you known Cristian?" 

"A week, two weeks at the most," Liv answered. "What's the big deal?" 

Liv started to take of Cristian's jacket, realizing it wasn't her jacket, letting her hands hit her sides in annoyance. 

"What?" Alex asked.

"I still forgot to give Cristian his jacket back," Liv answered. 

Alex tilted her head at Liv, looking distracted. 

Liv looked confused as to why Alex was so interested and concerned. 

-

Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena walked into her room, starting to get undressed until she saw Stefan's reflection standing in the mirror in front of her, gasping, turning to face him. "Oh, my God. You scared me."

"Sorry," Stefan told her. "I'm sorry that I ran off earlier." 

"What happened?" Elena asked. "Is everything okay?" 

"Uh, no," Stefan answered. 

"Talk to me," Elena told him, closing the bathroom door, walking toward him. "Stefan, tell me." 

"I tried so hard to keep it together tonight, and it was working. It was working, but then Matt's mom, she got hurt, and she was bleeding, and I had her blood on my hands." 

"And then what happened?" Elena asked.

"And then that guy in the parking lot, I wanted to feed on him, and it took everything inside of me not to do it," Stefan told her.

"But you didn't?" Elena asked. 

"No," Stefan answered. "But I wanted to. Elena, my head is pounding. I feel like my skin is on fire. I have this hunger inside of me that I've never felt before in my entire life, and all I keep thinking about is how I promised that I would never keep anything from you, and so I'm telling you this." 

"That's okay," Elena told him. "I need you to tell me these things." 

"But I don't want you to see me like this," Stefan told her. "I don't want you to know that this side of me exists." 

"Stefan, you're gonna get through this," Elena told him. "I'm gonna help you pull through. It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." 

Elena put a hand on either of his cheeks. 

Stefan pulled away, standing. "No, no, no, no, no. I'm sorry. I can't. I'm afraid of what I could do to you." 

"I'm not," Elena told him, walking toward him, placing a hand on either of his cheeks. "Stefan, I'm not." She looked into his eyes, kissing him. "I'm not, okay?" 

They embraced. 

"I love you so much," Stefan told her.

Elena nodded, looking worried. "I love you, too." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Damon was on the couch in front of the fire, a glass of blood in his hand.

Stefan arrived.

"We have a problem, Stefan, and when I say problem, I mean global crisis," Damon told him. "It seems Uncle John has..." He looked at Stefan, realizing that he was not okay. "You don't look so good. It's different this time, isn't it? The need is too strong. Of course it would be after all these years." He put the glass of blood on the table, looking at Stefan, standing, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Have a good night, brother." 

Damon walked out of the room, leaving. 

Stefan looked at the glass for several long moments, picking it up, finally taking a drink. He hesitated, finishing the drink, swallowing. 

-~-

1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls" Trailer

(Song:) Don't Care - Otto's Daughter

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the dressing room of the Founders' Hall, Eliza was in her pageant dress, looking into the mirror. She didn't have her sea shell vervain locket. She looked beautiful and happy, but as if she was having second thoughts.  

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan opened a deep freezer to reveal several blood bags.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the dressing room of the Founders' Hall, Elena, Alex and Damon were talking.

Elena and Alex's hair were done, but they were not yet dressed up.

Damon was in a tux. "Stefan's still drinking human blood."

Elena looked at him in denial, processing. "What?"

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", outside the Founders' Hall, contestants, including Alex, Elena and Caroline, and their escorts, including Tyler and Damon, were lined up.

AT THE MISS MYSTIC FALLS BEAUTY PAGEANT 

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the dressing room of the Founders' Hall, Stefan and Elena were arguing.

"You've been lying," Elena told him.

"I'm fine," Stefan told her.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the bathroom of the Founders' Hall, Stefan walked inside, slamming the door, leaning against it, breathing heavily, overwhelmed with hunger and anger.

THINGS GET UGLY

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the foyer of the Founders' Hall, Kacie was announcing the contestants and the escorts by the front door, dressed for the occasion. "Miss Alexandra Gilbert, and her escort, Tyler Lockwood." Alex inhaled deeply, walking down stairs, looking at Tyler. Tyler, dressed in a tuxedo, smiled, holding his arms toward Alex for her to take. Alex linked her arm with Tyler's, looking at him for a moment, smiling. Tyler led Alex past Richard, Kacie, Damon, Kaylin, Nicola, Jenna, Alaric, Liv, Cristian, Jeremy, Anna and John outside. Kacie took a deep breath, reading the last name. "Miss Elena Gilbert, escorted by Mr. Stefan Salvatore." 

Elena inhaled deeply, walking down the steps, seeing that Stefan wasn't there.

Damon realized that she was about to get abandoned, walking past Richard and Kacie, standing in the escort line to take Stefan's place.

Elena looked at him in relief. 

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the bathroom of the Founders' Hall, Stefan punched the mirror, shattering it.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", outside the Founders' Hall, the girls and their escorts bowed to each other, starting to dance.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the Founders' Hall, Kaylin and Nicola walked in with formal attire, walking through the house to the back yard.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the Founders' Hall, Cristian and Kaylin were talking. Cristian was wearing a tux.

Kaylin looked behind him, smiling a small smile. "Maybe even find a little love for a certain little human girl." Cristian turned to follow Kaylin's gaze. Liv walked in, taking the lace vest off of her shoulders, folding it over her arms. Cristian looked at Liv for a moment, looking at Kaylin. Kaylin smiled a small smile. "What are you waiting for?"   

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in a parking lot, Eliza didn't seem afraid, standing next to a tree. "Do you want to hurt me?"

Stefan looked at Eliza, stepping closer. "I want to kill you."

 Eliza didn't seem afraid, confused, but not scared. 

Stefan touched her hair, pushing it back gently, looking at her neck.  

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the woods, Eliza had her high heels in her hands, holding her dress, running as fast as she could.

Stefan appeared in front of her.

 Elena, Alex, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola ran closer, the girls each having their jackets.   

"Stefan!" Alex told him.

"It's okay, Stefan," Nicola told him.

Damon stepped closer.

Stefan grabbed Damon, throwing him into a tree, making him fall to the ground.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in Kacie's room, Kacie looked into the mirror in denial, scared and overwhelmed, yet angry with herself, thinking she was losing her mind.

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the parking lot, Stefan and Eliza were standing facing each other.

"Eliza, if I do this, if I give in, there's no going back," Stefan told her.

Stefan started to transform.

"One taste, Stefan," Eliza told him.

Stefan leaned forward, biting Eliza's neck, feeding. 

Eliza closed her eyes in pain.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522 26 10
DISCLAIMER: All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW. I do not own any of the characters or plotlines except for my OCs Kara M...
19.1K 308 18
All rights go the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
226 12 7
DISCLAIMER: All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW. I do not own any of the characters or plotlines except for my OCs Kara M...
558K 14.3K 63
❝ You brought out a side of me I didn't even know I had ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [3x15 - TBA] cover credit; @argentsvogue