Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood

1.2K 24 7
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Jeremy: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Damon looked at the picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.14 "Fool Me Once", in the woods, Anna and Jeremy kissed. 

Anna pulled away, transforming. 

Jeremy looked at her in alarm. "Anna, your face!"

Anna turned away from him. "It's nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing," Jeremy told her. 

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the Grill, Caroline, Eliza, Alex, Elena, Matt and Kelly were standing together by the bachelor raffle ticket table.

Kelly looked at Elena. "Matt told me that you broke his little heart."

Alex looked at Matt.

Matt blushed. "Mom!"

Kelly looked at Caroline. "He found his rebound girl."

Caroline looked down, hurt.

Eliza looked at Caroline sympathetically.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in the woods, Bonnie walked through the woods toward the remains of Fell's Church.

Damon: (voice over from 1.09 History Repeating) "There's a tomb underneath the church."

From 1.09 "History Repeating", at Fell's Church, Bonnie/Emily was preparing the spell to destroy the crystal.

Stefan and Damon were nearby.

"You saved everyone in the church?" Stefan asked. 

"With one comes all," Bonnie/Emily told them.

Stefan held Damon's jacket. "28 vampires, Damon. You can't just bring them back."

From 1.14 "Fool Me Once", in the tomb, The blood bag that Damon had thrown dripped down from the wall.

Harper sat below the pool of blood on the wall.

The blood dripped toward him.

Harper stood, opening the door of the tomb, weakly, unsteadily walking outside. He looked at the stone ceiling above him, finally free.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", outside the tomb vampires' house, Harper was walking down a path through the woods, approaching a house, knocking on the door.

The woman that he had seen in the Town Square earlier answered the door. "Pearl, it's Harper."

Pearl, Anna and Cristian approached them.

The woman turned around, walking back into the house.

Pearl looked at Harper. "I'm glad you found us." Harper slowly stepped inside. "Cristian, close the door, please."

Pearl, Harper and Miss Gibbons walked away.

Anna and Cristian were left alone.

Cristian looked at Anna. "Anna, some of these vampires from the tomb want Mystic Falls back. Some want to kill everyone in it for revenge for the tomb. Some, like me, don't care. But are you sure this town can handle this?" 

"They'll have to," Anna told him. "Mama can try to keep them in control, but she can only do so much. We'll deal with what's to come."

Cristian nodded, turning toward the door that led inside the house to the tomb vampires just inside the walls, closing it. 

-~-

Day One

Morning - Tomb Vampires' House - Hallway 

Anna was walking down the stairs, looking at the woman from Town Square in the previous chapter. "Hey, Beth-Anne." Several of the tomb vampires were getting accustomed to the present-day styles. Anna walked into a side room where a TV was. "What are you guys watching? You guys have been watching the same thing the whole time? There are over one hundred and fifty channels. It's called a remote control. This button changes the channel. Hold it like this." 

Anna fixed the control, walking out of the room. 

-

Dining Room 

Cristian was standing in the room, completely dressed as a present-day teenage boy would wear. 

Anna walked closer. "Wow. Looking nice, Cris. I didn't even recognize you." 

Cristian smirked, looking forward.

Anna followed his gaze.

A vampire was sitting at a table, feeding from Miss Gibbons' wrist. 

Miss Gibbons had bite marks all over her body, taking her wrist away. "Did you get enough, sweetheart?" 

"For now," the vampire answered. 

"Cristian, are you hungry?" Miss Gibbons asked. "Did you want a little?" 

"No, thank you, Miss Gibbons," Cristian answered. "Why don't you lie down for a while and get some rest?" 

"She's fine," the vampire told him. Cristian looked at him coldly. The vampire returned the gaze. They obviously didn't like each other. The vampire looked up at Miss Gibbons, compelling her. "Aren't you, Miss Gibbons?" 

"Of course I am," Miss Gibbons answered, under compulsion. "I'm fine." 

Miss Gibbons walked out of the room.

Cristian and the vampire exchanged challenging looks.

Anna watched them cautiously from the door frame. 

The vampire looked smugly at Cristian.

Cristian glared at him.

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

Donovan House - Hallway 

Matt was in the kitchen, placing down a dish on the table. "Hey, Mom." Kelly didn't answer. "Mom?" Matt sighed, walking down the wall, knocking on his mother's room door. "Hey, Mom." 

Matt knocked on the door.

Kelly opened the door. "What? I'm trying to sleep." 

"I was just making sure you're alive," Matt told her.

Kelly sighed. "I'm sorry, sweetie. It was a late night. My head is throbbing."

Kelly closed the door to her room, walking past Matt into the kitchen.

-

Kitchen 

Matt followed his mom. "Yeah, um, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bring the party home. Am I'm pretty sure the neighbors would appreciate it, too." 

"It wasn't a party, it was one guy," Kelly told him. Matt sat down at the table. "Don't be so judgey." 

"Yeah, well, I talked to Roberta at the Grill," Matt told her. Kelly sat down across from him. "And there's still a bartending position open if you want to get a job." 

"Well, I figured she'd still be pissed about the last time I worked there," Kelly told him.

"I think she's desperate," Matt told her. 

"I'll check it out," Kelly told him.

"Yeah?" Matt asked.

"Don't act so surprised," Kelly told him. 

"Well, I mean..." Matt trailed off. "I didn't know how long you planned on sticking around." 

"Well, there's back rent due," Kelly told him.

"There's back everything, Mom," Matt told her. 

"Like I said, I'll check it out," Kelly told him. There was a knock on the door. "Who's that?" 

"It's Caroline," Matt answered. Kelly made a face. "Easy." Kelly raised her eyebrows at him. "Yeah, come in!"

Caroline opened the door, walking in, closing the door behind her. "Hi, Ms. Donovan." 

Kelly smirked bitterly, standing, walking out of the room, leaving.

Matt sighed. "Yeah, okay, well, we're gonna be late." He stood. "So, let's just get going." 

Matt walked closer.

"Yeah," Caroline agreed.

"Hey," Matt told her.

"Hi," Caroline told him. 

"How are you?" Matt asked.

Caroline nodded unconvincingly. "Good." 

They turned, ready to leave.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Hallway

(Song:) Better Than This – Keane

Stefan and Elena were standing at Elena's locker.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me," Stefan told her. "Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down."

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena asked. 

"I don't know," Stefan told her. "He waited a hundred and forty five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean, it's gotta hurt, right?" 

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," Elena told him sarcastically.

"You have every reason to be upset with him," Stefan told her. Elena nodded. "Have you thought any more about what you or Alex are gonna do?" 

"About what?" Elena asked. "Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah. We haven't thought about it at all." 

Stefan smiled slightly at the sarcasm. "I'm sorry I brought it up." 

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it," Elena told him. "No vampire mother or brother."

"No vampires at all?" Stefan asked. 

Elena smiled. "No vampires but you. I just want to get us back to normal stuff, like school, and homework, and here's a thought. Fun." 

"Ooh, that sounds good to me," Stefan told her. "When do we start?" 

They chuckled, walking down the hall.

-

Elsewhere 

Matt and Caroline were walking down the hall. 

"We can watch a movie at my place," Matt told her.

"With your mom and a six pack?" Caroline asked.

"You know, you don't really help the situation," Matt told her. "You could at least try to be nice."

Caroline turned to face him, being sarcastic. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's hard for me to show kindness to people that hate me. I'm not that evolved." They noticed Stefan and Elena down the hall, kissing goodbye, departing. Caroline looked at Matt. "So, a movie tonight?" 

"Whatever you want to do, it's good for me, but I'm late, and I got to go, okay?" Matt asked.

"Okay," Caroline told him, leaning in for a kiss.

Matt didn't notice, walking away, leaving. 

Caroline sighed, slightly disappointed, walking down the hall.

(Song Ends) 

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Living Room 

Pearl was teaching Harper how to use a cell phone. "The keypad is for texting, which is what you do when you want to avoid talking to someone." 

Harper pushed a button. 

Jeremy: (voice mail) "Hey, Anna, it's Jeremy." Harper dropped the phone in surprise, sliding back a little in his chair. "I haven't heard from you in a while..." 

Anna and Cristian walked into the room.

Anna grabbed her phone quickly. 

"I didn't break it, I swear," Harper told her. 

"I was just showing Harper what you taught me," Pearl told her. "What a marvelous device!" 

"Who was that?" Harper asked.

"Jeremy Gilbert," Anna answered. 

Cristian leaned against the table tauntingly. "Is that your boyfriend?" 

"Of course not," Pearl told them seriously, standing, showing them her business dress. "What do you think?" 

"Very respectable," Anna answered.

"That's the goal," Pearl told them. "I can't say that I miss corsets." 

"Susie Sunshine gave me her car keys and her ATM card," Anna told them.

Cristian looked at her in confusion. "What's that?" 

Anna looked as if she had to remind herself that they had been in a tomb for 145 years and wouldn't know any of this. "I'll explain later." 

Anna, Pearl and Cristian turned to leave.

The vampire who had compelled Miss Gibbons stood in their way. "Where are you going?" 

"We have some business in town," Pearl told him. "We'll be back as soon as we can. I trust that you'll keep an eye on things." 

"So I'm the babysitter now?" the vampire asked.

Cristian rolled his eyes, looking away. 

"Fredrick, if this is going to work, we have to cooperate with one another," Pearl told him.

"So you say," the vampire, revealed to be Fredrick, told her. 

Harper stood. "I'll watch things, Miss Pearl." 

Pearl looked at him. "Thank you, Harper." 

Anna and Pearl walked out of the room, leaving. 

Cristian gave Fredrick a look, following them.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Hallway 

Stefan, Elena, Alex and Caroline were talking. 

"I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the Grill, maybe a late movie," Caroline told them.

"You mean, like, a triple date?" Stefan asked.

"Three pair out on a Friday night, coupled," Caroline told them. "Yeah, a triple date." 

"Who's the one I'm going with?" Alex asked.

"Well, who do you think?" Caroline replied. "I haven't really asked anyone if they wanted to go with you yet, but I'm pretty sure that you could think of one." 

Alex rolled her eyes, tilting her head. "You really are rooting for me and Tyler, aren't you?" 

Caroline smiled. "Can't blame me." 

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asked. 

"Why not?" Caroline asked. "We all haven't gone out together before, and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look, the couple dynamics have changed, and there's been a little awkwardness between Stefan, Elena, Matt and me, and I want us to get past this." She looked at Alex. "And this could be a change for you and Tyler to get past the whole in-between stage of being friends, to being, you know, whatever you guys want to be." 

"I don't know, Caroline," Alex told her.

"I think it's a great idea," Stefan told them.

Alex and Elena spoke together. "You do?"

"Yeah," Stefan answered. 'A night out with friends. It sounds fun." He gave Elena a significant look. "As in, fun." 

"Seriously?" Alex asked.

Stefan smiled slightly. 

Elena ignored Alex, looking at Caroline. "A triple date it is." 

"Okay," Caroline told them in relief. She looked at Alex significantly. "So we will see you, and Tyler, tonight." 

Alex opened her mouth to argue. 

Caroline walked away.

Alex groaned.

Elena smiled. "Okay."

Alex turned to face Stefan and Elena. "Seriously?" 

Stefan and Elena smiled, walking away. 

Alex sighed, leaning against the locker behind her, crossing her arms over her chest. She looked down the hall.

Tyler was closing his locker, walking down the hall, noticing that Alex was looking at him, smiling a small smile. 

Alex watched him walk away, considering what to do. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Damon and Kaylin walked into the room.

Anna, Cristian and Pearl were waiting for them.

Cristian didn't have to look at them to know they were there. "Hello, Damon. Hello, Kaylin." 

Kaylin looked at her former best friend in surprise. "Cristian." Cristian smirked, turning to face her. They both smiled slightly. Kaylin looked from Pearl to Cristian. "I think I like you two better in modern wear." She sat down. "But you three ever hear of knocking?" 

"An invitation wasn't necessary," Pearl told them. "I'm surprised no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brothers?" 

Kaylin scoffed. "No. Our human niece Nicola, but Damon burned the deed so she wouldn't lock him out after he killed her dad." 

"Wow," Anna told her. "How do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" 

"We kill them," Damon answered, rushing toward Cristian, gripping his throat. 

Kaylin watched them calmly. 

Cristian was unfazed, prying Damon's hand away, pushing him onto the couch next to Kaylin. "Have a seat, Damon."

Kaylin smirked, slightly amused.

Pearl turned to face them. "I was hoping we could have a word."

Kaylin gestured for them to go on. "Sure." 

-

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy was on his computer, chatting on a vampires' website called: The Lair: Vampire Lovers Only.

Jeremy's user name was vampjer

VampjerHow do you become a vampire? 

Bloodybecky: Brad Pitt changed me.

FANG69: go to vegas. ask for wayne newton. 

Jeremy typed in a new message.

Vampjer: how do you kill a vampire? 

USUCK14: the blood of Paula Abdul. 

Jeremy scoffed. "Freak." 

Jeremy typed in a new message.

Vampjer: Serious answers only please.

Bloodybecky: stake in the heart always works. 

Jeremy looked at the screen in confusion, typing in a new message.

Vampjer: you're a believer?

Bloodybecky: aren't you? 

Jeremy considered this.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Pearl looked at Kaylin and Damon. "We've taken up residence at a farm house just outside the town. I'll suffice for now."

"All 26 vampires?" Kaylin asked.

"Not all, some," Pearl answered. "I imagine that a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods, or, like us, acclimating." 

Kaylin looked from Pearl to Anna to Cristian in complete confusion and exasperation. "How did they get out of the tomb?" 

"I think the witch screwed up that part of her hocus pocus," Anna told them.

Kaylin looked at Anna, nodding sarcastically. 

Pearl looked at Damon. "I understand from Anna that the Founding Families still have a secret Council."

Cristian looked at Damon. "And you're a part of it." 

Kaylin looked between them in sly silence. 

"That's ridiculous," Damon told them.

"I've been in Mystic Falls since the comet, Damon," Anna told him. "I'm up to speed." 

"And so are we," Pearl told them. "And now that you've infiltrated the Council, I'll need to know everything they know. Starting with a list of all the Council names and families." 

"And everyone you've supplied with the vervain that you keep stealing from Nicola," Anna told him.

Damon glared at Anna.

Kaylin looked at Damon incredulously. "Seriously?" 

"Yes, that will have to stop immediately," Pearl told him.

"I, for once, agree on them with this subject, but I don't care about the damn Council," Kaylin told him. "Stop stealing vervain from Nikki. She needs it more than they do if the tomb vamps are really looking for revenge. They'll go after her knowing that it's worse than what they can do to us." 

"Fine," Damon told her. He looked at Pearl, Anna and Cristian. "But what exactly are you three trying to achieve?" 

"Mystic Falls is our home," Pearl told them. "They took that from us. Our land, our home. It's time we rebuild." She looked at Kaylin. "And, yes, while some of us want revenge, it's not us. And I can assure you that we will do everything we can to make sure that the others don't take it. Nicola will be safe. I promise." 

"What, are you crazy?" Kaylin asked. "It was 1864. Wake up, woman! The world has moved on. Aside from your little vampire book club, of course, who have been suffering for the last 145 years. They're not gonna stop coming after this family just because you tell them to. So, no, Nikki is not safe. Unless you learn how to put your vamps on a leash." 

"And we will," Pearl told her. She looked at Damon. "And as a reward for your help, I'm willing to give you want you want most." 

"I want nothing," Damon told them.

"Katherine," Pearl told him.

Damon hesitated, considering this. "You wouldn't even know where she was. You and your little nephew Cristian over there have been under the ground for the last century and a half."

Cristian raised his eyebrows at Damon for the mention of him. 

"Katherine and I were best friends long before we came to Mystic Falls, Damon," Pearl told him. "I know how she thinks, I know her patterns, I know where to find her." 

"I no longer have any desire to see Katherine ever again," Damon told them. "And there's no way in hell I'm gonna play the role of your little minion." 

Damon stood.

Pearl rushed to stand, pushing Damon back onto the couch. "I'm not asking for your help, Damon. Finding Katherine was just a mere gesture of kindness. The rest is non-negotiable."

Pearl transformed, using her fingers to gouge Damon's eyes.

Kaylin stood quickly.

Pearl was faster, pushing Damon to the floor.

Kaylin looked at Pearl angrily. "Okay, out. Everybody, out." 

Pearl turned to face Kaylin. "I have four hundred years on you, little girl. I'll rip you limb from limb without even blinking, and you know it." 

"Then you won't get Damon's help, will you?" Kaylin replied. 

Pearl didn't answer. "I'll be in touch." 

Pearl walked past Kaylin, toward the door.

Kaylin turned to look at Anna and Cristian.

Anna avoided Kaylin's gaze, following after Pearl quickly.

Cristian looked regretful, walking away.

Kaylin realized that he hadn't wanted that to happen, watching him go. She turned to Damon, kneeling next to him. "You okay?" 

Damon covered his bleeding, healing eyes without answering. 

-

Outside 

Pearl, Anna and Cristian walked out of the house. 

Nicola walked closer, fumbling with her keys, looking up, stopping when she saw them. She glared at Anna. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Not for you, promise," Anna told her. 

"Well, excuse me if I don't find that very comforting, being you kidnapped me to get to Stefan, Damon and Kaylin so you could get them, out of the tomb," Nicola told her, nodding to Pearl and Cristian when saying the word 'them'. 

Cristian looked at her in understanding. "You must be Nicola." 

"Hmm, yeah," Nicola answered. "And while I live here and you don't--" She looked over them, nodding for them to leave. "Get out of my house, and off my property." 

Cristian smirked with amusement.

Pearl raised her eyebrows at Nicola. 

Anna seemed to expect this response.

Nicola pushed past them to get to the front door, opening it, walking inside, closing the door behind her.

Cristian, Pearl and Anna exchanged a look, walking forward to leave. 

-

Inside - Living Room 

Damon's eyes were no longer bleeding, still lying on the floor.

Kaylin walked back into the room, handing Damon a glass of alcohol and a towel. "Here. Get all that blood off and wash away all of your sorrows." 

Damon sat up, taking the glass and towel, groaning in pain. "Ah, thanks, Kaylin." 

Nicola walked into the room, dropping her bag to the floor, looking at Damon. "What the hell happened to you?" 

Kaylin and Damon looked at Nicola, but didn't answer. 

-~-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex sat on her bed, looking as if she didn't know what to do. She glanced over to her phone on he night stand, looking away, being too stubborn to pick the phone up and dial a number. She looked confused, shaking her head. "What is wrong with me?" 

Alex grabbed the phone, looking at the picture of Tyler and Alex during the '50s Decade Dance from chapter 12, both smiling, having a good time. She smiled, reassured, going to contacts, picking one, putting it to her ear, sighing, waiting. 

Tyler's voice was on the other line. "Hello?" 

"Hey, Tyler," Alex told him. "I'm sorry about what happened at the dance, when I just bailed. I'm really sorry." 

Tyler was standing in the Lockwood Mansion, in the foyer. "What happened?" 

"I had gotten hurt, and Elena had to take me home," Alex told him. "I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you why I left, and why I didn't say goodbye, especially after what an amazing night that was before I did--Or didn't, I should say." Tyler smiled a small smile. Alex sighed. "I suck." 

Tyler chuckled. "No problem, Alex. It's all fine." Alex sighed in relief. "I guess this isn't a random call, though." 

Alex scoffed lightly. "You heard about Caroline's triple date." 

"Yep," Tyler answered, popping the 'P'. "So, Alex Gilbert, is this you asking me out on our third date?" 

Alex sighed, smiling. "You know, you don't have to tease me or taunt me. That's what's making this really not easy right now." 

"Well, where's the fun in that?" Tyler asked. 

They chuckled. 

"How about you come pick me up around 7:00, and then we could meet everyone else at the Grill?" Alex suggested.

"Okay," Tyler told her, chuckling. "See you soon." 

"Good," Alex told him, smiling, biting her lip.

"Bye," Tyler told her.

"Bye," Alex told him, hanging up, nodding to herself.

After a moment, Alex stood, getting ready. 

-

Downstairs - Kitchen

Elena was ready for her date, grabbing her jacket, phone and wallet.

Stefan walked in, holding yellow flowers.

Elena looked at him, smiling. "You got me flowers." 

"You know, I would have driven, but you're the one with the car," Stefan told her. 

"You know, you think that for someone who was around when the car was invented, you would have one," Elena replied, walking toward the cabinets.

"Oh, I have one," Stefan told her. "I just never drive it." 

Elena pulled out a glass vase for the flower, closing the cabinet. "You know, it's not too late to cancel."

"Why would we do that?" Stefan asked. 

Elena turned on the tap, filling the vase with water half way, turning it off, turning to face Stefan. "I don't know." She put the flowers into the vase. "It just seems surreal. Like, maybe we weren't meant to get to the normal part." 

"That's exactly why we're going to do it," Stefan told her, taking the flowers from Elena, setting them onto the island. "We're going to go out, have some fun, and try to remember that we don't have to be so serious. Listen, when I decided to stay here and to get to know you, it was so that I could do things like this. Bring my girlfriend flowers, that her out on a date, and try to be normal." 

"Have you ever even been on a triple date before?" Elena asked.

"No, not triple," Stefan answered. "But double? Oh, absolutely. '72, Hef and the twins." 

"What?" Elena asked.

"Yeah," Stefan answered. "Playmates. I got Miss June." 

"Are you serious?" Elena asked. 

Stefan smiled, leading her toward the door. 

-

Apothecary - Outside 

Jenna was leaning against the door to the building, reading a book as she waited.

Cristian, Anna and Pearl approached her. 

"Miss Sommers?" Pearl asked.

Jenna turned toward them. "Yes. Hi, Pearl." 

"Hi," Pearl told her. "This is my nephew, Cristian, and my daughter, Annabelle." 

"Of course," Jenna told her. "Jeremy and Liv's friend." 

"Nice to see you, Miss Sommers," Anna told her.

"Oh, Jenna, please," Jenna told them. "This property was in my brother in law's family for generations. It's one of the original structures in Mystic Falls. It used to be one of those old fashioned drugstore thingies."

 "An apothecary?" Pearl asked.

"Yeah," Jenna answered.

"You don't say," Pearl told her. 

Cristian looked away in boredom, looking at something in the distance. 

Liv was walking on the sidewalk across the street, listening to music through large headphones. 

"Sorry if it's a little musty," Jenna told them. Liv noticed Cristian across the street, smiling a small smile.  "No one has been here for months." 

"I'll use my imagination," Pearl told her.

Cristian was still watching Liv. 

Anna noticed his distraction. "Cris?" 

Cristian looked at them. "I'm coming." 

Jenna held the door open for them.

Cristian, Anna and Pearl walked inside. 

-

Gilbert House - Foyer 

There was a knock on the door.

Alex was ready for her date, opening the door to reveal Tyler with a red rose. She smiled, taking the rose, smelling it. "Really?" 

"Well, it's a date, right?" Tyler asked. "Figured I'd do it right." 

Alex tilted her head at him, unconvinced yet amused. "Seriously?" 

Tyler nodded. "And maybe I decided that it was time for a change, since I haven't really been a good guy in the past. Especially to Vicki before she left town." Alex smelled the rose again to hide her reaction. "I was a real jerk to her, and I feel bad for it. So, I'll try to change that part, not going to be such a..." 

"A dick?" Alex suggested. 

Tyler nodded. "Yeah. 'Cause if I was being that way toward you, we both know Kacie would kick my ass." 

"And then kick mine for trusting you and doubting her," Alex told him.

They smiled, looking at each other for a long moment.

"Are you ready?" Tyler asked.

Alex nodded, grabbing her jacket from the coat rack next to her. "Yeah." Tyler took it, wrapping it around Alex. Alex smiled. "Thanks." 

"Fresh start, remember?" Tyler asked. "Time to be someone... or something new." 

Alex smiled, turning to face him, pulling her hair out of the collar of the jacket. "Don't you know that people are supposed to make resolutions on New Year's?" 

Tyler smiled, taking her hand. "Let's go." 

Alex let him lead her out of the house, closing the door behind her. 

-

Night - The Grill 

(Song:) Cloudhead – In-Flight Safety

Kelly was sitting at the bar.

Damon sat down next to her, wearing sunglasses.

"What's with the glasses inside?" Kelly asked.

Damon took the glasses off. "My eyes were a little sensitive today." 

"You're new around here," Kelly told him. 

"On the contrary, I'm very old," Damon told her. He looked at the bartender. "Bourbon, neat." 

"I haven't been gone that long," Kelly told him. "I would remember someone who looked like you." 

"Yeah," Damon agreed. "Where did you go?" 

"Around, about," Kelly answered. "Something happened two years ago that I couldn't shake while I was at home, so I took off." 

"I've been there," Damon told her.

"I love to see a man drown his sorrows," Kelly told him. "It's so sexy." 

"It's more like nursing my wounds," Damon told her. "And you?" 

"I was supposed to be interviewing for the bartender job, but I think the manager blew me off," Kelly told him.

"Well, that's not very nice," Damon told her.

"Yeah," Kelly told him. "Last time I was in town, I slept with her boyfriend." 

"That's not very nice, either," Damon told her.

Kelly shrugged. "It happens." 

"Yes, it does," Damon agreed.

Jenna approached them. "Kelly? Kelly Donovan." 

Kelly smiled, standing. "Jen!" 

They both smiled, laughing, wrapping their arms around each other.

Jenna pulled away. "I heard you were back in town." She looked at Damon. "She used to babysit me."

"And then I used to party with her," Kelly added.

"This woman is crazy," Jenna told him. 

"Not as crazy as you," Kelly told her.

"I'm not anymore," Jenna told her.

"Well, sit, drink," Kelly told her, sitting down. 

"I shouldn't," Jenna told them. "I'm more responsible now. Haven't you heard?" 

"Well, take a night off," Kelly told her. "It's good for the soul."

"Great for the soul," Damon agreed. 

The bartender poured three shots. 

Jenna sat down on the other side of Kelly. "Oh, well. This is not going to end well."

"Can't wait," Damon told them. 

Damon, Kelly and Jenna clinked their shot glasses, drinking. 

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Living Room 

Beth-Anne and Fredrick were sitting together on a couch.

"I hate this house," Fredrick told her.

"It's better than the tomb," Beth-Anne told him. 

"I didn't stay locked up for a 145 years to end up locked here," Fredrick told them.

Harper was sitting in a nearby chair. "Maybe you should quit complaining." 

Fredrick stood, walking toward Harper. "You're going to stop me?" 

"Let it be, Fredrick," Beth-Anne told him. "You heard what Pearl said." 

"I don't care what Pearl said," Fredrick told her. He looked at Harper. "What you got, boy?" Harper rushed to stand angrily, pushing him onto the couch next to Beth-Anne. Fredrick rushed to stand, pushing Harper into the wall behind him. "Try that again." 

Pearl appeared next to them, gripping Fredrick's throat. "Back off. Back off!" Fredrick let go of Harper, backing away, holding his neck. "We don't fight each other. Those are the rules." 

"And I'm tired of your rules," Fredrick told her. "I want out of this house. Why can't we got out on the town?" 

"Eventually," Pearl told him. "But now, we have to keep a low profile." 

"No one knows who I am," Fredrick told her.

"The Salvatores do," Pearl told him.

"And I wish to hell that I could run into them," Fredrick told her. "They are the reason we were caught in the first place." 

"Stefan, Kaylin and Damon are not the only Salvatores in this town," Pearl told him. "They have a descendant. She's human. Nicola. I told them I would let nothing hurt her or them. I promised. And I intend on keeping that promise." 

Fredrick glared at her. 

Pearl remained calm.

-

The Grill

(Song:) The Ocean – Tegan & Sara

Stefan, Matt, and Tyler sat on one side of a table. Elena, Caroline and Alex sat on the other.

"So, Matt, how do you like working here?" Alex asked.

"It's not that bad," Matt answered. "Wait staff is pretty good, and they can't keep a bartender to save their lives. I actually put my mom up for a job." 

"How has that been?" Elena asked. "Having Kelly back?" 

"You know, same old Kelly," Matt answered. "She's trying, sort of." 

Elena looked at Stefan. "Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up. That's how Matt and I met, we shared a crib together."

"You're kidding," Stefan told her.

"No," Matt answered. "We have known each other our whole lives." 

Matt and Elena looked at each other.

Caroline sighed. 

Suddenly, they heard laughter coming from the bar. They all turned to look.

"Oh, my God," Alex told them, scoffing.

Jenna, Kelly and Damon were at the bar, taking shots, drunk. 

Damon had heard Alex, looking toward them, raising a shot glass as a toast, drinking.

"You got to be kidding me," Matt told them. 

Alex looked from Elena to Matt, scoffing, shaking her head, looking down. 

-

Elsewhere 

Liv was sitting alone at her own table, eating, hearing Damon, Kelly and Jenna at the bar.

"Whoo," Kelly told her. "Little Jen." 

"It's big Jen now," Jenna told her.

Liv looked toward them, laughing quietly, shaking her head, grabbing one of her fries, dipping it in her ketchup, plopping it into her mouth, eating. 

She heard Cristian's voice. "You know them?". 

Liv looked at Cristian, recognizing him from the street earlier, having to think about the question. "Uh, yeah." She looked at the bar. "The one on the right's my aunt. The guy is my oldest sister's boyfriend's brother. And the brunette is her ex-boyfriend's mom, slash my ex-best friend's aunt." 

Cristian chuckled. "Looks like I missed the introduction to that book." 

"And everything between," Liv agreed. "Uh, you wanna sit?" 

Cristian looked at Damon for a moment, turning to Liv. "Sure." 

Cristian sat down across from her.

Liv noticed the way that he had looked at Damon. "You know him or something?" 

"Who?" Cristian asked. "Damon?" Liv nodded. "Yeah. I met Damon, his brother and his sister way back."

"Stefan and Kaylin," Liv told him, taking a drink.

Cristian nodded, wondering how she knew about them. "Yeah." Liv placed her drink onto the table. Cristian smiled. "Mind telling me your name?" 

Liv leaned forward against the table. "Hmm... can't do that." 

"Why not?" Cristian asked. 

"'Cause I don't know yours," Liv answered, nodding to him. "You first." 

Cristian smiled, slightly impressed at how she had handled that. "Cristian." 

Liv smiled. "Liv." 

(Song Ends) 

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Outside 

Fredrick and Beth-Anne were walking out of the house. 

Another vampire walked closer. "Where are you going?" 

"Beth-Anne and I are going out for a bit," Fredrick answered. "Hit the town, kick up our heels. Maybe feed, maybe gain some revenge over the Salvatores. You interested, Billy?" The vampire, Billy, looked tempted. Fredrick smirked as if he already knew the answer. "I thought so." 

Beth-Anne, Fredrick and Billy walked out of the house, closing the door behind them.

-~-

Gilbert House - Foyer 

There was a knock on the door.

Jeremy walked downstairs, opening the door. "Anna?" 

"Surprised?" Anna asked. 

"I thought you and your family were leaving town," Jeremy told her. 

"Change of plans," Anna told him. "Sorry. I thought you'd be psyched."

"No, no, no," Jeremy told her. "I mean... I am. Of course I am." 

"All right then, step aside," Anna told him.

Jeremy stepped aside, allowing Anna inside, closing the door behind him, following her. 

-

The Grill - Bar 

(Song:) Cross My Heart – Marianas Trench

Damon, Kelly and Jenna were still here. 

Jenna looked at Damon. "Don't be grumpy. It can't be that bad." 

"You'd be surprised," Damon told them. "My primary reason for existence has abandoned me and after today's events, the remains of the shaky ground that I walk on are about to go 'kaboom'." Jenna looked at him sympathetically. Damon looked at them. "Let's get hammered."

"Let's," Kelly agreed. They clinked their glasses, drinking. "Whoo!" 

-

Elsewhere 

Caroline, Matt, Elena, Stefan, Alex and Tyler were standing together at a pool table, playing. 

"Well, at least they're having fun," Alex told them. 

"They're drunk," Elena told them. 

"Remember when Alex and Elena's parents busted us here after Homecoming?" Tyler asked.

"Oh, my God," Caroline told them happily. Alex laughed. "Yes!" 

Alex smiled, looking at Stefan as they explained what happened that night to him. "Kacie, Bonnie and Eliza were there, too. We were all wasted. It was the first time I'd ever got drunk." 

"And I blamed Matt," Elena told him.

"Their parents got seated at the next booth," Matt told him.

"Uh, and Kacie had me pretend that I was choking so we could get away," Elena told him.

"Except, our dad was a doctor, and he jumped up to save her," Alex told him.

"And I ran, and slipped on the wet floor, and bit it, in front of everyone," Elena told him. "Remember that?" Caroline was no longer happy. "Three stitches, a hangover for days." Elena looked at Matt. "And I was grounded from seeing this one for a week." 

Caroline smiled. "I'm going to go to the restroom." She walked around Matt. "Elena?" 

Elena looked at the others, following Caroline away.

Stefan looked at Alex. "When did you meet Tyler?" 

"Whenever Kacie and I started being best friends," Alex answered, smiling. "Kacie and I shared the same preschool, she started kindergarten before me, and..." 

"If you were a grade behind them then, then why are you in the same grade as us now?" Stefan asked.

"Oh, I was grounded for the most of a year, and I got a lot of things done, because my parents wouldn't let me do anything else," Alex answered. "They would get me more assignments every time I finished one, and when I was just a little behind Elena and everyone else, the school let me skip a grade. For most of my life, though, I was in the same grade as Jeremy and Eliza." 

Stefan nodded in understanding. 

"So when did you guys first start going out?" Matt asked teasingly.

Tyler and Alex looked at each other. "What did you say?" 

They laughed. 

Tyler looked at Matt, giving him a look. "I'm not even sure we're that far." 

"Not yet," Alex told them.

Tyler noticed that, smiling.

Alex pretended as if she hadn't said anything, taking her next shot, smiling a small, hidden smile.

-

Bar 

Jenna looked behind them, noticing the group at the pool tables and Liv and Cristian at their table. She looked at Kelly. "Quick, hide. We're not here." 

"Why?" Kelly asked. "Where'd we go?" 

"Children under our care," Jenna answered. "Five o'clock at the pool tables, and seven o'clock at a table. This is not good." 

Kelly turned her head, seeing Matt, Stefan, Alex and Tyler. She turned her head to the other direction to see Liv and Cristian. "Damn!" 

-

Elsewhere 

Liv and Cristian were still sitting at their table, talking. 

Liv had noticed Kelly and Jenna trying to hide, smiling, looking down, noticing Cristian's daylight ring on his right hand with a 'C' carved into the stone. "Nice ring." 

"Oh, thank you," Cristian told her, looking at the ring. "Yeah, my aunt gave it to me when I was younger." 

"I can guess what the 'C' stands for, Cristian," Liv told him. "What's the stone? Is it a birth stone?"

"Uh, no," Cristian answered. "It's called 'lapis lazuli'." 

Cristian looked at Liv curiously. 

"So you new to town?" Liv asked.

"What makes you think I'm new?" Cristian asked, smirking a small smirk.

"Because I've never seen you around," Liv answered. 

"Well, I'm coming back to it," Cristian told her.

"Oh," Liv told him. "Returnee." 

Cristian looked to the side, nodding once, amused. "Something like that."

Liv didn't understand what he meant. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Gilbert House - Living Room 

Jeremy and Anna were playing a racing game.

"What made you, your mom and Cristian decide to stay in town?" Jeremy asked.

"Mom got this business opportunity," Anna answered. "She's going to open up a little store. It has always been her dream. And Cristian, he just likes Mystic Falls. He hasn't seen too much of it, but from what he knows, he likes. And so do I. So, yeah, we're staying. And I'm thinking about going back to high school, so you'll be seeing a lot more of me." 

"Oh, yeah?" Jeremy asked. 

"Enough of home schooling," Anna told him. "I'd like to be a normal teen for once. But I have to ask my mom first. She'll have an opinion." 

"Well, I wish you were there now," Jeremy told her. "I actually have to write another paper. I was thinking about squeezing one more out on the vampires in Mystic Falls." 

Anna looked at him cautiously. "Really? Haven't you, Li and Kacie exhausted the subject?" 

"No," Jeremy told her. "I want to go deeper, you know. I want to understand why people were labeled as vampires back in the day. I mean, maybe there's such a thing as vampires. They're just different from the way we always thought they were." 

"What do you mean?" Anna asked. 

"Well, maybe they're normal and good, just outsiders, you know?" Jeremy asked. "Um, misunderstood."

"You're kidding, right?" Anna asked. 

"Don't you think it could be possible?" Jeremy asked. "You did give me, Liv and Kacie all that info."

"Jeremy, I made it up, okay?" Anna asked. "You were all cute and floppy, and I wanted to make a good impression. Besides, Liv and Kacie seemed like pretty cool girls, so I became friends with them, and I'm glad that I did. So, that is why I did what I did." 

Jeremy nodded, unconvinced.

-

The Grill - Pool Tables 

(Song:) Perfect Day – The Constellations

Stefan leaned down, taking another shot, making it.

"Is there anything you're not good at?" Matt asked.

Stefan nodded. "Triple dating." Matt chuckled, leaning down, taking a shot. "It's all very new to me." 

Alex smiled.

"Yeah, not the easiest thing in the world," Tyler told them.

"I usually keep to myself, not really fitting in," Stefan told them. 

"That's because your that guy," Tyler told him. 

Alex looked at him in confusion. "What guy?" 

"The guy who seems like he has everything," Tyler answered. "So people who don't run the other way. Trust me, I know." 

"Is that what I seem like?" Stefan asked.

Tyler and Matt spoke together. "Pretty much."

Tyler leaned down, taking a shot. 

"Hmm," Stefan told them. "What a dick." 

Tyler stood straight. "Yeah." 

Alex shook her head, leaning down to take a shot, making it bounce off the side, going into the second pocket. She smiled, satisfied with the goal. 

-

Bathroom

Elena washed her hands.

Caroline was standing in the doorway behind her. "So, um, what are you doing?" 

"What?" Elena asked.

"Well, the point of this was to show him how much you care about Stefan," Caroline told her. "You know, not to hopscotch down Memory Lane." 

"I was just trying to make conversation," Elena told her. 

"Try less," Caroline told her, turning around, walking out of the room.

Elena followed her. 

(Song Ends)

-

Main Room

Elena continued to follow. "Caroline." 

Beth-Anne, Fredrick and Billy stood nearby, seeing Elena.

Billy her arm to stop her. "Katherine?" 

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong person," Elena told him. 

Caroline was waiting for Elena. "Elena, come on." 

Billy let go of Elena. "My mistake." 

Elena smiled nervously, walking away with Caroline.

Beth-Anne, Fredrick and Billy watched them, seeing Stefan standing among the group. 

-

Elsewhere 

Cristian was still sitting with Liv, noticing what had just happened.

Liv noticed he was looking behind her, turning her head to follow his gaze. She looked at Cristian's confused expression. "My sister's boyfriend. I thought you said you knew Stefan, Kaylin and Damon." 

"I did, Liv," Cristian told her, compelling her. "What do you know about Katherine and the Salvatores?" 

Liv looked at him weirdly. "You okay?" 

Cristian blinked in surprise. "Uh, yeah. Something's in my eye." He rubbed his eyes slightly, looking down at her vervain locket that Alex and Elena had given her, realizing that it contained vervain, nodding to it. "That's nice, Liv. Where'd you get it?" 

"My sisters," Liv answered, looking toward Alex and Elena.

"Katherine?" Cristian asked. "Who's the other?" 

Liv looked at Cristian in confusion. "No. Alex and Elena." 

"Oh," Cristian told her. "They just... They just look like someone I know." 

Liv nodded once, looking to the side.

Cristian looked at her and the others curiously. 

-

Pool Tables 

Caroline and Elena walked toward the others. 

"How's everything going?" Elena asked.

"Tyler's cheating," Matt told them.

Alex chuckled.

"No need," Tyler told them. "I'm awesome." 

Alex scoffed. "Who you trying to fool?" 

Tyler looked at her, smiling.

Alex laughed lightly. 

From further away, Beth-Anne, Fredrick and Billy were watching them.

"Stefan Salvatore," Fredrick told them.

Elena pulled out her phone, typing expressionlessly.

"Everything okay?" Stefan asked.

Elena nodded. "Everything's great." 

Elena showed Stefan the text.

Stefan looked in the direction Beth-Anne, Fredrick and Billy had been, walking closer, but they had disappeared.

Alex stepped closer to Elena. "What's going on?" 

Elena shook her head, glancing toward Tyler, Caroline and Matt, showing her the text. "Nothing." 

Alex read the text.

That man over there just called me Katherine. 

Alex looked at Elena in confusion and alarm.

Elena nodded.

Elena and Alex looked toward Stefan.

Stefan continued to look for the vampires.

They had disappeared.

-~-

Forbes House - Eliza's Room

(Song:) Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men  

Eliza was lying on her stomach on her bed, flipping through a scrapbook with pictures, on the phone.

Bonnie's voice was on the other line. "Eliza, where's Caroline?" 

"On her triple date with Matt, Stefan, Elena, Tyler and Alex," Eliza answered. "Speaking of, have you talked to them?" 

"No," Bonnie answered. She was sitting in an unknown room, on the bed. "Just you and Caroline." 

Eliza stopped going through the pages, looking up. "Why? Is everything okay with you and Alex and Elena?"

"Yeah," Bonnie told her. "Everything's fine." Eliza seemed to know that Bonnie was lying. "I gotta go."

Eliza sounded distracted. "Okay." She perked up. "Come home soon!" 

Bonnie smiled sadly. "Soon, Eliza." 

They both hung up, sad. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside - Elena's Car 

Elena parked her car, talking to Stefan.

"So, you didn't recognize him?" Stefan asked. "You haven't seen him before?" 

"No," Elena answered. "There was nothing familiar about him at all. But he was standing with two others. A guy and a girl." 

"Right," Stefan told him. "Let's call it a night, okay? Send Matt, Caroline, Alex and Tyler home?" 

"No, the whole point of the night was to not have to deal with this stuff," Elena told him. "We need to get through one night. One normal night." 

"You're sure?" Stefan asked. 

"No, I'm not sure," Elena answered. "But I don't know what else to do. Look, if there's other vampires in town, they'll still be here tomorrow. We'll deal with it tomorrow."

"Okay," Stefan told her. Matt and Caroline arrived. Matt parked his truck. "It's Matt and Caroline. Tyler and Alex should be here soon. Come here." 

Stefan kissed Elena. 

-

Outside

Stefan and Elena got out of the car, joining Matt and Caroline, walking inside.

Tyler had already parked his car in the driveway further down the way. 

Alex and Tyler walked down a brick way toward the house. 

"So, how'd that go?" Tyler asked. "Did I do good my first day of not being a dick?" 

Alex smiled, nodding. "You did okay." Tyler smiled. "You know, you're going to have a few slip up days, right? I mean, you are Tyler Lockwood. You can't just change over night." 

Tyler nodded. "I know that. Just hope they're not anytime soon." 

Alex smiled, taking his hand, leading him inside. 

-

Inside - Living Room 

Kaylin and Nicola were sitting on opposite couches, facing each other. 

Stefan, Elena, Tyler, Alex, Matt and Caroline walked in. 

Kaylin and Nicola looked toward them. 

"This is much better than watching Damon visit Cougar Town," Caroline told them. She looked at Matt. "No offense." 

"Don't remind me," Matt told her.

Kaylin smiled awkwardly, standing. 

"Oh, hey, Kaylin," Caroline told her awkwardly. "I didn't know you were here." 

Elena looked at Stefan.

Tyler pressed his lips together. 

Alex scratched her head.

Caroline looked regretful and a little guilty.

Matt looked confused as to what the big deal was, due to Kaylin's compulsion. 

"Hey, guys," Kaylin told them. "I'm crashing the party. I'll be anywhere else rather than here." 

Kaylin walked past them, pushing past Stefan as she did, leaving the room.

Stefan sighed, as if he was realizing just now it was a bad idea to bring them here. 

Nicola stood, starting to follow Kaylin, looking at Stefan. "Nice going, Stefan." 

Nicola followed Kaylin.

-

Library 

Kaylin poured herself a drink.

Nicola walked into the room from behind her. "Kaylin..."

Kaylin didn't have to look behind her to know she was there, singing her words lightly. "Don't wanna talk about it." 

"You're the one that compelled him to move on because you were worried about his safety," Nicola told her. 

"Yeah, Nikki, I know that," Kaylin told her with honest sarcasm, turning to face Nicola. "I was the one who was actually there. I'm also the one that regrets ever liking him enough to bring him into it. That will never happen again, and that is why I compelled him to forget. I will never let myself fall for another person who can't be able to protect themselves against the tragic story that is my life." 

Kaylin sighed, falling back onto the couch behind her. 

Nicola walked closer slowly. "Well..." She fell back onto the couch across from Kaylin. "Too late now." 

Kaylin nodded. "Yep." 

Nicola smirked slightly, shaking her head. 

-

Living Room 

The triple date was still there. There was a long awkward silence.

Matt walked forward, breaking the silence. "Man, I always wanted to see what it looked like in this place."

Tyler chuckled. "I think it rivals my house." 

"Yeah," Stefan agreed. "I guess it's a bit much." 

"Yeah, my entire house could fit in here, like, twice," Matt told them.

Caroline walked down the steps. "I feel like I've been in here before. It's weird." 

Elena stood next to Caroline. "Do you guys want to watch a movie or something?" 

"Wow, these are great," Matt told them, walking over to Stefan's miniature car collection.

"Oh, it's just a little hobby of mine," Stefan told them.

"I've got the entire Mustang series," Matt told him. 

"You like cars?" Stefan asked.

Tyler scoffed. "That would be an understatement. He's obsessed." 

Stefan nodded thoughtfully. "Come with me." 

-

The Grill - Bar

(Song:) Crash Land – In-Flight Safety 

Damon was playing with a cherry. "So, the thing about cherries, you have to..." Kelly put a finger to Damon's lips. She put a cherry in her mouth. "Oh, my goodness." Damon kissed Kelly, taking the cherry out. "That's amazing. You were fast." 

"That's would be my cue," Jenna told them.

Kelly spoke to Jenna, but looked at Damon. "You're giving up already?" 

"Oh, yeah," Jenna answered, standing, walking away. "See you guys." She walked past the table where Cristian and Liv were sitting, whispering into Liv's ear as she went. "I will see you at home, Little Liv." 

"You're probably so drunk you'll pass out as soon as you get to the house," Liv told her. "You won't even notice I'm gone." 

Jenna gave her a look, noticing Cristian, stopping when she recognized him. "I know you. Cristian. You're Pearl's nephew." Cristian raised his eyebrows slightly as an answer. Jenna looked at Liv. "Have fun with Anna's cousin." 

Jenna walked away, leaving.

Fredrick, Beth-Anne and Billy were across the bar, having been watching them. 

Liv looked at Cristian curiously. "Anna's your cousin?" 

Cristian nodded. "Mm-hmm. She and my aunt Pearl are all I have. How do you know Anna?" 

"She's my brother's friend," Liv answered.

"Jeremy?" Cristian guessed.

"Yeah," Liv answered. "Crazy, right?" 

Cristian nodded. "Small world." 

Liv smiled. "Okay, Cristian, I don't know what it is about you, but you've got that whole old soul thing going." 

"Is that right?" Cristian asked. Liv nodded. "Well, I've just lived for what feels a long time and been to too many places to count." 

Liv chuckled softly. "Yeah. Okay. You don't look that much older than me." 

Cristian smirked at the irony. "Looks can be deceiving, Liv."

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Garage 

Stefan, Matt and Tyler led the way into the garage, opening the door and turning on the lights.

Elena, Caroline and Alex followed. 

Stefan looked at Matt. "Prepare yourself, my friend." 

Stefan lifted the cover off of a car, revealing it to be an antique red car.

"Whoa, wait," Matt told him. "How do you have this?" 

"Got passed down through the family," Stefan told them. Alex smirked, rolling her eyes. "Nicola didn't want it, so Nikki said I could have it." 

"Why don't you drive it?" Matt asked.

"It doesn't run," Stefan answered. "And it's not like I can figure it out." 

"Why would you keep a car that doesn't run?" Caroline asked. 

"Can you be more of a girl right now?" Tyler asked. Caroline laughed sarcastically, tilting her head from side to side. Tyler stood by the car, admiring it. "Did you do any touch-ups?" 

Stefan shook his head. "It's the way it was first bought." He looked at Matt. "Hey, why don't you come look at this for me?" 

"Elena, do you remember the old Camaro your dad used to have?" Matt asked, smiling as he walked over to the engine of the car.

Elena nodded cautiously, taking a step closer. "Of course." 

"I know I do," Alex told him. "You built and rebuilt that engine, like, 20 times." 

"I think it was more than that," Tyler told them. "He couldn't keep his hands off the damn thing." 

"Wow," Stefan told them, impressed.

"Well, I don't like sports cars," Caroline told them. "Too hard to make out in." 

"Nah," Matt told them. "It wasn't that bad." 

Alex looked away, pressing her lips together. 

Tyler looked between Matt and Caroline awkwardly.

Elena was dissatisfied.

Matt sighed, realizing his mistake. 

Caroline was annoyed, turning around, walking out of the garage, leaving.

Elena followed Caroline, leaving. 

"Well, that's not awkward at all," Tyler told them sarcastically to break the silence.

Alex shook her head.

Matt looked at Stefan. "I'm sorry, man." 

Stefan shook his head. "No, no, no. Don't worry about it. You and Elena, you guys have a history, and ignoring it doesn't do anybody good." 

Matt nodded, sighing. "She's good with you. You know, I wasn't sure, but she's happy, and I'm glad." 

Alex sighed uncomfortably, leaning against the wall. 

"All right," Tyler told them. "Let's take a look at this." 

Stefan, Matt and Tyler started to work on the car. 

-

The Grill - Outside 

Jenna was walking outside, breaking her heel.

Billy looked at her. "Need some help?" 

"Damn it," Jenna told him. "Stupid shoe." 

"Pick up your other foot," Billy told her, breaking the other heel off, giving it to Jenna. "Here you go."

"Thanks, I think," Jenna told him.

Billy smiled.

-

Inside

Cristian, still sitting with Liv, was listening. 

He could hear Billy. "Was that Damon Salvatore you were with?" 

"The one and only," Jenna answered. "You know him?" 

"We go way back," Billy told her. 

Liv noticed the distracted look on Cristian's expression. "Cristian? You okay?" 

"Yeah," Cristian told her. "I just have to go be somewhere right now, Liv, but..." He stood, looking at Liv. "Maybe I'll see you around." 

"Maybe," Liv agreed. 

Cristian walked away.

Liv watched him go.

Damon sat at the bar, noticing Cristian walk out of the door. He looked toward Liv.

Liv gave Damon an annoyed gesture as if to ask, What are you looking at? 

Damon shook his head, turning his head after Cristian with suspicion, wondering why he would be talking to Liv. 

Liv sighed, finishing her drink.

-

Outside 

Billy and Jenna continued to talk.

"He still live out by Miller Lane?" Billy asked.

"He lives in the old boarding house by Wickery Bridge," Jenna told him. "He's still in there if you want to say hi." 

"I prefer to stay here and talk to you," Billy told him.

"Oh, nice," Jenna told him. "Very smooth with the shoe and the flirt." Billy smirked. "But, I'm a little drunk, and a guy plus drunk me equals very bad things." 

Cristian walked outside. "Jenna." 

"Cristian," Jenna replied. 

"My aunt asked me to deliver a message to you, for you to call her," Cristian told her. 

Billy seemed annoyed. 

"Then I should probably get going," Jenna told him. "Thank you, Cristian." 

"Can I get you a... car?" Cristian asked. 

"Yes, please," Jenna told him.

Cristian waved for a cab.

The cab pulled over.

Cristian opened the door for Jenna, giving Billy a look.

Jenna got in.

Cristian closed the door. 

The cab drove away. 

Cristian watched it go, turning to face Billy.

Beth-Anne and Fredrick stepped closer.

"We're hungry, Cristian," Billy told him. "We want something to eat." 

"Which Pearl said not to do like you do," Cristian told them. 

"Hmm," Fredrick hummed sarcastically. "Pearl has a lot of rules, doesn't she?" He held an arm toward the building the Grill. "Do you think I didn't notice you with the Gilbert girl, Cristian? Liv Gilbert. The Lockwoods, the Fells, the Gilberts, the Forbes, even the Salvatores. All of the Founding Families led us to the tomb. We should kill every last one of them. Especially the Salvatores. Stefan, Damon and Kaylin were the reason we were there. Because of Katherine's interest in them. Their little human descendant Nicola is the only way to get to them worse than death, and Pearl says we can't do any of it." 

Cristian stepped closer to Fredrick threateningly until he was merely inches from him. "For a reason. Do you want to expose us and have us all rounded up and burned alive, for real this time?" 

Fredrick smirked bitterly, gripping Cristian's shoulders, rushing to push him into the brick wall. "You might want to stay out of my way, Cristian." 

"Fredrick..." Beth-Anne trailed off.

Billy didn't do anything, anticipating a fight.

Cristian smirked, gripping Fredrick's throat, turning, pushing him into the wall where he had been. "Pearl warned you. Anna warned you. Now I have. You might want to stay out of our way, Fredrick. Leave all of them be." 

Cristian let go of Fredrick, rushing away.

Fredrick held his throat, breathing heavily in anger. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside

Caroline was standing alone, sulking.

Elena approached her from behind. "Caroline..." 

"I don't want to talk about it," Caroline told her.

Elena sighed. "You're being ridiculous." 

Caroline turned to face her. "And insecure, and stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that Matt's always gonna be interested in someone or something else, and I'm always gonna be the back up."

"You're not the back up," Elena told her. 

"Yes, I am," Caroline told her. "I'm Matt's Elena or Kaylin back up. I'm your Bonnie back up." 

"Now it's about me and Bonnie?" Elena asked.

"You don't get it," Caroline told her. "Why would you? You're everyone's first choice." 

They looked at each other.

Tyler and Alex approached them.

Stefan and Matt followed in the red Porsche, getting out of the car. 

"Piece of cake," Matt told them.

Stefan looked from Matt to Caroline. "You know what? Why don't you guys take it for a spin?" 

Stefan tossed Matt the keys to the car. 

"Really?" Matt asked.

Stefan nodded. "Yeah." 

Matt smiled, opening the passenger's side door. "Caroline." 

Caroline walked forward, getting into the car.

Matt closed the door, jogging over to the other side of the car, smiling, pointing at Stefan, getting into the car, driving away.

Alex looked at Stefan. "That was nice." 

Stefan smiled. 

Tyler looked at Alex, using his thumb to point at the house. "You want to go inside?" 

Alex nodded.

Tyler and Alex walked away.

Stefan wrapped an arm around Elena. "You all right?" 

"If it's not vampires, it's girlfriends," Elena told him.

Stefan and Elena wrapped their arms around each other. 

-

Front Yard 

(Song:) Lovesick Mistake - Erin McCarley

Tyler and Alex walked toward the front porch. 

"So..." Tyler trailed off.

"What?" Alex asked.

"I want to say something that's on my mind, but I don't really know how to do it," Tyler told her.

Alex nodded. "Okay." 

Tyler sighed. "I like you. I know that you're my little sister's best friend, and that I am probably the last person that you ever what to be with, but I still want to be with you." 

Alex nodded, smiling a small smile, turning to face Tyler, making him stop. "Believe me when I say that there are so many other worse guys to be with than you, Ty. And I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I want to be with you."

Tyler looked at her in slight surprise. "Really?" 

Alex smiled, slightly embarrassed, nodding. "Yeah." 

Tyler looked at her curiously for a moment, placing a hand on her cheek, leaning closer, wanting to kiss her, but hesitant to do so. Alex looked over him, smiling, rolling her eyes, kissing him sweetly. The more the kiss went on, the more passionate it became. Tyler pulled away after a few moments. Alex seemed annoyed. 

Tyler smiled. "Well... that's good." 

Alex smiled, drifting closer. "That's great." 

Tyler and Alex kissed more passionately than before, holding each other. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Jeremy and Anna were getting something to eat. 

"All right, roast beef, turkey, what do you want?" Jeremy asked.

"Let's do the works," Anna told him. "Pile it high." 

"Okay," Jeremy told her. "I like your style. Will you grab the bread for me?" 

"Okay," Anna told him, turning to get the bread. Jeremy grabbed a knife to cut the meat. He looked at Anna for a moment, cutting his hand with the knife, groaning in pain. Anna turned to face him in alarm. "What are you doing?" 

"It's just a cut," Jeremy told her. "Can you hand me that towel?" 

Anna looked uncomfortable, fighting the urge for blood. "I can't." 

"You got a problem with blood, Anna?" Jeremy asked, showing her his bleeding hand. Anna shook her head meekly. Jeremy stepped toward her. "What's the matter? It's just blood, Anna." 

Anna gripped Jeremy's neck, rushing across the room, pushing him against the fridge, transformed. "What are you doing?" 

"I knew it," Jeremy told her, showing her his hand. "Go for it." 

Anna hesitated for a long moment, giving in, taking his hand, beginning to drink. 

Jeremy groaned in pain. 

Jenna's voice came from the hallway. "Jeremy." 

Anna let go of Jeremy.

Jeremy walked into the hall, hiding his hand behind his back, smiling innocently. "Jenna. Hey, what's up?" 

"Regret," Jenna answered. "Make sure you lock that up." 

Jenna walked upstairs.

Jeremy turned to see that the back door was hide open, and that Anna had disappeared. He looked at his hand, smiling. 

-~-

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside - Stefan's Car

(Song:) The Mess I Made – Parachute

Matt pulled to a stop. "Did I just pass the driveway?"

"Uh..." Caroline trailed off. "No, I think it's up there." 

"This is an amazing car," Matt told her. "Did I pass?" Caroline looked at him, not understanding. "The whole triple date thing was obviously a test to see how I would do around Elena." 

"I don't know," Caroline told him. "You were reminiscing about the Elena years the whole night, so..." 

"Caroline, that stuff came before," Matt told her. "It's not just gonna go away." 

"I know that, okay?" Caroline asked. "I know." 

"No, you don't," Matt told her. "Because, you're letting Elena turn you into a crazy person." Caroline looked away in exasperation. "Look, it's my fault. But all that talk, that was just two old friends and some memories. Tonight wasn't about me and Elena. I was there because I wanted to be with you. And I don't know what this means, or what we are, but I do know that you are the only person I want to be in this car with right now. And I don't even know if that makes sense, because I'm not really good at expressing myself." 

"No, no," Caroline told him, touched. "I think you're doing just fine." They chuckled, kissing. The more they continued to kiss, the more passionate it became. Caroline hurt herself. "Ow!" She looked at Matt. "Sports cars..." 

"Yeah," Matt told her.

"Hmm," Caroline hummed sarcastically. 

Caroline and Matt continued to kiss. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Inside - Hallway 

Damon and Kelly walked into the house.

Damon poured himself a drink, taking a drink, handing it to Kelly.

"Now that you've got me here..." Kelly trailed off, taking a drink. "What are you gonna do with me?"

"I'm going to..." Damon trailed off, pulling Kelly closer. "Going to do this." 

Damon kissed Kelly for a long moment, pushing her against the wall, continuing to kiss. 

Stefan, Elena, Caroline, Matt, Tyler and Alex walked into the house, interrupting them. 

"Oh, wow," Tyler told them, looking away.

"Mom?" Matt demanded.

Kelly looked at them in surprise.

"Damon?" Alex demanded. 

"Oh, my God," Kelly told them, sliding off of Damon. "Matt." 

Matt shook his head, looking down, turning around.

Kelly walked past them, leaving.

Matt looked at Caroline, using his thumb to point at his mother. "I gotta--"

"It's fine," Caroline told him. "Just go." 

"I'll take her home," Elena told him.

Matt nodded, handing the keys to Stefan. "Thanks, man." 

Matt walked out of the front door, leaving. 

Stefan, Elena, Caroline, Tyler and Alex looked at Damon.

Damon took a drink. 

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Dining Room 

Anna and Cristian walked in.

Pearl was there, waiting. "Where have you two been?" 

"We were talking," Anna told her. "I was showing Cris the town." 

"For three hours?" Pearl asked. "Tell me, where have you been?" 

"Out," Cristian told her, starting to walk past her. "We were out." 

Pearl grabbed his arm to stop him. "Cristian, don't do this. I can't fight the two of you, too."

Anna looked as if she would cry.

Pearl and Cristian noticed. 

"What?" Cristian asked.

"I'm sorry," Anna told them.

Pearl wrapped her arms around either of them. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside 

Stefan and Elena walked toward Elena's car.

"Sorry I'm bailing," Elena told him.

"Just wish you let me drive you home," Stefan told her.

"Normal people don't have chaperons, or bodyguards, or babysitters," Elena told him. "We're normal tonight, remember?" 

"I know," Stefan told her. "I just get so worried about you." 

"Stefan, I can't live every minute afraid that someone is gonna come after me," Elena told him. "I won't. It's not living." 

"Okay," Stefan told her. "Call me when you get home safe." 

Stefan placed a hand on either of Elena's cheeks, kissing her, pulling away. He opened her car door for her.

Elena got into the car.

"Bye, Stefan," Alex told him. 

"Goodbye," Stefan told them, closing the car's door.

Elena drove away.

Stefan watched them go, walking inside, closing the door behind him. 

Fredrick was somewhere on the property, watching him.

-

Inside - Library 

Nicola poured a glass of tequila.

Damon walked into the room. "You know, our mother died of consumption fueled by the drinking, Nikki. You should really cut back."

"I'm not gonna take drinking advice from a blood junkie lunatic," Nicola told him, taking a sip.

"Or from someone who would kiss the mother of his sister's ex-boyfriend," Kaylin added.

"Don't give me the guilt trip, Kaylin," Damon told her. 

"Don't involve the Donovans into this, Damon," Kaylin replied. "I compelled Matt for a reason." 

"All right," Damon told her. "I'll leave her alone. Especially now that you say that she's 'the mother of my sister's ex-boyfriend'. When you put it like that, it's just creepy." 

"When was it ever not creepy?" Nicola asked.

Stefan walked in, giving Damon a disapproving look.

"Don't look at me like that," Damon told him.

"Are you crazy?" Stefan asked. 

"Save the lecture," Damon told him. "Look--" 

Fredrick crashed through the window, shattering it, rushing toward Stefan, stabbing him with a piece of glass, pushing him aside. 

Kaylin rushed to stand up from the couch.

Nicola backed away from the damage. 

Kaylin pushed Fredrick off of Stefan, toward Damon.

Damon punched Fredrick in the face repeatedly.

Kaylin knelt next to Stefan, pulling the glass out from his chest. 

Beth-Anne jumped in through the shattered window, rushing toward Nicola, biting her neck, feeding, making her groan in pain.

Nicola struggled weakly. "Kaylin!" 

Stefan looked up worriedly. "Nikki! Nikki!"

Kaylin stood, beginning to rush toward them.

Billy appeared in front of her, gripping her throat, turning around, throwing her into a wooden chair, making it break. 

Kaylin angrily grabbed a broken leg, tossing it toward Nicola. 

Nicola caught it with one hand, using it to hit Beth-Anne in the head, making her let her go, backing away. She staked Beth-Anne in the heart with it, killing her, letting the body fall to the floor. She nearly fell, catching herself against a nearby table, holding a hand over her bleeding neck. 

Fredrick had noticed the entire thing, looking at Nicola angrily. 

Kaylin looked up at Billy in front of her angrily, standing, taking him by his hair, turning around, tossing him through the broken window, outside, breaking the window even more than it already was. 

Damon, Kaylin, Nicola and Stefan stood together, looking at Fredrick.

Fredrick rushed away, leaving.

Billy stood, following Fredrick. 

"Damn it," Damon told them.

Kaylin looked at Nicola. "You okay?" 

Nicola breathed heavily. "Yeah." 

Damon handed Nicola a cloth.

Nicola took it, holding it to her bleeding neck. 

"I remember them, from 1864," Stefan told them. "They were in the tomb." 

Nicola looked at them in confusion.

"Yeah..." Kaylin trailed off awkwardly. "About that...." 

Nicola closed her eyes, already expecting the answer. "You've gotta be kidding me." 

-~-

Donovan House - Living Room 

Matt and Kelly walked in, closing the door behind them. 

"Matt," Kelly told him. Matt didn't stop or look at her. "Matt..." 

"I don't want to hear it, Mom," Matt told her.

"Matty, please," Kelly told him. 

Matt turned to face her. "Do you know what I was doing tonight, Mom? I was having fun. You know, trying to forget all the crap that I have to deal with every day. Just enjoying a night with my friends. And then, there you are, wasted at the bar, where I work, by the way, to pay the bills that you don't pay. And then you're off acting like a freaking kid, hooking up with some guy half your age. I'm the kid, Mom. You're supposed to be responsible for me." 

"I know, Matt," Kelly told him.

Matt looked at her for a moment, shaking his head, walking out of the room, leaving.

-

Gilbert House - Bathroom 

Liv was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth.

Jeremy walked in.

"How was your night?" Liv asked.

"Ah..." Jeremy trailed off. "Same old, same old. You?" 

Liv smiled a small smile. "Yep." 

They brushed their teeth in silence.

-

Tomb Vampires' House - Kitchen 

Cristian, Pearl and Anna were here. 

Pearl was getting a blood bottle from the fridge, closing the door. 

Fredrick and Billy arrived. 

"So, where's Beth-Anne?" Cristian asked.

"She won't be coming back," Fredrick answered.

"What happened?" Pearl asked. "Where is she?" 

"Well, you were right," Billy told her. "We shouldn't have left." He looked at Cristian. "And you were right, Cristian. We shouldn't have gone after the Salvatores." 

Pearl realized what they meant. "No. Hungry?" She looked at Cristian, nodding slightly.  Billy looked at Anna and Cristian.  Pearl poured blood into two glasses, holding them toward Fredrick and Billy. Cristian drove two stakes through their stomachs, making them groan in pain.  Pearl set the glasses down. Cristian left the stakes in their stomachs, sitting down next to Anna. Pearl sat next to them, pouring blood into another glass. "Next time, you'll listen to one of or all of us."

Anna smiled a small smile, looking at Cristian.

Cristian returned the smile.

Anna and Cristian looked at Fredrick and Billy smugly. 

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex and Elena were sitting on their beds, facing each other, both dressed for bed.

Alex was smiling.

"You can't stop smiling," Elena told her.

Alex nodded. "I know." 

"Do you really like him?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I do," Alex answered. "I didn't think I ever would, but he won me over." 

Elena smiled. "At least you're happy now. Now maybe you can stay that way." 

"But I still won't be able to tell Tyler about anything, or Kacie, or Eliza, or Caroline, or Matt, or Jeremy, or Liv," Alex told her. 

"It'll be all right for now," Elena told him.

"I'll tell you more tomorrow," Alex told her.

Elena nodded. "Good. 'Cause I told Stefan I would call when I got home." 

Alex nodded.

Elena picked up her phone, calling Stefan.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Stefan was on the phone. 

Elena's voice was on the other line. "I'm home, teeth brushed, and ready for bed. Safe and sound." 

"Good, good," Stefan told her. "I'm glad." 

Elena was still in her room. "Is everything all right? You sound serious." 

"When isn't he serious?" Alex asked.

"No, no, no, no," Stefan told her. "Not tonight. You still have a few minutes left of normal. I'll tell you about it tomorrow, okay?" 

"I had a really nice time on our date tonight," Elena told him.

"Such a liar," Stefan told her.

"No, I'm serious," Elena told him. "In a way, it was exactly what it was supposed to be." 

"I had a really nice time, too," Stefan told her.

Elena hung up. 

Stefan hung up, turning to face the rest of the room.

Damon was pouring himself a drink.

Nicola was sitting on the couch, holding the cloth to her neck, trying to stop the bleeding. 

Kaylin was dragging Beth-Anne's body toward the door. She looked from Stefan to Damon. "Could you guys help me out a little bit?" 

No one answered.

Stefan, Kaylin and Damon looked at Nicola.

Nicola looked at them in annoyance. "What? I'm fine." 

"You could have died tonight," Kaylin told her. "You're not fine." She walked closer, biting her wrist, offering it to Nicola. "Here. Drink. It'll heal you." 

"Screw you," Nicola told her. "I'm not drinking that so that some psycho can kill me before it passes out of my system and I turn into a vampire. No way. I'll take my chances, thank you." 

Nicola stood, walking past them, out of the room.

Stefan, Kaylin and Damon exchanged a look, not knowing what to make of that. 

-

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy walked into his room.

Anna was waiting there.

Jeremy was startled. "What the hell?" 

"I could have killed you," Anna told him.

"Yeah, but you didn't," Jeremy told her.

"I should have," Anna told him. 

"But you didn't," Jeremy told her. 

"How did you know?" Anna asked. 

"I knew this girl," Jeremy told her. "Vicki. She was attacked by an animal, a bite to the neck, just like Kacie Lockwood. Kacie's been messed up since, but not nearly as messed up like what happened to Vicki. She started acting crazy, weird, and it seemed like drugs, but then you showed me, Kacie and Liv those articles. It proved that Kacie isn't just acting on some messed up PTSD from being attacked by an animal. It proved that there is something more going on with her than she doesn't even know about. And then I saw your face, and how it changed the night in the cemetery when I kissed you." 

"You know you can't tell anyone, right?" Anna asked.

"Who would believe me?" Jeremy asked.

"You'd be surprised," Anna told him.

"Why didn't you... kill me?" Jeremy asked.

"I don't know," Anna told him. "Maybe I'm a sucker for guys like you." 

"Like what?" Jeremy asked. 

"Lost," Anna answered. "Why would you confront me about it? Why would you risk it?" 

"Because if it was true, maybe it's true about Vicki and Kacie," Jeremy told her. "Maybe we can help Kacie, set her free from whatever the hell is going on in her mind. And also because... I want you to turn me." 

Anna looked at him in confusion.

Jeremy looked as if he wasn't going to change his mind. 

-~-

1.17 "Let the Right Ones In" Trailer 

(Song:) Beyond Freedom - Audio Machine

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Liv's room, It was pouring rain outside.

Liv looked outside to the pouring rain, smiling a small smile, sitting down on the window seat in front of her, resting her chin on her arms, watching the storm, completely calm and relaxed.   

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in Jeremy's room, Jeremy was sitting on his bed.

Elena stood in the doorway. "Looks like there's a big storm rolling in."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in an underground cellar on the Salvatore property, Fredrick gripped Nicola's throat tightly, glaring down on her.

Nicola didn't look afraid.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in a hallway in the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan walked angrily into the same hallway where Damon was. "Nicola's gone. The tomb vampires are targeting Nikki because they know that hurting her will do more damage to us more than they could do to us."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", outside the tomb vampires' house, Kaylin was drenched, pounding on the door to the house. 

Fredrick opened the door.

"Where's Nicola?" Kaylin asked. Billy pulled a weak version of Nicola out, the only thing keeping her standing. Kaylin pushed angrily against the door frame, trying to help Nicola. "You're dead."

Kaylin couldn't walk inside.

"Whoa," Fredrick told her. "I'm sorry. You haven't been invited in."

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the basement of the tomb vampires' house, the tomb vampires were tying Nicola to the ceiling by ropes around her wrists, making her stand.

TORTURE

Fredrick stood in front of Nicola. "145 years left starving in a tomb, thanks to Katherine's infatuation with your uncles, and her interest with your aunt."

  Fredrick stood behind Nicola, tilting her head back, biting her neck, feeding. Nicola struggled, groaning in pain. Fredrick tightened his hold, feeding harder, making her scream. 

Harper: (voice over from 1.17 Let the Right Ones In) "She's innocent!"

PAIN  

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the tomb vampires' house, Damon pinned one of his attackers to the floor, punching him in the face until he was unconscious.

A girl vampire punched toward Kaylin. Kaylin caught her wrist, turning around, using the arm as leverage to push her into the wall, throwing her to the other side of the room, making her fall to the floor, all while using vampire speed.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the basement of the tomb vampires' house, Nicola had bite marks all over her body, bleeding, weak, nearly unconscious.

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", in the woods, Nicola was lying on the ground, seemingly unconscious.

Fredrick stalked toward her. 

Stefan rushed toward him angrily, pushing Fredrick against a tree.

DEATH

From 1.17 "Let the Right Ones In", outside the tomb vampires' house, Kaylin walked down the steps in a rage, on the phone. "Then, and only then, when he's screaming, I'll rip his heart out." She walked into the rain, continuing to walk across the grounds. "I'll kill them. All of them."

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 271 31
Damon x Reader imagines All character rights go to TVD & The Originals besides the main character, You.
177K 6.1K 87
𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 - ❝𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙚'𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧?❞...
43.4K 787 43
I decided to create this because I already have an imagines book and I didn't want to combine this into that so it's separate. Please check out my im...
31.9K 469 25
All plot rights go to the CW and executive producers, writers and their character development. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert/Valentina Petrova/Poppy...