Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 14 - Fool Me Once

1.4K 26 10
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Eliza: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Damon looked at the picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.09 "History Repeating", on the football field, Stefan and Damon were sitting next to each other.

Stefan sat up. "Wasn't real, Damon." Damon looked at him in confusion. "Our love for Katherine."

They stood.

"I'm gonna bring her back," Damon told him.

Stefan looked at Damon in shock.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in the woods, Bonnie walked through the woods toward the remains of Fell's Church.

Damon: (voice over from 1.09 History Repeating) "There's a tomb underneath the church. A spell sealed Katherine in that tomb, protecting her."

From 1.09 "History Repeating", in the underground chamber, Bonnie turned to see the door to the tomb.

Damon: (voice over from 1.12 Unpleasantville) "Tell me how to get in the tomb."

Vampire: (voice over from 1.12 Unpleasantville) "The grimoire."

From 1.12 "Unpleasantville", in the school cafeteria, Stefan, Damon, Kaylin, Nicola, Alex and Elena were interrogating the vampire.

"Where is it?" Nicola asked.

   "Check the journal," the vampire told them. Anna was standing in the hall, looking in through the window, listening. "Jonathon Gilbert's."     

From 1.12 "Unpleasantville", in the school hallway, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were speaking. Damon and Kaylin were leaning against a door frame, facing each other. Nicola was leaning against the vending machine behind them.

"So, the grimoire..." Kaylin trailed off. "That was Emily's, right? That's what you need to reverse the spell."

From 1.12 "Unpleasantville", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon was sitting at the desk.

Nicola was sitting on the couch.

Stefan and Kaylin were standing.

"You help me?" Damon asked. "I don't know. It seems a little unnatural."

"I'll do anything to get you out of this town," Stefan told him, leaning forward against the desk. "But the other vampires, they have to stay put. Katherine and Cristian... I would consider that."

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in the cemetery, Stefan was now standing in front of the girls, facing Damon. "I can't let you bring her back, I'm sorry."

"So am I," Damon told him. "For thinking for a second that I could trust you." He rushed around Elena, Stefan and Alex, grabbing Nicola from behind, startling her, his arm around her throat. He bit his wrist, feeding Nicola his blood. Nicola struggled as hard as she could, her words of protests muffled by his wrist. Alex and Elena turned to face them, gasping, backing away. Stefan stepped closer worriedly. "Give me the book, Stefan, or I'm snapping Nikki's neck, and you, Kaylin and I will have a vampire niece."

Stefan slowly, carefully placed the book on the ground, reaching toward Nicola.

Alex and Elena stood back, watching with terror, wondering what was going to happen.

Damon looked as if he wasn't going to let Nicola go, slowly pulling his arm away from her.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in the motel room, Kaylin and Anna were talking.

Anna looked at Kaylin. "So you help me, then."

"Anna, I want to help you free your mother and Cristian," Kaylin told her. "I swear, I do. But there are 25 other vampires in there that are starving and having a town that's responsible for getting them locked up at their disposal and every quenching thirst. So, unless you have got a way to just get out Cristian, Katherine and Pearl out, and only them, then we don't have a deal." 

"You were willing to work with Nicola, Stefan and Damon to get them out, Kaylin, willing to take that risk," Anna told her.

"I'm sorry, Anna," Kaylin told her, standing looking at Anna sympathetically. "I really am. But I can't help you." 

Kaylin walked toward the door.

Anna turned to face her. "I bet I can find the right circumstances to convince you to work with me, Kaylin. And Nicola, Stefan, and Damon." 

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in the kitchen of the Gilbert House, Jeremy, Jenna and Alex were talking in the kitchen.

Jeremy looked in the living room to where Liv was still playing her games. "Liv, where did she go?"

"She went to the bathroom," Liv answered.

"Where did who go?" Alex asked.

"Your brother has a friend over," Jenna told her.

"Anna," Jeremy elaborated. 

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in Alex/Elena's room, Alex walked into the room with the bottle of Aspirin. "Hey, Nicola, got the Aspirin for you..." She stopped walking, looking around the room in confusion. "Guys?" Elena and Nicola had disappeared. "Nicola? Elena?"

Alex looked around, realizing that she was the only one in the room, and that someone had taken them, instantly worried.

-~-

Day One

Morning - Another Motel 

In a different motel room from the one that Anna and Ben had resided in before, Elena and Nicola were both lying on the beds, asleep.

Ben was sleeping in the car closest to the door, sleeping.

Nicola groggily woke. She saw Ben sitting in the chair, remaining as quiet as possible, sitting up warily, looking around. She saw Elena on the bed next to her, looking toward Ben, carefully standing, stepping closer, shaking Elena's shoulder, waking her.

Elena looked around frantically, gasping, about to speak.

Nicola put a finger to her lips, pointing toward Ben.

Elena followed her gaze, looking at Nicola, nodding, mouthing her words. 'How do we get out of here?'

Nicola looked from Ben to the door, estimating if they could make it without waking him. She looked at Elena, nodding to the door.

Elena nodded, quietly sliding off of the bed. 

Nicola stepped over Ben's outstretched leg, slowly backing toward the door, keeping an eye on Ben.

Elena followed, walking past Nicola to the door, unlocking the dead bolt on the door.

Nicola continued to watch Ben to make sure he didn't wake.

Elena turned the lock on the door, patting Nicola on the shoulder.

Nicola turned to face Elena, nodding.

Elena prepared to open the door.

They heard Ben's voice. "I wouldn't." Elena gasped, both she and Nicola turning to face him. Ben inched closer, compelling Elena. "Don't try to escape." He compelled Nicola. "Don't even move." He looked between them. "Do you understand?" 

Nicola and Elena spoke together. "I understand." 

Ben scoffed, backing away, turning around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. 

Nicola turned quickly toward the door, opening it instantly, running outside.

Anna was standing there, pulling Nicola back inside forcefully.

Ben restrained Elena from behind so she wouldn't try to escape. 

Anna glared at Ben. "Seriously?" 

"I told them not move," Ben told her. "I did that eye thing you taught me." 

Ben let go of Elena.

Anna pushed Nicola into Ben's arms. "But forgot the lesson about vervain." Ben restrained Nicola. Nicola struggled fiercely. Anna looked at Elena. "She's dating a vampire." She looked at Nicola. "And she's related to three, Ben. Duh." 

"Who are you?" Elena demanded. Nicola continued to struggle against Ben's hold. Ben held her tighter. "What do you want?" 

"Does it matter?" Anna asked, opening the bathroom door, pushing Elena inside, closing the door, locking it. She turned to Ben and Nicola. "Let her go." 

Ben let go of Nicola.

Nicola instantly stepped away from him with annoyance and hatred.

-

Bathroom 

Elena flipped the light switch on, calmly searching the room for another exit. She looked toward the bathtub to see Bonnie lying inside, unconscious. She instantly knelt next to her. "Bonnie?" She lifted Bonnie's head. "Oh, my God!" 

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Stefan, Kaylin and Alex were in the middle of talking.

Alex was frantically worried.

Stefan appeared to be concealing his emotions.

Kaylin was angry. "When I find Anna, I am going to rip her head off."

Damon walked in. "What happened to the two of you being friends?" 

"That was before I found out that she took Elena and Nikki," Kaylin told him. Damon looked at them in confusion. "I already checked the place that Anna had been last night. They cleared out and took off. Damon, all night long, every single street in town, we've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of Nicola's system?" 

"Well, then, at least we know we'll see her again," Damon told them.

"Please," Alex told him. "What do you know? Please, just help us find them." 

"Nope," Damon told her. "You can go home. Really." 

"You know, all I can remember is hating you," Stefan told him. "There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you." Damon pretended to be interested. "But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry." 

"Apology accepted," Damon told him.

"So, please, just tell us what you know," Kaylin told him.

"Huh," Damon told them.

"It's Nikki and Elena, Damon," Kaylin told him. "They could be out of town by now. So, please, just help us find them." 

Damon stepped closer. "I mean this sincerely." He looked at Alex. "I wish Elena no harm, because if she dies, there will be no coming back." He looked at Stefan and Kaylin. "But I hope Nicola dies, because turning into a vampire will be worse than death for her."

Damon walked past them, leaving the room.

-

Motel Room

Nicola was looking at Anna and Ben impatiently. "Why the hell are we here?" 

"Well, Elena is here for the witch to cooperate," Ben answered. "And to have leverage over Stefan."

Anna pointed at Nicola. "And you're here to get to Stefan, Kaylin and Damon, to have leverage over them so that they'll have to work with us."

Nicola scoffed, looking from Ben to Anna. "Damon? You know we hate each other, right?"

"Oh, really?" Anna asked. "Then why hasn't he killed you yet?" 

"I don't know," Nicola told them. "But I'm pretty sure that his rule of killing no more than one family member during one decade is not the reason." 

"Sarcasm a specialty of yours?" Ben asked in amusement.

Nicola shook her head. "You have no idea." 

-

Bathroom 

Elena wet a cloth in the sink, placing it on Bonnie's forehead.

Bonnie slowly opened her eyes.

"Bonnie?" Elena asked.

"Elena?" Bonnie asked.

"Oh, you're okay," Elena told her in relief.

"My head..." Bonnie trailed off in pain.

"Come here," Elena told her, helping Bonnie sit up. 

Bonnie seemed to remember what had happened. "Oh, my God. Ben is a--"

"Shh," Elena told her, pointing from her ear to the door. "They can hear you." 

Elena stood, turning on the tap, kneeling back down next to Bonnie.

"I'm so stupid," Bonnie told her.

"No, he had all of us fooled," Elena told her.

"What's going on?" Bonnie asked. "Why are we here?" 

"It must have something to do with the tomb and Emily's spell book," Elena told her.

"Spell book?" Bonnie repeated.

"Damon said it could be used to open the tomb," Elena explained.

"Why didn't I know about any of this?" Bonnie asked.

"I was trying to keep you out of it, hoping it would never come to this," Elena answered. 

"Come to what?" Bonnie asked.

"They need a witch to break the spell and let the vampires out," Elena told her.

"No way!" Bonnie told her.

"I know," Elena told her. 

The door suddenly opened.

Bonnie and Elena looked at the door. 

Elena grabbed Bonnie's shoulders protectively.

Ben walked in, pulling Nicola in by her arm, walking over to the sink, turning the tap off.

Nicola struggled. "Let go." 

Ben smiled, pulling her closer, getting her to stop struggling.

"You're wasting your time," Bonnie told him. "I'm not going to help you."

Ben let Nicola go, leaning closer, grabbing Elena, holding her close. "That's why she's here. Motivation for you to behave. You know, you shouldn't be so desperate. You made it too easy." He pushed Elena out of the bathroom. "She wants to talk to you." 

Nicola tried to walk out.

Ben stepped in her way, closing the door behind him.

Nicola glared up at him.

-

Main Room 

Elena stumbled into the main room.

Anna was leaning against a table, looking at Elena. "Well, well. Elena Gilbert. You really are Katherine's Doppelganger. And I've seen your sister, Alex. She is a very close second. You two must have the Salvatores reeling." 

"Who are you?" Elena asked. 

"I'm Anna," Anna answered. "Your brother may have mentioned me." She spoke the next words with girlish sarcasm. "I mean, we're, like, practically dating." 

-

The Grill 

(Song:) Can't Fight It – Oh Mercy

Jeremy and Liv were sitting together at a table, doing homework.

"What do you need help with?" Jeremy asked.

Liv read the question aloud. "'Find the solution for the generalized Abel integral equation of the second kind'." 

Jeremy took her book. "Are you sure you're in ninth grade?" 

"As sure as I can be at the moment," Liv answered. "Because..." She sighed, shaking her head. "I have no idea what that means." 

Tyler, Kacie and Matt were standing nearby. Tyler and Kacie were playing pool. Matt was busing tables.

"Ten kegs?" Tyler asked. "You know how much damage we could do with ten kegs? Duke's got it all hooked up." 

"Duke's a douche," Matt told him. 

"Yeah, a douche with ten kegs," Tyler told them. "AKA, my new best friend." Jeremy chuckled, shaking his head. "What's the problem, Gilbert?" 

"Don't have one, Lockwood," Jeremy told him.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Tyler told him.

"Hey, Ty, I know you're a little drunk right now, but stop being a dick," Kacie told him, making a shot.

"When you stop being a bitch even when you're sober," Tyler replied.

Liv looked at Tyler weirdly. "You ever get bored of it?" 

"Of what?" Tyler asked. 

"Yourself," Liv answered.

Kacie smiled. "Oh, Baby Gilbert coming on strong." 

Kacie wrapped an arm around Liv's shoulders.

Jeremy and Kacie laughed. 

Matt chuckled, starting to walk past, holding his fist toward Liv.

Liv touched her fist to Matt's as he walked by.

Tyler looked at Liv in surprise. 

Jeremy laughed.

"Keep laughing, buddy," Tyler told him. 

Tyler walked around the pool table. 

Liv took her book back from Jeremy, returning to her homework.

Kacie sat next to Liv. "What's that freshman brainiac brain of yours doing?" 

"Math," Liv answered. 

"Ugh," Kacie complained. Liv smiled. "Where's Alex?" 

"No clue, Kacie," Jeremy told her. "Thought she was with you or Tyler." 

"Gross," Kacie told them.

"No kidding," Jeremy told her. 

"Hey, Jeremy, Liv," Eliza called, walking closer, standing next to Kacie, looking at Jeremy and Liv. "Where are Alex and Elena? I have been texting them and Bonnie all day about Duke's party." 

"Uh, Elena went somewhere with Stefan," Jeremy told them. "I think Alex's with Nicola for some project."

Eliza sighed. "I'm so not gonna be one of those girls who disappears just because she has a new boyfriend. But good on Alex and Nicola." 

"Who is Duke?" Liv asked.

"Some guy that graduated a couple years ago," Kacie answered. "And he throws a party every time he comes home from Duke." 

"Wait, Duke goes to Duke?" Liv asked. 

"His real name's Bob or something," Kacie explained. "He's a total ass." Liv laughed. "But he buys the beer." 

Eliza looked as if she got an idea, looking from Jeremy to Liv. "You know, you guys should come." 

"Uh, yeah, I don't think so," Jeremy told them.

Liv shook her head. "No way." 

"No, seriously," Eliza told them. "Everyone goes." She looked at Kacie. "From 'Devil may care' girls." Kacie smirked. Eliza pointed at herself. "To--"

"Preppy and perky divas?" Kacie suggested teasingly.

Eliza smiled, pretending to be offended. "I'm not a diva."

"You're right, Eliza, that is so on Caroline only," Kacie told her.

Eliza smiled, looking at Jeremy and Liv. "From all of that to quite loner little brothers and sisters. Think about it."

Eliza walked away, walking past Caroline and Matt as she did.

"Hey," Caroline told him.

"Hey," Matt told her.

"So, I have a speech," Caroline told him. "It is fully scripted and well-rehearsed. Are you ready for it?"

"You wrote a speech?" Matt asked.

"Yes," Caroline answered. "It's a 'you kissed me, and I don't want things to be weird' speech. It's pre-emptive." 

Matt chuckled. "Pre-emptive?" 

"Yeah, you know, in case you were having second thoughts, or regrets, or were, like ooged out," Caroline told him.

"'Ooged', huh?" Matt asked.

"Can I just get on with the speech part?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah," Matt answered. "Go for it." 

"So, I know that you don't think that this is going to work out between us," Caroline told him. "I just want to let you know that right here and right now, I'm offering you an out. Like an escape clause."

"Why are you giving me an escape clause?" Matt asked.

"I don't wanna make assumptions about what it is we're doing here," Caroline answered.

"Got it," Matt told her.   

"So, if you would like to exercise it, just let me know," Caroline told him.

"I'm good, but thanks," Matt told her. 

"Okay," Caroline told him. "Good."

"Yeah," Matt agreed.

"So, see you for Duke's tonight?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah," Matt answered, smiling, getting back to work.

Caroline laughed happily.

-

Grams' House - Porch 

Damon knocked on the front door.

Grams opened it. "Yes?" 

"Hi, there," Damon told her. "I'm, uh, looking for Bonnie." 

"She's not here," Grams told him.

"Oh, well, do you know when she--" Damon started. 

"Never," Grams told him.

Damon chuckled. "You have quite an opinion for someone who doesn't know me." 

"You got some nerve knocking on a Bennett witch's door and asking her for anything," Grams told him.

"What'd I do?" Damon asked.

"Spirits talk, Mr. Salvatore, and so does my granddaughter," Grams told him. "You are no friend to us. Now get off my porch." 

Damon took a step closer to Grams. "Step outside and say that." 

Grams glared at Damon.

Damon groaned, holding his head in pain, backing away.

Grams stepped out onto the porch. "I am not Bonnie. You don't wanna mess with me." 

Grams walked inside, closing the door, breathing heavily, leaning against the door behind her. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Motel Room 

Anna peered out of the curtain, looking outside.

"Bonnie's not gonna open the tomb," Elena told her.

"Oh, I think she will," Anna told her. 

"Do you really want Katherine out that bad?" Elena asked.

Anna looked at Elena. "Trust me. No one I know wants to see that girl again. Except Damon, the love struck idiot."

"Then what is it?" Elena asked. "Or who is it?" 

"My mother and my cousin Cristian are in there," Anna answered.

Elena raised her eyebrows. "Cristian? As in Kaylin's best friend Cristian?"

Anna stepped away from the window. "Yeah. Katherine couldn't help herself. She just had to toy with both of the Salvatore brothers. Then, when she got caught, so did my mother and Cristian. I watched Jonathan Gilbert take them away."

"I'm sorry," Elena told her sincerely.

"You really mean that, don't you?" Anna asked. Elena nodded slightly. Anna chuckled without humor. "Yeah, I think we'll skip the more than one person in our family dead bonding so you can start serving a purpose."

"Which is what?" Elena asked impatiently.

"Leverage," Anna answered, taking out a phone. "The Salvatores always have the nicest things." 

Anna walked across the room, calling someone.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Kaylin's phone rang, the Caller ID saying it was Nicola calling. Kaylin answered instantly. "Nikki? Are you okay? Where's Elena?" 

"They're fine," Anna told her. "For now."

Kaylin exhaled. "Anna." 

Anna smiled. "Hey, Kay. Told you I could find the right circumstances to make you work with me." 

"If you hurt her, I swear to God--" Kaylin started.

"Relax," Anna told her. "They'll both be okay as long as you tell me that you have the grimoire." 

Damon walked into the room, leaning against the door frame behind Kaylin.

Kaylin looked at Stefan and Alex. "I can get it." 

"Which means your brother has it," Anna told her. "And I have the witch. So one of you had better meet me in the very public Town Square in 30 minutes, so we can safely discuss how fun it's gonna be to work together." 

Anna and Kaylin hung up. 

Alex looked at Damon.

"Go ahead," Damon told her. "Grovel again. Oh, wait, no. I don't care." 

Damon walked out of the room. 

-

Motel Room 

Anna walked toward the bathroom door, knocking twice. "I'm leaving." Ben opened the door, pushing Nicola and Bonnie out into the main room. "Keep them buttoned down. Compulsion won't work. Just use violence."

"Okay," Ben told her. "I got that." Anna walked out of the motel room, leaving. Ben pushed Bonnie onto the bed next to Elena. "Sit." He pushed Nicola onto the other bed. "Behave." He turned away, taking off his jacket, looking at Bonnie. "So you're the key to this. Literally. The one who opens the door. Tell me." He sat down. "How long have you been a witch?"

Nicola rolled her eyes, bored and impatient. "Is there anything to drink here?" 

Ben stalked toward Nicola. "Are you offering?" Nicola looked blankly at his bad attempt to scare her. Ben seemed disappointed, nodding to the nightstand. "There's water on the night stand." 

Ben stepped away.

Nicola slid toward the nightstand, picking up the glass. 

Bonnie looked at Nicola. "Can I have a sip?" 

Nicola pulled the glass away from her lips, handing it to Bonnie. 

Bonnie turned to Ben, splashing the water over him, using magic to turn the water into flame, making him scream in pain.

Nicola stood, running toward the door, opening, running outside, turning back, waiting for Bonnie and Elena.

Bonnie made it to the door. 

Ben put the flame out, restraining Elena before she caught up, looking angrily at Bonnie. "Come back in." Bonnie stepped away from the door. Ben looked at Nicola. "You, too!" Nicola stepped inside. "Shut the door." 

"Don't hurt her," Bonnie told him pleadingly.

"Don't make me!" Ben replied. Nicola closed the door. "Lock it!" 

Nicola hesitated, locking the door. 

Elena tilted her head back against Ben in disappointment, knowing that they had been so close to getting out. 

-~- 

Town Square 

Jeremy and Liv were walking out of the Grill, seeing Anna. 

"Oh, look," Liv told him tauntingly. "The girl who ditched you at your own house." 

"She was probably scared off by my annoying little sister," Jeremy told her. 

Liv smirked. "Ha ha." 

Jeremy rolled his eyes, smiling. "Anna! Hey!" He walked toward Anna. Liv shook her head, smiling. "Uh, what happened to you last night?" 

"Sorry, I had to leave," Anna told him. "I told your sister Elena to tell you."

"I haven't seen her," Jeremy told her.

"Well, I gotta run, so..." Anna trailed off, turning to leave. 

"Hey, do you wanna go to a party tonight?" Jeremy asked.

"Go to what?" Anna asked.

"Oh, the guy who's throwing it is a total douche, but it's supposed to be fun," Jeremy told her. "I figured, you know, safety in numbers." 

Anna chuckled. "So, you're finally ready to go out with me, are you?"

"It's been a while since I've been to a party, and I kind of want to get back out there," Jeremy told her. "And not be such a--a loner. And, uh, I like you. You're fun, and you're also kind of strange and lurky, but, uh, I guess I like that, too. So, yeah, you should come to the party. With me. It's in the woods by that old cemetery."

"Oh," Anna told him. "It's there, huh? That sounds cool. Uh, I'll meet you."

"Oh," Jeremy told her. "Okay. Great." Anna started to walk away. Jeremy watched her go. "Cool."

"Okay," Anna told him, glancing back.

Jeremy walked toward Liv. "Liv, I just might have a date tonight." 

Jeremy and Liv walked across the square.

"Oh, okay, lover boy," Liv told him. "What about me? You gonna leave me to rot at the house, playing Call of Duty on my own?" 

"Go to the party on your own," Jeremy suggested.

"Yeah, no, thanks," Liv told him. "The only thing worse than being a loner is being a loner at a party." 

Jeremy used her words against her teasingly. "Then rot at the house, playing Call of Duty on your own."

Liv nudged her shoulder into Jeremy teasingly.

Jeremy chuckled, reaching down to taser her sides.

Liv started to run, laughing.

Jeremy caught up to her, smiling, both of them walking again. "Anyway, aren't you starting to hang out with Lindsey, Luke and Ryan again? They'll probably be there, Liv."

"I don't know," Liv told him. "Luke and Ryan are heading out to see their dad for Thanksgiving Break, and with their mom Emma sick, they have to move down there with their dad soon anyway, so she might wanna say bye to them."

"Then why don't you say bye to Ryan and Luke?" Jeremy asked. "You were close to Luke and Ryan once, too, Liv. And they could use it since Emma is dying." 

Liv sighed, rolling her eyes. "God, Jer. Now you're starting to sound like Alex and Elena." She considered, nodding. "But, yeah. I'll go. Only to say bye to Luke and Ryan. Because of Emma dying."

Jeremy chuckled, unconvinced. "Yeah. Okay." 

Liv smiled, pushing Jeremy forward. 

-

Elsewhere 

From across the square, Anna had been watching Jeremy and Liv, sitting down on the bench behind her.

Suddenly, Damon appeared next to her, sitting on the bench. "Got a hot date, or are you just planning on nabbing the entire Gilbert family?"

"A party, right next to the old cemetery," Anna told him. "Isn't that nice of them? Lots of warm bodies for starving vampires."

"I told you I work alone," Damon told her.

"Yeah, so do I," Anna told him. "But you're minus a witch, and I'm minus a spell book. So what do you say?"

 "Stefan and Kaylin will come after, you know that?" Damon asked. "For messing with Nikki and Elena."

"Then they won't be too happy if I kill them when I don't get what I want," Anna told him, standing, starting to walk away.

Damon considered, making a face, sighing. "When do you want to do this?" 

Anna smiled, turning around to face him, laughing. "God, it's like 1864 all over again. You Salvatores are truly pathetic when it comes to love, whether if it's love for your family, or if it's love for someone else entirely. Tonight. After sundown. Meet me at the church." 

Anna turned around, walking away, leaving. 

-

Motel Room 

Bonnie and Elena were sitting on the bed closest to the bathroom, sitting on the edges. 

Nicola was sitting on the one closest to the door, leaning back against the wall. 

Ben was pacing, looking at Bonnie. "Witches don't have eternal life, right? So you guys can die."

"Yep," Bonnie answered quietly. "We can die." 

"Ah," Ben told her, chuckling. "That sucks." 

The door was suddenly kicked in by an angry Kaylin, allowing the sunlight to stream in and hit Ben.

Ben started to burn in the sunlight, screaming, ducking into the shadows.

Kaylin ripped the curtains open to allow the sunlight to pour over everything in the room.

Ben started to scream as his skin burned and smoked, hiding in between the two beds for the dark safety from the sun.

"Kaylin," Nicola told her in relief. 

"Get outside," Kaylin told them. Bonnie and Elena immediately stood, running out of the room, leaving. Nicola stood, hesitating. Kaylin stalked closer to Ben, glaring down on him, grabbing him by his throat, pulling him up into the sunlight, making his skin sizzle and burn, making him scream. "When the sun goes down, leave town. If I ever see you again, I will kill you." Ben's skin caught on fire, making him scream louder than before. "And you know I can do it." Kaylin let Ben fall to the floor into the shadows, turning to Nicola. "Let's go." 

Nicola and Kaylin turned around, walking out of the room, leaving the door open behind them as they left.

Ben used the blanket from the bed to put out the flames on his skin.

-

Grams' House - Kitchen 

Bonnie and Grams were sitting at a table.

"How did you know where we were?" Bonnie asked. "Kaylin didn't even know because they had switched motels." 

"Many things can fuel a witches power," Grams told her. "Worry. Anger. After Kaylin told me they had taken you, I had a lot of both. Simple locator spell was easy after that."

"I'm sorry," Bonnie told her. "About all of this."

Grams smirked. "Not as sorry as they're gonna be." 

Stefan, Elena, Kaylin, Nicola and Alex walked in.

"So what are we going to do now?" Elena asked.

"Well, for now, you need to stay here," Stefan told them.

Alex raised her eyebrows. 

"A prisoner?" Grams asked skeptically. "In my own home?" She shook her head. "I don't think so."

"We can't protect you if you leave the house," Stefan explained. 

"We'll protect ourselves," Grams told them.

Stefan looked away.

Alex sighed. "We need to let him have Katherine back. He's not going to stop until he gets her. If we help him, maybe that ends it."

"No!" Nicola told her. "He doesn't deserve to get what he wants." 

Kaylin looked at Nicola. "What other choice do we have?" 

Nicola sighed, looking away, knowing she was right.

"Witches being pulled down by vampire problems," Grams mused. "As much as we try to do to stay out of it." She looked at Stefan and Kaylin. "I'll open the tomb. You get your brother's girl and destroy the rest, with fire, then this will be all over." 

Kaylin sighed. "If we're getting that evil slut, I'm getting Cristian. To make sure that Anna's no longer an enemy."

Stefan nodded in agreement.

Grams looked at Bonnie.

Bonnie sighed, nodding.

"We still have to get Damon to agree," Elena told them.

"He already agreed once," Alex told them. 

"Yeah, and we double-crossed him," Elena told her. "So now he's angry."

Alex shook her head. "He's hurt. There's a difference." She took a deep breath. "I think I know what I have to do." 

-

Motel Room  

Anna walked into the motel room, seeing that the door was wide open and that Bonnie, Elena and Nicola were gone. "You've got to be kidding me." 

Anna walked inside, looking toward Ben.

Ben was still crouched between the two beds, his hoodie over his head. "It was Kaylin. There was nothing I could--" 

Anna held her finger up. "Shut up. Stop talking." She rubbed her face, sitting down in a chair. "Without the witch, we don't have Damon or the grimoire. Damon's not gonna stop. He'll find a way in. And we're gonna be there when he does." 

-

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Damon pulled on his jacket, preparing to leave.

Alex walked in.

Damon looked at her. "I'm gonna have to change the locks. Come to beg me to save your sister again?" 

"No," Alex answered. "Because she, Bonnie and Nicola are already free." 

Damon looked at her in confusion. "They stage a jailbreak?" 

Damon picked the grimoire up.

"Kaylin," Alex explained. 

"Ah, my sister," Damon told her. "Ever the force to be reckoned with." 

"I convinced Bonnie to help you," Alex told him.

"I doubt that," Damon told her. 

Alex walked around the railing, walking down the stairs, determined and unafraid. "I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night, because I'm not really."

"Well, at least you're honest," Damon told her. "And you're not afraid to speak your mind." 

"I was protecting the people I love, Damon," Alex told him. "But so were you, in your own, twisted way. And, as hard as it is to figure, we're all on the same side, after the same thing."

"Not interested," Damon told her, starting to leave.

Alex looked at him impatiently. "Yes, you are, because you were willing to work with us yesterday."

Damon turned to face her. "Fool me once, shame on you." 

Alex seemed to get an idea, as if she had a point to prove. "Okay, when we were in Atlanta, when you took my bracelet so that you could show me that you weren't gonna do anything wrong, why didn't you use your compulsion on me?" 

Damon placed the grimoire on a table, walking toward Alex, crossing his arms over his chest. "Who's to say I didn't? Who's to say that I wasn't lying to you?" 

"You didn't, and you weren't," Alex told him. "I know that. But you could have. You and I... We have something. An understanding. And I know that my betrayal hurt you, different from how it is with you, Stefan, Kaylin and Nicola, but I'm promising you this now, I will help you get Katherine back. Just like we're helping Kaylin get Cristian back." 

Damon groaned, unconvinced. "I wish I could believe you." 

Alex looked at him for a moment, slightly annoyed, unclasping her bracelet, taking it off, holding it up for Damon to see. "Ask me if I'm lying now." 

Alex placed the bracelet down on a table, looking at Damon, raising her eyebrows, silently challenging him. 

"You know Anna won't stop, by the way, no matter what I do," Damon told her.

"Then we'll deal with it," Alex told him. "She only wants her mother and Cristian back. She doesn't care about anyone else. And Cristian is Kaylin's first love. As long as none of the other vampires get out, it's a win-win." 

Damon smirked slightly at her logic, picking up Alex's bracelet, taking her wrist, clasping it on, taking her hand in his own. "I didn't compel you in Atlanta because we were having fun. I wanted it to be real. I'm trusting you. Don't make me regret it."

Alex nodded understandingly.

Damon turned around, walking away.

Alex watched him go. 

-~-

Mystic Falls Old Cemetery - Duke Party 

(Song:) Before It Gets Better – Earlimart

Damon, Kaylin and Alex were walking through the party. 

"The Duke party," Alex told them. "I forgot. I hope they stay clear of the church."

"Your hope, not mine," Damon told her.

"Stop being such an ass, Damon," Kaylin told him.

Matt and Caroline approached them. 

"Kaylin," Matt told her. "Hey."

Kaylin waved awkwardly.

"Alex," Caroline told her. "Oh, my God, where have you been?" 

Caroline intertwined her fingers with Matt's.

Kaylin noticed this action, pressing her lips together. 

"Long story, no time to tell it," Damon told them.

"I wasn't talking to you," Caroline told him.

"Sure you were," Damon told her. 

"We haven't met," Matt told him, offering a hand toward Damon. "I'm Matt."

"Yeah, uh, Matt, there's a reason you two haven't met," Kaylin told him, pushing Damon along. "You and I are going that way, Damon. Alex, come on." 

Alex looked at Matt and Caroline. "I'm sorry, guys."

Damon, Kaylin and Alex continued to walk away.

Damon looked at Kaylin. "You compelled him to forget his feelings for you and you still protect him like there's no tomorrow." 

"Let it go, Damon," Kaylin told him.

"With pleasure, Kaylin," Damon replied.

Damon, Kaylin and Alex walked further into the woods, away from the party.

(Song Ends) 

-

Woods 

Elena, Bonnie, Grams and Nicola were waiting. 

Stefan was climbing out of the tomb with a shovel in hand. "Cleared the debris away. Set the torches like you asked. We can get down now.'

Stefan placed the shovel on a rock.

Bonnie noticed the cans of gasoline. "What is that?" 

"It's everything I need to destroy them," Stefan answered, handing a flashlight to Nicola and Elena.

"Are you sure Damon will come back with Alex?" Elena asked.

"Kaylin will make sure he does," Stefan answered.

Damon, Kaylin and Alex joined the group.

Damon whistled to get their attention, continuing to walk past. "Elena. Stefan. Nicola. Witches." 

Damon continued to walk down into the tomb with the grimoire.

Elena exhaled.

Kaylin and Alex stood next to Elena, Stefan and Nicola.

"Everything okay?" Elena asked.

"I just want to get this over with," Nicola told them.

Alex looked at Bonnie and Grams. "Are we ready?" 

Bonnie looked at them. "I guess so." 

-

Party 

(Song:) Answer To Yourself – The Soft Pack

Liv was standing at the edge of the party, leaning against a tree.

Kacie saw her, approaching her. "Aw, Liv, you decided to come."

Liv smiled, shrugging. "It beats rotting at the house playing Call of Duty all on my own." 

"True that," Kacie told her. She held a beer toward Liv. "Last bonfire, you were drinking more than your brother and Alex were. And that's saying something. You've been doing good, what, with all the work you've done to get back up again. Even little freshmen need a night off." 

Liv hesitated. "What the hell?" She took the beer from Kacie, taking a sip. Kacie chuckled. Liv pulled the bottle away from her lips. "God." 

Kacie smiled. "There we go." 

Liv looked off in the distance. "You know, Luke and Ryan are leaving town 'cause their mom's dying. Emma."

Kacie looked at her in surprise. "Emma's dying? Really?" 

Liv nodded. "Yeah. I only came tonight because I wanted to say goodbye to Luke and Ryan, and be there for Lindsey, for when Luke and Ryan leave, and be there for them because Emma's dying, but I just can't seem to find them."

Kacie nodded thoughtfully. "Then I'll help you find Lindsey, Luke and Ryan. For Emma." Liv looked at her in surprise. Kacie smiled. "What? I can't be nice from time to time?"

"Well, no offense, but it's a rarity in your family," Liv told her.

Kacie smiled. "Yeah, I know. But, hey, things can change." She nodded for Liv to follow her. "Come on."

Liv smiled, shaking her head. "No. You go ahead. I'm just gonna go find Lindsey, Luke and Ryan. Be there for them because of Emma."

Kacie nodded. "Okay. See you." Liv smiled a small smile, walking away, taking a sip of beer. There was a moment of silence before Kacie realized something. "She took my beer." 

Kacie scoffed, smiling, shaking her head, walking further into the party. 

-

Elsewhere 

Tyler and another guy were engaging in a beer chugging contest.

Tyler won, slamming his cup down on the ground. "Done!" Jeremy arrived to the party. Tyler saw him. "I'll be right back." He approached Jeremy. "Hey, man. Uh, you got any weed?" 

"Wait," Jeremy told him. "You're kidding me, right? You act like a total dick every time we cross paths, but you won't actually ever start anything that you can't stop because of Alex, and--and now you wanna party with me?" 

"Lighten up, Gilbert," Tyler told him. "I'm just asking you a question."

"Look, I don't get you, man," Jeremy told him.

"It's a party," Tyler told him. "You're a partier. There's no need to psychoanalyze it."

"I don't party anymore, and even if I did, it wouldn't be with you," Jeremy told him.

Tyler started to walk away. "No problem. Carry on, just standing there. By yourself. All alone. The enemy of fun. Do you even have any friends?" 

Tyler turned around, walking away.

Jeremy turned around.

Anna appeared in front of him, startling him.

Jeremy chuckled. "Thank God." 

"Weird hello, but okay," Anna told him. "What's the matter?" 

"Uh, nothing," Jeremy told her. "Nothing, just..." Anna crossed her arms over her chest, looking at Jeremy, unconvinced. "It's nothing."

"Come on," Anna told him. "Let's walk." 

Jeremy and Anna walked off together, their arms around each other. 

From several feet behind them, Eliza was laughing with her friends, turning her head to see them, looking across the fire toward them, seemingly slightly jealous. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Underground Chamber 

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Stefan, Elena and Nicola were standing near the entryway. Damon and Stefan stood in the doorway with Alex and Elena standing behind both of them. Kaylin and Nicola were standing on either side of the doorway, leaning against the wall behind them. They watched Bonnie and Grams.

Grams lit the torches that stood all around them. "Air." She lit another. "Earth." She lit another. "Fire." 

"Water," Bonnie finished, handing Grams a bottle of water.

Grams took it, pouring some on the ground onto the circle.

"That's it?" Nicola asked. "Just water from the tap?" 

"As opposed to what?" Grams asked.

"I just figured that it would have to be blessed or mystical or something," Nicola told them.

Grams looked at Nicola, smiling.

Damon took a blood bag out of his pocket, unraveling it.

"What's that?" Stefan asked, shining his flashlight onto the blood bag.

Kaylin noticed it. "Hey, you took that from my private stock."

"Of course I did," Damon answered. "You're the only one in here who drinks from blood bags. It's for Katherine. Gotta have something to get her going." He looked at Alex and Elena. "Unless you two are offering a vein to tap."

Elena looked at Damon, unamused.

Alex shook her head sarcastically, mouthing the word. 'No.'

Damon looked around Stefan to looked at Nicola. "Or Cola there." 

"I can't wait until I don't have to hear that stupid nickname anymore," Nicola told them.

Damon smirked, looking at Stefan and Nicola. "Admit it. You guys can't wait to get rid of me."

Stefan chuckled. Nicola smirked. "We can't wait to get rid of you." 

Damon looked at Kaylin on the other side of him. "What about you, Kay?" 

Kaylin smirked. "Asta la bye bye."

Damon smirked. "Hmm." 

"Why couldn't it have been sooner?" Nicola asked.

Bonnie smiled.

Nicola winked. 

Damon narrowed his gaze at Nicola.

Nicola smiled.

Alex and Elena stifled a laugh. 

"We're ready," Bonnie told them.

They looked at Bonnie and Grams. 

-

Woods 

(Song:) Every Summer – U.S. Royalty

Jeremy was leaning against a tree.

Anna was standing in front of him. "This place is wild."

"You kinda like dead people, huh?" Jeremy asked. 

"I'm strange, remember?" Anna asked. "You okay?" 

"Uh, yeah," Jeremy answered. "Yeah. This place makes me think about someone."

"A dead someone?" Anna asked. 

"No," Jeremy told her. "No, just... Someone I used to know. So, uh, hey." He chuckled. "We made it all of what, 37 minutes, in that party?"

Anna smiled, chuckling. "Not your scene?" 

Jeremy pushed away from the tree. "I'm not really sure what my scene is anymore. So what do you say? You, uh, you wanna be part of my non-scene?" 

(Song Ends) 

"I would happily be a part of your non-scene, except, uh, I'm leaving," Anna told him.

"Wait, what?" Jeremy asked. 

"Yeah," Anna told him. "My mom, my cousin Cristian and I are moving away."

"Oh," Jeremy said. "Uh, that's--that's a bummer."

"Yeah?" Anna asked. 

"Well, yeah," Jeremy answered.

"So, guess this is goodbye," Anna told him. 

"I guess it is," Jeremy agreed. After a moment, they kissed. Anna pulled away, transforming. Jeremy looked at her in alarm. "Anna, your face!" 

Anna turned away from him. "It's nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing," Jeremy told her. 

Ben appeared behind Jeremy, hitting his head hard enough to make him fall to the ground, unconscious.

Anna turned to face him, sighing. "You didn't have to hit him that hard. Did you grab Liv?" 

"Yes, I did," Ben answered, looking away.

Anna followed his gaze to an unconscious Liv lying on the ground a few feet away. "Good. Grab them and let's go. I'm taking them to meet my mother and Cristian." 

-~-

Party 

(Song:) Out Tonight – The Steps

Matt was leaning against a tree with a beer in his hand.

Tyler sneaked up, swiping the beer out of his hand. "Swoop!" 

"Hey," Matt complained.

Tyler took a drink. "Ah. Where's your date?" 

"Who knows?" Matt asked. 

"Aw, is the honeymoon over already?" Tyler asked.

"Maybe," Matt answered.

"After all that grief you gave me about liking her, I figured it would have lasted longer than five minutes," Tyler told him. "At least it lasted longer than the last one." 

"You have no room to talk," Matt told him. "Your little thing with Alex ended before it even began."

"Whoa, boy, don't be too sure about that," Tyler told him. "Because at least I had an actual date to the dance."

"You went to a dance?" Matt asked skeptically. Tyler nodded. Matt sighed. "Look, I just--I don't know if I can do the whole public couple thing. She--she seems like she might be a little clingy." 

"Well, good," Tyler told him. "I need my boy single, anyway." He patted Matt's arm, looking off into the distance. "Oh, incoming." 

Caroline approached them, smiling. "Hey! There you are." 

"Here I am," Matt agreed. 

"Yeah, well, I'm not drunk enough, so I'm just gonna go get another beer," Tyler told them, walking away. 

"So..." Caroline trailed off. 

"So..." Matt replied.

"I have another speech," Caroline told him.

"Okay," Matt told her. 

"The hand thing, with Kaylin, it was lame," Caroline told him. "Well, I was lame. And, hey, your feelings for Kaylin aside, Damon was there, and he was always such a jerk to me." Matt looked at her in confusion. "And I wanted to show off that I was with a good guy."

"What are you talking about?" Matt asked. "Nothing happened with me and Kaylin."

Caroline looked at him curiously. "Wow. It must've ended really badly." Matt opened his mouth to speak. Caroline cut him off. "So, anyway, I was lame. So, forgiven?" 

Matt shook off his confusion, nodding. "Yeah, of course. Yeah." 

Caroline smiled in relief.

(Song Ends)

-

Underground Chamber 

Grams and Bonnie were standing in the middle of the circle of torches, facing each other, holding hands, eyes closed in concentration, chanting. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

"What are they saying?" Nicola asked.

"Sounds Latin," Stefan told them.

"I don't think it's Latin," Elena told them. 

Bonnie and Grams continued their spell. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos. Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos. Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

The flames on the torches burned higher and brighter. 

"What's happening?" Alex asked.

Bonnie and Grams finished their spell. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

The door to the tomb creaked open.

Bonnie and Grams looked toward the door. 

Bonnie sounded impressed. "It worked!" 

"Of course it did," Grams told her. 

Damon looked at Stefan. "We have some fires to build." 

Stefan looked at Elena. "I'm gonna go get the gasoline. I'll be right back."

"I'll come with," Kaylin told him.

Stefan and Kaylin walked out of the chamber, up the stairs to the ground above.

Damon looked from Bonnie and Grams to Alex. "You ready?" 

"What?" Elena asked. Alex nodded. Elena looked at her in confusion. "What is he talking about?" 

"The only thing that I had to do for him to agree to this was that I went in with him," Alex explained.

"Why?" Elena asked.

Damon looked at Bonnie and Grams. "So that they don't seal me in." 

Damon took Alex's arm. 

"Don't take her in," Nicola told him.

"Aw," Damon told her. He looked at Alex. "Nikki's worried about you. I'd take that as a compliment."

"I'll bring the walls down," Grams told him. 

"You'll bring the walls down if I don't," Damon replied. "You think I trust you?" 

"As much as I trust you," Grams answered. 

"Enough," Alex told them. "Both of you. Look, he needs leverage. He needs to know that you're not going to shut the door when he gets inside. I get it. I'll go." 

Elena shook her head. "Mm-mm. No. Alex, you're not going in there alone." 

Elena grabbed a flashlight, walking forward, walking past Damon and Alex, inside the tomb, waiting for them.

Damon smirked, grabbing a torch from the circle. "May I?" 

Damon walked past Alex and Elena into the tomb, leading the way.

Alex and Elena looked at Nicola, Bonnie and Grams, nodding reassuringly, following him inside. 

Nicola sighed an annoyed sigh, looking up to the stone ceiling above her.

-

Outside 

Stefan and Kaylin went to get the gasoline, starting to gather the cans. 

Ben appeared. "Dark down there?" 

Stefan and Kaylin looked toward him.

Jeremy and Liv were unconscious on the ground at his feet. 

"Thought I told you to leave," Kaylin told him.

"I considered it," Ben told her. "Then I thought, 'Screw you'." 

Kaylin smirked sarcastically. "That's the last mistake you'll ever make." 

Anna appeared behind Stefan and Kaylin. "Hey, hero, blondie." Kaylin and Stefan turned to face her. "I'm going down there to get my mother and Cristian." 

"I can't let you do that," Stefan told her. 

"Well, Ben's about to make a main course out of Liv and Jeremy," Anna told them. Ben knelt next to Liv, picking her up slightly off of the ground to prove her point. "So, you can stop me, or him. Your choice." 

Stefan took a step toward Anna.

Kaylin grabbed Stefan's arms to stop him.

Anna rushed into the tomb.

Stefan and Kaylin turned to face Ben. 

-

Tomb 

Damon led the way through the tomb with the torch lighting the way. Alex and Elena followed.

They heard whispers all around them.

"What is that?" Alex asked.

"They can sense the two of you," Damon answered. Alex and Elena let that sink in. "Now, where is she?" 

Damon walked away, leaving them behind.

"Damon!" Alex complained.

"Damon, this isn't funny," Elena told him. 

There was no answer. 

"Damon!" Alex called, turning on her flashlight, leading the way further into the tomb, trying to keep up with Damon.

Elena followed.

-

Underground Chamber 

Anna walked into the chamber.

Nicola turned to face her.

"Hey, you're not going in there," Bonnie told her.

"You think you can stop me?" Anna asked.

"Bonnie..." Grams trailed off in warning.

Bonnie reluctantly stepped aside.

Anna grabbed a flashlight, walking inside.

Nicola looked at Grams incredulously. "Why did you let her go in?" 

"Because she isn't coming out, Nicola," Grams told her. "None of them are." 

Nicola looked at her in confusion. "What did you do?" 

-

Outside 

Stefan and Kaylin were still facing off with Ben. 

"Do you really think she cares about you?" Stefan asked. "Hmm? You're disposable." 

"I don't care," Ben told them. "She already gave me what I want." 

"Are you gonna say 'eternal life'?" Kaylin asked. "You really that stupid?"

Ben took a step closer to them. "You know, I've heard about you. You don't feed. You're not strong enough to beat me." 

Kaylin smirked.

Ben rushed toward Kaylin.

Kaylin held her arm out simply, using it as a clothesline to make Ben fall to the ground. "I might not feed on warm, living, breathing, human bodies, but I still drink human blood. So, that not only makes you stupid." She grabbed Ben by the collar of his shirt angrily. "It also makes you wrong." 

Kaylin threw Ben into a nearby tree, making him fall to the ground.

Ben stood. "Is that all you got?" 

Stefan picked up the gasoline hose.

"No," Kaylin answered simply, shrugging smugly. "I got Stefan, who has this." 

Kaylin rushed out of the way of the hose, behind Ben.

Stefan ignited the torch, aiming the fire toward them.

Ben rushed to turn around and grab Kaylin, putting her in front of the flame to use her as a shield. Kaylin was faster and stronger than him, grabbing Ben putting him in front of the flame to use him as a shield, all while using vampire speed.

Ben was set ablaze. He screamed in agony. 

Kaylin let go of him quickly, backing away.

Ben flailed around, falling to the ground, dead.

Kaylin smirked, looking toward Stefan.

-

Tomb 

Alex and Elena remained together in the darkness, the only light shining the way coming from Alex's flashlight.

"Damon?" Alex asked. "Damon!" They heard the continuous whispering around them. Elena was startled, falling. "Elena!" She helped Elena stand. "You okay?" 

Elena nodded unconvincingly. "Yeah." 

Alex's flashlight beam landed on one of the desiccated vampires. They walked around the room, seeing more and more vampires.

Elena panicked, tripping over one of the vampires, gasping in shock. 

"Has anyone told you how much of a klutz you are?" Alex asked.

"You're not helping," Elena told her. 

The vampire's eyes opened, transformed in hunger.

Elena screamed.

"Shh!" Alex told her. "Shh! Shh!" She helped Elena stand. "It is okay." 

Elena breathed heavily.

Alex and Elena turned toward the exit. 

The flashlight beam landed on Anna.

Anna stepped closer. "Actually, no, it's not." 

-~-

Underground Chamber 

Stefan and Kaylin rejoined Nicola, Bonnie and Grams.

Stefan looked around. "Where are Alex and Elena?" 

"Damon took them inside," Bonnie answered.

"What?" Stefan asked worriedly, running toward the tomb.

Nicola grabbed his arm to stop him. "Stefan! If you go in there, you won't come out." 

Kaylin looked at Bonnie and Grams in confused suspicion. "What did you do?" 

"Opening the door didn't remove the seal," Grams told them. "It just opened the door." 

"What's the seal?" Kaylin asked.

"Some seals keep vampires from entering," Grams told them. "This one keeps them from coming out."

"Alex and Elena are human," Stefan told them. "They can leave."

"Anna, Pearl, Cristian and Katherine can't," Nicola told them. She blinked. "Damon can't." 

Kaylin looked at Grams. "You were never planning on breaking the seal, were you?" 

"I told you," Grams told her, taking a step back to stand next to Bonnie. "I will protect my own. Alex and Elena can get out. That's all that matters." 

-

Tomb 

Anna held a flashlight toward Alex and Elena. "You two must have a taste for it. You scream, and shriek, and even bother to escape, but then you just come right back to it." Elena tripped over a desiccated version of Pearl, falling back to the ground. Anna noticed, worried in an instant. "Mother!" She knelt to her mother's side. Alex helped Elena stand, both of them backing away. Anna looked at a desiccated version of Cristian a few feet away from Pearl, smiling in relief. "Cris!" She stood, turning to face Alex and Elena in complete seriousness, looking at Elena. "Your boyfriend did this, you know." 

"His father did," Elena corrected. 

"And Jonathan Gilbert," Anna added. "I made a choice a long time ago that it would be Gilbert blood that would wake them up. I had Jeremy and Liv all ready to go, but..." 

Alex and Elena realized what Anna meant, turning around, running toward the exit.

Anna rushed in front of them to stop them, grabbing both of them.

"No!" Alex told her.

Anna pulled them toward Pearl and Cristian. She bit Elena's wrist, holding it to Pearl's lips. She bit Alex's neck, holding her head toward Cristian. 

Pearl drank from Elena's wrist.

Cristian drank from Alex's neck.

Alex and Elena screamed. 

-

Underground Chamber 

Nicola, Kaylin, Stefan, Bonnie and Grams heard the echos of Alex and Elena's screams.

Stefan rushed inside the tomb.

Kaylin rushed after him to stop him. "Stefan!"

"Kaylin!" Nicola told her. "Don't."

Grams put herself in between Kaylin and the doorway. 

Nicola tried to pull Kaylin away. 

Kaylin looked at Grams. "Move out of my way."

"Kaylin," Nicola told her. "Don't."

Bonnie looked at Grams. "You can't just leave him in there, Grams!" 

"He made his choice!" Grams told them. 

Nicola let go of Kaylin anxiously, pacing away from them, running her hands through her hair. "No." 

"Here," Bonnie told them, turning away, picking up the grimoire, looking desperately at Grams. "Just show me what to do. I'll do it."

"We are not strong enough," Grams told her. "Even if we were able to bring the seal down, there's no guarantee that we could get it back up again."

"You said it yourself, many things can fuel a witch's power," Bonnie told her. "Help me, or I'll do it alone." 

Grams looked at her granddaughter worriedly.

-

Tomb 

Anna continued to hold Alex and Elena still so Pearl and Cristian could feed even while they struggled.

"No, please, don't!" Alex told her.

Anna looked at Pearl and Cristian. "I'm gonna get both of you out."

Stefan ran in. "Let them go!" 

Stefan grabbed Anna, pushing her aside.

"No!" Anna told him.

Stefan grabbed Elena, pulling her up, pushing her toward the exit. "Go. Go." He grabbed Alex, pulling her up, pushing her toward the exit. "I'm right behind you."

Alex and Elena ran away. 

Anna began to chase Alex and Elena. 

Stefan stood in her way to stop her.

Cristian opened his eyes, color returning to his skin. "Anna." 

Anna turned to Pearl and Cristian, instantly kneeling next to them, holding either of their heads, crying happily.

Pearl opened her eyes. "Annabelle." 

-

Underground Chamber 

Alex and Elena rejoined Kaylin, Nicola, Bonnie and Grams.

"Elena, Stefan..." Kaylin trailed off.

"He's right behind us," Elena told them. Stefan approached them, unable to pass through the threshold. Elena turned to face him worriedly. "Stefan, what are you doing?"

"It's gonna be okay," Bonnie told them. "We'll fix it."

"What is it?" Alex asked. 

"I can't," Stefan told them.

"Can't?" Elena repeated. "Can't what?" 

"The spell's still up," Nicola told them. "They can't get them out. Yet." 

Elena looked at Stefan. "You went in there not knowing if you can come back out?" Stefan looked down. "Oh, my God." 

Stefan looked up. "I heard you scream." 

Alex looked at them in worried realization. "We can't leave him in there. We promised him. All of us."

Stefan nodded. "I know." 

"Even if we're able to break the seal, we won't be able to hold it for long," Grams told them.

Stefan nodded, turning around, going to get Damon. 

-

Tomb 

Damon was still searching the tomb for Katherine. Frustrated, he kicked the dirt on the ground. "She's not here."

-

Underground Chamber 

 Bonnie and Grams started the spell to lower the seal. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos." Alex and Elena circled around them, watching anxiously. Nicola waited by the entrance. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

Nicola looked around in realization. "Where's Kaylin?"  She realized that Kaylin went into the tomb to help Stefan convince Damon to leave the tomb, turning around to look into the tomb in worry. "Kaylin!"

-

Tomb 

Damon was still searching, looking at the blood bag in his hand.

Stefan and Kaylin approached him.

"Damon," Kaylin told him.

"She's not here," Damon told them.

"What?" Stefan asked.

"She's not here!" Damon yelled in anger, anguish and betrayal, throwing it into the stone wall, making the bag burst and the blood splatter over the wall and floor.

Stefan and Kaylin looked at Damon worriedly. 

-

Underground Chamber 

Bonnie and Grams continued their spell. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos. Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

The flames on the torches burned higher and brighter.

Nicola turned to look into the tomb. "I think it's working." 

Anna walked out of the tomb, holding Pearl and Cristian, helping them out of the tomb. "I just wanted my family back." She looked at Alex and Elena. "Jeremy and Liv are fine. They're outside. I won't touch them."

Anna, Pearl and Cristian walked out of the tomb. 

The torches began to falter.

"Bonnie, keep going!" Grams urged. She looked at Nicola. "They better hurry." 

Nicola looked back into the tomb, her voice echoing as she yelled into the darkness. "Stefan, Kaylin! They can't hold it much longer!" 

The torches started to extinguish themselves one by one.

Bonnie and Grams both looked faint. 

Nicola took a deep breath of realization, knowing what she had to do to save her family. She sighed in defeat, turning around, running into the tomb. 

Alex looked after her worriedly. "Nicola!"

-

Tomb 

Stefan and Kaylin were still trying to convince Damon to leave the tomb.

"Damon, we need to get out of here," Kaylin told him.

"It doesn't make sense," Damon told them. "They locked her inside."

"If we don't leave now, we're not getting out," Kaylin told him.

"How could she not be in here?" Damon asked.

"It's not worth spending eternity down here," Kaylin told him. "She's not worth it!" 

"No!" Damon told them, angrily pushing them away.

They heard the approach of running footsteps, looking behind Stefan and Kaylin to see who it was.

Nicola appeared out of the darkness. "Damon! Please." 

Kaylin, Damon and Stefan looked at Nicola in surprise for a moment.

Damon walked forward, walking past them, toward the entrance of the tomb.

Stefan, Nicola and Kaylin followed him.

-

Underground Chamber 

Bonnie and Grams continued their spell. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos. Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

Bonnie gasped for air, putting her hands on her knees for balance. "Oh, my God! I can't!"

"Yes, you can," Grams told her.

Bonnie and Grams continued their spell. "Phesmatos salves nas ex malon, terra mora vantis quo incandis, et vasa quo signos."

Damon, Stefan, Nicola and Kaylin walked out of the tomb.

The last of the torches extinguished itself. 

Elena ran into Stefan's arms in relief. 

Nicola turned to face Kaylin, wrapping her arms around her. Kaylin returned the embrace.

Damon stood at the entrance to the chamber, completely numb.

Alex looked toward him in sympathy.

-~-

Party 

(Song:) All You Do Is Talk – Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Caroline was talking to a group of friends. Among them was Kacie and Eliza.

Caroline looked toward Matt.

Matt was leaning against his truck.

They smiled at each other.

Eliza noticed the exchange, looking at Caroline. "What are you waiting for? Go talk to him."

Caroline smiled, walking away from them, approaching Matt. 

"Is this for real?" Matt asked.

"Is what for real?" Caroline asked.

"You being all cool and honest and open," Matt answered. 

Caroline took a step closer. "Speech number three? I want this to work. And I'm scared that you're gonna change your mind, and you're not gonna want it. I don't want to mess it up."

"I don't want to mess it up, either," Matt told her. 

Matt and Caroline smiled, leaning their foreheads against each other.

(Song Ends) 

-

Tomb - Outside 

Stefan, Alex and Elena walked out of the tomb, running toward Jeremy and Liv as they were starting to wake up.

"Liv?" Elena asked worriedly. "Jeremy?"

"They're okay," Stefan told them. Alex and Elena knelt next to Jeremy and Liv. Jeremy groaned. Liv held her head. "They're all right." 

Damon walked out of the tomb, in despair.

Alex looked toward him for a moment, standing, walking toward him, wrapping her arms around him, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I'm sorry." 

-

Grams' House - Hallway 

Grams walked unsteadily toward her room.

Bonnie gently grabbed her arm to guide her. "Hey, let me help you."

"Oh, I'm fine," Grams told her. "You don't need to coddle me, baby." 

"It was a big spell, Grams," Bonnie told her. "I could tell it took a lot out of you."

"I'll be fine," Grams told her, continuing to walk unsteadily toward her room.

Bonnie watched her go worriedly.

-

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room 

Elena held two glasses of water and aspirin, walking toward Alex, Jeremy and Liv on Jeremy's bed, handing them to Jeremy and Liv. "How's your guys' heads?" 

"Uh, it's all right," Liv answered. Jeremy and Liv took the remedies for pain. "I just--I wish I knew how I passed out. It was probably Luke. You know, a farewell prank for me to remember him by."

Alex smiled a small smile. "Yeah, probably. Sounds like Luke." 

"I wouldn't be able to use that excuse, but I didn't drink that much, I swear," Jeremy told them. 

"And neither of you remember anything?" Alex asked.

"The whole thing's pretty cloudy," Jeremy told them. "I just--I know how this looks. I'm sorry."

"No, Jeremy, don't be sorry," Elena told him. "Neither you or Liv did anything, okay?" 

"Yeah, okay," Liv told them. 

"We've gotta head over to Bonnie's for a little bit, but is there anything that either of you need?" Alex asked.

"No," Liv answered. "I'm just--I'm gonna crash." 

"Yeah, me, too," Jeremy told them.

"Okay, well, Jenna's here, and we'll be back soon," Alex told them.

Alex and Elena stood, walking out of the room, leaving.

Liv looked at Jeremy. "Night, Jer." 

"Night, Liv," Jeremy told her.

Liv smiled a small smile, standing, walking out of the room, walking across the hall toward her own.

Jeremy stood, walking toward the computer, Googling the word 'Vampire'. 

-

Motel Room  

Anna helped Pearl and Cristian into the room, turning on the light.

Damon was sitting in a chair. "You knew Katherine wasn't in there." 

"You wouldn't have helped me," Anna told him meekly. Damon rushed toward them, pushing Anna to the floor, grabbing Pearl and Cristian's throats. "No! No!" 

"Why do you get a happy ending?" Damon demanded.

"Damon, please!" Anna told him, scrambling to stand. "You wouldn't have helped me, you know you wouldn't have!" 

"Why do you get it and I don't?" Damon demanded.

Cristian forced himself to speak. "The guard. The one at the church. The one who locked us in. She promised to turn him." 

"He was obsessed with her," Pearl told him. "She had him under her spell, like everybody else. He let her go." 

Damon looked at them for a moment, believing them, letting them go.

Anna held either of them as if she would never let go. "Last I saw her was Chicago, 1983. She knew where you were, Damon. She didn't care." Damon looked unbelievably hurt. "Sorry." 

(Song:) Run – Leona Lewis

Anna wrapped her arms around Pearl and Cristian, crying. 

Damon hesitantly walked out of the room, leaving. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Hallway 

Stefan was on the phone.

Elena's voice was on the other line. "We just got to Grams'." 

"Everything all right?" Stefan asked.

Elena was in the hallway of Grams' house. "Yeah. How's Damon? Is he gonna be okay?" 

"I don't know," Stefan told her. "Can I call you later?" 

"Yeah, of course," Elena answered.

Stefan hung up, looking into the parlor to see Damon and Kaylin sitting together on the couch, facing the fireplace. He slowly approached them, sitting on the other side of Damon. The three of them looked into the flames, staying completely silent. 

Nicola was standing in the door frame behind them, leaning against it, watching. 

None of them spoke. 

-

Grams' House - Grams' Room 

Grams was lying on her bed, sleeping. 

Bonnie walked into the room, carrying a cup of tea for her. "Here you go, Grams." She placed the tea on the nightstand, pulling the covers up over Grams. She looked down at her, getting the feeling that something was wrong. "Grams?" She sat down on the bed, starting to shake Grams. "Grams! Grams, wake up! Grams! Grams!" She realized that her grandmother was dead, starting to cry sobbing. "Alex!" She took a deep breath. "Elena!" Elena and Alex walked into the room in confusion, taking in the scene. "Help! Wake up! She's not breathing! She's just not breathing! Please, wake up!" 

Elena ran out of the room, grabbing the phone, calling 911.

Bonnie stood.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"I'm gonna fix it," Bonnie answered. "It's okay, I can fix this!" 

"Bonnie..." Alex trailed off.

Elena spoke into her phone. "Yes, I need an ambulance to Oak Street. It's an emergency, quick." 

Bonnie grabbed the grimoire, flipping through the pages, trying to find to bring her Grams back.

Alex gently grabbed Bonnie's shoulders. "Bonnie. Bonnie." 

"No!" Bonnie told her. "No! I can fix it! Grams, I can fix this!" 

"Bonnie!" Alex told her. "Bonnie! Bonnie." 

Bonnie continued to cry in despair and denial.

Alex wrapped her arms around Bonnie, trying to comfort her. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Tomb 

The blood bag that Damon had thrown dripped down from the wall.

A vampire sat below the pool of blood on the wall.

The blood dripped toward him.

The vampire stood, opening the door of the tomb, weakly, unsteadily walking outside. He looked at the stone ceiling above him, finally free.

-~-

1.15 "A Few Good Men" Trailer

(Song:) If I Was Your Vampire - Marilyn Manson

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in Stefan's room, Damon and Alex stood facing each other.

Damon was shirtless. "Did you know that I'm one of Mystic Falls' most eligible bachelors?"

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the Grill, Carol was introducing the Bachelors on the stage, including Damon and Alaric.

FOR SALE

ONE BACHELORS 

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the Grill, Caroline, Eliza, Alex, Elena and Matt were standing together by the bachelor raffle ticket table.

Caroline was explaining to the girls. "He's total cougar bait." 

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the Grill, Carol moved along to Damon. "And last, but not least..."

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon was dancing and drinking the blood of several compelled sorority girls in the room.

Carol: (voice over from 1.15 A Few Good Men) "Damon Salvatore."

SLIGHTLY DAMAGED 

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in Town Square, Stefan and Alaric were talking.

"Damon isn't stable right now," Stefan told him.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the parlor of the Salvatore Boarding House, Alaric and Damon were in a confrontation.

"What have you done with my wife?" Alaric asked.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", outside the Grill, Stefan, Elena and Alex were talking.

Elena and Alex looked angry and betrayed.

"Damon was the vampire that killed her?" Alex asked.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were talking.

"What's your point?" Damon asked.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", outside the Grill, Alex and Elena were being confronted by a man.

The man backed into the street.

A car ran into him, killing him.

Alex and Elena gasped, looking on in horror. 

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola was pouring herself a drink.

Kaylin walked in. "I'm guessing you're not going to the bachelor raffle."

"Where ever in the world did you get that idea, Kaylin?" Nicola asked sarcastically. Kaylin smirked.

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the Grill, Jenna, Alex, Elena and Kacie were sitting together at a table, smiling.

Nicola: (voice over from 1.15 A Few Good Men) "Desperate woman to get a date..."

Liv was standing alone in the crowd, looking over her shoulder toward Jenna, Elena, Alex and Kacie.

Nicola: (voice over fro 1.15 A Few Good Men) "That they have to win instead of earn."

Carol glared a warning glare toward Kacie.

Kacie waved sarcastically, smiling smugly.

Nicola: (voice over from 1.15 A Few Good Men) "The bachelors that they don't even know anything about."

  Liv laughed quietly, sitting down on the other side of Jenna.   

Caroline and Eliza were sitting at a table, selling tickets, smiling.

 Nicola: (voice over from 1.15 A Few Good Men) "And who could be serial killers waiting to slice them into pieces..."

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola and Kaylin were still talking.

Nicola shook her head. "No, thank you."

Kaylin smiled, kneeling on the couch, leaning against the back of it to face Nicola from across the table. "So, what do you say to our own little drinking party?"

Nicola looked tempted.

Kaylin smiled, taking the bottle from Nicola's hand, taking a drink. 

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 787 43
I decided to create this because I already have an imagines book and I didn't want to combine this into that so it's separate. Please check out my im...
31.9K 469 25
All plot rights go to the CW and executive producers, writers and their character development. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert/Valentina Petrova/Poppy...
556K 9.3K 115
I mean what could i say.
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...