Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 12 - Unpleasantville

2K 29 12
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Tyler: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Damon looked at the picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.09 "History Repeating", on the football field, Stefan and Damon were sitting next to each other.

Stefan sat up. "Wasn't real, Damon." Damon looked at him in confusion. "Our love for Katherine."

They stood.

"I'm gonna bring her back," Damon told him.

Stefan looked at Damon in shock.

From 1.09 "History Repeating", outside the school, Stefan and Damon were talking.

"There's a tomb underneath the church," Damon told him. "The spell sealed Katherine in that tomb, protecting her."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in the public library, Jeremy and Anna were kneeling on the floor.

"I'm Anna," Anna told him.

Jeremy rubbed his head, laughing. "I'm Jeremy."   

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in the Lockwood Mansion's study, Kacie sat at the desk, opening the journal.

George Lockwood, 1864.

Kacie flipped through the journal, reading. 

The sketch was of a vampire in transformation.

Kacie looked at it in confused shock, recognizing it. She remembered the night at the bonfire when Damon attacked her, the dreams that he had given her in the hospital, and the attack on the side of the road after the car wash, remembering that Damon had compelled her to remain quiet. She looked scared, wondering if she was hallucinating or confusing the attacks, closing her eyes, slamming a hand over the drawing in denial.

Anna: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "You know, my great-grandfather actually showed me a journal. He had written all of this creepy stuff about vampires."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in the library, Jeremy, Liv and Kacie were here, sitting on the floor in a circle, leaning against the shelves behind them, work spread around them.

Anna was sitting next to them. 

Kacie closed the Lockwood journal, placing it on the floor next to her.   

Anna handed a file folder to Kacie.

Kacie took it. "What is it?"

"Proof," Anna answered. "Sort of."

Kacie opened the folder, revealing a stack of papers inside.

Animal Attack

Campers Found Mauled

Two Local Girls Survive Deadly Animal Attack

Kacie looked away from the last article quickly. She pulled her attention away from the conversation, becoming overwhelmed, seeing flashes of memories of Damon tormenting her repeatedly. She blinked, looking away, in denial.

Kacie shook her head quickly, grabbing her bag and her note pad. "I gotta go."

Kacie stood, running toward the steps.

"Kacie," Liv told her. "Kace! Wait! Kacie!"

Kacie continued to run down the steps, around the curve, leaving. 

Anna looked guilty. "What did I do?"

Liv and Jeremy didn't answer, exchanging a look.

Anna noticed that Kacie had forgotten the Lockwood journal, slowly picking it up, examining it curiously. 

From 1.09 "History Repeating", in the Grill, Alaric and Jenna sat at the bar.

"Any sad relationship stories?" Jenna asked.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in flashback, Alaric was with his wife, lying with her in bed, kissing her forehead.

Alaric: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Fell in love, married young..."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in flashback, Alaric returned home to find Damon holding his wife's body in his arms, feeding from her.

Alaric: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Wife died."

From 1.10 "The Turning Point", in Stefan's room, Stefan and Elena were in bed. Stefan held her in his arms.

"I've never been in your room before," Elena told him.

From 1.10 "The Turning Point", in Stefan's room, Elena stood, looking through everything, looking at the shelves of Stefan's journals. She smelled the scent of a nearby candle. She looked at the table next to it, stopping in horror. She was holding Katherine's picture, dropping it.

Elena: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Who am I to you?"

Stefan: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "You are not Katherine."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in Stefan's room, Elena and Stefan were sitting together.

  "Why do I look like her?" Elena asked. "Why does Alex look like her?"   

"You and Alex were adopted, Elena," Stefan told her.

Elena looked at him in disbelief and denial.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", on the road, The vampire was standing in the middle of the road in front of Alex's car.

Alex noticed him a second too late, gasping, trying to stop the car. The car hit the vampire in the road, flipping over, rolling down the road.

Alex looked outside of the car.

The vampire snapped his bones back into place, healing, standing.

Alex was in shock, trying to break free. "Oh, my God."

The vampire stalked closer.

Alex screamed in terror.

The vampire rushed away.

Damon appeared in front of the car, kneeling next to the open window.

Alex gasped. 

-~-

Day One

Night - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Stefan and Elena were sitting together on Elena's bed.

Alex was sitting cross-legged on hers. "Stefan, who was that man on the road?" 

"I don't know," Stefan told her. "Do you know anything else about him?" 

Alex shook her head. "I wish. I never saw his face. He was wearing a hoodie. All I can remember is that there was these black boots coming toward me." 

Stefan nodded, standing, walking toward Elena's desk, grabbing a box, walking toward Elena's bed, setting the box down. "I have some vervain. For Liv, Jeremy and Jenna and whoever." Alex stood, walking toward them, sitting next to Elena. Stefan opened the box to reveal vervain and jewelry, picking up a strapped bracelet with a single pendant. "I made this one for Jeremy." He picked up a necklace. "I made this one for Liv..." 

Alex looked as if she had gotten an idea. "I actually have been wanting to give Liv a necklace for a while. It was supposed to be for her birthday, but then..." 

Stefan nodded. "Okay." 

Elena took the necklace from Stefan, looking it over. "Anyway, this necklace would suit Eliza so much better."

Alex smiled.

"I made a few extra ones for friends," Stefan told them. "You can put it in jewelry or food and drink. As long as it's in you or on you, a vampire can not control you." 

"Wow," Elena told them. "So much to remember." 

"I know," Stefan told them. "But there's a new vampire in town, and until we find out who it is, and what he wants, we have to be careful."

Elena nodded.

Alex seemed thoughtful. 

-

Downstairs - Kitchen

Jeremy was sketching another vampire face, sitting at the kitchen table.

-

Foyer

The doorbell rang.

Liv walked downstairs, about to open the front door. She stopped when she saw Jeremy. "You couldn't get it?" 

"I knew you would," Jeremy told her.

Liv smiled, rolling her eyes, turning away, opening the front door. 

A pizza guy stood there with pizza in his hand, smiling at Liv. "Hey." He opened the pizza bag, starting to take it out. "It's gonna be $22." 

Liv turned to looked upstairs. "Alex, I need the money."

"Liv, come here," Jeremy told her.

Liv looked at the pizza guy. "Uh, here, come in. Just put it on the table." 

Liv turned around, walking toward Jeremy.

The pizza guy smirked, stepping over the threshold, putting the pizza on the table. 

-

Kitchen

Liv leaned against the back of Jeremy's chair. "What?" 

"I figured you'd like this one better than the last," Jeremy answered, holding up his sketch pad.

Liv looked at the vampire. "Awesome. Creepy. Vampire. Really cool." 

"You want it?" Jeremy asked.

"Well, hell, yeah," Liv answered

Jeremy chuckled, tearing the drawing carefully from the sketch pad, handing it up to Liv.

-

Foyer 

Alex walked downstairs, smiling at the pizza guy, handing him some money. "Keep the change." 

The pizza guy nodded, smiling. "You have a nice night."

"Thanks," Alex told him. 

The pizza guy walked out of the house.

Alex closed the door behind him.

The pizza guy turned around, pulling the hood of his black hoodie over his head, walking away, looking exactly like the vampire from the road, revealing who he really was.

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

-

Day Two

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

The library was a mess of books. 

Damon was digging through them, tossing them. 

Nicola walked toward him, leaning against the book case. "What are you looking for, Damon?" 

"Not your concern," Damon told her.

"Well, technically--" Nicola started.

"Yes, technically, this is your house with your things, but I'm looking for something of mine," Damon told her. "Sort of." 

Nicola opened her mouth to say something.

Stefan and Kaylin walked in before Nicola said something to make things worse.

"But putting Alex in harm's way, that is my concern," Stefan told him.

Nicola rolled her eyes, pushing away from the book shelf.

Damon looked at Stefan. "Hmm, what are you talking about?" 

"I'm talking about Atlanta," Stefan answered. 

"Oh, yeah," Damon told them. "Alex and I had a blast." 

"I get it," Kaylin told him, smiling a taunting smile. Damon looked at her. "You're bitter because one of you gets to be with the person that you love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. That what Bree said?" 

"I know you're better than that when you're fishing," Damon told her.

"And I know you're transparent when you're deflecting," Kaylin replied. 

Damon looked at the three of them. "Don't you three have school? Goes for you, too, Cola. You ditched... how many days now?" 

Nicola used his words against him. "Not your concern." Damon narrowed his eyes at her. Kaylin smirked. Nicola grabbed her bag, sighing an annoyed sigh. "And would you stop calling me that?" 

Nicola turned around, walking out of the room. 

Kaylin looked at her brothers for a moment, turning around, following Nicola.

-

Hallway

Nicola walked toward the living room.

Kaylin followed. "Hey."

"Yeah?" Nicola asked.

"Here," Kaylin told her, holding out a cloth baggie with a drawstring, placing it in Nicola's hand. "It's vervain. I have more." 

"Thanks, Kaylin," Nicola told her, putting the baggie into her leather jacket pocket. "Seriously." 

Kaylin smiled.

-

Gilbert House - Top Floor Hallway 

Liv walked out of her room with her bag over her shoulder.

Alex and Elena walked toward her.

"Hey, Liv," Elena told her. "Can we talk to you for a second?" 

"Sure," Liv answered. "What about?" 

"Well, actually, I wanted to give you something," Alex explained. "But it was expensive, so we both had to chip in a little bit, so you better not lose it. Got it?" 

"Lose what?" Liv asked.  Alex smiled, holding out a necklace locket. The pendant was big and round, hanging from the silver, delicate chain. There was an eight-pointed star carved into the pendant, with a December birthstone placed in the middle.  Liv slowly took the necklace, looking up, smiling a small, slightly surprised smile, in awe, looking at Alex and Elena. "What's this for? I've been a total bitch to you guys the last couple of months." 

"Well, you had a reason to," Alex told her. "But, you've changed a lot, so... That, and Jenna heard from your teachers, and she told us that you're not skipping anymore classes, and that you're gonna pass the semester if you keep it up. I thought you deserved something for turning things around so quickly." 

Liv smiled, holding the necklace up for her to see, slightly tilting her head, dangling the chain. "Thanks."

Elena looked happy to see her good reaction. "Look on the back, Liv." 

Liv looked at them.

Elena nodded.

Liv turned the pendant over with her other hand. 

On the back, the letters OMG were engraved in black, cursive lettering.

"Olivia Michelle Gilbert," Liv whispered.

"Yeah," Elena answered. She pointed at the necklace. "Need help?" 

Liv nodded.

Elena took the necklace, standing behind Liv. Liv held up her hair, out of the way. Elena clasped the necklace, letting it go. Liv let her hair fall back down naturally.

Alex and Elena exchanged a look, smiling. 

"Can you guys give me a ride?" Liv asked.

"Absolutely," Alex answered. "But we have to use Elena's car."

"Yeah, because you totaled yours," Liv told her tauntingly, walking toward the stairs. 

Elena smiled, following Liv.

"Hey," Alex told them in defense, smiling, following them. "We don't know if it's totaled or not." 

They walked downstairs, walking out of the house, closing the door behind them. 

-

Outside 

They walked down the porch steps. 

Alex looked at Liv. "Are you going to the dance tomorrow night?" 

"Wasn't planning on it," Liv answered, looking at them. "Why?" 

"Well, it's your first high school dance of your freshman year," Alex told her. "High school is meant to create memories. You should take advantage of high school experiences that come your way." 

"If you say, 'high school' one more time, I'm gonna hit you," Liv told her. Alex chuckled. "Counted, like, three times in your little monologue." 

Elena laughed. "Then go, Liv." 

Liv groaned. "Fine. But only if you guys leave me alone about it." 

Alex, Elena and Liv smiled, walking forward. 

-

Mystic Falls High School - Alaric's Classroom 

Jeremy was sitting in front of the classroom, getting ready to leave.

Alaric stood in front of him, dropping a packet in front of him. 

Jeremy picked it up, looking it over.

Fact or Fiction:

The Myths of Mystic Falls 

By: 

Jeremy Gilbert

Liv Gilbert

Kacie Lockwood 

There was a large, red "A" surrounded by a circle. 

Jeremy smiled.

"Surprised?" Alaric asked. "It's a good essay. I could even see when one of you took over for a section, so I know that you did the work equally. You, Liv, Kacie. Your thoughts are clear, and your arguments are well laid out. It's just, uh, you don't actually think there are vampires or werewolves in Mystic Falls."

"No," Jeremy answered. "I mean, we think statistically, there's been more animal attacks, mysterious deaths, uh, people gone missing, more than any other place in the whole commonwealth of Virginia."

Alaric sat at his desk, smiling. "It's conjecture, but creative, which is why you guys got the 'A'. I just wouldn't get too, uh, caught up in the whole conspiracy theory of it all." 

"Ah, I won't," Jeremy told her, standing. "Not that I'm saying that some of us aren't." 

"What do you mean?" Alaric asked.

"It's just that, uh, Kacie, she gets intense over these things," Jeremy explained. "I think it's because of the attacks, but, hey, what do I know?" 

Jeremy stood, walking toward the door.

"Oh, uh, Jeremy, the sources that you, Kacie and Liv cited for the 1860s info, Jonathon Gilbert and George Lockwood," Alaric told him.

"Oh, our ancestors' journals?" Jeremy asked.

"Uh, my AI'd really like to see that sometime," Alaric told him. 

"Really?" Jeremy asked.

"First person account of the Civil War?" Alaric asked. "And not from one perspective, but two? That's like, uh, porn for a history teacher." 

Jeremy put his bag on the desk, pulling out the Gilbert Journal. "You think the essay's creative, wait till you get a load of this thing." He put the journal on the desk. "I'll talk to Kacie about getting the Lockwood Journal." 

"Thank you," Alaric told him, picking up the journal.

Jeremy grabbed his bag, nodding to Alaric, turning around, walking out of the room.

Alaric began to read the journal. 

-

Hallway 

Eliza and Alex were walking together down the hallway.

Eliza looked at the necklace around her neck. "It's so pretty. I love it." She let it go, looking at Alex. "Why'd you give it to me?"

"Well, no one's seen you much since what happened, Eliza, and I figured you could need something to make it up to you," Alex told her.

They stopped at Eliza's locker.

Eliza smiled, working the combination. "Thank you. Though you don't have to give it to me. You're not the one who did it." 

"I know that, Eliza, but... still," Alex told her. Eliza opened her locker, putting her books inside. "Are you gonna go to the dance?" 

"Well, gee, duh, I was on the committee," Eliza told her, pulling out a scarf from her locker. Alex smiled. "Will I see you there?" Eliza put the scarf around her neck, smiling teasingly. "Maybe with Tyler?" 

Alex smiled. "Possibly." Eliza chuckled, closing her locker. They walked down the hall. Alex looked down the hall. "Oh, speaking of which..." 

Eliza followed her gaze down the hall. 

Tyler was standing next to the wall down the hallway. 

Eliza looked at Alex, smiling. "Well? What are you waiting for?" She nodded down the hall. "Go talk to him." 

Alex smiled a small smile, walking down the hall toward Tyler. "Hey." 

"You looking for somebody?" Tyler asked. "Thought you got allergic to conversation." 

Alex smiled. "Sorry. I've just had a lot of going on lately." She pulled out a bracelet strap, handing it to Tyler. "I wanted to give you this." 

Tyler smiled, taking the bracelet. "Why are you giving this to me?" 

Alex tilted her head. "Well... You said to give you a chance, and I figured that we could have a signal. As long as you want to go out with me, you can wear that. If you don't, you take it off." 

Tyler smiled, sliding it onto his wrist. He raised it to his nose to smell. "What's that?" 

Alex shrugged. "Some herb that the people at the store I bought it at put on." She smiled. "They said it was for good luck." 

Tyler nodded. "I won't take it off as long as you want to give me the chance." 

Alex smiled. "Thank you." 

Tyler tilted his head. "So is this you calling me?" 

Alex rolled her eyes. "How about tonight at the Grill?" 

Tyler nodded. "Okay. Sounds like a plan." 

They looked at each other for a moment.

Alex took a deep breath. "Hey, where is Kacie? I've been looking everywhere for her." 

"She should be here," Tyler told her. "She has to be here tonight, though. She has to be here to earn extra credit from the dance." 

Alex smiled. "So does Jer, and Liv." 

"You want me to help you find Kacie?" Tyler asked. "She's been really edgy and off lately."

"She was attacked and singled out twice," Alex pointed out. "That's gotta have an effect." 

"I don't know," Tyler told her. "It just seems... more than that." 

Alex looked at him in realization. "You're really worried about her, aren't you?" 

"Don't tell her about that," Tyler told her.

Alex smiled a small smile, realizing that if it had Tyler worried, than it must have been something big.

-

Outside 

Elena and Caroline were walking together.

Caroline looked at the necklace Elena had given her. "It's so pretty. Thank you. God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" 

"No occasion," Elena answered. "Just a little friend gift." 

They sat down together at a table.

"Lesbian friend necklace?" Caroline asked teasingly. "'Cause we're freaky like that?" 

Caroline winked. 

"Your friendship is important to me," Elena told her. 

"Why are you being so mushy?" Caroline asked. 

"Because you've been avoiding me, and I wanted you to know that whatever is going on with you and Matt, it's okay," Elena told her. 

Caroline hesitated. "I was gonna talk to you about that. I was, but there's just not much to say. We've hung out a couple times. That's it, but... I just feel like we've peaked as friends." Elena nodded. "This is weird. I shouldn't be talking to you about this. It's weird. It's weird, right?" 

Elena smiled. "It's a little weird, but if it's what you and Matt want, then it's not about me. He should get the chance to move on." 

"But that's just it, Elena," Caroline told her. "I already talked to Kaylin about this, and she said it was okay, but Matt is acting like he's completely okay... with everything. Like he's completely forgot about it." 

Elena knew why this was. "If Matt's moving on from Kaylin, then you shouldn't question it, Caroline. Be happy about it." 

Caroline nodded, looking away.

-

Elsewhere 

Kacie was walking along the courtyard.

Liv saw her, walking up to her. "Hey. Alex is looking for you." 

"Let me guess," Kacie told her. "You were worried about me, and you told her thinking that she could help me."

Liv hesitated, looking away. "Yeah, that's totally what happened. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine, Liv," Kacie told her. "I'm fine." 

"Okay, I'll pretend like I didn't see you freaking out in the library and taking off, then," Liv told her. 

Kacie gave her a sarcastic look.

Jeremy approached them. "Hey." 

"Hey," Liv told him.

Jeremy held up the essay. "Guess what?" 

Liv smiled in shock, hitting Jeremy on the shoulder. "We got an A?"

Kacie smiled.

Jeremy laughed, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah." He looked at Kacie. "But, oh, Mr. Saltzman wants to know if he could borrow George Lockwood's Journal. I already gave him Jonathon Gilbert's."

"You gave him the Gilbert Journal?" Liv repeated skeptically.

"No, I didn't give it to him, Liv, I loaned it to him," Jeremy told her. "And he was wondering if Kacie could loan him the Lockwood Journal." 

"Can't," Kacie told them.

"What do you mean?" Jeremy asked.

Kacie gave Liv a significant look, using her words. "I forgot it at the library the day I started freaking out and then took off." Liv smiled awkwardly. Kacie looked at Jeremy. "When I went back for it, it was gone."

"Oh," Jeremy told them. "Okay, well, I'll just go tell him, then."

"You do that," Kacie told him.

"See you later," Liv told him. Jeremy turned around, walking away. Liv looked at Kacie. "Hey, are you going to the dance tomorrow?" 

"Yeah," Kacie answered. "I have to. Getting extra credit." She looked at Liv curiously, teasingly. "Why? Are you?" 

"Alex and Elena are making me," Liv explained.

Kacie smiled, laughing. "Well, that sure does sound like them. Speak of one-half of the devil..."

"And they shall appear," Liv finished.

Alex approached them. "Hey, Liv, can I talk to Kacie?" 

"Sure," Liv told them. "See you, Kacie." 

"Bye, Liv," Kacie told her.

Liv walked away, leaving.

Alex looked at Kacie. "You know, it's bad when you hang out with your best friend's little siblings more than you hang out with your best friend."

"Well, where the hell have you been lately?" Kacie replied. "It's like you've totally disappeared."

Alex shrugged slightly. "Sorry." There was a beat of silence. "You okay?" 

"Yeah," Kacie told her. "Liv might be exaggerating on how I've been lately."

"Right," Alex told her. "So, does that mean that Tyler is exaggerating, too?" 

Kacie looked at her with a seriously? look. "You've talked to Tyler about me?" 

"We're just worried," Alex told her.

"Tyler?" Kacie asked skeptically. "Worried? On what planet are you living on?" 

Alex smiled a small smile. "Elena and I've been in a giving mood lately." She held a leather bracelet with a small pendant at the end to Kacie. "Consider it as a 'I hope my best friend gets better soon' present." 

Kacie took the bracelet. "I'm perfectly fine." Alex tilted her head at her, unconvinced. Kacie sighed. "You know me too well."

"And don't you forget it," Alex told her.

They smiled, walking along. 

-

Night - The Grill

(Song:)  There's This There's That – We Barbarians

Matt was filling out an application at the bar.

The bartender approached him from the other side. "Matt Donovan. What do you know?" 

Matt looked up. "Ben McKittrick. What's up, man?" 

"Rough season, bud," Ben told him.

"Yeah," Matt agreed. "It's kind of hard to recover when you have to forfeit half your games."

"You gonna be working here?" Ben asked.

"Yep," Matt answered. "Following in your footsteps, minus the state championship." 

"Well, can't all be football gods," Ben told him. 

Matt looked down, nodding. "Yeah."

"So what's the plan?" Ben asked. "Cook line?" 

"Busboy," Matt answered. 

Ben didn't respond.

Matt looked down, ashamed, yet knowing he had to take the job.

-

Elsewhere 

Alex and Tyler stood at the pool tables, playing pool.

Tyler made his shot, standing straight.

Alex hung onto her pool stick. "So, I talked to Kacie."

"And?" Tyler asked.

"And she is pretending to be fine while she is clearly losing her mind," Alex answered. She tilted her head. "Figuratively speaking, of course." 

"Of course," Tyler repeated teasingly.

Alex smiled, leaning against the pool tables. "So, tell me, Ty. Why doesn't she just get help?" 

"Kacie says that she can't talk about it," Tyler answered.

Alex looked worried, shaking it off. "She'll be fine. I need something to drink. Want something?" 

Tyler nodded. "Beer." 

"How about something I can con the bartender into?" Alex asked.

"The bartender is Ben McKittrick," Tyler told her. "Pretty sure you can con him into getting us two beers." 

Alex smiled. "You got it." 

Alex walked away, walking past Elena and Bonnie sitting at their table as she did. 

"I can't believe you and Alex are adopted," Bonnie told her. "I never saw that coming."

"And it gets weirder," Elena told her. "I looked at our birth certificates. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as our birth parents. None of it makes any sense." 

"Which is why you should ask Jenna," Bonnie told her. Elena groaned. "First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good or bad."

"And second of all?" Elena asked. 

"You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birth parents are aliens..." Bonnie trailed off. Elena chuckled. "How bad could it be? And, third of all..." Bonnie looked toward the pool tables, where Alex and Tyler were standing together, clinking their bottles together, smiling, drinking. "What is going on with Tyler and Alex?" 

Elena shrugged. "I actually have no idea. Tyler had asked her out at the Founder's Party, so long ago, and he's kept asking since. She finally said that she'd give him a chance."

"Well, at least is consistent and persistent," Bonnie told her. "That's probably the only good things that you can say about Tyler Lockwood." 

"Hey, at least it's better than Damon Salvatore," Elena told her.

"True," Bonnie agreed. "At least, with Tyler, she won't have to worry about him killing someone." 

Elena smiled, standing. "Ah, okay, look, I have to go get her, anyway. I'm her ride since she wrecked her car." 

"Okay," Bonnie told her. "I'll pay the bill."

"Okay, bye," Elena told her, walking away toward the pool tables.

"Bye," Bonnie told her, standing, turning toward the door.

Damon stepped in her way. 

Bonnie glared at him. "What do you want from me?" 

"I think we need a fresh start," Damon told her. 

"You tried to kill me," Bonnie told him.

"But I didn't," Damon told her. "And if I wanted to, I would have. Does that not count for anything?" 

"You know, I can start fires with my mind," Bonnie told him. "Fires kill vampires, right?" Damon didn't answer, looking away. "Just stay the hell away from me." 

Ben approached them. "Everything okay over here?" 

"Yeah, we're fine," Damon answered.

"I wasn't talking to you," Ben told him. 

Damon looked between them, chuckling once without humor, turning around, walking away, leaving. 

Bonnie looked at Ben. "Thank you." 

Ben turned to face her. "Anytime, Bonnie." 

Bonnie looked surprised. "Wait. You remember me?" 

"I didn't graduate that long ago," Ben told her. "You're making me feel old." 

Bonnie smiled. "Sorry. I didn't mean that. I just--I didn't know you knew me." 

"I always know a pretty face," Ben told her. 

Bonnie smiled.

-

Pool Tables 

Alex made a shot, laughing. "I'm beating you, Lockwood." 

"Lucky shot, Gilbert," Tyler denied. 

Elena approached them. "Hey." She looked at Alex. "You going to be okay here?" 

Alex nodded. "Yeah, thanks. I'm having too much fun putting Tyler in his place." 

"Yeah, whatever, Alex," Tyler told her. Alex smiled. Tyler looked at Elena. "Hey, what's up?" 

"I need to go to the store," Elena answered. "My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Alex smiled.  "I'll get you something to wear."

Alex nodded. "Okay, fine." She gasped, looking at Tyler. "Would you go?" 

"I don't know," Tyler told her. "Dressing up and stuff..." 

Alex sighed. "Come on. It could be fun. It could be our second date." 

Tyler smiled, considering.

Alex smiled as if she knew she already convinced him.

"Fine," Tyler told her.

"Then I better go and pick up my own outfit," Alex told him. 

"All right," Tyler told her.

"Wear something nice," Alex told him, walking away.

Elena smiled at Tyler, turning around, following Alex.

Tyler watched them go, smiling to himself.

-

Outside 

Alex and Elena walked toward Elena's car.

"What was that about?" Elena asked.

"Don't ask," Alex told her. Her phone rang. She answered. "Hello?" 

The pizza guy, also known as the vampire from the middle of the road's, voice was on the other line. "Hello, Alex." 

"Hey, who's this?" Alex asked.

Elena got into the car. 

"You hit me with your car," the vampire told her. Alex stopped next to the car in shocked fear. "Is that a new one?" Alex looked around. The vampire was wearing his hoodie across the street, walking toward them. "You got away from me. You won't next time." 

Alex hurried to get into the passenger seat. "Drive. Now." 

"What?" Elena asked.

"He's here," Alex told her. 

Elena looked into the review mirror, starting the car, pulling away quickly. 

-~-

Day Three

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Stefan, Elena and Alex sat in the room.

"Why me?" Alex asked. "What does he want with me? A--and if he's trying to kill me, then why call first?" 

Stefan walked around the couch, facing them. "That's because we're predators, Alex. We hunt. We stalk. It's often as exciting as the kill. I want you to take this." 

Stefan sat down on the table in front of them, pulling out the Gilbert watch, handing it to Elena. 

Elena looked it over. "This is Jeremy's pocket watch. How did you get it?" 

"I took it from Damon, who took it from Logan, who must have taken it from you," Stefan answered.

Elena opened it, observing the contents, confused. "What happened to it?" 

"Well, it's not just a watch," Stefan explained. "It's a--it's a sort of compass, but it points to vampires."

Stefan took Elena's hands in his own, showing them how the compass worked. 

The needle whirred around on the compass, finally clicking into place, pointing at Stefan.

Elena and Alex looked at Stefan in shock. 

"Why did our father have it?" Elena asked.

"Gilberts were one of the Founding Families, and back in 1864, they were among those who sought to eradicate the vampires," Stefan explained. "The compass was used to find us." 

"Did you know them?" Alex asked.

Stefan nodded. "Yes. I want you to keep this. That way, you'll know if you're ever in danger." 

Elena smiled a small smile, taking Stefan's hand in her own.

Alex nodded thoughtfully, taking the Gilbert watch. 

The needle whirred around on the compass, finally clicking into place, pointing at Stefan.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Outside 

Matt and Caroline were in the courtyard, painting a banner for the dance.

"I've never seen you such a mess," Matt told her.

Caroline scoffed, looking at Matt, smiling. "Don't talk smack." 

Caroline swiped the paint brush on Matt's arm, leaving a giant smear of paint on his skin.

Matt smiled in shock. "I mean..." He threateningly held his paintbrush out to Caroline. Caroline backed away, smiling. "I just thought that you told everyone else what to do." 

They went back to painting the banner.

"Well, I do that, too," Caroline told him. "But if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. You know, I just like that we're hanging out. Who knew? You and me?" 

"Well, who knew you could be fun?" Matt replied.

They smiled.

"So what are you wearing to this dumb dance, anyway?" Caroline asked. "Should we color coordinate?"

"Uh, I'm not going," Matt told her. 

"Why not?" Caroline asked.

"I gotta work," Matt answered. "Busing tables at the Grill." 

"Since when are you a busboy?" Caroline asked in a judging voice. 

Matt seemed slightly irritated. "It's a job. You know, some of us have to work, Caroline. With my mom in and out, things are tight, so..." 

Caroline looked up at Matt. "Well, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that I didn't know you had a job." 

"Well, I do," Matt told her. "I gotta go." 

Matt put the paint brush down, walking away, leaving.

Caroline watched him go with slight guilt. 

-

The Grill 

Jeremy was playing pool alone.

Anna approached him. "Hey. How'd it go?" 

Jeremy turned to face her. "What?" 

"The paper," Anna answered. 

"Oh," Jeremy told her. "Liv, Kacie and I got an A. Thanks for the articles. They really helped."

"Cool," Anna told him. "So what'd he say about the vampires? Did he believe it?" 

"I don't even believe it," Jeremy told her. "It's just a paper, Anna. Anyways, I, uh, I gotta get going." 

Jeremy walked around the pool table, placing his pool stick down.

Anna followed. "Uh, hey, um... D--do you wanna do something later, maybe?" 

"Uh, sorry," Jeremy told her. "I'm stuck on punch duty at the school dance." 

Anna chuckled. "Oh. How'd you get stuck with that?" 

"Well, I'm failing English, so I copped a plea," Jeremy answered.

"Maybe, you know, tomorrow or something," Anna told him. Jeremy smiled a small smile, looking down. Anna caught on. "I'm being pushy again, aren't I? Heh." 

"Well, thanks for the help," Jeremy told her. "I'll--I'll see you around." 

Jeremy grabbed his bag, walking away, leaving.

Anna watched him go, looking displeased with herself.

-

Night - Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Jenna was dressed up for the dance in a '50s outfit, cleaning up.

Elena walked into the room.

"Spoke to the insurance company," Jenna told her. "Alex's car's totaled."

"I can keep giving her rides for now," Elena told her, sighing. "So you're coming to the dance?" 

Jenna smiled. "Alaric asked me to help chaperone." 

Jenna walked around the couch, leaning against it.

Elena wasn't looking at her, picking up an apple, about to take a bit. She turned around to look accusingly at Jenna. "Why didn't you tell us, Jenna?" 

Jenna looked slightly startled and guilty. "Your mom was gonna do it eventually. I never thought I'd have to." 

"If my mom were here right now, and we asked, she'd tell us the truth," Elena told her.

"Your dad was about to leave the office one night when this girl showed up," Jenna explained. "She was 16, a runaway. She had a child in her arms, you, and she was about to give birth, Alex. He delivered the baby, and he gave her a place to stay. But a few days later, she disappeared. And there you two were. Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby. I--it just wasn't happening. All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom." 

"Well, why were our parents' names on our birth certificates?" Elena asked.

"Your dad was a doctor, Elena," Jenna told her. "He took care of it. They didn't wanna lose either of you, so they kept it quiet, told as few people as possible, but if anyone ever wanted proof, they had documentation." 

"What else do you know about here?" Elena asked. "The girl?" 

"Just her name," Jenna answered. "Isobel." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Library 

Damon was sitting at a desk in the library, jotting down names of the Founders of Mystic Falls.

Kaylin was sitting on the arm of the couch. "Whatcha doing?" 

Damon looked at Kaylin. "Working on 'my diabolical plan' the sequel." 

Kaylin smirked. "Hmm." 

Nicola walked into the room, seeing Damon, resisting the urge to groan.

Damon looked at Nicola. "Don't you have anywhere else to be?" 

"I live here, so I don't have to have one," Nicola replied, sitting in a chair. 

Stefan walked into the room, toward Damon. 

Kaylin commented on Stefan's '50s hairstyle. "You got the hair right." 

Stefan set a journal on the desk in front of Damon.

"Why are you giving me Dad's journal?" Damon asked.

Nicola looked at them.

"Because you were looking for it," Stefan answered.

"Stefan, I didn't tell you where it was so you could give it to him," Nicola told him.

Stefan shrugged.

Kaylin smiled.

"And why would I want it?" Damon asked. 

"Gee, I don't know, Damon," Kaylin told him sarcastically. "Maybe you wanna do a little bit of posthumous bonding." 

"Go ahead," Stefan told him. "Enjoy it. Read it. I have. Nowhere in it does it say anything about Katherine or the tomb or how to open it." 

"I'm not surprised," Damon told them. "The man could barely spell his name." 

Nicola shrugged. "Giuseppe's a hard name to spell." 

Damon narrowed his eyes at Nicola. 

Nicola smirked. 

Kaylin looked at the journal on the desk. "I'm really sorry that it won't be of any help with your diabolical plan: the sequel." 

Damon smiled at Kaylin bitterly.

"You know, I could help you," Stefan told him. 

"You help me?" Damon asked. "I don't know. It seems a little unnatural." 

"I'll do anything to get you out of this town," Stefan told him, leaning forward against the desk. "Even release Katherine." 

"What about the other 27 vampires?" Damon asked.

"No, no, they can't come," Stefan told them.

"Hey," Kaylin told him. "If you're getting Katherine, of all the evil bitches in the world, out of the tomb, you should at least consider letting Cristian out, Stefan." 

Stefan looked at Kaylin for a moment, nodding. "Fine. But the other vampires, they have to stay put. Katherine and Cristian... I would consider that." 

Kaylin smiled. 

Damon was more suspicious. "What are you doing? Hmm? What's your angle?" 

Stefan shook his head. "Think about it." 

Damon scoffed, looking at his work. "Why would I trust you?" 

Nicola stood, pointing at Damon. "See, that's your problem, Damon. You apply all of your shortcomings to everybody else." She tilted her head, backing away, looking to the side. "If history is any indication, there's only one liar among us." 

Nicola smirked, turning around, walking out of the room. 

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex was dressed for the dance. She held the bracelet that Stefan had given her, but she had taken Damon's advice and put more charms on the chain surrounding the original one. 

Elena was in the bathroom, dressed for the dance, adding the finishing touches to her '50s hairstyle, blow drying her hair, pulling a round brush through it. 

The Gilbert watch was on Alex's bed. The needle started to whirl around.

Neither of them could hear it over the noise of the blow dryer.

Elena was satisfied with her hair, turning the dryer off, walking out of the bathroom. 

The needle of the watch was pointing at the closet. 

Alex opened the closet door, but no one was there.

The needle started whirring again. 

Alex retrieved a pink scarf from a hanger to match her top, closing the door.

Elena walked toward the bedroom doorway, looking out into he hall. "Hey, Liv? Jenna? Jeremy?" There was no answer. The needle continued to spin. Elena looked at the compass. "Uh, Alex?" 

Alex followed her gaze, noticing the needle spinning out of control, walking toward the bed quickly, picking it up. 

Elena grabbed her phone, making a call, quickly walking out of the room.

Alex followed her.

Damon was still at the Salvatore Boarding House, still sitting at the desk in the library. He heard Stefan's phone ringing, standing, walking toward it, picking it up, seeing that it was Elena calling, answering. "Stefan's phone. How may I help you?" 

Elena quickly walked down the stairs, anxiously speaking to Damon. "Where is he?" 

"He's on his way to you," Damon answered. Alex followed Elena. "Forgot his phone."

Elena and Alex stopped in the living room. 

Elena sighed. "Oh, thank God. This compass was spinning." Right above them, the vampire was braced to the ceiling, looking down to Elena and Alex. "Stefan must be here."

Alex sounded more grateful than Elena did. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome," Damon told them. 

Elena hung up.

The vampire jumped down from the ceiling.

Alex and Elena turned around to face him, gasping.

The vampire grabbed Elena, trying to bite her neck.

"No!" Alex screamed. "Elena!" 

Stefan rushed inside, pulling the vampire away from Elena, throwing him over the couch. 

Elena lost her balance, falling.

Alex caught Elena in her arms before she fell to the floor.

Stefan looked at them worriedly.

The vampire stood, rushing around Stefan to the double doors of the family room, through the kitchen, down the hall, and out of the front door, slamming it closed behind him. 

Stefan rushed out of the house to follow him. 

Alex held Elena worriedly, scared. "Are you okay? Are you okay?" 

Elena looked at the front door, still worried that the vampire would return.

-~-

Living Room

Kaylin, Damon and Nicola were here now. 

Alex, Elena and Stefan were sitting on the couch together.

Nicola sat in a chair next to them.

Damon sat on an arm of the couch next to Alex.

Kaylin paced around. "How did he get in?" 

"He was invited in," Alex answered.

"Liv did it," Elena explained.

"Why did Little Liv invite him in?" Kaylin asked.

"He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night," Stefan answered.

Kaylin tilted her head. "Well, he gets points for that."

"Did he say what he wanted?" Nicola asked.

"No," Alex answered. "He was too busy trying to kill us." 

Nicola looked at Damon. "And you have no idea who this is?" 

"No," Damon answered. Nicola looked at him, unconvinced. "Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company." 

"That's why it's too dangerous for you to be home alone right now," Kaylin told her. "Sure, this guy seems like he's just after Alex, and that he attacked Elena to get to her, but we have no idea who this guy is, or if he's trying to get revenge against the three of us by attacking them. And if that's so, then they might go after you, too, Nix. And we don't know if he's alone." 

"You think there's more than one?" Elena asked.

"We don't know," Damon told them. 

"Guys, he was invited in," Stefan told them. 

Nicola gave them a significant look.

Damon and Kaylin nodded, knowing what they meant.

"Then we get him tonight," Damon told them. He looked at Alex and Elena. "You two up for it?" 

Elena looked at Alex. "I am if you are." 

Alex looked at Damon. "What do we have to do?" 

"Let your boyfriends take you to the dance," Damon told them.

Alex frowned. "Tyler's not my boyfriend." 

"Whatever," Kaylin told her. "We'll see who shows up." 

"That's a bad idea, Kaylin," Stefan told her.

"Till we get him, this house isn't safe," Nicola told them. "For anyone who lives in it. It's worth a shot." 

"We'll do it," Elena told them, taking Stefan's hand in her own. "We'll be with the four of you. We'll be safe." 

Alex nodded in agreement.

Nicola looked at Kaylin, Damon and Stefan.

Kaylin shrugged one shoulder.

Damon nodded.

Stefan still didn't seem happy with this plan. 

-

Mystic Falls High School - The 1950s Decade Dance 

(Song:)  Pacer – Systems Officer

Everyone was having a good time.

Bonnie, Caroline and Eliza were on the dance floor, dancing to the music lively, each dressed to the '50s fashion.

Bonnie, Caroline and Eliza laughed while they danced, walking off of the dance floor.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola walked in, looking over the dance, trying to spot any signs of danger. 

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola walked further ahead.

Alex and Elena stayed back to talk. 

"Are you sure you can do this?" Alex asked.

Elena nodded. "You just don't worry about me. You just find Tyler, make sure he's okay. And keep an eye out for Jeremy and Liv." 

Alex rolled her eyes. "What about Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline?" She pulled her headband out, using it to tie her hair back into a ponytail. "And Matt, if he's here? And Kacie? I know for a fact she is." 

Elena shrugged. "I don't know. Just go hang out with Tyler."

Alex sighed, nodding, looking through the crowd, trying to find Tyler.

Tyler walked in, wearing his Letterman's jacket for the football team.

Alex smiled, walking through the crowd until she was standing next to him. "Hi."

"Hey," Tyler told her, looking over her outfit. "Nice." 

Alex smiled. "Thanks." She looked at his vervain bracelet, relieved. She looked over his appearance. "You don't look any different." 

Tyler scoffed. "I couldn't find much."

"Whatever," Alex told him, linking her arm with his. "You just didn't want to dress up." 

Tyler smiled, leading Alex through the crowd.

Kacie and Jeremy stood at the punch bowl together, noticing Tyler and Alex walk through the crowd. 

Jeremy was in normal clothing.

Kacie was subtly dressed up. She scoffed. "Guess we really are gonna be family one day." 

Jeremy laughed. "Yeah." 

-

Elsewhere 

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola stood together. 

Alaric noticed Damon, his smile fading. 

Jenna approached Alaric from behind. "Alaric." 

Alaric turned to face her. "Hey, look at you." 

"I figured I'd stand out less if I dressed up," Jenna told him.

Alaric chuckled. "Liar." 

"Okay," Jenna told him. "I'm a sucker for the decade dance. I went to school here, you know. They do the '60s and the '70s, too, FYI." 

"Oh," Alaric told her. "Can't wait. Can I get you a drink? I hear the punch is real boss." 

Alaric smiled.

They laughed, walking off together. 

-

Elsewhere 

Alex and Elena were standing together.

Caroline, Bonnie, Kacie and Eliza approached. 

Alex perked up. "Having fun?" 

"No," Kacie answered. "But, I am the one that has to hand out the punch and..." She poured punch into the punch bowl beside them. "And refill the punch bowl, so that doesn't count." 

"At least you didn't have to dress up," Caroline told her, gesturing to her appearance. "Because this took about two hours, so I'm going to stay for at least half that." 

Eliza noticed Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola several feet away. "What's Damon doing here?" 

Alex followed her gaze. "He wanted to come." She looked at the others. "I promise he'll behave." 

"I'm just surprised that Kaylin got Nicola to come," Eliza admitted. "But, I see that they didn't dress up, which is not a surprise." 

Kacie looked at Damon for a moment, numb. Noticing that the others were looking at her, she looked at Alex and Elena, shaking off the feeling. "So, is this a foursome now? You guys and the Salvatore brothers?" 

Alex shook her head. "No. Actually, I'm here with your brother."

Bonnie and Caroline raised their eyebrows.

Eliza smiled a surprised smile. 

Kacie shrugged. "He could join, too. Have you seen the sexual tension between Tyler and Stefan or Tyler and Damon?" 

Caroline laughed. 

Alex scoffed, smiling. "What is wrong with you?" 

Kacie shrugged, smiling.

Elena smiled, shaking her head. "That's not going to happen, but if I'm going to be with Stefan, I'm going to have to get along with Kaylin and Nicola, and learn how to tolerate Damon."

Alex laughed. "Yeah, it's not like we can kill him."

"There's a thought," Bonnie told them. 

Caroline looked at Bonnie. "Hmm, I'll help." 

"Mm, me, too," Kacie told them.

Bonnie, Caroline and Kacie clinked their cups together.

Alex laughed.

Eliza smiled.

Elena shook her head, smiling, rolling her eyes. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Elsewhere 

(Song:) This Magic Moment – The Misfits

Alaric and Jenna walked across the room, cups in hand.

"I'm really starting to see a change in Jeremy and Liv," Jenna told him. "Finally."

"Uh, losing someone you love so suddenly, the, uh, the trauma and the grief there are some of the tougher things they'll face in life," Alaric told her.

They stopped in front of the projection screen, turning to face each other.

"From someone who knows," Jenna told him. "You have no idea what happened?" 

"That's the hard part, not knowing," Alaric told her.

"Is it okay to talk about your wife?" Jenna asked.

Alaric chuckled once without humor. "There's not much to talk about." 

"That must be impossible to deal with, not having any answers," Jenna told him.

"I'd be lying to you if I told you it didn't keep me up at night," Alaric told her. "Wondering why, by who."

"Maybe one way," Jenna told him.

"Hope so," Alaric told her, looking off into the distance. "I hope so." 

Alaric was looking at Damon.

Damon was standing across the room, his arms crossed over his chest. 

-

Elsewhere 

Caroline, Bonnie, Alex, Kacie and Eliza were standing at a table. 

Damon approached them. "Hi, Kacie."

Kacie looked at him numbly. "I just remembered, I have to get back to the punch stand. Help Jeremy."

Kacie walked away quickly.

Damon smirked. "Guess not. Bonnie, wanna dance?"  

"I'm out of here," Bonnie told them, starting to walk away. 

Damon stood in her way. "Please give me another chance." 

Bonnie pushed past him. 

"Back off, Damon," Caroline told him, following Bonnie and Kacie. 

Damon looked at Alex and Eliza. "Why don't they like me?"

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?" Eliza asked.

Damon smiled. "Oh, Eliza, the protective, hyper-aware little sister even trying to be nice to me. Would you like to dance?" 

"Yeah, I would," Eliza answered. "With Caroline and Bonnie." 

Eliza walked away.

Alex smiled. 

Damon looked at Alex. "What are you smiling about?" 

Alex tucked a piece of her hair back behind her ear, smirking. "Oh, nothing." 

Damon looked at her bracelet. "See you took my advice about adding more to that thing." 

Alex looked at her bracelet. "I didn't do it because you told me to. I did it because wanted to." 

"Okay," Damon told her, holding up his hands in a harmless gesture. "Okay. Whatever you say." 

Stefan and Elena approached them.

"Where did Kacie, Bonnie, Caroline and Eliza go?" Elena asked. 

Alex turned to face them. "Ask Damon." 

"I don't know," Damon told them. 

"What did you say to them?" Stefan asked.

Alex chuckled.

"I was perfectly polite," Damon told them. Alex smiled. Damon seemed to get an idea about getting back at her. "Elena, would you like to dance?" 

"I would love to," Elena answered. Damon looked at Alex smugly as if to ha ha. Alex gave him a sarcastic look, looking at Elena in confusion. Elena turned to Stefan. "May I have this dance?" 

Alex smiled.

Elena winked at Alex, leading the way to the dance floor. 

Alex looked at Damon. "Ha." 

Damon smirked, holding out a hand. "Would you like to dance, Alex?" 

"How about I save you the last dance?" Alex asked. 

"So who's going to take this one?" Damon asked.

"Who do you think?" Alex asked, walking away toward Tyler. "Would you like to dance?" 

Tyler nodded. "I would love to." 

Tyler took Alex's hand, leading her to the dance floor, spinning her around. Alex smiled, turning to Tyler, wrapping her arms around his neck as they continued to dance. 

Further on the dance floor, behind all of the other couples, the vampire was standing there in the hoodie, watching them.

(Song Ends) 

-~-

(Song:) Everyday – Rogue Wave

Stefan and Elena were dancing. 

Elena had her arms wrapped around Stefan's neck. Stefan had his hands placed on Elena's hips, looking around for any signs of the vampire.

"Shouldn't you guys be able to sense each other or something?" Elena asked.

"Doesn't work that way," Stefan told her. "See him anywhere?" 

"Not unless he has a pompadour," Elena told him.

Stefan chuckled. "Wow. Not one of the better fashion trends."

"Come on," Elena told him. "I'm sure you looked great back then. Are there pictures?" 

"No," Stefan answered. "Burned. Buried." 

"Seriously, what was it like, the '50s?" Elena asked. "'Cause in my mind, I have this picture of somewhere between 'American Bandstand', 'Grease.' It's all varsity sweaters and milkshakes." 

"Well, that, and, you know, McCarthyism and segregation and nuclear arms race," Stefan told her.

"Okay, but there were poodle skirts?" Elena asked.

"There were poodle skirts," Stefan answered, spinning Elena around, pulling her back in.

Elena smiled. "You're so teaching me how to do the hand jive."

"No," Stefan told her. "That's not gonna happen." 

"Aw!" Elena complained teasingly. 

Elena rested her head on Stefan's shoulder.

Stefan continued to watch out for the vampire. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Punch Table 

(Song:) Dreams Are For The Lucky – Jef Scott

Jeremy was working.

Anna approached him. "You neglected to mention this was a theme party."

"What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked.

Anna shrugged. "Seeing as you also neglected to invite me, I took matters into my own hands." 

"You're doing that thing again," Jeremy told her.

"What thing would that be?" Anna asked.

"The thing where you pretend we're dating even though we're not," Jeremy answered.

"Oh," Anna said, nodding. "You mean stalking? Yeah." She laughed. "Get over yourself. Come on. I've never been to a school dance before. Humor me." 

Jeremy smiled. 

(Song Ends) 

-

The Grill

(Song:) Keep It Cool (Bo Flex Remix) – U.S. Royalty

Matt was busing tables, looking up.

Caroline, Eliza and Bonnie entered, still in their '50s outfits.

Bonnie looked at the bar, where Ben was working. "Let's sit up there." 

Eliza stopped, crossing her arms over her chest, looking at Bonnie teasingly. "Be a little more obvious, Bonnie." 

"Don't rain on my hot-guy parade," Bonnie told them.

Matt approached them from behind, carrying dirty dishes in a bin. The girls didn't notice.

"What?" Eliza asked innocently. "I'm not raining. If you want to, go for it." 

"Well, I'm raining," Caroline told them. "Ben McKittrick? Really?" 

"He's hot," Bonnie told them. 

"He's a washed-up jock who pours drinks for a living," Caroline told them. Eliza tilted her head, giving her a look. "You could do way better." 

"Like stalkers who are into abusive relationships?" Eliza asked.

"Ouch," Caroline told her. "Bad Eliza."

"Thank you, Eliza," Bonnie told her.

Eliza smiled. "You're welcome." 

Matt had heard them, walking past.

Caroline noticed him. "Hey." 

Matt didn't look at her, his voice toneless. "What's up?" 

Matt walked away, leaving.

Caroline's smile faded at his lack of enthusiasm of seeing her. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Mystic Falls High School - 1950s Decade Dance 

(Song:) Runaway – The Misfits

Everyone was dancing to the upbeat song.

Stefan and Elena were both smiling, continuing to dance. 

Liv stood at the side of the dance floor, dressed up.

Kacie stood next to her, smiling. "Is Little Liv actually dressed up for a dance?" 

"You know what you can do with that 'Little Liv' crap," Liv told her. Kacie smiled. "Alex and Elena got this for me, saying that if I didn't wear it for my first high school dance, they would kill me." 

Kacie smiled, wrapping an arm around Liv's shoulders. "No, I like it. It's cute." 

Liv stepped away, skeptical. "Cute? Really?" 

"Totally," Kacie answered. 

"Aren't you supposed to be manning the punch bowl with Jer?" Liv asked.

"I told him that I was going to get some cups," Kacie answered. "And I will. Just... not yet." Liv smiled. Kacie looked behind her. "I think I see three of your old little friends. Lindsey, Ryan and Luke."

"The only friends I used to have is Lindsey, Ryan and Luke, and I just don't think I can talk to them right now," Liv told her.

"Because of Tory?" Kacie asked. Liv hesitated, nodding. "It was a year ago. You're allowed to move on. Go talk to Lindsey, Ryan and Luke. Okay?" 

Liv hesitated, nodding, turning around, walking away in the direction her friends were.

Kacie smiled, watching her go.

On the dance floor, Tyler and Alex were dancing to the fast paced song, smiling widely.

Damon stood on the sidelines a few feet away, watching them. 

Alaric approached Damon. "Yeah. I don't recognize you. How'd you get roped into chaperoning?" Damon didn't answer. "Alaric Saltzman. I'm the new history teacher." 

They shook hands. 

"Ah, the, uh, cursed faculty position," Damon told him.

"So I've been told," Alaric told him.

"Damon Salvatore," Damon told him.

"Salvatore?" Alaric repeated. "As in, uh, Stefan and Nicola?" 

"Stefan's my little brother," Damon explained. "Nikki's my cousin. You would know my sister, Kaylin, but she dropped out and opted for..." He smirked. "Home school." Alaric nodded. "I'm their legal guardian, hence the chaperoning." 

"I hear they're very bright," Alaric told him. "Not that I've had a chance to see for myself." 

"Well, their attendance records are a little spotty," Damon told him. "Family drama." 

"No parents?" Alaric asked.

"Mm, it's just the four of us now," Damon answered. 

"You, uh, you live here your whole life?" Alaric asked.

"On and off," Damon answered. "Travel a bit." 

"Really?" Alaric asked. "Where? Around the states?" Damon looked at him in suspicion, raising his eyebrows. "Heh. I'm sorry. I'm nosy. I--I don't mean to pry. Look, it was nice meeting you."

"You, too," Damon told him.

"Enjoy the rest of the dance," Alaric told him, patting Damon on the arm, walking away.

Damon watched him go in suspicion. 

(Song Ends) 

-

The Grill

(Song:) Everybody – Autovaughn

Caroline, Eliza and Bonnie were sitting at a table.

Bonnie watched Ben at the bar.

Caroline sulked. "Tonight was so much better on paper." 

"Ah, you're just feeling sorry for yourself," Eliza told her. "Go and talk to him. Be bold. And fearless." She smiled, looking at Bonnie. "And you." Bonnie looked at her in surprise. "To the girl that has been eye-stalking the bartender, I'm going to say the same thing to you. Go and talk to him instead of just sitting there and never knowing what could have or could have not happened because you were just sitting here and doing nothing." 

Bonnie hesitated. "You're right." She looked at Caroline. "Since when did Eliza get so wise?" 

Caroline shook her head. "Eliza always has been, as far as I know of." 

Eliza smiled, nodding to Bonnie. "Stop trying to talk yourself out of it and go." 

Bonnie stood boldly, walking toward the bar.

Eliza and Caroline watched her, looking impressed. 

Bonnie stopped in front of the bar, speaking to Ben. "Hi." 

"Twice in one day," Ben said. "Lucky me." 

"My friend Eliza gave me some advice, and I'm trying to follow through on it," Bonnie explained.

"Oh, yeah?" Ben asked. "What's that?" 

"That you don't have to sit around and wait for a guy to come up to you," Bonnie answered.

"Does that mean that you're asking me out on a date?" Ben asked. 

"Does that mean you want me to?" Bonnie asked.

"Well, what did you have in mind?" Ben asked.

Bonnie hesitated. "Do you like karaoke?" 

"No," Ben answered. Bonnie looked disappointed. "But I would really like to go on a date with you." 

Ben leaned closer toward Bonnie, smiling.

Bonnie smiled.

-

Caroline and Eliza's Table 

Eliza looked from Ben and Bonnie at the bar to Caroline. "That's one down. One to go." 

"Eliza..." Caroline trailed off.

"Go," Eliza told her.

"I don't know what to say," Caroline told her. 

"So?" Eliza asked. Caroline shook her head slightly. Eliza raised her eyebrows at Caroline, tilting her head forward with a look as if she wasn't taking no for an answer, pointing at her expression. "You see this face? You know what it means. I got it from you whenever you told me to do something that I wanted to do, but was too scared to. So, now, it's your turn." She smiled, shrugging. "You helped me, and now I'm helping you. Go talk to him." 

Caroline considered this for a moment, smiling, nodding, standing, walking away.

Eliza watched her go with a smile.

Caroline approached Matt.

Matt didn't notice her, walking toward another table.

Caroline sighed. "Seriously?"

Matt stopped, looking at Caroline. "Is that for me?" 

"Do you see anyone else in the vicinity?" Caroline asked.

"Do you need something?" Matt asked.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Caroline asked. 

"No, Care, I'm not mad," Matt told her. "I--"

"Well, then why are you being so weird?" Caroline asked.

"I'm not," Matt told her. "I'm working." 

"You're avoiding," Caroline told him.

"No," Matt told her. "I have a table to clean. You know, that's the kind of thing that washed-up jocks do to make a living."

Matt walked away.

Caroline realized that he had heard what she had said to Bonnie and Eliza earlier, sighing in guilt. 

(Song Ends) 

Mystic Falls High School - 1950s Decade Dance 

(Song:) Slow Dance – Jacko Marcellino 

Nicola was standing next to the bleachers, leaning against them, looking onto the dance floor with an amused smile.

Kaylin was dancing with an unknown man, smiling, gliding along the dance floor. He spun her around, away from him, further off of the dance floor. 

Kaylin laughed, backing away next to Nicola, leaning against the bleachers next to her.

"We really can't take you anywhere, can we?" Nicola asked.

Kaylin put a hand to her lips, kissing it, blowing it toward Nicola sarcastically, smiling. She looked toward the punch bowl, seeing Jeremy and Anna talking, but she couldn't see Anna's face. She pushed away from the bleachers in shock and confusion. "No way." 

"What?" Nicola asked.

"A blast from the past," Kaylin answered, starting to walk away. 

Nicola watched her go in confusion. 

-

Punch Table 

Anna and Jeremy were still standing at the punch table.

Kacie approached with more cups. 

"Took you long enough," Jeremy told her.

"Sorry," Kacie told him, clearly not sorry at all, placing the cups onto the table. "Got held up." She looked at Anna. "What are you doing here?" 

"Well, this is my first high school dance," Anna told her. "I just wanted to make the most of it. Oh, Kacie, sorry about what happened at the library the other day. I didn't mean to make you mad." 

Kacie shrugged, walking around the table. "It's fine. Just forget about it." 

"Oh, before I forget," Anna told them, looking at Jeremy. "Can I borrow your ancestor's journal?" 

"Why?" Jeremy asked.

Kacie walked down the table, setting up cups. 

"You said I could read it," Anna answered.

"Uh, I don't have it," Jeremy told her. 

"Oh, well, obviously you didn't bring it here," Anna told him. "But I saw that Liv had it, and I can walk you home, and we can ask her." 

"No," Jeremy told her. "I mean, Liv gave it to me, and I gave it to our history teacher." 

"Wait, why did you give it to him?" Anna asked. 

"Because he wanted to read it," Jeremy answered simply. 

"You shouldn't be giving that to just anybody," Anna told him.

"But I should give it to you?" Jeremy asked.

"Loan," Anna told him. "Loan it to me." 

"Well, I loaned it to Mr. Saltzman," Jeremy told her. "You could loan her yours, right, Kacie?"

"Can't," Kacie told them. "Lost it, remember?" 

Jeremy nodded, turning to the other side of the table to help set up cups. "Oh, yeah." 

"Maybe it's in his classroom," Anna told them. "We can get it back." 

Kacie stood in front of Anna. "What's the big deal with the stupid journal?" Anna's eyes started to transform. Kacie looked at her in recognition, numb and in denial. "Your eye." 

Anna turned away from Kacie so she wouldn't see her face. "Uh, there's something in it." She returned normal. Off in the distance, Kaylin was looking at Anna in confusion and recognition, starting to walk forward. Anna noticed her. "Forget it. I gotta go." 

Anna walked away quickly. 

Kaylin started to follow her.

-

Hallway 

Kaylin opened the door to the dark, deserted hallway, jogging out. 

The door swung closed behind her.

Anna had disappeared.

Kaylin looked around in confusion. "Anna?" 

There was no answer.

-

Gym 

Stefan and Elena were swaying on the dance floor, looking around for the vampire.

"Maybe he's not gonna show," Elena told him.

"You mean we did all this dancing for nothing?" Stefan asked.

Elena tilted her head back, moving her hands down to Stefan's chest. "Ah. The horror." 

They both smiled.

"I'm really sorry for all this," Stefan told her.

"It's my choice," Elena told him. "I decided to be here, not for me, but for my sister. If she's gonna be a target for a vampire, then I wanna find a way to protect her. I officially signed up for it, so I don't wanna hear you apologizing anymore."

Elena poked Stefan in the chest. 

(Song Ends) 

(Song:) Great Balls of Fire – The Misfits

Stefan looked up at the speakers, realizing he would have to dance faster.

Elena smiled, grabbing Stefan's hands, starting to twist her hips.

Stefan remained still.

"Show me how it's done in the '50s," Elena told him. 

"Uh, no," Stefan told her.

"Come on," Elena told him. "One move?" 

Stefan shook his head. 

Elena nodded persistently.

Stefan shook his head.

Elena groaned, starting to walk off of the dance floor.

Stefan grabbed her arm to stop her, twirling her back toward him. He picked her up off of the floor, dipping her from one side to the other, holding her in the dip for a moment.

Elena smiled, impressed and surprised.

Stefan stood straight, placing Elena on the floor, placing a hand on either of her cheeks, kissing her passionately for a long moment, pulling away. "Now you remember that, because it's never gonna happen again." 

Elena giggled. 

They kissed. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Hallway 

Anna walked along the dark, deserted hall alone, until she saw the vampire standing at the end of the hall, facing her. She rushed toward him.

The vampire looked at her with a devilish smile. "What are you doing?" 

"Trying to get the last journal, since the one I took from Kacie didn't have what we needed," Anna answered. "As in sticking to the plan, something you're not doing." She sighed. "Leave the girls alone." 

"I like them," the vampire told her. "They look like Katherine." 

"They're not Katherine," Anna told him. "Okay? Katherine is in the tomb." 

"I know, but until we open that tomb, I got Alex to play with," the vampire told her. "Elena is too boring." 

"Don't be stupid," Anna told him. "Those girls are with the Salvatores. And I think I just got made by Kaylin."

"They don't scare me," the vampire told her. "They never have." 

"Please, no," Anna told him. "Don't do this. You're gonna ruin everything." 

"You got nothing to worry about," the vampire told her. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. You will get what you came for. Just let me have my fun." 

The vampire walked past Anna, pulling his hood over his head.

Anna was left alone in the hallway.

-~-

Gym

(Song:) My Boyfriend's Back – The Raveonettes

Tyler and Alex were dancing, smiling. 

Damon was standing on the sidelines, watching them. 

Stefan, Elena and Nicola were standing at the side of the room, watching over the dance.

"Where's Kaylin, Nikki?" Stefan asked. 

"I don't know," Nicola told them. "She took off. She said something about a blast from the past." 

They watched as Tyler and Alex were dancing, smiling.

"At least they're having fun," Elena said. She looked across the room, seeing the vampire with his hoodie. She turned to Stefan and Nicola. "The back corner." 

(Song Ends) 

Stefan followed her gaze, seeing him. "Nikki, get Damon and Kaylin."

Nicola nodded, walking away.

Stefan and Elena quickly walked across the dance floor.

-

Hallway 

The vampire in the hoodie walked out into the crowded hallway, into another dark, deserted hallway.

Stefan and Elena walked into the crowded hallway.

Elena saw the vampire walk around the corner. "That way." 

Stefan and Elena followed him into the dark, deserted hallway. 

Stefan rushed toward him, grabbing him by his hoodie, pushing him against the lockers.

The boy wearing the hoodie wasn't the vampire. "What did I do?" 

"That's not him," Elena told him. "That's not the man who attacked me." 

Stefan let go of the boy in confusion. "Where is he?" 

"I was getting a soda, and then this guy gave me his hoodie," the boy explained.

Stefan looked around in confusion.

Elena realized that they had been tricked into leaving the gym and getting separated from the others. 

-

Gym 

(Song:) My Boyfriend's Back – The Raveonettes

Alex was walking off of the dance floor, laughing, thirsty from dancing with Tyler the entire night, walking toward the punch bowl, getting a drink. Her phone rang. She answered. 

The vampire's voice was on the other line. "Hello, Alex." 

(Song Ends) 

Alex set her drink down, terrified.

"Here's what you're going to do," the vampire told her. Alex looked around her for the source of the call. "There's an exit door behind you. You have five seconds." 

"No," Alex told him. "No way." 

"Or your sister Liv dies," the vampire told her. Alex looked around the gym. Liv was talking to a dark-skinned girl and two boys who looked like brothers, smiling, laughing.  The vampire was standing nearby, on the phone with Alex. "I can snap her neck so fast, I bet there's not even a witness. Now, start walking." 

Alex looked toward him in defiance and anger, backing away toward the door. "Don't you dare touch her." 

"Keep walking," the vampire told her. "Through the door." 

Alex backed away toward the door. 

The vampire walked past Liv and her friends. 

Liv and her friends had been completely unaware of the danger. 

Alex was worried, continuing to watch them until she was satisfied that the vampire wouldn't hurt them, hanging up, turning around, running out of the door. 

The vampire smirked, hanging up, following her.

-

Hallway 

Alex ran down the dark, deserted hallway, looking behind her to see if the vampire was following. She turned into another hallway, coming to a set of doors. She tried to open the doors. They were chained shut from the outside. Alex turned around to see the vampire stalking toward her. She ran down a different hallway.

-

Cafeteria 

Alex ran across the room, trying to open another set of doors. They were also locked. 

The vampire opened a set of double doors, walking in, rushing toward Alex. Alex tried to run away. He grabbed her by her ponytail, pulling the headband out in the process. Alex struggled to get away. He pulled her in toward him, throwing her across a table, making her land hard on the floor. Alex's hair was down in a mess as she tried to stand. The vampire tossed the table aside, stalking toward her. Alex frantically grabbed a pencil on the floor, sitting up. The vampire grabbed Alex off of the floor, pushing her into the wall, transforming, about to bite her. Alex stabbed him in the chest with the pencil angrily, but she missed his heart. The vampire seemed amused, taking the pencil out of his chest, starting toward Alex again. Alex prepared to attack. He raised his hand to defend himself. Alex's pencil slid through the palm of his hand. He looked at his wounded hand. Alex stabbed him with another pencil, pushing him to the floor. The vampire struggled to stand. Alex backed away from him, bumping into a mop bucket. She turned around, grabbing the mop from the bucket, using her knee to break the handle in two to create a stake. He pulled the pencil out of his hand, standing, stalking toward Alex. Alex thrusted the stake toward him. He was too quick, catching her wrist, taking the stake out of her hand, tossing it aside. Alex looked at him in disappointment. He went in to bite her neck. Alex screamed. 

Damon appeared, pulling him away from Alex, tossing him to the floor.

The vampire stood. 

Stefan, Kaylin, Elena and Nicola were also in the room. 

"Hey, dickhead," Kaylin told him.

The vampire turned toward them.

Nicola had the broken piece of the broom Alex had broken, shrugging. "No one wants to kill you. We just want to talk." 

The vampire smirked, turning around, rushing toward Alex and Damon. 

Nicola threw the broken piece of wood to Kaylin.

Kaylin caught it with ease, staking the vampire in his stomach, making him fall to his knees, breathing heavily in pain. 

Alex smiled a small smile in relief. 

Elena looked from the vampire to Kaylin. 

Kaylin left the wood in place. "Now you feel like talking?" 

Nicola, Stefan and Elena walked closer. 

The vampire looked at Kaylin. "Screw you." 

Kaylin drove the stake in further, making him groan in pain, tilting her head, seemingly having fun in torturing the vampire. "Wrong answer." 

The vampire groaned in pain.

"Why are you doing this?" Stefan asked.

The vampire looked at Alex, smirking devilishly. "Because it's fun." 

Kaylin drove the stake further in his stomach.

"What do you want with Alex?" Stefan asked.

"She and Elena look like Katherine," the vampire answered. Stefan, Damon and Kaylin exchanged a look. "Alex is more fun than Elena. I knew I would have more fun with her." 

Kaylin tilted her head, raising her eyebrows in acknowledgement.

Elena seemed offended. 

"You knew Katherine?" Damon asked.

"Aw," the vampire told them, looking from Damon to Stefan. "You thought you were the only ones. You don't even remember me." 

Damon leaned forward, hands on his knees. "Tell me how to get into the tomb. Hmm?" 

"No," the vampire told them. Kaylin drove the stake further into his stomach, making him groan in pain. Elena looked away. "The grimoire."

"Where is it?" Nicola asked.

The vampire tilted his head tauntingly.

Kaylin drove the stake further into his stomach, making him groan in pain. 

Elena looked at Alex.

Alex shook her head. 

"Check the journal," the vampire told them. "The journal." Anna was standing in the hall, looking in through the window, listening. "Jonathon's journal. Jonathon Gilbert's." 

Damon stood straight.

"Who else is working with you?" Nicola asked calmly.

A door opened.

Anna turned around, running away.

Alaric walked into the hall.

Kaylin looked at the vampire impatiently. "Who else is there?" 

"No," the vampire told them. "You're going to have to kill me." 

Alex sighed.

Elena seemed disappointed. 

Nicola rolled her eyes. 

Damon looked away in annoyance.

Stefan looked at Kaylin, nodding.

Kaylin pulled the stake out of the vampire's stomach. "Your funeral." 

Kaylin drove the stake through his heart, killing him.

The vampire fell to the floor, desiccating.

Alex and Elena watched in shock. 

"How are you going to find the others now?" Elena asked.

"He had to die," Nicola told them.

Elena turned toward her. "But--" 

"Elena," Stefan told her. Alex and Elena turned toward him. Stefan nodded. "He had been invited in." 

There was a clunk from out in the hall. 

They looked toward the door, seeing Alaric through the window. 

Alaric walked away. 

Damon looked at Stefan and Kaylin.

Kaylin nodded toward the door. "Go." She looked at Stefan, nodding to Alex and Elena. "Get them out of here." She looked at Nicola. "We got this."

Nicola nodded in agreement. 

Damon walked out of the cafeteria. 

Alex and Elena looked at the vampire's body.

Stefan led them away, out of the cafeteria.

Nicola and Kaylin exchanged a look, preparing to move and dispose of the body. 

-

Hallway 

Alaric walked quickly down the dark, deserted hallway.

Damon turned the corner, seeing him, rushing in front of Alaric to stop him.

Alaric cleared his throat. "Hey." 

Damon compelled Alaric. "What were you doing?" 

"Looking for Ms. Hilden," Alaric told him.

"Why are you in Mystic Falls?" Damon asked.

"I got a job as a teacher," Alaric told him. 

"Do you know what I am?" Damon asked.

"You're two of my students' guardian," Alaric told him.

"Is everything you're telling me the truth?" Damon asked.

"Yes," Alaric told him. 

"Then forget we had this conversation," Damon told him, walking away, leaving. 

Alaric stood still for a moment, shaken by the encounter. He looked down at his closed hand, opening his fist to reveal that he had vervain and that was why the compulsion hadn't worked. 

-~-

Another Hallway 

Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were speaking. Damon and Kaylin were leaning against a door frame, facing each other. Nicola was leaning against the vending machine behind them. 

"Where's he?" Damon asked.

"Stefan took Alex and Elena home," Kaylin answered. "They're still a little bit shaken up."

Damon nodded in understanding, taking a moment to consider the day's events. "There's no way that idiot was working alone." 

"You are," Nicola told him.

Damon looked at Nicola, smiling sarcastically.

"So, the grimoire..." Kaylin trailed off. "That was Emily's, right? That's what you need to reverse the spell. When the Founding Families burned her, they took her things, and you were hoping that Dad's journal would tell you where it is." 

Damon looked at Kaylin, slightly impressed. "Look at you putting the pieces together. Good for you." Kaylin smirked. Damon returned serious. "I was half right."

"Well, it's out there now," Nicola told them. "Let the games begin." 

"And little brother is willing to help," Damon told them. "With hidden caveats, no doubt." 

"No," Nicola told him. "Not from what Stefan told me. Nothing hidden about it. No lies. No deception. He said he will be there when you open that tomb, you and Katherine go, Kaylin saves her childhood best friend Cristian from a fate that he doesn't deserve, and the other 26 vampires die."

"If I agree?" Damon asked.

"I'll help you," Nicola told him.

Damon looked at Nicola in shock. "You, help me? That seems even more unnatural than Stefan helping me. I killed your father. I tried to kill you, Nikki. You tried to kill me. Why should I trust you?" 

"Because she's your family," Kaylin told him.

"No, that's not gonna cut it," Damon told them. 

"Because I want you gone," Nicola told him. "You're right, Damon. You're completely right. You did kill my dad, and you did try to kill me, and I did try to kill you. But I'm willing to look past all of that if you just save the girl that you love and admit that there is a part of you that is still human, that still cares and feels something, and get the hell out of here and live the life that you want, as far away from here as possible. You get to leave. You can come and go as you please. But I don't have that choice. This is my home, and I'm staying."

Damon hesitated for a moment, thinking that this was an acceptable reason to trust her, looking slightly guilty, but as if he was trying to hide the fact that he felt guilt. He nodded. "Okay." 

Kaylin smiled a small smile. 

-

The Grill 

(Song:) Now That We've Grown – St. Leonards 

Matt was cleaning off a table.

Caroline approached him. "Look, I said something stupid. I'm sorry, but I wasn't even talking about you."

Matt walked off to clean another table.

Caroline followed.

"Yes, you were, Caroline," Matt told her. "Ben could easily be me. We're just alike." 

"That's not true," Caroline told him. "Are you seriously mad about this? Matt, you know me. Okay, I say stupid things without thinking, and then I have to apologize and take it back, and... I'm a terrible, awful person, but I'm working on it." 

"Look, can we just not do this right now?" Matt asked.

"Okay," Caroline told him. "When do you get off?" 

"Look, this thing that we've got, it's nice, and it feels really good, and I know you want to take the next step," Matt told her.

"How do you know that?" Caroline asked. "Have you even asked me?" 

(Song Ends) 

"If we go there, it could mess things up, and we might lose this, and this is the only good thing I've got going for me right now," Matt told her. "So, if it doesn't work, I'll just disappoint you and hurt you, and I don't wanna do that." 

"Well, big problem, Matt, because you took the next step all by yourself, and you played the whole thing out in your head, and you decided to bail before even giving it a shot," Caroline told him. "So this really great thing that we have? Don't worry about losing it, 'cause it's already gone." 

Caroline turned around, walking out of the Grill.

Matt watched her go, displeased with himself.

-

Gilbert House - Outside 

Jenna and Alaric walked up the stairs of the front porch, stopping outside the front door.

Jenna handed Alaric his letter men jacket. "Thank you. I needed that." 

Alaric took his jacket. "Well, thank you, for--for coming. I--I really appreciate it. You made the evening much more... Well, you made it, period."

"I'm glad I could help," Jenna told him.

"And thank you for putting up with all that wife talk," Alaric told her. "I--I gotta stop doing that. It doesn't bode well for dating."

"Is that what this was?" Jenna asked. "A date?" 

"No," Alaric answered. "Definitely not a date."

"Oh," Jenna told him.

"But Friday..." Alaric trailed off. "You, me, and dinner and a movie, that could be a date. How about it?" 

Jenna smiled. "Works for me." She laughed. "Uh, you can talk about your wife all you want. It's gonna take time to heal. We should just be ourselves." 

"Still, I think I'll keep the Isobel talk to a minimum," Alaric told her.

Jenna looked at him curiously. "Isobel?" 

"Yeah," Alaric answered. "That was her name."

"Where was Isobel from?" Jenna asked. 

"Virginia," Alaric answered. "I mean, not too--not too far from here, actually." 

Jenna looked at Alaric as if something had clicked into place.

-

On The Road 

Caroline walked down the sidewalk, her arms crossed over her chest.

Matt drove up in his truck. "Caroline!" Caroline looked toward him, but continued walking. "Care, get in the truck."

Caroline scoffed, continuing to walk. 

Matt stopped the truck, getting out. 

Caroline started to cross the street in front of Matt's truck.

Matt walked toward her.

Caroline lowered her arms to her side angrily. "What?" 

They met halfway in front of the truck, the headlights shining over them. 

Matt placed a hand on either of Caroline's cheeks, kissing her for a long moment. He pulled away, still caressing her face. "This'll never work." 

They both smiled, kissing. 

-

Gilbert House - Living Room 

Elena was sitting on the couch.

Stefan was in the kitchen, making tea for her.

Alex walked into the room. 

"Doing okay?" Elena asked. 

Alex looked between them. "Is it weird if I say yes?" 

"Is it true?" Elena asked.

"I should feel more upset or scared or something, but I... feel kind of exhilarated," Alex told them. 

"It's the adrenaline," Stefan explained. "You'll crash soon enough."

Alex sat next to Elena. "Yeah, I guess." Stefan walked closer. Alex smiled proudly. "I fought back tonight. It felt good." 

"I wish you didn't have to fight at all," Elena told her. 

"Still..." Alex trailed off.

Stefan sat down on the coffee table in front of them, handing them each a mug of tea.

Elena and Alex took the tea, taking a sip. 

"I need to tell both of you something, and I don't know how you're gonna feel about it," Stefan told them.

Elena pulled the mug away from her lips, looking concerned. "What?" 

"I told Damon that I'd help him get into that tomb to get Katherine back," Stefan answered. "But it was a lie. I let him believe that he could trust me." 

"Well, then why would you be worried about telling us?" Alex asked.

"Because he can be very persuasive, and you two have bonded lately," Stefan answered.

Alex scoffed. "That doesn't mean I trust him. It's gonna take a lot more than just a road trip and a rescue for me to forget who Damon is and everything he's done." 

"It's not just him I lied to, though," Stefan told them. "I lied to Kaylin, too. I told her that I would get her best friend Cristian out of the tomb. An ex-boyfriend that shouldn't be there. I told Kaylin that I would save Cristian so that our brother would believe me. I don't want to be either of their enemies, but I can't let them do it." 

"Then don't," Elena told him. "And I'll help you, whatever it takes."

They looked at Alex.

Alex nodded. "I'll help you. You can trust me. Okay?" 

"Okay," Stefan answered. 

They exchanged a look, nodding. 

-

The Grill - Outside 

Ben walked outside, closing the Grill.

Across the street, someone was watching him.

Ben started to walk down the sidewalk.

Anna stood at the corner, transforming, rushing toward him, opening her mouth to bite him.

Ben turned toward her, grabbing Anna, pushing against a wall, transformed, revealing himself to be a vampire. "Don't sneak up on me." 

"You love it," Anna told him, playfully pushing Ben off of her. 

"Where's Noah?" Ben asked.

"His obsession got the best of him, and so did the Salvatores," Anna answered.

"They killed him?" Ben asked.

"Tortured and staked," Anna answered. 

"You're not very upset," Ben told her.

"I warned him, Ben, and he was just gonna screw everything up anyway," Anna told him. "Let's be honest, he wasn't exactly an asset. How'd you do?" 

"Oh, the witch is totally crushing on me," Ben answered. "Did you get the journal?" 

"No, but I know where it is, and I'll get it," Anna told him. 

They smiled at each other, kissing. They pulled apart, continuing to smile. 

(Song:) Mr. Sandman – Oranger

Ben wrapped his arm around Anna's shoulder, leading her down the street, walking away into the night. 

-~-

1.13 "The Children of the Damned" Trailer 

(Song:) No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses

From 1.13 "The Children of the Damned", in the cemetery, Stefan, Alex, Elena and Nicola stood next to Giuseppe Salvatore's grave.

"We're about to dig into his father's and my great-great-great-great grandfather's grave," Nicola told them. "It's too surreal to even think about."

"I'm sorry that you have to do this," Elena told them.

Stefan and Nicola looked at each other.

TOGETHER, TO FIND THE TRUTH

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, Giuseppe's study, Stefan and Giuseppe were speaking.

"Do you know of any vampires?" Giuseppe asked.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, on the road, Katherine transformed, biting a man's neck, feeding on him while he screamed.

MEANS LOOKING BACK  

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, outside the Salvatore Estate, Damon, Giuseppe, Stefan and Kaylin were walking together across the lawn.

TO WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, outside the Salvatore Estate, Kaylin stopped next to a pure black stallion, running her hand through its hair.

The horse neighed.

Kaylin smiled.

A boy was standing nearby next to one of the other horses, noticing how troubled she seemed to be.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, outside the Salvatore Estate, Damon, Giuseppe, Stefan and Kaylin were talking.

"We live amongst demons," Giuseppe told them. "But we have a plan to kill them."

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, in an apothecary, Katherine, Damon, a woman and the boy were talking.

"No one will ever suspect us," Katherine told them.

The boy looked at Damon skeptically. "Not unless a human tells them."

Damon returned the look. "I'd sooner die."

  "And soon enough, you will," Katherine told him, kissing him.  

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, outside of the Salvatore Estate, Kaylin sat on the pure black stallion, taking the reigns, shaking them, riding away.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, in Stefan's room, Stefan was sitting on the bed. Katherine inched closer, lying him back on the bed. She straddled him. She ran her hand up Stefan's chest, kissing his stomach. She kissed up Stefan's chest.

Katherine transformed, biting Stefan's neck, holding him down, making him groan in pain. She started to gasp for air, pulling away from him.

Stefan sat up, looking at Katherine worriedly. "What? What?"

"Vervain," Katherine answered 

"What?" Stefan asked. Katherine fell to the floor, gasping, choking. Stefan knelt next to her, placing a hand on either of her cheeks. "Katherine!"

Giuseppe walked into the room.

Stefan looked at his father in shock.

"She's a vampire, Stefan," Giuseppe told him. 

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, on the road, Katherine had blood on her chin.

Damon walked closer.

"Kiss me," Katherine told him.

  Damon hesitated for a moment, kissing Katherine passionately, pulling away with the blood staining his lips.   

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in flashback, outside the Salvatore Estate, 

Kaylin was standing in the lawn, looking forward warily.

Several yards away, Stefan and Damon were watching.

"She's good," Damon told him.

Katherine watched them from across the garden, her smile faltering.

Kaylin turned around to follow her gaze to her brothers.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 9.3K 115
I mean what could i say.
15.4K 271 31
Damon x Reader imagines All character rights go to TVD & The Originals besides the main character, You.
175K 6K 85
π”ππ‚πŽππƒπˆπ“πˆπŽππ€π‹π‹π˜ - ❝𝙖 π™¬π™šπ™§π™šπ™¬π™€π™‘π™› 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝π™ͺπ™£π™©π™šπ™§. 𝙬𝙝𝙀 π™ π™£π™šπ™¬ π™¬π™š'𝙙 π™’π™–π™ π™š 𝙨π™ͺπ™˜π™ 𝙖 π™₯π™šπ™§π™›π™šπ™˜π™© π™₯π™–π™žπ™§?❞...