Issues

Por W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... Mais

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

III.X

1.1K 52 47
Por W1LDCH1LD

Wishing I could freeze-frame the moment

Setting: Oakland Alameda Coliseum, Oakland, CA

Demi was trying to get into the game. She really was. She usually loved watching football, and she especially loved watching Odell play just because anyone watching could tell that the football field was where he belonged and she loved watching him put everything into the game, but today she just couldn't. And it was all because of Cristo and that stupid brunch with his parents. There had been a lump lodged her in throat that had been causing her head to throb since she left the restaurant. After fleeing the scene, she had rushed home, changed into something more comfortable, and then zoomed to the stadium just so that she could catch the second half of the game. The Giants were winning, of course, but Demi couldn't even enjoy the game like she thought she was going to.

"Hey, you've been here for 20 minutes and you haven't threatened to punch a ref yet. What's up?" Trey asked as he plopped down next to her.

They had moved to a skybox with the rest of Odell's family since too many people tried sneaking pictures of her and because it was warmer. Trey had said hi once she arrived but Mila had actually showed up so he had been hanging out with her while Demi had kept to herself. She was in a mood and she didn't want to take it out on anyone else.

"Nothing...just focused on the game, I guess. Plus, Odell says I need anger management. I don't need to give him any further proof of that," Demi tried to joke, twisting the ends of her hair as Trey offered her a drink, but she declined. Somehow, drinking nothing but expensive wine and champagne with Cristo for the past few months had turned her off to cheap alcohol.

"If you say so...we're all going to grab dinner after this then head to this club Odell wants to go to...if that's okay with you," Trey said as Demi nodded.

"If I decide to bail out, I drove so..." Demi shrugged then looked back out at the field. The game was coming to an end – thank God – so there was a lot going on.

"Okay...want a bite of my hot dog?" Trey asked, holding the stadium food towards her, which caused her to scrunch up her nose.

"You know damn well that I do not eat hot dogs," Demi deadpanned, causing Trey to chuckle.

"Well, can I get you anything else? You came to hang out with friends and you're over here moping. Whatever it is cannot possibly be that bad. You're not acting like the Demi that I know," Trey said as he nudged her, but for some reason, his little statement made her upset.

"The Demi you knew was a fucked up, depressed mess. Isn't that what you said during one of our fights? When you found the empty pill bottle in your bathroom...you said they had me fucked up, or even more fucked up than before. So, yeah, I'm not the Demi that you know. I'm going to the bathroom," Demi whispered the last part underneath her breath as she grabbed her bag and breezed past Trey.

She didn't mean to say that, but then again, she was always saying stuff that she didn't mean to Trey. Maybe that had really been meant for Cristo. It probably had been because she had been afraid to come to terms with it over the past few months but it was like meeting his parents and figuring out how he lied to them made everything come to surface. It felt like over the past few months everything in her life had slowly changed so that she could adjust to being with Cristo. And now that she could take a step back and reflect, she didn't like it. And maybe she got so upset with Cristo because she felt like she wasn't completely being herself around him because she wanted to please him. And that wasn't fair to either of them.

Demi took a deep breath as she pushed open the door to the bathroom and locked it behind her. This was only their first fight, but Demi didn't like fighting with Cristo. She didn't like fighting with anyone. A part of her wanted to just cave and say that she forgave him but she didn't want to do that. She had done that so many times with Trey, and she didn't want this relationship to go like that one. She wanted this to work. So, maybe they did just need a night apart to really think about if this is what they wanted, because Demi didn't want to continue their relationship if he was going to say one thing but act a completely different way.

Her phone pinged in her purse so Demi pulled it out and saw that her phone was full of texts from Cristo. Before she could respond she put her phone on vibrate and then unlocked her phone.

C 💖: I don't want to apologize and explain anything through text. I want to talk about this in person. So, whenever you're ready to talk, I'll be here. Please be safe and please come home soon. Je taime beaucoup.

Demi: I'll see you tomorrow. Bonne nuit.

Demi locked her phone again before putting it back into her purse. She shook her head, clearing her head of any thought of Cristo before shouldering her bag and heading back inside. Obviously, her bathroom break had taken longer than she thought it would because when she went back inside, she saw that everyone was gathering their stuff up because the game was over.

"Hey Demi! I don't even think that I saw you come in," Mila said, grabbing Demi in a quick hug as Demi gave her a quick squeeze back.

"Yeah, I was a little late because I had something else to do. Do you know where we're going to dinner?"

"I think we're skipping dinner and heading straight to the game. Odell said something about morning workouts so he's trying to get an early night. Your outfit is so cute!" Mila gushed, causing Demi to look down at what she was wearing. It was just a cream, off the shoulder sweater from Barneys New York and some jeans with thigh high boots.

"Thanks, so is yours! I drove so I guess I'll just follow you guys," Demi said as Mila nodded, then Trey came up to them, placing his hand on the small of Mila's back.

"You ready?" He asked, causing Mila to eagerly nod.

"Lead the way," Demi said with an awkward smile on her face. Thank God she decided to drive herself instead of having Max drop her off. She wasn't sure how much third wheeling she would be able to handle tonight.

Setting: Siren Nightclub and Lounge, West Hollywood, CA

The last time that she had been at Siren was when Elysandra had invited Trey out to go dancing with her and some of the other girls from tour. She remembered that night vividly. Kylie, Kendall, and Sirah had been there for backup. Oh, how times had completely changed. Instead of walking into the club on Trey's arm, she was walking in trailing behind Trey and Mila with Ashley and Odell leading their little pack. She was sure she could find some guy to hang with tonight so that she wouldn't be completely dateless but she wasn't like that, whether her and Cristo were fighting or not.

Ashley ordered their drinks after they all sat down at the table. Demi hadn't spent a lot of time with Ashley but she was absolutely gorgeous. Her hair came down to her shoulders in full, bouncy curls and it was tinged with red. She had the most perfect body ever and that was because she was a dancer who attended Julliard, but she was traveling with Odell since she was on her holiday break. Odell said they had been dating for a while but Demi really didn't know what a while was because last she knew, he had been hooked on his physical therapist.

The waiter came back to the table with their drinks, setting two rounds of shots on the table along with three mojitos. He exited with the usual "if you need anything else let me know" as Ashley distributed the shots. Demi couldn't even remember the last time that she had taken a shot.

"Wait, what should we toast to?" Ashley asked as she picked up her shot.

"To Demi," Mila said as Odell laughed.

"We really just gonna act like we didn't just win? Shouldn't we be toasting to me?"

"No, this is Demi's first time out with us so we should toast to her...for being one of the baddest bitches in the game," Mila simply stated, causing Demi to join in with Odell's laughing.

"Okay, to me! For being one of the baddest bitches in the game," she giggled before they clanked their glasses together and then downed their shots. Demi nearly choked as the liquid burned down her throat.

"Damn, Demi. You used to be able to take those in your sleep. Frenchie made you soft," Odell joked, resulting in her smacking his arm.

"Shut up," she said, taking her second shot only for it to result in the same burn. And, of course, her dumbass chased it down with the mojito which just made it even worse.

"Girl," Ashley chuckled as she watched the way that Demi's face screwed up.

"Okay, let's go dance before this shit completely goes to my head," Demi joked, grabbing Ashley's hand as Ashley grabbed Mila's and they headed out to the dance floor, the neon lights illuminating their bodies as they squeezed their way to the center and began to move their bodies to the music. This is what Demi had missed, and what she wished she could do with Cristo. The charity galas and the fashion shows were nice but there was absolutely nothing like a night of bar hopping and clubbing.

"It's A Vibe" by 2 Chainz, a song that Trey was featured on, came on so Demi caught his eye and waved him over so that they could come and dance with them. Odell and Trey came over and they all began to dance in a circle together, with Odell of course being the goofy one and making all of them laugh. A few more rounds of shots and Demi felt like she was completely free. This was the most fun that she had had in a while and she was a firm believer that everything happened for a reason, so maybe she fought with Cristo so that she could get out and have some fun and see what she had been missing out on. Or maybe it was just the alcohol talking.

"Your voice is so sexy on this song," Demi complimented as she moved in front of Trey since Mila went to the bathroom.

"Are you drunk?" Trey asked, even though the answer was obvious. Her eyes were glossed over, she was giggling in between every word, and she was also standing way too close to him. Sober Demi would never.

"You know I don't get drunk," she slurred as she threw her arms over his shoulders.

"It's a vibe, am I your type? Pussy tight, maybe I'll spend the night..." she sang along to Jhene's part, trailing off at the end.

"I think it's time for you to go home. Come on, I'll drive you," Trey said, subtly pushing her arms off of his shoulders to grab her hand but she pulled away.

"No, my stupid boyfriend is there! Take me to your house instead," Demi pouted before letting her head fall against his shoulder. "You know you want to..."

Trey ignored her and wrapped his arm around her waist, guiding her back to the table they were sitting at to grab her purse. Mila came up to the table as well and saw that Trey was getting ready to leave.

"Are you taking her home? I think I might stay with Odell and Ashley," Mila said as Trey nodded.

"Okay. I'll call you later." Trey kissed her cheek then dug through Demi's purse to find her keys. Instead of going out front where he knew there would be paparazzi, Trey led her out through the back then looped around the building to get to the parking garage.

"Please don't take me home," Demi whined as he unlocked her car and helped her into the passenger side.

"I'm not," Trey mumbled before closing her door. He went to get into the driver's side and started up her Mercedes Coup. Demi was forever switching cars. He couldn't even keep up half of the time.

"We're going to your house?" she asked with so much hope in her voice that Trey wanted to tell her yes, but he shook his head again.

"We're going to a hotel. Aren't you sleepy?" Trey asked as he peeled out of the parking garage and turned onto the main street, which was flooded with paparazzi. Thank God for tinted windows.

"If I say yes do I get to sleep with you tonight? You know you want to," Demi teased before letting her head fall against the window.

She was quiet for the rest of the ride while Trey was trying to find a discreet hotel where paparazzi wouldn't be able to find them. He finally found one on the edge of Beverly Hills and decided to just settle there for the night. Guiding Demi inside, he rented a suite with one bed and a pull-out bed just because they didn't have any regular rooms left. He basically had to carry her into the elevator and hold her the entire time. The one thing he noted was that she still smelled the exact same, like vanilla with a hint of crystal gardenia because Kim was obsessed with healing crystals and had gotten Demi hooked to them as well.

"Demi, come on, let's get into bed," Trey mumbled as he finally managed to open the door to the room and sat on her bed. She laid on her back and looked up at him with a lazy smile on her face.

"Nuh uh, I don't have sex on the first date," she slurred with a giggle as Trey rolled his eyes and unzipped her boots, tugging them off of her legs before tossing them to the side. He went to the refrigerator and grabbed her a bottle of water, unscrewing the cap and sitting her up so that she could drink a little bit of it.

"You're so good at this, you should be a doctor," she giggled again as Trey pressed the bottle to her lips and tilted it. She pushed his hand away once she had had enough then laid back on the bed.

"Wait, take off my jeans, pleeeaaaaasse," she whined, wiggling her legs as Trey huffed but he helped her out of her jeans anyway and tossed them next to her boots.

"Okay, now you really need to go to bed," Trey said, pulling the covers back a little bit so that she could get underneath them.

"Okay...goodnight Trey," she yawned, making herself comfortable on the bed as Trey took a deep breath.

"Goodnight," he mumbled, taking off his own shoes before setting up the pull-out bed and turning on the TV just for some background noise. He checked his phone before he found himself falling asleep to the sound of Demi's light snores.

I'm not really feeling this chapter but it was necessary. I go back to school next week so I'm really trying to finish this story before the next semester starts. Anyway, happy holidays and tell me what you guys think!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

14.8K 424 12
when I'm with you I feel alive
38.9K 686 32
It all started with a DM...
44.6K 1.4K 55
Just going to be a bunch of stories.
30.3K 1.1K 18
and I lost so much more than my senses, cause loving you had consequences