The Best Mistake | A Draco Ma...

By sab_stories

After the events of the recent wizarding war, Serena Collins had one goal in mind coming back for her final y... More

Prologue
01 - The Meeting
02 - The Deal
03 - The Origins
04 - The Escape
05 - The Patronus
06 - The Reason
07 - The Aftermath
08 - The Glare
09 - The Box
10 - The Burn Out
12 - The Glow
13 - The Chill
14 - The Moonlight
15 - The Reply
16 - The Visit
17 - The Past
18 - The Dinner
19 - The Prince of Slytherin
20 - The Platinum Trio
21 - The Letter
22 - The Confrontation
23 - The Common Room
24 - The Three Broomsticks
25 - The Ticket
26 - The Dilemma
27 - The Question
28 - The Valentine's Date
29 - The Miscommunication
30 - The Dinner Party
31 - The Field
32 - The Rumour
33 - The Truth
34 - The Plan
35 - The Dress
36 - The Broken
37 - The Talk
38 - The Time
39 - The Trial
40 - The Malfoy Manor
41 - The Family Meeting
42 - The Best Mistake
Acknowledgement

11 - The Advice

1.3K 35 18
By sab_stories

Serena was to meet Tristan at 4pm and since she finished getting ready early(something that rarely happens but she was too excited) she decided to read a book in the Slytherin common room while passing the time. She heard footsteps nearing and turned her head.

Her eyes went wide when she saw Draco wearing a rather formal attire. Black button downed polo, inserted in his black slacks, wearing a nicely fitted blazer on top which perfectly hugged his toned arms. He looked very, very handsome. Black looked really good on him, it contrasted perfectly with his pale skin, hair, and light colored eyes.

He sat beside her smirking "Like what you see?"

"Yes" Serena blurted out and she could see how Draco was surprised by her bluntness, she was too. "I... I mean you're dressed up today. You got a date?" She teased but did not expect his answer.

"Yeah, I do actually"

She quickly turned to look at him, too quick that she felt her neck snap. "Really?! And who's your date, a princess? You look too formal for a date" Serena noticed how her tone of voice seemed a bit bitter. If Draco noticed he didn't show.

"No, but I'm going to a party my mother forced me to go to, thus the formal clothes"

"And your date?" Serena didn't want to sound too curious but... Well, she was.

"Astoria Greengrass" Draco replied glancing sideways at her to see her reaction but she was just staring ahead, her mind seemed to be thinking. Probably recalling if she knew her.

"Oh" was her only reply and Draco wasn't sure but did she sound a bit... Disappointed?

Serena tried to remember who Astoria was and then it hit her. Like the majority of purebloods, Astoria was known to be beautiful as well. She had chocolate brown hair that matched her dark eyes, she walked so gracefully and regal. She was popular with teachers and students alike because she seemed like she had everything: beauty, brains, status and money. Truth be told, Astoria was like a perfect match for Draco. And somehow that bothered Serena a bit.
She knew Astoria was here at Hogwarts and is younger but she hasn't seen Draco or Astoria talk to each other or maybe she was just not aware of it. "I didn't know you two were close" she finally said, not looking at him.

Draco shrugged. "We're not. We've know each other for a long time and our parents are really close, so mother insisted we go to this party together. She said maybe it could help with cleaning our name since the Greengrass family are respected purebloods"

"Oh" Serena mentally slapped herself for the way she answered but she couldn't really think of anything else to say.

"Is that the only vowel you know Collins?" Draco teased.

Serena finally smiled. She didn't know why she felt her mood alter when Draco mentioned his date. "Well, enjoy your party Malfoy"

"And you enjoy your date with door matt..." He replied. She felt her smile drop a bit but he continued, ".... Just not too much" and she felt herself smile again.

Serena abruptly stood up "I have to go meet Tristan now, bye" and she left. She knew it was an awkward way of saying goodbye but she hated that she felt confused yet again.

She walked out of the castle and found herself nearing the black lake. She casted a warming spell on her when the cool winter breeze hit her.

She sat on the snowy ground, thinking, and again, talking to herself.

"What is wrong with me? Why am I feeling this way? I should feel estatic! I'm going on a date with Tristan later, the man I have liked for 2 years! Yet here I am sulking"

Serena brought her knees closer to her chest, placed her hand on top of her knees and then her forehead on top of her hands. "Is it... Is it.. Possible....that I... Might be.... Jealous?" The last word came out as a very soft and faint whisper and when she realized what she just said she quickly stood up and screamed, "NO!"

"Are the Merglings disturbing you?"

She heard the high pitched, dreamy voice behind her. She turned around slowly, embarrassed someone witnessed her, but knowing that the person who witnessed her wasn't one to judge.

"Merglings?" She asked when she finally faced her.

"They are tiny creatures floating around the surface of the lake. They like hanging around in moist areas and since it's snowing they're practically everywhere. I have special spectacles for you to borrow if you want to see them"

"Oh, thank you but it's alright Luna. I'm just feeling frustrated and vented out here". She didn't know why, but she felt like she could be totally honest with her. She wasn't really close with her but she does consider her a good acquaintance.

"Okay but if you want to see them just tell me"

"I will, thank you"

A moment of silence passed between them when Luna interrupted it.

"Why are you venting out here by the way? Is something wrong?" Luna may seem angelic but she sure is blunt.

"Uh... I'm just confused about something" Replied Serena. She looked over at her and wanted to ask a question she's been curious about ever since she found out about her relationship. "Hey Luna..."

"Yes?"

"Did you ever doubt Theo when he... You know, started to show his affections for you?"

"No. I admit I was surprised with his affections but I never doubted him. I could see it his eyes"

"His eyes?" Serena hoped she didn't seem too nosy but she really was curious about their relationship.

"Yes. You'd be surprised how a person is actually very readable if you look at their eyes. It shows you everything and you don't need special spectacles to see it. Like you for example, you're feeling confused about something"

"Wow, you really can tell" Serena was surprised but maybe she was just being too obvious with her feelings.

Luna nodded. "That's why it didn't take long for me to reciprocate Theo's feelings. I could see that he really cares for me you know?"

Serena smiled at her and the look in Luna's eyes when she talks about Theo, Serena knew that Luna loved him too.

"If you want my advice..." Luna started to say, ".... I say that if you're confused about something don't avoid it and don't deny. Be honest with yourself, it's pointless really if you lie to yourself. Denial is usually the cause of confusion"

Serena smiled at her "You're right" she laughed while shaking her head "you're absolutely right! Thank you Luna!"

"You're welcome, Serena" Luna smiled at her and turned around leaving Serena to her thoughts once again but before she could really ponder with what Luna just said, she checked her clock to see it was almost 4 and decided she would think about everything later.

Draco arrived at the party alone. He was going to meet his mother and Astoria there. They were in the residence of the Greengrass family, and there were many important wizards and witches present. It didn't take long for him to find his mother chatting away with Mrs. Greengrass with Astoria beside her.

"Mother" Draco approached his mother with an open hug. When Narcissa saw her son she instantly beamed. "Draco, darling!" She hugged him tightly. Looking at his mother he could see that she was as beautiful and radiant as ever but he could also see the wrinkles around her eyes and mouth that formed from all that worry and stress when Lucius was starting to go crazy because of Voldemort.

"Where have you been? You're late" his mother asked.

"Perfection takes time" He teased and his mother smiled at him. He turned to Mrs. Greengrass and her daughter to greet them. "Draco, if you wouldn't mind why don't you take Astoria with you. I'm sure she's bored out of her mind just listening to us talk" Mrs. Greengrass said, to which Draco nodded and motioned for Astoria to follow.

"So..." Draco started to say but didn't really know what to say.

"How are you doing? We haven't really talked much" Astoria filled in the awkward silence.

"Yeah, busy with school I guess"

Astoria looked at him with doubt. "Busy with school or busy with girls?"

Draco smirked, "you know I'm not like that anymore"

"That's good to hear... But also rather disappointing" she looked at him with a flirtatious look and Draco just smiled at her.

He didn't know why, but he wasn't at all attracted to Astoria. Sure she was beautiful, smart, and she comes from a known pureblood famliy, all traits his old-self would find fitting and perfect as his type of girl. He even had a crush on her back in his 5th year, but now, nothing. She was just another girl.

Minutes, and then hours later with Astoria, Draco was getting bored, even a bit annoyed. Draco is a very observant person and he's no stranger to girls flirting with him and Astoria is one of them. She isn't overly open and one wouldn't really notice if no one paid close attention, but he did and it was awkward for him. He tries to give hints saying that he's not that interested but she doesn't seem to get it.

Finally the guests were now going home, meaning it's time for him to go back to Hogwarts but when he bid goodbye to his mother, she asked if they could talk for a while.

Narcissa and Draco apparated to Malfoy Manor, a place he's avoided ever since going back to school. He hated the memories here and the dark, gloomy aura that surrounds it. The Manor was something he wanted to completely rebuild and renovate, to erase all traces of darkness.

How her mother can stand living here, he doesn't know. "How are you doing Draco? How's school?" His mother asked.

"I'm doing great and school's a lot better. I'm glad I returned, it's liberating to roam around the halls without a heavy burden on my shoulder"

His mother smiled sincerely, "that's great Draco, I'm glad you're having fun"

"And you?"

"I'm getting better. Just a bit anxious when that day comes" she sighed and looked down. Draco fully knew what his mother was talking about and he too gets anxious just thinking about Lucius' judgement day.

They were both silent and Draco just wanted to leave so he asked, "Mother what's the real reason you wanted to talk to me?"

Narcissa smiled again. Draco always knew if something was up so it was best if she gets straight to the point. "Do you like Astoria Greengrass?" She asked.

Draco looked at her confused. "What do you mean? Where is this coming from Mother?"

"You see, she's from a respected pureblood family and if you... Form a certain relationship with her, it might help regain the glory of our name, for the better"

"Are you saying you want me to date her?!"

"I'm saying if you could try to entertain the idea or the possibility of it. I could see earlier how she's very much smitten with you, and you're not seeing anyone are you?"

Draco was surprised when a flash of Serena's face crossed his mind. "No, I'm not"

"Exactly. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be open to this idea. She's beautiful, and she's a good girl, it's not difficult for someone to like her. Please say you'll consider it Draco"

As he looked at his mother's hopeful eyes, it was difficult to decline, she is afterall, his everything so he simply looked at her and smiled. "Of course, Mother"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 553 36
☆ second story in the sequel ☆ • go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
281K 6.9K 28
Pretending to be in a relationship with Draco Malfoy to get back at your ex might have not been the smartest idea you ever had. Especially now where...
81K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
26.6K 1.5K 10
[COMPLETED] You're a Gryffindor who gets along with everybody. With everybody but Draco Malfoy. He is always bullying Harry Potter, your best friend...