Promise || Taehyung X Reader...

By kookiesabsjiminsjams

What is a promise? A promise is something that's supposed to be kept. Something that should never be broken... More

The "New" Kid
Gone
Grey Skies
Promise
Sorry
With Winter, Comes Change
My Very Own
Birthday Boy
Close
Forever
Closed
A.R.M.Y
Just One Day
You've Found Him
Partners
Soulmates
Jagiya, I've missed you.
Trust Me
My Love, For Kim Taehyung

Thank You.

2.2K 83 16
By kookiesabsjiminsjams

"Hello? Is this Rachel?"

"Yes. May I ask who this is?"

"Hello ma'am. You probably don't remember me, but I'm Mia. I'm sorry to bother you with this again, but Taehyung turned himself in, and we need you to make one last statement today. Is that okay?"

"Uhm.....Sure. He won't see me, right?"

"Of course not. I believe he was arrested when he turned himself in."

"Oh..okay. No problem. What time?"

"Maybe 1 PM? Sorry so soon, I just have classes I need to go to later today at 3."

"No worries. I'll be there."
I hung up my phone, when coincidentally, received a text.

Incoming Text : Park

Jimin: "Hello? Y/N?"
Y/N: "Yea Jimin?"
Jimin: "Taehyung is in, I'm explaining to the police what happened exactly. They need Mia here. Did you call her?"
Y/N: "Yea. She'll be there at one. I'm almost at ARMY, so getting Jungkook is the last puzzle piece we need.
Jimin: "Great. I'll see you then, Y/N."

I took a deep breath, and stuffed my phone into my pocket.

Archew street on Arlow avenue.

I took a look around, but there were only buildings in sight. Really big buildings. I sighed in frustration and rubbed my forehead.
"They couldn't have been staying in any of these hotels....right? Not unless they snuck in..." I mumbled to my self, scanning the area. Just then, I noticed a small space in between two big buildings. Sort of like an alleyway. I took a deep breath, and cautiously walked through.
Don't die Y/N, don't die Y/N.
I repeated over and over again. When I got to the end of the alleyway, there were two paths. One to keep going forward, and one path to the left. I peeked around the corner for the path on the left, but it just looked like another exit, so I turned my head forward again, and kept walking.
This place looks awfully familiar...
I thought to myself.
After what seemed like forever, I came across a small little house made of wood. More like a hut, since it was just one big room inside.
It didn't look stable at all, but if I wanted to find Jungkook, I need to go inside..right? I took one step, and heard the wood creak.

Or not.. Geez I didn't even get inside yet...

I checked the time on my phone.
12:17
I sighed, and put my phone in my back pocket.
"Hello...? Anyone here?" I questioned, anxiously waiting outside the house.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" A voice called out.

I quickly turned around, and sighed in relief at the sight of Jungkook.
"Whew, Jungkook its only you..wait- JUNGKOOK! You're here!"
I smiled and wrapped my arms around him in excitement.
"W-wait how do you know my name?"
"I can ask you the same thing. But I'm pretty sure we know each other based off of Taehyung."
I let go of Jungkook and crossed my arms.
"Listen we don't have that much time. I need your help."
Jungkook tilted his head and raised his eyebrow in confusion.
"What do you mean..?"
"I'll explain in the way there, but we need to go. Please just trust me." I pleaded.
"But-"
"Great." I grabbed his hand and walked with him out of the alleyway.

"What's going on Y/N?"
"It's Taehyung. He turned himself in."
Jungkook stopped, and tugged on my arm, forcing me to jolt backwards.
"W-why?" He stuttered, tears in his eyes.
"No don't cry, it's a good thing." I took a deep breath, and looked up at Jungkook.
"I hate to tell you this but, your mother framed Taehyung. So right now she, and the rest of the world thinks you're dead, and Taehyung's the one who killed you and your stepfather. My friend Jimin and I put the pieces together, and we're confident we can clear Taehyung's name. In order to do that, we need you. Please?"
I begged. A tear strolled down his face, and he quickly wiped it with his sleeve.

Jungkook sniffled, and gently placed his hand on my wrist.
"O-okay.." he mumbled, smiling sweetly.
I smiled back and ruffled his hair, before pulling out my phone.
12:28
"Good...there's still time." I mumbled to myself.
I dialed a taxi, and Jungkook and I were off. The ride to the station was long. Like every second we're equivalent to an entire decade.

Just as the taxi pulled over in front of the station, I noticed Mia walking inside the building.
"That little rat..." Jungkook mumbled, angrily opening the door of the car. I quickly grabbed his arm, and tugged on his sleeve.
"Don't. She could try to run if she see's you." I explained. He looked up, and watched as she walked into the building.
"...fine" he mumbled, letting out a sigh in frustration.
"I'm mad at her too, but we can't let anger take over our decisions."
He nodded his head in agreement, and I gently let go of his shirt. After about five minutes, Jungkook and I walked into the building.
"Y/N?"
I looked up, and my eyes widened.
"Oh...hey dad.." I nervously laughed.
"What are you doing here?" He questioned helping me up.
"Long story-"
"Uh miss Y/N, Jungkook? Can you follow me please?"
I looked over my father's shoulder, and made eye contact with a handsome prosecutor.
"Uh..sure."
Jungkook and I followed the man into the interrogation room, where Mia sat in the chair behind the glass. I turned over my shoulder, and smiled at Jimin, who handed the prosecutor his laptop with the evidence lined up in sequence.
"If what you're saying is true, than the answers to my questions should be the same. We have her statements documented and recorded, so any differences with this evidence in the questioning will be taken account for." He explained.
I nodded my head, and watched as he walked into the room.
"Where's Taehyung?" Jungkook whispered to Jimin. He shrugged his shoulders.
"Don't know. I think they took him in for questioning too." He walked up to Jungkook and patted his shoulder.
"Don't worry, we got this in the bag." He assured Jungkook. As much as I wanted to join the heartfelt conversation, my eyes stayed glued to he glass ahead of me.

Mia (aka Rachel's) P.O.V

"Okay Rachel. Please answer these questions truthfully and quickly. The sooner we get this done the quicker we can make a clear statement."
I nodded my head silently.
"Okay. Please recall what happened in the day of Taehyung's murder.."

"I was visiting my sister in the hotel on Archew street on Mylow Avenue. We had run out of ice in the hotel, which makes no sense, but I ended up running out to go get some. Suddenly, I heard yelling coming from an alleyway between the hotel and the convenient store. I peaked my head through, but there was no one there, but the voices continued to linger. Curious, I continued to walk the path , and ignored the exit in the left, until eventually, I saw a small house. I couldn't see well, but there was a woman and two boys. One boy had ran off, and the other one pulled out a gun and shot his father. The mother tried to escape, and tried running out the door, but he shot her too. In a panic, I hid behind a small garbage can. When the boy was certain the two were dead, he ran after his brother, and killed him too. It was truly sad." I explained to him once more.

"Ah, yes thank you...I just have a couple of questions. So for starters, you said he killed the father correct? Was it just the bullet, or was there any physical contact.

"He only shot him twice." I responded, crossing my legs.

"We did an autopsy on the father. There were bruises and marks on his head and neck, along with the shots. I'm positive you might of know the answer to those marks being there, but it does ruin the credibility of your story."

"...fair enough.."

"Next, the gun used to kill the man, was not owned by the father. The gun was one of a kind, in the Jeon family. A relative we spoke to confirmed that they made that gun. So there's no way they would have sold it to him. Plus, there's footage of a woman in a hoodie purchasing the gun from the shop."

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. My heart began beating rapidly fast.

"So the stepmother planned on killing the father. Her finger prints were also found on the murder weapon. Anyways, When you called the police and left, where did you leave through?"

"I left the way I came out."

"Is this you?" He questioned me turning the laptop.
"N-no, that's his stepmother..." I stuttered.
"His stepmother, right. So where are you? She's the only person leaving the way you happened to go in. Plus, you told us he killed the stepmother. She seems alive here to me."

"Are you calling me a liar? She could be leaving there from a different day.

"Impossible. In this footage the gun shots are heard, and she walks out a couple minutes later. And there's no way you came out after her, because the police arrive soon after she leaves."

"Am I free to go?" I interrupt him rudely.

"Not quite. You said Taehyung killed his stepbrother Jeon Jungkook Ma'am. But he's alive."

My heart stopped. "W-what??" I whispered, my vision getting blurry. He turned the laptop to me again, and I saw Taehyung and Jungkook running out of the opposite side of the alleyway.
There's no way that...
"He could have killed him in a place where there were no cameras!" I argued.
"Yes but you said that you saw Taehyung kill the whole family. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Your story no longer adds up, Rachel."
A tear ran down the side of my face.
"I'm telling the truth, prosecutor! Please believe me!"
"That's a speculation ma'am. And I rely on evidence, rather than a speculation. I'm sorry, but your story has lost all key points. Kim Taehyung is not responsible for any crimes, or murders. Jungkook and his mother are still alive."
"No! I told you they were dead!"

The man just shook his head and sighed.

"No way...." I mumbled to myself.
"People make mistakes!" I defended myself.
"He got away!"
The man shook his head.
"Oh yea? Where's the mother?" He questioned me again.
"I told you she's dead! She's dead!" I repeated, yelling loudly.
"I don't think so, because Jeon Mia, is sitting right here." He stated pointing at me.
"Jeon Mia, responsible for the planned murder of Kim Jihoon, and the framing of Kim Taehyung. You're under arrest." He stated, putting my hands behind my back.
I didn't object.
It was too late for me now. I sacrificed my whole family to cover my tracks.
My son Jungkook.
My poor stepson, Kim Taehyung.
I'm sorry. Lord, please forgive me...
I thought to myself, as they took me away.

*Your P.O.V*

I couldn't believe it. We did it, we really did it. I thought to myself. I turned to Jimin, and wrapped my arms around him tightly.
"We did it Y/N! We really did it!" He twirled me around in the air. I looked over my shoulder, at Jungkook sitting in the seat.

I ran over to him, and wrapped my arms around him too.
"Don't sorry Jungkook, it's all okay now." I whispered, wiping the tears from his cheek.
He nodded his head and smiled weakly.
"I know..thank you." He whispered.

A/N:

WOAH THAT WAS A LONG CHAPTER. I hope you enjoyed! and stay tuned for the next one ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 5.6K 42
Started: 2016 Ended: 2017 ❝You broke our promise. You cheated on me.❞ ❝Y/n let me explain it.❞ ❝Let's end our relationship.❞ 4 years later Jungkook c...
3.5K 133 14
"I promise to be with you, protect you, love you Kim Taehyung!" -J.J.K. * Jungkook and Taehyung. The persons who hate each other more than their enem...
114 16 16
Being cheated on is a nightmare. You are distressed, sad, hurt, and embarrassed. You were no longer willing to trust anyone. But what if someone cam...
6.3K 251 32
" I am gonna fuck you so hard that you can never walk again." He harshly pulled her in his embrace as she struggled to get away from him. "Heyy babe...