Marriage Fit For A King {Klan...

By KlanceandPhan

Keith Kogane. He works in a small Diner along with his older brother Shiro and younger sister Pidge. When his... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI

XIII

12.3K 515 1.6K
By KlanceandPhan

Keith's POV

"So it's settled. I'll see you tonight at the ball." I smiled, at Ryan who smiled right back at me.

"Yep. Can't wait, until then." He winked.

"Until then." I chuckled.

I turned and walked into the diner. What was I doing? Leading him on... Only to- No. I'm not going back to Lance. Ugh. Why must my brain argue with itself?

"So. How was your date with Ryan?" Pidge asked. I turned and saw her sitting at a table near one of the large windows.

"Great." I replied, continuing to walk towards the kitchen.

"Why must you be so stubborn?" She sighed.

I only shrugged and went upstairs, to flop onto my bed.

/|\

Lance's POV

"We have so much in common." I chuckled.

"I know! The way my sister described you, I took you as more of a jerk. You're really sweet actually." Alison smiled.

We were talking by the snack table, we had been dancing for hours. I still continued to scan the room for any sign of Keith.

"So. Keith?" She questioned.

"You know Keith?"

"Yeah... I also heard you were dating him?"

"Uh. No, not anymore actually-"

"Why not? You two would make an adorable couple."

"We should dance." I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the middle of the dance floor.

I scanned the room again, and what I saw, made my heart ache. I could feel my heart breaking.

Keith and Ryan were standing by the wall, kissing. He actually is happy.

"Oh Lance..." I looked down at Alison who was looking the same way I was. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be... I should have known..." I sighed.

"Lance-" I cut her off, by kissing her.

I don't even know why I did it. To give myself validation? To make Keith angry? I have no clue.

We pulled away from each other slowly.

"Lance... I'm sorry, I just don't like you in that way... When Allura told me about you, I figured we could become friends so I could tell you to stay the fuck away from her."

She pulled away from me, "Plus. It's not me you want, it's him." She pointed towards the wall where Keith had been standing. "Go get him, lover boy." She smiled.

"Thank you." I returned the smile and walked over towards Ryan, who was talking to Allura.

"Hey. Do you know where Keith is?" I asked.

"He went outside." He simply stated, grabbing Allura by the arm and dragging her off towards the dance floor.

I sighed, and walked outside to the gardens. He was sitting on the bench we always sat at.

In the middle of winter in just a tuxedo. I shook my head, and grabbed my sweater from inside the door. I walked over to him, and draped my sweater over his shoulders. He pulled it around himself, once realising what it was, he loosened his grip on it.

I sat beside him and he looked at me, his eyes were bloodshot and tears were rolling down he cheeks.

"What are you doing out here? It's like -10c." I questioned.

He sniffled in return.

"Keith. You mean the world to me, can you please at least tell me you don't feel the same way?"

Silence.

"Why did I think this would work..." I sighed.

"Lance..." I looked over at Keith, who looked back at me with red, glossy eyes.

"Im so stupid... I listened to Shiro and that made me doubt myself, and i broke up with you, because I thought it would be better for the both of us, but it's not. Everything hurts. Everything reminds me if you, and your amazing laugh and your gorgeous smile, and how it feels when you hold me and kiss me and... I'm so fucking dumb." He sighed.

"You're not stupid... You were thinking of me the whole time and I get that now. Though that didn't stop me from crying when I saw you with Ryan." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry." He spoke, looking down.

"Don't be. We both messed up." I smiled.

"Yeah. Who was that girl anyway?"

"Alison. She's the main reason I came out here. She made me realise that you only get one love..." I looked at Keith as he looked back up at me.

I felt myself moving closer to him. "You are warm. Like all the time." Keith spoke, as he moved closer to me and snuggled into my side.

He looked at me, and I smiled. Placing my hand on his cheek, pulling his face closer to mine. I put my forehead on his.

"Just kiss me, dork." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my neck. He pulled me closer as the distance between us was nothing more then a memory.

My hands made my way to his hips, as his fingers tangled him my hair. I pulled him into my lap, and deepened the kiss.

We both pulled away from each other breathing heavily. I kissed his cheek and pulled him closer and hugged him. Putting my head on his shoulder.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" I asked.

"I can make time for you." I could feel him smile.

"Good. How does 5 o'clock sound? I'll come to the diner and get you, if you'd like." I snuggled into him.

"We'd be late for the ball."

"So? I already found the person I want to marry..."

"Shut up..."

I chuckled to myself, and we continued to hug each other.

"One love, eh?" He questioned, laughing a bit.

"What of the one true loves the only one that you get? One love, one love you get, one love..." I sang.

"I hate you." He chuckled.

"Sure you do, babe." I smiled.

He pulled away from me, making me loosen my grip around his waist. He put his hands on my cheeks, "You are an idiot." He pulled me down and kissed my lips. "And I can't help but love that about you." He spoke, as I placed my forehead on his.

"So. You two made up, I see." I looked up and saw Ryan, standing by the doors.

"Oh. Ryan..." Keith smiled, pushing away from me and standing up. I could feel myself frowning.

"So, were you going to tell me you were just going to run back to your pathetic excuse of a boyfriend." Ryan spat, as Keith walked closer to him.

"Ryan, I'm sorry I just-"

"You just what? You were using me."

"It's not that-"

"Oh, it isn't? You said you actually liked me, that was a lie too. Just like all the shit you said about Lance." He shoved Keith back and continued to get in his face. I stood up and watched the two of them.

"Ryan-"

"Keith, why don't you tell Lance how dumb, and pathetic, and venerable he is."

"I never said that!"

"Oh really? Because, the fact that he was crying and you laughed really speaks for itself."

"That didn't-"

"Shut it, princess. I don't know what I saw in you, and I sure as hell don't see what Lance sees in you." With one last shove, Keith fell on the ground, and Ryan kicked him.

I waked up to him and put my foot in front of his. "Kicking isn't nice." I smiled.

Ryan growled, and tried to punch me, I caught his fist with my hand and hooked my leg around his, pulling out his foot from under him causing him too fall.

Keith was already standing up, but he held his side. "Did he kick you hard?" I asked, placing my hand overtop of Keith's hand that held his side.

"I should be fine." He smiled.

I nodded and turned back towards Ryan who only ran back inside. "I didn't even hit him..." I shrugged.

I heard Keith chuckle as I turned back around to face him.

"Ya know, I don't think I've ever felt more helpless then I did when fighting with you." Keith sighed, as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"As long as I'm alive, Keith, I swear to god you'll never feel so helpless." I smiled, pulling him close and kissing his forehead.

"You're a cheese ball." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my neck and rested his head on my chest.

"Everyone's around, no words are coming now. And I can't find breath, can we just say the rest with no sound. And I know this isn't enough, I still don't measure up. And I'm not prepared, sorry is never there when you need it." I sang as I swayed myself and Keith back and forth, he lifted his head to lock eyes with me.

He smiled back at me and I continued, him swaying along with me and soon singing. "And I do, want you to know I hold you up above everyone and I do, want you to know I'd think you'd be good to me, and I'd be so good to you." He laughed.

"I would." I put my forehead on his.

"I though I saw a sign, somewhere between the lines, and maybe it's me, maybe I only see what I want. And I still have you letter, just got caught between someone who I invented, who I really am, and who I've become." Keith sang.

Wow. For someone who says they can't sing, boy could he. He had such an amazing voice.

"And I do, I want you to know I hold you up, above everyone. And I do, I want you know I think that you'd be good to me, and I'd be so good to you." We sang, and started to ball room dance.

Surprisingly Keith has gotten better at waltzing.

"Woah... Woah... Woah... Woah... Woah... Oh... Oh..." Keith laughed at the high notes we were both hitting as we sang and danced in the snow. "And I do, I want you to know I hold you up above everyone. And I do, I want you to know I think, that you'd be good to me and I'd be so good to you... I would."

We stopped at the song was over and we were both out of breath.

"Lance... I couldn't have wished for a better Prince Charming." He smiled, pressing his lips to mine lightly.

I've missed him. We only fought for a day, I don't think I could have made it much longer.

-----
~Word Count: 1733~
So. That's that.
I'm obsessed with Friends, send help.
How was your Christmas? I hope it was good.
Also, this was kinda not really totally a filler chapter.
So, I'm just gonna tell you... Keith is a Emo Weeb and Lance is a furry.
Vote, comment follow me because I am everything that Keith and Lance are. ^ (And more.)
Okay.
Bye.
-Lance🦁💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 143 63
SEQUEL IS NOW PUBLISHED 'Her Bad Lovergirl' IS UP!!! (I was young when I wrote this book. And I had no knowledge of writing or anything. So just a wa...
148 33 8
(Klance Fanfic = Keith × Lance = Boy × Boy) Keith Kogane is a lonely emo (Nobody notice's) senior in highschool, with Hunk and Pidge being his on...
4.4K 113 25
(WARNING: we do not own any characters they all belong to voltron) A tale between two young highschoolers , Lance McClain and Keith Kogane. A love st...
99.7K 5K 19
Keith Kogane never once thought in the short seventeen years of his life that he would somehow find himself stumbling across a roller rink with a pan...