FALLING HEART

By Kaavvii

The red string of fate that connects the two soul mates was broken by him, not me, never me. The fate that wa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
From Zairi to Aeran
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36 (i)
36 (ii)
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
From Aeran to Zairi
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Author's Note

43

12.6K 442 33
By Kaavvii

I slowed my steps as I reached the Pack house.My breaths coming short because of all the exertion I had put my body through.

The similar sight didn't help in calming my nerves.Until and unless I see Ma alright and in good health with my own eyes, I won't be able to rest in peace.

I marched inside the decorated house.The whole house was in an uproar.People still busy in preparing for the big party that was about to happen.Putting their last touches for the ceremony.Readying everything.

I didn't stop and carried on in my search.I passed people who had stopped to look at the intruder.They didn't matter.No one tried to stop me and I continued on.

Ma wasn't inside.Where is she then..?

A sudden movement on my right caught my attention.Alpha Zed.I saw him tense as someone relayed something in his ears.With out any further ado he was running out the door ,not heeding his wife's call.

An instinct inside forced me to follow him as if knowing that's where I 'll find her.

Out of nowhere a hand snatched my arm and halted my progress towards the back door.I looked at the body attached to the hand.

"Who invited you..?" A furious scowl marring her perfect beauty.Ravine.

I jerked my hand back out of her hold.There were matters more important to deal with than her.Ma.Where are you..?I was getting really worried.Did she know about it all.?Did someone tell her something..?Where could she go..?

I tried to ignore Ravine but maybe she wasn't impressed by my tactics.Grabbing a hold of my unbound hair she stopped me again.I flinched and paused.

I had enough.

Staring at her with nothing but pure hatred in my eyes I uttered two simple words."Leave me."

She jerked feeling the fear she had not expected.I retained the hard look in my eyes not letting them stray away.I knew when her eyes widened that my eyes were shining red.Her grip loosened and I got away quickly.Turning back to her I stared her down until her eyes looked away.She was uneasy by this new change.I could see it in her eyes.In her demeanor.

And I couldn't care less about her.Right now Ma was my only priority.

I raced outside and continued on till the Great Hall.I frowned as I saw Alpha Zed there along with some of the Elders and other Patrolling officers in a heated discussion.

Inside. 

Something told me loud and clear.

That's when I started running,not registering anything or anyone.I let my feet take me.They know Ma is here.

I took a few steps towards the main door when two people blocked my entry.I looked at them with confusion.Why are they stopping me.?

"You should not be here.No one is allowed to enter.Alpha's orders." One of the two men said.I recognized them.They were the warriors who are supposed to guard the boundaries and are called upon when a fight with other clans or something frightening happens that need only the strongest of the men present.

I was usually scared of them.They were trained to kill without any mercy , skilled in many war forms.Strangely today I didn't feel anything.There was someone inside that was calling for me .I had to go inside and no one was stopping me today.

"I-I have to go inside.Please just let me go through." I said in a trembling voice.If Ma is inside  I have to be there as well.

"We are under orders.We can't let anyone go inside." The same one from before replied with pity in his eyes.

There was this urgency inside me.If I didn't go in now I'll not be same anymore.I knew it.

"Let me go." I said again with some authority in my voice.Even though they never consider me , I am still their Luna.They have to respect my commands.

"You are not allowed to go in." The other one growled this time.

No they can't stop me from going inside.

Something was about to burst and If Ma is not there to calm it I don't know what'll happen.

I needed Ma.

I had this worst feeling in my gut.I have to get inside.

They can't stop me.

They.Can't.Stop.Me.

As if the thought was it all needed.Suddenly the two warriors were pushed with such force that they were flying up in the air and down the ground with lightening speed.Blood was pouring out one of them and the other was knocked down.I heard shouting and gasps from other people.

Anger.

Disbelief.

Fear.

It was radiating in vibes in the air and I was scared now.I could sense it.How can I do that..?Something is wrong.Something's about to happen.Not good at all.

I rushed inside not caring about anything but being inside.This tornado inside could only be calmed by Ma.

I opened the closed doors and a faint smell suddenly hit me.It stopped me in my tracks.

Death.

Someone died .

A smell I wasn't used to.

Darkness greeted me. But I could still see everything as clear as in light.

I walked hesitatingly, scared to find something I didn't want to see.

There was someone on the ground just a few feet away from me.I froze.Something was warning me to not cross that distance,to just be where I was.To not take those few steps.It felt as if my body knew what it was and it was forcing itself to stop.I broke the hold and staggered to the the figure lying face down.Very slowly so as to not disturb anyone or the figure lying I crouched down before the prone figure.

With trembling fingers I touched the figure's head and a jolt of energy released making me fall back wards a few paces away.

No. It can't be.It can't be.

I closed the distance again on my all fours and lifted my hand to touch the head again.I shifted the body and there it was.

The truth I was fearing and too afraid to accept.

MA.

Everything vanished right before my eyes except Ma's beautiful face so lifeless.So calm.So peaceful.

So pale.

I croaked "Ma."

No answer. Again I tried "Ma.." A little louder.

No answer again.

"Ma what are you doing sleeping here.You'll catch a cold." I said not knowing why Ma wasn't answering.

My shaking worsened.

"Ma if you think it's funny then you are wrong.I won't talk to you ever again if you don't open your eyes right now and stop this foolishness.I am not kidding."

Nothing.

"Ma..stop it.You are scaring me " I said a little louder this time."You know I just saw this strange dream where you were calling me out but I couldn't find you.Why Ma..?Why are you playing all these tricks.You know I hate them. Sekra helped you in this didn't she..?"

Sensing a movement I looked up to find Aeran and few other members of the pack.They were just staring at me with pity in their eyes.

"Aeran , a-ask her t-to get u-up now.Y-y ou are the A-a-alpha here .she w-won't be ab-l-ll-ee to refuse y-yyour comman-nn-d."I stuttered as the shaking in my limbs worsened.I was feeling cold. He stared at me with pain etched on his face.

Why is he not doing anything.?

"Why isn't she opening her eyes..??Tell her to get up.." Rage was awakening inside and I didn't knew what to do to compel it back down again.

I turned my head down "Ma..Look you have them all gathered here now.Please stop this and get up.Please Ma.."

I shook her with my trembling fingers.Touching her face.It was cold.No warmth prickled my sensitive fingers.I jerked back.

Her eyes didn't even twitch.Her face was white and cold.So cold.Her lips had turned blue.Serenity was all over her face.

"Zairiya .." I looked up at Aeran's voice.He was shaking his head.I looked at him confused.

"Aeran , Ma's very cold .Please just help her.I won't ever ask for anything from you.Just wake her up..Help me this time.Please Aeran I beg you.I'll give you anything.Yes, you want me to go right.I -I'll leave this place.I'll never return back b-but I can't do t-that if Ma's not there with me isn't it..??.Just get my Ma to open her eyes.Please." I said sensing something wet on my cheeks.

His eyes widened and he stumbled backwards.

What are they all doing..?

"Why aren't you doing anything..?Stop standing there like a fool.I told you I'll leave , just get her to open her eyes.You know she'll die if you don't do anything." I shouted at him.Rage was burning inside me and I didn't want to calm it down now.

"Zairi she can't open her eyes now." I looked up to find Dane with tears flowing down his cheeks.He seemed scared.His eyes didn't leave my face.

I looked down again at Ma's pale face."Stop your blabber."

"Zairi..please ...she cannot...."

"Shut up." I shouted uncaring."Ma will get up any minute now.So you can just SHUT UP NOW."

I tried again.Cradling her face I tried again to rouse her form this deep sleep."Ma please get up.Please Ma.Don't stay asleep like this.You are gonna make me cry.I'll start crying Ma and I know you don't like that.You don't like me crying,right Ma..?So please get up now."

I couldn't tell her that the tears were already falling.A red tear dropped on her cheek and I rubbed it away from her cheek."Ma see what you did.You have done it .Don't scold me when you get up now."

But she didn't wake up.Not when I kept on shaking her to get up.Not when I shouted at her to wake. 

And not when her cheeks started gathering those red drops.

Her eyes remained closed.

She didn't wake up.

Reality hit with pain so fierce , so impossible to control.I let it all out.

Crashing sounds registered in my head but I couldn't look away from Ma.

My eyes started seeing red.Blurring.Drops of red hit her face and kept on flowing .I kept cleaning them .

"Zairi . Please let her go and come here.She can't come back.Dry your face please.Stop crying." Dane came near me and put his hand on my shoulder.I shrugged it off and kept on cleaning Ma's face.

Ma left me.

She's not here anymore.

She won't ever smile at me.

Won't ever cook for me.

Won't ever kiss my forehead.

Won't ever cuddle me.

Won't ever admonish me when the spell's wrong.

Won't ever try to wake me up by her tricks.

Won't ever make me laugh.

Won't ever give me that teary smile when she's going away for some errand.

Won't ever make me understand something I find difficult.

Won't ever compel me to try that green dress.

Won't ever say my name in that soothing voice of her.

Won't ever hug me to calm my fears.

Won't ever look at me with those vibrant eyes of her.

 Won't ever be waiting for me at home.

Home.There's no Home now.  

SHE WON'T EVER GET UP.

SHE LEFT ME ALONE IN THIS WORLD.

SHE WON'T COME BACK.

SHE 'S GONE.

NO.NO NO.NO....

"NO......................MA.........." I screamed, all the agony of the loss came out in gut wrenching cries."MA..." I kept on shouting..Calling her back to me.

"MA...PLEASE...COME BACK....MA........MAMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

My world stopped moving.

The spell was broken.At last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 1.1K 35
Evelyn has lived in fear and hiding for her whole life; she yearns to one day live in peace, comfort, and happiness. All she wanted was to meet her m...
2.2M 54.5K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
3.8K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...
24 8 7
She was born a princess loved and pampered he was born a prince loved yet with a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. she feared love, and wanted...