Single People

By wysiwygb

Single people are miserable. Single people care about finding a partner. Single people live superficial lives... More

Home
Switzerland
Canada
England
Germany
Sweden
Australia
The End
Book Four : Powerful Women

Japan

343 40 1
By wysiwygb

She was exhausted by the time she reached Japan, physically drained but never mentally. No her mind was buzzing with new ideas, a new adventure, a new country to explore. She tried the exceptional street foods she had always dreamed of tasting, she didn't care what it was; she paid for it and took a bite as soon as she could. It was all new to her. Her parents would usually hire somebody to cook their meals, but they could never compete with the food in Japan.

She found herself in temples, completely relaxed. She ate as much sushi as she could, stopping by in every sushi place she walked past. She loved it, the taste and feeling of fresh fish on her tongue. The sweetness of the rice.

A night in Japan she found herself crying on a bench in the middle of a busy street. She wasn't sad, in fact, the opposite. She couldn't believe she was this fortunate to experience everything she had done so far. The different countries, meeting different people, exploring. It was what she wanted to do since a young girl. She cried tears of joy, overjoyed and bursting with energy.

Her mother always claimed she had no real responsibilities, that she needed to find a husband to be a responsible adult. However she believed this was her responsibility; to travel, meet new people, experience different cultures. That was her responsibility.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
30.1K 3.6K 39
It's gonna be short stories. Most of the stories will be around 10 to 15 chapters. If you are new to my profile, do check out the short stories I.
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...