Enclosed Perimeters (Yandere...

By Cloakedranger

With summer vacation starting for (F/n) (L/n), she finds herself taking on a new job to earn some extra money... More

A/N: Responses to Comments/Questions
Summer Earnings
Mere Observation
Dust Coverings
Strange Occurences
Waking up to Night
A Possible Reassurance
Safety Secured
Visitor
A Communication Problem
Waterfall
Little Rest for the Defenseless
Eating Scared
A Menace
Soon, very soon
Consequence
Limited
Impression and Meet
Pause
Past and New Obsession
New Conditions
A Name's Price
Back to Silence
Physical Watch
Follow the Leader
Ruin Breakfast
Ring a Little
Break a Tear
Garden Asleep
Puzzlement
A Needle and Thoughts
Breakfast Date
Watching Inquiries
A Puzzle Piece
Another Memory
Begin the Second Week
Nearly Injured
A Read for Thought
Troublesome Clothes
Liar's Suffering
Hunt
Inspect
Picture of Fortune
Fuchsia
Enragement
Maybe, Tolerable
Building a Pet House?
Talent in Question
Clock
A Required Rest
Tell a Tale
Happiness and Sadness
Package a Gift
Mastery of Vanishing
Conversation of Cards
Stars in Sight
Under the Sun
Sunny Research
A Little Bit of Ruin
Delicacy
Even until Morning
Return
Epilogue
Drem
Paperback and Ebook Available!

Snuffed Chance

5.6K 353 267
By Cloakedranger

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

"Drem, did you come across something?" she asked, her focus solely on the opened book now but turning towards the notepad now.

Yes ... but it isn't good news. It looks like the seal is permanent. I really am going to be stuck here forever. Still, it was considerate of you to offer the possibility of me being able to leave. I really wanted to follow you home and cuddle with you more.

Despite his ending remark, she could catch the gloom eating away at him. He had written the message slowly, as though he was trying not to cry or laugh out in misery. It was as if even writing down the words were a struggle for him.

Just to double-check his statement, she pulled the book over to herself and scanned the pages that it was open to. As she read on, her hope that he had read it wrong was fading. From the words of the book, the seal was indeed eternal and couldn't be broken. It even further clarified that the spell utilized on Drem to rip his spirit from his body was irreversible unless the art of necromancy was involved.

In order to smother the growing somber mood, she closed the book and declared, "Tomorrow, Drem, I'll show you something spectacular in the evening." She proceeded to stand up and start picking up the books. When they were all gathered up in her arms, she felt a sharp cold sensation on her left cheek before cold brushed past her.

She rolled her eyes and headed on inside, muttering, "That wasn't necessary nor wanted." Funny enough, though, she secretly wanted to hear him chuckle or react in some way. (F/n) even glanced back, only to see nothing, except for her dishes being picked up. A sigh escaped her lips, as she turned on her heel and continued on her way to the garage.

Making her way inside the space, she began to put the books back in the box. Once she was finished, she looked over to the wall above the workbench, which she was once scared of. Now, she knew that Drem probably wouldn't use any of those tools against her.

Still, the large piece of beige fabric covering what rested on the workbench caught her interest. She had noted it on her last trip into the garage, but she had been more concerned about the search at that time. (F/n) made her way over to it and could only wonder at what Drem was planning. Of course, she knew that he was working on making a doll for himself, but she couldn't help but feel that it was something more than that. Even if it wasn't, she wished to see the progress of the doll.

Extending out her right hand towards the sheet, she went to remove it but was stopped. She felt cold wrap around her wrist, and she figured that Drem had seen what she was about to do as he was entering the kitchen. Still, the cold was uncomfortable. "Alright, I won't peek at it, but can you let go?"

Soon enough, the chill around her wrist vanished, but the cold in the room remained. "Will I be able to see it soon? One tap for yes, two for no," she stated before she felt one cold tap. Nodding in response, she voiced, "Even though, having a doll follow me around is kind of creepy, I still wish to see it. Anyway, I'm going to watch some television before I go to bed. Do you want to watch with me to clear your head of the unfortunate news?"

Another chilly tap hit against her right cheek. With that, she headed back inside and closed the garage door once she felt the cold brush by her. A few moments passed, and she was on the couch, watching a simple mystery movie. Drem had gone back into his monkey form and was sitting on her lap. Absentmindedly, she brought her right hand up to the top of his head and softly petted it, much to the delight of Drem.

~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up to the sound of rushing water and soft music in the background, (f/n) opened her (e/c) eyes confused by the combination. Tiredly, she looked around and found herself still on the couch, though, lying down now. Drem was sitting up and resting against her midsection. Her eyes peered over to the television, and she found the source of the sound. It was a simple dancing scene between two characters, where both of them were in the woods, while a waterfall was behind them.

Drem hadn't even noticed that she was awake yet. Maybe, he had, but he wasn't doing anything about it. Rather, his attention seemed to be focused on the screen. She had to agree that it was a peaceful scene to watch and to wake up to.

Remaining quiet, she just watched it with him and enjoyed the soft notes of music and the graceful ones of the waterfall. When the scene neared its end, she noted Drem turning towards her before his gaze rested on hers. "Good morning," she breathed out, as a small yawn escaped her lips.

Sitting up, she moved Drem to the right side of her and stretched some. Soon, she got to her feet and turned off the television; after Drem had nodded that he didn't mind it being turned off. She headed off to her room and grabbed a change of clothes before she headed into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

There was still a bowl of hard candies in the bathroom, while the knives and other candies had been picked up and put away. She removed the wrapper of a blue raspberry one, placed it in her mouth and entered the shower.

Upon finishing, she changed into some new undergarments, a pale green blouse and blue denim capris. When she exited the bathroom, she nearly tripped on Drem. He stared up at her and signaled for her to follow him. She found no reason not to at this point and did so.

They entered the kitchen, and she was greeted by a breakfast made by him. It was rather grand, considering the fact that various fruit, whipped crème and syrup covered two Belgium waffles. A glass of orange juice was nearby, while some sausage was on a side plate. She took a seat and looked over the meal. "You really went all out, didn't you?" Glancing over at the notepad and pen on the counter, she waited for his response, as the atmosphere grew colder.

It is the fourteenth day of your stay here after all. I couldn't just give you any breakfast. It had to be perfect, so I hope that you enjoy it. Besides, it will probably be your last breakfast that's prepared by me. I have to leave a good impression on you.

"It is, isn't it? I guess that this is the last full day that I'll be staying here. It went by quicker than I could imagine."

Well, we still have today, my love. So, you haven't gotten rid of me yet. Who knows, though, maybe, Nathan will let you stay the night with me.

"I think that even if he offered, I wouldn't agree to that. I've spent enough nights with you, and I especially don't want to spend one with you when you haven't seen me in a week or so. No matter what you do, Drem, you're still a pervert."

I wouldn't do something like that to you anymore. I was just pissed off back then, and it was a way to get back at Nathan. Then again, it was a terrible way to get back at someone. I'm just glad that I stopped before I had made that mistake. I apologize again for my past treatment of you.

"I accept your apology, but I need your promise that you won't do something like that again," she voiced, as she cut off a piece of waffle and added some fruit and whipped crème to the already syrup covered bite.

Yes, I promise not to. I'm not going to lie, though. I still like seeing you terrified from time to time. You look very adorable in those moments. It just makes me want to run over and hug you, to reassure you that you won't actually be harmed.

(F/n) just shook her head in disapproval but found his truthful statement to be somewhat comical. It was still disturbing, though. Perhaps, she could compare it to a smiling little kid explaining an intricate understanding of the concept of death. When she made this comparison, it just became more unsettling. Granted, it reminded her of Drem's full personality. He could still be a sadistic a**hole if he chose to be.

"Maybe, you should keep your weird thoughts to yourself. Otherwise, my neutral opinion of you may change back to my original opinion," she threatened, though; she doubted that would happen. She had gotten to know him too well to ever revert back to that stage.

That wouldn't actually happen, would it? I've worked so hard to get you to like me more! Don't bring me to tears now, my love!

Easily being able to imagine him whining at her, she laughed quietly, since she wasn't able to help herself. Honestly, his reaction was unexpected. She was more or less anticipating him to hit her or something like that. Instead, she received something positive in her opinion. "Don't worry, Drem. I understand that you still can be an utter jerk at times," she chuckled out.

You're just too mean to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.1K 18
(DISCONTINUED!) In a modern alternative world, there is a government job system where an employee from any workplace has the chance of not only touri...
627K 17.4K 34
Amelia Sage is trying her best to help her family get more money. Since Amelia lives with her divorced mom, things are much harder, they have many de...
139K 5.4K 36
โฅ๏ธŽ ษช แด„แด€ษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› สแดแดœ ษขแด yandere! roommates x reader โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...
57.9K 1.1K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...