Rockstar [Norminah]

By DivineSucculents

A young, dumb and broke Dinah Jane Hansen needs to find a way to make money. One day, her roommate finds out... More

Ch. 1: IHOP
Ch. 2: Nerves
Ch.3: Performances and Ex-Girlfriends
Ch. 4: The Meeting
Ch. 5: What Happens in the Studio...
Ch. 6: Stays in the Studio....
Ch. 7: New Song, New Team, and New Habits
Ch. 8: Congratulations
Ch. 9: Bed of Lies
Part 10: Captain Save a Hoe
Ch. 11: Revelations Pt. 1
Ch. 12: Revelations Pt. 2
Ch. 13: Aftermath
Ch. 15: Break-ins and Breakthroughs
Ch. 16: Tea, Tea, and More Tea
Ch. 17: Is this real? I guess not...
Ch. 18: All Hail, Normani
Ch. 19: #NorminahRise
Ch. 20: A Treacherous Past
Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 1)
Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 2)
Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 3)
Ch. 22: Studio Vibes ❤️ (I)

Ch. 14: A date?

2.4K 116 123
By DivineSucculents

"Dinah that's not fair !! You cheated!!", Normani exclaimed while walking towards the Chinese food restaurant.

Dinah gasped loudly, flabbergasted that Normani accused her of cheating when she was the one that had a head start. "How did I cheat, when you're the one who had a head start ? If anything, you're the cheater. You're a cheater cheater pumpkin eater", Dianh teased while opening the door for the shorter woman.

"No, I'm not!  You're the cheater!  You're a cheater cheater face beater!", Normani teased while sticking her tongue out at Dinah, who was still holding the door open for Her.

Dinah chuckled at the shorter girl's reference to Camila's ass whoopin'.

Seeing that the conversation was dying down, Normani walked through the door, making sure to tell Dinah "Thank you". Dinah followed behind her, eyes happening to land on Normani's voluptuous ass clad in tight Victoria secret joggers. The taller woman's eyes were practically glued to Normani's ass as a mouse's eyes would be on a big, scrumptious, piece of cheese. Feeling eyes on her, Normani swiftly turned around to face Dinah, whose eyes averted away from Normani's assets. Dinah quickly focused her gaze on Normani to make it seem as though she wasn't just practically eating her ass with her eyes mere seconds ago.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer", Normani said cockily while smirking at Dinah.

Feeling as if she were a kid getting caught for stealing a cookie out of a cookie jar, heat rushed to Dinah's cheeks, which were now a light shade of red.

"What's wrong Dinah? Cat got your tongue?". Normani's smirk grew even wider and Dinah's cheeks got redder at Normani's statement. She could see that Dinah was beyond embarrassed and flustered. For some strange reason, Normani found Dinah's embarrassment amusing.  Maybe it's because Dinah's embarrassed face is cute? But not cute I want to date you cute, but more like a "baby cute" or a pet bunny cute, nothing more than that. Last thing I need right now is to catch feelings and have another "Camila" situation. I been there, done that and don't want to get back on crack.

"U-Um, let's go order the food, yeah?", Dinah said, trying to change the subject and avoid further embarrassment.

"Gladly, I'm so hungry I can eat your dick".

Dinah's eyes widened in surprise. "H-huh? What did you just say?".

Normani raised her eyebrows at Dinah's sudden stutter and widened eyes. "I said, 'Gladly, I'm so hungry that I can eat a whole house with a car on the side".

Dinah chuckled uneasily and rubbed the back of her neck, "Oh okay, that's what I thought you said, I was just making sure." Come on Dinah, get your head out of the gutter and calm down! If you keep this up you're going to scare Normani away and she'll never "eat your dick", or bounce her booty like a basketball as she rides you. Get your shit together and get your girl!

Normani kept her eyebrows raised and observed Dinah. She could tell something about Dinah was definitely off.  For starters, Dinah was acting awkward, which left Normani puzzled because when they had first arrived at the restaurant, she was acting normal. And now, she's acting all weird and awkward all of a sudden. Maybe she'll get better once some food gets in her system.

Seeing that Dinah was just awkwardly standing in front of Normani with her eyes shifting back and forth, unsure of what to do or say next, Normani sighed and walked over to the counter. Dinah's eyes widened in fear that Normani would just order her food and leave, not wanting to spend anymore time with Dinah.  In fear of Normani leaving, Dinah briskly walked over to the curly haired woman to make sure that wouldn't happen.

"Hello, how may I help you?", a middle-aged Chinese woman said to Normani.

Normani gave the menu that was on the counter a one-over to decide what she wanted. After deciding, she stated, "Hi, can I get chicken wings with pork-fried rice and a Fiji water?".

"For here or to go?"

Normani glanced at Dinah, who was looking at her intently, and gave her a small smile. "For here, please."

The woman nodded and typed away on the cash register.   She then turned to Dinah and asked, "What would you like?".

"Can I have an egg roll, white rice, and chicken and broccoli with a Sprite, please?".

The middle-aged woman nodded and once again typed furiously on the cash register. She then looked up at Dinah with her brown, beady eyes and asked, "For here or to go?".

"To go", Dinah said with an emotion-less expression on her face.

Normani turned her head, looking at Dinah incredulously at Dinah.  I know this bitch did not...How she going to offer to get food with me, then take it to go, when I deadass just said I wanted to eat it here. Is she good?  I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Dinah, but she needs to get her act together before I take her car and drive my ass to Chick-fil-A and then back to the studio. She must think I'm a damn fool if I'm going to sit here and tolerate this bullshit. And to think I was actually going to let her be my friend.

"Bitch the fuck? I know you're not about to act like we didn't come here to enjoy a nice ass American-Chinese meal. You got me fucked up!", Normani yelled, making some of the customers stare at her with eyes as wide as Tyra Bank's forehead. Normani then directed her attention to the Chinese woman who was confused as to what was going on, and stated, "You know what? I'll take my food to go and make sure to put it on her card. Thank you, and have a good day". With that, Normani smiled at the woman and began to walk away. However, she didn't get that far when she felt a strong ass tug on her arm.

"Wait Normani! I was joking!", Dinah pleaded.

Normani scoffed and turned to face Dinah. "Let go of me, Dinah. I'm lowkey tired of your shit. One second you're funny, kind, and an all-around good person to hang around with. But, then the next second, you act stupid as hell and do dumb shit like you're five years old."

Wanting to respect Normani's wishes, Dinah let go of her arm. Even though Normani technically just insulted Dinah, Dinah decided she didn't want to clapback at Normani for being bi-polar since the moment she met her.    Instead, she decided she would make light of the situation to calm Normani down and persuade her into eating dinner with her because she really wanted to spend time with Normani.

"So you're saying you like spending time with me?", Dinah asked while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Is that really the only thing you heard me just say? Out of everything I just told you? That's the only thing you just heard me say?". Normani folded her arms, narrowing her eyes at Dinah.

"No, but it is the most important thing I heard you say", Dinah says while shrugging.

"May I ask why?"

"Why what?", Dinah asked, trying to play dumb. She really didn't want to answer Normani's question because it might reveal that she has feelings for the brown-skinned beauty.

"Why do you care whether I like spending time with you or not?", Normani raised her eyebrow in question.

Dinah thought for a moment, trying to concoct an answer in her head that not only made sense, but wouldn't reveal too much of how she feels towards Normani. So, she decided to look at Normani with soft eyes and say with sincerity in her voice, "I truly think you're an amazing and beautiful woman on the inside and out, despite your attitude sometimes. I also find you intriguing and funny as well, which are only some of the many reasons I like spending time with you. So, I care about whether you like spending time with me or not because I like spending time with you, and I want to make sure you like spending time with me as well".

Normani smiled widely at Dinah, and when I say wide, I mean she was over there cheesing so hard that it looked like her cheeks were going to hurt if she smiled any longer. She then walked over to Dinah and pinched her cheek while saying, "Awwww Dinah, that's one of the sweetest things somebody has ever said to me. I accept your apology."

The taller woman felt as though her whole face was on fire due to Normani's hand being on her cheek. Even though Normani's grip on Dinah's cheek was starting to hurt, Dinah smiled through the pain because her soon-to-be wife was touching her.  Score 1 for Dinah, Captain Crunch, -100. Well technically she doesn't have negative 100, because the game of who can get Normani's heart first just started, but she's still loosing because she has 0. The fact that Normani even dated that woman? Snake? Devil?  Whatever she is, really pisses me off.  She doesn't even deserve Normani at all.  I know Normani said not to get involved in her private life, but I swear if she says some dumb shit again, I'm going to beat her ass again. Only this time, it may be with a bat, if she acts too out of pocket, and you can bet your ass I'm not going to apologize to Normani or Chick-Fil-Z's fans when she wakes up dead.

After reflecting on her decision that she's not going to apologize for beating Camila's ass again, it dawned on Dinah that Normani was still pinching her cheek. Which, was beginning to hurt by the way.

"Normani can you let go of my cheek now, it's starting to hurt."

"Oh my gosh, sorry. I didn't mean to pinch you that hard", Normani stated, quickly letting go of Dinah's cheek as if it were the plague.

"It's fine, the pain wasn't anything I couldn't  handle", Dinah stated nonchalantly.

Normani raised her eyebrow in an inquisitive manner, "Oh yeah? And what can you handle?".

Dinah smirked back at Normani and stated, "You". She then winked flirtatiously at the curly-haired woman and walked back to the counter to get her food because she was starving.

Normani smirked to herself and thought, Oh, we'll see about that.  She then followed behind Dinah to the counter so she can get her order.

"Hi, I was here earlier and I said I wanted my order to go. But, I actually want my order for here."

The middle-aged woman stared at Dinah with a blank expression. "And you're telling me this because?".

Dinah was taken aback by the woman's attitude, but decided to be nice anyways, because she didn't want to make a scene in the restaurant. The last thing she needed was to go to jail for beating someone's ass again. "Because I would like to have my order on a plate, instead of in the styrofoam container", Dinah fake smiled.

"Listen, the food was already made and it's in the styrofoam. I don't have time for you and your girlfriend's games. You told me you wanted it to go, so I told the chefs to put your food in the to-go containers because that's my job. If you have a problem, you can speak with the manager.", the woman quipped.

Not appreciative of the woman's tone, Dinah said, "I would like to speak with the manager please."

The cashier smirked and did a dramatic ass 360 turn as if she was about to transform into a whole new being. You would've thought the bitch was turning into the Hulk, a frog, princess Ariel  when she finally got  her legs, or  Kayne after he gained weight she turned around so damn hard. After doing her 360 spin, the cashier smiled and stated, "Hello, I'm the manager. What seems to be the problem?".

Normani busted out laughing at the smaller woman's antics. She was laughing so hard that she  doubled over and  tears began to fall from her eyes.   After laughing for a good 5 minutes , Normani's laughter subsided and she rose back up to her normal posture, continuing to wipe away some stray tears.

Dinah rolled her eyes at Normani and deadpanned, "It wasn't that funny".

Normani lightly chuckled, while wiping another tear from her eyes. "Are you kidding me? That shit was funny as fuck. Did you not see her spin?".  Turning to the manger/cashier, Normani stated, "You're acting skills are A1, you should really think about quitting  this job and becoming an actress."

 Dinah's jaw dropped and her eyes widened, while looking at Normani.  I can't believe Normani really just lied to this woman's face like that. Her acting is fucking terrible and she's downright disrespectful. Talking about some: I'm the manager.  Just shut the fuck up and give me my food, how bout dah?

The manager laughed and bowed. "Thank you, thank you. I try. But, I would never quit my job, this is a family owned restaurant. It used to my my great-great grandfather's, who then passed it to my great-grandfather's, who then passed it to my grandfather, who then passed it to my father, who then passed it to me."

"Wow, how fascinating. I always wanted to run a business of some sort", Normani  said in wonder, suddenly taking an  interest in this woman's life-story.  She truly did want to own a business of her own someday, and leave the music industry. Being in the industry for so many years has worn Normani down, and she was starting to take interest in other things that were less stressful and less invasive of her privacy.

Dinah looked at Normani, astonished that she was actually taking interest in this woman, after she just witnessed how rude this woman was.

"You should try it. It can be challenging though, but if you're focused and have a good head on your shoulders, which it seems like you do, you should be fine. I-".

"Look, can we get our food now, I'm extremely hungry and you seem mighty hungry too because I can smell your breath from over here. The shit smells like stale air, ass, and cabbage.  Please do us and yourself by giving us our food so you can go back there and take a dinner break.", Dinah sassed.

"Dinah apologize!", Normani exclaimed while hitting Dinah's toned arm, "You don't say that stuff to people, especially those who make your food!".

"No it's fine, she doesn't need to apologize. Here's your food, I don't want to make your girlfriend any angrier than she already is". With that, the manager gave Normani a tray that had her food, as well as a to-go-bag with Dinah's food.

"She's not my girlfriend", Normani stated indifferently.

"Well in that case, take my card. Maybe we can discuss possible business ventures over dinner", the woman smiled, giving Normani her card.

Normani didn't want to be rude by not taking the card, so she took it. But, she knew good and damn well she wasn't going to call this woman because 1, she isn't interested in dating someone, 2, she's old, and 3, she's simply not her type.  At least she had some sense to not ask for my number because if so, she would've gotten a fake, just like all the other women who have asked me before.  I don't just give my number to anybody. I'm a very picky person when it comes to giving out my private information, especially if it's wanted by a potential suitor.

Seeing the woman shamelessly flirt with Normani made Dinah's blood boil. She was beyond pissed off and she could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks and her fists clench, assuming their position to throw some hands. If this bitch says one more word, I'm throwing her over this counter, and mopping the floor with her cougar ass. The air suddenly became tense, which made Normani uneasy, especially because she noticed Dinah's fists were clenched under the counter. To make sure Dinah didn't whoop another person's ass today, Normani reassuringly put her hand on Dinah's arm. As soon as her hand made contact with the flesh, Dinah looked at Normani, who gazed at her with reassuring eyes, and mouthed, "breathe".  With that, Dinah took a deep breath, calming down. Now that Dinah was calm, Normani took out her gucci wallet to pay for their food, since she did loose the bet. However, Dinah put her hand on top of Normani's to stop her from paying, and stated, "Don't worry, I got it."

Dinah took out her plain, black wallet and asked the disrespectful ass manager, "How much is it?"

The manager glared at Dinah.  "Typically it's 20 dollars, but for you, it's 40".

Dinah scoffed and rolled her eyes, completely over this woman's intolerable ass behavior. She pulled out a 50 dollar bill and threw it at the manager's face, while saying, "Keep the change". The Tongan then grabbed her and Normani's food and flipped the manager off before leaving with Normani to find a booth.

The restaurant was quite crowded, so both woman went to the only open booth, which happened to be at the back of the restaurant. As soon as Normani sat down, she took a fork and dug in, before Dinah could even sit across from her.

"Damn girl, slow down, before you choke", Dinah said, while opening her to go bag to grab her food.

Normani didn't respond because there was part of a chicken wing still in her mouth. She finished chewing and then took a big ass gulp from her water bottle. "I told you I was hungry Dinah, you must've thought I was playing".

"Yeah, and apparently thirsty too because you drank half that damn water bottle in one gulp", Dinah said while putting some duck sauce on her eggroll, then taking a ginormous bite out of it.

"I know you ain't talking, with that big ass t-rex bite you just took out of that eggroll. Like damn Dinah, 3/4's of it is gone and you just started eating".

Dinah chuckled and took a salt packet into her hand, throwing it at Normani's forehead. "Shut up".

Normani gasped, taking three salt packets into her hand and throwing them at Dinah, "No you shut up, T-rex".

"T-rex?", Dinah questioned. "Really? You don't have any better comebacks than that?". Dinah then smirked at Normani challengingly.

"Well yeah, but it wasn't really a comeback. It was more like my new nickname for you. I think t-rex suits you, especially because you're tall". Normani gave Dinah a closed-lipped smile and continued eating her food.

"T-rex huh? I've never been called that before. I've been called Dinahsaur and the Hulk, but never T-rex."

"Oh my gosh I could so see why you've been called the Hulk because you're always ready to throw some hands, even at your elders apparently".  Normani giggled, imagining Dinah transforming into the Hulk and going ape-shit on the manager.

"You know, I'm not always ready to throw hands, I'm actually a peaceful person", Dinah whined.

"Peaceful my ass, you literally were about to beat the manager's ass two seconds ago, until i calmed you down", Normani laughed then took another bite of her chicken.

Dinah took a swig of her sprite and chuckled. "Thank you for doing that by the way, if you didn't, I would probably be in jail right now. And, It's not my fault, she was trying me, and when you try, you better be prepared to fight. I'm surprised you didn't let me beat her ass, considering she was 44 years old trying to hit on you", Dinah shrugged, eating a forkful of rice and chicken.

"No problem, that's what friends are for.  Well, she did make me slightly uncomfortable; however, that's no reason for me to allow you to beat her ass. The solution to every problem isn't just whooping someone's ass, Dinah", Normani stated as if what she said was obvious.

Dinah cringed at Normani saying, "friends", she hated that word, especially coming from Normani's mouth because she wanted to be more than friends. However, she was partially glad she said they were friends, considering she said they barely knew each other earlier. Welp, I guess a friend is better than nothing at all. Dinah then shrugged, "To me it is. Why should I waste my time being uncomfortable or arguing with ignorant ass people when I can just punch them in the throat to make them shut up? "

Normani laughed loudly, "I swear you have anger issues."

"I don't have anger issues, I just like whooping disrespectful people's asses. Think of me as a superhero, whose superpower is whooping ass to rid the world of disrespectful assholes. Just call me The Asswhooper", Dinah said like a ring-announcer.  

Normani shook her head and continued eating her food while looking at Dinah, noticing  the childish grin on Dinah's face, and chuckled softly.  I swear Dinah's a child  trapped in an adult's body. 

Dinah smiled with a playful glint in her eye.  "Hey, you know what I just realized?"

"What?", Normani stated hesitantly. She was skeptical of whatever was about to come out of Dinah's large mouth because she could tell from the look in her eye, that Dinah was about to say some foolishness.

"I figured that you could be my sidekick! You would be called Turning Tude because you'd have the ability to change people's attitudes so quick, just like yours changes in the blink of an eye. And, you can use this power to manipulate people into fighting each other by changing their attitudes to angry, or annoyed!", Dinah stated with excitement.

Coming from anyone else, Normani would've gotten mad and then delivered one of her famous clapbacks for coming at her attitude like that.  However, since it's Dinah, Normani just laughed, knowing it was a joke.  Even if it wasn't, she still probably would've laughed because she was starting to develop a soft spot for the woman.  One, that if she wasn't careful enough, would get bigger and bigger until the icy wall around her heart was broken.  

The rest of the evening went just like that: Dinah telling childish jokes with Normani laughing, whether it was at Dinah's jokes, mannerisms, or the fact that she was simply adorable.  Surprisingly, Normani was enjoying herself, and of course Dinah was on cloud 9, well that was until she spotted a familiar figure sitting adjacent to her and Normani's booth.  The woman was quite small, no more than 4'11, wearing a huge, obnoxious ass beige church hat with a a flower on top of it.  The woman also had on sizeable, round sun glasses that covered her eyes, making it seem as though she had bug eyes.   Dinah's eyes narrowed at the woman, finding it weird that she'd wear a big ass hat and glasses when they're inside a building, away from the sun's rays.  While evaluating the appearance of the woman, she noticed she had to have been rich because she was wearing a light beige Gucci dress with two black stripes, and one red stripe in between the black stripes right on the midsection of the dress.  Her eyes then wandered downwards to peep the woman's shoe-game.  Not to her surprise, Dinah noticed she had on tanish-beige heels that were most likely red bottoms, but Dinah couldn't really tell because she didn't really wear heels unless she had to.

Dinah continued staring at this mystery woman.  After a while, Normani began to notice because Dinah stopped stealing glances at her when she thought she wasn't looking. Dinah's staring was beginning to annoy Normani so the darker-skinned woman decided to ask, "Dinah why are you staring at that woman like Wendy Williams stared at the tv screen before she fainted?"

The taller woman didn't respond, but continued looking at the smaller woman, now with widened eyes.  

"Oh lord, now your eyes are even wide like hers were!  Dinah stop, it looks like you seen the devil!", Normani exclaimed, scared that the devil or some evil spirit is taking over Dinah's body.  Dinah better fix her face before I leave!  I'm a Christian woman, so I don't play with that devil or spirit shit!  Lord God please get this tortured soul out of Dinah's body, please!  

Dinah's expression still didn't change, and at this point Normani was freaked the fuck out.  With lightening sped, Normani grabbed her water bottle, untwisted the cap, and threw that shit at Dinah, while yelling, "Get the fuck out of her body you filthy ass devil, or spirit, or whatever the fuck you are!"  

Water splashed all over the side of Dinah's face and clothing, making her gasp and head snap towards Normani.  "WHAT THE FUCK NORMANI!", Dinah yelled.  Shit, Normani thought, Hulk smash is fully activated.  

"Dinah, I'm sorry, I thought you were the devil so I panicked!", Normani yelled in fear, still thinking that Dinah was Satan re-incarnate.

Taking in a deep breath to calm herself down from going ape-shit on Normani for actually thinking she was a devil, Dinah said, "Normani, I'm not the devil.  Why the fuck would you even think that?".

"T-T-the look in your eyes Dinah, you looked scared as shit.  Mind you, your eyes were big as shit, which made it look as though you seen the devil and then he took over your body.  So I panicked and threw water on you, hoping he'd come out and go back to hell where he belongs", Normani said in a voice one notch above a whisper.

"I'm not even going to question you further because it's going to make me forget you're my friend and drag you across this damn table for getting me wet.  It deadass looks like I peed myself Mani!".

Normani snickered, but she quickly stopped when Dinah glared at her.  

"But anyways, the reason I looked so shocked and "deomic" was because that's FUCKING ALLY BROOKE!!  RIGHT THERE, DIAGONAL FROM US!!", Dinah practically screamed, which made Normani's ears ring.  

"Okay first, I'm going to need you to bring it down several notches because your voice is hurting my ears.  Secondly, what's the big deal?  It's just Ally, you're acting as though you just spotted Beyoncé."

"It's a big deal because she's with Tori!!", Dinah exclaimed bringing her 10 to about a 6.5, 7.  

Normani turned to look at Tori Kelly, or how she calls her, TK, who she hasn't seen in months.  "Heh, that is Tori.  Let's go say hi, I haven't seen her in forever.  Wait, how do you know Tori?"

"Nooo!!  We can't say hi, we have to spy on them to see what they're talking about!  And I know her because we used to work together in IHOP back in San Antonio!", DInah said whisper-yelling.  Normani is beyond confused.  She can't understand for the life of her why the hell Dinah is acting so damn crazy and hyper.  

"Why?"

Dinah rolled her eyes, frustrated that Normani was really being this slow.  "Because!  She's supposed to be "with Lauren",  but she's with another woman, alone, in a restaurant!".  

"And you're concerned because?  Last time I checked Lauren didn't formally ask Ally out, so Ally can date whoever she wants, and you need to relax, they aren't on a date, they are probably just out to catch a bite after hours of fucking.  Tori is Ally's bootycall, you know." Normani then continued eating her food as though she didn't just spill major tea.  Suddenly as if someone hit her with a brick of realization, Normani widened her eyes, and covered her mouth.  Shit, Ally's going to kill me.  

Dinah glared at Ally and reached her long ass arms over the table to grab Normani's water bottle.  Normani didn't think anything of it at first, but now, she wished there was an adjacent wall she could bang her head on because Dinah chucked the water bottle at Ally and it hit her head.  Ally gasped and turned around.  However, Ally refocused her attention to Tori when she couldn't spot who threw it because Normani was able to move Dinah's ginormous to-go bag to the center of the table, pulling Dinah down to hide behind it.  

"Dinah are you crazy?!", Normani whisper yelled with her face a mere 2 inches away from Dinah behind the brown paper bag.  

"Yes, when it comes to lying ass bitches who tell my friend she'll be with them, if they drop all their hoes.  Meanwhile, she's thotting around town not giving a flying fuck about Lauren!", Dinah whisper-screamed.

"Well it isn't your place to butt into their relationship or lackthereof.  It's partially Lauren's fault she didn't ask Ally about her past lovers or make her drop all her hoes too.  But, I really need you to promise me you aren't going to tell anyone, especially not Lauren, what I just told you!", Normani continued whisper-yelling.  

"Just like it isn't my place to butt into their "relationship" it' also wasn't not your place to tell me about Ally's situation!  And why do you suddenly care, whether or not I tell?   You didn't seem to care about what you were telling me, so why should I care enough to keep my mouth closed?", Dinah whispered harshly.

Normani thought for a moment, she didn't want to argue with Dinah because then Dinah would definitely tell.  "Well I was't thinking, and just think of it as a test of our friendship. As friends I should be able to you this stuff without you talking others, right?", Normani asked, while biting her lip sensually, looking directly into Dinah's eyes.  She has  a dick, so maybe if I arouse her a little, she won't spill the beans.  What?  I'm not fake or anything, I'm just resourceful and I know how to get what I want.  

Dinah gulped harshly, while looking away from Normani for a moment.  I'm supposed to be loyal to Lauren in this moment right?  But then again, Normani is...well, Normani.  Who knows?  Maybe I can get her to give me some head for my silence?  Sike nah, ironically, I don't have the balls to do that.

After mulling over what she was going to say to Normani, Dinah said a simple, "I'll try".  Dinah then gave Normani a wide, comforting smile to insinuate that she would most likely keep the secret, even though she knew damn well she wouldn't.

Normani smiled  back all the same, but she was still uncertain of whether she could trust Dinah or not.  Conveniently, Normani noticed from the corner of her eye that Ally got up to use the restroom.  So, Normani said with a smile, "How about we go back to the studio to finish the song, yeah?  Simon still wants it done by tomorrow and I have to see if I can fine someone that'd be willing to come immediately record with you."

"Oh shit I forgot!  Yeah let's go, it's already late.  How did I not notice it's already 9 o'clock?"

Normani grabbed her purse and stood up.  "Time flies when you're having fun", Normani smirked.

Dinah genuinely smiled, "It sure does."

-

At the studio....

"Ugh, why won't anyone pick up their damn phone!!!!", Normani screamed, throwing one of the couch pillows at the wall.

"Who's the Hulk now?", Dinah smirked while watching Normani throw her little tantrum.

"Still you because you're big as shit", Normani teased while sticking her tongue out at Dinah.

With that, Dinah grabbed the other pillow off the couch she was currently sitting on, and threw it at Normani's head.  The pillow smacked Normani  in her face, and then bounced to the ground, making Dinah laugh her ass off.

Normani rolled her eyes, ignoring Dinah's childish antics in hopes that she'd stop acting like she was 2 years-old.  In order to ignore Dinah effectively, Normani went on her phone.  A text from Selena Gomez caught Normani's attention and she clicked on it.  What she saw next, made her face light up in happiness.  "Oh my gosh!!", Normani squealed.

"What?", Dinah asked.

"Selena said she can be on the song with you and she's about to come over here right now!", Normani said excitedly.

"Well, you better tell her ass to turn her car around and go back to where the fuck she came from because I'm not recording this song with her", Dinah deadpanned.

Normani scoffed and put her hands on her hips.  "And why the fuck not?".

"Have you heard her sing??  She sounds terrible!  Mind you, it sounds like she's faking an orgasm when she moans on her song, "Birthday".  I am not recording with her, no sirry Bob.  And, her voice doesn't fit the song anyways, I want an artist that sounds more chill and mellow, not squeaky and pitched.", Dinah said while shrugging.

"Okay so why don't you tell me, since you apparently run shit, who should be on the song then?".  The sarcasm and annoyance was practically dripping through Normani's voice, which made Dinah fight the urge to laugh because she just liked seeing Normani mad.  

Dinah smirked, "I think you should".

Blinking multiple times with her mouth slightly agape, Normani was  taken aback by Dinah's statement.  She then snapped out of her shocked gaze and shook her head, exaggeratedly. "No, I'm not doing it."

"Why??  Your voice is calm, soothing, and has the soul that would be on the song.  Please be on the song with me!  Pleaseeeeeeeeee.", Dinah pleaded.

Normani sighed, raking  her hands through her hair, "Even if I wanted to, I can't because Simon made me sign a contract that made me legally obligated to mentor artists for the next three years."

"Okay  then I'll text  him right now, asking for you to be on the song, simple".

"No, not simple because I still don't want to do it."

"Remember when I beat you in the race to my car?", Dinah asked with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, why?".  Once again, Normani was confused and honestly felt she was getting a headache from Dinah's confusing headass.  

"Well, I was asking because you said the winner gets to make the loser do whatever they want....", Dinah trailed off, hoping Normani would catch on.

"Yeah, and?", Normani sassed.  Now, Normani was getting fed up because she hated playing guessing games and riddles.  She felt if someone was going to say something to her, they should say it directly and straight to the point.  If not, then they needed to shut the fuck up because Normani didn't have time for games.

Dinah rolled her eyes and scoffed.  I swear this girl is lowkey dumber than a sack of bricks.  "Andddd as the winner, I want you to be on the song with me".  There goes that grin again.

"But Dinahhhhh!", Normani pleaded.

"No buts!  A deal's a deal!  Now sit tight, while I text Simon".  With that, Dinah whipped out her phone and typed away:

Dinah: Is it okay if Normani's on my new song?  Her voice is the only voice that fits it, and no other artists are available.

Asshole 🙄: Fine, but if it's not good, I'm taking her off the song, and I'm docking 2 million dollars from you guys' song and album sales.  I also want you both to show up tomorrow, at 9 a.m. to play the song for me and your managers to get a second and third opinion.

Dinah: Thank you Simon!  I won't let you down.  

Asshole🙄: Yeah, yeah, goodnight.

Dinah put her phone away, and had the world's biggest face-eating grin on her face while staring at a currently shook Normani, who was playing with the hem of her sweatshirt in anxiousness.

"Why are you looking at me like that?  What did he say??".

Dinah cheerfully stated, "He said yes, but we have to play the song for him and our managers tomorrow at 9 a.m.!"

Normani raised her eyebrow inquisitively, not confident that Simon would let her break her contract.  There has to be a catch.  "What if he doesn't like it?".  

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about that.  You just get in that booth and worry about snatching me bald", Dinah smiled.

"You think I'm pretty?".  Normani was genuinely  interested in how Dinah would respond because she says she's beautiful and all that, but Normani never really knows if Dinah's serious.  Or, if she's playing one of her childish jokes.  

"Of course I think your pretty!  You'd have to be blind not to recognize your beauty.  You truly are breath-taking, with and without makeup."

Normani felt the blood rush to her cheeks, and couldn't help but smile at Dinah's compliment.  She could tell that the taller woman was 100% serious because of the sincerity in Dinah's eyes, followed by her warm smile that made Normani feel giddy, and she couldn't seem to figure out why.  Not wanting to ruin her mood by wondering why she felt pure joy when Dinah had just validated her, and why her smile made her feel so happy, warm even, she pushed all her thoughts aside, and focused on living in the moment.  

Soeaking of living in the moment, that would be the only explanation Normani would have for you if you asked why she did what She did next.  Normani walked over to Dinah.  She then put her right leg on the couch to balance herself, and then placed her left hand on The side of Dinah's face, while lowering her head so that she was eye-level with Dinah's right cheek.  Then, Normani kissed Dinah's cheek letting her lips linger longer than they should've. Feeling extra confident, Normani sexually bit Dinah's check, which made the hair on Dinah's neck stand, and goosebumps erupt all over her skin.  

Normani then stood up and winked at Dinah, "Thanks".

With that, Normani about faced, and headed for the recording booth.  

-

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
50.1K 2.6K 29
Dinah Jane Hansen was stuck being the sole heiress of her father's company. It would have gone to her sister, but Allyson had died the winter before...
151K 4.7K 28
Dinah Jane Hansen is one of the biggest superstars in Hollywood. She is getting ready to head out on her big world tour but first, she has to hire a...
144K 5.6K 62
Dinah Jane Hansen is an extrovert. She knows everyone in school but when a certain someone passes by, Dinah gets captivated and can't seem to resist...