Bound

By crimsondragin

Highest rank #1 General fiction 14th August 2017 Two mafia families. An age old rivalry between them. No one... More

Prologue
1*. The Valentini Don
Family tree { contains few spoilers }
2. Arrival Of A Princess
3. Secret identities and Calls
4. The Revelation
5*.Questions, curiosity and Complicated systems
6. The Letter
7. Meetings and War Declarations!
8. A New Dawn
9. Their First meeting
10*. More Questions
11. Alyssa O'Reilly
12. Taken
13. Bring her back
14. In the Enemy's lair
15. The Aftermath
16.* Unexpected Meeting
17. And so it begins
18. Enigma
19. Library confrontations
20. The Lost Frisbee
21. Midnight conversations
22. Disturbing Events
23. Confessions and Punishments
24*. A Hunt Begins
25. An Epiphany and A Challenge
26. Under the Moonlight
27. Start of Something New
28. A Couple At Last !
29. The Gift
30. Departure and New Arrivals
31*. Hunted
32. First Day Chaos
33. The Heart of A Dove
34. Titan's Fiery Wheel
35. The Dancing Warrior
36. Old pain, New wounds!
37. Playing with Fire
38. A Devil's Vow
39. For Whom The Bell Tolls
40. The Beginning Of An End
Author's Note
42. A Match Lit, A House Burnt!

41*. A Beast and A Dove

111K 2.2K 1.4K
By crimsondragin

PLEASE READ!!!!

Hello! I know that the update is late and there were numerous reasons for this... Some that made me want to bang my head against the wall repeatedly, and would make you bash your head against the wall too if you'd know about it, and some that don't really matter now.

But the only reason which might interest you all would be revealed SOON!  I tried guys, I really did! I tried to do something that would have probably made everyone very happy BUT failed miserably at it!

So don't hate me much, okay? I'll explain more soon!!!
                        ________

Chapter is Not edited, please excuse any grammatical errors

Reminder—
Valerio's age in this chapter- 24 years old

*****

Previously— ( Chapter 31. Hunted)

She heard Valerio's chuckle and Amara desperately wanted to turn around and look at him but his arms tightened fractionally around her and she felt week in her knees when she felt his mouth ascending up her neck again, sucking a mark on it.

Amara didn't know why but she felt almost....Hunted.

Her thoughts were only confirmed when he kissed her neck once, twice, and again, and then brushed his lips over her cheekbones and jaw before nicking the soft skin of her ear, as he leaned down and whispered in a low tenor, his voice sounding dark, possessive and terrifyingly like a predator who just caught it's most precious prey.

"Caught you, little dove."
                         ________

Present time.
Sullivan Estate, New York

Caught you, Little Dove.

Amara's breathing hitched at the softly uttered words, more like a warm rush of air than words at all.

At once, she turned around in the steely cage of his arms, her eyes blown wide in disbelief. She placed her palm against his cheek, chuckling breathlessly as she whispered,"Valerio, it's you"

Valerio's lips curved into a smirk at the joyful expression on her face. "I...I can't believe it",she continued, her heart so full of love and joy for the man standing in front of her, her eyes turning suspiciously bright.

Valerio's own darkened in response and he immediately bent down, hungrily pressing his lips over hers, making Amara gasp at the suddenness of the action.

His right hand cupped the back of her head, raising it as their lips connected, while the other held her firmly by the hip. His teeth nipped and bit at her lips, gentle yet fiery, and it made heat burn through Amara's veins as she went on her tip toes, responding with a passion of her own.

The kiss made her head spin and she tried to remember how to breath but failed miserably! Her whole body trembled and she was immediately pulled tighter against him as Valerio moulded her body to his warmer one, before she felt his arms shift and she was suddenly lifted up.

Amara let out a surprised squeak at his action and felt him smile against her lips.

Without breaking the kiss, Valerio carried her back inside the warm room and towards her bed, sitting down as he wrapped his arms around her, hauling her up and gathering her closer, Amara's arms going around his neck as he dragged her into his lap, splaying his hand over her lower back to hold her close, encasing her in his warmth.

And all this while his mouth continued to devour hers with such an intensity that one might think that he was starved for her.

When he finally pulled away to let Amara catch her breath, he started kissing down her neck, seemingly unable to tear his lips away from her even for a moment.

"V...Val-"

Her breathy call was cut short by the said man scrapping his teeth across the skin of her neck before soothing the slight sting by pressing feather light kisses across it.

Amara grasped his shoulders in a tight grip, her heart was pounding in her chest so wildly that she was afraid that it would jump straight out of her chest if Valerio did not stop soon.

She gasped loudly when Valerio's lips found hers again and she was pulled tighter against him, their bodies moulding perfectly against each other as he kissed her deeply one last time before finally pulling away, bending low to rest his forehead against hers.

Amara's breathing remained rapid and uneven, her heart thudding wildly in her chest while Valerio's breathing steadied into a deep, enjoyable breaths as he treasured every moment, staring at her contentedly, his dark eyes tracing the gentle curve of her face, her every little feature while relishing in the feel of her body over his.

Several moments passed in complete silence before Amara blinked, once, twice, and again trying to come out of her haze, suddenly thankful of the dim lighting in her room as she felt her cheeks heat up.

She felt, rather than heard Valerio chuckle, a low vibration of his chest against hers, as his lips skimmed her rosy cheeks lightly before he buried his face into the curve of her neck.

Amara smiled softly, her fingers curling, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"I was informed that you are upset with me", Valerio breathed against her neck after a few moments, pressing small kisses against her skin, "but if this is how I'm greeted every time I supposedly upset you....", he left off suggestively, darkly amused.

Amara instantly stiffened in his arms, her eyes snapping open, wide, as her fingers playing with his hair froze.

She immediately scrambled to move, but before she could have so much as put even a centimeter between them, she felt the air shift and in the next instant she was sprawled on the bed, her back hitting the mattress with a gentle thud.

Amara stared at Valerio with wide eyes, before narrowing them into a glare as he got on top of her, his arms on either side of her head as he balanced himself effortlessly without putting any of his weight on her.

"Tsk tsk sweetheart, not so soon", he smirked cockily.

"No! Get off me", she muttered, glaring at him, his previous words having triggered something in her memory.

Valerio chuckled under his breath, finding the glare aimed at him nothing less than adorable.

She pushed at his chest lightly with her hands making Valerio narrow his eyes, before his hand caught both her wrists in his and he held them over her head.

"You wound me, my love. I wonder what I have done to receive such hostility", he murmured in a low and husky voice, staring deeply in her eyes.

Amara's glare did not lose it's edge.

"You sent him away", she answered after a few moments.

Whatever it was that Valerio was expecting, this wasn't it, because he went completely still, his eyebrows furrowing in aggravation.

"Who are you talking about?", he questioned, the gears in his head turning rapidly.

"Him, who else?",she answered, staring up at him meaningfully.

Valerio's jaw clenched and he squeezed her waist making Amara yelp, her eyes widened as she flushed, squirming against him.

"Who is this him sweetheart?",he asked, possessively, his eyes flashing ten different shades of dark as he awaited her answer.

Amara eyed him silently, a small frown on her face.

The gears in Valerio's head turned rapidly before it finally clicked, his expression cooling as understanding washed over him.

"I did not send him away", he replied.

Amara opened her mouth to object but he cut her off.

"I simply advised Caden to do so. He had to leave Amara, it was absolutely necessary", he replied. "For business purposes of course", he added the last sentence almost as an afterthought.

Amara's frown deepened. "You only sent him away because she is here and -", she was cut short when Valerio leaned down, pressing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Yes, that too", he murmured against her lips, wicked humor swirling in his eyes.

Amara sighed once he had pulled away, her lips involuntarily twitching up in a smile because she could see how amused Valerio really was.

"You're incorrigible, Valerio Valentini",she whispered, shaking her head, unfathomable affection in her eyes.

Valerio freed her hands and Amara wasted no time in hooking them around his neck, while his own came up to caress her cheek.

"I've really missed you. I'm glad you're here", she smiled sweetly at him, her voice thick as she took in his every feature, from the curve of his strong jaw and light stubble on his face to his sharp cheek bones, and dark eyes.

Valerio remained quite though, staring down at her with an undecipherable expression on his face and it made Amara squirm slightly, growing uncomfortable with his silence.

She tried to move, to get up, but froze when Valerio dipped his head lower, his eyes flashing. "Now that's out of the way",he spoke in a low voice, suspiciously calm, "Will you please tell me what has truly upset you? Or rather who?"

Even his calm tone couldn't have taken away the menacing and dark edge to his words, making Amara tremble unconsciously as she looked at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"N-Nothing", she replied, and bit her tongue when the words left her mouth, knowing that she had committed a mistake.

A huge mistake.

Because in the very next second she was being tugged in his arms, again, as he dragged her up with him in a sitting position, their limbs a tangled mess and she was pulled in his tight embrace, Valerio's mouth touching her skin, scraping teeth over bone.

Amara's breath hitched at his actions, her body shivering and her pulse pounding against his lips.

"Sei mio, Amara", he whispered possessively along her clavicle, sucking a mark against it, before moving higher, teeth scraping a mark as he laid his claim.

"You being upset, affects me. It upsets me", he emphasized, pulling away and cupping her face gently in both of his palms, a magnificent contrast to the dark fierceness in his eyes. "Tell me the truth. I want to hear what has troubled you"

It wasn't a request anymore.

And Amara was struck with the sudden realization that all this while Valerio was giving her a chance to come out with the truth on her own, he was being patient, like he always was with her.

Only her

"I was just being silly", she shook her head smiling softly at him, hoping to sooth his inner beast.

Valerio just angled his head higher, jaw tight, silent.

Too silent!

She bit her lower lip, her heart rate accelerating as she glanced at him with nervousness shining in her eyes.

Valerio's eyes darkened at her action, and Amara gasped when his hand against her hip tightened marginally as she was pulled impossibly close to him.

"Amara", he growled warningly.

"Val...I..."

Amara gulped, licking her lips nervously, all the while trying to think of a way to ask him the question which had been stressing her for some time now before she sighed, deciding to keep her words simple.

"I-Is everything alright?",she finally asked, albeit hesitant.

Valerio stared at her, wordlessly commanding her to continue talking.

"It's just.... everyone has been behaving quite strange lately... I can't understand", Amara fumbled, "Please, just tell me, has something happened?", she pleaded.

"Strange how?", he enquired instead, his voice cold, unforgiving.

Amara shrugged. It wasn't something that she was able to express. It was just a feeling deep in her bones, a feeling of missing something, as if it was within her reach and yet far no matter how hard she tried to grasp at it. It was a feeling of terrible, terrible wrongness—

She jumped when Valerio brushed his lips against her temple, and she shifted closer to him, hiding her face against his chest, her fingers knotting against the lapels of his coat in a tight, desperate grip.

"I heard him and Caden arguing before he was sent away", she finally whispered in a small voice. "I haven't seen them fight like this before in so long. He didn't want to leave. He was completely against it. And it just made me wonder..."

Valerio raised her head, pressing a long and hard kiss against her temple.

"I have everything under control sweetheart", he spoke in a low and rough voice.

"But-"

"Amara!", he interjected, eyes dark, sharp. "Everything is under my control",he repeated.

Amara didn't doubt his words.

Valerio Valentini wasn't a liar. Especially not her Valerio. And yet, a part deep inside her heart couldn't shake off the uncertainty, the irrational fear.

Some of it must have reflected on her face too, because she was immediately engulfed in a comforting embrace by Valerio, his hold on her both protective and possessive.

"Calm your thoughts sweetheart. You have no reason to worry. You're safe, I won't let anything happen to you, ever",he murmured. "And anyone who fails to heed my warning and dares to touch even a single hair on your head will find themselves so deeply buried in the earth that not even their next seven generations will be successful in finding their remains"

His lowly whispered words came out cruel and vicious. It was a certain truth, a promise, one which Valerio would keep against all odds.

Just like all his other promises.

Amara would know after all.

She cleared her throat, hoping to soothen his tense frame. "I wasn't worried about myself"

Valerio chuckled in exasperation, rubbing his face with one hand while the other held her firmly. "When are you ever",he grumbled.

Amara cringed. "Definitely not the right to thing to have said",she muttered internally.

But before she could have said anything else Valerio buried his face against the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply, "I can't believe I went on so long without this", he nearly groaned, his hands clutching her to himself,
"Without you!"

''I'm glad you are here", she replied sweetly, pressing a kiss against the corner of his lips.

Valerio pulled back slightly, enough so that he could stare clearly in her eyes before cupping her cheeks with both the hands.

Amara's pulse skyrocketed, both at his gesture and the raw emotions plainly visible in his eyes.

She buried her fingers into his messy hair, nails grazed his scalp softly and he sighed softly, his eyelids fluttering close for a moment, and they both leaned closer —

Knock, knock!

Amara startled, jumping against him.

"I'm going to slaughter Liam", Valerio growled under his breath.

Amara's eyes widened and she pulled away from Valerio, or tried to at least but he refused to let go of his hold on her, his eyes narrow.

"Valerio'',she hissed, trying desperately to put a respectable distance between them as the knocking grew more insistent.

"C-Come in",she called out loudly, and the door opened, Liam's head poking in.

"Oh, you're awake", he stated, his eyes narrow as they fell on her.

Amara smiled, her cheeks red."I was just going to sleep now", she yawned, only just realizing how tired she actually was, slumping against Valerio.

"You should", Liam nodded, before turning to look at Valerio. "I need to talk to you about something important"

"It can wait. You can wait!",he emphasized, eyes like molten steel."Preferably outside this room",he dismissed Liam, who walked out grudgingly.

Amara hit his arm lightly. "Behave! He's my brother",she admonished.

"He disturbed us on purpose", Valerio stated coolly."It's not my fault if Liam has got a death wish"

He laid her out on the bed then, not waiting for a reply, his hand caressing over her warm cheek and Amara realized something with a jolt.

It was time for Valerio to leave.

"You can stay here, you know", Amara told him, staring at him with innocent eyes.

She wasn't sure for how long Valerio was planning to stay in New York. She didn't want him to leave again soon.

Valerio raised his eyebrows in surprise, his eyes falling on Amara's bed before looking at her with wicked humor on his face.

Amara's eyes widened at once, her cheeks turning scarlet.

"I-i didn't m-mean that",she stuttered, blushing madly.

"Denial doesn't suit you, sweetheart", he murmured in a husky voice, as he glanced at the empty space on her bed once more, contemplative.

Amara almost screeched, positively mortified. She quickly turned away from him, closing her eyes tightly as she pulled the covers over her blushing face.

She heard Valerio chuckle throatily, and turned to face him, biting her lips nervously.

But before she could say anything he leant down, his palms on the side of the bed, leaning over to her and pressing a lingering kiss to her forehead. When he pulled away, he only pulled away a fraction and Amara could still feel the warmth of his breath on her skin.

"Dream sweet dreams, my little Dove",he breathed softly.

He brought his palm up to her cheek, stroking it gently, before leaning in and kissing her softly and the next thing Amara knew, her dreams were swallowing her up, Valerio and her room fading out.

But before the darkness swallowed her completely, Amara was sure that she heard Valerio speak, and his words made her heart beat rapidly with both, apprehension and excitement.

"When I share your bed, it will be with your permission La mia bellissima colomba,
and I will make sure that you enjoy every fucking second of it",the sound slipped into her ears as soft as the gentle waves in the sea.

"....And very soon"

****

"This color really complements your skin tone, ma'am",one girl commented.

"This scarf brings out the color of your eyes, my lady!",the other declared, offering her the scarf.

Amara sighed, shaking her head."I'd like to try that dress",she said, much to the joy of the first woman who had introduced herself as Stacy, who quickly rushed towards her with the dress in her hand.

She took the dress from her, refusing her help, again, and entered the spacious fitting room.

Amara had been pleasantly surprised to find Valerio waiting for her when she woke up and she would have thought that he had spent the night at the Sullivan estate if she didn't know any better.

After having breakfast Valerio had decided to bring her for shopping, before promising to take her for lunch and then to another surprise place, the name of which he refused to divulge.

And here she was now, two hours later, trying clothes, or modelling them for Valerio more specifically (much to his enjoyment), who sat outside the private fitting room area being attended by the owner of the shop himself.

Amara quickly got changed and looked at herself in the mirror.

The dress that she wore was truly beautiful. It was pale pink in colour and made of satin, falling just short of her knees.

The only problem was the zipper behind the dress which Amara try as she might, couldn't zip up. She walked out of the fitting room, calling out loudly,

"Stacy, could you please help—"

She stopped short because her helpers had apparently disappeared and in their place now stood Valerio, his hands tucked in his pants pockets, all broad chested and at ease, looking nonchalant and utterly unapproachable.

Their eyes met and Valerio straightened, his expression questioning but then his eyes flickered to something behind her and he stiffened.

He looked at her, brows furrowed, eyes dark and filled with...something that Amara had no name for, and she watched his face, unable to look away, his gaze heavy, his eyes flickering as he walked towards her.

His footsteps were loud, so loud they felt deafening, the echo of his sharply controlled steps resounding after every step of leather  against marble floors.

And Amara was overcome with the sudden urge to run back inside the dressing room and bolt the door. She instantly shook her head at the sheer absurdity of the idea. As if  something as insignificant as a lock has ever been able to stop Valerio!

And just as the thought crossed her mind, Valerio was upon her, all broad and thick, his breath puffing hot over her neck as Amara was pushed inside, stumbling, her back hitting the glass gently.

She flushed, her eyes wide as she pressed her back against the glass and away from the hulk of a man before her, at the same time trying to discreetly cover the exposed skin by throwing her long hair behind her.

"Val, what are you doing here? Go out!"

She gasped softly when his hands land on her hips as he pulled her flush against him, her palm resting against his chest.

Valerio remained still, seemingly at a war with himself, a solid, unmovable statue for so long that Amara squirmed nervously against him.

"Stop moving", he finally spoke. His jaw tightening and eyes shifting over her face.

Amara only blinked up at him with innocent confusion in her eyes, and inner relief at successfully hiding her rather delicate situation from Valerio.

But then his one palm slipped up her back, spanning it, smooth, and Amara jumped against him as his fingers contacted her soft skin with a hot touch.

Amara's eyes widened as Valerio looked at her with a teasing smile playing on his lips.

His fingers inched upwards until smooth fingers became wide, warm palms, so large and warm that Amara was forced to clench her eyes shut, her hands fisting his jacket when as he gently caresses her skin.

Amara trembled at the touch, burying her face against his chest and feeling the low vibration against her cheek as he chuckled deeply.

He pulled back a little and Amara's head was raised with a finger under her chin. She dared to glance at him and her heart stuttered against her chest at the look in his eyes, one that set fire to her entire being, right up to her soul.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss against her temple—

And zipped up the dress smoothly.

Amara let out a breath that she didn't know that she had been holding.

"Get this dress", Valerio demanded, his voice low and gruff.

And Amara just blinked at him, mouth hanging open. And would have continued to gape at him, if hadn't been for the sharp knock against the door, making her jump.

Her eyes widened as she realized what situation she was in.

Valerio was inside her changing room. And there was someone knocking on the door.

"Ma'am?"

Another knock.

Amara turned to look at Valerio, wide eyed, but he only inclined his head towards the door, crossing his arms and leaning comfortably against the mirror, a smirk on his lips and a challenge in his eyes.

Amara's eyes narrowed slightly, before a idea struck and she walked towards the door, pulling it open but only partially.

"I brought some more dresses for you ma'am",the salesgirl told her.

"Where did you disappear Stacy?", Amara asked.

Stacy bowed her head apologetically. "Mr. Valentini sent me to get your size l—"

She stopped short, jumping on her spot as the man in question cleared his throat loudly and Stacy's eyes widened when Valerio came to stand behind Amara, a glare firmly on his face.

"M-Mr. V-Val..entini",she stuttered, her eyes jumping from Amara to Valerio, before they widened, her face turning red and she quickly bowed low.

And Amara only wanted to dig a whole and jump inside it in that moment. She had not expected him to show himself like this.

''Leave us", Valerio ordered,"Your service is no longer required here. I can provide Amara much satisfactory assistance",he drawled, bending down and placing his chin against her shoulder.

The girl's eyes widened further at Valerio's blatant innuendo and Amara didn't know who was blushing harder, Stacy or her, while Valerio only smirked.

Amara changed her decision.

She now wanted to push Valerio down a large hole but settled for stepping on his shoe discreetly.

"O..oh, o-of course", Stacy said, bowing low once again. "I'll take your leave then"

She quickly placed the dresses against a side rack before beating a hasty retreat.

Amara groaned, covering her face in embarrassment. What would the girl think  they were doing? Would she really believe that Valerio had been helping her c-change? Eeep!!!!

"So, are you going to try those dresses?", Valerio asked, walking out of the fitting room. "I can help—"

Amara quickly shut the door, her cheeks blazing and ignoring how his laugh made a million butterflies flutter their wings in her belly.

****

"You don't have to be embarrassed, sweetheart"

Amara tried her best to ignore him, raising the restaurant menu high enough so that it covered her still red cheeks.

"Amara", he growled.

She ignored him.

And the very next instant she heard the sound of the scrapping of a chair and the menu was plucked out of her hands.

She turned her head the other way around, crossing her arms against her chest.

"Are you really that upset?", he demanded, "You barely spoke a few words throughout the lunch",he frowned, her near silence driving him crazy.

"I'm not upset",Amara denied turning to look at him. "I'm...I'm embarrassed. What must that girl be thinking?"

"Amara, you're mine",he told her firmly. "I don't care what the others think. I only care about what you think, what you feel!"

"You made it sound as if you..you and I...", Amara stuttered, too embarrassed to even complete the sentence.

"You and I what?", he asked, raising his eyebrows challengingly.

Amara blushed. "That you and I were—"

"Don Valentini", someone called out and both of their heads turned towards the door where one Valerio's guard stood, head low and eyes averted.

Valerio straightened, his expression cooling.

"Were my instructions not clear enough, soldier?", he asked in a hard voice.

"I apologise for the disturbance Don",the guard bowed apologetically. "But there is someone out here who is waiting to meet you",he replied meaningfully.

Valerio's eyes narrowed in understanding before he nodded grudgingly.

"I apologise sweetheart but I will have to attend this matter. I promise there won't be any interruptions after this",he told her, brushing his lips against her temple before walking out only after Amara nodded in consent, offering him a small smile.

She was left alone in the large dining room but not for long because soon the door opened and inside entered—Paulo.

"My lady",he bowed respectfully.

"Paulo", Amara greeted the older man with a wide smile on her face."It's so good to see you. How are you?"

"As well as I can be, my lady",he answered politely.

"How many times have I told you to call me Amara?",she smiled, exasperated.

Paulo's eyes softened, a rare fondness shining in them. "I've lost the count, my lady"

Amara shook her head in defeat.

"I've been sent here by the Don. He said to escort you to the car if you were ready to leave, otherwise he would join you here if you still wish to continue with your meal", he reported.

Amara quickly jumped from her seat. She'd probably burst if she ate any more.

"I'm ready",she told him.

Paulo nodded and escorted her out, the other guards following some paces behind them and Amara didn't fail to notice how they adjusted their positions, forming an impenetrable wall around her.

"Where is the Don?",she asked Paulo and immediately received her answer as she walked past a set of glass doors that led into a cabin of sorts, stopping when she saw Valerio inside, along with a few other men, all of whom had their heads and eyes cast down, too weak to face him.

This was not an uncommon sight for Amara but she did startle when her eyes fell on a man kneeling on the floor, a hoodie covering most of his features, his head bent low.

"Who is he?", Amara asked in a quite voice.

Paulo pursed his lips. "He works for the Don", he answered carefully— calculatedly.

Something in Paulo's tone unsettled her, and she turned to look at him, confused, but Paulo did not offer any clarification.

So she turned to look at Valerio again, who was now standing before the kneeling man, his hands in his pockets, looking bored, frustrated and disapproving all at the same time. His face set in detached sort of disregard.

His lips moved and even though Amara could not hear what was being said across the soundproof glass doors, the way that the unknown man tried to shrink away from Valerio spoke enough about the nature of his cutting and sharp words.

"I should take you to the car, my lady. The Don will be most cross with me if his orders are not followed"

Amara nodded, her eyes falling at the kneeling man one last time and she gasped,  when they connected to two dark pools, soulless. Eyes like death. A haunting edge reflected in them...and they reminded Amara of another person with similar eyes.

A small shriek of fear left her lips and she immediately clamped her mouth shut with both her hands, breathing heavily.

"My lady, what's wrong? Are you alright?", Paulo immediately asked, concerned, while the other guards moved closer to her, their trained eyes scanning the surroundings to determine the cause of her sudden spark of fear.

But Amara could only stare at him, her words stuck in her throat as memories flashed before her eyes. Less memories and more like nightmares that she had worked hard to forget.

"My lady, please speak", Paulo pleaded, before turning and barking at another guard. "Go and get the Don here—"

"No", Amara gasped, snapping out of her trance."I-I'm alright"

One of the guards came rushing forward, a sealed bottle of water in his hand which he offered to her and Amara gladly accepted.

"What happened? Why did you shout?", Paulo asked.

"I-I bit my tongue",she offered lamely and immediately winced at her sorry excuse.

Paulo frowned, not believing her plain lie, worry in his eyes, but decided to hold his tongue. "We should get going then. The Don will join you soon"

Amara was quickly escorted out of the hotel and towards the cars where she waited for Valerio to arrive.

She didn't have to wait for long because the car door soon opened and Amara was immediately pulled into a warm embrace.

"Paulo told me what happened", Valerio breathed against her hair. "What scared you?", he demanded and Amara knew how difficult it must be for him too. Knew how the very idea of her being scared of anything affected him.

She shook her head, burying her face against his chest. She didn't want to talk about it. Didn't want to even think about it.

Valerio raised her chin, his eyes shinning with unfathomable love and concern, and it almost made Amara cry. But she didn't. She wouldn't!

Her emotions must have been plain for him to see because he bent down, pressing a hard kiss against her forehead.

"I'm here",he whispered.

Two words—A reassurance. A reminder. A vow.

And Amara nodded, reassured, a small smile on her lips. His words were enough. His mere presence was enough to sooth her smallest fear.

"So, what have you planned next?",she asked softly, trying to renew her earlier eagerness.

Valerio stared at her silently, his jaw tight while his eyes moved over her face.

"You'll just have to wait and see",he finally spoke.

And Amara knew that he was choosing to forgo the small incident...for now.
________

Amara didn't realize when her eyes closed and she fell asleep, but when she woke up she was being carried in Valerio's arms.

She blinked up at him blearily. "Where are we going?", she asked sleepily.

"Away",he answered vaguely.

Amara's mind cleared enough so that she looked around and her eyes widened slightly when she realized that she was inside an airplane.

Inside Valerio's private aircraft.

"What's happening... where are we going?", she asked, stifling a yawn. "I'm sleepy",she mumbled.

"Sleep then", he chuckled smoothly."I'll wake you up when we reach. It's not a short flight" ,she heard Valerio murmur in her ear and before he could've completed the full sentence Amara was already asleep.

****

Amara woke up to a mouth against her cheek, lips chasing the smile that formed on her face.

She felt buoyant. She was dreaming about Valerio.

Again.

"What I wouldn't give to know what's going in this pretty little head of yours",she felt a chest rumble behind her, the thudding of a heart, a heavy press of lips against the crown of her head, too real for it to be a dream.

Amara's eyes snapped open and she shrieked, rolling away reflexively, and would have fallen on the floor if it wasn't for Valerio who grabbed her at the last second, pulling her closer.

"Careful!"

"Val!",Amara exclaimed, amethyst eyes wide, "That wasn't a dream?"

Valerio quirked an eyebrow, curious,"You were dreaming about me?", he asked, a smile playing on his lips. "I'm honored",he smirked.

Amara flushed. "That's not....that's not what I meant... that's not the point", she denied at once.

Valerio laughed. "You're so cute when you wake up"

Amara glowered at him.

He only laughed louder, pulling her closer and pressing a rough kiss against her neck before swaddling her in a blanket.

"Where are we?", Amara asked him, changing the topic as she looked around the dark room.

"Some place we won't be disturbed",he drawled, leaning comfortably against the grand headboard.

It was only then that Amara realized that Valerio looked freshly showered. He wore a dress shirt, the sleeves folded up so that his thick forearms were visible. The first two buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. His hair messy with a few short strands falling over his eyes.

He looked... glorious.

Amara's cheeks warmed. "Y-You should have told me about this",she accused him.

"It was meant to be a surprise", Valerio shrugged.

An important detail entered her head and Amara's eyes widened as she wriggled insistently against the blankets.

"We need to leave! Now!", she exclaimed hurriedly."How far are we from home? Will it take long to reach back?  How long did I sleep for in the flight?",she rambled.

"What?", Valerio stiffened, looking confused, aggravated by her anxiety. "Baby, what—"

"My family is going to kill you", she exclaimed, anxious.

Valerio relaxed at once, snorting, as if the very idea was amusing to him. "They can try to kill me but they can't keep you away from me",he shrugged nonchalantly.

But his words were sharp, a promise— a warning.

"Don't be like that Val", Amara frowned in disapproval. "You know what I mean"

"Relax sweetheart, I've got everything under control", he soothed, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Amara bit her lip nervously, glancing around the room once again.

"Are you still tired? Do you need to rest for some more time?", Valerio asked before she could speak again, cupping her cheek in one hand.

Amara quickly shook her head. God knows how long she had been sleeping! She wanted to know where she was.

"That's great", he smiled. "Go and get ready then. I'm taking you out", he told her, eagerness shining in his eyes and that alone made Amara smile involuntarily.

"I don't have clothes", she told him, as if of all things, this would hinder Valerio's plans in any way.

He glanced at her incredulously and Amara nodded, completely serious.

"You should take me home"

Valerio's eyes narrowed. "Don't be so sure about it, Dove", he drawled.

He helped her down the bed, intertwining their fingers and pulling her towards the opposite side of the large room and towards a door.

"Open it",he commanded.

Amara could guess that it was a door that led into a walk in closet. She hesitantly pushed open the door and gasped at the sight in front of her.

There were hundreds of dresses hanging up, of varying styles, designs, cuts and shades. A shoe rack was placed next to a shelf with drawers that probably contained more accessories.

Her eyes fell on a very familiar pale pink dress and understanding washed over her.

"You really didn't think that I'd come unprepared, did you?"

Amara shook her head, dazed. Of course not!

"H-how long are we staying here?",she whispered.

Valerio hugged her from behind and she felt him shrug casually. "Until I am satisfied",he whispered darkly in her ear.

Amara's eyes widened and she let out a small squeak causing him to chuckle and pull her tighter against himself. "You're all mine for an indefinite period of time. Il mio",he continued whispering, his lips brushing against her ear. "And I'm going to make sure that this is the most memorable trip of our lives", he vowed.

Amara trembled at the softly spoken words. Her heart literally raced and despite everything, she felt... excited!

Valerio tilted her head and amethyst clashed with black, a searing fire lit between them as he bent down and pressed his lips against hers, sealing his vow.

"You should've called me when you had the chance", he murmured, low and rough  before pulling away from a dazed Amara.

"I'll go and check the arrangements", he stated and turned away, walking towards the door.

Amara watched him leave, her eyes glazed when Valerio's words finally caught up to her. "Val, wait!",she called.

Valerio stopped, turning to look at her questioningly. "Did you need any help sweetheart?", he asked and Amara blushed, knowing that he was referring to the incident that happened in the store.

She shook her head quickly.

"What a loss", he smirked.

Amara didn't let him distract her.

"Why did you say that I should have called you when I had the chance?", she asked him instead. "I did call you...On your office phone... did you not know? The person who answered said that he would pass on the message to you"

Valerio looked at her with an undecipherable expression on his face, his fists clenched by his side.

Amara hesitated, "Y-you did know, didn't you?"

He smiled, teeth sharp. "Of course I did", he stated."Sorry, it must've slipped my mind"

Amara nodded once, not really convinced.

"Freshen up sweetheart, I'll wait for you", Valerio told her once more before closing the door behind him and walking out in the living room.

The smile instantly slipped from his face, his  jaw clenching in anger.

Amara had called him. And he'd not even been aware of it.

One of his men had dared to enter his office and answer his fucking call. A call which was meant for him. His woman's call.

Valerio could probably crush someone's skull under his foot at this moment. He was so enraged!

He removed his laptop from the bag and switching it on, he worked for a few moments, punching codes and passwords before he gained access to the copies of the CCTV footage of his office.

He needed to know who was brave enough, or foolish enough to venture in his office without his permission! He would have forgiven that mistake easily after making sure that the culprit had learnt the lesson, without inflicting any irreparable damage.

But answering Amara's call and then hiding it from him? No! That was a fucking treason in his eyes.

He narrowed down his search to the time he
was on the field, sparing with Silvano. That was the only time he had left his office and  Amara would've most likely called him then.

Valerio frowned, fast forwarding the clip, coming to a halt when someone finally entered his office.

His eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. He watched the entire scene unfold with narrowed eyes, jaw tight.

He chuckled, rubbing his face with his palm when the screen finally went dark,  aggravated and incredulous.

Whipping his phone from his pocket, he dialled a number and waited impatiently for the person to answer.

"I want you to do something for me", he commanded once the person answered. "And the job is personal, very personal!"

****
Valentini headquarters.
Milan, Italy.

Silvano stood in the balcony of his office, leaning against the railings, a mug of coffee near his elbow.

His eyes surveyed the men training on the grounds with keen interest.

Ever since the Don had made it known that the level of their combat skills was much below what he expected of them, many of the soldiers had been training around the clock, working on themselves, improving at an alarmingly quick pace.

Silvano almost smirked in amusement.

He knew for a fact that the guards did not have poor combat skills. No! The simple truth was that Valerio's skills were supreme and matched only by a few. Even Silvano who had trained with him since they were children had never been able to defeat Valerio in any of their matches.

"The men have been training very hard. They don't want to disappoint the Don again"

Antonio, whom was standing a few paces behind him spoke quitely.

"As they should", Silvano replied in a hard voice. "These men are a fraction, however small, of the blocks which build the Valentini empire. The blood and sweat that they shed is what cements them together. Even a small crack, a weakness on their side and our enemies will waste no time in tearing us apart", he stated matter of factly.

Antonio nodded, unseen by him

Silvano sipped his coffee lazily and just when he was about to turn and walk back inside, something caught his eye.

"Who is that?", he asked, a note of disbelief coloring his tone.

Antonio frowned, stepping beside him to look clearly, his eyes widening slightly when he saw whom exactly the Don's brother was pointing at.

"His name is Axel, sir", he replied promptly.

"What is he doing?", Silvano snapped in exasperation.

Antonio winced. It hurt his eyes to even glance at the stupid boy who instead of standing and fighting, was running all around the combat circle, much to the rage of his opponent who was chasing him with a murderous expression on his face.

He watched as Axel continued dodging the hulk of the man with utterly comical manoeuvres which succeeded in generating a wave of laughter from the men who had stopped their own training and were watching the scene unfold with great amusement.

Some even seemed to be collecting bets.

"Who is responsible for training him?", Silvano questioned, not at all amused.

"He is under Carlos' command", Antonio replied.

Silvano frowned. "Carlos is going to be unavailable for the time being"

Antonio kept his face carefully blank despite his curiosity. The headquarters was already rife with the news that Carlos had been sent away on some mission. But all the tongues were held in place because it was most likely a direct mission from the Don himself, as proven by his sudden arrival and rather short stay in Milan.

And nobody was foolish enough to even think of speaking in matters which concerned Don Valerio.

"You're now incharge of overseeing this boy's training", Master Silvano ordered, walking past him "You will train him personally if need arises. I don't want to see this kind of display again."

Antonio nodded, following him back inside the office.

'If you fail, I will deal with the both of you personally", he was warned,"Make sure that boy knows it too"

Antonio's eyes widened. It was not an easy task that he'd just been given. Although a prodigy at all things related to technology, Axel was nothing short of abysmal when it came to fieldwork.

A point he decided to raise to Master Silvano but stopped when the man's mobile rang loudly.

"Cousin", Master Silvano answered while dismissing him with a wave of his hand.

Antonio bowed, conceding defeat for now. He would kill the boy personally if he proved to be difficult.

He turned around and walked towards the door but just as he was about to leave, he heard Master Silvano call his name.

"Sir?", he enquired, turning around.

Master Silvano looked at him coolly, a dark expression on his face.

"I have a job for you",he stated. "I want every little information, every minute detail you can get your hands on about one of our employee. From the time he wakes up in the morning to his fucking sleeping time. Everything!"

Antonio nodded, thrilled. This was something he excelled at, not training new brats. "I'll just need a name to begin my search, Master Silvano"

The look that he was leveled with made the hairs on his neck stand in alarm. "Make sure that you collect the right information and quickly, Antonio. These are direct orders from the Don himself. There is no room for any mistake"

Although surprised, Antonio didn't let the blank mask on his face fall. "I won't disappoint the Don", he stated with near reverence. "I'll get to work but I need some sort of description, even a single name would suffice"

He watched as Master Silvano stood from behind the desk, and walked towards the large glass windows, a glare firmly on his face.

"Axel"

*****
Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Some questions for you guys to think on....

Where do you think Valerio had taken Amara?

What do you think is going to happen with Axel?

Also, Which was your favorite part in the entire chapter?

________

One more thing, I've not read all the messages yet but I've read enough to know that many are disappointed. I can only say that keep faith in me for some more time guys :( I didn't mean to disappoint anyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 185 20
Vincent Valentino ruthless mafia leader to a Russian gang. Loved by his mother and hated by his father but the feeling is mutual. Vincent adores his...
11.7M 294K 57
Don Luciano DiSilva is known for his ruthlessness. As the leader of the Italian Mafia, he is cold and callous. But then he meets her. Victoria Ricci...
10.8K 381 49
Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't mine to narrate, so I did the only thing...
519K 13.3K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...