The Babysitter (BWWM)

Par Klaurenzo21

20 year old Mya Howard is having trouble paying her college tuition. She finds a job as a babysitter for bill... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Author's Note
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 (Finale Pt. I)
Chapter 71 (Finale pt. II)

Chapter 39

3.9K 154 45
Par Klaurenzo21

Mya POV

I let a tear fall down my cheek. Cameron watches me and I can tell how much seeing me like this bothers him.

"Sir, please put the gun down." One of the officers say.

"No."

I see Cameron running toward us and I hear a gunshot.

Everything after that moves in slow motion between Cameron hitting the ground and the cops putting Marcus in handcuffs.

I drop to the ground to be near Cameron and I see the wound to his abdomen.

"Cameron, please be okay." I whisper in his ear and I see an ambulance pull up.

They place him on the stretcher and I get in the back of the ambulance with him.

"Cameron stay with me."

He looks like he's in so much pain and he shuts his eyes tight when the EMT worker applies pressure to the wound.

When we arrive at the hospital they immediately take him into surgery and I have to wait in the waiting room.

This is usually the part when I'm supposed to call someone to calm me down, but I don't want to.

Right now, I just want to be alone. I cry for what seems like hours because I couldn't help but blame myself.

Two hours later...

"Mya Howard." I hear someone call me and I turn around to see a surgeon.

"Yes doctor? How is Cameron?"

"He is stable and he woke up asking about you. We were able to successfully remove the bullet from him abdomen."

"So can I go see him?"

"Follow me."

The doctor leads me to the hospital room that Cameron is in before leaving.

I stand away from the bed at first because I don't want to mess up anything.

"Princess, come over here." He says in a raspy voice.

I know he's hurt but his raspy voice is sexy. I begin walking over to the bed like he told me.

"Cameron, are you okay? I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to get hurt and I just feel so bad and-" Cameron shuts me up by kissing me.

"It's not your fault okay? And I'm fine. I did what I felt I had to do to protect you."

"Cameron I was so worried about you out there."

"Well don't worry baby, I'm a little beat but I'm fine, I promise." He kisses me again and this time we hear the door open.

We both look up to see Susan standing there in shock. I try to back away but Cameron pulls me closer.

"So this is what you've been doing while I was gone? You've been screwing the babysitter?"

"Susan, how can I help you? What are you doing here?" Cameron says nonchalantly with his arm still around my waist.

At this moment, I had two choices. I either play the uncomfortable young girl role standing by a married man with his wife standing there, or I can be confident and secure in our relationship.

Instead of looking down as I planned to, I met eyes with Susan and stood there like I was the shit.

Of course inside I felt like shit because I knew this whole thing was wrong, but I refused to show it. It was too late now because we had both fallen in love.

"First, I arrive back in town to hand these to you-" she throws a yellow folder on the bed.

"Only to find out that my soon-to-be ex-husband was shot and that I should come see how you're doing, but it seems like you and Mya are doing pretty well."

Cameron moves his arm from around my waist to open the folder on the bed. We both look at the divorce papers already signed by Susan.

"And Mya, how could you do something like this? I took you into my home and I've been nothing but nice to you and you repay me by sleeping with my husband?"

"She-" Cameron begins to speak for me but I cut him off.

"Susan, you're right, you have been nothing but nice to me. However, in my defense, you only saw Cameron and I kissing. You don't know the extent of this relationship so I'm confused as to how you're so sure we have a sexual relationship."

She stares at me for a moment and I stare back, not backing down. She then looks at Cameron with so much disgust.

"Sign the papers Cameron." She says.

"Where's my daughter?" He asks.

"Sign the damn papers Cameron!" She raises her voice this time as the frustration shows in her eyes in the form of tears.

"Not until I see my daughter! You take her from me for over a month and now you want to make demands?"

"Dammit Cameron! You always have to complicate things. Taylor is safely in the car with my sister."

"So go get her." Cameron says while casually looking over the papers.

Susan wipes her eyes before leaving the room.

"Wow Cameron. What just happened?" I ask in shock.

The whole brave facade comes off and I begin to feel bad.

"I really don't know Mya, but she was destined to find out about us. Even with the divorce, we still have to raise Taylor and be in her life for the rest of her life. I plan on keeping you around for a while."

"I plan on sticking around for a while."

"I promise to make our vacation up to you, I'm sure you would've liked where we were going."

"Don't worry about our vacation, I'm just happy that you're alive and well. But, since we're not going on that trip, can you finally tell me where you were taking me?"

"Nope. We'll eventually go when my wound heals and I don't want to spoil it for you."

"Fine Cameron, have it your way."

"I always do at Burger King."

"You're so corny."

The door opens again and Taylor runs up to me.

"Mya! I missed you!"

"I've missed you too kiddo."

I bend down to hug her.

"Daddy, what happened?" Taylor walks by the side of his bed.

Susan is standing by the door and a woman who I assume to be Susan's sister is standing outside with an annoyed look.

"I'll be fine princess. Daddy missed you so much."

"I missed you too. I want you to come home with me and mommy."

"Princess, I'll be home when I'm much better okay?"

"Okay daddy. Is Mya still staying with us too?"

I watch Cameron look at me and I look at him.

"Of course she is, Mya is still your babysitter."

"Yay. Mya I can't wait for us to play with my new dolls."

"Neither can I." I say.

It hurts me that she is oblivious to what's going on. She wants everything to go back to how it was.

The mind of a child is so innocent and pure. She has no idea that the perfect family she wants or used to have, no longer exists.

Cameron may tell me it's not my fault, but I can't help but feel like it is. I knew what I was getting in to. The plan wasn't to fall in love, but I did.

The thought of everything makes my heart feel so heavy. It's all so overwhelming.

I walk out of the hospital room and I head to the bathroom. I look in the mirror before I start crying.

I love him so much, but I feel so bad. Taylor needs her parents together and with me in the picture, I'll mess that up.

Maybe I should just, resign.

If I resign right now while Cameron is hurt, because of me, I would feel so bad.

After he heals, I'll resign and break this thing off with him. It's going to be hard putting my heart on the backburner, but it's for Taylor.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

231K 5.4K 27
"I can't just be your mistress anymore, I have feelings that I know you will never understand." She turns and buries her face into her hands. Arms r...
Monopoly Par Author X

Roman d'amour

73.6K 1.9K 29
In which an affair gave them the greatest gift they could have asked for. Start date: August 24th 2020 End date: August 27th 2021
149K 3.5K 32
ABOUT THE STORY "Where am I? I woke up slowly, feeling groggy and drowsy and really out of place. Then it hit me. Everything came rushing back to me...
57.2K 3.1K 32
She didn't belong to him, and he didn't belong to her. But in that moment they felt everything was as it should be. When the sun rose, they would go...