Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 19: The Turn Up

3.4K 138 27
By blackgirlwrites

***(This chapter is super long. I hope y'all enjoy it and laugh a little bit. Peace.)***

Three weeks later...

Janelle burst into my apartment. "Hey y'all." She walked over to the sofa. I looked at Kevin.

"You didn't lock the door," I asked hitting his arm. Janelle plopped down in between Kevin and I.

"Bruh are you serious," Kevin said sucking his teeth and moving over.

"You had her occupied for weeks. Don't be stingy Kevin," she teased. She turned to face me. "So. I got us tickets to an outdoor R&B concert this weekend. Please tell me that you're available," she whined.

"Hell yeah I'm available. Who's performing?" Janelle grinned. "Everybody you love. Ginuwine, Tank, Badu, Tasia, D'Angelo, Joe, Musiq. Girl it's gon' be lit."

"Okay. I am definitely going," I said eagerly.

"Damn. So, I don't get an invite to R&B night? That's fucked up," Kevin joked.

Janelle sighed and slightly turned to him. "Since Ade's going I guess it doesn't hurt if you go, but you have to buy your own ticket."

"I can handle that."

I squealed in my seat. "Yo this is gon' be poppin! It's an all day affair too," I said as I looked at the event details online. "Let me get my cup ready so I can get drunk. Imma be so lit," I said standing up and shaking my ass a little. "This'll be the one day I'm permitted to be ratchet. Aye!"

Janelle and Kevin looked at me. "What has gotten into you," Janelle asked.

"Nothing. I'm just excited that's all.

"MmMm. Nope. Come here," she instructed. "Look into my eyes." I looked at her. "Kevin you gave her wine at this hour?" Kevin held his hands up. "Aye. Don't look at me. I just got here too. Now, what she did before I got here, I don't know."

"You know you gotta check her crazy ass when you come in the door. She can't be trusted with wine in the house," Janelle teased.

"Okay can y'all chill? It's not that deep. I'm just in a good mood. Why it always gotta be something?"

"Cause you not this hype on a daily sis."

"I only had one glass of wine," I argued.

"That's enough," Janelle and Kevin said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

"So, I got my best friend and my boyfriend siding with each other. Ain't this some shit. I feel personally attacked."

Kevin cleared his throat. "Fiancé. I ain't one of these regular niggas."

I scrunched up my face at him. "My bad. Fiancé."

"Yeah you better recognize baby," he said. I rolled my eyes and playfully mushed his head. "Shut up."

I got up from the couch. "I'm going to get some more wine, if anyone was curious. Y'all want anything while I'm up?" I asked as I headed towards the kitchen. "Snacks," Janelle yelled out. Kevin didn't want anything.

"What kind you want, J?"

"I don't know. Just bring me everything you got."

"You're such a fat ass," I teased.

"I can't hear you," Janelle said loudly to me. I laughed and poured my glass of wine.

"Aye Lys," Kevin called out to me.

"Yeah babe!"

"Is it okay if the homies slide through real quick!"

"Yeah. That's fine." About thirty seconds later someone was making beats on my door. "Damn. They must have already been in route. Kev you got it?"

Kevin got up. "Yeah."

I rummaged through the cabinets to find Janelle some snacks. "Lys, hurry up," Janelle whined, "I'm hungry."

"Hold on dammit. I'm coming."

Five of Kevin's friends came flooding in. After dapping up Kevin and greeting Janelle, they came into the kitchen to say hi.

"What's up Lys," Darius said as he gave me a hug. "Congratulations again on your engagement sis." I hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much." Mark, Evan, and Josh all hugged me too.

"Sup Lys," Adrian said from the living room. "What up Ade!"

I scooped Janelle's snacks into my arms. I walked back into the living room. "Here J," I said dumping them into her lap. "Damn bitch," she said as she gathered the snacks in her lap. "You could have put them on the table," she said as she opened up a honey bun. "Or you could just say thank you," I teased. I headed back to the kitchen to grab my glass of wine.

When I got back into the living room I sat down on the floor. "So guys what's up," I asked. The guys sort of mumbled.

"I mean ain't nothing going on forreal," Mark started. "I'm trynna find me a lil boo though. Lys, J, which one of y'all can help a nigga out? Y'all got any single friends?"

Evan groaned. "Oh my gosh. This nigga been talking about this shit for weeks. Please help him out. I'm tired of hearing him complain about being lonely." Janelle and I laughed. "What's your type?" Janelle asked. "We might be able to help you out." Mark sat up. "Deadass?" Janelle and I laughed. "Yeah," she said.

"So what's your type," Janelle asked again.

Mark grinned. "I like em brown skin and natural." He licked his lips and laughed. "With a lil nice body ya know."

"We'll see what we can do," I replied.

"Whatchu doing on Saturday," Adrian asked Mark.

"I don't really have nothing planned on Saturday. Why what's up? Whatchy'all getting into?"

"We're going to an outdoor R&B concert. It's supposed to be lit. You should come. You might meet someone there."

"Oh word? That sounds like a plan. How much are the tickets?"

"Thirty."

"Cool. I'm bout to purchase it right now. Imma find me a girl that like her a lil husky nigga," he joked as he stroked his chin. We laughed.

"So Alyssa. Have you figured out whatchu gonna do for school?" Josh asked. I leaned back on my hands and sighed. "To be honest y'all. I think I might just transfer to another university. I've applied to six schools and I've already got five acceptances; just waiting on one more. At this point I'm just shooting my shot. Whatever happens imma be straight."

"How do you have acceptances already," Janelle asked. "You only been gone, what, one almost two months."

"Let's just say I know people who are willing to pull more than a few strings for me," I grinned.

"Oh so you just got it like that sis," Mark teased.

I laughed, "Uh. Something like that."
...
It was Saturday afternoon and Janelle was getting ready for the concert at my place. We had G-Easy's "No Limit" blasting through the speakers. I was fully dressed and my hair was already done. I was just finishing up my make up.

"Janelle you almost ready," I called out from my room. "Yeah. I only need like ten more minutes."

I quickly looked myself over in the mirror before grabbing my shoes and tossing them in a bag with my keys and phone. I exited my room and headed towards the kitchen, setting my bag in the living room floor on the way. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed my already filled liquor cup. I grabbed two shot glasses out of the cabinet and filled them with strawberry vodka.

"Janelle come take a shot with me," I called out to her.

"I'm coming," she yelled back. She came into the kitchen fully dressed. "Ooh bitch. Let me see you. You look good J," I said when I saw her.

"Thanks Lyyys," she said grinning. I handed her her shot.

"Here you go."

I picked up my shot glass after handing Janelle hers and counted down. "3, 2, 1." We quickly downed it. I looked at her.

"You want another one," I asked.

She thought about it for a moment. "Yeaaah," she said slowly, her lips forming into a grin, "but let's do a shot of Henney."

I side-eyed her. "Oh bitch you wanna be mixing. Okay," I said grabbing the bottle of Hennessey. I poured her shot and then mine. "Drink up," I said to her before taking my shot straight back.

After about five minutes there were various knocks at the door. "I'm coming," I yelled as I walked over to the door. "Oh look. It's Kevin and the too live crew," I joked. I opened the door wider for them to come in.

Kevin laughed. "Hey babe. Y'all just about ready," he asked before kissing me on the cheek. Before I could respond he stepped back and looked at me. He leaned back in. "Is that Hennessey I smell," he asked as he grabbed my face to smell my breath. I tried to run. "Unh uh. Come here baby," he chuckled as he grabbed my wrist.

"Oh my goodness! Why you gotta be so extra," I whined just before he kissed me.

He laughed. "Yep. That's the Henney." I chuckled and smacked his hand away from my face. "Damn Kev now I gotta reapply my lipstick." I turned to walk away, but he caught me by my waist and kissed me again. He slipped in a little tongue. I grabbed the back of his neck as he kissed me more intensely. "Baby we have company," I teased.

"Y'all are irritating as fuck," Mark joked. "As fuck," Josh reiterated.

"Single motherfuckers always hating," Kevin joked.

"Haha," Josh replied.

"Hello! Are y'all ready," Janelle asked coming into the living room.

Everyone turned to look at her. "What," Janelle said.

Adrian said what all the guys wanted to say, but couldn't out of respect for him. "Damn you look good girl," he said. "Look at that ass bae," he said. "Don't it look good though," I chimed in. "It's sitting girl," I said to Janelle. She laughed.

"Okay. Now that we've established that Janelle has a fat ass, can we go," Josh asked.

"Yes let's go," I said. Everyone got up and headed for the door.
..
We arrived at the concert venue within thirty minutes. I was so pumped when we got in. I had my cup of liquor in hand and was ready for the festivities to began so I could turn up how I really wanted.

When the concert finally got into full swing Janelle and I were having a ball. We made friends with some random girls and everything. Janelle and I were all over the place. We were cutting up. It was hard for Adrian and Kevin to keep up with us after a while.

When Tank got on the stage and the beginning notes for "When We" came on the crowd lost it. I kid you not some women threw their panties on the stage. I was drunk, but not that drunk, okay! Kevin came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me as Tank sung.

Who came to make sweet love not me
Who came to kiss and hug not me
Who came to beat it up, Rocky
When we---

By the time Tank finished his set I was definitely inebriated. Me and Janelle kept leaving Kevin and Adrian behind. We bumped into Mark flirting with a girl. Darius, Evan, and Josh weren't too far behind him. They were trynna mack too.

After a while Kevin and Adrian finally caught back up to us.

"Oh my god! J do you see her?" I said leaning into Janelle. "She is so fucking fine."

Janelle looked confused. "Who you talking about Lys?"

"The girl behind me," I said nodding my head over my left shoulder. "You see her?"

Janelle tried to be discreet. "Yeah I see her," she responded. "Ooh she's pretty."

"See who," Kevin said butting into the conversation. "Some girl staring at Lys." I gave a quick glance in her direction and waited for her to approach me like I knew she would. Kevin was lost in the sauce. "Alyssa you crushing on another female right now," he asked stunned. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Alyssa got a gay crush," Darius asked approaching us along with Evan, Josh, and Mark.

"Kevin get off of me," I said in a jocular manner, "I'm trynna mack baby. You gotta chill." Everyone was hysterical as I shrugged him off. Kevin stepped back and looked down at me. "Oh that's how it is," he teased. "I got something for that ass," he said. "Not if she do first," I grinned.

Janelle laughed. "Listen y'all, when Alyssa is drunk two things happen; she gets a little---you know," she said cocking her head to the side, "and she flirts; no one is off limits. Alyssa is gay as hell when she's drunk man, I swear."

"I had no idea," Kevin chuckled.

"Oh yeah. Alyssa can definitely bag a couple of women. You better watch your back Kev. Looks like you got competition," Janelle teased as she nodded her head in the direction of the girl approaching me.

She ignored all of my friends staring at her and greeted me. "Hey! I'm Gia," she said extending her hand for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you Gia. I'm Alyssa."

"Nice to meet you Alyssa."

I started fawning over Gia. "Forgive me for starting, but you are so fucking gorgeous," I said still holding onto her hand.

"What! No! You are! Lookatch'yo fine ass," she said gushing over me. She twirled me around. "Damn! You a whole meal."

"Is this really happening right now," Kevin said as he and everyone else watched our interaction in complete and utter shock, except Janelle of course. She was used to the foolishness.

"Oh bitch this is my song," Gia said as the song "Insecure" came on. "You wanna dance," she asked me. "Hell yeah. This is my shit too. Let's go," I said pulling her away. She waved deviously to the guys as I pulled her into the crowd.

"Damn Kev. A woman just took ya girl," Mark said. Everyone laughed.

"Shit I'm not worried. Lys know what's up," Kevin said.

I wrapped my arms around Gia's neck as we rapped the lyrics.

Got a lot on my mind
I'm thinking I'm needing a break to clear up the clutter, damn man
Can I get a minute get some space, man
You been through my head, playing games man
You be way too controlling
Got me feeling like I can't breathe, I can't even hang with a homie
Ain't no reason not to trust me, I'm your lady, not a slave
You my nigga, not my master, I'll escape thinking, "Who can I run to?"
Got me looking for a new dude
With a chill vibe, who a nice time, who can lay back, who don't pick fights, who ain't insecure

We were just being goofy as we danced around. We were both drunk as hell. Somehow Gia finessed her way behind me and wrapped her arms around me as we sang the song. She playfully kissed my neck and sung the song to me. Gia actually had a voice and sounded good. She threw an arm around my neck as we sung the chorus. She sung it loudly in my ear.

Yeah, why you gotta be so insecure?
When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more
And why you can't get up off my back?
And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that

We were having a good time together. After Jazmine's set was finished they had an intermission. N.E.R.D's song "Lemon" came on. The crowd got hyped when Rihanna's part came up. Gia and I rapped the lyrics to each other.

I get how I live it
I live it how I get it
Count the motherfucking digits
I pull up with a lemon
Not 'cause she ain't livin'
It's just your eyes get acidic

Gia grabbed me by my hips and pulled me back. I started dancing on her. After a couple of minutes I felt a dick print on my ass. I stopped dancing and turned around. It was Kevin. "Surprise," he said. Gia was off to the side dancing and geeking with Janelle. I grinned and turned back around and started grinding my ass on Kevin.

After the song was over we walked back over to everyone. I was tired. "Yeah we gotta link up again," I heard Gia say to Janelle. Adrian's ears perked up.

"Link up where," he said as he grabbed Janelle's waist.

"Damn Gia you got these dudes shook," I laughed.

Gia laughed. "I'm not trynna take nobody's girl, except maybe his," she teased as she pointed at Kevin.

"You ain't taking shit," Kevin joked.

"Hm. Well the night is still young, so we'll see."

"That sound like a motherfucking challenge," Evan laughed.

Gia laughed too. "Nah. imma head back over to my girls. Thanks for showing me a good time Lys," she said as her hand slid down my arm.

"Oh so y'all on a nickname bases now, huh," Kevin joked, "ain't this some shit.

Gia chuckled and grabbed onto my hand as she turned to leave. I thought she was gonna let my hand go, but she didn't. Instead she pulled me back to her and kissed me on the lips in front of everybody. It caught me by surprise, but I kissed her back. It got hot real fast. The only thing I could say after that was "damn," and Kevin was not happy. Gia bit her bottom lip and walked away. "See ya."

My friends stood there with their eyes wide. "Oh shit," Josh said.

"Alyssa are you fucking serious right now?"

"What? It's not that serious."

"What's not? You dyking out in front of everybody?"

My eyes grew wide. "Kevin," I gasped, "I can't believe you just said some shit like that that to me. You're taking this too seriously.

"That's because you took it too far Alyssa! Damn!"

"I didn't know she was gonna kiss me. I'm not a mind reader Kevin."

"Fuck you mean you not! You were practically baiting her ass the entire time, so the how hell you ain't know? Don't try and act all innocent now, the fuck. Why didn't you tell me you liked pussy before I asked you to marry me!"

"Oh damn," Josh said with his eyes wide as he made eye contact with each person individually. He is so dramatic sometimes. I swear.

I scoffed. "Okay, you need to chill the fuck out. You're embarrassing the shit out of me right now and I don't appreciate it," I said as I turned to walk away.

"Oh like you did to me a few minutes ago. It would have been different if you ain't kiss her back, but you did. Shit. Your pussy probably get wet off that gay shit," he said in disgust.

I scoffed. "Oh wouldn't you like to know. Listen. Don't try and come for me like girl on girl sex don't come up in your browser history. Admit it. You gotchya damn life a few seconds ago. You're welcome." Everybody's mouth hung open.

"Shit. Ain't no coming back from that one," Josh said as I turned to walk away. I was so heated.

"Janelle you ain't going after yo girl," Mark asked.

"Nah. She good. I know exactly how this pans out," she smiled.

"Whatchu mean," Evan asked.

"You'll see."

I ended up by some vender selling fried oreos. I bought six of them. I propped up against a tree and bit into one. "Hey you okay," Gia asked as she approached me. "I saw that big blow up back there. I was just having a little fun. I didn't mean for you to get fussed out on account of me."

"Girl you good. None of this is your fault. When I get drunk I show the fuck out, okay," I laughed. "I was having a damn good time and if he wants to be mad he can be mad by his damn self."

Gia laughed. "I really like you. We gon' have to hang out one day."

"Hey. I'm down."

"Really?"

"Hell yeah. Let's exchange numbers so we can make that happen."

"Okay bet."

Gia put her number in my phone and I called her from my phone so that my number would automatically be in hers. I offered her some fried oreo's and then we left to head back to our respective groups. "Later Gia," I waved to her. "Bye Alyssa."

When Janelle saw me walking up to the group she started walking towards me. She stopped me before I could reach them and pulled me to the side.

"You good," she smiled.

I grinned back. "Yeah I'm good. You know how I get down J and you know I would never do anything to jeopardize my relationship with Kevin. I'm not going anywhere."

"Oh honey trust, I know," she laughed.

I stole a quick glance at Kevin. I sighed. "I'm going in. Wish me luck."

"Good luck."

When I approached Kevin the guys dispersed. "Can we talk?"

"Look, I'm not up for it right now. Maybe later. I've had enough back and forth for now," Kevin said walking away from me. I couldn't even stop him.
..
We arrived back at my apartment two hours later. Kevin was still outside in the car when we got in.

"So are we still crashing here or what?" Mark asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't y'all be?"

"I just thought since you and Kevin---," Mark trailed off.

"Oh you thought y'all couldn't stay here because me and Kevin got into a little tiff?"

"Weeell---"

I cut Mark off. "Well let me be clear. He doesn't live here so if y'all still want to stay the night and hang out y'all can. He don't run shit in here."

Everyone was quiet. "There's snacks in the cabinet, food in the fridge, takeout menus in the drawer, and if anybody still wants to get lit there's liquor on the counter and wine in the fridge. Have fun. I'll be back. I'm gonna go take a shower."

After getting out of the shower I heard Kevin come in. "Hey y'all," he said upon entry. "Where is she?"

"Back there," Janelle replied.

I wrapped my towel around my body and headed into my room. Kevin was already there sitting on my desk. "Hey baby."

"Are you here so you can spar it out with me again," I asked as I grabbed my lotion and sat on my bed. "Because if you are you're gonna be arguing by yourself," I said, my back turned to him. I heard him get up.

Kevin walked in front of me. "I'm not here to fight. I'm here to apologize." I sucked my teeth. I continued putting on my lotion. "Baby can you look at me for a second?" One look at him and I knew it would be all over. Kevin hooked his finger under my chin and lifted up my face. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted the way that I did." He licked his lips and leaned closer to me. "Fuck," I whispered. He was doing exactly what I didn't want him to do. My breathing became shallow as I watched his lips move. "I love you and I'm not letting anyone or anything get in the way of our relationship," he said. Kevin tugged at my towel and watched it come undone in front of him. "Are we clear," he asked me as he pushed me back onto the bed. I nodded my head yes. "Good," he said as he kissed my shoulders, then my collarbone. "So let's kiss and makeup," he said as his lips hovered over mine.
..
An hour later we left the room and headed out into the rowdy living room.

"Look who's made up," Janelle said cheerfully. "We heard y'all nasty asses," she teased.

"Oh my god Kevin don't stop," Josh mimicked. Everyone started cracking up. I threw a pillow from the couch at him. "Shut up Josh!" He ducked and laughed. "Right there baby. Right there," he imitated again. I gave him the stale face. "I hate you." No one could contain their laughter.

"Yeah. I'm not for everyone. I'm more of an acquired taste."

"Oh you was quick with that one," Darius cackled as he dapped him up.

"Hm. Really? D tell me about how he taste since you dick riding right now."

"Oh shit," Mark shouted.

"Don't do me like that Lys. This isn't even about me," he chuckled.

"Nah D can't vouch for me, but your ex nigga can."

"Ayo," Mark laughed. "Y'all are wildin'."

I laughed. "Oh so you must like pussy if you fucking with my old dick?" I said putting my hand on my chin.

"Apparently not as much as you do," he snapped back.

"Oh you're a real messy bitch," I laughed.

"And a classy one," he smiled sweetly before taking a sip of his wine. Everyone was in hysterics.

"Kev getcha mans," Janelle laughed pointing from Kevin to Josh.

"Mm. I would have to disagree. How many niggas you let hit again? I've lost count."

"You know what," he chuckled, "Imma find you some dick to occupy that nasty ass mouth of yours."

"No need. You've had enough for the both of us," I smirked.

"You ain't shit."

"I'm just a reflection of you sis," I smiled.

"Ya know what," Janelle laughed. "I'm not about to play with y'all."

"Damn Alyssa got dicked downed and came out a fucking savage," Evan laughed. "This is all Kevin's fault though. We should definitely blame him for this." Laughter went around the room in agreement. Josh's and I sparring session had everyone riled up.

"Alyssa know I got nothing, but love for her," Josh said as he jumped on me.

I laughed. "I love your crazy ass."

"Pile up," Janelle yelled.

"Bitch you better not," I yelled. Janelle hopped on top of us. "And she did," I mumbled. The rest of the guys followed. "Nooo. Don't do it," I yelled. I felt their weight on me. "I hate all of you," me and Josh said dryly at the same time. Everyone laughed.

"I love y'all," Darius shouted out.

Everybody yelled. "I love y'all too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 1.2K 9
"Brandon..... You're hurting me.", I hissed at him as he tightened his hold around my arm. "I don't give a fuck!", He hissed back digging holes insi...
PASSION By Piyu

Fanfiction

8.1K 734 68
Okay so this story is written two years back , so if it's cliché , understand . And I was really new to writing . If you guys have read it before I u...
70.2K 3.6K 12
'After Dinner Straight to Our Room, Don't Be Late Tonight Hmm?' . . . - God save me this time too pleaseeee~ A short fluffy story of Newly Married Co...
65 12 13
This story might be a bit confusing but bare with me, please.