windfall || k.th

By chimmochii-

Before I knew it, he already has me pushed up against the wall with him hovering over my smaller frame. He st... More

✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)و ✧
P R O L O G U E
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11

3

6.3K 306 183
By chimmochii-

He's not saying anything. He just.. stared. Which I might add, creeps me out a little. So in order to cover up how awkward and timid I'm actually feeling right now, I stared back.

Now that I actually took a good look at his face, I noticed how much he had changed. His fashion sense is no longer weird and kiddy. His skinny, petite form is now masculine. His facial features are now more defined. He really did turn from a boy to a man.

However, his eyes didn't change. The way he stares at me didn't change. In the past, I've come to learn that although he seem to be blank most of the time, a million things are probably going on in that head of his. Which had me recall our high school days, when we used to be best friends. How he spaces out all the time while spending his lunch time with me on the rooftop.

"Taehyungie?" I call out to his seemingly distracted self. However, I receive no response as he only kept staring at the city over the railing. I smile a little at how he has his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he thinks about the future. Or maybe, if his self-proclaimed pet rabbit on the moon is living a good life.

"Taetae~" I tuck on his uniform sleeve, finally capturing his attention. He raises both his eyebrows as he turns to me, a smile later appearing.

"Oh, Hyunji-ah! Sorry, I'm just thinking~" He giggles, and I laugh a little.

"When are you not, Tae." His smile grows and reaches his eyes at what I said. Swinging his arm around my shoulders, he laughs and said,

"No one knows me better than you do, Hyunnie!"

"Since when did you start catching my habit?" I snap back to reality upon the booming of his incredibly deep voice from across the table.

"E-excuse me?" I croak out, but the man didn't answer. Instead, he continues staring, his gaze piercing right into my soul. Shuddering under his intense stare, I try to distract myself by slowly cutting the piece of steak that is served before me. A sigh is soon heard, followed by the clanging of utensils against plate.

The atmosphere in the room is so heavy to a level that it's a little suffocating. I dare not to look up, and only has my eyes on the plate before me and my lap. Just as I thought I was going to die out of the suffocating silence, the man spoke.

"Don't think that you'll get to have high quality lunch like this everyday. This is just a mini welcoming party for you. I need you to run me an errand after this."

-

Stumbling through the door of Coffee Lab, I drag my extremely worn out self over to the table that was supposed to be especially reserved for me. I exhale through my mouth at the sight of my annoying best friend, Park Jimin.

"Oh, Hyunnie! You're here!"

"Yeah, that's great. Now get out of my seat, will you?" I respond with a sarcastic smile and roll my eyes when he pouts. The boy doesn't look like he was going to comply, so I turn to give the owner of the cafe -who sat opposite of Jimin- a desperate look. The man laughs. Not sure whether it's due to amusement or sympathy though.

"Here, you can take my seat." He offers, and I agree without a slightest bit of hesitation.

"Can I have an iced latte please?" I ask and with a curt nod, he walks away. My body relaxes as my eyes follow his large form moving around to prepare drinks. It was all peaceful until Park freaking Jimin decides to ruin it all by saying, "What happened to you? You look horrible."

Taking a deep breath with my jaw clenched in annoyance, I try my best not to snap at him and unnecessarily waste all of my remaining energy. So I chose to stare at him with a blank expression without saying anything. Thank heavens that he understands the look I'm giving him and stops talking.

For the next three minutes, I have my eyes closed as I sink into my cogswell chair. However the calmness of my soul is completely destroyed when my rebellion brain decides to remind me of what I had went through today.

"AISH!" Involuntarily, I had slammed my palm against the table separating me and Jimin. Said boy flinched at my sudden outburst, and so does everyone else in the cafe. Under normal circumstances, I would've been embarrassed. I'd probably even go under the table so I don't have to feel eyes on me.

But right now; the shy, cautious side of me seem to have vanished completely.

"Yah! You scared me!" Jimin frowns, his eyebrows meeting and eyes narrowed. I couldn't care less, of course. With continuous grunting, I violently ruffle my hair up in frustration.

And I have to freaking work with that jerk for five freaking years.

"Hyunji-ah.. calm down please, people are watching you." Upon hearing his voice I immediately stop what I was doing, look up, grab the cup of -what I assume to be my latte- and chug them down my throat in one go.

"Woah slow down there, tigress!" Jimin's too late. Because just when he was about to reach out for the glass in my hand, I had already slammed it down onto the table with a satisfied huff.

"Hyunji-ah.." Jin stares at me with wide eyes, like I've just grown a second head or a third eye.

"I think she's finally lost it." Jimin comments, earning himself a nasty look and a flick on his forehead.

"Bossy boss?" Jin guesses, and I nod with a sad pout. "Couldn't be more of a jerk."

"What did he do to make you so pissed though?"

"Give these to Mr. Min. After that, go find Namjoon and he'll give you a few files and papers. Take those to the finance department. And- ah yes, go get me a cup of Americano. That's all. Make sure you come back in 15 minutes." He says, and I gape at him as he places a stack of files on his desk for me to take.

"15 m-minutes?" I must've heard him wrong. I'm very sure I heard him wrong.

"Yeah, 15 minutes. Better start running now, the clock is ticking~"

WHAT THE ACTUALLY FUDGE DOES HE THINK I'M FLASH OR SOMETHING

I pick up the stack of files and run to the elevator, which is still at the third floor.

"You've got to be kidding me." I groan, vigorously pressing on the 'down' button like it would somehow make the elevator come up faster.

It didn't. It freaking stopped at the 7th floor, 23rd floor then at the 58th floor. When the doors finally opened, I dash inside, pressing the number '70' and then the 'close' for about Nth times. I sigh when it finally does, and stare at the decreasing number on the screen.

"What's the rush?" The deep voice made me jump a little, almost dropping the files in my arms.

"Namjoon-shi?" How on earth did I not notice his presence when I first came in this man is like a giant.

"You know pressing that button like that doesn't make it close faster right?" He states with a smug smile, and I sigh in exhaustion.

"I know! But Tae- I mean, Mr. Kim made me do it! And the elevator was being so slow!"

"Hyunji-shi, you were at the 90th floor."

WHY IS HE SO LOGICAL ALL THE TIME IS HE SECRETLY A PHYSICS TEACHER

"Okay okay I get it. Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Mr. Kim said you have something for him?" I ask, and he nods with a smile.

"Can you get them and wait for me at the cafeteria please? I really have to run and I'm really late."

"Hm, sure. I'll be there."

"Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver!" Right after I say that, the elevator lets out a 'ding' sound, indicating our arrival at the 70th floor. I rush out almost immediately, not forgetting to thank Namjoon one last time before I do so.

This floor consists only of huge office rooms, so it's really not that hard to find Mr. Min's room -since I've been told he has the largest office on this floor-

I was about to barge into his office until when I step hard on my brakes. An image of the man's cold glare shot right into my mind, giving me chills and shivers up my spine.

Nope. I'm not ready to die yet.

A rather lazy 'come in' sounded a few moments after I knock, and I hesitantly push the door open. A familiar gush of cold air slaps onto my face as soon as I do so. The memory of my interview in this very room is starting to make my stomach twist and turn, giving me an urge to puke.

"Oh, coffee stain girl. What do you need?" The man asks as he looks up at me with a bored expression. Gulping, I bow and shuffle towards him to place the files on his desk.

"Mr. Kim wants me to give these to you, sir." He only nods and with a wave of his hand, he says, "You can go now."

-

"Jerk." I can't help but mutter to myself as I wait for the lift. I have only roughly around 5 minutes to finish everything, which is obviously not enough. I just hope my salary won't get cut for this.

Is my life hexed or something?

After ordering an Americano at the cafeteria and getting the files and papers from Namjoon, I rush my way over to the 7th floor. The finance department. Only to be greeted by a man screaming and trying to climb on top of another man larger than him. I later realize that it was a spider that had scared the living daylights out of him.

"Ah yes, thank you so much." The man, who introduced himself as Jung Hoseok, takes the stack of things I was holding with a crooked smile.

"Before you go, I wanna let you know that; I was just stressed. Please don't misunderstand, I'm definitely not a 24 years old man who's scared of a spider."

-

"You're late." Taehyung comments with raised brows. "Now, what did I say about being late?"

"I'm sorry, sir."  I mumble without looking up at him,

"What? I can't hear you."

"I'm sorry, sir!" And then, there's a terrifying sound coming from him. The sound of his chair, moving. He stood up.

"Well that can't do. What should I do with you then?" He walks around his desk, later leaning on it with his arms crossed. The room is quiet for a while, the only thing heard is my breathing and heartbeat. Curiosity is killing me, but I don't dare to look up at him.

Correction : I don't want to.

Just when thoughts about how I'm going to dissolve in the air come in my mind, he chuckles, making me subconsciously look up at him with a confused look. When he meets my gaze, his smile turns into a smirk as he uncrosses his arms and rests his palms against the desk behind him instead. I frown a little, knowing him, he must've come up with something either stupid or-

"Come to my house on Sunday. You're going to be my personal maid for a day."

A/N : How did I even manage to leave this on hiatus for one whole month istg you guys can kill me now (';ω;')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 0 27
"Why did you lie?" I cry as I see him standing on the stage screaming girls calling his name. Y/n found her childhood best friend but not where he s...
149 1 26
"I wanna date you." He said. Both of us just stopped and stared at each other. Everything went slow mo for a moment. It's like I could hear that real...
9.1K 456 8
COMPLETE Taehyung and Namjoon have struggled with their feelings for a long time. And recently, Taehyung had noticed the growing distance between the...
39.3K 1.2K 27
My life has been a serious of failed relationships and heartbreaks. Somehow, every guy I date, ends up leaving me. Thank God I have Taehyung, my be...