Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

6. Like Never Before

215K 7.4K 1.2K
By fanoshkaflippo

Her...

He just kissed me on the cheek. Okay, I need to breathe. Let's think this through. First of all, it didn't mean anything. Second of all, why the hell is my heart beating this fast? It was one peck, on the cheek. I mean no big deal. No big deal.

Should I go out after him or stay here? I want to go out but I feel naked in my stupid shorts. I mean, all I have aside from formal dresses is what I'm wearing now. Fate hates me, doesn't it?

The way he looked at me when he saw me in these shorts a while ago almost gave me a heart attack. No one has ever looked at me with that much heat before. Like never before. I feel hot! Not like hot and sexy, no, like hot; like my body is on fire and my face keeps radiating warmth. I'm sure my cheeks are also quite red.

But no. No, no. There's no way in hell that he wants me like that or anything. I mean, he just brought me here so that I would spend the night. You know, out of his kindness. Besides, he just saw me cry for an hour or so. That must have been like torture for him. I know for a fact that I look hideous when I cry.

But why the hell did he stay and watch me? That was really weird. He is really weird... and bossy. God, I have never met anyone who barks orders around that much. And it really bothers me.

Who are we kidding? You love it and you damn well know it. You're bad like that. It feels like someone is taking care of you.

I groaned as I sat on the bed, trying to steady my breath, and think straight.

I'm not a little girl to be ordered around. Yet I can't help but do what he says. I try to object but it's not working, maybe because he's right most of the time, or maybe because somehow I know that he only does that to look out for me. Why do I even trust him this much? What is wrong with me?!

I mean, I know I shouldn't have gotten out of the car but I had to. He was going to fight them. I saw the look in his eyes and I freaked out. I don't know why I just couldn't stand the idea of him fighting for me. To be honest, I didn't even think about it that much. It happened too fast. When I saw that look on his face, my mind automatically pictured him getting punched and maybe ending up bleeding, and that just did it for me. Next thing I knew I was outside begging him to get in the car.

I felt really hurt when he yelled at me after, though. I didn't mean to do something wrong I just wanted him to get in and I couldn't think of another way. And I have no idea why I cried that much when he called me crazy. It's just that I'm not crazy. Besides, I have had enough and I couldn't have kept it in anymore. I had to get some of it out. And for some reason I wasn't worried about crying or looking weak in front of him.

Somehow he seemed different and for some reason I feel safe with him. Like, it's okay for me to cry and it's okay for me to be myself. I mean, I know I just met him, but he just makes me feel things I had never felt before.

He made me feel shy, from the way he kept looking at me as if he's looking at something really unique. He made me feel beautiful when he kept looking directly in my eyes as if he can't figure them out. He made me feel precious, like I deserved to be protected and watched after. He made me feel comfortable enough to be myself around him, which is really weird. And he definitely made feel hot, like he makes my heart pound insanely every time he checks me out head to toe.

And much to my surprise, I feel myself seeking his touch every time he's near. I mean, what the hell is that? Why do I want him to touch me? What is wrong with me? Am I truly crazy? I've never felt this way before, never this intensely. So, why now and why with him? I feel like I just want to run into his arms, cry some more and let him caress my back and whisper sweet words to me until I fall asleep in his arms.

In a stranger's arms, I might just point out. I mean, is it because of what I have witnessed earlier? Is it because of Matthew and what he has done? Is this some sort of punishment, me wanting the touch of another man, even in ways I never wanted Matthew to touch me? Am I somehow trying to get back at him?

Because even with Matthew it was never like that. I never sought his touch or wanted his hands on me that badly. And when he did, I just went with it. I did love it of course, every hug, every kiss, every touch, all of it. I really loved it, but I never asked for it. I don't know why.

But this is different. He is different. His hands on me feel different. It feels like a shot of electricity runs through my whole body, burning where our skin meet. That sounds stupid, I know.

But you know what else surprises me? That I feel good about staying here. I have never spent the night out of Matthew's or Melinda's houses in years. But here, now? No matter how weird this sounds, somehow I feel like I don't want to be anywhere else. I don't want to go anywhere else. I like it here. Not the condo, or even the amazing view I got a glimpse of when we first got in, but here with him in general.

I don't know why, but it feels like I'm where I'm supposed to be. God, what has gotten into me? I sound crazy.

Taking a deep calming breath, I walked out of the bedroom to the living room.

Did I mention that he's incredibly handsome? He looks like a Greek god. He's really strong and tall, and quite breathtaking. Also, I wasn't kidding when I said that he is twice my size. I feel like a little girl next to him, yet in the most wonderful way possible. I don't even feel slightly scared or intimidated.

"Your mother was right, you do trust people way too easily," something reminded me.

"The cake will be here in fifteen. Anything else?" He smirked at me and my heart skipped a beat.

God.

"No. Thank you very much. You don't know how much I need chocolate." I sat on the couch, trying not to show him how much he affected me. He walked and sat in front of me on the table. His knees touched both mine, and I thanked God that he couldn't hear how loudly my heart was beating.

No one has ever had that much effect on me with just a simple unintentional touch. What is he doing to me? And why do I feel like crossing my legs?

He had a gentle yet serious look on his face, which told me what he was about to ask.

"So, do you feel like talking about it yet?" His eyes softened and I swore I felt like he would hug me if I gave him the chance.

And boy, I wanted to.

He blinked and ran a hand through his dark black hair as he waited for me to give him an answer.

His eyes are so mesmerizing; I feel like I could get lost in them forever. They're crystal blue, so light yet so incredibly deep.

Fot a moment I considered telling him everything, but then I shook my head. "No, I don't want to talk about it." I smiled weakly, hoping that he would understand.

I really don't want to talk about it. Not now. I don't want him to see how naive and gullible I actually happen to be. I have never even doubted either of them. Not once have I thought that one of them would ever do this to me. Pretty clueless, I was.

"Alright, not now then, but you will tell me." He insisted and I nodded slowly, with a little too active butterfly in my stomach.

I will tell him. He brought me to his place and gave me his bedroom to sleep in without hesitation. The least I can do is tell him my story. I honestly don't know what I would have done hadn't he shown up out of the blue.

We heard a knock on the door and I jumped up at the sudden sound.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just the cake." He put his hand on my shoulder. He went to open the door and I followed. There was a man standing with a big smile on his face, but with no cake.

"Where's the cake?" I frowned at him.

"What?" He asked and looked between us.

"The cake. You were supposed to bring the cake?" I said with a 'duh' tone of voice.

"What cake? Dean?" He asked as he entered the house and shut the door behind him.

Dean. His name is Dean. Why does that sound extremely good to me?

"Uh, nothing. What are you doing here, Jake?" He ran a hand through his hair again, a gesture I was quickly becoming so fond of.

It shows the muscles in his arms, flexing with every movement. It makes me want to reach out and touch his hair, feel it in my hands. God, when did I turn into such a pervert?

"Oh, I got locked out of my apartment, man. Can I spend the night here?" The man I forgot his name pleaded.

"Uhh..." Dean looked at me then back at him.

"Of course you can." I jumped in with a stupid grin.

It's not even my place, but this is actually good. Now things will be easier and not so awkward between us. We won't be staying alone in the same apartment anymore. I might actually be able to sleep and stop thinking about his hands on me or his chest against mine or me touching his hair, God knows why. This is a relief.

"Dean?" Jake looked at Dean with a questioning look.

"She says you can," he looked at me with amusement and a sexy smile on his lips, "then you can."

Whoa. My heart just stopped. It stoppe-- no, it's still working. Good.

"Thanks." Jake smiled at me and walked past us to the couch. We exchanged a look before following him, and I could see the relief in his eyes too.

Maybe he too was nervous about spending the night alone with me. This is going to be a long night, I can tell. Excitingly so. Whatever is left of it at least.

-----------

Sooooo?? What do you think, guys?

The chapters are a little short, I know. But I promise I'll try to make them longer.

Please vote if you like it and comment to let me know what you think of the characters and their chemistry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 10.2K 34
"Maybe it's time we stopped trying to stay away from each other," I said, surprising myself with my confidence. A tiny smirk of a smile skittered acr...
120K 4.6K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...
373K 11.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
816K 35.6K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...