Flowerstar's Judgement {COMPL...

By DawnfireOfSkyClan

Can you trust your own judgement..? The forest is peaceful, the four Clans are living in harmony and everythi... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 33

488 22 13
By DawnfireOfSkyClan

Flowerpelt enjoyed the cool, gentle breeze that ruffled her fur. She was resting outside the warrior's den. It wasn't cold yet, but leaf-bare would be here soon. Flowerpelt was worried about the upcoming season, but for once she was taking a moment to relax and not panic about everything going on around her.

It had been half a moon since Falconclaw turned up dead and SunClan was finding a little bit of normalcy again, even Flowerpelt. She hadn't spoke with Thornpelt in a while and she accepted the fact that whatever they had before Falconclaw tried to kill her was a thing of the past, she had to focus on her future which would be without Thornpelt.

Owlfoot's family had also been doing a little better, they were still in mourning and Flowerpelt knew that the feeling of loss would never go away, but they would learn to live without Owlfoot.

Flowerpelt closed her eyes, resting her chin on her paws and allowing herself to relax. She still wasn't cleared for any duties, but Honeywing let Flowerpelt sleep in the warrior's den and do her own thing around camp, but she would often visit the medicine cat den and help out if the two needed her.

Flowerpelt allowed the world around her to blur and she focused on her breathing and the sound of the leaf-fall breeze rustling through the leafless trees. It was refreshing almost. She had almost dozed off until a cry of fear ripped her back to the real world. Flowerpelt's heart instantly turned in knots. She jumped to paws, waiting to see a dead Clanmate.

Towards the back entrance of camp Flowerpelt saw the most recent patrol to the back of the territory, a patrol that Stormwind had been a part of. Flowerpelt sprinted across camp to see what was wrong. The cats of the patrol, Icepetal, Stormwind, Bramblepelt, Hawktalon and Windpaw all had a strange, black liquid on their coats.

Windpaw had the liquid on her left shoulder, Bramblepelt's chest was covered as well several spots on his forelegs. Icepetal and Stormwind both had it on their chests and shoulders but it was Hawktalon that scared Flowerpelt. Almost his entire face was covered with it, the tabby tom trembled, clearly in pain.

"What happened?" The voice came from Honeywing who was pushing her way through the crowd with Poppypaw on her tail.

"We were patrolling the back area of the territory beside the thunderpath," Bramblepelt explained, panting heavily. "A monster drove by and splashed this liquid onto all of us, we can't get it off and it tastes horrible. I don't if it's toxic or not."

"Get to my den." Honeywing commanded, Flowerpelt stepped aside so the affected cats could get help. She felt a twisting fear in her heart, what would happen to them? What was on them?

The cats who were close the ones in the medicine cat den were all pacing outside, Flowerpelt included. "Did it look bad?" Snakewhisker questioned Flowerpelt. "Was Stormwind in pain?" She could see the obvious love and concern in Snakewhisker's eye, a feeling they shared.

"Stormwind only had it on her chest, I think she'll be okay but I had no idea what the liquid was. I'm more concerned for Hawktalon, he had it all over his face." Flowerpelt heard a whimper from Nightwing who was sitting with her kits, clearing fearing what would happen to Bramblepelt and Hawktalon.

"We have very talented medicine cats." Snakewhisker spoke up, pulling the attention of Hawktalon's family as well as Snowtail who sat near Flowerpelt. "If any cats could figure out what this was and heal our warriors, it's them."

They all seemed to be soothed by his words, Flowerpelt was as well. Honeywing and Poppypaw are both incredibly medicine cats, the entirety of SunClan knew that they would do their absolute best.

After a long day and night of worrying, Flowerpelt and the others had to call it a night and sleep but not much sleeping was done from any of them. The next day, all of them went to the medicine cat den to see if they had made any progress. All of the affected cats were in nests. They still had the black liquid sticking to their pelts, none of them looked comfortable.

"I'm sorry," Honeywing dipped her head, her voice strained. "We haven't figured out what to do yet. The good news is I don't think any of their lives are in danger." All of the worried cats breathed out a heavy sigh of relief.

"What about Hawktalon?" Nightwing asked, her voice shaking slightly. "It's on his eyes, what if it blinds him?"

"If it does blind me," Hawktalon spoke up. "Then I'll be alright, and so will you, Nightwing." He lifted his head, face covered in the black liquid, it was clearly very stuck to his tabby fur, but he sounded hopeful. If Flowerpelt could see his expression he knew it would be filled with love and support. I wish I could be like Hawktalon. Flowerpelt flicked her tail, even with the news that it wasn't life threatening, Flowerpelt still worried a great deal for all the cats covered in the strange substance.

"I have an idea." All heads turned to Poppypaw who was examining Windpaw's shoulder. "A big part of the reason we can't get it off is because of the taste and because it's stuck to their fur right?"

"Yes." Honeywing replied, curiously at what her apprentice was going to suggest.

"Well, what if we put something just as sticky that tastes marginally better than this stuff on it. They can try and bite and claw it off, it's not ideal but I think it might work. We could use honey."

Honeywing thought for a moment. "I think we have some honey...I was getting some in preparation for sore threats this cold season but we could try it." The golden medicine cat quickly padded over to her herb store. "I should have plenty of honey, but I'll need some help. She turned around and overlooked the other cats in the nursery. "Nightwing, Tigertail, Snowtail, Flowerpelt and Snakewhisker come with us. We should do this down by the river so we can wash it off."

"What about us?" Thornpelt questioned, motioning to himself, Rainears and Crowfur. "We should be able to help."

"I don't need that much help." Honeywing replied, her voice slightly on edge. "If I need your help I'll send for you. Let's go." Nightwing helped Hawktalon to his paws and let him lean on her with the help of Tigertail as well. Flowerpelt and Snakewhisker each went to Stormwind.

"How do you feel?" Snakewhisker questioned, looking over the black liquid clinging to her fur.

"I want this stupid stuff off." Stormwind growled, clearing irritable. "I hate it, it's so uncomfortable. I'd sooner claw off all my own fur than deal with it for any longer."

"If Poppypaw's plan works then you won't have to." Flowerpelt tried to bring up Stormwind's hopes but she just let out a snort. The group of cats made it to the river with the honey and each of the cats covered by the liquid sat down by the water.

"We'll have to do Hawktalon a bit differently, but let's get the started on the rest of you." Honeywing mewed, dropping a leaf bundle filled with honey beside each cat. "Get that smeared on all the liquid. It won't be pleasant getting it off but it needs to come off."

Flowerpelt carefully picked up the honey and began smothering the thick, golden liquid on top of the black liquid. Snakewhisker did the same to Windpaw while Tigertail helped Bramblepelt and Snowtail helped Icepetal.

When Flowerpelt felt she had a good coating of the honey she turned to Honeywing for guidance on what to do next. "When you have them covered, step into the river. Flowerpelt tensed. She vowed to never step in the river, not after Feathernose's death. I have to. Flowerpelt took a deep breath. For Stormwind. Flowerpelt and Stormwind made their way to the river.

She took a step inside the water, cold instantly shooting up her entire body. She let out a hiss and forced herself the rest of the way win. Stormwind had the same reaction and instantly began shivering. "I hate this." She growled.

"I know Stormwind." Flowerpelt tried to calm her sister, it wasn't working.

"Now try and cleaning it, both of you." Flowerpelt licked the mixture of honey and the strange the liquid, nearly gagging at the taste of the black stuff. If the honey made it better, she could only imagine what it tasted like without it. Stormwind sat down in the river and began doing the same thing. "Bite it if you need to." Honeywing instructed.

Flowerpelt shared a look with Stormwind, she really didn't like the idea of biting her sister and ripping her fur off. "Just do it." Stormwind grit her teeth. "I want this off." Flowerpelt took a deep breath and bit down on a chunk of fur that was stuck to the honey and liquid. With a yank, Flowerpelt ripped it away from Stormwind's fur.

Stormwind let out a yowl of pain and Flowerpelt nearly panicked. "I'm so sorry!" Stormwind looked at the area where Flowerpelt had bitten.

"Don't be." Stormwind said through grit teeth. "It's coming off." Flowerpelt looked at the spot, Stormwind's fur was gone but so was the liquid. "Keep going. I can handle it." Stormwind put on a brave face and Flowerpelt forced herself to continue.

After a long time, and many painful cries, the cats covered in the liquid, minus Hawktalon were free of it. However, all of them had patches of fur missing, but they all looked relieved. Flowerpelt and Stormwind climbed out of the river and pressed up against each other, trying to get warm. "Thank you." Stormwind purred, nuzzling Flowerpelt. "I feel so much better."

Now the question was about Hawktalon, clearly the same method wouldn't be able to be used on him, they couldn't rip off his eyelids. "Alright, Hawktalon." Honeywing stood beside him. "I have an idea on what to do for you, but you might like it."

"I'll do anything at this point, I want this off." Hawktalon's mew was desperate, he was clearly in pain. Flowerpelt couldn't imagine what it felt like to have your eyes sealed shut.

"Follow me into the river, Nightwing you come too." Hawktalon's mate followed him and Honeywing into the river, both shivering as they touched the water. "Hawktalon, I'm gonna need you to dip your face into the river while we try and lick the the stuff off, okay? Just lift your head back up when you need a breath."

"Alright, I trust you." Hawktalon took a deep, shaky breath and dipped his head under the surface. Honeywing and Nightwing did the same thing. After a while, all three heads popped up.

"I think it's working!" Nightwing said in excitement.

"Then keep going." Hawktalon dunked his head once more. All the cats waited for a long time, but each time Hawktalon's head came up, it was clearer and clearly. Finally, his head popped up and he opened his eyes. Something seemed wrong tho, he was blinking rapidly and looking around in confusion.

"Hawktalon..?" Nightwing brushed up against her mate. "Can you..?"

"No." Hawktalon's reply was blunt, he dropped his head. "I can't see."

Flowerpelt's heart dropped, she felt Stormwind let out a saddened sigh, the others around them had similar reactions.

"Don't feel sorry for me." Hawktalon spoke up, this time louder. "I'm just glad we're all safe. I told you that if I lost my vision I would be okay and I will be. This isn't the end of me, just a different kind of beginning."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523 33 28
An evil spirit born to your kin, is where the danger really begins. This winter will bring shadowy cases, coming with it, help from unexpected places...
614 35 10
If one day you find out that your life has been an illusion, what would you do? Meet Forestkit, a loyal she-kit who loves her family and Clan. All sh...
3.5K 245 51
The sun will force peace by bringing death Lilykit has always been a stubborn, sassy and adventurous kit. Her sister, Owlkit, is shy and nervous. Her...
18.2K 751 45
"You are our future..." Three sisters born into the most ferocious Clan in the forest, their entire lives of ahead of them. Riverkit is ambitious wi...