I Won't Forget About You

By Lion_Kat

Pidge was finally able to get to go to an actual school for the first time since her elementary days. She met... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5 (Tissue Warning)

772 18 49
By Lion_Kat

Pidge had cried herself to sleep. Her mom was also asleep in the chair next to her.

Lance had arrived in the room he turned on the lights awaking the once sleeping girl.

Pidge turned her head and her eyes ached at the thought of leaving him. Tears poured out her eyes.

"Hey what's wrong Pidge." Lance panicked scooping up the girl in her his arms.

"The doctors told me I only have 3 weeks left to live." She sobbed.

"Oh my god." Lance squeezed the girl he also was crying. Why did his little Pidgeon have to have cancer why couldn't she be like everyone else be healthy for once in her life??

"Lance." She gasped. "Too tight."

"Sorry." He blushed as he quickly let go

"I don't want to leave you." Pidge whispered.

"Don't worry about it I'll love you forever and always." Lance smiled as he rubbed his girlfriends head.

her mom awoke and gave Pidge a sad smile she mouthed food and left the room.

"Oh Lance" Pidge giggled she loved him a lot.

Keith walked into the room with a teddy bear in his hand.

"Have a gift." Keith smiled as he tossed the gift into her arms.

Pidge squealed in delight she loved stuffies. especially teddy bears.

"I'm going to name him teddy then wish on a shooting star for a best friend." pidge smirked.

"UM RUDE!" Keith laughed "I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

"You are Keithy boy." Pidge giggled

"lance pick me up and hold me to Keith's height." Pidge whispered.

"sure." Lance smirked knowing what Pidge had in mind.

he lift her up minding the cords connected to her and held her up to his head and Pidge reached her hand out and rubbed his hair messing it up.

"Oh Keef i love you your the greatest friend anyone could ask for. I'll miss you" she hugged him hard and tight as Keith held her as he sat on the bed.

"what do you mean you'll miss me. your not moving anywhere?" Keith panicked.

"Pidge." Lance paused he knew she should tell him.

"I have been given 3 weeks left of my life........ at max." she looked away.

"What?" he cried he didn't want to loose his best friend.

"I'm very weak right now I can't even stand. I cant fight anymore because my body has a very weak immune system a simple cold can kill me right now." she sobbed she put her head in her hands she hated the idea of dying.

"Pidge." Keith sobbed he put her on the bed and took a moment to have a cry.

"i think its just a shock for everyone because they forget we aren't invincible." pidge mutterd.

"Yeah I guess." lance shrugged.

"Its a matter of when I die not if I die." Pidge continued.

Pidge crawled back into bed and waited for her mom to return with her food.

Lance kissed her head and left to go get food for himself.

Pidge opened her phone to text hunk.

P: Hey i have something to tell you i already told lance and Keith neither took it well but I don't really see a well reaction to the news.

right away Hunk responded.

H: what is it?

P:brace yourself

P: the doctors told me I only have 3 weeks left to live.

H: What?????

H: NO! please don't leave me!!!

P: I'm sorry

H: Don't be its not your fault you have cancer it wasn't something you could control.

P: Thank you Hunk I need to tell Allura and Shiro now.

Pidge switched her contacts to Allura. She never really got to know her well but she had always thought of her as the mom of the group much like how Shiro is the dad of the group.

P: I have told everyone except you and Shiro I'm going to tell him last and everyone is taking it hard. I have been given 3 weeks to live.

Instantly she got a reply.

A: NO NOT YOU YOU HAVE SO MUCH LIFE LEFT TO LIVE I'M CRYING

P: Its okay I have always thought of you as a mom and I will for sure miss you.

pidge closed her phone and saw lance walk in.

"if your wondering where your mom is she is in the cafetria and looking at photos of you but i got your lunch." lance smiled.

"Thank you." pidge smiled sadly. "I've told everyone except for Shiro I'm trying to build up the courage he has always been a father figure to me ever since we met up again."

"He has the right to now and it will hurt him hard heck it has hurt everyone." Lance hugged her.

Pidge opened her phone and opened it to Shiro's contact she started texting.

P: Shiro you need to sit down for this I have something to tell you.

Pidge decided to ease in and not tell him off the bat.

S: what is it Pidge?

P: you know how I have been in the hospital lately.

S: yes?

P: the doctors told me i only have 3 weeks left to live.

S: OMG!

P: my immune system is very week a simple cold could kill me. I can't even stand.

S:Pidge I'm coming to see you I don't want you to die without me seeing you.

P: it's three weeks it's not like I'm dead right now.

S: I still want to see you.

P: oh Shiro.

Pidge smiled she was happy on how well he took the news but she was still upset but she cuddled into lance who had fallen asleep.

Pidge ate her food it was nothing special just chilli.

Once she finished she fell asleep.

~ later ~

Pidge woke up gasping for air she looked around and everyone was there. doctors were in the room working on her machines hanging more bags onto the IV stand. Suddenly everyone side of relief.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"You flatlined we thought we lost you." Her mom hugged her right away.

"I flat lined?" She sobbed.

"Sweetie it's okay it was just sudden we weren't expecting it." He mom whispered into her ear happy she didn't yet have to burry her child.

"Okay." She then fell asleep but she was still nervous but yet again wasn't everyone?

Pidge was sound asleep her heart beat was normal and so was her breathing.

"I don't want her to die just yet I still want to hold her in my arms how can I hold her when she is buried 6 feet under?" Lance sobbed as he fell to the ground Colleen was next to brake down reality hitting them all in the face like a brick.

"Lets just appreciate the time we have with her now." Hunk spoke as he hugged lance who hugged him tightly back. Colleen was confederate by Shiro who had lost the same people she had and understands her pain.

"Okay we all need to go home and take a good nap." Keith stated as he left another teddy bear in Pidge's arms she now has a collection of them since Keith gives her one every time he visits her in the hospital.

Lance still had tears in his eyes his girlfriend was dying and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Lance you want to have a sleepover at my house. We can watch Clueless it's your favourite." Hunk asked.

"Okay thank you hunk." Lance smiled he was lucky to have a friend like him.

~ night time GET YOUR TISSUES READY~

Hunk was trying to sleep but it wasn't working every time he was close to falling asleep Lance would start crying from a nightmare.

He heard Lance's ringtone go off it was Toxic by Britney Spears he went over and read the caller ID it wasn't good it was Colleen hunk answered and hear sobs from the other end

"Hello Colleen what's up?" Hunk asked but knew there was something going on with Pidge and it wasn't good.

"Pidge Flatlined again and they can't restart heart they have been trying for 3 minutes now." Colleen sobbed.

"I'm coming Colleen." Hunk panicked he was close to tears but he needed to stay strong.

Hunk walked over to Lance to wake him up.

"Lance! Lance!" Hunk spoke as he shook him.

"What's up hunk?" He muttered as he rubbed his eyes.

"Pidge flatlined again we need to head to the hospital." Hunk stated.

"What?" He whispered he started to cry but Hunk grabbed his arm and started to get ready to head to the hospital.

"Lance come on and call Keith Shiro and Allura." Hunk called as he exited the house and made way to his car.

Lance put on his shoes and coat and exited the house. He put Shiro on the phone and cleared his throat.

S: hello?

L: hey Shiro this is Lance I got a call from Colleen that Pidge flatlined again and they can't restart her heart.

Lance's voice cracked at the end he needed to have a good sob but he had to tell everyone the news first.

S: are you at the hospital yet? I'm coming.

L: no me and hunk have only just got in the car.

S: I'm on my way so I'll see you there I guess.

L: bye.

Lance hung up and a few tears escaped his eyes and ran down his face lance quickly rubbed his eyes and called Keith.

K: what's up lance you don't usually call me. Wait WHATS WRONG WITH PIDGE!

L: she flatlined again and it may be for good.

K: shit I'm on my way.

L: DON'T SPEED.

K: WHO's GONNA STOP ME LANCE!

L: THE POLICE!

K: fine only because Pidge is important and if she dies I want to be there for the funeral.

L: good.

K: Shiro's car is gone.

L: probably forgot to tell you and went out without thinking.

K: the little fucker.

Lance hung up and sighed he hated telling everyone the news but it had to be done. Suddenly he got a call from Colleen again.
He quickly answered.

C: Lance she's gone.

L: no.

C: it's true.

L: I'll be there soon just wait everyone is coming.

C: thank you Lance.

Lance hung up and put his head in his hand he couldn't call allura right now he just couldn't.

"Lance is that call what I think it was?" Hunk panicked he needed to calm he was on the road after all.

"She is gone hunk." Lance broke down his face was red his eyes were puffy.

They pulled into the hospitals parking lot and lance got out the car and fell to the ground and let his pain out he lost her.

"Lance." Hunk hugged his friend and cried with him.

Hunk heard footsteps behind him and looked up it was Keith.

"Is Pidge gone?" He asked his eyes were trying not to cry but he was close.

Lance nodded.

"Oh my god. Why WHY." Keith was angry and sad he turned aground and saw Shiro his brother.

"Shiro." He whispered.

"Keith we new she wasn't going to survive long and now we have to say goodbye. I talked with Colleen and we decided to schedule the funeral two weeks from now." Shiro hugged Keith to get him to calm down.

Keith sobbed in his chest. Lance stood and called Allura but Shiro took the phone from him and told Allura himself.

Pidge was gone.

The crew walked into the hospital and Colleen was there crying she had lost her family. She had her daughter stolen from under her nose.

"Colleen....." Lance whispered he ran over and hugged her tight. "We are here you are not alone."

They walked out of the hospital and decided that they will all stay at Colleens house in honour of her daughter who was lost to soon.
___________________________________

Wut up guys, gals and my non binary pals it's me again and I hope you guys didn't cry to much next chapter will be her funeral alright?????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 16.9K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
6.7K 148 8
No killers No witch No bad goodes This a long story about nick and ziggy at camp. They have to keep secret because Goode family is a Sunnyvaler gol...
1.1M 37.3K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
458K 31.3K 46
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...