Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

By xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... More

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 28: Pretty Badass

34 1 0
By xlaurynwritesx

Rick talked with the man about how to get there. Rick decided to take a different road just in case. He wanted to go at night so it'd be easy to get out if it was bad. The man tried to tell us that him driving the quickest route was safest but Rick was too cautious and wanted to go the extra length to make sure we were safe.

"It's gonna be a long trip. Everyone eat." Rick explained. "Get some rest if you can." He walked outside. I walked over to the food and grabbed a can of corn. I started eating and I sat in front of the guy.

"What was your name again?" I asked looking at him. Might as well start my act now.

"It's Aaron." He said with a small nod. I could tell he was worried.

"We've been through a lot, that's why he's being that way." I said to him with a small smile. "I'm sorry it makes you nervous."

"I just want to make it back safely and thank you-" He started.

"Lyla Rose." I answered as I ate some more.

"Lyla Rose. They don't say your name a lot." He said looking to me. I forgot he had been watching us.

"There's no reason to." I shrugged lightly. "I do what I'm supposed to. Do you need anything to drink or eat?"

"No I'm fine for now thanks." He nodded once.

"Okay well I'm gonna go rest up. We have a big night ahead of us." I smiled lightly and kindly. He smiled back with a nod as I walked over to Carl.

"What was that about?" Carl asked quietly.

"It's a thing I do." I replied as I ate some more food. He gave me a confused look. "I act innocent. It makes me seem less threatening."

"I've never seen you act that way." He said.

"You think I'm lying." I raised my eyebrows and smirked. "Ask Michonne about it. You'll be surprised." He rolled his eyes lightly as I walked away with a smirk still present on my face.

I ate my food and was sitting with Judith trying to get her to fall asleep. Carl came over and sat next to me. "You put a knife to her throat?" He asked as I started laughing. "Why is that funny?" He asked confused.

"You came over saying that without context." I smiled to him. "And yes. She needed some medicine for Andrea. I pretended to follow along so she wouldn't slice me in half and then I took the chance when I saw it." I replied with a shrug.

"That's pretty badass." He said with a nod.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "I'm pretty sure I was going crazy around then." I said as I held Judith's head to my chest.

Not long after they said we were leaving. I sat in the RV with everyone except Glenn, Rick, Michonne, and Aaron.

It was dark out and we drove for a while before Abraham slammed the breaks. "What's going on?" Sasha asked from the back with us.

"Walkers all over. We have to get somewhere safe." Abraham said as I got two knives out. Everyone else got their guns and Carl strapped Judith to his back.

We saw a flare gun shot go up and we went to it. It was near a warehouse.

There was a man on the ground surrounded. The others got them and looked at the man. "You're the group with Aaron right?" He asked looking at us.

"It's not safe here. We need to go." Daryl said as we heard snarls coming from around us.

"Down the alley is a room. It should be safe." He said as Abraham and Daryl helped him get there. They laid him down by some pillows and I went to his side.

"You hurt your foot?" I asked as he nodded.

"I might've twisted it. Do you guys have a doctor?" He asked looking at me.

"I'm the closest we've got." I responded. I took off his shoe carefully. I looked at the side of his foot. "Tell me when it hurts." I started pressing down where I noticed a bruise forming.

He grunted. "There. It's there." He said as I looked.

I took my book out and flipped. "That's where it usually breaks." I turned to the others and looked to them. Can someone find a piece of wood and a rope or tape?" I looked at them as Maggie and Tara went in search of it.

"Where'd you learn all this?" The man asked as he breathed heavily.

"We had three real doctors of all sorts. I try to learn as much as I can." I said to him. He was obviously in pain. I opened my bag and got out a pain pill.

I handed it in front of him. Maggie came back with rope and Tara had the wood. "Thanks." I smiled to them. "It's oxycodone. It helps with pain."

"I'm good for now." He replied. I understood. It was like taking candy from strangers.

I put it back up and I straightened his leg which made him wince. "If it's too tight let me know. I don't want to make it worse." I said looking to him.

"Okay. Where's Aaron?" He asked as I tied the board around.

"He's with the other group. They're strong so they'll be able to get him here." I replied reassuringly as I finished up tying it. "It's not the best but it'll have to do for now."

"Thank you." He nodded once. I went out and waited for the others to find us. Daryl was outside whistling so they could find us. After a while he banged on the door.

We went out and saw all of them coming. I ran to Michonne and hugged her. "Are you okay?" I asked worried.

"We're fine. Let's get inside." She smiled to me as we went in. Aaron ran to Eric to check on him. Not long after Rick went in and got Aaron to come back out. He was thanking us but he was looking at me.

"I'll pay the debt in full when we get to my community. When we get to Alexandria." He smiled. "Now I don't know about you but I'd rather not do anymore driving tonight." He chuckled as some of the others did too. "So how about we go in the morning?" He asked.

"That's fine." Rick answered with a nod. "But you'll be sleeping over there."

"Do we really have to do that?" Maggie asked with her arms crossed.

"It's the safest play." Rick responded simply.

"I'm sorry but the only way your gonna keep me from being with him is if you shoot me." He explained looking at Rick. I understood now. They were together.

Aaron walked forward a little and Glenn got in front of him. Glenn started trying to convince Rick to let him in. I didn't hear what Glenn said but Rick agreed.

I went to sleep and the next morning we woke up and got into the extra car. We rode for a while and we were almost there but the RV broke down. We got out and Glenn looked at it. I stayed inside to check on Eric again. He was asleep but Aaron was with him.

"Noah gave you some medicine right?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah he did." Aaron nodded. "Thank you for helping him." He smiled to me.

"Anything to help." I replied with a smile. It was genuine this time. I didn't want to leave him without some sort of help. "I'm gonna go back out." I smiled lightly as he nodded.

"Lyla Rose." I heard Rosita as I walked over. I was nervous as to what she wanted. "How much do you know about medicine?" She asked standing there with her arms crossed.

"I know a lot of basic things." I shrugged lightly. "Why?"

"I know things too about other things." Rosita said. It sounded sketchy. "We can teach each other." She said to me.

I nodded. "Okay. Thank you." I smiled to her. She smiled back.

Just then the RV turned back on. Everyone clapped and got back in. I went in the normal car with Michonne, Carl, Rick, and Judith.

We drove through a neighborhood and as we got closer we saw the gates. "We're here." Rick said as he started slowing down.

He rolled the windows down. We didn't hear anything for a second. Then all the sudden we heard laughing and yelling.

People.

I smiled to Carl who smiled back. We got out and Rick grabbed Judith. I held my knife and looked at him hoping I didn't have to use it. They started opening the gates. Carl and I looked around. The houses out here were destroyed. I saw a girl standing in one of them. I rubbed my eyes and she was gone.

"What?" I asked quietly confused.

"You saw her too?" He said looking at me.

"We are both going crazy." I smiled to him as I put my knife back.

Daryl killed a possum that was squeaking from a trash can. They opened the gate and a man looked at him surprised. "We brought dinner." He said as we looked at the guy.

"It's okay. Come on in guys." Aaron said as we started walking inside.

"Before we take this any further I need all of you to turn in your weapons." The other man said. "Stay, you hand them over." I didn't want to give them up.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick answered looking at him.

"It's fine Nicholas." Aaron said to the man. Nicholas squinted a lot and he had a jew fro.

"If we were gonna use them we would have started already." Rick answered looking to them.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron said to Nicholas.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked quickly.

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place." Aaron explained. "Rick, why don't you start."

A walker started snarling from behind the gate. "Sasha." Rick said as she turned around and shot in the head from 10 feet away. "It's a good thing we're here." Rick followed Aaron and the rest of us stayed there.

"It looks new." I said looking around. I saw little kids running around and other people going around. "I don't want them to keep my dad's knives." I said quietly to him.

"It's okay. You'll figure it out." Carl said as he squeezed my hand lightly and I nodded.

After about 10 minutes or so Rick came back outside. I looked at him wondering what was gonna happen next. "Give them your weapons. They'll keep them safe." Rick said as everyone nodded. We walked over to a bin.

"All weapons?" Michonne asked looking to him.

"Guns. Give your guns up." Rick corrected as everyone put there guns in the bin. I took off my backpack and put it on the ground. I pulled my pistol out. I shakily held it. It scared me. I didn't like it. I closed my bag and put it back on and then I put the gun on the bin.

"They are still your guns. You can have them whenever you leave the wall." The woman said who I assumed was Deanna.

"I'd like to talk to all of you when I get a chance. How about you?" The woman asked looking to me.

Why me? I nodded lightly. "Yes ma'am." I said as I followed her back to her house.

"Can I film us talking?" She asked looking at me as I looked around the house. It was so fancy.

"What for?" I asked looking at her books.

"Just for future reference." She said.

"Okay." I nodded looking at her.

"You can sit there if you like." She said looking to me. I sat down still looking around.

"My name is Deanna Monroe, yours?" She asked looking at me.

I sat up properly and looked to her. I smiled sweetly. "Lyla Rose Brooks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 312 30
"I don't want to be told to grow up. And I don't want to change. I just want to have fun. So you better give up, cause I'm not gonna change. I don't...
3 0 1
Hello, my name is Jade Benton. I want to explain everything that's going on, and this is the best way that I know how. I'm sorry if anyone you know...
68 23 12
For Whitney Brooks, all that never mattered was people because as long as there were people in the world, there was trouble. There was the trouble of...